Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #833 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:12 am

Post by Iammars »

Hello all. I'll be reading the thread now.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #838 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by Iammars »

Guys, this thread has a higher percentage of spam than rajrhcpfreak does. This is not good.
FOS: Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon Oman & pickem's replacement
They looked like the biggest contributors. Spam in a mafia thread is not good, and a mod should never have to post a rule like JDodge did. When a deadline is on, the discussion should be on who we're going to lynch, not on lynching butter.

However, they have to wait as we need to lynch Tar. Admitting to trying to act scummy is not good.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #841 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:That is a stupid scumtell, no joke there.
Why?
If performing an action would hurt someone trying to perform a town action, then the action is against the town. Agree?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #843 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:But does an anti-town action instantly mean scumz? Nope. Ur also very dum.
No, it doesn't instantly mean scum, but it does push the person who performs the action up on my scumdar.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #845 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by Iammars »

How is punishing people for performing actions that go against the town retarded?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #847 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:A lynch for spam is a retarded lynch. Therefore, you(and your scumdar) are retarded.
What is your reasoning for lynching for spam being a retarded lynch?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #849 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Iammars »

Spam makes it harder for people to go back and reread the thread/replacements to come in and get active quickly. This is an important part of forum mafia, going back and reading what other people said. Spam adds useless posts that break the flow of reading the thread, making it harder for people to read the thread.

Also, pertaining more to the now, spam posts break the momentum of the conversation that's currently happening, stopping the town from getting good discussion.

Why spam is bad is short form:
Discussion = good
Spam = breaks/stops discussion
Stopping a good action = bad
Spam = Stopping a good action
Spam = bad
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #851 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Or you could not fail at reading as much, because clearly you are. A good reader can easily bypass spam in a thread, you obviously did not. Head out of ass now please. Having your head up your ass is terribly anti-town. Please become less anti-town.

Also, nice set of 'equations' there, but you still missed where Spam = Scum, sorry.

I have an idea, lets wagon me up and lynch me. I'm completely serious here. Lynch me so Mars here will feel like a total dumbass.
Flameaxe, most people cannot determine spam until they start to read the post, unless of course one skips every post a person makes, which is really unfair to the person in question, as everyone makes contributions, just different people in different amounts.

And Spam != Scum, but Spam = Bad, and Bad = Higher on the Scumdar.

I'm not opposed to lynching you, and whether you are scum or not, I won't feel bad about it. Your posts in this game have not been helping to the town, and you show no sign of switching up. Even this debate that I've been having with you has made you post minimal content.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #853 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by Iammars »

Yeah, it is. I'm trying to make statements and prove them. You're just performing actions that hurt the town, and when forced you're forced to contribute, you make minimalistic responses. I'm not saying that every post of yours has to be long, that would be hypocritical. But the occasional long post would be nice.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #857 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by Iammars »

Bookitty wrote:but this attitude of cavalier lynching regardless of alignment is just flat wrong.
If someone is performing anti-town behavior, and won't stop, then it is necessary to lynch them to get them to stop. I'm a full believer in policy lynches to get people to stop willingly doing anti-town behavior as a town member.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #859 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Go ahead, I won't stop because silly little Mars has a policy against it.
Okay, then I hope that you understand that I'll attempt to get you lynched in every game you do it in.

Seriously though, performing saying that you won't stop performing anti-town behavior is a bad thing.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #862 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by Iammars »

I'm not saying that you don't have a reason for what you're doing. I'm just saying that it's a bad reason, whether you seem to think so or not.

And yes, I do need to complain about spam. Spam detracts from the game. I came here to play mafia, not hijack the thread.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #864 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Then actually scumhunt please. I have seen absolutely nothing of the sort so far. You have done exactly what your predecessor has done: Complain and pressure those who committed the act of spamming, and then go with the crowd on Tar. I really like my vote, if you can't tell.
What do you think I've been doing the last 10 posts? I've been trying, and succeeding, to prove that you're not helping the town. That's the first step to scumhunting.
Flameaxe wrote:Who the fuck are you to tell me my reason is a bad one, when you don't even know the reason in the first place? The way I play and scumhunt is different than yours, deal with it. I don't play the norm. Who the fuck cares? (You, clearly...)
You're absolutely right, I don't know your reason. From what I've seen of you and other games I've encountered you in, I can give a fair guess though. I understand you don't play the norm, but there's a difference between not playing the norm and playing in a way that hurts the town.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #868 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Its funny being told I'm not scumhunting from one who has done nothing of the sort.
So I make a point, and you say "Nuh-uh!" I expect that from the 7th graders I tutor, not from the mafia players I play with.
Flameaxe wrote:I'm not hurting the town at all, I'm arguing against your retarded scumtells that result in little or no actual scumhunting. Going after someone who spams is like going after someone who is lurking. Easy targets. How about some more opinions.
Right now, you are helping the town because you are arguing against me to prove that you're town. That's helping the town. I'm not arguing as much on what you're doing now as what you were doing before I replaced.

