Song Contest 206 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:58 am

Post by Pink Ball »

/in!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:31 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Spoiler: Feeling a little low
eSwatini

Ginny Di - Monster Manual Mash

I hate this with passion.
Score: 1 out of 10
Peru

Homeboy Sandman - Satellite

Overall I didn't like it that much, but it has some redeemable qualities: the way he approaches the theme is cool; his off beat rap style is pretty neat at some points of the song; and extra points for saying "gif" with a hard g (not easy to take a stance there!). Now the bad thing is, I had this feeling the entire time that he was like parodying Drake in a successful way, only to realize that he's being serious and it's a little awkward.
Score: 4.005 out of 10
Mount Celeste

Stinkbug & Coda - Bomb-Sniffing Pomeranian

Not bad, caught my attention at first, but never delivered and comfortably stayed at the "generic background song" table.
Score: 4.01 out of 10
Scythia

Andrew Thompson - Dancing Mad

I get the limitations of this piece given that it's originally a 16-bit song and they tried to make the arrangement as close to the original as possible, but sadly, that translates into a poor bass performance along the way. This is an impressive song given its original context; I'd rather keep it there instead of trying to modernize it.
Score: 7 out of 10
Portland

Margo Cilker - Keep It on a Burner

The brasses are a good addition, the organ reminds me of Dylan. Very catchy, very simple, nice one!
Score: 8 out of 10
Chile

Carpenters - I Need to Be in Love

I don't know how this will hit for y'all, but Karen's one of if not my favourite female lead singers of all time. May be a little cheesy, but hey, it is what it is.
Score: She was a mad drummer too! out of 10
Slovenia

Trivium - Drowning in the Sound

Not really into it, or maybe I'm not in the mood right now, I'll listen to it again later. I do know that I'd probably loved it 15 years ago! Yeah no I listened to it again, and I know what's going on: I like everything except the melody/vocals. If this was an instrumental it would be great. The guitar reminds me of Death Note at some points.
Score: 5 out of 10
Mali

Watsky - Paper Nihilist

This is the kind of song that I'm looking for when getting into this contests. Innovative, to say the least. Banger, to say the most.
Score: 9.5 out of 10
Old Zealand

The Vaccines - I Always Knew

The change of the drums' pace came a little too late, I really liked it at first 'cause it was like building up to something, but the delivery should've been earlier. Lovely change though! Overall it's a nice tune, not quite my kind of thing, but I appreciate the production.
Score: 6.5 out of 10
Antarctica

Sega Sound Team - A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill)

Oh boy I never played this game as a kid but I would've gone crazy for this if I did. I love the cringey Sonic songs; they do make me cringe, but in a subtle, controlled way, like a safe space cringe.
Score: 4.5 out of 10
Japan

Jiluka - Venom

Somehow, his growls are a little more passable than every other heavy metal song I've recently listened, probably because they sound less gutural. This is SICK, I don't like it, it's way too intense for me, but wow the intensity they accomplished is absurd! The orcherstral part followed by the dubstep drop is an amazing thing to listen, even if you're not into it.
Score: 3 out of 10
Sweden

Orphaned Land ft. Hansi Kürch - Like Orpheus

I had to read some comments of the video to really understand how meaningul this is. I don't mind about the song, but it's cool how impactful the band is.
Score: 4 out of 10
United States of Erica

Dick Kent - Five Feet Nine-and-a-Half Inches Tall

Huh. I got nothing.
Score: 3.5 out of 10
Eritrea

A Day to Remember - The Downfall of Us All

This kind of pop punk reminds me of my childhood and what my big brothers used to listen. It's giving me a nostalgic rush even when it's the first time I listen to it. Sadly, the metal part is a little boring.
Score: 6 out of 10

Return to “General Discussion”