Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Rogueben »

Hi guys.

Going to start reading this asap. I'll try and catch up over this weekend. In the meantime I have read the last few pages.

@Guardian - I know you have some questions for me about other players, I will attend to those once I've read the thread.

Reading Twomz claim I am going to
Vote: Guardian

Please give us your results now Guardian, I don't see how holding them back anymore can help.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Rogueben »

You are asking me to comment on three players play in a 42 page game when I've known about the game for all of 20 minutes. I think that is slightly unreasonable.
Guardian wrote: I find it a little suspicious how you vote me after a goblin-finder claim in a game called pirates and ninjas after not having read the game.
I have read the last few pages and find that you are the most suspicious FROM THOSE. I think that your reluctance to post results is scummy, not in itself, but because of the tentativeness in your posting (see 1007).
I would prefer that you post your result now, before all these questions are answered, because it seems to me like you are trying to get information to help a fake-claim.
I will answer your questions, after I have read through the thread and formed opinions about those players that you asked.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Rogueben »

I agree that Thesp smells off.
I wonder why Ergo was not NKd.
I would like MBL to explain his colour coding in 1142.

Vote: Thesp
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Rogueben »

I think Erg0 is justifying what appear, to me, to be backpedaling as well.

Thesp's ability can be tested, as others have said, by vigging at L-1.

Reading back over Guardian's post, and also the rule post, I think it is most likely that Erg0 is scum, and that the Goblins were told this.

So
Unvote, Vote:Ergo
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1264 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Oh and those that are saying Rogueben post more. I'm posting as regularly as possible, I only have a couple of windows to post in and point out what I see then.

If you have any questions I am more than happy to answer.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Rogueben »

Fact is: I would lynch Thesp, but right now I like the Erg0 wagon more. I might change the vote later, if it looks like it is indeed Thesp, and not Erg0 who is getting lynched today - but right now, both wagons seem to have the same size and momentum.
QFT

I think that Thesp's claim can be tested, and that we should try and find whoever else is likely to be scum.

To me the 100% chance Erg0 is scum call by Guardian
Guardian wrote:anyways, i tried to kill erg0 last night. he is 100% scum.
Compared to
Guardian wrote:I also have role-based information that Thok is on an opposing scum faction.
is a complete different thing.

I find it much more likely that Guardian was telling the truth about Erg0, and given that the rule specifically says that scum will be told that their kill failed because of Cross-Kill rules it is likely that was included in the pm to Guardian.

Can the other goblin confirm this? :P

Plan for the day should be Erg0 claim, weigh up his claim and proceed from there I think.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Rogueben »

In response to your questions.

Cicero - Seemed solidly pro-town most of the game. Hasn't seemed to have more knowledge than he should, which is what I'd expect from scum. Some weaker points in his arguments that I don't agree with but overall I'd rate him as 45% on my scumdar (0% = confirmed town, 100% = confirmed scum).
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by Rogueben »

6. Skruffs- Notice how he specifically targets the confirmed guy as a possible cult member? Skruffs, I don't know what your beef is with me, but snap out of it.
If there's a cult, then you being recruited could explain some of your play. In this place you are not confirmed at all (not saying there is a cult though).

I agree that cult speculation seems to be stretching a fair bit though.

Also:
Thesp: vig or die
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Sorry my point was that you weren't cleared if there was a cult, not that I had found anything to be suspicious of you in particular.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Hmm I'm going to
Unvote

Iammars claim has thrown me a bit.

I'll look into an Iammars - Ergo connection tonight to see if this is just a scumgroup fake claiming together.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Rogueben »

I'm not sure what to make of this now. It's quite possible that stoofer has thrown in the vampire finder to throw us (naive cop idea).

I don't like the fact that Erg0's claim is linked to that vampire type role though.

Still don't know whether to believe either of Iammar's or Erg0.

I think the best lynch(vig) is probably Erg0. He's claimed vanilla on a role that seems likely to be a protect role, he's postulated some sort of NK-immunity not mentioned is his role PM and his latest posts are a bit WIFOMy (a fact he concedes himself) and seem like scum trying to preserve themselves for a bit longer.

Vote: Erg0
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:03 am

Post by Rogueben »

Claus - Senator Joseph McCarthy (Communist Finder) - filled full of musketballs Night 4
Communist Finder? Is this some sort of other faction or just a cruel Stoofer joke?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:43 am

Post by Rogueben »

Ooba's post is stretching at best.

