Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9275 (isolation #200) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"I did some bad things on the outside, but I did what I had to in order to survive."
-Nomad,
Tanzer

VOTECOUNT 5.01

Lowkey (2):
Shiro, Drunken Pirates
Shiro (1):
Lowkey
Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (7):
Klingoncelt, The Cool Cucumbers, Drixx, Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, Fluminator, Sensei

With 10 Alive, it takes 6 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-03-06 19:50:00)
The Main Character is
Albert B. Rampage
The Party is
Yosarian, Drixx, Klingoncelt, and Lowkey
Spoiler: MC VC
Drunken Pirates (5):
Sensei, The Cool Cucumbers, Shiro, Drunken Pirates, Lowkey

As a note, don't take the thread lock/unlock as proof that Sensei used Rosario Impale.
Because he unvoted and because there's no flip/alteration in game-state, I can not confirm whether or not Sensei ever actually used, or has access to, Rosario Impale.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9347 (isolation #201) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 9300, Drixx wrote:
@Varsoon: Is the Main Character obligated to pick a party? The rules say that the MC loses the ability if the game gets down to 5 players; however, it doesn't make it clear whether the MC is obligated to pick a party or whether they can choose a smaller party or what.

MC always has to pick 4 players unless there are only 5 or less players in the game.
In that case, the MC goes on adventures all on the lonesome.
I could've implemented mechanics to let the MC choose anywhere from 1 to 4 party members, but I wanted to increase the chances of scum infiltration as characters betraying/spying on you is a fairly major part of at least one character's storyline in SaGa Frontier.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9350 (isolation #202) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"We monsters can change our appearance just as easily as humans change clothes."
-Lummox,
Margmel

VOTECOUNT 5.02

Lowkey (2):
Shiro, Drunken Pirates
Shiro (2):
Lowkey, Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (6):
Klingoncelt, The Cool Cucumbers, Drixx, Yosarian2, Fluminator, Sensei

With 10 Alive, it takes 6 to Lynch.
Deadline
The Main Character is
Albert B. Rampage
The Party is
Drunken Pirates (5):
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9370 (isolation #203) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"Why do I have to wear this bunny outfit?"
-Emelia,
Baccarat

VOTECOUNT 5.03 : LYNCH

Shiro (
LYNCH
):
Lowkey, Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, Yosarian2

Lowkey (4):
Shiro, Drunken Pirates
Albert B. Rampage (2):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (2):
FIRE
The Cool Cucumbers (2):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (2):
FIRE

Not Voting (5):
Klingoncelt, The Cool Cucumbers, Drixx, Fluminator, Sensei

With 10 Alive, it took 6 to Lynch.
Deadline
The Main Character is
Albert B. Rampage
The Party is
Drunken Pirates (5):

Due a Global Effect, all votes currently count as double.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9371 (isolation #204) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Liza's disappearance wasn't that big of an issue for many people, but it did strike a nerve at the headquarters of Gradius, the anti-Trinity group. Roufas considered Liza to be one of his most powerful agents, due to her diligent work towards Gradius' cause without fail. Frustrated with their loss, he sent a capable search party to bring Liza back from the Magic Kingdom. If anyone could find Liza, it would be Emelia, who had quickly become best friends with the woman and had a knack for working alongside her. Emelia and a few others set out to the Magic Kingdom with guns on their backs and hope in their hearts.

Unfortunately, some secrets stay buried. Emelia's Region-shuttle never made it to the Magic Kingdom. Reports would surface later that indicated engine failure, but the entire thing looked to be a Trinity cover-up from top to bottom. Whatever was going on in the Magic Kingdom, Trinity did not want anyone to know.

Emelia's funeral was quiet and short. Only Roufas, Annie, and a handful of other Gradius members were there. As far as anyone else was concerned, Emelia was never even on the flight. Despite that, her tombstone was placed next to that of her late fiance, Ren. At the very least, she could find peace beyond this life.

Shiro was lynched on Day 5. They were
Emelia
, aligned with
The Protagonists
Emelia's role functions as follows:

Spoiler:
Shiro - EMELIA
A woman seeking to avenge her murdered fiance
A woman's got to do what a woman's got to do.
Why do I have to wear this bunny outfit?

You know that if the Party visits Baccarat, they can all be rewarded with the Magic ability: GOLD CARD.

What are you saying? You think I killed him?

You will investigate as not-town.

You are the first females to escape this prison.

You know that the characters ANNIE and LIZA are aligned with the Protagonists (town).

Training? No one ever said anything about that.

You begin the game with the first GUN TECHNIQUE.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

You are aligned with the Protagonists (town). You win when all threats to the Protagonists are eliminated and at least one Protagonist-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Emelia also had access to the QUICK DRAW and REACTION SHOT TECHNIQUES.
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9372 (isolation #205) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It is now Night 5. The deadline to submit night actions is
(expired on 2016-02-25 04:20:00).
Tonight's Adventure is in:
Koorong

IF ALL PLAYERS AGREE TO IT, I WILL END THE NIGHT AS SOON AS ALL NIGHT ACTIONS ARE RESOLVED.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9373 (isolation #206) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

There are some pretty harsh storms around where I live right now.
If I can't make it to open the game tomorrow, assume that I have lost power.
Last edited by Varsoon on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9374 (isolation #207) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

There were some questions about this early on in the game, but it's been asked recently and I don't know if I ever made it clear in the main game thread:

If the game reaches a state where there are two players left; a town Main Character and a single scum member, I will rule it as a scum win. Otherwise, scum would always eventually lose when reduced to one member left unless they managed to become the Main Character.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9375 (isolation #208) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

While many attributed the tragedies occurring in the various Regions to Trinity, there were those who knew the mysterious Black X had a hand in every single one of these plots. However, these organizations were mere trifles to the immortal Mystics who often sequestered themselves far from the affairs of mortals. Truly, if there was an evil capable of truly damning the Regions, it would be one spawned from the malice of one of these very Mystic Lords. Even IRPO knew not to gain their ire, and often avoided any direct confrontation solely out of best interest for both parties.

It wasn't as if IRPO's files had no dirt on them, but that these reports were simply written in such a way that no investigation could ever be pursued. Simply put, everyone from investigators to the bereaved knew better than to blame a Mystic. When a local girl went missing from Devin or Shrike, it was chalked up to crime in the region or lovers eloping. When those same girls appeared centuries later and hadn't aged at all, this was written off as coincidence. It's for this very reason that, when Asellus was stolen away by the Charm Lord, that no investigation could ever find her. When she came back years later, insisting it was her, even her own family never filed a report with the IRPO--it was simply more reasonable to insist on her death than to trifle with Mystic affairs.

IRPO agent Doll closed the file on Asellus, sighing sharply. The woman claiming to be Asellus was last seen chartering a flight to Fascinaturu. When Doll followed up with an investigation, Asellus seemed dead set on settling her past with the Mystics who lived there. Doll took this as a means to finally justify investigation into Chateau Aiguille, but when she finally arrived, she was met by Asellus again, who flatly denied her entry into the palace. Doll noted that Asellus' behavior had changed completely; where she was once spirited and determined, she now seemed complacent and cold like many other Mystics.

Doll filed away her reports, silently wondering if there would ever be peace in all of the Regions. Even if it wasn't meant to be, she wasn't going to lay down her badge and give up, even in the face of such odds. Filled with an urgency to get back in the field, she quickly looked over what other reports she had to follow up on;
Crime in Koorong had recently changed immensely, with old gangs all found deceased in a large turf war over the caves beneath the region,
There was property damage to investigate in Baccarat, as a chandelier had apparently fallen and smashed a wealthy patron's vehicle,
and the body of some dirty blue-haired, lute-playing homeless man needed to be identified in the morgue.

Wonderful. Doll tightened her gloves and loaded her gun. Time to get back out on the beat.

Fluminator was treestumped on Night 5. He was
Asellus
, aligned with
The Protagonists
Asellus' full role functions as follows:

Spoiler:
Fluminator - ASELLUS
A wandering half-Mystic in search of her identity
I know this is my fate, and I accept it.
So, you're the human girl that inherited Orlouge's power?

If you hammer a player, you will gain access to that player's 'Soul'.
Each player's Soul will grant you access to a unique one-shot ability and passive ability.
During the Night phase following the hammer, you will PM the moderator to let them know how you will 'bank' this Soul.
You may 'bank' Souls on your Mystic Sword, Boots, and Glove.
You may only ever have three seperate Souls banked at one time.
You may bank a new Soul over one you already have, but this will cause you to lose access to the old Soul forever.

Mystic Change

If you use any of your one-shot 'banked' abilities, you will gain access to all of your passive 'banked' abilities.
These abilities will last until the end of the next Night Phase--if you have not used another one-shot ability, you will temporarily lose access to these abilities.

Mystic Sword

ACTIVE -
Sword Technique: Cross-Deflect

One shot; At night, you may use your action to make yourself unable to be killed. If a player attempts to kill you but fails due to this ability, you will learn that it was this ability that prevented you from dying.

PASSIVE -
Maxwell Program: Mettle Forged in Battle

If you have no remaining shots of Cross-Deflect and you hammer a player OR survive a night phase without using Cross-Deflect, trigger this ability.
You regain 1 shot of Cross-Deflect.

Mystic Glove

You currently do not have a Soul banked in your Mystic Sword.

Mystic Boots

Fade to Sepia. The End.

You are aligned with the Protagonists (town). You win when all threats to the Protagonists are eliminated and at least one Protagonist-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Fluminator also had access to the
SWORD TECHNIQUE
Double Slash.
Fluminator also had access to
THE SHADE ROBE:
You require 1 less vote to lynch. Once per game, at night, you may cause yourself to be unable to affect or be affected by any other player in the game--you become considered an ineligible target for Night Actions during the night that you use this ability.

Drixx was killed on Night 5. He was
Lute
, aligned with
The Protagonists
Lute's full role functions as follows:

Spoiler:
PLAYER NAME - LUTE
A wandering minstrel from Yorkland
Arrest me? For what?
Work hard, Lute.

You have no exceptional abilities.

But for some reason, the neighborhood punks liked him.

You begin Day 1 of the game as 'The Main Character'.
You do not recieve a 'Party' during Day 1.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Drixx also had access to the
SWORD TECHNIQUES
Double Slash, Heaven/Hell, Deflect, Rosario Impale, and Life Sprinkler.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9376 (isolation #209) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"I'm hated by humans for being a Mystic and mocked by Mystics for being a human, but I know there's nothing wrong with me.
This is my fate, and I accept it."
-Asellus,
Chateau Aiguille

VOTECOUNT 6.0

Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (7):
Klingoncelt, The Cool Cucumbers, Drunken Pirates, Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, Lowkey, Sensei

With 7 Alive, it takes 4 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-03-10 04:30:00)
The Main Character is
Drunken Pirates
The Party is
Sensei, Klingoncelt, and Lowkey.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9399 (isolation #210) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Healing is actually pretty hard to come by in SaGa Frontier. Almost all of the healing in the game is single-target, whereas most enemies will damage your whole party. Red, Blue, and Mesthartim are the only characters (iirc) that can regularly heal the entire team and all of these abilities come at the cost of using their own Life Points. For this reason, I suggest having at least two characters that can heal, and giving every character a healing potion just in case! Another strategy is to learn Mind Magic at Kyo, which teaches a self-heal!
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9400 (isolation #211) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"Hello? Did Sir Lute come home?"
-Agent,
Yorkland

"Sir? If you mean my stupid son, no, he hasn't."
-Lute's Mother,
Yorkland

VOTECOUNT 6.01

The Cool Cucumbers (2):
FIRE, Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (6):
Klingoncelt, The Cool Cucumbers, Drunken Pirates, Yosarian2, Lowkey, Sensei

Deadline
The Main Character is
Drunken Pirates
The Party is

The Cool Cucumbers may not perform any Night Actions
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9427 (isolation #212) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"That's how it goes."
-Uncle Taco,
Junk

VOTECOUNT 6.02

The Cool Cucumbers (2):
FIRE, Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (6):

Deadline
The Main Character is
Drunken Pirates
The Party is
Drunken Pirates (1):
The Cool Cucumbers

Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9430 (isolation #213) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

A magical light descended upon every Region that day, and all those who were sick or wounded found themselves healthy once again. No one knows why or how this event happened, but it has been celebrated as a wondrous occasion in the face of the recent disasters plaguing many Regions.

