Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1601 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Hello guys. Just so you know, I have been reading up until page 64 before I got my role pm, as I was in the replacements list but didn't have time when the game just started. Some thoughts from what I read while not being in the game:
-Guardian: when reading the game, I was more or less wrong about Guardian. I didn't think he was acting very protown, but when he said that he was attacked because he posted a lot, I believed him, as I've seen that happen several times with him and with myself too. I do want to point out that we can't take his word that there is another goblin: there might be more, but he might also be the only goblin. I could see Guardian say there is another goblin while he is the only one, as I know him as someone who fakes claims and post restrictions. And, if there's 1 goblin, it would make sense that there is 1 communist and 1 vampire, while there are 2 or more ninjas and pirates. This is all just a theory of course, please tell me what you think of it. Ooba's theory sounds plausible too,
if he didn't invent the italicised text himself
. I first thought he got it from a book or something, but I don't know what to think of it now. But mike's reaction to that is interesting.
-Thesp: while being wrong about Guardian, I was right about Thesp. At the start, when he asked to claim pirate or ninja, I found him scummy, but he looked more protown later, and when MBL was resurrected, I was 80% sure Thesp was a vig or other powerrole that would benefit from cops/finders. It could be interesting to check who's been attacking Thesp a lot before his claim.
-Erg0: come on guys. It was obvious he was scum. While we know nothing about the amount of goblins, I think it was pretty obvious Guardian spoke the truth about Erg0. How he knew that Thok was a threat to the goblins I don't know, but we can see that it was just in his interest to out another scum like Erg0. We should look at the defenders of Erg0 too.

A short summary of what I think about the living players:
-Cicero: appears town to me. Has appeared town to me the whole game, actually. If he's scum, he's good.
-CES: need to hear more from him before I get a read on him.
-Iammars: I think I believe his claim. I don't remember who claimed buffy (erg0?) and who of these 2 claimed first, but if Iammars claimed before buffy then there isn't room for a lot of doubt (although we shouldn't take it for granted).
-Kison: not sure about him. If his playstyle is different than normal, he looks a bit scummy, but maybe he's always like this (and then I mean saying "hi", commenting on a few small things, then disappear). He also said once that he's town, of which I don't think it's a big problem, but I know others see this as a tell, so I thought I'd point it out.
-MBF: scummy, although when I read the game before Guardian was lynched, I thought MBF was town, because he defended Guardian while Guardian was being attacked a lot. Now we know Guardian is scum, we should take a closer look at this guy.
-MBL: just a vig. Very small possibility that he changed alignment, though the ones that suggested this are not more or less scummy than others.
-ooba: He didn't get lynched. I thought of 2 possibilities when this happened: there's a governor, or ooba has lynch-immunity (1-shot or not). I'm not sure, but I think it would be a bit too broken for scum to have a lynch-immunity with this crosskill rule, and a scum governor also doesn't seem likely, so I think I'm leaning towards town for this guy.
-Primate: don't have a good read on him. He does not appear scummy to me though, so I'd say a bit more town than scum.
-Rogueben: acts scummy. I understand the wagon on him, and I'd follow if he was the only scummy person.
-The Fonz: town. Just the vibes, but strong vibes. Who was the one that said something like "I suggest Fonzie" (for a kill or lynch)?. Ah, my memory...
-Thesp: see above. He's a day vig, 1-shot or not.
-UA: got scummy vibes from him. IIRC he was the one who said massclaiming is good D1. Since we now know scum got safeclaims, we should take a closer look at him.

I will vote after I investigate the posts of the players I find scummy. That might take some time though, maybe this weekend I can find the time (I'll still be around though). Please ask me questions if you have them, though FlameAxe's behaviour isn't my cup of tea. And don't abbreviate my name as Lance plz.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:13 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Cicero: why do you think Rogueben isn't just scum, but pirate? And I agree we shouldn't forget Ooba, though with several scummy people around I think he wouldn't be a good lynch target for now.