Comparing going after someone who is lurking and going after someone is spamming isn't a good comparison. No one really intends to lynch lurkers, just put some pressure on them so that they start talking. On the other hand, there are people (myself included) that actually do intend to lynch spammers because it detracts and distracts from the game.

And you were talking about me and DGB doing the same thing. If two well established mafia players are doing the same thing, then there must be something about it that's right.

Despite the fact I just spent 4 paragraphs trying to prove you wrong, I would like to thank you for posting more than one line in response to my arguments.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #869 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Also, if you think I am hurting the town so much, why not just vote me already? I know you already know I am town because I'm not your scumbuddy, but just come on and commit a little!
Because I think that Tar is scummier than you. You're tied for second on my list ATM. There are things more scummy than spamming, but after Tar and you + the other spammers, there isn't much else that I saw that was scummy. However, if it comes down to lynching the spammers, here's my order:
Flameaxe
UltimaAvalon
pickem's replacement
Oman
How was the order decided? Gut mainly, plus who is more likely to contribute positively in the future.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #873 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Except going after spammers ISN'T the right thing to do, especially because you haven't commented on anyone else, or even those spammers and what they've done beyond that. I really hope you aren't planning on pushing a lynch just based on spam. I will say that spam can contribute to someone being scummy, but that alone just doesn't work. (Yes, if you can't tell, this is a paragraph asking for a bit more analysis on the rest of the players. You haven't really touched on many people since you joined, much like DGB.)
In most games, you're right. Pushing a lynch based on spam usually is a bad idea and won't go through. However, this game has been
defined
by spam. When the moderator has to add a rule to the game's rule set in the middle of the game telling you to stop spamming, there's something seriously wrong.
Flameaxe wrote:PS. My post and your reading of it ("Nuh-uh") simply doesn't work. Sorry for hurting your feelings with a good dose of liquid truth (now in black raspberry flavour!).

Oh what I meant to say way: "So I make a point back, and you say "You are so immature, lets try to grow up here!" Very smooth. I expect that from...well, I did expect it from you.
So I spend part of the previous post saying that I am scumhunting, and you posting right afterwards that I wasn't scumhunting without posting why my argument was wrong isn't saying "Nuh-uh"?
And I see no problem with my response.
Flameaxe wrote:In closing, this is a game. I know that I personally play a game because it is (what people usually refer to as) "fun". Some people (like myself at the time of the 'incident') find spamming such as what occurred to be fun.

To close my closing, try to have some fun. But before doing that, you should watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqhfLTsEeZg
I play the game for fun too. (and for other reasons, but that's a story for my college application essay) I'm glad you find spamming fun. However spamming hurts the mafia game because it makes it not fun for everyone else. I'm glad you feel like making the rest of the town have less fun so you can have more fun. That's great for you, but the rest of us is kinda pissed about it,
including the mod

And as for your "SPAM" post, that was completely unnecessary and shouldn't have been posted in the first place, and detracts from the argument in the first place.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #874 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:So...you have absolutely NOTHING to comment on beyond people spamming and that Tar is scummy (thats the end of that comment)? 35 pages and NOTHING AT ALL? Reaaaaly? Now I know why I'm at the top here. I know all!
No, I've got more to comment, but you happen to be on now so being able to get a whole bunch of posts with argument with one of the players I consider scummy is a good thing. If UltimaAvalon was on I would be arguing with him right now.

