soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:14 am

Post by soupfly »

page five and the game hasn't even started yet. pity the fool who replaces into this game and has to wade through pages of BM taunting to get a glimpse of some content.

i would think that spamming is not a bad scum tactic
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:28 pm

Post by soupfly »

YagamiLight wrote:
IH wrote:
Soupfly wrote:page five and the game hasn't even started yet. pity the fool who replaces into this game and has to wade through pages of BM taunting to get a glimpse of some content.

i would think that spamming is not a bad scum tactic
unvote, vote:Soupfly

lynch Mari later, this guy's scum.
You want to lynch him for wanting the game to get out of the random stage?
Unvote, Vote IH
So IH thinks pointless spamming is good for catching scum? Let the game begin:
vote: IH
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:49 pm

Post by soupfly »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I think we should claim what items we have. I don't know what being a mayor does, but I don't think that the sucm should become mayors. Yea, I know that there are plenty of arguments to be made for not claiming our items, so go ahead and make them. Just don't expect me to respond or argue against them, because I've thought of them already. I just think that things would become a lot more fun and interesting if we claimed our items, and I'm sure something could would come out of it.
It does make sense to claim because town cannot pass items to each other. If we claim then we essentially force scum to not pass items to each other without risking that they give away their alignment. Of course scum could lie about what items they have but given that we know what stores there are we could probably figure it out. Does this make sense or am I misinterpreting the game rules?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:50 pm

Post by soupfly »

and i almost forgot:

unvote: mole

vote: KScope
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by soupfly »

Blight wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:Holy wagonshifts batman!
don't panic. your buddy K-Scope is still 8 from a lynch. :roll:
Sorry. I don't like that statement. It set off all sorts of alarm bells.

Unvote, Vote: BM

Also, what's the point of sharing what items we have? We don't know what any of the items do.

I know there are some people that receive bonuses from certain items, but I can only see that helping scum because they can see who has what and then kill whomever they need to to pick up a certain item. I don't see it helping town at all.
if we claim it limits the ability of scum to pass items to each other at night. now is the time to do it before they can organize themselves to combat it.

there is no downside to the town.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:52 am

Post by soupfly »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I think we should just claim what items we have right now.
you think items is enough?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:55 pm

Post by soupfly »

very suspicious K-Scope.

i'll claim:

D1 Item Activity:

Dropped: Staples
Picked Up: Cloth

Current Inventory: Cloth
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:04 am

Post by soupfly »

Mariyta wrote:
soupfly wrote:very suspicious K-Scope.

i'll claim:

D1 Item Activity:

Dropped: Staples
Picked Up: Cloth

Current Inventory: Cloth
Now pick someone to go next. :P
Mariyta claim

use same format please
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:06 am

Post by soupfly »

okay, i'm back. got married. surprised that i wasn't replaced. will read through asap.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:11 pm

Post by soupfly »

Aimee wrote:I'm not going to vote for Kilroy until the others have claimed their items. After that, however, I may do.
can't say i've had time to read the entire thread since my departure. but i agree with aimee that everyone should claim before we lynch.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:32 am

Post by soupfly »

sucks that everyone hasn't claimed yet...need to move on with the game.

unvote kscope,

vote: roland

claim already!
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:45 am

Post by soupfly »

now that roland is replaced
unvote: roland

with deadline approaching:

vote: kilroy

"don't believe his lies" --> famous movie quote

i
do
however believe that makes 12 votes on kilroy so be careful with further votes...
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:14 am

Post by soupfly »

let's mix things up a bit.

we need to do something to mix things up a bit. right now i can't say i have a real read on anybody. i just don't have a full day to reread 42 pages and i can't say i remember alot of what i once read.

any brilliant ideas? the item claim obviously didn't work...
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:46 am

Post by soupfly »

I don't believe BM is necessarily scum but rather an easy target because he's BM. I view those pushing hard for his lynch with great suspicion.

vote: ibaesha
--> call it a gut feeling
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:31 am

Post by soupfly »

ibaesha wrote:Oh that's interesting, you are suspicious of people pushing for his lynch, but vote me (someone not voting him at all) based on a 'gut feeling'. Not to mention, your own participation in this game has been far less than stellar.
u got something against my gut?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:45 am

Post by soupfly »

btw, is battlemage officially the worst mafia player ever? maybe he enjoys the attention but if his intention is to get people to notice him then streaking a soccer match would probably be more interesting. i can buy into different people's play styles but BM just screams "hey, look at me".
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:15 pm

Post by soupfly »

ibaesha wrote:
soupfly wrote:u got something against my gut
Other than it being wrong, eh.. *shrug*

The problem is that you express 'great suspicion' of people on BM's wagon, but vote someone who is -not- on that wagon. It's contradictory.
what's wrong with that? i never said they were the only suspicious ones. and why do you care so much about one "gut" vote?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:21 am

Post by soupfly »

farside22 wrote:I feel like I'm listening to squabbling children.

