Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by Zekromaster »

Still have to study these pages, probably gonna catch up somewhere near 20 PM (GMT+1), or at lunch time if I can get to a PC.

I read this en-passant, not like you read a Mafia Game, so I need to reread this, even if it's just some RVs and LoX and James reading each other.

For now, from what I've read, either LoX or James is scum, but James has some chance of just being used to another meta. As an occasional ToS and IRL player, there it's pretty common to massclaim even on D1, as the "day" phase lasts like 3 to 5 minutes, so you can't get some "serious" discussion on, and falseclaiming is made more difficult by the fact that you have less time to "organize" yourself.
I did the same error on my first game here (for some background: I had to replace out on IIRC D2, because IRL stuff happening, and after that I left the site for some time. I don't even consider that game in my site's "Mafia Experience" section), of reasoning like I was actually playing "IRL Mafia/ToS with longer messages".
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Zekromaster »

First of all, still don't have the time to write a detailed post (and I'm pretty slow at getting into mafia games, 6 pages for me still look like not enough information even though there's plenty). Real life is a pain in the back entrance.

Second of all,
James did something so scummy it looks towny
. Claiming on D1 looks so fake no sane scumplayer would do it, as to not look scummy.

Third of all, sorry for the misunderstanding about James's ToS experience. Thought he was talking about ToS game, not ToS Forum Mafia. (Also, not playing ToS since the last time I opened Steam, which is like 6 months ago - I checked after posting and yes, D1 lasts 15 seconds).

Asking questions, so that I have something to analyze when I can get on to it tomorrow (aside from the normal posts in the thread)
@ssbm_Kyouko: What reaction did you expect from your fake counterclaim?
@James3: Some non-meta reason for claiming D1 (especially since your result comes in N2, with an higher risk of being lynched before it comes in if people don't believe you, or being nightkilled by a timeshifted killing role N1 or a normal killing role N2)? Basically, explain your strategy like I'm 5.
@CommKnight: I can understand the reasoning behind you believing his claim is fake, but why do you think he'd have claimed D1? Basically, couldn't it be a town falseclaim (if it's good or bad play, it's not what we're discussing here)? Is there any reason that makes you think that he is specifically scum?
@Everyone: If you could daykill someone right now, who would it be? (Looks like a weird question, but it has its reasons).

Voting between tomorrow morning and tomorrow afternoon.

tl;dr: James is so scummy he may be town, asking some questions, everyone state someone he'd daykill right now because I have some weird method of getting information based on asking random questions to people
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Zekromaster »

I love when real life issues and long games mix. And with love I mean "hate".

Catching up then commenting tomorrow afternoon (GMT+1).
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Zekromaster »

Can we get some non-setting based, non-meta based reasons to vote for people? As in, could you please stop acting like "this wouldn't be balanced" or "that player usually plays like that" is a sufficient reason for someone to be scum (which isn't to say it doesn't mean that player is more easily scum, just that that alone doesn't make someone scum)? We're playing Timeshift Mafia, not Game Designing, Curriculum Reading Mafia.

Comm and Pep are both guilty of this, to an extent which makes me think at least one of them simply doesn't have any reason to actively search for scum based on this game. As in, one of them
is
scum.

Yes, I'm getting this really bad habit of looking at stuff in a vacuum (in this case, discussion between my last post and now) and getting reads based on that instead of basing them on "the big picture", but I'm trying to avoid it. Also, the result of this is still something to think about.

Forcing myself to look at "the big picture", one of the players I really can't read is James. He does things so scummy he can be either completely town or the worst scum in the history of Forum Mafia. SlySly's "kill me if you want" is mostly the same, but it has a more townish "feeling" to it, while still fluctuating between "Let's just let they vote for me, if I die it's still useful information" and "Maybe this will make them think I'm town".
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #616 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:35 am

Post by Zekromaster »

In post 611, Tywin Lannister wrote:I forgot a few:
Zekromaster tells everyone to stop guessing setup and meta and give him a case to sheep.
Zekromaster tells everyone to stop ONLY guessing setup and meta. Guess all we want, at the end of day phase we get a lynch, not some points based on how well we guessed the setup. So either we wait for something to happen from nothing, or we start playing Mafia and not just "guess the setup" (which means starting to guess who's scum based on things that aren't just confronting their claim with the setup and meta - they are helpful, but if they were sufficient to see who's scum, open setups would be automatic town win).

So, aside from talking about Zekromaster in third person, Zekromaster wants to point out this game is stalling. He's asking a single question hoping to get something to work on, either for him or for others:

@James3, CommKnight, AnyoneWhoClaimedOrWantsToClaim:
If you are really your role, why do you think claiming D1 is a good idea?
@James3: Yes, I know, meta. But either you're bad town or hiding behind meta, no one sane would ever claim TWO DAYS BEFORE HIS FIRST RESULT. Zekromaster would like some more practical and logical answer, as he thinks "meta" isn't the real reason behing that claim.

Anyone claiming this early in this kind of game looks scummy, as if they get enough people to believe them they get two days of sure survival. A real cop or rolecop claiming on D1 is basically nk-bait, especially since there are timeshifted roles making them risk to be killed for two nights before they even get their first result. Unless they're fakeclaiming scum and thus have nothing to fear, obviously.