All effects that caused players to require less votes to lynch have been undone.
Whatever causes these 'hated' effects may still be in the game, but every player, as of this post, now requires the average amount of votes to lynch due to a global effect.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9477 (isolation #214) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 9458, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
@Varsoon: If someone is unable to be voted and they have access toa killing ability and there are no other modifiers in play, will targeting them with Rosario Impale kill that slot, even though no votes may be cast on that person?

Yes.
Rosario Impale is a day-use ability.
You target a player with Rosario Impale.
I then check to see if it resolves.
Upon resolving, Rosario Impale first causes a player to incur two votes. If a player is immune to being voted, then these votes will not appear.
After those two votes are cast (regardless of if they appear or not), Rosario Impale then checks if a player has access to any sort of ability that can kill another player.
If yes, Rosario Impale then applies a targeted killing effect. If a player is immune to being killed, then this effect will not happen.
If no, then Rosario Impale does not apply a targeted killing effect.

In the case that a player would be hammered by Rosario Impale's votes, that player will be lynched before the triggered check of Rosario Impale's killing effect.

Why did I have to design such a dumb, semantics-heavy ability and allow everyone to get access to it?

Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9502 (isolation #215) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"Can't you feel my blood running through your veins? You have the power of darkness to rule the entire universe."
-Orlouge,
to Asellus, Fascinaturu

VOTECOUNT 6.03

Albert B. Rampage (2):
FIRE, Albert B. Rampage
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (6):

Deadline
The Main Character is
Drunken Pirates
The Party is
Sensei (1):
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates (1):
The Cool Cucumbers

Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9526 (isolation #216) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"Welcome to the Lure of the Rune. What's your pleasure?"
-Rune Sage,
Devin

VOTECOUNT 6.04

Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (7):
Klingoncelt, The Cool Cucumbers, Drunken Pirates, Yosarian2, Lowkey, Sensei, Albert B. Rampage

Deadline
The Main Character is
Drunken Pirates
The Party is
Sensei (1):
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates (1):
The Cool Cucumbers

Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9620 (isolation #217) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 9618, Lowkey wrote:
Mod: Does Rosario Impale check for all types of kills or is there a method for kills to avoid detection by Rosario Impale?

In post 8570, Varsoon wrote:

The words 'A killing ability' in the description for ROSARIO IMPALE refer to any TECHNIQUE, Factional Ability, or role-unique ability that allows a player to kill another player. This includes TECHNIQUES such as HEAVEN/HELL, ROSARIO IMPALE, and BOUND SHOT. In regards to flipped roles, ROSARIO IMPALE would not kill Rouge before Rouge gained access to MEGAWINDBLAST, but it would kill him at any point after he did. Red and Gen would always be killed by ROSARIO IMPALE, because even though they had not met the pre-requisites to gain access to their kills, it was still an ability on their Role PM.

Rosario Impale checks for any ability that allows for a player to kill another player, including TECHNIQUES (such as Heaven/Hell), reactionary kills, factional kills, etc. If the ability says 'kill a player' in it, Rosario Impale triggers.

I really hope it's clear now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9632 (isolation #218) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 9626, itlepip wrote:
Would someone who doesn't currently have a killing ability but if a trigger which hasn't currently met is hit gain a killing ability be killed by Impale?

My previous answer covers this.
In the case of ROUGE and BLUE, Rosario Impale would not kill them before they gained the ability MEGA WIND BLAST.
Same goes for any hypothetical killing ability gained from an adventure.
Once the player has that killing ability, though, Rosario Impale will trigger on them if used again.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9633 (isolation #219) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 9629, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:

@Varsoon: If Rosario impale is used, and then followed by an unvote, in the same post, will it still function?

It still functions.
It's a day ability.
The unvote in the same post (after using Rosario Impale) would just cause the two votes from Rosario Impale to be unvoted.
I will never stop kicking myself in the ass for including such a confounding ability for all players to receive.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9639 (isolation #220) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Gen performs a Rosario Impale at the 7 minute mark of this video.
This should answer all questions of how the TECHNIQUE functions.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10028 (isolation #221) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 9823, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:@Varsoon: If multiple members of an adventuring party target an ability on the same individual, and a global roleblock occurs, AND the individual is commuted, will those abilities still resolve successfully targeting the commuted individual?[/b]

Multiple party members targeting a player always resolves no matter what.
Woke up to 6 new messages and 14 pages in the game. Catching up.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10040 (isolation #222) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 9839, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
@Varsoon: If someone is targeted with slide but also controls a secondary vote, can they still use that vote? Will using that vote/activating that vote count as them using an ability/power for the purposes of anything which may care about them doing so?

-Cerb

SLIDING prevents a player from casting any votes, via the actual vote tag or via any abilities or TECHNIQUES or anything else.
Using abilities counts as using abilities, yes.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10056 (isolation #223) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 10040, Varsoon wrote:
In post 9839, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
@Varsoon: If someone is targeted with slide but also controls a secondary vote, can they still use that vote? Will using that vote/activating that vote count as them using an ability/power for the purposes of anything which may care about them doing so?

-Cerb

SLIDING prevents a player from casting any votes, via the actual vote tag or via any abilities or TECHNIQUES or anything else.
Using abilities counts as using abilities, yes.

And before you get all your jollies in a twist, SLIDING would not prevent votes such as BIT or FIRE, it stops players themselves from having their name show up as votes. In this way, it can't be used to rout out hidden voting mechanics, just any mechanic where a player would submit votes reflected by their player name.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10058 (isolation #224) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 9902, Yosarian2 wrote:
trade the Useless Ornamental Ring from Baccarat
to Drunken Pirates
in exchange for nothing

Confirming this.
And tempted to lock the thread because you guys are outpacing me real hard. ><
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10072 (isolation #225) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 9823, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
Mod: Are hide runes tradeable? Do they transfer upon death?

What the heck is a hide rune?
On the real, do you
really
think I would confirm if a power was in the game or not?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10075 (isolation #226) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"They always blame me when something goes wrong. I tell you, one of these days, POW! Right in the kisser!"
-Hiroshi Takai,
2nd Division

VOTECOUNT 6.05

Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (7):
Klingoncelt, The Cool Cucumbers, Drunken Pirates, Yosarian2, Lowkey, Sensei, Albert B. Rampage

Deadline
The Main Character is
Drunken Pirates
The Party is
Sensei (1):
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates (1):
The Cool Cucumbers

Last edited by Varsoon on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10086 (isolation #227) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 10081, Fluminator wrote:
@Varsoon, how do I activate my mod-time eater rune?

I thought you guys already activated that one, but I guess we can retread 'Rosario Impale' with every TECHNIQUE...
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10095 (isolation #228) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'll be around, but I've got a headache that's threatening the drive me up a wall and I really don't want you gaming the game because of paranoia, but I did sign up for this.
<3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10119 (isolation #229) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

As per agreement, Yosarian2 can not hammer any player for the rest of the day phase.
If Yosarian2 controls any external votes that do not have to be submitted publicly, then he may still hammer players in this way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10125 (isolation #230) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 10122, Fluminator wrote:What. That actually works? Can we make no suspect be able to hammer?

If a player has to hammer to achieve their wincon, then they can still hammer, so it's pretty much pointless.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10139 (isolation #231) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10153 (isolation #232) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"Look, here's some candy."
-Bird Monster,
Shrike

VOTECOUNT 6.06

Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (7):

Deadline
The Main Character is
Drunken Pirates
The Party is
Sensei (1):
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates (1):
The Cool Cucumbers

Yosarian2 can not hammer any player for the rest of the day phase
Last edited by Varsoon on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10179 (isolation #233) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You can't just trade post restrictions at each other...or trade with dead players. :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10291 (isolation #234) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

"I was pretending to be dead..."
-Lummox,
Margmel

VOTECOUNT 6.07

Drunken Pirates (1):
Klingoncelt
Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
Klingoncelt (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (6):
The Cool Cucumbers, Drunken Pirates, Yosarian2, Lowkey, Sensei, Albert B. Rampage

Deadline
The Main Character is
Drunken Pirates
The Party is
Sensei (2):
Drunken Pirates, The Cool Cucumbers

Yosarian2 can not hammer any player for the rest of the day phase
Albert B. Rampage may not vote for the rest of the day phase
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10305 (isolation #235) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Varsoon »

If Black X had one oversight, it was that some people didn't take the death of Liza and Emelia lightly. Annie, who was a part of the same anti-Trinity group as the other girls, allowed her focus to waver from Trinity's dark deeds when she realized it was Black X putting all of her friends in the ground. Annie already had tabs on Black X's base beneath Koorong. When they left, she followed. She was there when they started the fires in Kyo, as well. She was always right at their heels, ready to make their entire organization answer to her steel.

When Shuzer struck again, she was waiting for him. He expected this to be another slaughter, where he'd ride away from a Region of corpses and flame, cackling as he went. What he didn't realize was that Annie had become the greatest swordsman in any Region. The last few months had conditioned her into a fearless, deadly opponent who only cared for revenge. Before Shuzer could even make his first snide remark, her sword pierced his chest and tore him in half.

IRPO appeared on the scene minutes later, thanks to an anonymous tip. What they found were the bloody remains of Black X's final general, Shuzer. Annie disappeared into the shadows that day. Some say that she is still hunting Black X, insisting that there are higher ranking officials in the shadows that were controlling the four generals. Other rumors claim that she's gone back to Despair prison, because it's the only place that feels like home to her anymore. Regardless, the Regions all seemed a little safer with Black X's generals all defeated.

Klingoncelt was killed on Day 6. She was
Shuzer
, aligned with
Black X
Shuzer's full role functions as follows:

Spoiler:
PLAYER NAME - SHUZER
A cyborg seeking only power
This is where you will die.
CLAWBIT

You control two votes; your own and a 'CLAWBIT' vote.
At any time, you may PM me and I will place a vote on a player anonymously--this vote will simply read 'BIT'.

FLAMETHROWER

If your CLAWBIT vote is currently submitted on a player, you may use this ability.
Once per day, you may ignite a player.
Only one player may be ignited at any given time.
Ignited players will cause any player who targets them to be permanently voted.
This permanent vote will be indicated by the 'FIRE' vote tag.
No single player can have more than one 'FIRE' vote tag on them at a time.
The ignited player will suffer this 'FIRE' vote tag effect as well.

Black X rules every region!

You are aligned with Black X (scum).
Each night, one member of the Black X faction may submit a factional kill in addition to any other abilities they use.
You may communicate with other members of Black X during all phases of the game via this PT: [REDACTED]
You win when all threats to Black X are eliminated and at least one Black X player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Klingoncelt also had access to the
DODGE TECHNIQUES
: Dodge Drain, and Dodge Net.
Klingoncelt also had access to the
RUNE MAGIC : HIDE RUNE
- Once per game, you may use this ability to become an ineligible target for any action that targets a single player (this includes TECHNIQUES such as DOUBLE SLASH). Any vote submitted against you will also not be counted. This effect will last until an action that you submit resolves, you vote another player, or a night phase ends.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10306 (isolation #236) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In the weeks that followed the defeat of Black X, there was a major shift in power in all Regions. Without warning, Mystics had infiltrated very high levels of government and military in every Region. The few regions that resisted them were either overwhelmed by their magical strength or were cast into an enchanted stupor from which they never awoke. An organization known as The Chateau Aiguille, led by the Charm Lord himself, Orlouge, swept across the Regions and assumed quick control of each.

