DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #421 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:41 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

bubka wrote:Sorry I have been off for a long time. Guess I've messed up on this game already - have too much to catch up. :(
But don't lynch me guys! I'm basically a good person at heart. Honest!
Appeal to emotion, lack of claim, admission of messing up, absence of cogent self-preserving argument? There is only one day and seventeen pages, that's hardly a mountain of catching up. Too much to catch up? That's a very lame excuse.

I haven't read the game, so I am not voting for you yet, but your reaction is not what I would expect a townie to display.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #422 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:03 am

bubka wrote:nice to hear this game is still in the infancy, for
it gives me a lot of time to read up and catch on.
Page 13, Oct 18. Bold mine. Bubka already invokes "catching up."

On October 19, annouces a THREE DAY vacation. Vanishes for NINE DAYS. Upon his return, finds himself at -2, does not claim.

Frequently berates other players for laziness, a sin he himself is most guilty of.

vote: Bubka
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #424 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:23 am

I am replacing xyzzy.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #438 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:29 pm

Usually, at the end of Day 1, someone gets lynched.

When that player is a lynch -1, he should claim. We'll find out his role soon enough anyway. The reactions to the claim are further useful information.

I don't get this discussion about not claiming on Day 1.

Bubka in particular has been so useless, it's the least he can do.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #443 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:17 am

What if his claim is correct? This argument is silly.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #466 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:09 am

Hammer already. He's not showing up here. He's given up. He's playing chess in the chess forum with mith. He's scum, he's been caught, he vanished.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #476 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:17 am

bubka wrote:No don't! I am just in time to stop the hammer.
The kid did go home taking the ball, but couldn't resist the urge to come out on the balcony. :D
And this is the best you can come up with to stop the hammer? Obviously you are not taking the game seriously. It's a game, yes, but it's more fun if you actually play it. You're not playing, you've stop playing. Scum caught in the headlights.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #488 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:17 pm

unvote
No counterclaim, I must believe.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #553 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:28 am

I can't believe Flameaxe is still alive.

unvote, vote: Flameaxe

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #561 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:19 pm

Dayvig the next guy who votes for lard, vegetable shorterning, or other dietary fat that is solid at room temperature

I will consider to be innocent, for the remainder of the game, anyone that votes for Flameaxe today - or votes for any of the lard-voting thread hijackers.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #563 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Flameaxe wrote:Right...because I'm CLEARLY scum for voting my spread-on-bread-and-dip-in-pasta scumbuddy, right?
You said it, not me ;-)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #573 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:27 am

Mert wrote:I only did it because I want DrippingGoofball to love me :oops:
It's the Santa suit avatar effect.
Mert wrote:Well, that's not
entirely
true. It's also because he's derailing the game when he has already been warned by the mod that doing so will forfeit any extension to the deadline and has repeatedly ensured that we go off-topic long enough to not find a credible alternative suspect. Something about it all doesn't add up - there's larking about (which I accept, he may be doing) and then there's hindering the town's chances despite knowing he was actively doing so by larking about.
Well said. I thought it was obvious. I expect better from Flameaxe. He usually plays the game.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #582 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:31 am

Flameaxe wrote:I've never played with DGB or Mert (I played in a Mert-modded game a while back, but that's it.)
Does Toaster Strudel ring a bell?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #592 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:35 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
vote FaerieLord
Trying to derail the Flameaxe wagon?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #594 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:37 am

Flameaxe wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
vote FaerieLord
Trying to derail the Flameaxe wagon?
Maybe it's realizing the wagon on me is total crap, and is going after someone who is actually scummy? Yea? Mhmm.
That's preposterous. Your wagon is a most excellent one. It's a great ride through scenic areas, full service, and comfy seats. No reason not to ride it.