Ooba: yeah the kills of my theory don't match, as I noticed later. I saw there was some cult speculation going around, but I think I'm on the "cults aren't very likely in this game" side. Maybe there are 1-man scum groups with different powers than killing? Maybe there's a 1-man scum group with lynch immunity lol.

MBF: you suddenly turned around and voted Guardian. What's the hint? I thought you were hinting that you're a cop, but in this situation that would mean goblin finder, but Twomz was our goblin finder. Nvm if you can't explain, but for now I don't see this as a defense or something.

Rogueben: Huh? Because the ninja finder thinks primate is a ninja, primate is likely not to be a ninja?

So, Iammars claimed after buffy. Why do people believe Iammars again? And who does not believe Iammars, and care to explain why?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Rogueben wrote:
Lawerencelot wrote:Rogueben: Huh? Because the ninja finder thinks primate is a ninja, primate is likely not to be a ninja?
If he had a guilty result at this stage he would have given it before night 3 (most likely) and if not then it is likely that he would have investigated Jordan that night. Following?
Ah. Gotcha. Still, he only had 1 night to investigate jordan, who says he wouldn't investigate someone else? It's a bit farfetched, but thanks for the info.

Mass-claiming: I'm not sure if I would oppose it at this stage. Let's see what roles we can expect:
-day-vig (confirmed)
-vig (confirmed)
-vampire finder (semi-confirmed)
-pirate protector (high chance)
-vampire protector (medium chance)
-communist protector (medium chance)
-governor (medium chance)
-mason (low chance)
-other
-ninja's safeclaim (high chance)
-pirate/ninja's safeclaim (medium chance)
-goblin's safeclaim (medium/high chance)
-vampire's safeclaim (medium chance)
-communist's safeclaim (medium chance)

Hm seeing this (all my opinion of course) I think massclaiming still wouldn't benefit us. Since scum appear to have safeclaims, it's not worth outing our powerroles. I am against it.

ooba and cicero: thanks for quoting
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I'm wondering what MBL sees.

Cicero: what if Rogueben is town? What if he's scum? (in other words, who's next)

Although there are other scummy players, Rogueben could certainly use a third vote.
Vote: Rogueben
. MBF and UA are other candidates, but I'll reread a bit before I'm sure.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Rogueben's latest post is something he posted in all his game if I'm correct. We may not like it, but I guess it will take some time before we hear his claim. So we can: a) pile up votes on him so that he will claim when he comes back. b) switch to another wagon in the meantime, and don't forget that he needs to claim.

Unvote Rogueben; Vote: Mikeburnfire
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1673 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:54 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

I agree that Rogueben's partner should confirm. If it really is a 2-man group like hasdfgas and Gorrad, then we could lose a mason and a townie in a way of speaking, instead of 1 mason and keeping a townie. But there's a good chance that he's lying.
fonz wrote:Note that Scope claimed a mason-like role, and was not tested, and subsequently found to be lying.
And that's also a good point.
fonz wrote:That's a really bad vote, given recent developments. What's your rationale?
I wanted to see CESs, MBFs and other's reactions. I did not think MBF was town like CES said. But now Rogueben's claim came earlier than I expected:
Unvote
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1708 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Thesp wrote:If we're dealing with 3-3-3 scum teams, we have 0-2-2 left.

[aside]Why the heck would MBL kill Iammars? That's a terrible play.[/aside]

Time to find Erg0 and Guardian's buddies.
But, if the scum teams are 3-3-3, where do the vampires and communists belong? A vampire finder is confirmed, does that mean vampires are confirmed? I'm not sure if I believe the vampire finder was just a townie.