The masses first turned to their heroes, desperately crying out for Alkaiser or one of the grand-mages from the Magic Kingdom to do something about this. However, these pleas for help went unfulfilled, as all of the heroes capable of fighting this menace were long dead. Gen, the legendary swordsman, had been gunned down by Caballero's men. Rouge had been charmed and dispirited long ago--it was as if the Chateau Aiguille knew he was a threat. Rouge's counterpart, Blue, never achieved enough power to become a grand mage or a savior, and had been reported missing and assumed dead for some time now. Even Alkaiser himself had his heroic powers stripped from him a long time ago due to a breach in his heroic oath. There were some Mystics that knew Asellus to be capable of stopping the Charm Lord, as she possessed his blood and his potential, but even she was made subordinate to Orlouge's magic.

With no heroes to rely on, pressure was put on even criminals and miscreants to do something to save the universe. However, with Black X defeated, no single organization had the power to stand up to Orlouge's might. Trinity had been infiltrated by the Chateau and the other Mystic Lords, while capable of mounting an offense, knew that they would be allowed to continue their immortality in peace if they simply looked the other way. There was no one left with enough power to stop Orlouge's march across the Regions, and so it became inevitable.

Orlouge's rule marked thousands of years of darkness for the Regions, as they all became slaves to his kingdom. Inter-Regional travel was shut down, meaning that only high ranking Mystics were capable of traversing the Regions. The common man no longer worked towards their own livelihood, but instead did all they could to appease their new Mystic lords. The age of man had come to an end.

The Cool Cucumbers, aligned with
Fascinaturu
, has achieved their third party win condition.
All remaining members of the town faction have been end-gamed.
SaGa Frontier Mafia ends with a
Fascinaturu
(third party) victory!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10307 (isolation #237) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10308 (isolation #238) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Spoiler: ROLE DISTRIBUTION:
Spifflop (Hiplop & Spiffeh) - Red
Skybird - Blue
Itlepip
ArcAngel9
- Rouge
Fluminator - Asellus
Yosarian2 - Riki
Drixx - Lute
Drunken Pirates (Titus & Pirate Mollie) - T260G
Rylai and Lina (Shiro & Frozen Angel) - Emelia
Sensei - Annie
ZZZX - Fuse
Lowkey (Lowell & Hinduragi) - White Rose
The Cool Cucumbers (wgeurts & cerberus v666) - Orlouge
Albert B. Rampage - Nusakan
DiamondSentinel - Joker
ErrantParabola
Sharky5x
- Silence
Zulfy
Wickedestjr
- Liza
Klingoncelt - Shuzer
DrippingGoofball - Berva
Yimmy - Metal Black
MaxwellPuckett - Cindy Campbell
CooLDoG - Gen

GAME THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64887
SCUM THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=64884
DEAD THREAD:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=64892

LOWKEY PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=64890
COOL CUCUMBERS PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=64891
RYLAI AND LINA PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=649031
ROUGE'S (ITLEPIP) ALLIANCE PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65145
D2 ADVENTURE PARTY PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65146
D3 ADVENTURE PARTY PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65241
D4 ADVENTURE PARTY PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65353
D5 ADVENTURE PARTY PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65443
D6 ADVENTURE PARTY PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65488

NIGHT 1 ADVENTURE (LUMINOUS):
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65099
NIGHT 2 ADVENTURE (BACCARAT):
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65205
NIGHT 3 ADVENTURE (NELSON):
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65330
NIGHT 4 ADVENTURE (FASCINATURU):
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65390
NIGHT 5 ADVENTURE (KOORONG):
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65450
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10309 (isolation #239) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Spoiler: RED OKONOGI
PLAYER NAME - RED OKONOGI
A super hero fighting against evil
Damn that Black X...
You must follow the hero's code of Honor.

You may not talk about any of the powers featured on this rolecard, or this post restriction.
If pushed to claim, you may claim as 'Red Okonogi - A Boy Fighting Against Evil', with no abilities.
If you ever reveal that you can gain these abilities or if you break this post restriction in any way, you will lose access to ALKAIZER CHANGE.

ALKAIZER CHANGE!

You may only use this ability during the Night Phase and you are not Alkaizer.
You may use this ability in addition to any other ability that you have.
You may only use this ability if no other player is voting for you at the end of the previous Day Phase.
You are now Alakaizer - The Hero of Justice.
If any player accuses you of gaining abilities and you are not under these effects, you may not use 'ALKAIZER CHANGE!'
If any day ends and at least one player is voting for you, you lose the effects of 'ALKAIZER CHANGE!'

Ray Sword

You may only use this ability during the Day Phase and if you are Alkaizer.
Send me the name of one player. They will be voted twice with a vote that reads 'RAY SWORD'.

Al-Pheonix

You may only use this ability during the Night Phase and if you are Alkaizer.
Target one player. If they are not aligned with town, they will die.

Re-Al-Pheonix

If you used Al-Pheonix at night and you are targeted by a killing or blocking action, you do not die and are not blocked.
Instead, your Al-Pheonix ability fails and you kill the player who targeted you.
You will be informed if you ever use Re-Al-Pheonix, but you will not know which player triggered it.

Final Crusade

You permanently take one less vote to lynch. All other players in the game are bulletproof during the night that you use this ability.
If you are in a Party, you may have this ability only affect the other members of your party.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: BLUE
MOD NOTE (SPELLS):
LIGHT or SHADOW:
-MegaWindBlast: Non-consecutive Vig Kill
-Shadow Servant: So long as no player has voted for you, your vote counts x2 and your abilities will cast twice.
ARCANE or RUNE:
-Tower: Vig Kill, can be used during day; if used during the day it is a Strongman kill. One shot.
-Stasis Rune: Target another player. Both you and that player are treestumped for two game phases.
TIME or SPACE:
-Overdrive: If used during day, you may vote a player 8 times. If used at night, you can use 8 abilities at once. Allows more than one shot of Tower. Causes Stasis Rune to change your vote into 8 votes forever. One shot.
-Vortex: All other players lose access to any activated abilities and TECHNIQUES they have. This does not affect factional abilities or any QUEST rewards and they may still learn new Techs
Once you kill BLUE/ROUGE, you will gain LIFE MAGIC:
-Reviva: Target Player gains 1x bulletproof.
-Sacrifice: No other player will die tonight, but you permanently take 1 less vote to lynch.
PLAYER NAME - BLUE
A magician destined to kill his brother
You seem useful.
Realm Magic: Energy Chain

Night Only; Target player will be unable to take any actions tonight and will take one less vote to lynch on the following day.

Our Kingdom does not require two incomplete magicians. We need a superior one.

There is a player named Rouge in this game.
If you are on the wagon that lynches Rouge or if you kill Rouge, you will gain every 'Magic' ability that Rouge had when he died.
You will also gain access to two unique 'Magic' abilities after killing or lynching Rouge in this way.

Your first duty is to travel to the outer regions learning all types of magic, refining your art to a higher level.

If you hammer a player, you will be given the choice of a school of magic to gain.
Choosing a school of Magic will grant a corresponding 'Magic' ability.

Living in your brother's shadow, you will never be a true magician.

When you gain one school of Magic, Rouge can only gain the opposing school of magic.
When Rouge gains one school of Magic, you will be informed of this and you may only pick the opposing school when given the option.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: ROUGE
MOD NOTE: Learns the same spells as BLUE, refer to BLUE's Modnote for Spell List

PLAYER NAME - ROUGE
A magician destined to kill his brother
Are you also searching for the gift?
Realm Magic: Energy Chain

Night Only; Target player will be unable to take any actions tonight and will take one less vote to lynch on the following day.

Our Kingdom does not require two incomplete magicians. We need a superior one.

There is a player named Blue in this game.
If you are on the wagon that lynches Blue or if you kill Blue, you will gain every 'Magic' ability that Blue had when he died.
You will also gain access to two unique 'Magic' abilities after killing or lynching Blue in this way.

I'm traveling through the regions studying various magic.

Each night, you may target a player to invite to join a neighborhood.
Using this ability does not prevent you from using another ability during the night phase.
This ability will always fail on Blue.
If you successfully neighborize a player, you will be given the choice of a school of magic to gain.
Choosing a school of Magic will grant a corresponding 'Magic' ability.

Living in your brother's shadow, you will never be a true magician.

When you gain one school of Magic, Blue can only gain the opposing school of magic.
When Blue gains one school of Magic, you will be informed of this and you may only pick the opposing school when given the option.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: ASELLUS
MOD NOTE: SOUL OWNER - Active Shot - Passive Ability
RED - 1x Desperado shot - If you are not voted at the end of the day, you can not be killed even by the failed Desperado shot.
BLUE - 1x Highest Level Spell Blue knew - If you hammer or Kill ROUGE, you gain two of Rouge's highest level spells instead of 1.
ROUGE - 1x Highest Level Spell Rouge knew - You may replace Rouge in his Neighborhood.
RIKI - 1x Target a player to gain their 'absorbed' 1x ability without having to hammer/kill them - You may actually use the USELESS RINGS but you don't know what each does.
T260G - 1x ASTRAL RAVE strongman day-vig - You are confirmed as town.
EMELIA - 1x use a gun tech you don't have - You count as having 1 more gun tech than you do.
ANNIE - 1x use any sword tech you don't have - xxx
LIZA - 1x use any fist tech (not DSC you dolt) you don't have - xxx
LUTE - 1x you can confirm Lute as town - you know how to play a lute. I'll send you lessons online.
FUSE - 1x Cop - You gain knowledge of a new QUEST location's payout each day; you also know you need an IRPO agent to visit IRPO
WHITE ROSE - 1x Bodygaurd - You are filled with a queer sadness
ORLOUGE - 1x Treestump - No player may consecutively target you
DR. NUSAKAN - 1x Doctor - You learn about the HIDE rune on Koorong
JOKER - 1x Kill - 2x Ascetic
SILENCE - 1x Commute - You can recharge your commute by self-imposing only 1 post per 24 hours Post Restriction.
SHUZER - 1x Set on Fire - You can doublevote or split your votes between players
BERVA - 1x BervaCounter - You learn 2 fist techniques
METAL BLACK - 1x Bulletproof - If your bulletproof is shredded, recharge when you hammer or survive a night
CINDY CAMPBELL - 1x Roleblock - You'll learn who targets you at night
GEN - 1x Comet Blade - You learn 2 sword techniques and can enter WAKATU
PLAYER NAME - ASELLUS
A wandering half-Mystic in search of her identity
I know this is my fate, and I accept it.
So, you're the human girl that inherited Orlouge's power?

If you hammer a player, you will gain access to that player's 'Soul'.
Each player's Soul will grant you access to a unique one-shot ability and passive ability.
During the Night phase following the hammer, you will PM the moderator to let them know how you will 'bank' this Soul.
You may 'bank' Souls on your Mystic Sword, Boots, and Glove.
You may only ever have three seperate Souls banked at one time.
You may bank a new Soul over one you already have, but this will cause you to lose access to the old Soul forever.

Mystic Change

If you use any of your one-shot 'banked' abilities, you will gain access to all of your passive 'banked' abilities.
These abilities will last until the end of the next Night Phase--if you have not used another one-shot ability, you will temporarily lose access to these abilities.