Gut feeling. You don't strike me as hugely pro-town. Posting nonsense, not looking for scum, etc. You're the best lead I got at the moment. It's not amazing I know, but you're better than nothing.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #598 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:38 am

FaerieLord wrote:Apart from the obvious OMGUS in that post, derailing the wagon is noted ckd
Why don't you cast your vote somewhere and help move the game along?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #600 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:53 am

I approve the FaerieLord wagon, no offense to the Flameaxe Express.

unvote, vote: FaerieLord

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #608 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:17 pm

Flameaxe wrote:Well damn, isn't this just a totally retarded most. Find scum, not wagon leaders.
Please vote for FaerieLord or yourself - whichever one you find scummiest.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #616 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:52 am

FaerieLord wrote:2) I rarely vote, feel free to read other games im in such as *snip*.
My vote stays. You need to be trained to vote more. Not voting is keeping information from the town, it's a deliberate attempt to not leave traces behind, to muddle possible connections. When players die, we look at their voting record. When people replace, they scan for votecounts. Your vote is your voice. Not voting is scummy. It's manipulating other people to vote and compromise themselves, without implicating yourself directly.

Die scum die. Or start voting.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #619 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:08 am

FaerieLord wrote:Content > Votes
We can agree to disagree.

Even if you were right, content>votes does not make you look any better.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #635 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:36 am

FaerieLord wrote:@Dripping Goofball. I started posting frequently now. So you can always analyze what I posted. So the content part of it is being obeyed now.
Dear Miss Manners,

I am playing Mafia with FL and he says he's started to provide content, but in fact, everyone can see that he hasn't. Is it OK to start a wagon on the guy?

DrippingGoofball

======================

Dear Dripping Goofball,

Until such time as you get actual content out of FL, it is perfectly socially acceptable to heap more votes onto him. In fact - I'd go as far as to say that you have my blessing if you want to lynch him.

Miss Manners.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #641 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:43 am

FaerieLord wrote:Also, I don't see how I can protect myself against this wagon. I hope you aren't expecting me to do a pbpa on every person
Or don't do a PBPA, share your opinion if you have one. Pick a few players.
FaerieLord wrote:Also, why me not SirT for example? He has lurked much more than I have.
Did your mother tell you that life was going to always be perfectly fair? She lied.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #644 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:41 am

FaerieLord wrote:Im not going to even try. Two days to change a whole group's opinion. Maybe not. Though if for you lurking is scummier than players you found suspicious, than good riddance to getting rid of this game
Even if you end up being lynched, who jumps on your wagon and when is information we can use tomorrow. If you are a townie, you'll want to help by voicing YOUR suspicions. If you're scum, you might want to consider saying nothing so as not to give away your scumbuddies; that's what it looks like you are doing at the moment, and that's not helping you at all if you are town. And if you are town, you are not helping the town by allowing your lynch to be a contentless lynch.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #647 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:48 am

Tarhalindur should be bolded along with foolinc, Flameaxe and Oman.

That is an interesting observation.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #651 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:18 am

Also both Oman and Tarhalindur seem to join wagons earlier and more aggressively than Flameaxe and foolinc.

Now looking for distancing.

Tarhalindur voted for:

Curiouskarmadog
bubka
Lazy
Kanaga
Flameaxe (FOS)
Lowell
Bubka
death_omen (FOS)
death_omen
Curiouskarmadog (FOS)
Flameaxe
FaerieLord

Oman voted for:

Bubka
Lazy
Kanaga
Bubka
Tarhalindur (FOS)
Mert
Lazy (FOS)
Bubka
Mert
Kanaga
Butter-Substitute (included for completeness)
Mert
Lowell
FaerieLord

foolinc voted for:

Masked Jedi
Lazy
Kanaga
Bubka
Flameaxe
FaerieLord

Flameaxe voted for:

Bubka
Lazy
Kanaga
Parkay (for completeness)

No one of these players ever voted Oman
Oman never voted Flameaxe
Oman FOS'd two players: Lazy and Tarhalindur
All have voted Bubka
All have voted Kanaga
All have voted Lazy

Gonna guess that one of Tarhalindur or Oman is scum, if not both. Lazy and Bubka might be the their buddies.

unvote

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #652 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:22 am

Is there any reason not to lynch Oman or Tarhalindur, that I might have missed? I think these will be very informative lynches regardless of outcome.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #656 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:01 am

Oman wrote:That looks awesome DGB, a nice form. Although if you take into account my vote-happy, bandwagon D1 playstyle....
Fourteen votes in 27 pages! That sure is vote-happy.