Soupfly: You are not making any sense. You say you are voting for ibaesha for bandwangon on BM, but she is not voting for BM. Your comment and vote is more questionable then BM is making Kintetic out to be.
soupfly wrote:
ibaesha wrote:Oh that's interesting, you are suspicious of people pushing for his lynch, but vote me (someone not voting him at all) based on a 'gut feeling'. Not to mention, your own participation in this game has been far less than stellar.
u got something against my gut?
sorry i missed this post. i never said i'm voting ibaesha for being on the BM wagon. they're two seperate things. 1) i'm suspicious of the BM wagon cause its an easy lynch. 2) my gut tells me ibaesha is scum --> note i didn't give any reasoning yet as to why i think this is so.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by soupfly »

most of you been playing this game longer than i have so i'm guessing you can figure out why somebody would not want to divulge the reason for their suspicion up front...especially when its not a situation where a lynch is in the balance.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:38 am

Post by soupfly »

here!
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1271 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:53 pm

Post by soupfly »

Kinetic wrote:O, BTW,

I've activated one of my abilities.

I'm currently immune to NKs.

Suck it Mafia.
and how does this post help the town? if anything you should keep that info under wraps and try to draw a NK to yourself so that you can block it.

something's fishy about this claim.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:12 am

Post by soupfly »

maybe i'm missing something but do we know if any of the people that have died are scum?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:04 am

Post by soupfly »

Andycyca wrote:Have you read the journals lately?
Mariyta wrote:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:
The Freaktown Sun-Times

Mafia enjoys the town’s inability to find a single Mafia member

After some brief detective-ness, town detective people have confirmed that neither MoS or Battle Mage were part of the Freaktown mafia. It would seem as if the mafia is still slipping by unnoticed in Freaktown, and are currently relaxing as they are becoming closer to a majority in the town.
i'm referring to the fact that six people just got modkilled and none of them are listed as mafia. have we really not gotten any scum yet?

i think we need a popcorn claim on what store everybody runs (and what store items you started with). we're bound to run into a conflict at some point because the items from those stores are now out in the open. you can't just make up a store name because there won't be any relevant items around from your store. also, we can pretty much figure out what items were associated with the dead people so far.
rajrhcpfreak wrote:
The Freaktown Enquirer

Erika’s store, Papa Johns, a Cult Hideout?

An unrevealed source has accused the local Papa John's of being a cult hideout. Erika, the store's owner, has vehemently denied these accusations, claiming, "That person probably wanted me to use an expired coupon or something. There's no evidence that a cult hangs out here at all!"

Mafia Courier-Journal

Mafia seen celebrating at Distillery

Over the past night, reporters saw some of the members of the mafia celebrating their continued success at the distillery, drinking a pint (or two). It is said that the owner of the distillery was also present at the festivities. The identities of the others present are still unknown.
based on this, scum won't be able to claim papa john's or any sort of alcoholic beverage store. that means they'll have to adopt an active player's store type based on what items have been dropped and what stores they refer to. when conflicts arise we'll narrow down the scum choices.

claim will work as follows. i start and then pick the next person to claim after me. then repeat until we finish. each person should claim their store and the items that the store began with.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by soupfly »

Andycyca wrote:And who's in favor of YET ANOTHER CLAIM?
this one
makes sense because of the newspaper clippings
which clearly tell us who is scum. before, people could have safely just told us their real stores because there's no reason to be suspicious of Papa John's for instance. Now they have to claim a different store but the problem is that they'll also have to account for the 5 items each store started out with.

but thanks for showing us that you're not in favor of such a plan when it clearly benefits the town and is far easier to pull off.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (isolation #28) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:34 am

Post by soupfly »

since there are still so many scum alive i'm not surprised by the negative reaction some of you had to my store claim idea. at this point i don't really care what some of you think because you're probably scum. the idea is sound and makes sense:
1) we can eliminate the stores of the people we know are already dead
2) the remaining people will have to claim the remaining stores.
3) some of the stores we know to be scum stores (reread if you don't know which)
4) scum will be forced to adopt claims of town stores to not be associated with scum stores.
5) this will cause conflicts (townies and scum claiming the same store) and will narrow down our list of scums.

its that simple so i'm not buying the fact that some people don't see the need for this.

i will begin.

claim: Ace Hardware Store
items: 1=Nails, 2=Bolts, 3=Cement, 4=Thread, 5=Staple

next person to claim should be: Andycyca

if you're town you have nothing to lose by doing this but scum will certainly protest...spare us and just claim...or die.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1325 (isolation #29) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Post by soupfly »

if we want to not list the store items then fine. we can call for that if there is conflict. but the store claim is harmless by itself and should continue.