Mystic Sword

Mystic Glove

Mystic Boots

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: RIKI
MOD NOTE (RINGS):
1. GUARDIAN RING (you start with this one, 10/10) - All players become Bulletproof.
2. MERCHANT RING (in SCRAP) - All night actions fail excluding kills.
3. THIEF RING (in TANZER) - Steals all the Gold and Rings from other players.
4. FIGHTER RING (in SHRIKE) - All players gain double voting for the following day.
5. HEALER RING (in YORKLAND) - All players who take less votes than normal to lynch now only take the regular amount.
6. HERO RING (in BACCARAT) - All players are granted 1-shot Ascetic that triggers on first ability that targets them.
7. SCHEMER RING (in OWNI) - All players gain 1-shot Immunity that triggers the first time they either use an ability or are targeted during either day or night.
8. HERMIT RING (in DESPAIR) - All players are immune to the next MAGIC attack that affects them (this includes being Treestumped).
PLAYER NAME - RIKI
A monster seeking the rings of salvation
I wonder if I'll cry when Margmel dies...
"Collect my brothers, fulfill our wish"

After each night that you survive, you will recieve a one-shot power 'ring' at the start of the following day.
You may also obtain rings if you visit their relevant location in a QUEST.
Unfortunately, you do not know which locations to visit.
If another player visits that location first, they will get a ring which you can have traded to you.
These rings are useless for all players but you.

If this ring has brothers, the power harnessed by all of the rings could save Margmel.

If ever have all 8 rings and you either visit MOSPERIBURG as a part of the Adventure or simply survive the night, you win the game. (Note: Riki is not removed from the game and the game itself continues, Riki just receives a personal victory for collecting all the rings)

Behold this ring.

Each Ring may be used for a 1-shot global ability during the night phase.
Alternatively, these abilities can be limited to affecting just the Party if Riki is member of the Party.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: LUTE
PLAYER NAME - LUTE
A wandering minstrel from Yorkland
Arrest me? For what?
Work hard, Lute.

You have no exceptional abilities.

But for some reason, the neighborhood punks liked him.

You begin Day 1 of the game as 'The Main Character'.
You do not recieve a 'Party' during Day 1.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: T260G
PLAYER NAME - T260G
A robot that forgot its mission
No Data...
Confirming Status. Movement: Deplorable. Attack: Deplorable. Defense: Deplorable.

You can not be killed during day or night.
You can still be lynched.

New Directive: Save the World.

If you are ever alive when there are only 10 or less players left in the game, you gain the following;
You may not be taken out of the game in any way (lynched, treestumped, vig, strongman killed, etc) short of being mod-killed.
Any time you cast a vote, you may add one more vote onto the other vote(s).
You are confirmed in-thread as aligned with the Portagonists (town).

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: EMELIA
PLAYER NAME - EMELIA
A woman seeking to avenge her murdered fiance
A woman's got to do what a woman's got to do.
Why do I have to wear this bunny outfit?

You know that if the Party visits Baccarat, they can all be rewarded with the Magic ability: GOLD CARD.

What are you saying? You think I killed him?

You will investigate as not-town.

You are the first females to escape this prison.

You know that the characters ANNIE and LIZA are aligned with the Protagonists (town).

Training? No one ever said anything about that.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: ANNIE
PLAYER NAME - ANNIE
A vigilante swordmaster seeking a paycheck
I thought it'd be safer in jail, so I smacked a couple of guards to get in.
Am I going to try to escape? Yeah, why not?

You know that if the Party visits Despair, they can all be rewarded with the Magic ability: FREEDOM RUNE.

Double Slash

You begin the game knowing the first SWORD TECHNIQUE.

2x Gale Slash

You may vote for every other player in the game twice. If multiple players would be 'lynched' this way, they all are.

Turbid Current

You may vote for a single player 7 times at once.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: FUSE
PLAYER NAME - FUSE
A good cop working a rough beat
Beat it. I've only got a 10 minute break.
Lady, the evidence is there.

You possess one-shot of each of the following Night actions:
Cop, Tracker, Watcher, Follower, Motion Detector, Rolecop, Voyeur.

Guess you're not as stupid as you look.

You know that if the Party visits IRPO, they can all be rewarded with the Magic ability: SHIELD CARD.

Guess you're the guy to talk to next time I get a parking ticket, huh?

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: WHITE ROSE
PLAYER NAME - WHITE ROSE
A forgotten princess defending love
Seems like nothing's changed.
Lady Asellus, live in freedom.

You know that there is another player named 'Asellus' in this game.
Every night, you will compulsively bodyguard Asellus.
If Asellus is lynched, you will die instead.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: ORLOUGE
MOD NOTE: Orlouge must defeat the scum team and Joker. If Red, Gen, Blue, Rouge, and/or Asellus gain a killing ability, he must also kill them.
PLAYER NAME - ORLOUGE
A king seeking an eternal kingdom
That's it! Lust for power! That's my daughter!
Merciless King, Protector of Rose

You can not be killed during the day or night.
You may still be lynched, treestumped, or otherwise removed from the game.

Ruler of Darkness, Pursuer of Beauty

Each night, you may submit a target.
That target will be treestumped; their rolecard will flip the following day in-thread and they will be allowed to continue posting but will otherwise be treated as if they have died.
Normal kill protection does not prevent this 'treestump' action from happening.

I'll conquer all there is to conquer in this universe.

You are aligned with Facinaturu (Third Party). You win if you are alive when all killing roles have been removed from the game either via lynch, kill, or treestumping. This only includes players who started the game with role-related access to the ability to kill (Techniques do not count). You are a threat to town and can not win alongside the town faction.

Spoiler: DOCTOR NUSAKAN
PLAYER NAME - DOCTOR NUSAKAN
A mystic refining forbidden magic
Next, please.
I usually don't make house calls...

You know that if the Party visits KOORONG, they can all be rewarded with the Magic ability: Hide Rune

Mystic Shirt

Each night you may target a player to protect them from being killed.

Mystic Magic : Glass Shield

You may not use this ability on consecutive nights.
Using this ability grants you one shot of bulletproof.
If a player ever breaks through this bulletproof shot with a killing ability, they will reflexively be killed.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: JOKER
PLAYER NAME - JOKER
A killer that is more mask than man
You're DEAD anyway.
He looked like the joker in a deck of cards...

All non-killing abilities used at night will fail when targeting you.

Oh, are you going to shoot me now? Really?

You are immune to being lynched.

It seems odd that he was killed without any sign of struggle...

Each night, you may visit a player to kill them.
Doing so will not trigger any reactionary abilities from that player.

Now, tell me where I can find the Cube.

You are aligned with The Mask of The Joker (third party). You win when all other players are dead and you are still alive, or there is nothing to prevent this from happening.

Spoiler: SILENCE
PLAYER NAME - SILENCE
A detective hunting his own shadow

You may not post normally in any of the game threads available to you.
You may only post votes and 'gestures'. These gestures must be wholly physical and can not imply speech.
A gesture such as "Silence points towards the wagon and shakes his head" is fine.
A gesture such as "Silence points towards the wagon as if to say he does not agree with it" is not.
If you break this restriction once or twice, I will warn you and delete the offending post.
If you break this restriction a third time, you will immediately die.

If you ever gain access to a neighborhood,
you will lose your post restriction.

You know that if the Party visits LUMINOUS, you will be freed of your post restriction.

Each night, you may cause yourself to be removed from the game for the night. You may not use this ability in LYLO.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: LIZA
PLAYER NAME - LIZA
A vigilante looking out for her friends
I was once young and niave.
Didn't you know that Shingrow Palace sponsors a Masked Martial Artist Tournament once a year?

You begin the game with every FIST TECHNIQUE.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: SHUZER
PLAYER NAME - SHUZER
A cyborg seeking only power
This is where you will die.
CLAWBIT

At any time, you may PM me and I will place a vote on a player anonymously--this vote will simply read 'BIT'.

FLAMETHROWER

If your CLAWBIT vote is currently submitted on a player, you may use this ability.

Each night, one member of the Black X faction may submit a factional kill in addition to any other abilities they use.
You may communicate with other members of Black X during all phases of the game via this PT: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=64884
You win when all threats to Black X are eliminated and at least one Black X player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Spoiler: BERVA
PLAYER NAME - BERVA
A fighter unrivaled by none but his own corruption
We could use someone like you in our army, heh.
Dream on, Punk!

You begin the game with the first FIST TECHNIQUE.

Berva Counter

If a player targets you at night, their action will fail and they will permanently take one less vote to lynch.

You may communicate with other members of Black X during all phases of the game via this PT: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=64884

Spoiler: METAL BLACK
PLAYER NAME - METAL BLACK
A robot samurai walking the line between duty and honor
You destroyed the base, I see. But can you beat me?
Dark Pheonix

Target a player. That player's night actions fail and they now permanently take one less vote to lynch.

Spoiler: CINDY CAMPBELL
PLAYER NAME - CINDY CAMPBELL
A woman who seeks to rule the world
We'll deal with anyone so long as they pay in advance.
Arachne

If killed or lynched, you will not die or flip your rolecard.
Instead, you will continue play (the respective day/night will end).

Evil Magic : Rava Shot

You may only use this ability if you have activated 'Arachne'.
If you perform the factional kill, it can not be protected against by normal means.
You can not be blocked while performing the factional kill.

Web

You may only use this ability if you have activated 'Arachne'.
Target five players. Their night actions fail.

Spoiler: GEN
PLAYER NAME - GEN
A wandering samurai seeking absolution
Lookin' for somethin', bud? Here, try some of this.
He used a steel pipe like a sword!

You begin the game with the first SWORD TECHNIQUE.

Saber Card... Saber Chamber... All right, I'll take you there.

You are the only person allowed to bring a Party to WAKATU.
You know that visting WAKATU can reward the entire Party with the Magic Ability : SABER CARD.

Yojimbo

Night Only; Target a player. If that player would die, they do not and you lose access to this ability.

Comet Blade

If you successfully save a player from death with your Yojimbo ability or
If you have joined the Party on at least three Adventures,
You gain access to the 'Comet Blade'.

Blizzard

Only usable if you have access to the Comet Blade, and only once per day.
Vote for a Player with the tag 'Blizzard: Player' to submit a vote on them and freeze their vote.

Moonlight Cut

Vote for a Player with the tag 'Moonlight Cut: Player' to cause that player to be unable to submit actions at night.

Tres Flores

Vote for a Player with the tag 'Tres Flores: Player' to cause that player to voted by you three times.
If a single player has been targeted by Blizzard, Moonlight Cut, and Tres Flores in one day phase, that player dies.
This special effect does not end the day and it may only be used once per day phase.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: ROUFAS (JOKER FAKECLAIM)
PLAYER NAME - ROUFAS
A vigilante seeking justice at any price
Victory is the mark of a real man!
We are members of the secret society, Gradius

We do what the Patrol can't.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: RABBIT (SHUZER FAKECLAIM)
PLAYER NAME - RABBIT
A strange little robot seeking a master
CLAWBIT

FLAMETHROWER

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: FEI ON (BERVA FAKECLAIM)
PLAYER NAME - FEI ON
A martial artist perfecting his craft
It's really dangerous ahead.
I am prepared!

You begin the game with the first FIST TECHNIQUE.

Swayback

If a player targets you at night, their action will fail and they will permanently take one less vote to lynch.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: ZOZMA (METAL BLACK FAKECLAIM)
PLAYER NAME - ZOZMA
A mystic on the run
This should be interesting.
Evil Magic : Pain Doubler

Target a player. That player's night actions fail and they now permanently take one less vote to lynch.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: LEONARD (CINDY CAMPBELL FAKECLAIM)
PLAYER NAME - LEONARD
A man seeking to become a machine
The food here is good.
I see your original core is quite different from your present body type.

If killed or lynched, you will not flip and will instead lose this ability to gain access to the following:

Plural Slash

Target five players. Their night actions fail.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: ROUFAS (JOKER FAKECLAIM)
PLAYER NAME - ROUFAS
A vigilante seeking justice at any price
Victory is the mark of a real man!
We are members of the secret society, Gradius

We do what the Patrol can't.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Spoiler: VIRGIL (ORLOUGE FAKECLAIM)
PLAYER NAME - VIRGIL
A mystic who finds amusement in watching fate unfurl
This should be lots of fun!
Don't you know I am Virgil, the Ring Lord?

