The Sopranos: A Deadly Game (GAME OVER!)

Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

The Sopranos: A Deadly Game (GAME OVER!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Game Status
- OVER

I have made available two zip files for people who want a look at more of the game setup. The first file only contains the role pms. The second file contains every file used for running this game in its entirety, including the notes kept for each set of night actions. These are too numerous to post in the thread, so simply download the zip files if you want to see them.

Role PMs
Complete Game Files

Current DiMeo Family Boss:
Tony Soprano

Earnings Ladder:

Highest Earner:
Locke Lamora
- ($351,690)
Second Highest Earner:
farside22
- ($137,810)
Lowest Earner:
Knight of Cydonia
- ($86,230)

Still looking over one shoulder (3/22):

4. rajrhcpfreak
6. al_kohaulec
7. Locke Lamora II (replacing fuzzylightning)

Didn't hear it coming (19/22):

millar13, Carmine "Little Carmine" Lupertazzi, Jr., Survivor Backup, Lynched Day 1

Locke Lamora, Corrado Soprano, Jr, Demented Townie, Killed Night 1
Kise, Bobby Baccalieri, Jr, Townie, Killed Night 1
hohum, Furio Giunta, Combat Medic, Killed Night 1

elvis_knits, Lou "DiMaggio" Gallina, Serial Killer, Killed Night 2

CJMiller, Sal "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero, Tracker Miller, Lynched Day 3

mneme, Silvio Dante, Investigator, Killed Night 3
Empking, Patsy Parisi, Townie/Potential Miller, Lynched Day 4

No one died Night 4
No one lynched Day 5
Porochaz, Vito Spatafore, Townie, Killed Night 5

inHimshallibe, John "Johnny Sack" Sacramoni, Mafia, Lynched Day 6

DrippingGoofball (replacing ZONEACE), Richard "Richie" Aprile, Sr., Jailkeeper, Killed Night 6
Kise II (replacing MonkeyMan576), Ralph "Ralphie" Cifaretto, Townie, Modkilled Day 7

No one lynched Day 7
Spyrex (replacing tubby216 (replacing SensFan (replacing Sir Tornado))), Christopher Moltisanti, Ambitious Townie, Killed Night 7
MafiaSSK (replacing AshMC1984), Michael "Mikey Grab Bag" Palmice, Townie, Lynched Day 8.
killa seven, Herman "Hesh" Rabkin, Job Cop, Killed Night 8

SSF352, Carlo Gervasi, Mafia, Lynched Day 9

Kairyuu (replacing Gorrad (replacing Tom)), Tony Blundetto, Townie, Killed Night 9

Knight of Cydonia (replacing Drench (replacing Flameaxe)), Artie Bucco, Townie, Lynched Day 10

farside22 (replacing zwetschenwasser), Carmine Lupertazzi, Sr., Hider, Killed Night 10
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Melfi: Now that you found out that you have a retarded family member, do you feel better about coming here?
Tony: What?
Melfi: Is it permissable now? Is it enough of a sad tragedy that you can join the rest of the douchebags?
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Rumors.
That's all it was, right? Just stupid rumors that someone was moving. There's no way someone would actually challenge Tony Soprano and the rest of his family, not on their own turf. Even the guys in Brooklyn only engaged in border disputes. And yet, the rumors persisted. Someone was trying to stage a coup. Someone was going after Tony himself. Someone was taking people out. Little Paulie and Philly Spoons were already dead, and Benny Fazio hadn't been seen for some time. The coup had to be stopped, and fast. Tony has called the family together to decide this once and for all. We'll all meet in the back of the Bing during the day and figure out who it might be. Since everyone will be present, they won't be able to move on him during the day at least, right? Let's hope so.

Mod: Mastermind of Sin
Co-Mod: zu_faul

This game is based on the TV show "The Sopranos". However, while characters and flavor will be taken from the show, do not expect everything to exactly follow the storyline. For example, some characters will exist who were dead when other characters were introduced to the show.
As such, knowledge of the theme is somewhat useful but not necessary to play in this game.
Melfi: Now that you found out that you have a retarded family member, do you feel better about coming here?
Melfi: Is it permissable now? Is it enough of a sad tragedy that you can join the rest of the douchebags?
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:59 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Rules:

(blantantly stolen and altered from bloojay who stole them from discer who stole them from Werebear who stole them from Meme)

1. Each "Night" phase will last a maximum of
72 hours
. The deadline will be posted. If you need an extension, just tell me, I might need one someday myself. If I post the deadline late, the deadline will be no less than 24 hours from when it is posted. If a deadline is not posted to start the night, please pm me ASAP to get that corrected.

2. "Days" will last no longer than
3 weeks
. If discussion lags, I will impose an earlier deadline. If discussion picks up, the deadline will be rescinded. Aren't I the nice one??? (the correct answer is... NO) If I post the deadline late, the deadline will be no less than 1 week from when it is posted. If a deadline is not posted to start the day, please pm me ASAP to get that corrected.

Votes must be in bold
. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. If you are not counted, you do not exist.