@kinetic: i don't blame you for characterizing my play as you did above, but i'm not usually so belligerent in my games as i was in the previous game we played. in that particular game that other player was really pissing me off. for this game, i'm not thrilled about the discussion on the stores because of how many scum are out there in comparison to townies. it would be very easy to sway the discussion against a protown action. however, that doesn't mean that i'm not open to discussion such as your point about stealing items. if anybody has objections to a store claim and can refute the points i've made about the benefits to the town (i.e.- "would cause more confusion") or the harm to town then i'm all ears.

as far as what the mafia stores are:

Mafia’s control includes half the town.

The mafia has infiltrated many of the town's local businesses. These include
AOL, FYE, and Gamestop
to corrupt the town's mind with thoughts of violence! With the Mafia's control growing daily, it may already be too late!

Erika’s store, Papa Johns, a Cult Hideout?

An unrevealed source has accused the local
Papa John's
of being a cult hideout. Erika, the store's owner, has vehemently denied these accusations, claiming, "That person probably wanted me to use an expired coupon or something. There's no evidence that a cult hangs out here at all!"

Mafia seen celebrating at Distillery

Over the past night, reporters saw some of the members of the mafia celebrating their continued success at the
distillery
, drinking a pint (or two). It is said that the owner of the distillery was also present at the festivities. The identities of the others present are still unknown.

there are 16 stores left and 5 are known to be scum stores. this means that scum cannot claim these five stores and must claim the store of some townie. when we finish the claim that should put 5 scum in direct conflict with townies whose stores they've claimed.

@andycya: can you tell us the name of your store and then designate another player to claim next.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1326 (isolation #30) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by soupfly »

soupfly wrote: if anybody has objections to a store claim and can refute the points i've made about the benefits to the town (i.e.- "would cause more confusion") or the harm to town then i'm all ears.
this phrase in my last post is confusing. what i meant to say is that if people have valid concerns beyond the typical "this would cause confusion" or "i don't see the benefits" complaints we've heard so far. while kinetic's point about the stealing of items did seem a bit alarmist, i think its valid. i don't mind not claiming the store items, just the store itself.

otherwise the claim should go on with just store name.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (isolation #31) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:55 am

Post by soupfly »

Tarhalindur wrote:Reason #1: Soupfly, who has just proven that I had very good cause to ask him for his reasoning. I asked him to elaborate on why he thought certain stores were scum because
the only references to scum stores among living players that I could find came from the Mafia Courier-Journal, aka the completely unreliable scum-written newspaper
, and Soupfly just confirmed that the Courier-Journal was, in fact, the source for all but one of his claimed scum stores. You then claim that it is a known fact that these stores belong to scum. Considering the source, I call bullshit.
you don't know that the courier journal is not reliable.
so far none of the claimed mafia stores have been revealed
so it stands to reason that they may be truthful. i admit that there's a chance that i could be wrong but its as good a plan as any i've seen and the benefits greatly outweigh the risks. besides, there's hardly any down side to claiming for town.

bah, i have a feeling that all the townies could care less about this game and only scum are still playing. scum are going to delay or fight this claim until the deadline and we're probably already getting close to losing. everyone should just claim now regardless of whether its your turn or not. just claim your store name...that's it.

there's so many scum out there to choose from, but i guess you're the most obvious.
vote: tarhalindur
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (isolation #32) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:27 am

Post by soupfly »

Kinetic wrote:
The Mafia Courier-Journal (Created by Mafia spin doctors to encourage the dark side with cryptic messages to confuse everyone).
I was willing to wait until you responded soup, mainly to guage your reaction and see if you had a response to Tar. Not only did you not have a response, you also encouraged the town to just act reckless, despite some VERY valid points that Tar brought up.

I'm sorry, at this time, I'm with Tar, which bothers me a little bit because I'm not so sure about his alignment either.

However, I'm less sure of yours at this point.

Unvote; Vote Soupfly
missed the part you quoted above. i guess i stand corrected.

you're right kinetic, i have been hasty. however, this deadline that looms over us doesn't really leave much room for proper discussion.

as far as tar, he makes a valid point about why we shouldn't rely on the newspaper clippings for info about the stores' owners. however his reasoning about why a claim would be harmful to the town is far less convining. where i stand, there's not much risk for me as a townie in claiming my store. so my vote stands.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by soupfly »

i call bullshit on the crap logic being used to characterize the store claim as pro-scum. scum can NK 1 townie which would yield some items but townies have just as good a chance of getting them as do scum do. besides, most of the store items have already been dropped so i'm not even sure it would be that fruitful for scum even if they could guarantee that they get the drops. i already have 4/5 items just by scanning the stuff that has been dropped so i can't imagine that getting items would be all that much of an incentive for all the remaining scum.

in any case, if/when i do get lynched feel free to look at those using craplogic to justify their votes for me.
i am sofa king!
stupid...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”