Thesp's vote switch? Any reasoning?

If the people who are voting me/want to vote me actually want to put out some sort of case I'd be happy to discuss your suspicions.

In response to the fact that I have been "copying" others opinions it is mainly due to the fact that when I get home to read the thread there are usually a significant amount of posts to absorb, in these cases I often end up rehashing others opinions.
Thesp wrote:
Rogueben wrote:
Claus - Senator Joseph McCarthy (Communist Finder) - filled full of musketballs Night 4
Communist Finder? Is this some sort of other faction or just a cruel Stoofer joke?
What's your best guess, oh purveyor of useless fluff?
Considering the role it was worth thinking something about some sort of communist cult or something along those lines. Looking over it now, I guess that the idea of red herring roles is likely. Thanks for the respect though, I'll remember to treat you the same way.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1590 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Rogueben »

QFT everything in the above post.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1594 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Primate wrote:@Rogueben: So you're comfortable enough regarding setup speculation to talk about scumgroup composition but not comfortable enough to talk about the specific roles in the game?
I have no idea what you're getting at here. Have I ever said I'm not comfortable to talk about specific roles in the game?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1597 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by Rogueben »

I still don't see what you're getting at? Where have I shown a reluctance to talk about specific roles?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1610 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:31 am

Post by Rogueben »

I've been doing some back-reading and come to a couple of conclusions.

1. If Primate is scum, he is not likely to be a ninja. This is because MGM (Ninja Finder) suspected Jordan24 of being ninja. See post 142.

2. UA is a possible pirate. See his post 901 where he says don't lynch the now two confirmed pirates.

3. The Fonz's post 1175 could be seen as scum coaching.

That's all I've got for the moment. I'll try and post some more tomorrow.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Rogueben »

Lawerencelot wrote:Rogueben: Huh? Because the ninja finder thinks primate is a ninja, primate is likely not to be a ninja?
If he had a guilty result at this stage he would have given it before night 3 (most likely) and if not then it is likely that he would have investigated Jordan that night. Following?
The Fonz wrote:I'd really like to see you explain why. One because I really don't see how it could, and two because that sounds like you casually floating an idea and hoping someone else runs with it.
The Fonz wrote:Congratulations Erg0. We know from the first page that there is at least one vanilla townie in the game, and we now know from your comment that you aren't one of them. If you're not scum, please pull your head out of your ass and stop giving scum information it's better they lack.
It seems to me like you are saying, stop telling everyone you're not vanilla. Which, if you are scum buddies, is something that you would want to avoid as that makes him an ideal candidate for a NK.

That's just a small thing that I noticed under the grander scheme of you and Erg0 possibly being scum-buddies.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Rogueben »

The Fonz wrote:The grander scheme of me and Erg0 being possible scumbuddies that you hadn't mentioned at all, ever, until you snuck in that sly little insinuation you mean? In fact, you hadn't mentioned me at all.

I mean, sure, if you've already decided you think X and Y are scum together, pretty much anything can be seen as scum interaction. But do you dispute that letting scum know whether or not you're a power role is a bad thing for town players to do?
Having read other comments about a fonz/Erg0 pairing I thought I'd check it out for myself. That was the first thing I found, and I found it telling (for some reason).

Now doing a more thorough read through all of your posts I've noticed that your post 35 (taking you on your own) doesn't read as a scum pairing.
Lawrencelot wrote:Ah. Gotcha. Still, he only had 1 night to investigate jordan, who says he wouldn't investigate someone else? It's a bit farfetched, but thanks for the info.
I don't think it's that far-fetched at all. He openly asked someone if they were a ninja, with no information (good assumption), as a cop I would expect him to check that person that night.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Hey guys.

I'm really sorry I haven't posted in a while. I currently only have access at uni (posting from a friends place atm) as my access has been cut off at home due to a banned IP address.

I'm talking to JEEP about fixing this, I'll try and catch up tomorrow.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by Rogueben »

I'm a little confused as to why mike is town? Can someone explain that please?

I'm really sorry for the lack of posting, but without access at home I have very limited time to post.

I am Art Garfunkel - Mason with Paul Simon.

I know that my partner is town, but I'm not going to say who it is.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1676 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Rogueben »

I'm going to leave it to my partner to decide whether to out himself. I'd rather get lynched than out him.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1939 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Hey I had nothing to do with your kill DGB. I think that was probably TSQ's idea. Well done to the town, I enjoyed this game a lot. Thanks to Stoofer too.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”