True, I am merciless, and I am counting your vote for "Butter-Substitute." You get no break.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #662 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:12 am

DragonsofSummer wrote:DG: If you had to pick one of either Tar or Oman to lynch right now which of the two would you pick and why?
I'd like to lynch them both. Their behaviors aren't substantially different. Willing to flip coin to settle.

So far Oman has shown up with a weak excuse. Still waiting on Tar to explain himself.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #663 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:12 am

DragonsofSummer wrote:
unvote vote Kanaga
Yay deadline extensions.
How on earth do you arrive at this conclusion?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #667 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:13 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:LOL

so I am number 2 why?

and you have put CTD at number 3 for the same crap I attacked you for...wow, good show.

confirm vote FaerieLord
You turkey.

On that list, you're #2 most TOWNIE, not most SCUMMY.

Jumpy, are we? You might have just taken a little tumble ;-)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #673 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:25 am

Oman wrote:If Faerielord isn't following DGB around I'll eat my divine focus item.

DGB, I suggest you meta some of my completed games, or at least, ask CKD and others who played with me about my playstyle D1.
Shall I consider the above as a recommendation to vote for Tarhalindur?

Would you vote for Tarhalindur? Why or why not? Thanks.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #675 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:18 am

foolinc wrote:Masked Jedi - Random vote
Lazy - Pushed the first wagon to get the game going (Plus he had the scummiest video game character ever, the Dog From Duckhunt,as his avatar)
Kanaga - Pressure vote; wanted to see how he'd react
Bubka - Lurker and extremely scummy posts up until the claim
Flameaxe - Voted for the guy that's been derailing the game.
FaerieLord - Lurker
Unvote
Glaring omission: Tarhalindur. Why didn't you vote Tarhalindur? How about now?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #679 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:48 am

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote kanaga
. I have no idea why DoS voted him, but I don't trust anyone who appears only to defend himself anytime he gets a vote, and does so just by casting suspicion on his accuser.
If I understand correctly you are voting Kanaga because he looks like a chronic OMGUS voter? If you can explain to me why that's scummier than what the other vote leaders have done, I'll gladly help you bus your buddy.
pickemgenius wrote:This is also my metgame on Ouman as well.
Note to self: pickemgenius guilty of the sin of lurking in plain sight.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #685 (isolation #33) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:19 am

Tarhalindur wrote:3) I've been playing Suicidal Tar to the hilt this game [...] I've been intentionally making myself look scummy.

[...] especially since I've been acting in a way I consider scummy[...].
Holy WIFOM, Batman! :shock:

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #688 (isolation #34) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:44 am

This game is shaping up like a WIFOM open bar.

Cheers!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #715 (isolation #35) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:02 pm

Porochaz wrote:I do feel that whilst UltamaAvalon did have the funniest post in Day 1, he also looked the scummiest so
vote UltimaAvalon
That vote was based on very vague explanations. Please give more details.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #722 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:37 am

You know who rolls dice on Day 2? Scum.

vote: Flameaxe.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #729 (isolation #37) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:33 am

Gorrad wrote:A bit of chaos never hurt anyone.
Vote: DGB
OMGUS. (yes, I'm OMGUSing despite not being the voted. So sue me.)
This is a trap. You are trying to tempt me to OMGUS you post-pre-emptively. I won't fall for it. My vote for Flameaxe remains; by the same token, your twisted defense of Flameaxe is noted.

;-)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #734 (isolation #38) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:05 am

UltimaAvalon wrote:DGB, just because people don't agree with you, doesn't mean they're defending the person you're attacking.
Are you serious? I was JOKING around with Gorrad... read my post again. :roll:

But thanks for the compliment. I'm "scumtastic" - hey I think you made my day. Scumtastic... I like it.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #790 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:23 pm

Oman wrote:Based on last nights actions I believe I know who the Pro-town vigilantee is.
I survived the night, so the vig is not MoS. In fact, MoS probably doesn't have a killing role. If he could have, he would have.

I haven't kept track of this game as closely as I should, I will make a effort to change that in the next few days.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #795 (isolation #40) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:45 am

Why FOS when you can vote?

vote: Tarhalindur

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #797 (isolation #41) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:58 am

Yes, but SirTornado has pretty much flaked off the site and has been replaced in most (if not all) his games. So the sentiment he expressed was probably true.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”