Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #482 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Hi guys.

Vote: Greasy Spot

That should give me some time to read the game.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #510 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote: RossWilliam

I've almost finished reading, so until then I'm just going to agree with Pooky.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #539 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

To clarify, I was just following Pooky because Pooky is smart and bandwagons are fun. I still haven't finished reading, unfortunately, because I've had a very busy weekend. For the record, I'm not a huge fan of RossWilliam's "FoS" response. If you're going to go OMGUS, you should go all out. An FoS is just plain wimpy.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #549 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Battle Mage wrote:Much as it is the case that few people like or respect him, it is also the case that he is a fairly good player, and certainly puts effort into these games. I find it very hard to see him as scum atm, UNLESS he is bluffing Jester.
As expected as that (untrue) insult is, I'm rather pleasantly surprised by the rest of your statement. Thanks, BM.

I wish I were the Jester, but no, I'm not. You'd know if I were the Jester, though, because I would have won already.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #550 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Monkey wrote:
Vote: Sarcastro
cause leaving a vote on someone when you're not even finished reading just seems to open a window for you to say later, Oh I didn't know that so and so was that close to a lynch.
But he's not close to a lynch. And what exactly are you saying? That a bunch of people will vote for RW soon, lynching him, and then it'll be
my fault
that he was lynched? And then that I'll try to escape that responsibility by pointing out that I hadn't read the whole game yet? Yeah, because that makes perfect sense - I'll escape responsibility for something that wasn't my fault by explaining that I completely neglected my responsibility to
read the damn game
. Oh yeah, and what does reading
Day One
have to do with knowing how close (or far, in this case) someone is from being lynched?

Seriously, think through what you're saying.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #603 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

I wish I knew how to tell the difference between newbie scum and newbie town.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #614 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Out of curiosity, am I the only one for whom this whole page is formatted very strangely?

Anyway, I finally remembered to read the rest of the game. It was kind of a waste of time, really.

Dear MeMe,

Please stop voting for me.

Yours sincerely,
Sarc.

RW is still scum. Monkey, too. In fact, everybody expressing suspicion of Sarc should be shot, just to be safe.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #623 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Sarcastro »

You know, I think I'm starting to like the new-and-improved BM.

For the record, though, I don't think it's fair to say that my D1 hammer had "no reasoning" behind it. The reasoning was that ten other people found Greasy Spot scummy and I felt that ending the day would be good. I don't like really long days, as anyone who's played with me knows.

And my "votes" today (all one of them) have not been ridiculous. So I jumped on a bandwagon. As I suspected then and have now confirmed, it was a good bandwagon, and we should lynch RW. And even if it hadn't been, so what? Did I misread the rules? Do we only get one vote for the entire day? I swear, some people are more conservative with their votes than Ann Coulter.

In conclusion, let's lynch RW. Also, Monkey is probably just newbie-town, but he's still really annoying me right now.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #634 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

petroleumjelly wrote:
A.)
If you read the game, how did you miss the entire
discussion
on Monkey being an alt, as well as him
claiming
to be an alt the set of double posts directly
before
you claimed to have read the game?
Well sorry, Mr. I-never-get-bored-and-start-skimming.
petroleumjelly wrote:
B.)
Does the fact that Monkey is NanooktheWolf change your opinion on him?
Yeah, I guess. We can lynch him today instead of RW if you want.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #635 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

While we're on the subject, of whom is Captain Bandwagon an alt?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #638 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

You should be shot on principle.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #680 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

I think we should lynch RW now.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #682 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Oh yeah, and I'm totally HD #2. You don't even need to ask, Pooky.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #719 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

petroleumjelly wrote:It is unlikely he would gain abilities from
the words
without also having that restriction.
Have you forgotten about Verbose 2 already, PJ?

You're probably right, but I don't agree with that assumption. If we think he's faking the restriction, there is certainly a reasonable possibility that saying the words would not be good for the town.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #721 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Hasdgfas, is there any sort of restriction on how often you can post? I assume you can't double-post, but are there any restrictions besides that? You may have already mentioned this when you broke your restriction, but I'm lazy.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #723 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Which link?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #739 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:36 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Wow, that's genius.

