Song Contest 199 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:53 am

Post by Pink Ball »

/in and I already entered
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Fri May 12, 2023 3:39 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Spoiler: Sall good, man
Slovenia

RedHook ft. Sly Withers - Soju

Catchy, I guess, but not my cup of tea. 12 year old me would be probably listening to this like a guilty pleasure.
Score: 3 out of 10
Lithuania

Sonido Gallo Negro - Bocanegra

It gave me high hopes when it started, but it got too repetitive. I'm too used to cumbias and far better than this one in particular, but I'll give the band a try because the sound mix is neat.
Score: 4 out of 10
Gibraltar

Kelela - Raven

Great atmospheric song. I dislike the ending (the last 30 seconds, not that it ends abruptly). A little dull when hearing it focused on it, but it's really good for doing other things at the same time.
Score: 5 out of 10
USA

Yoasobi - Idol

Meh, once again, not for me. Has some interesting elements, the key changes along the song are interesting enough to make me want to listen it until the end, but too "Dance Dance Revolution" for me.
Score: 3 out of 10
Peru

Deerhunter - Desire Lines

Nice tune, I started liking it more when the singer stopped singing which is not the best of signs, but overall I liked it
Score: 6 out of 10
Wales

Cub Sport - Come On Mess Me Up

Not bad at all! I like how the verses and the chorus are juxtaposed in a way that makes the chorus more powerful and impactful, it delivers what it's trying to portrait. The voice, however, even if matches the song at certain points, feels too forced and muddens the feeling that is trying to convey.
Score: 7 out of 10
Chile

Cigarbox Man - Hollywood

We know each other from college and I've had one of the best conversations about music with him. I really like his musical proposal and how it has evolved, so hopefully you like it too! I don't like too much this song in particular, but instead of bringing the ones I like the most, I went for one of the last ones he has released.
Score: Chile out of 10
Ireland

Tom Odell - Heal

See, in contrast with what I said about the singer of Cub Sport, Tom sings with genuine feeling. Beautiful tune, good decision to keep it simple. I like it. I'm not particularly in a sad mood so I feel like a stranger to this song, but I know that I would've appreciated listening to this song in the past.
Score: 9 out of 10
Israel

Joulez - Lon La-Bul

Maybe in another context? Not for actually sitting down and listening to it, for me at least. It has some redeeming qualities, but having reedeming qualities is the result of not being good enough in the first place.
Score: 2 out of 10
Yemen

As Cities Burn - Pirate Blues

Cool one, I don't really have anything to say about it other than that I liked it
Score: 8 out of 10
Denmark

Kansas - Dust In The Wind

I mean sure, I'll listen to it again and it's probably the best song of the bunch (I still have three pending), but I listen to this song frequently enough to not want to listen it in this context. I really love the song though, it was the second song I learnt to play on the guitar.
Score: 10 out of 10
eSwatini

Dodie - Ready Now

"and together we sang…"? No we didn't, you're not singing, you're barely speaking. Gentle and soft voice, but for fucks sake, sing! (Cute tune and lyrics, not my favourite style but I know a couple of friends who'd probably love this if they haven't listened to it yet)
Score: 6 out of 10
Oz

Hortus Animae - Bible Black

Oh
Score: 1 out of 10
Mali

Manchester Orchestra - Angel Of Death

Loved it until the 4 minute mark, I think they overextended it, but they sound REALLY good, the bassist killed it
Score: 9 out of 10
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Sun May 14, 2023 12:55 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 29, Skygazer wrote: in fact i find some comfort in it
I do too!! I think this song in particular wasn’t meant to be repetitive because of the rythm
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Sun May 14, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I’ll give the album a try! As I said, I really liked the mix quality so maybe the album as a whole is better than each part individually.

I’m from Santiago too, but living in Puerto Varas for almost 2 years now!

Return to “General Discussion”