I'd have picked mike as guardian's buddy if he wasn't dead... it will become harder now. Seeing as he never had a chance to reveal his info (assuming he had info about lies and such): shall we consider a massclaim again?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1727 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:47 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Thesp wrote:
Primate (replaced JordanA24)

Notably, Mgm asks him Day 1:
Mgm wrote:You've slipped up. You're a ninja, aren't you?
On something relatively minor. I think this is actually the info he's dropping. I think it's worth exploring.
I thought it was RogueBen who used the same quote to conclude that Primate is not a ninja. But RogueBen was a pirate...
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:02 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I don't understand much from the discussion between CES, the Fonz and cicero, yet I feel it's important. CES, did you claim pirate protector or not?

I don't mind massclaiming.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Alright, time for some action. I think everybody should clearly say whether he thinks we should massclaim or not. Add yourself to the list.

Massclaim: yay or nay?
Lawrencelot: yay
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Primate wrote: I'm against the mass-claim because we have two confirmed innocents in the game, one in the form of the pirate protector, and the other in the form of the vanilla townie. We out them, and regardless of how small the game is, the scum
will
kill them instead of each other. If we run up the townie and the PP today, then I'll be in favour of a mass claim of the remaining people, but I just don't think the benefit outweighs the cost at this point.
If the scum
would
kill the pirate protector, assuming that role is around, that'd be better than if any working powerrole would be killed. I'm not sure if the scum would kill them instead of each other though. If Thesp's role is 1-shot for example (don't tell us whether it is or not) he is no threat for the scum, same counts for the pirate protector, and for Ooba if his role is 1-shot.
UltimaAvalon wrote:Brawl.

I been down with massclaim since Day 1. That being said, I dont see what CES is trying to get at with
CES wrote:If the mass claim gives us any insight into alignment, then that'll probably lead to scum killing the wrong people.
With 3 dead finders, 2 dead and one obsolete protector, a dead vig, and a claimed dayvig, I'm not sure what else is left that we need to protect.
Also, the difference between cicero and everyone else who has UA in some sort of scum list is cicero actually has a reason.
Good reason. But your posts didn't look very protown throughout D1 and later, so you shouldn't be surprised that you're in anyone's scumlist.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Thesp wrote:
ooba wrote:So massclaim will probably help them avoid the townies and hit the other scum .. And will make sure we don't mislynch now too
Don't we already have several excellent suspects for scum?
Why aren't we pushing
them
with votes and push them to claim?
Make only the scummy people claim is better of course. But your "excellent suspects" are Primate, and who else? IIRC, you find Primate scummy because of the ninja finder, but Rogueben had some good logic, I thought, about why Primate would not be a ninja. Sure, Rogueben was scum, but he wasn't ninja. I'd rather lynch UA than Primate.
Vote: Ultima Avalon
. If he wants to claim so bad, why let him wait?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

^^: good posting
^: not good. We do have the time. If there is a 1% chance that he's town, and waiting for his answer doesn't risk anything, why not see what he makes up? It could even provide more information. Oh well, I'm pretty sure he's scum anyway.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:47 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Ehm.. Oh shit!

So... what was your second ability? Don't tell if it's still good for scum to know, of course.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Meh. Let's massclaim.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I don't feel like trying to understand ooba's post, but I think it doesn't matter anymore. I'm the pirate protector (Stephen Maturin). Everyone who doesn't claim should be regarded as scum.
Vote: no lynch
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1856 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Unvote, vote: CES.
Could someone explain in clear words why scum shouldn't be lynched? 'Cuz I didn't really get it.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1864 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:42 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Vote: no lynch
?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Vote: Primate
. Man, my brains hurt.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Good game all. I kinda lost it at the endgame, but still I survived and made the right decision. Good job Ooba too. Mr. Stoofer, thanks for modding, the setup was nice and balanced.

I was mainly wrong about The Fonz, and maybe cicero, the other players were more or less of the alignment I thought they were. Hope to play with you guys again.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

The fun part is... I had never heard about Stephen Maturin. I checked wikipedia and saw that it was related to Jack Aubrey, something/someone I also never heard of, but which was enough for me because that was a dead player when I replaced in.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Then it's no safeclaim...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”