You may not be killed during day or night.

Fade to Sepia. The End.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10310 (isolation #240) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Varsoon »

NIGHT 1 ACTIONS:

Drixx's Adventure in Luminous cures EP of his post restriction.
Sensei's party is Drunken Pirates, Rylai & Lina, Diamond Sentinel, and Drixx.
Yosarian survives the night and gains access to his first ring.

GaleWingSrock blocks Yosarian2 and causes Yosarian2 to take one vote less to lynch permanently -- Success.
MaxwellPluckett blocks Lowkey, DrunkenPirates, The Cool Cucumbers, and Diamond Sentinel -- Success on all but DiamondSentinel.
Rylai & Lina block DrippingGoofball from using non-killing actions -- Failure, R&L now take 1 less vote to lynch.
Itlepip blocks DiamondSentinel and causes him to take 1 less vote to lynch during D2 -- Failure due to ascetic.
GaleWingSrock scum-kills ErrantParabola -- Success
Itlepip neighborizes Fluminator -- Success, gains Light Magic
Albert B. Rampage protects himself with Glass Shield -- Success
DiamondSentinel murders MaxwellPuckett -- Success
The Cool Cucumbers treestump Drunken Pirates -- Failure due to being blocked.
ZZZX watches Sensei -- Success, no one visited Sensei.

NIGHT 2 ACTIONS:

Rylai and Lina learns Reaction Shot
Drixx learns Heaven/Hell
Sensei learns Heaven/Hell
Drunken Pirates learns Dodge Drain
Sensei receives USELESS ORNAMENTAL RING (Baccarat)
Drixx, Sensei, Rylai & Lina, and Drunken Pirates learn REGION information from BACCARAT.
Sensei chooses his party as Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, Rylai & Lina, and Drixx
Yosarian survives the night and gains access to the next ring!

Itlepip blocks Zulfy and causes him to take 1 less vote to lynch during D3 -- Success
Rylai and Lina use Stun Shot on Zulfy -- Success
Yosarian2 uses the Guardian Ring to make all Players Bulletproof for the night -- Success
Fluminator uses Metal Black's soul to make themselves protected for the night -- Success
Albert B. Rampage protects Yosarian2 -- Success
CoolCucumbers stumps Itlepip -- Success
Dripping Goofball kills Drixx -- Failure due to Yosarian's Ring
Itlepip neighborizes Sensei -- Failure due to death
ZZZX tracks DrippingGoofball -- Failure, DGB's power also causes ZZZX takes one less vote to lynch.

NIGHT 3 ACTIONS:

Yosarian survives the night and gains his fourth ring.
The Cool Cucumbers has no active or passive abilities for the night.
Albert B. Rampage has no active or passive abilities for the night.
Sensei picks his party: Klingon, Zulfy, Flum, ZZZX
Sensei sparks Deflect
Shiro sparks Quick Draw
Yosarian2 sparks Double Slash
Drixx sparks Deflect

Klingoncelt kills ZZZX -- Success
Skybird blocks DrippingGoofball and causes him to take 1 less vote to lynch during D4 -- Failure, DGB's power also causes Skybird to take one less vote to lynch.
ZZZX rolecops Shiro -- Failure due to death

NIGHT 4 ACTIONS:

Albert B. Rampage picks his party: Yosarian, Drixx, Klingoncelt, Lowkey
Sensei sparks Rosario Impale
Klingoncelt sparks Dodge Drain
Fluminator sparks Double Slash
Zulfy sparks Stun Shot
Yosarian survives the night and gains his fifth ring.

Shiro activates Reaction Shot -- Success
Skybird blocks Sensei and causes him to take 1 less vote to lynch during D4 -- Success
Sensei uses Deflect to protect Drixx -- Failure, Skybird blocked Sensei
Albert B. Rampage protects Yosarian2 -- Success
Drixx uses Heaven/Hell to kill Zulfy -- Success
Klingoncelt kills Skybird -- Success

NIGHT 5 ACTIONS:

Drunken Pirates picks their party: Sensei, Klingoncelt, Lowkey, and Drixx
Yosarian2 survives the night and gains his sixth ring (HEALER).
Albert B. Rampage sparks Sliding
Albert B. Rampage gives up his Golden Ingot to spark Suplex
Yosarian2 sparks Sliding
Yosarian2 gives up his Golden Ingot to spark Suplex
Drixx sparks Rosario Impale
Drixx gives up his Golden Ingot to spark Life Sprinkler
Lowkey sparks Dodge Drain
Klingoncelt sparks Dodge Net

Yosarian2 uses the Merchant Ring, causing all other non-killing night actions to fail--success
Albert B. Rampage protects Drixx--Failure, Merchant Ring
Sensei uses Deflect to protect Drixx--Failure, Merchant Ring
Drixx uses Deflect to protect Sensei--Failure, Merchant Ring
Klingoncelt kills Drixx--Success
The Cool Cucumbers treestumps Fluminator--Success

DAY 6 ACTIONS:

Klingoncelt actives Hide Rune at daystart.
Albert B. Rampage activates Hide Rune at post 9381 (11:33 PM)
Yosarian uses the Healer Ring (indicated by modpost)
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10311 (isolation #241) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Varsoon »

If a party was ever incapable of visiting a Region, they would be informed that they need to pick a different Region to visit.
Regions can only be visited once unless otherwise noted. In the case of Regions that need an item for their main Payout (Baccarat, for example), they can be visited until the payout is given.

LUMINOUS -
Spoiler:
Cures Silence of his Post Restriction, grants BLUE and ROUGE their light/shadow magic if they don't have it yet.

SHRIKE (Tomb of Sei) -
Spoiler:
Kusanagi; You may gain the next sword technique you qualify for and your vote is always a double vote--any effects that 'upgrade' your vote upgrade it from this point.

SHRIKE (Tomb of Mu) -
Spoiler:
VICTORY RUNE for all party members; Can be used to gain triggered double-voting.

SHRIKE (Bio Research Lab) -
Spoiler:
Whole party gets 'Cotton' on team (one player can control a puppet vote/slot a la that fucking dumb dragon role I made for Suikoden mafia)/One member gets SPRIGGAN SUIT - Player becomes Deathproof.

FASCINATURU -
Spoiler:
THE ASURA: Owning THE ASURA causes you to require three less votes to lynch. You gain the ability to Kill at night--if another player would kill you while performing this kill, you instead reflexively kill that player.
THE TAO-TIEH PATTERN: Owning THE TAO-TIEH PATTERN causes you to require two less votes to lynch. Your other night abilities will always resolve in the same way that two Party Members targeting a player does--nothing can block them or prevent them from happening.
THE SHADE ROBE: Owning THE SHADE ROBE causes you to require one less vote to lynch. You gain a one-shot activated night ability: You may cause yourself to be removed from the game during the night of use, becoming unable to affect or be effected by anything else in the game during this time.
THE SAND VESSEL: Owning THE SAND VESSEL causes you to require one less vote to lynch. You will gain exclusive knowledge of a character-specific region award AND you will be eligible for a specific region award that are both tied to visiting MOSPERIBURG. You also gain One-shot immunity to being treestumped and another One-shot activated night power to cause another player's non-killing night action to fail.

SCRAP -
Spoiler:
All party members become fruit vendors, visiting allows RETURN TO SCRAP

SCRAP (RETURN) -
Spoiler:
The whole party grinds dem lizards for better gear; Every player requires 1 more vote to lynch and gains 1x bulletproof. If you are a fruit vendor, you may gain a free gun, sword, fist, or dodge ability.

KOORONG -
Spoiler:
All party members get the 'Hide Rune': Once per game, you may use this ability to become an ineligible target for any action that targets a single player (this includes TECHNIQUES such as DOUBLE SLASH). Any vote submitted against you will also not be counted. This effect will last until an action that you submit resolves, you vote another player, or a night phase ends.

DEVIN -
Spoiler:
Each party members will learn what 1 different quest location will yeild--each member is informed privately of a different quest location.

TANZER -
Spoiler:
If any party member has a Rune, the party is forced to go to Tanzer (sucks to suck) and they get the VITALITY RUNE; Removes any changes to how many votes it takes to lynch you. TANZER can only be visited once, ever.

YORKLAND -
Spoiler:
GRAIL CARD; You may remove all negative effects from a player (does not affect Treestump).

BACCARAT -
Spoiler:
Party is informed that they can go to Nelson to get GOLD NUGGETS. Must have GOLD NUGGET to gain GOLD CARD; You may target a player to keep them from taking any night/day actions other than voting and killing.

WAKATU -
Spoiler:
Can only visit if GEN is in the Party. SWORD CARD; You may target a player to cause a 'SWORD' vote to permanently affect them until you remove it.

MOSPERIBURG -
Spoiler:
The party may vote to collectively free a player from being Treestumped. If BLUE/ROUGE are on the party, they may obtain TIME magic if they qualify for it. If RIKI is on the team and the team collectively has 10 Techniques, Ring Lord is impressed and they all count as having 'won' the game. They may then 'double win' the game because probably-bastard setup yay

NELSON -
Spoiler:
Every player gets 'GOLD NUGGET'. If the players visit BACCARAT with the Gold Nugget, gnome grants them GOLD CARD. If players visit KOORONG with GOLD NUGGETS, they may sell them in order to gain a gun, sword, fist, or dodge technique. You may visit Nelson and gain Nuggets infinite times.

IRPO -
Spoiler:
Can only visit with another IRPO agent (Fuse, Cotton, Red, Silence). SHIELD CARD; Target a player other than self to make them take 1 more vote to lynch.

DESPAIR -
Spoiler:
Can only visit with an ex-con (Amelia, Annie, Liza). FREEDOM RUNE; Target player (including self) can not be stopped/blocked directly and always has access to their singe vote.

MAGIC KINGDOM -
Spoiler:
May not visit if BLUE or ROUGE is on the party. Party gains Energy Chain without the roleblocking part.

MANHATTAN -
Spoiler:
There ain't dick in Manhattan. You wasted your time, homie.

SHINGROW -
Spoiler:
One party member gains 1x Gladiate
Last edited by Varsoon on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10328 (isolation #242) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 10315, Drixx wrote:Varsoon. I sincerely dislike you
a lot
right now for probably permanently pushing third party roles back into Policy Lynch territory. Interesting role for sure. Making it cost town the game makes it a junk role that gets added to the rest of the junk neutral roles that make all 3rd parties policy lynches. I get trying to avoid being in a rut as far as "mod meta" goes and such, but you just ensured anyone who is aware or becomes aware of this game will view any 3rd party claim as something that has to be lynched on the spot for the foreseeable future.

Apologies, man.
I wanted to go against established mod meta trends a lot in this game;
All of the 'main characters' of the game were flavor-written as town because I made such an issue about it before.
Third party were all anti-town (except for Riki, I guess) because I have been actively making pro-town third party as of late.
Things like that.

In regards to the whole "But Orlouge should have to kill Nusakan!"
By design, Orlouge was always meant meant to only have to kill town's targeted killing roles. I intended for him to have to kill, lynch, or stump all of the Scum Team, Joker, and Red, Gen, Blue, Rouge, and/or Asellus depending on if they had access to their targeted killing abilities. Nusakan was never an intended target for Orlouge's wincon. If anything, he was a red herring for Orlouge to treestump early-on in the case of a claim, because Orlouge could stump Nusakan with no consequence. This was built into the setup as counter to Nusakan's strong role, just as Joker's kill wouldn't activate the reactive shot.