Unvote, Vote: Captain Bandwagon

Who are you an alt of, anyway?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #748 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:04 am

Post by Sarcastro »

While I don't pretend to speak for Pooky, I suspect it may have to do with the incredibly obvious distancing CB is doing to Wolfcrier.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #774 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:farside, you realize that Alko is defending you, right?
What exactly is wrong with voting for someone you think is scum who happens to be defending you? I'll make a note to defend you a lot the next time we're in a game together and I'm scum.

Then again, Farside is obv-scum, so perhaps you were saying that it was bad from a scum perspective, because it's good for the scum to keep alive people who defend them. Which means that you both know Farside is scum and want to keep her alive. Meaning that you're her scumbuddy.

I win.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #788 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Hey guys, let's see if we can actually lynch Farside before the deadline.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #801 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

farside22 wrote:Well I want an opportunity to say something since this is a deadline and no one is giving me a chance I am allowed to claim. IF you choose to lynch still go look at pooky and the person I voted against before he conviently changed his vote to lynch me.
I agree with GS this game sucks if no one listens.
I am the doctor.
Yeah, she's scum. Lynch faster, please.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #812 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Iammars wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:
farside22 wrote:Well I want an opportunity to say something since this is a deadline and no one is giving me a chance I am allowed to claim. IF you choose to lynch still go look at pooky and the person I voted against before he conviently changed his vote to lynch me.
I agree with GS this game sucks if no one listens.
I am the doctor.
Yeah, she's scum. Lynch faster, please.
Really? I see her as town for this. Either way, I have policy of not lynching doctors except in certain cases.
Well then it's a good thing she's not a doctor, isn't it?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #814 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Note that she still hasn't claimed her target last night.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #821 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Sarcastro »

She's still scum.

I like RW's last post. In the sense that I think it looks pro-town, not in the sense that it's a good post, because it's not, because Farside is still scum.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #833 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Farside and PJ are both shrugging. Farside is obvscum. PJ is defending Farside. Ergo, PJ and Farside are part of the Shrug Mafia. Let's kill them, please.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #836 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Pooky, do you endorse this emergency back-up wagon?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #842 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

We could also lynch Monkey. Really, there are plenty of possibilities. Of course, given that Farside has pretty much confessed to being scum, she's still my first choice.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #856 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Sarcastro »

RossWilliam wrote:Sarcasto, you can keep saying it all you want, but the rest of the town is opposed to reckless self-endangerment. Farside is not getting lynched today. If she's scum, good for her for pulling a fast one on us, but even if thats the case we'll lynch her tomorrow.
No, not good for her. Doctor is the most obvious scum claim there is. It's hardly "pulling a fast one" if she just calls out the first thing that comes to her head and everybody else says "Oh noes! We can't lynch a claimed doctor! Not ever! It would be wrong!"

Farside is scum. Seriously. She's scum. There's no use leaving obvious scum alive just because she claimed a certain role. This weird absolutist principle of not lynching people who claim certain things is ridiculous and only helps the scum.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #860 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Sarcastro »

RossWilliam wrote:you're not doing yourself any favors sarc. Tell me WHY she's scum. Don't just keep saying she's scum over and over again. That doesn't convince anyone and just makes you look stupid and stuborn. Do yourself a favor and tell us why you feel that why. I'll be suprised if you can say anything.
See Pooky's original reason, which I clearly agreed with. See also the doctor claim (yes, I consider it a scumtell) and the way that her entire defense is basically "No I'm not scum, none of you are providing any good reasons, hey look over there at that person who's scummy!"
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #865 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Sarcastro »

RossWilliam wrote:but how does that make you sure? how does that make you as positive as you're acting? If there's a chance I'm lynching my doctor, I don't want any margin for error. I don't see how you don't understand the logic behind that. None of your reasons are good enough to be as 100% positive as your acting
No, really? You mean I don't have a good reason to be 100% sure? Geez, I certainly never realised that. This whole time, I was under the impression that the fact that Farside looks pretty scummy means that she is absolutely, beyond-a-reasonable-doubt, a member of the mafia.

