PRESIDENTMAKER! Game Over! TOWN WINS??!!

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:May I humbly put forward at this time the proposition that Gorgon, that dirty rat, is, in fact, not allied with, that is to say, not on the side of, the town, which, being a bad thing, should qualify him, as it were, for the guillotine, or for whatever piece of machinery we employ for these purposes?
Mojo Jojo, is that you?
andersonw wrote: Does "shotgunned" normally mean with a vigilante? I'm guessing that it doesn't in this context.
It could mean anything. I've never seen a game where someone's been shotgunned, but it sounds like either a vig or mafia hit. I feel mafia is more likely though - a vig is not that likely to kill N0, and if he did, there would have to be some reason for the mafia not to have killed. Too contrived a scenario.

That said ...

Vote: andersonw
for voting twice.

@DGB - why are you so certain that you'd be the N0 hit? There's a lot of good scumhunters here. Even though you find MM to be a stupid choice, there's plenty of other wise choices.

P.S. These votes are just for show, right? Skruff decides the lynch - although I guess some sort of informal voting, where the president carries our the kill according to how it goes, is not a bad idea.

P.P.S. What's with the Nibbler avatars I see popping up here on MS?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Gorgon »

*Finds it*

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... er_of_2008

I refuse to participate! This Nibbler entity is an insidious parasite and a threat to free thought!

Anyway, back on track ...

DGB, what is your list of players 'foolish enough to let you live' based on?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Gorgon »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Gorgon wrote:DGB, what is your list of players 'foolish enough to let you live' based on?
Players that have yet to express extreme distate for my playstyle, or threatened to pour bleach in my aquarium, slash my tires, etc.
Ah, I see. Then I am happy to be in this category.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Gorgon »

Will ... fading ...

(She went through all that trouble to create this avatar ... and besides, Nibbler is sooooo cute ^_^)

Btw, I voted for you, Skruffs. Please don't kill me.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Gorgon »

Skruffs wrote:What else... Oh. Well, it's odd that dgb immediately cleared a bunch of people; and to just assume that her being the obvious nightkill wouldn't also be the obvious choice for, say, a doctor, too.
I agree ... she seems to be clearing and accusing people for strange, far-fetched reasons, but then again, that is her style.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Gorgon »

Theory: Lowell is scum.

Rationale: If he was protown, he'd be more aware of the fact that players cannot vote themselves for president.

Vote: Lowell
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Gorgon »

... although I do like his idea about creating groups of players who elect selected candidates. The election process is definitely something that could be exploited in order to gain information.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Gorgon »

scotmany12 wrote:
Gorgon wrote:Theory: Lowell is scum.

Rationale: If he was protown, he'd be more aware of the fact that players cannot vote themselves for president.

Not really. It doesn't say anywhere in my role that I can't vote for myself. he most likely just didn't read the rules as he said.
armlx wrote:
FOS Gorgon
for that slip up.

If you were pro-scum, you wouldn't know pro-town players weren't explicitly told they couldn't vote themselves any more than the mafia were.
Note that I said "he'd be more aware of the fact that ...", not "he'd know that ...". Semantics, I know, but they sometimes matter.

Before voting, I read the rules in the thread to be sure of what I was supposed to do, and noticed, among other things, that I couldn't vote for myself. I felt this was the natural thing to do before casting a vote.

My line of thought was therefore that scum would be more likely than townies to not know that players can't vote for themselves, as they would care less than townies about the exact protocol that the 'elections' follow. In other words, townies would be more aware of the rules than scum.

Capiche?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Flameaxe wrote:Y'all need to claim president votes.
Skruffs, as already stated, I believe.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Gorgon »

After thinking things a bit, I must say that there is reason to be somewhat wary of a strategy that exploits the election process. BM is a smart, logical guy, and he probably considered strategies of this nature beforehand. There might be ways for scum to manipulate the whole thing and screw with it, skewing any info we gain from such strategies.

Lowell says that there might be a whole lot of scum to balance this out, but that' only one possibility. The other possibility is the aforementioned opportunity for scum to screw things up.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Gorgon »

To whom it may concern:

I'm on holiday, and have much less access to the Internets than I anticipated. I cannot say for sure when activity will be back to normal, except it will be on Monday at the latest.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Gorgon »

Guess what - I voted HH. Not much thought behind the vote though ... it was more random than anything else.

Regarding the DGB jailkeeping, it of course most likely means that she was either targeted for a kill, or tried to kill. I'm assuming Iammars is telling the truth, which I believe to be a reasonable assumption - lying about something like this as scum is pretty far-fetched.

I find Flameaxe's response to DGB interesting. "Care to back that one up?". Looks pretty antagonistic to me - why not just ask "Why?" or some such? Gut tells me this response is scummy. Also, he just keeps asking DGB for 'proof'. Why would he care so much about her accusastions? Why not just concentrate on finding scum?

I know overdefensiveness is a controversial scumtell, but I think it applies here. This reaction is pretty over the top.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Gorgon »

I agree she needs to prove her case and present some actual evidence - that burden rests purely on her shoulders. However, I have a bad feeling about Flamexe's replies. It's highly subjective, of course, and I see that at least one other player has a completely different view on it, but I have to call 'em as I see 'em.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Gorgon »

So I'm scummy for stating a gut call that others disagree with?

I hate this game.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Gorgon »

armlx wrote:
Gorgon wrote:So I'm scummy for stating a gut call that others disagree with?

I hate this game.
You are scummy for saying that a player was scummy for asking someone else the logic behind their attacks on them.
It was the tone of the posts. I thought I made that clear.

Next time I'll remember to keep my thoughts to myself.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by Gorgon »

armlx wrote:
Gorgon wrote:Theory: Lowell is scum.

There we go. This was the post, issue being the slip up about assuming pro-town people would be told again about not being able to self vote.
I explained this earlier.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Gorgon »

By the way, and for what it's worth, since Lowell replaced in and missed the chance to vote, it makes more sense that he would be
less aware
of the fact that townies can't vote for themselves ... since he never had to think about the voting process.

Not that it matters much ... I'm seriously considering giving up mafia. Amazingly enough, I'm finding out that I don't enjoy having to throw uncertain accusations at strangers, only to get hammered back if it's stupid and/or badly phrased sh*t, which happens way too often with me. Bottom line: I'm not enjoying mafia much these days, so what's the point?

Yeah whine whine whine ... but it's the truth. I'll keep you posted, and sorry for the inconvenience, etc.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Mod, please replace me. I no longer enjoy mafia, and I am leaving the site. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Gorgon »

ZONEACE wrote:did something happened those 40 minutes since your last post?? weird.
I guess I'm having personal issues + there's another game besides this one that I'm not enjoying at all. Just check my post history.

Ciao.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”