By design, ROSARIO IMPALE was always meant to kill anyone that could cause another player to die via an ability that said 'kill' in it. This is VERY different from how Orlouge's wincon works--Orlouge's Wincon cares only about players who have access to role-related targeted, activated kills. ROSARIO IMPALE doesn't make any of those distinctions, because if it did, it'd be far more broken than it already is.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10335 (isolation #243) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I want to apologize for the modkill that was made to Spifflop's slot.
Hiplop accidentally posted their entire role PM for this game in the scum PT for my STEVEN UNIVERSE PREQUEL game.
Frozen Angel was scum in that game and saw the role PM when it was posted.
This was an honest mistake on Hiplop's part, but I had to handle the issue the way I did because handling it publicly would circumstantially out Frozen Angel in both games, causing a lot more issues than just a single modkill with no explanation.

There was another error made in the game; I recorded Diamond Sentinel's nightkill incorrectly early on.
The intended target, I believe, was ABR, but I had it recorded as Maxwell.
There was a lot of pressure to resolve night actions and open the game; I should have triple-checked the final actions submitted, but I did not.
I made a similar mistake (misrecorded action) in Steven Universe - The Prequel, which I feel a great deal of shame for.
I feel as though I failed my players, and for this reason, I will likely only be modding a single game at any given time in the future.
Two games are too much for me to reliably keep up with and running two games side by side led to both a modkill and two mod errors--mistakes that were never made when running just one game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10340 (isolation #244) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 10330, Albert B. Rampage wrote:The way Varsoon wrote Orlouge's role PM doesn't support the endgame situation imo.

Robbed everyone of a legitimate win.

Read the mod note. If I could have written, in Orlouge's role, "You also need to kill Asellus, Rouge, Blue, Gen, and Red," I would have written that.
Yes, there was a deal of confusion over Orlouge's wincon. You can follow the discussion over it in The Cool Cucumbers' hydra PT.

I apologize if you feel the game is cheapened by the results.
To be fair, you all should have lost to Klingoncelt anyway, who could have sparked Double Slash and immediately ended the game today.
This stopped being a town win the second town collapsed in on itself.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10341 (isolation #245) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Look, yeah, I definitely fucked up the specificity of a lot of things in this game, including Orlouge's wincon.
Fuck me, I guess.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10352 (isolation #246) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I won't be including a third party role with a similar wincon in any of my future games, that's for sure.

To be honest, this game was never intended to be balanced, or even non-bastard. I was fully surprised when I realized the finalized setup was, by the site's definition, non-bastard.
I literally shotgunned the game through review with Cheetory6 because I wanted it to have several roles with tons of power that could easily backfire or cause lots of swing.
Here are some illuminating excerpts from the review with Cheetory6:

C: I think my biggest concerns are just with how easy it will potentially be to achieve lynches and that it's not incredibly clear what abilities take precedence over one another.
V: Also, yes, I totally want to enable lynches like mad in this game.
I WANT SINGLE PLAYERS TO BECOME SO POWERFUL THEY CAN JUST FUCKIN LIKE INSTANT LYNCH SOMEONE
BUT THEN THEY HAVE TO STOP THAT SHIT AND THINK "IS THIS GONNA ACTUALLY WIN THE GAME OR WILL I DOOM US?"
AND IT WILL BE THE MOST INTERESTING GAME OF MAFIA EVER RUN EVER

C: [Does Orlouge] steal the win or exit the game as a winner? Can they win with town without having achieved this?
V: Charm Lord Orlouge's wincon ends the game, yeah. He's third party. He has to treestump, lynch, or otherwise see that all FACTIONAL and game-start killing roles are out of the game. Town can never win with him because he's one of their opponents.

C: Do they steal the win or exit the game as a winner? Can they win with town without having achieved this?
V: Riki is announced as winning the game, with full-on end-game flavor, but the the Ring Lord Vergil decides it'd be more entertaining to also watch the remaining players continue to play. So, Riki gets to stay in the game and potentially win twice.

C: Is [Space Magic : Vortex] easy to get? o.o
Does it literally affect everyone and prevent them from ever using any abilities ever again or does it just get rid of everything they've learned?
V: I'm thinking that Vortex removes all abilities that players currently have (with exception of factional abilities), but players can still learn new things. I think I may add some caveats to this; such as that it does not affect any adventuring rewards (but it would still affect techniques sparked). The other big thing I want to add to this is that Vortex WILL NOT affect passive abilities.
But, yes, I want it to be equal in power to Overdrive. Wiping the PR slate clean is pretty high up there. The idea I have with OVERDRIVE and VORTEX is that they're both insanely strong but with enough swing to end the game in scum's favor. The idea is that such incredibly power has been gained, but it's too much power to be responsibly used by one player. :3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10360 (isolation #247) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I was also going to buy copies of SaGa Frontier for anyone who could play the game and wanted it.
Then I realized I don't have a job and I only have 10 dollars in my bank account.
So I guess no one gets any fabulous prizes. :/
That said, I really do suggest people check out the game. You can usually find it on Ebay or Amazon for about 20 to 30 bucks. Otherwise, it's incredibly easy to emulate Playstation 1 games one even run-of-the-mill laptops nowadays. If you're a fan of RPGs, it has a lot of fantastic elements to it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10363 (isolation #248) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 10359, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Varsoon, next game Shadowrun mafia? :D

I'm definitely scheming some mechanics for that, and with the success of the role-play mechanics here, they may see a return in Shadowrun Mafia.

That said, my next game is almost certainly a large theme Space Dandy 2 Mafia. I've got all of the mechanics hashed out and ready to ship, I just need to put it through some strident review to make sure that it all checks and balances. Trust, it'll be a fun game. 20 players, non-bastard, full-on Dandy.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10364 (isolation #249) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3
I really enjoyed the party mechanic and the adventures, myself.
Expect to see some iterations of that in future games.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10378 (isolation #250) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, on a more serious note, there were a TON of player on player issues.
There were several times when the ONLY reason that I didn't replace a player was because a force-replacement would cause more of a disruption to the game than the player's toxic behavior.

I know that Mafia can be an intense time--it's easy to say things like "Fuck this game, I'm just going to coast, you all suck" or "I hate you, you are a shit player" or whatever other sort of expletives, etc. The issue for me, as a moderator, is that I want to respect player's capacity to employ rhetoric. However, there's a clear line--you do not submit posts with the intent to insult, offend, or otherwise disparage your fellow player. You can swear and curse and talk shit about someone's play as much as you like. When you direct all that vitriol at a player--the person behind the screen--that's when it stops being okay.

That said, I have to balance all of that disruption with running a fluid game. I have to arbitrate and make sure that the game itself does not become compromised. There were times when I could justify force-replacing at least a fourth of this playerlist. I did not, because that would easily capsize the game and cause it to potentially be incapable of finishing. As a mod and a person who just wants everyone to be able to play competitively and have fun, it's incredibly stressful to have to arbitrate and dole out punishments that could very well ruin the game, if not just for a single player, for all players involved. There's a difficult line between player censorship and rules enforcement that I do not wish to test.

I just want to entreat people to direct their aggression accordingly in the future. I know that there are more draconic moderators on-site that would have brought some of the issues in this game up to a listmod for ban review. I did not want that sort of thing to happen. I still don't want it to happen. I think we're all mature and capable enough to meet at this digital space and play a few games of mafia together without souring our relationships to each other as people. I want to believe in that.

That said, I'm not going to have the same sort of patience for rules-breaking behavior in future games of mine. I like building rapport with my players and I tend to err on their behalf. I want my games to be welcoming of all players--I don't enforce blacklists or WotC. I let players resolve player on player issues amongst themselves. Despite all of this, I feel like I need to take more clear-cut action against players who are toxic.

All that aside, I had a lot of fun with this game and I really am grateful for everyone who played. <3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10384 (isolation #251) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, The Cool Cucumbers maneuvered themselves very well post-claim.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10386 (isolation #252) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think the multi-lynch suicide.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10420 (isolation #253) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

SOON.
ish.
Expect it within a week or two.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10472 (isolation #254) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

If Klingoncelt picked up Double Slash, she could have lynched Orlouge today, survived through the night, then won.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10517 (isolation #255) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10566 (isolation #256) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Did you guys check out the other abilities that BLUE, ROUGE, and ASELLUS would have gotten?
Also, the other adventure rewards were pretty great. :D
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10568 (isolation #257) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In particular, I like that Asellus' reward for hammering Lute is that she can confirm Lute as town.
Not totally useless if she got Riki's soul first and used it on Lute. :3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10571 (isolation #258) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Doesn't stop killing actions or votes, but will stop any other ability, and can be used during the day.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10586 (isolation #259) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah man you were supposed to save the day
you were supposed to be
A SUPER HERO

<3
If I ever buy SaGa Frontier for anyone
It'll be you, hiplop
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10650 (isolation #260) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 10376, Klingoncelt wrote:
Now all of you high-tail it over to the Scummies thread and fill out the forms to nominate Varsoon and this game for everything category!!!

One day, I'll get them 'noms. One day.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10652 (isolation #261) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Actually, I just checked and people have nom'd this game for a bunch'a stuff. I'm dumb; forgot they changed the system to a form this year.
I'm interested to see if I win anything from last year. :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10656 (isolation #262) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, seems like they're having some delays in writing it all out. I've been sick and not really doing much as of late, so I've refreshed it a bunch in vain hopes of seeing who wins what.

I'm thinking of hydra'ing up with I_Am_Not_Varsoon and getting down with the business.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10659 (isolation #263) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Different player and an IRL friend of mine.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10661 (isolation #264) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Howdy folks.
Space Dandy Mafia II is essentially finished and ready to ship. The issue I have now is that I need someone to sign off on it on review and I need a qualified backup mod. These could both just be any one qualified player (you must have modded another large game, I believe). If any of you folks can help me with this, we'll have Space Dandy Mafia in signups within 24 hours. If not, we'll have to wait until I can find a qualified reviewer who, hopefully, won't drag their feet.

I've also finished most of the drafting work for BLOODBORNE Mafia, but I will not be running it until after Space Dandy Mafia is underway or even complete. Expect the turnover for the one game into the other to be fairly quick, though.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10665 (isolation #265) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Cerb, you might find it far easier to play in the SPACE DANDY MAFIA II Large game due to this public mechanic that I'm revealing for the first time... RIGHT NOW:

HEY EVERETT, WHAT AM I LIKE IN YOUR WORLD?
Spoiler:
Space Dandy Mafia II is a 20 player game that will be played across two separate, private threads.
10 Players will begin the game in each 'Dimension', which will be private game threads.
There will also be a public game thread, but it will always be locked.
If a lynch happens in either Dimension, both Dimensions are locked and night phase begins.
Between these two Dimensions, the scum team will only be able to commit a single kill at night.
The Public Game Thread will be where all death flips and other public events are recorded and where players can see who, on the playerlist, is in each Dimension.
Players will have mechanical abilities to transfer themselves from one dimension to another. Transferring dimensions ALWAYS resolves last in NAR.

The short of it is that you'll actually always be, as far as the thread goes, playing a 10 player game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10670 (isolation #266) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

SPACE DANDY II is 100% ready to ship, just waiting on the review green-light and we're good to go.
I'm very excited to run this for you folks.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10673 (isolation #267) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

The reality is that Steven Universe owes a TON of its final setup design to the efforts of Borkjerfkin, whom is the moderator I have taken the most inspiration from on-site.

I built SaGa Frontier to see how well I could, with the understanding of balance garnered from SU Mafia and other games, make a setup that required less overhead between its initial proposal and its final incarnation. SaGa Frontier Mafia went through its review phase in roughly 2 days, whereas Steven Universe took an entire month.

That said, SaGa Frontier Mafia was also largely a test to see how much players would enjoy very complex role interactions and public mechanics. A lot of the design work that was proven successful in this game will be revisited in Bloodborne Mafia, although something VERY SIMILAR to the Main Character/Adventure Mechanic will be making a debut in Space Dandy Mafia.