Zekromaster is obviously still suspicious of Pep and Comm, but not seeing anything "new" from them (aside from an utterly useless post about how another post is an utterly useless post) or reactions to more recent posts means he doesn't want to take the risk of calling them scum yet.
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #625 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:54 am

Post by Zekromaster »

In post 624, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I'm not really seeing why that all can't be easily be faked but I do like the questions he's asked after a quick reread of his ISO. I only dislike one. What do you think about his vigilante question? Also, what do think about him not voting anyone currently and being one of the few people that has yet to vote?
I hoped to get some more answers, btw. I only got two, and one was basically "I'd kill a random inactive player" which isn't that useful.
Also, I know the questions aren't directed at me, but I wanna be completely transparent about myself - I just don't feel like there is someone I'd want to vote right now. I'm confident in my scum reads, but I'd still prefer to get my facts straight before saying "Hey, I want this one dead!".
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #629 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Zekromaster »

In post 627, Ramcius wrote:
In post 625, Zekromaster wrote:
In post 624, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I'm not really seeing why that all can't be easily be faked but I do like the questions he's asked after a quick reread of his ISO. I only dislike one. What do you think about his vigilante question? Also, what do think about him not voting anyone currently and being one of the few people that has yet to vote?
I hoped to get some more answers, btw. I only got two, and one was basically "I'd kill a random inactive player" which isn't that useful.
Also, I know the questions aren't directed at me, but I wanna be completely transparent about myself - I just don't feel like there is someone I'd want to vote right now. I'm confident in my scum reads, but I'd still prefer to get my facts straight before saying "Hey, I want this one dead!".
voting now isn't for lynching, but for pressure
Still, there's no one I want to pressure either. Pressuring someone through votes for me is "Hey, I
may
want this one dead, let's see how he reacts if I tell him I want him dead so I know if I want him dead!". Which I feel like doing only if I already have some strong suspects. Doing so may be wrong, but in that case, it will look pretty obvious when I'll see (if I'll see) that my current idea is inefficient.
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #636 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:33 am

Post by Zekromaster »

In post 631, James3 wrote:
In post 599, SlySly wrote:
In post 589, James3 wrote:he'll claim something important shortly before the day ends in order to try to cause a nolynch.
Way to burst my bubble. I was hoping to surprise everyone.
Claim. Now.
In post 616, Zekromaster wrote:@James3, CommKnight, AnyoneWhoClaimedOrWantsToClaim:
If you are really your role, why do you think claiming D1 is a good idea?
@James3: Yes, I know, meta. But either you're bad town or hiding behind meta, no one sane would ever claim TWO DAYS BEFORE HIS FIRST RESULT. Zekromaster would like some more practical and logical answer, as he thinks "meta" isn't the real reason behing that claim.
I always claim day one. You can check my references if you like. I do it because I find it to be a profitable game strategy, as it provokes all sorts of reactions that allow me to get reads on people.
I: "Don't answer with meta!"
James3: [Some more meta plus "it just works!"]
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #686 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:28 am

Post by Zekromaster »

Very fast post to say something I noticed while thinking about this game instead of studying this morning at school. KainTepes sent a coded message, that's why he was force replaced, right?

So, the only post from KainTepes is something that while being totally useless as town (as you don't have any chance to organize with someone to make them understand the code unless you've got some private chat with them) is "great" (well, if you don't count the risk of being forcibly replaced revealing to everyone yours was a secret code and thus showing your alignment) if you're Mafia.

So, Ramcius/KainTepes is a pretty scum slot. The single post from KainTepes looks like it's nothing (It's entire content was deleted, after all) but the sole fact that the post EXISTS makes the slot scum.

Tell me if there are flaws in my reasoning, or if someone already said that, as this is literally something that randomly came to my mind while I should've been studying hyperbolas.
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #869 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Zekromaster »

RL is an hassle.

V/LA til Monday

If I get some chance to post, I will, but to be sure...
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1053 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:19 am

Post by Zekromaster »

Can I get tl;dr?
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1328 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:28 am

Post by Zekromaster »

I may need to do some catchup, or I may start reading from now.

Probably do the second, if there's any post you deem important for any reason, or simply want me to read, tell me. Otherwise, I'm officially back from now.
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2086 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:33 am

Post by Zekromaster »

LoX were obvtown.
Jamex3, CommKnight, Tywin Lannister, what do you think about that? Explain what was your case.

Also, I'm not catching up. Too much stuff to read, I'll try to log in once every few hours to avoid that from now on.
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2232 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:39 am

Post by Zekromaster »

Trying to catch up but having an hard time understanding the game after skipping 20 pages, even if I try to log in every few hours (which I'm having an hard time doing).

I mostly scumread James3, so voting for him. Writing a more complete post (and becoming more active in the game) once I've solved some IRL problems. For now, you'll have a player who looks like bad town while he actually is even worse town.

VOTE: James3
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2684 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:17 pm

Post by Zekromaster »

I should start putting myself in V/LA on saturdays...

Btw, again, 10 pages to catch up. Doing it today. Sorry for not being active, really. It's just that it's a busy period, and I didn't expect it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”