Mechanics (Armor System)

Amstaad
was
IS an attempt at a site-written and site-run RPG that started back in the early days of the site.
It is currently being resurrected - inquire within if you want to help or play!
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:10 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Why does being rich have to balance out with being poor? I though the whole idea of an RPG was to play what you wanted and accept that. Not make it into some super balance Starcraft mach. If you are poor you probably are going to have a rougher go at just about everything, just like in real life.

For me, I really don't give a shit about balance, I care about realism. I have never played an RPG before, so I really don't know how you guys assign values to all of the equipment... My only suggestion is to make the game as close to "fantasy life" as possible. Don't worry about balance between rich poor x race or y race, just set the initial conditions and let people play what they want to play.

But, I do know that people will try to game the system and try to make over powered PCs, however, they will soon realize that beating the shit out of everything with no effort is not fun. It is the journey not the end result that makes an RPG fun.

[/ horribly phrased rant thingy]
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:22 am

Post by CooLDoG »

How is that really a problem? But you will gain some unique skills like street smarts and a knowledge of the local geography that a rich person wouldn't.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Ahh, I see.
after a wank.

Return to “Amstaad, City of Fate”