Yeah, I remember Gale Wing Srock being blown away by their flavor-related entries upon recognizing that I had been building the flavor out of their own play and sensibilities. It was a really great moment of "Oh snap! The mod actually has been paying a ton of attention to my play and incorporating it into the flavor! Has he been doing that for everyone?!"
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10675 (isolation #268) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

So, here's the rub, folks;
I now have two completed setups that are just sitting around, waiting to be approved by my reviewers.
One setup is the Space Dandy Mafia setup that I have had ready to ship since Wednesday. This is the setup you folks have been /pre-inning to.
The other setup is a much more complex setup, Bloodborne Mafia.
Both of these setups are Large Theme games; Space Dandy is a 20 player game played across two 10 player games and Bloodborne is a 21 player game with a very high number of private PTs.

I want to run both of these setups.
Ideally, I'd just run them both simultaneously.
That said, I do not trust myself to run two games of this size at the same time.
Furthermore, I know it would be a large strain on all of you to play in two games at once and I don't want you guys to miss out on the chance to experience both of these games.

So, here's my conclusion--I'm likely going to be running the Space Dandy game first, because it was one I was advertising.
However, I will also hold a popular vote here.
If more people want to play the Bloodborne setup, then I will be running that Setup first.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10683 (isolation #269) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:31 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm quite excited to run both.
I'm tempted to post the entire advert pages now, even though I know one of 'em won't be run until the other is done.
Would you guys like to see the advertisement pages/full public mechanics for these games?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10684 (isolation #270) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You'll notice that the Adventure/Main Character mechanic has undergone some tweaks--you'll now get to be the captain of the Aloha Oe!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10689 (isolation #271) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

Looks like we're gonna have a Dandy Time... In Space.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10692 (isolation #272) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I came up with better mechanics for other games.
In a lot of ways, the mechanics in these upcoming games work as a test for various mechanics that I want to be in Undertale Mafia but I'm unsure about.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10694 (isolation #273) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Same thing.
Bloodborne's purchasing and adventure mechanics, and how well they play out, play heavily into the Shadowrun 'Running' mechanics.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10696 (isolation #274) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yes, in a very big way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10699 (isolation #275) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, I do?
Rad, thanks for the heads up.
Traversing Dimensions will be heavily tied to the crew of the Aloha Oe. It won't be so easy for the entire thread to just hop away.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10700 (isolation #276) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You sure you want to see the Bloodborne setup's public mechanics?
It's... pretty nuts. Like, a TON of information to take it, and it won't be useful until I run the game, which could well be weeks or months out from now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10701 (isolation #277) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Alright, I've gotten some interest in this, so here goes the public mechanics for Bloodborne Mafia.
Keep in mind, the setup is still in review, so these mechanics may be subject to change.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10702 (isolation #278) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

WHAT IS 'BLOODBORNE'?
Spoiler:
Hunt your Nightmares. Face your fears in this ancient city where danger, death, and madness lurk around every corner, and uncover the city's darkest secrets in order to survive.

Bloodborne is a 2015 action-adventure video game for the Playstation 4 entertainment system. In Bloodborne, the player arrives in Yharnam, home of blood healing, in order to receive treatment. However, the player soon realizes that Yharnam is overrun with beasts and, even worse, they are trapped in a reality called "The Hunter's Dream." So long as the player is trapped in this dream, they do not die, but they also will never be free of the hunt and the beasts of Yharnam. Bloodborne is a spiritual sequel to FROMSoftware's previous titles, Demons' Souls and Dark Souls, and while it takes several thematic and gameplay queues from these games, it stands alone as the company's magnum opus. Bloodborne is a darkly enchanting adventure through the beautifully rendered gothic streets of Yharnam, a city that has fallen to the madness of men and beasts alike.

The goal of this Mafia game is to reproduce the tragic struggle and overwhelming tension of Bloodborne and render its various core elements into Mafia mechanics. I will be incorporating both public and private mechanics that may be very reminiscent of previous games I have modded, which largely served as a testing grounds for those mechanics. Furthermore, this game may be the most mechanically overwhelming of any game I have run so far. This game will require its players to consider several avenues of play based on both private and public mechanics. Due to the overwhelming 'moving parts' of this setup, it may be hard to ever truly evaluate it for balance. My focus in this game was primarily on creating a set of both private public mechanics that drove player interest rather than singular, private roles. I hope that you will enjoy playing and reading Bloodborne Mafia. Bloodborne is one of my favorite video games of all time--I love Bloodborne and I love MafiaScum; I hope to share my passion for both through this game.

WHAT IS A 'VARSOON GAME'? WHAT SORT OF GAME SHOULD I EXPECT HERE?
Spoiler:
Bloodborne Mafia will be a 21 player Large Theme with very a large amount of public and private game mechanics, complete with substantial flavor compared to previous games that I have run.

As a moderator with a deep passion for rhetoric, expect a game with mechanics that will always supplement the rhetoric of the game rather than the usual sort of roles that are supplemented by rhetoric. My games are typical Role Madness games--I like to give every player some sort of unique 'something' to play with in tandem with the actual game. I try to include very engaging public mechanics in order to retain player interest, which can be a difficult thing to do in the Large games that I like to run.

'Varsoon Games' are typically characterized by heavy flavor, high quality moderation, and unpredictable yet satisfying mechanics. I am very cognizant of my moderator meta and I constantly keep even seasoned fans on their toes. I have achieved a Master's Degree in writing Fiction; I enjoy writing involved flavor that reflects the sensibilities of players and the game state while not revealing anything that would give a mechanical advantage. I also take Mafia very seriously; I spend over 8 hours a day with access to the site, always with a tab open, refreshing my games, re-reading them, and so on--even when I worked full time and went to college, I accomplished this endeavor. For me, Mafia is a labor of love and a full-time job. I want to deliver the quality experience that I came to love on this site. My games, hopefully, represent that.

As far as moderation goes, I see online Mafia moderation the same way I do moderating a face-to-face game with my friends. I am here to ensure all of my friends and guests have a fun time playing a game we all enjoy. That said, Mafia does get intense. Mafia is psychological. Mafia can feature very aggressive rhetoric. We lynch people here. I love those aspects of the game, and I want them to be in a game, although they will always run risk of ruining the experience for some players. I am far less draconic in my moderation than other moderators. I will always err on the side of the player. That said, I have no patience for players who do break the rules. Do not play my game if you are habitually in trouble with moderators and other players. I'll do everything I can to keep you in-game and having a fun time, but if you cross the line and it's clear you intentionally broke a rule, I will have no mercy in my judgment.

I do not enforce Blacklists, Wisdom of the Crowds, Wisdom of the One, or any similar requests to prohibit players from playing. The only players not welcome in my games are banned players. Do not ask me to prohibit a player from joining for personal reasons; I will never do so unless they currently have a ban or restriction. Everyone is welcome at my table. If you have a personal problem with a player, come to a happy agreement with them before creating drama in my signup thread or in my game. If you absolutely can't play with someone else, do not sign up for a game of mine if they are in the player list. If you do, I will allow you in, but don't think I'm going to shunt the other player because of your personal issues. I want everyone to get together and have fun here. I fully support even bitter rivals playing at the same table and learning to overcome their own differences in order to have fun with something we all enjoy.

PUBLIC MECHANICS MAKING A DEBUT IN BLOODBORNE MAFIA:

JUST GO OUT AND KILL A FEW BEASTS. IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.
Spoiler:
Several of the unique mechanics in Bloodborne Mafia will refer to a player being 'Slain'.
Any successfully resolved kill or a lynch will result in a player being 'Slain'--this does not necessarily mean that the player is dead, merely that the kill or lynch was successful. In most cases, Slain players will remain dead.
All players that were on a wagon that led to a player being 'Slain' and all players that submitted a kill against a player the night that the player is killed will be rewarded as if they have 'Slain' a player.

OVER TIME, COUNTLESS HUNTERS HAVE VISITED THIS DREAM.
Spoiler:
This game will feature several Private Topics that will be referred to as 'NIGHTMARE PTs'.
Every Nightmare PT will have a 'Host' player that can always view the PT and will be capable of inviting new players.
The Host of the Nightmare PT will be private information and the Host themselves may not post in their Nightmare PT unless they invite themselves to it.
Nightmare PTs MUST contain the Host as an invited target if they ever exceed 3 members.
Nightmare PTs may have events that are triggered by the Host of those Nightmares.
Nightmare PTs persist after the Host is slain.
Nightmare PTs allow dead members to continue to communicate after death.
Nightmare PTs all allow for NIGHTMARE EVENTS that are flavor-heavy actions that will affect all members of their respective Nightmare PT.

THE MESSENGERS FIND HUNTERS LIKE YOURSELF, WORSHIP, AND SERVE THEM.
Spoiler:
During the Night Phase, every single player has the ability to privately send a single, anonymous message to another target player.
You may indicate your identity in these messages or even lie about your identity--I will be the one delivering the message, though.
This ability may be used in addition to any other abilities used and may not be affected by any other abilities in the game.
There is no dead thread in Bloodborne Mafia.
Even if a player is dead, they may still send these messages, even from the grave.

THE FIRST HUNTER OF THE HEALING CHURCH ONCE RECRUITED YHARNAMITES TO SERVE AS HUNTERS.

Spoiler:
The game will begin with a predetermined 'Master of the Hunt'.
During each day phase, all players in the game may vote for a player to be the next 'Master of the Hunt'.
Any mechanic that affects voting does not affect voting towards electing the next 'Master of the Hunt'.
In order to submit a vote for the next Master of the Hunt, use the bolded tag [HUNTMASTER VOTE: Player Name].
Whenever the day phase ends, whichever player has the most votes will be the next Master of the Hunt.
In the case of a tie, the previous Master of the Hunt will remain Master of the Hunt.
Being Master of the Hunt confers a handful of mechanical benefits:
Unlike the Adventure Mechanic in my previous game, being Master of the Hunt confers absolutely no protective bonuses.
The game is balanced around the Master of the Hunt being a high-priority target.
During the Night that he is elected, the Master of the Hunt may select a Chalice Dungeon to investigate.
During the Night that he is elected, the Master of the Hunt may select up to three other players to join him in investigating the Chalice Dungeon.
The Master of the Hunt may choose no players to join him, but doing so may render him unable to defeat the Chalice Dungeon.
The Master of the Hunt may choose to pursue no Chalice Dungeon at all--he may still rally a party regardless.
The Hunter's Party, the chosen Chalice Ritual, and the Master of the Hunt will always be public information.
The Hunter's Party and the Master of the Hunt will be granted a private topic to chat in during all game phases.
This private topic will be locked if any member of the Hunter's Party changes.
This private topic will be locked if Master of the Hunt dies or changes.

IF THE BEASTS LOOM LARGE, AND THREATEN TO CRUSH YOUR SPIRITS, SEEK THE HOLY CHALICE.
Spoiler:
Chalice Dungeons are ancient tombs that the Master of the Hunt and his Hunting Party may investigate.
Chalice Dungeons all have a depth rating; the higher the Depth Rating, the more dangerous and rewarding the Dungeon.
Chalice Dungeons may only be successfully cleared a single time. A failed Chalice Dungeon may be revisited, however.
During the Night after The Hunter's Party has been selected, the Master of the Hunt and all members of the Hunter's Party will enter the chosen Chalice Dungeon.
The Hunter's Party will be assigned a 'LineUp' with the Master of the Hunt in the 'front' and the other players proceeding in an order chosen by the Master of the Hunt.
Certain events in the Chalice Dungeons will affect different members of the LineUp.
The Chalice Dungeon will feature role-play heavy events, complete with a boss encounter.
The events in the Chalice Dungeons will always happen regardless of the role-play flavor.
The events in the Chalice Dungeons will always be detrimental to the players involved.
The Master of the Hunt may always 'back out' when faced with the detrimental effects of the Events or Bosses.
Every Chalice Dungeon will culminate in a Boss encounter.
If all of the players involved can muster enough votes, they will slay the boss.
Slaying a boss will reward all involved players adequately.
The Master of the Hunt will always receive a more potent reward.
If the boss is not slain, all players are simply given a lesser reward.
If the boss is slain, a new Chalice Dungeon will appear with more difficult challenges and more rewarding payouts.