4. There is no rule 4. Muahahaha.

5. Once a player has reached the necessary majority to lynch, the day is over. Unvoting them will not save their life. At deadline, the first player to have reached at least half majority (assuming there is a tie) will constitute a lynch. Otherwise, there will be no lynch. At 4 or less players, deadline rules do not apply. Majority is needed for a lynch.

6. No lynches are allowed, they require the same votes as a lynch.

7. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so. You button your lip, or I button it for you.

8. Once your death scene has been posted, unless you're not dead, you’re dead. You will be told if you're not dead. Once your dead please
DO NOT POST
until the game is over. I will allow one "BAH!" post, as long as it contains no pertinent information.

9. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts. No matter what stupid thing you've done. Why can't you just THINK? I mean, come on!

10. Don’t quote any PMs or e-mails from me, lest I kill you.

11. If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. If you miss a deadline, no choice will be made. This usually involves you being very unhappy.

12. If you're going to be gone any amount of time, let everyone know.

13. The mod is god. Any mistakes such as inaccurate vote counts are obviously YOUR mistake. Please point out your mistakes so I can correct them. And if I ask you to eat play-doh, you say "WHAT COLOR, MOD!?". Sacrifices of small woodland animals accepted.
Last edited by Dr. Melfi on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Special Mechanics:

Crews
- The DiMeo crime family is divided into several crews, each with its own Capo (Captain). Each player knows which character (not the player) is currently the captain of their crew. For example, a role pm might contain the following:
Fake Role PM wrote:The captain of your crew is Dr. Jennifer Melfi.
Should the captain of a crew die, someone else within that crew will succeed them as the new Capo. If the crew runs out of members, it will either dissolve or be replaced by a new crew, formed from old members of other crews.

Boss
- The Boss of the DiMeo crime family may be a bit of a sticky situation, as multiple people may claim the throne at times, but who actually holds the power is not in dispute to most of the family. The true Boss will be stated at the beginning of each day.

Jobs
- Each night, players can forego their night choice (whether or not they have one) and instead choose to undertake a job for the family. There will be three jobs available each night, with varying payouts. Profit from a job is split between all players who help to complete that job. The list of players who took a particular job is not public knowledge. Based on a player's position within the organization, they will have to kick up a portion of their profits to their superiors. Each night's available jobs will be posted along with the lynch scene. Jobs that are completed will be announced along with the next day's opening scene. A list of players who completed the jobs will *not* be posted.

Profit
- In addition to profit from jobs, players also earn a base amount of money each night based on their position within the organization. After each night is resolved, players will be notified how much total profit they have made so far. The top two earners as well as the bottom earner will be listed publicly. The rest of the rankings will be unknown.

Highest Earner
- The highest earner in the family has immunity from nightkills as long as they hold that position.

Second-Highest Earner
- In addition to any other actions they take at night, the second-highest earner can choose one person (other than the highest earner), and they will receive 5% of their target's profit from that night. This ability is available for as long as they are the second-highest earner.

Lowest Earner
- The lowest earner takes two votes less to lynch (or 1 vote less if there are 11 or less living players) for as long as they are the lowest earner.

Sample Role PM
- While all role pms were crafted individually, they all may share some similarities. In order to prevent any sort of metagaming that may occur, I will post a sample townie role pm. A sample win condition has been posted along with it. However, please note that not all protown win conditions need be phrased the same. If you are unsure of how to interpret anything in your role pm, please contact me for clarification before making any assumptions. It is likely that any ambiguities are due to flavor reasons rather than anything mechanical.
Sample Role PM wrote:Dr. Jennifer Melfi - You are "Anthony" Soprano's therapist. He has been coming to you for several years, and you are well aware of his status in the New Jersey mob. Despite this, you have continued treating him, and you have developed somewhat of a relationship over time, although it's hard to state its exact nature. Regardless, you would not explicitly wish him harm, and given the choice between Tony and another sociopath controlling the DiMeo family, you would choose to have the violent man you know in charge, rather than the psychotic killer you don't.

Abilities:
- You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the DiMeo crime family have been eliminated.

Please confirm in the game thread.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

Role PMs are being sent now. I will post in thread once all PMs have been sent, so please do not contact me about not having a role until after that post has been made. I will unlock the thread for confirms once all role PMs have been sent.
Dr. Melfi
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Dr. Melfi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Dr. Melfi »

All Role PMs have been sent. Please confirm in thread. Once at least 18 people have confirmed, I will announce the start of Day 1.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm here! Party can start!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:02 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

/capice
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:04 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

confirm
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:30 am

Post by ZONEACE »

lets go kill some folk
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

/confirm.
I'm back!
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:43 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

/confirm...
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:44 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

/confirm
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:16 am

Post by mneme »

/confirm
Did I say too much?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Porochaz »

blah
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:51 am

Post by CJMiller »

/confirm
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:25 am

Post by hohum »

/confirm
Tom
Tom
Goon
Tom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Tom »

confirm
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I'm here...and stuff.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by millar13 »

dont mind if i do
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

confirm
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

like /in yo...

er.. uh..

/confirm

>_>
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Kise »

/confirm
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by SSF352 »

/confirm
ZONEACE
ZONEACE