Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Monkey »

Just caught up in my other games, I'm off to read and then post in this one .. 13 pages may take a while.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by Monkey »

Mith in post 49 wrote: I would like all townies to say "I understand that the Jester should come out, but I am not the Jester".
I understand that the Jester should come out, but I am not the Jester

I don't think the CotC should recruit unless consulted with the rest of the town first.

Not even worth an fos for Iammars at this point, it seems that the town concludes it as being a slip.
RossWilliam wrote: And I would think of something very clever to acronymize BM into, but a wise old guru once told me don't feed the trolls.
I'm a nurse in RL and there's only one thing that comes to mind for me when I see those initials .. Had to make that known btw.

I'd really love to post a pbp analysis of this game, but I just don't think it's really worth the time. It's been stated over and over why it'd be a good idea for the jester to reveal him/herself and honestly if that person hasn't done it by now, I'd be surprised if they did reveal at this point.

I can't say that I would support the greasy spot wagon for any reason other then he stated to get him out of this hell hole .. It's ok to disagree with the majority I think, add flavour to a game.

I think that more players would be active if the topic wasn't revolved around primarily one issue, that being the jester. I will state for the record though that I agree for the jester to come out, but it's not like we can make him/her.

I'm find laughter in a lot of Battle Mage's post personally and haven't seen anything "scummy" from them. He's stated that he wasn't the jester, which is enough for me.

It's hard for all the players in this game (especially with the amount of players in it) to all agree on the same point. I don't label anyone scum for being anti-outing of the jester, especiallly when the've replied that they are not the jester.

Oh and Mith, I'd love to place a vote being that it's almost the end of the 1st week here but I don't have enough reasoning for that just yet (being my first post and all). At this point the only vote I'd place would be on Greasy Spot, but only due to his request.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Monkey »

Mod:

1: Can you update the fact that I've replaced Dark Ermac in this game.

2: I'm going to be away for the weekend, getting married tonight.

Players:

Will be back shortly to post something, although I've read up to this point and can't come up with a quick thought to write down. I'll spend some time reading.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Monkey »

mith wrote:Is getting married a scumtell?
Depends on who you marry .. in my case, I'd say no though :wink:

Alright, still don't really know what else I can add, so I guess I'll just say goodbye for now and I'll be back to post either sunday night/monday afternoon.

Thanks for the congrats guys.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Monkey »

This is me checking in .. Just got a prod from the mod.

I'm glad that Hasdgaf's posting restriction was addressed, kudos to PJ for doing a good job with that btw. I never assume anyone's alliance in a game, but Hasdgaf is surely lower on the scum-o-meter IMO. Let's see what happens tonight though.

Wish I could add more at this point in time, but RL has been keeping me busy and hopefully I'll be able to add more to the game in the coming week.

BTW, I had a longer/better post earlier, but I didn't copy before I posted and got stuck in suspension.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Monkey »

Greasy Spot wrote:I AM THE JESTER!!
You lied earlier, what makes you think you'll be believed now?

Vote: Greasy Spot
, b/c:
1. He lied
2. He requested it, and
3. I think that there's more then enough material that been covered here on the 1st day.

That places Greasy Spot at L-2 btw. Keeping him around for endgame just isn't very appealing to me atm, and if he really is the jester then that's one less party to compete for 1st place with.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Monkey »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:oh no not mith :cry:

oh the humanity

and jester claim now please, we can't lynch you.
Yeah, it's not like jester can't win now ...
Greasy Spot wrote:Bah...stards
You brought that on your self :P
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Monkey »

Holy wrote:
Monkey wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:I AM THE JESTER!!
You lied earlier, what makes you think you'll be believed now?

Vote: Greasy Spot
, b/c:
1. He lied
2. He requested it, and
3. I think that there's more then enough material that been covered here on the 1st day.

That places Greasy Spot at L-2 btw. Keeping him around for endgame just isn't very appealing to me atm, and if he really is the jester then that's one less party to compete for 1st place with.
His reason voting GS was overabundance IMHO, seems fake.
Vote: Monkey
What's fake about it? I didn't make any of that up.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Monkey »

Vote: Sarcastro
cause leaving a vote on someone when you're not even finished reading just seems to open a window for you to say later, Oh I didn't know that so and so was that close to a lynch.