However, I did find less people scummy in this game than I normally do. We don't have 35 pages of content, just 35 pages of posts. I think you underestimate how annoying and detracting spam can be, especially for someone who doesn't like their spam and their mafia mixed.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #881 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:04 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:
And as for your "SPAM" post, that was completely unnecessary and shouldn't have been posted in the first place, and detracts from the argument in the first place.
It was completely necessary, and I would totally do it again. Only problem, I respect the mod of this game and wouldn't do it because he is the mod.
This is the first time I have dealt with you in a game and have seen you have respect for someone.
Flameaxe wrote:
In most games, you're right. Pushing a lynch based on spam usually is a bad idea and won't go through. However, this game has been defined by spam. When the moderator has to add a rule to the game's rule set in the middle of the game telling you to stop spamming, there's something seriously wrong.
Defined by spam, yes. This is true, BUT its not all spam. I am growing weary of your constant "Oh there was other stuff, but lets keep our eye on the spammers" argument.
No, I've got more to comment, but you happen to be on now so being able to get a whole bunch of posts with argument with one of the players I consider scummy is a good thing. If UltimaAvalon was on I would be arguing with him right now.
A) What does me being on have anything to do with you commenting on other players in the game? You don't need someone to be there alongside you to make sure you don't fall off your bike (with obvious training-wheels) to comment on a player.
B) UA is yet another one on your 'spammer' list. Lets keep moving away from all of those 'non-spammers'! I agree entirely!
However, I did find less people scummy in this game than I normally do. We don't have 35 pages of content, just 35 pages of posts. I think you underestimate how annoying and detracting spam can be, especially for someone who doesn't like their spam and their mafia mixed.
Hmm...you find players (omit: Spammers/Tar) scummy in this game? Even only a little? I HAD NO IDEA! YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T BOTHERED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. Yes, there is spam, but spam is not, IS NOT, an excuse to get by without commenting on players that aren't easy targets or leading wagons.
A) You being on means that the two of us can do a lot of arguing in a short amount of time, providing a nice block of information that the town can analyze, which this game hasn't had in a while.
B) I don't understand what you're trying to say in your 'B' point.
C) I don't think you understand what I'm trying to do. I'm focusing on you right now because you're one of the biggest people that sticks out in my mind as scum and we can get a lot of game-related text out quickly, giving the game a nice jump start, which it needed ever since it bogged down in spam. Unfortunately, tonight's debate is coming to an end as I need to get to bed, but a lot was put out today, which was good. Will I argue against other people? Yeah. But I can't get a lot of information out right now by attacking UltimaAvalon.
Flameaxe wrote:I don't know about you, but I don't like my mafia mixed with constant excuses and attempts to slip-by. Spam wouldn't bother me in a re-read, I don't find it annoying at all. I see people having fun the way they choose. I suggest you actually try and focus on a re-read, who knows what you might find in between those spam posts.
I like my mafia filled with constant excuses and slip-by. It makes it easier to find the mafia. :D
But seriously, I understand that you don't find spam annoying, but that's due to the fact that you're the one who posted it. But, if it wasn't annoying in general, then why would the mod tell you to stop?
I find it insulting that you consider it a deficiency on my part that I can't just weed out the spam posts before I even see them. Just because you love spam and are one with spam doesn't mean that the rest of us are.
Also, since you consider the ability to read a forum thread with spam an essential tool for any mafia player, I shall give you other reasons why spam is bad that I decided to gloss over in earlier posts due to time. However, that will be tomorrow, as I need to sleep now. Good night Flameaxe.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #885 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:18 am

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:B was stating that you are completely tunnel visioned towards the spammers, and were, and still are, nearly ignoring every other player thus far. This bothers me with every additional post you ignore it.

I'm not asking you to attack anyone, I'm asking you to post some actual opinions, not just 'oh they spammed, so they need pressure'. That is what you are continually doing in this game. Why is that so hard to comprehend?
I know I am attacking you and only you in this game. I have also been in the game for the total of two days, and most of the game since I've been in has been me and you attacking each other. And besides, you're coming up scummier and scummier with your posts, as right now all you're doing is either diminishing my attacks or refuting them with no proof. Either your the cop with a guilty investigation on me (I know that's wrong) or you're using bad logic, a sign of scum. I'm finding you scummier and scummier by the post, albeit for different reasons than the ones I started out with.