It's public knowledge that McCoy is on the Doctor card. Now whether you're smart enough to have found that out and then pretended that you didn't know, I don't know. This is why I hate trying to tell the difference between newbie scum and newbie town.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #866 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Sarcastro »

The thread where Mith was talking about the cards lists McCoy as the image on the Doctor card, MeMe.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #870 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

RossWilliam wrote:Sarcasm doesn't flatter you. And you've certainly been acting like you think she is an absolutely beyond-a-reasonable-doubt member of the mafia, you can't deny that.
So what? That's what I tend to do. That's what a lot of people tend to do. Notice that nobody else is freaking out about it. Stop nitpicking on irrelevant details. You'd look like scum if you weren't so clearly naive.

To be honest, the picture claim has made me think that Farside is quite a bit less likely to be scum. I don't see any indication that she would have known where the information about the cards was, and I doubt she's acting deliberately naive (sadly, the same is true of RW). To be honest, describing the picture on a non-townie card feels a little like PM-quoting to me, but I can't argue with the logical conclusion.

Unvote, Vote: Monkey

I will gladly switch back to Farside if someone gives a more plausible explanation for how she could have found out about the picture.

And seriously, stop saying I'm the Jester. Do you think it's an insult or do you actually believe it?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #874 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

farside22 wrote:I would say Sarcastro is more likely the jester do to his constant. Lets lynch her she is scum comments over and over. His hammer vote day one and the fact he thinks anyone can claim doctor and it looks good.
And why would I do that as the Jester? My actions don't seem to have generated any suspicion at all. Given that this is how I always play, I probably would have had better luck acting all non-commital and lurky.

Please don't assume that I'm some kind of moron when you're evaluating my actions.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #875 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

tyhess wrote:That's just how sarcastro plays. It's horribly anti-town. He's one of the worst players In that regards that I've played with.
Oh grow up. You've played in one game with me, and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I don't like to actually insult players' abilities, but since you've already crossed that bridge, you are far from competent enough to judge my abilities, considering you declared in this game that you
fake-claimed as town
. You played atrociously badly in Martyr Mafia by acting incredibly scummy and by going after me because of my playstyle. You never adequately explained what was wrong with my playstyle, and you still haven't here, despite calling it "horribly anti-town". So no, I don't really think you're qualified to say anything about my playstyle, because you
have no idea what the hell you're talking about

But yes, thanks for backing up the fact that that's how I regularly play.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #905 (isolation #34) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Sarcastro »

petroleumjelly wrote:I certainly hope that was not an attempt to get Farside22 modkilled. Comments like this are completely pointless in-thread. Even
if
you are scum, you would have been better served sending a PM to Thesp. Regardless of alignment, this is bad form.
I wasn't saying it
was
PM-quoting, PJ, I just said that it felt like it. I don't want Farside to be modkilled and I don't think that she should be. If I actually felt that Farside had cheated, then yes, I would have PMed Thesp about it. I don't see anything wrong with what I said at all.
al_kohaulec wrote:I believe you are pushing your lynches too far, trying to ignore any responsibility for the lynch, and you don't sound like you have the town's interests in mind.
"Pushes lynches too far"? To where? To the point where the lynchee is lynched? Geez, I didn't realise that was too far for you, Alko.

Ignore responsibility for the lynch? Yeah, because clearly being the most vocal advocate of a lynch is the best way to avoid responsibility.

I don't have the town's interests in mind, eh? I suppose you must have some additional information about the set-up, then, because I was under the impression that trying to lynch scum was in the best interests of the town.

So, I'm scum because I am vocally making it clear that I want to lynch people who I think are scum. Wow, you're right, Alko, that's incredibly scummy.

And Farside, seriously, stop saying that I am the Jester. It so mind-bogglingly obviously
not true
that I'm wondering how you could possibly cling to it. Your reasons for thinking I am the Jester simply
do not make any sense
, and I wonder how you can
possibly believe
what you are saying.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #907 (isolation #35) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:23 am

Post by Sarcastro »

First of all, yes, I have made it clear why I think you're scum. If you want to ignore my reasons, that's not my problem.