To defend myself with my reasonings to vote greasy spot, I don't believe that's something out of the norm for myself to do. I like to make sure it's known why I'm voting for someone, and I'd still be getting pointed at today more then likely if I only used one reason I'm sure.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Monkey »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:He isn't close to lynch

what are you talking about..
For general purposes he seems to be reading, but acting as though he isn't. I don't think that Ross is close to a lynch necessarily, but he is our lead bandwagon for now.
Battle Mage wrote:Monkey, who do you think is most likely to be the Jester at this point?

BM
I can't say that anyone has struck me as of yet, and my vote isn't going to lynch him, I just want my vote there for the record for now. Yes I know that you believe that he's the jester Battle Mage, but I'm not in agreement with that belief just yet.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Monkey »

Battle Mage wrote:
Monkey, are you an alt?
if so, do you have a meta on Sarc?
Much as it is the case that few people like or respect him, it is also the case that he is a fairly good player, and certainly puts effort into these games.
I find it very hard to see him as scum atm, UNLESS he is bluffing Jester.

BM
Yes
Nope, never played with the guy or at least I don't recall.
What does being a good player have to do with my opinion on sarcastro's actions? I don't care if it was mith, I'd act much the same.
That's your opinion which you're entitled to, however it's not fact and I don't have to follow with your reasoning. We're all here trying to present a case, aren't we?
Sarcastro wrote:
But he's not close to a lynch. And what exactly are you saying? That a bunch of people will vote for RW soon, lynching him, and then it'll be
my fault
that he was lynched?
And then that I'll try to escape that responsibility by pointing out that I hadn't read the whole game yet? Yeah, because that makes perfect sense - I'll escape responsibility for something that wasn't my fault by explaining that I completely neglected my responsibility to
read the damn game
Oh yeah, and what does reading
Day One
have to do with knowing how close (or far, in this case) someone is from being lynched?

Seriously, think through what you're saying.
I don't think that'll be your fault the lynch goes through, I do think that you'll retract any attention towards you though that states you may be scum for being on the wagon. I'm confused how a player can make a vote on a player when they haven't even read the game yet ...

I don't know if you'd escape responsibility or not, but I think it's an easy defense that you could use.

It doesn't have anything to do with knowing how close someone is from being lynched. It's being lazy and not reading the
damn
game which is the point I was trying to raise to begin with. I don't find it pro-town like for a player to vote someone just for the hell of it, it's being lazy. You have time to read all of these new posts, yet you can't take the time to analyze the rest of the game?

And before you ask, yes I think that being lazy is scummy behavior, especially in your case by just following another player's vote just cause you can. I did not place my vote based on my worrying of RW being quick lynched, I'd just like to see some reasoning behind is all (personal preference), I mean we're not in day 1 anymore randomly voting people.
petroleumjelly wrote:I have noticed a trend (probably affected by experimenter's bias) that when an experienced player thanks another player for something run-of-the-mill (such as
playing mafia
), they are more likely to be scum.
Did you know that I was experienced before this post? Even with experience aside, it was just a compliment, what you consider to be just playing mafia may not be just playing mafia to others. I just was complimenting you on something that I felt I should've taken more notice to, but didn't. Not looking for forgiveness here, just stating my side of it.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #560 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Monkey »

Oh and Battle Mage, as someone once said on this site ...
why not let the votee take care of himself?
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #612 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Monkey »

EBWOP

Mod, could you please delete the prior post?

Prior post deleted to restore balance to the universe - only tag correction going on here. -Thesp

Sorry for the lack of posts, been working double time at work ..
Battle Mage wrote:An alt of who?
Nanookthewolf
Battlemage wrote:I'll give you a hint. If Sarcastro is a good player, and he is scum, do you really think he will intentionally act as scummy as possible, UNLESS he is trying to come across as the Jester?
Are you positive that he's TRYING to act as scummy as possible, and not just slipping. Good players make mistakes too.
Battle Mage wrote:
So you think he is just a really shite mafioso who wants to get lynched???
Dont give me that bull. If you think he is scum, at least come up with a credible motive for his play, instead of defensively disagreeing with everything i have said, as if its merely my opinion, and not basic fact. :x
1. Those are your words, not mine.