Flameaxe wrote:JDodge has gained my respect over the course of games I've played with him. And your comment came from one other game, which I didn't have respect for most of the players, including yourself (which I still have zero). Even better, that game is still ongoing! Woo!
Someone should have your respect as a person no matter who they are. Earning respect as a player is a different thing, but you should have the decency to treat someone as a human being should be treated no matter who they are. The same theme is showing up anytime I see you.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #893 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by Iammars »

Okay, so I have comments on the posts in the first 300 posts that I consider the most important. That means I'm a little less than halfway through the thread. I wouldn't expect to see it for a while though, as I would prefer to post my whole analysis at one point, and I'm V/LA this weekend.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #909 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:12 am

Post by Iammars »

FaerieLord wrote:I'll be honest. I skipped the whole debacle between Iammars and Flameaxe. It's childish to say the least. You'll never agree, deal with it. You're both stubborn.
Skipping about a page's worth of posts? The argument changed a couple times during that time, and some important slip ups happened. Ignoring a whole page of game related posts is not good.

FOS: FaerieLord

And I'm at post 525 with my reread/analysis. Not sure when I'll be done, but hopefully soon.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #972 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Iammars »

Just curious, is the only case on FL the fact that she wanted to skip over the whole argument between me and Flameaxe?
I mean, that's not a good thing, but I'm pretty sure that's the only argument against him. That deserves as FOS, but not necessarily a vote.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #973 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Iammars »

Oh, and I think Tar thought that he was investigated by the cop, and thus the reason for his bandwagon.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1067 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Iammars »

Crap. I was wondering where the bandwagon on Xpom came from, then after reading Bookitty;s post, I realized that Xpom is the replacement of Faerie Lord.

FOS: Xpom
for FL's comment yesterday about not reading Flameaxe and my argument. That will upgrade to a vote depending on the claim.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1108 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Iammars »

Phate wrote:I mean, COME ON. All Xpom has done is display typical newbie behaviour - someone decided it would be fun to fuck with the new guy and tell him that you don't have to reread threads you replace into. He mentioned that, and BOOM! L-2. This looks way too much like a newbietown lynch, and we should not be lynching off the newbies for being newbies, let alone on D3. FaerieLord was admittedly scummy, and I don't have a problem with BooKitty's vote, but all of the last four speedvotes were scummy, especially Gorrad's and Cow's.
Sure, that maybe all of what Xpom did, but I'm voting because of what FL did.
Skruffs wrote:I enjoy that you are berating me for not piecing it together, when as far as I can tell, you have not had more than one sentence in any of your posts. And the only post you were adament/put effort into making was the first post of the day.
So, you're attacking Flameaxe for being himself?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1123 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Iammars »

JDodge wrote:
Vote Count
:

Xpom Telo - 6 (Oman, Bookitty, Lowell, Gorrad, hasdgfas, curiouskarmadog)
Gorrad - 2 (Phate, UltimaAvalon)
UltimaAvalon - 1 (Mastermind of Sin)
Phate - 1 (Flameaxe)
Flameaxe - 1 (Skruffs)

Not voting (5): stark, Sir Tornado, Iammars, DragonsofSummer, Xpom Telo

Nine to lynch, five to lynch at deadline (in 132 hours).
Really? I'm not voting Xpom?

Vote: Xpom Telo
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1151 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Iammars »

Skruffs wrote:So let me get this straight... the VIG has killed the jailkeeper AND the super backup...
Uh... Unless I'm reading the kill methods wrong, didn't the mafia kill the jialkeeper and the super backup? The vig only killed the cop.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1157 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Iammars »

Lowell wrote:There are still 13 people left. Chill out.

To review: you are upset that I've ignored the three days of analysis when I cast my vote. Your solution: ignore three days of analysis to cast your vote on me. Good plan.
FOS: Lowell

If you do something scummy, you deserve at least some suspicion unless you're a confirmed townie.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1174 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Iammars »

Oman wrote:No, I wasn't. I was looking for anyone to respond to it.

I didn't bother to look at the first page. "Never suggest malice when sheer laziness will suffice"
Despite the fact that this doesn't rhyme, I hate the idea of necessarily letting people hide behind the excuse of laziness.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1205 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Iammars »

I'm pretty sure that Lowell is scum, but I'm going to wait a little bit to vote for him, unless other people wish for me not to wait.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1216 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Iammars »

I am completely against claiming prophecies, as not only is it against the spirit of the game, but then the mod has the right to screw with us as much as we want.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1240 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Iammars »

I very much doubt unless we get a case on some one before deadline that we will wind up lynching Lowell.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”