Song Contest 201 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:35 am

Post by toolenduso »

Gonna get last place with this entry fr
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:36 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 33, pickemgenius wrote: fun fact maylene and the sons of disaster were the first band i ever saw live on march 14, 2007 at the rock in papillion nebraska.
Nice! I believe I saw them live twice, both times as the opening act. Once in Vegas and once in Reno. I remember them being pretty good, but they never had a very big crowd.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:23 am

Post by toolenduso »

Spoiler: They checked the mosque and the chapel — nope, not there
Sweden - Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Age of Vulture Culture: I like this beat. I like the instrumentation. When it all comes together, idk, for some reason it doesn't grab me. OK but this new section around 3:50 is pretty cool. DECENT
Paraguay - Inchiuvatu - Matri Addulurata: The pic submitted with this entry screams "shameless Eurometal." And the vocals kinda support that, but the instrumentation very much does not. The instrumentation is super unique and weird, actually. Listen to this.......pan flute? Is that what that is? Anyway, it's not really my cup of espresso, but I respect it. DECENT.
Mali - Foals - Inhaler: Nice opening. This is pretty cool. Fave so far. DECENT.
Scythia - October Project - Bury My Lovely: Very 90s sound to this, which I like. DECENT.
Chile - Miranda! - Mentía: Pop poppity pop. DON'T CARE.
Kazakhstan - The Callous Daoboys - What Is Delicious? Who Swarms?: Oooh, very Dillinger sound to this...ok, then it became a little more standard. All right, this one's just all over the place. Yeah this was aight. DECENT.
United Kingdom - David Poore - Springwatch Theme: Very short, but not bad. DECENT.
Belobog - Parius - Dimension Y: Reminds me of that one guy. The one with the name. You know who I'm talking about? Anyway, it's ok. DECENT.
Galápagos - Allan Holdsworth - Metal Fatigue: Fun mix of old-school heavy, weirdo guitar and off-kilter rhythm. This is nice, one of my faves so far in this contest. DECENT.
Peru - Caroline Polachek - Pretty in Possible: Pretty, yes. DECENT.
Gibraltar - Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street: Haven't listened to much Dylan. It's fine, but idk, it doesn't really hit me. It's kinda....repetitive? I get that it's sort of all about the singing and lyrics, but that's not my type of music. DECENT.
eSwatini - Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep at the Wheel: Somewhat enjoyable. DECENT.
Gabon - Khai Dreams - Rats: Also somewhat enjoyable. DECENT.
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - Buck-Tick - Die: I like the dynamism, but the vocals and overall vibe smack of a particular niche of 90s musical atmosphere I've never been a big fan of. DECENT.

Return to “General Discussion”