2. A credible motive for his play? I explained why I was voting for the guy, why do you continue to defend him? .. and for the record it is merely your opinion and not basic fact. You have not shown me one bit of objective material on Sarcastro, just subjective which is considered opinion.
Battle Mage wrote:I dont understand what you mean by that quote from MeMe. Please feel free to explain.
Actually Meme is the one who said it in the past, so feel free to ask Meme what she meant by it. On a serious note though, it just means that you are constantly answering for him, and I wouldn't mind hearing his logic behing what you call basic fact instead of hearing from you when you're not the person I'm "attacking".
Holy wrote:
Monkey wrote:I mean we're not in day 1 anymore randomly voting people.
Ehh, I really thought that we voted the scum on day 1 :roll: .
Yeah, so did I, the random voting was referred to the beginning of day 1 though btw.

Now in light of Tyhess's claim, and no counter as of yet .. I'm sticking with my vote for now.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #613 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Monkey »

Sorry for the lack of posts, been working double time at work ..
Battle Mage wrote:An alt of who?
Nanookthewolf
Battlemage wrote:I'll give you a hint. If Sarcastro is a good player, and he is scum, do you really think he will intentionally act as scummy as possible, UNLESS he is trying to come across as the Jester?
Are you positive that he's TRYING to act as scummy as possible, and not just slipping. Good players make mistakes too.
Battle Mage wrote:
So you think he is just a really shite mafioso who wants to get lynched???
Dont give me that bull. If you think he is scum, at least come up with a credible motive for his play, instead of defensively disagreeing with everything i have said, as if its merely my opinion, and not basic fact. :x
1. Those are your words, not mine.

2. A credible motive for his play? I explained why I was voting for the guy, why do you continue to defend him? .. and for the record it is merely your opinion and not basic fact. You have not shown me one bit of objective material on Sarcastro, just subjective which is considered opinion.
Battle Mage wrote:I dont understand what you mean by that quote from MeMe. Please feel free to explain.
Actually Meme is the one who said it in the past, so feel free to ask Meme what she meant by it. On a serious note though, it just means that you are constantly answering for him, and I wouldn't mind hearing his logic behing what you call basic fact instead of hearing from you when you're not the person I'm "attacking".
Holy wrote:
Monkey wrote:I mean we're not in day 1 anymore randomly voting people.
Ehh, I really thought that we voted the scum on day 1 :roll: .
Yeah, so did I, the random voting was referred to the beginning of day 1 though btw.

Now in light of Tyhess's claim, and no counter as of yet .. I'm sticking with my vote for now.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #624 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Monkey »

Sarcastro wrote:Anyway, I finally remembered to read the rest of the game. It was kind of a waste of time, really.
Unvote: Sarcastro
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #647 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Monkey »

petroleumjelly wrote:--> Monkey
A.)
Why did you unvote Sarcastro for "reading the game" when it is clear he has
not
read the game by having called you a "newbie"?
I'm pretty much over it at this point I think. I took a glance at a game or two of sarcastro's and noted that his behavior in them doesn't really differ from his behavior here. Let him believe that I'm a newbie if he likes.

I'm very confused as to why Tyhess would claim jester evern after his explanation of making a trap. It's only confusing because if another player did counter claim the role, then what would happen?
Fos: Tyhess
which I'm tempted to change to a vote depending on the response if given.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #709 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Monkey »

wolfcrier wrote:Well if you all feel that way can you please vote me so I can stop checking in to see that two people have the guts to vote me while no one else is willing to take action. It seems pretty anti-town for you all to stick with RW after all this and not vote me after SO much logic pj and hasdgfas (or however its spelled) has made against me.
Vote: Wolfcrier

Hallelujah and amen for days off, YAY!
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #778 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Monkey »

I'm not really understanding Pooky's plan so to speak .. meh.

I'll keep my vote on wolfcrier's replacement for now, it's been more then three hours.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #808 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Monkey »

hasdgfas wrote:where's JDGA?
still waiting

I'm keeping my vote where it's at for now, or at least until JDGA graces us with his prescence again.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”