MAKING CONTACT WITH ELDRITCH WISDOM IS A BLESSING.
Spoiler:
Throughout the game, players may earn a resource called 'Insight'.
Town-aligned players will earn Insight from slaying scum players.
Scum-aligned players will have a different, hidden means of earning Insight.
All players may earn Insight from various events in the game.
Insight may be spent to purchase a large variety of both public and private rewards, ranging from one-shot powers to permanent passive abilities.
Insight is spent privately, during any phase of the game, so long as the player has enough Insight to purchase what they want.
A player may also simply hold onto their Insight, effectively 'banking' it.
Depending on how much Insight is banked, a player will have access to a number of public mechanics.
There will also be several detrimental mechanics designed to punish those who bank their Insight.

THE DISCOVERY OF BLOOD ENTAILED THE DISCOVERY OF UNDESIRABLE BEASTS.
Spoiler:
Some players will not earn Insight.
Instead, these players will earn a resource called 'Beasthood'.
Beasthood is earned by slaying town players.
Beasthood may be spent in several ways, all of which will be unique to the player themselves.
There are several mechanics in the game designed to be a detriment to players who can carry Beasthood.

WE ARE BORN OF THE BLOOD, MADE MEN BY THE BLOOD, UNDONE BY THE BLOOD.
Spoiler:
Every single role in the game has an assigned 'Blood Echoes' value.
Upon being slain, the dead player will reward Blood Echoes to all of the players involved in slaying them.
Blood Echoes are a resource that exists solely to be spent.
There are two ways that Blood Echoes may be spent.
Blood Echoes may be spent on private rewards, tied to a player's role.
Any time a player has enough Blood Echoes to make a purchase privately, they may do so.
Blood Echoes may be spent to purchase various weapons, armor, tools, and consumables from a public Bath Messenger store.
Any time a player has enough Blood Echoes to make a public purchase, they must do so in the game thread, during the Day Phase.
Public Purchases are made on a single line of their own, with the bolded tag
PURCHASE: [ITEM NAME]
Whenever a non-consumable item is purchased publicly, it is removed from the Bath Messenger store forever.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10705 (isolation #279) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:30 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm not currently accepting pre-ins for it, since it's so far out. Once Space Dandy starts to wrap up, I'll probably do so.

Right now, I'm making extra sure that the Blood Echo rewards and costs are balanced. They're pretty close to what I want, but it can be difficult to assign a 'value' to certain mechanics. It really becomes a game of, "Okay, I want players to, on average, get access to purchasing these mechanics during this day..."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10707 (isolation #280) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

But I have drafted all the role PMs in their final iterations, I've done a lot of the checks and balances on it that I can do on my own, I've designed all the Chalice Dungeons, I've written up a lot of the pre-written flavor, and I've got the entire Insight and Blood Echo stores practically finalized.

Right now, I'm hoping my reviewer (Aeronaut) can help me balance out some of the sheer hugeness of the game in terms of 'moving parts' such that no one slot gets totally out of hand too fast to be dealt with. Furthermore, I need to be very precise with the Blood Echo rewards and costs, and while I have a functional and good-looking set of values for them right now, there may be some tweaks to make going forward. A good deal of the work I'm doing between now and launch will be playing through the game again in order to stock images for every possible flavor scenario.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10715 (isolation #281) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I've got some fun stuff planned for Wakfu mafia. :3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10717 (isolation #282) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Wakfu was originally a MMORPG, but it was given an animated series that was more popular than the MMO.
I'd be basing the game around the animated series;

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10718 (isolation #283) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

The entire series is also on Netflix right now.
I'd recommend the original French dub, as the English dub really messes up a lot of the voices, imo.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10722 (isolation #284) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's a good game!
Unless you really want to swag it up with the Threaded Cane or cheese enemies with the Hunter's Axe, I highly suggest getting the Saw Cleaver as your starting weapon. It is easily one of the most useful weapons in the game due to its fast attacks, great range, and serration bonus damage against beasts.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10724 (isolation #285) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

Threaded Cane is still a very good weapon--all the starting ones are. Keep in mind that its transformed state does boast serrated damage, which will do extra damage to beast enemies. Pretty much all the enemies in the game are beasts enemies, too. :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10726 (isolation #286) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10727 (isolation #287) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Varsoon »

Space Dandy II has gone into signups, folks:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65769
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10729 (isolation #288) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, almost every build can really benefit from about 20 Endurance and at least 20 to 30 Vitality.
You really only need to take your Strength and Skill up the the minimum amount to use whatever weapon you want.
If you're building for Bloodtinge, take it to 50. Guns typically scale with more damage from Bloodtinge, and some weapons have a trick form that scales from Bloodtinge.
If you're building for Arcane, take it up to 50. Most weapons DON'T scale with Arcane well, but if you ever change a weapon's damage type to doing non-physical damage (later in the game, you can alter weapons with Blood Gems that you 'slot' into them) then the non-physical damage will scale with your Arcane Slot.

Whatever you decide to be your 'primary' stat out of STR, SKL, ARCANE, or BLOODTINGE, take it up to 50. Going beyond 50 starts to give diminishing returns.
I typically go up to 20 VIT, 20 END, then take up my 'primary' stat to 50, then start upgrading VIT to 50 as well.

STR builds use big, crushing weapons focused on singular, strong attacks.
SKL builds use fast-striking weapons focused on several smaller attacks.
BLOODTINGE builds focus on powering up their guns and various ranged attacks and typically make use of 'bloody' weapons that can drain the user's health.
ARCANE builds focus on non-physical damage and can make use of almost all weapons but Bloodtinge ones--they also get to use the various 'Hunters Tools' which double as spells with Quicksilver bullet costs. These spells are very useful for ranged damage.

I typically like to take my ARCANE up to 15 just to use the Old Hunter's Bone (gives you a better dodge) and the Empty Phantasm Shell (which enchants a physical weapon with flat Arcane damage).

If you're not taking advantage of Blood Bullets, I suggest doing so. Click UP on the directional pad and you'll hurt yourself for a little less than what a single vial heals you for. You can actually hit an enemy after this effect to 'rally' back most of the health you lost. Doing so will give you 5 'Blood Bullets' that function as Quicksilver Bullets. You can do this so long as you have health, so, if you use all 20 vials, you can essentially get upwards of 120 bullets within one respawn. This is VERY useful for any build that relies on bullets, but it can also be a good way to help manage your Quicksilver Bullet resource.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10730 (isolation #289) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

One thing to keep in mind is that every single weapon is viable and that you'll eventually be able to purchase Bloodstone Shards and even Twin Bloodstone Shards. Don't upgrade a weapon you might not use with Bloodstone Chunks, since those are much harder to amass. If you've got the DLC, you can feasibly get about four weapons to +10 before the end of the game. You only get a single Blood Rock in the game, a single Blood Rock in the DLC, and you can spend 60 Insight to buy Blood Rocks near the end of the game.

Otherwise, upgrading weapons is a fantastic way to deal more damage and is typically much better than simply upgrading your stats.
Also, Blood Gems make a massive difference in weapon performance, possibly giving you at least three times as much damage.
For this reason, Chalice Dungeons are important--they reward the best Blood Gems in the game.

Your armor sets don't matter as much. The difference of 'gearing up' for a specific defense only gives you a handful of extra points. Just wear what you think looks cool.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10731 (isolation #290) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

Remember to check your shops (both the Bath Messenger and Insight shop) periodically--obtaining different 'Badges' will give you more items in the Bath Messenger shop and defeating different bosses will give you different items in the Insight Shop. You can usually buy the outfits of various hunters you defeat from the Insight shop. :D
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10733 (isolation #291) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Varsoon »

...when you say 'First Boss', which boss do you mean? There are two different bosses you can go to at the starting area.

One VERY IMPORTANT feature of Bloodborne is to play aggressively. Almost every boss (and enemy!) relies on you being too scared to stay up close to them. Most enemies swing attacks in wide, long-reaching arcs or can pulverize you from far away, making staying back more dangerous for many reasons. Furthermore, the AI is built to punish using items and healing, so 'falling back' to heal is far more dangerous than dodging an attack and healing while the enemy is floundering.

It's also important to 'Rally'--whenever you get damaged, you can restore a large part of that health by attacking enemies. You can even 'Rally' off of an enemy for a second or two after you've killed it, although cleaving up corpses is a bit bloodthirsty. I guess that's the point! :P

Also; use Molotovs! They do really great damage to beasts. :D
Of course, they are a pretty limited resource. :P

And exploration is always rewarded! Explore every nook and cranny.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10734 (isolation #292) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

You can also determine a lot of information from reading the descriptions of the weapons, consumables, and Key Items that you receive. I always make sure to inspect any new thing I pick up--you get a lot of lore and even some indication on the different uses of the various items and weapons this way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10736 (isolation #293) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

Cleric Beast is a dead-end, but he rewards you pretty handsomely and gives you some experience fighting the larger types of bosses you'll encounter in the future. If you're building STRENGTH, beating Cleric Beast is really quite important. It also lets you skip an entire section (or two!) of the game later on, provided you purchase the Chief Hunter Emblem afterwards. Regardless, if you're explorative like I am, you won't miss anything even if you do purchase the Chief Hunter Emblem. :D

You get a different roll if you're locked on--the locked-on dodge has better i-frames and resolves faster.

Yeah, you can't be SSStylish! but you can still pull of some very impressive combinations. Have you been working transformations into your attack chain (use L1 after an attack or after rolling)? Have you used Leaping Attacks (moving forward suddenly and pressing R2 at the same time)? Howabout Back-step attacks (Circle to backstep, then immediately attack afterwards)? These various attacks can be very useful and can make weaving into and out of combat more exciting and powerful, while proving strong finishers.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10738 (isolation #294) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

Bloodtinge often couples very well with Skill. There are a lot of useful skill weapons, and you can even get a fabulous pair of daggers very early if you decide to kill Eileen the Crow.
Of course, she does have an entire questline that you can follow--doing so will reward you with the ability to buy this weapon but it is much later in the game (about 2/3 through rather than, literally before any boss).
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10740 (isolation #295) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

Some weapons scale off of both Bloodtinge and Skill, with their trick form being a Bloodtinge scaling weapon. Rifle Spear is one of the earlier ones you'll get your hands on.

I think that some animations can be cancelled, but it's not really as much a thing as it is in DMC, where animation-cancels are the cornerstone of stylish and effective play.

Saw Spear (which scales better with Skill than Strength, it's a good alternative to the Cleaver) has a transformation attack is pretty useful to just keep using in tandem, allowing for some effective staggering. A lot of the time, the 'Trick' or Transformed version of a weapon will stagger enemies, hit harder, but attack slower. It's a good idea to get familiar with both of the weapon's forms and its various attacks, as well as how to effectively slip between both forms.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10743 (isolation #296) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah; this is basically my normal. :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10746 (isolation #297) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nyeh, I'm going to be a bachelor forever! Forever! :D

Make it Pathfinder and we have a deal.
I'm not a huge fan of 5e, or 4th, or even 3.5 that much, but I'll play 'em regardless.
I've been running a Legend of 5 Rings game for the last year, and it's been fun, but that's with people from meatworld.
I ran some Pathfinder for a group of Aussies on Mafiascum awhile back, but had to drop it due to Grad School getting overwhelming.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10748 (isolation #298) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm sick of running games for now. I'd rather play in 'em. Even if they're a system I'm not crazy about.
I just don't like 5e's resources. Although I heard they finally got a working online SRD, so maybe it won't be so bad?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10751 (isolation #299) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm always willing to play.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman