California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Hi all. I haven't fully caught up yet, but I'm slowly but surely plowing through.

I think, regarding the secret word question, that someone who has one and knows what it does may have reason not to tell
ipso facto
; but a wise player who has a secret word and doesn't know what frequency to use it inters it into every post as a simple precaution. (It would have to be buried in case the mod does not consider "P.S. Kangaroo!" a valid use of a secret word; I might not, as a mod.) The fact that foolinc does not appear to have done this piques my interest, especially since he himself commented, "Besides, for all I know it could be linked to my ability as a doctor."

Thrown up for comparison:
IH wrote:Why is foolinc still alive, btw. -_-; Seriously.
Zindaras wrote:I think foolinc is town. I believe his claim. ... The Mafia probably have something which means they can ignore foolinc and see if they can get him lynched.
This smacks of "good cop-bad cop" tactics by two people who both know too much. Will pay especial attention to both IH and Zin in futher rereading.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:32 pm

Run that by me again, Gaspar? In what way am I "content sitting on the sidelines and watching" when I've been in the game for all of three days, and one of them was a Saturday?
If Gaspar is scum, this list probably represents him distancing from his scum buddies by listing them with a few innocents, thus getting him the best of both worlds: if his list is followed, he sees to it that the people who go first are the townies (viz. my place on top of the list) and inters the people who must die toward the bottom; or if his list is not followed and his buddies are killed, he's on record as listing them as top suspects. Accordingly,
if
Gaspar is scum, almost certainly at least one and quite probably two out of Zindaras, DP or Sarc are scum with him. If Gaspar is town, obviously nothing is said about the other three.

This caught me eye:
Talitha wrote:Not necessarily foolinc, as it seems we have 2 scum groups. The scum would probably know from the size of their group that there's likely another family out there.
By itself, not noteworthy; I took it to mean that the fact of two kills suggests two killing groups. But then Talitha elaborates:
Talitha wrote:Well, this is totally hypothetical, but if I were in a scum group of 3 people and my group name was Parisian mafia, and in a game this size... would I not conclude that there was very likely another group?
Here she not only assumes a group of specifically three, but she connects the scums' posited suspicion to the name of the group. That is a much more dramatic leap than the one she made previously, and casts both statements under a much blacker light.
And then this makes it even worse:
Talitha wrote:I still maintain that a scum group, who know how many members they have,
what their abilities are
, etc, would have a decent idea of whether there are other killing groups in the game.
I see no mention of abilities.
How does Talitha know the scum group has abilities?

IH rightly called her on this last. Cogito, now Setael, agreed with Talitha that a scum team of three should know there's another (for the record, I agree that a scum team of three should at least be concerned of the possibility of another group, but the assumption of a scum group of three is Talitha's and hers alone. Yet CES quotes it as if it were fact.)

Pooky stated that he believed her, and foolinc asked Pooky why. This is pro-townish on foolinc's part, IMO. Let the record show that Pooky does not seem to have answered this question.

Interestingly, it was Sarc, Talitha and Pooky who spearheaded the LML lynch. Sarc noted the capitalization, but did not mention that Lee capitalized "could" in the same post; Talitha was first to bring up a connection between "lace" and poison (not specifying what, btw -- though one can lace a drink with poison, there is also the connection of Arsenic and Old Lace. However, as I suspect that Lee was the type of poisoner-role whose kills are delayed, it follows that he had killed xyzzy the night before, his use of the word was purely coincidental, and the only conceivable relevance this might have is in Talitha's own vagueness allowing other players to draw their own conclusions and believe they had drawn hers; and that is rather too attenuated to be a basis for suspicion in its own right.) Pooky was the one who first pressed Lee hard on the question because he was "very concerned" about this coincidence.

A god bit later, Talitha wrote:
Talitha wrote:It wasn't desperation, it was just my way of saying that I am not going to get upset and go full-on defending myself right now, because i just don't have the energy to spare.
Sound familiar? Compare with IH's observation on LoudmouthLee:
First off, it looks like Lee is panicked. I rarely see the statement "There's no other way I can defend myself, I didn't do it!" from anyone but a newbie player. Why this choice of words? We know that Lee.
(I'm comparing Talitha's reaction with LML's, not IH's, obv.)

oh, and by the way, IH:
I was actually stating about a nightkill as well.
I know, but the point is the same. The nightkill part of your post reduces to, "If foolinc was town, scum would have killed him by now. Since scum haven't killed him, obviously foolinc is scum!" My point remains irrespective of the means by which foolinc didn't die.

Provisional condorcet: Talitha, Pooky, Setael, Gaspar, [Zindaras, Sarc, DP], IH, foolinc, but I'm still not firm enough in my convictions to cast any bold text.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2085 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:10 am

I counterclaimed DGB because her claim interfered with the claim that was most natural for me. I'm still not sure why she did that, especially since claiming Baptistin made me think she hadn't read the quicktopic. I'm curious though why Gaspar chose to put the second vote on me when he could have 'believed' me over DP and helped lynch DP instead.

I agree that having two two-headed members was an enormous advantage for the mafia.

So the secret words had no game function, right?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:11 pm

Oh good, then I don't have to be embarrassed about being the only one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”