None of what you describe is scummy, and even if it were, why do you think it would indicate that I'm the Jester rather than simply scum?

Your logic is completely disjointed. You've listed a bunch of exaggerations about my playstyle and then jumped to the conclusion that I'm acting scummy. Uh, what? I've made it clear that there is nothing particularly unique about the way I'm playing in this game. I'm always aggressive, I'm always arrogant, I always act more sure than I am. You seem to be ignoring all logic and insisting that I'm acting scummy just because... you want me to be? Because I'm attacking you? I don't really get it. You're not making much sense at all.

I don't care about what you think of how I play. But I do care if you're going to decide that your opinions about my playstyle somehow affect my role.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #921 (isolation #36) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

You know the funny bit, RW? The funny bit is that it always seems to be the people who, y'know, aren't very good at mafia who criticise my playstyle. I don't understand why I'm a distraction. It seems to me that the only people who are getting distracted are the people who are too stupid to realise that you don't have to take every single thing I say seriously. You're the one who just spent three posts not on, y'know, saying anything game relevant, but just criticising my play and saying that you hope the mafia kill me. Yeah, very productive, and not at all distracting. Don't you have better things to do? Like, say, find the scum? That's what I've been trying to do, and yet it somehow "distracts" you. What distracts you? The fact that I kept insisting Farside was scum? Well, yeah, that's because
I thought she was scum

Please don't blame me when you get yourselves all worked up because you don't like the way I phrase my suspicions or some bullshit. That doesn't change the fact that
I am contributing to the game and you are not
. You're sitting around insulting me for no reason just because, what, I defend myself against Farside's idiotic accusations too sarcastically? Boo-fucking-hoo. Grow up and play. You're the ones goddamn derailing the game by getting all worked up and whining. I don't give a shit if you don't like me - I don't like any of you very much, and yet I seem to get by just fine.

I wish I could point out how scummy it is that all of you are trying to focus on complaining about me instead of actually contributing, but sadly I know that it's not much of a scumtell, because you don't know any better. But here's a quick lesson for you: don't fucking whine about how you don't like someone's playstyle. Just play. Battle Mage used to annoy the hell out of me, and we got in some pretty big arguments, too. But we didn't derail entire games by talking about unrelated issues. If you want to criticise me for not providing enough evidence, fine (of course, ignoring the post where I summarise why I think Farside is scum probably isn't a good idea if you're going to do that), but don't bring entirely separate issues of playstyle in unless you're going to
explain why my playstyle makes me scum
. Given that I can show you plenty of game in which I act the same way as town, that's probably not a good strategy.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #937 (isolation #37) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Sarcastro »

tyhess wrote:It's distracting because you never post any relevant info other than "your scum!!!" and you don't back anything up.
Tyhess, you can keep on saying it, but that doesn't make it true. I made it very clear why I thought Farside was scum up until the whole picture thing. There was Pooky's original reason, there was what looked like a bussing attempt, there was the doctor claim (with no result until we asked for one), and there was the way she kept trying to throw suspicion onto someone else. There was also, of course, that general gut feeling I got while reading her posts, but I've learned that most people think for some reason that having a gut feeling about someone is scummy.

I've stated this before, Tyhess. And yet you just ignore me and keep saying that I don't have any reasoning. Yes, I do frequently make statements that people are scum without stating my reasoning, but almost always because I've already done so or because I will in the near future. Do you require me to summarise my reasons for voting for someone every time I say or imply that they're scum? I'm just trying to understand what's so distracting here.

I strongly disagree with "prioritising" me, because I'm quite obviously not scum. Monkey is clearly today's lynch.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #940 (isolation #38) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Sarcastro »

When did I scream at you? When did I imply that you're dumb for not going along with me? I mean, yeah, obviously I think you
should
go along with me, but I don't
expect
everyone to.

What's wrong with saying that I'm clearly not scum? I've refuted the rather illogical allegations against me, so I'm not really sure why anyone would consider me a legitimate lynchee.

And yes, I have a problem with you recruiting me, because it's
blatantly anti-town

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”