Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #677 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:55 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

RANDOM MOD CHANGE!!!

Also,
Vote Count:

Coron - 7 (Fortify,CDB,Thok,glork,MM,Ubertimmy,DerHammer)
viper093663393 - 2 (Primate/PBuG)
Der Hammer - 1 (CES)
Fortify - 1 (alcoholic)

Not voting - some other people, still alive, but I'm not telling you who

With 17 alive, its 9 to lynch.
Do eeeet.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1044 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

[vader]Now I am the master.[/vader]

Okay, so I don't have mod rights yet, so I can't change the title yet, but the game IS back on. And you lot thought VisM was a bastard... who do you think helped him design this game? :twisted:

If you think I should know something about your role, PM me. If you think everyone should know something about your role, post it in thread. If I don't know something, don't fret, I'll make it up.

Oh, and here's a more-or-less accurate post count:
Fortify
- M4yhem, Romanus, Thok, and CES?
M4yhem - PBuG, dahen, and Der Hammer
PBuG - Dur Galad
Nobody - Ubertimmy and Fortify

Fortify has asked for replacement - will he be lynched first? Stay tuned!

People who have not posted in the last month have been stabbed with an electric cattle prod. People who have not posted since the October crash have gotten a
stern talking to

Play on!
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1046 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

draygn_mage replaces into the game.
I leave for whom as an exercise for the reader.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1069 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Oooh, it's so exciting! 4 people voting for both Fortify and Mayhem, and
I've just dropped the number of votes required for deadline lynch to 5
, provided you can come up with that total by Sunday, January 14th. If no one has five votes by then, I can't promise what will happen.

Oh, and draygn_mage has a vote too, in case you haven't been paying attention.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1071 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Also, a primate has volunteered to take on Fortify's old role. However, this is NOT the same "Primate" who had the role of Cassandra before, so do not ask him to divulge any details of that role. Anyone (primate or not) breaking this rule will be summarily modkilled without appeal. See Rule #4.

Have a nice day!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1080 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

That is indeed enough for a lynch. Ewwww, burning fur. M4yhem was a damn dirty ape. Errr, Werewolf. Whatever; actually, my notes say "Werewolf1", but that makes no sense.

Night choices are next! Everybody remember how that works? If you don't have one/don't want to make one, tell me No Choice.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1081 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

dahen's life was unbearably boring. First he signed up for a game that took forever to play, then the mod vanished on him and left him in limbo, and before that he'd had to replace into the game to replace someone else entirely who couldn't be bothered to play the role.

Any why not? It wasn't as if it was tough. Not only was he Innocent to all investigations, but he won with any group, so long as it wasn't the stuffy town. Bah; but would they listen? Nope, some idiot had to kill him at night, which means he loses after all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

dahen, Innocent Child, dead!

8 or so left, I think.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1126 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:55 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

1002? Looks like 1125 to me, or can't you count?

Speaking of counts, here's who's voting:
Romanus and Cogito Ergo Sum are voting for ubertimmy - that's the most right now.

dragyn_mage thought it'd be more fun to vote for Romanus
Primate voted for Thok really early on
PBuG waffled and is currently voting for Der Hammer

Play on!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1135 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

draygn_mage wrote:
@Mod
, can we get clarification on the flavor of Dahen's death?
The flavor? Kind of coppery and slightly sweet, if you must know. :?

What kind of crazies signed up for this game?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1144 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:29 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Okay, One of the three following things is true:

1) I didn't get previous Night Choices from VisM when I took over the game, so I cannot rely explicitly on the posted night scene to tell me which kill methods are associated with which roles. Therefore, my night scenes will not try to specify/be consistent with earlier ones. I told you I'd make things up if I didn't get full information. :twisted:

2) I forgot and am being a bastard about fixing my mistake. :evil:

3) Moo. :roll:

Have a nice day! More posting would make me happy.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1151 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yo! WAKE UP!
Do you bunch want a deadline so soon?

Vote Count:

ubertimmy - 2 (Romanus and Cogito Ergo Sum)
Romanus - 2 (dragyn_mage and PBuG)
Thok - Primate

Not Voting: Thok, Der Hammer, ubertimmy
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1163 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

That puts Romanus at 4 (Thok, CES, draygn_mage, and PBuG). There are eight players alive. Who said it'd be the hammah?

Oh, Romanus is voting for ubertimmy, and Primate and Der Hammer are voting for Thok, too. ubertimmy isn't voting and is getting a cattle prod up the backside.
Last edited by Mr. Flay on Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1167 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

That's five, and a lynch! Hang 'im by the neck until dead...what a great idea.

Romanus turns out to be a member of the local constabulary, which means you screwed up (unless you're against the town, of course). Night choices again! Get 'em to me ASAP...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1168 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:01 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

ubertimmy's willingness to talk about being a mason with Kaleidoscope is probably what sealed his fate. Or maybe the mafia were just feeling ornery? Who knows? Well, besides them, of course...if you find any, you can ask them. All you know right now is that he's got several more entryways to his lungs than he had when night fell, though they don't seem to be helping him breathe any better.

ubertimmy, protown mason, shot

Six alive! Four to lynch.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1174 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

*cough* It's Friday, and no one has ANYTHING interesting to say about Primate's post? Mind-boggling. *goes to get the cattle prods*
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1192 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:53 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I could draw it out long enough for them to kill the remaining town as well, but you all probably get the drift by now. draygn_mage was indeed the possessor of a glue gun, with which he could sticky someone's vote once it had been cast. But now he's dead, and PBuG follows shortly, behind, being the last remaining pro-town player. Primate's personality issues cleared themselves up and he allied with the Scum in the end, bringing a
win to the remaining Mafia of Thok, CES, and Der Hammer.

[/bastardy ends here]

Wow. What a game; I'll post more with full roles and the like later, but I wanted to make sure that you guys knew the game was finally over. Hopefully some of you enjoyed it; it didn't turn out quite like VisMajor and I expected it to, but that's always the way, isn't it?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1195 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:10 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

ROLES

DrippingGoofball: A priori SK (has to submit his Nk for the next day)
You are the SK. You have to kill everyone in town. But killing someone so that no one notices takes its time: you have to submit your choice at the beginning of the day. Should someone try to kill you at night, you reveal yourself as the SK to them.
Note: mafia may not NK him. Wins if only antitown forces stand by killing them off all. Has priority over Mafia traitor special win condition. Mafia finds out he is the SK if they target the same person, or if they target each other. They have to push for his lynch then. He also has a target Apriori, thus he has to protect that guy from getting lynched (otherwise he loses his NK for that day)
DGB chose Fritzler N1; that means he dies/died by their hand, not the mafia's, which worked out very much in their favor by the end.

3 cops:
Coron: naïve
GreenLiquid/Romanus: paranoid
Machiavellian-Mafia: random

You are a member of the local law enforcement forces. Each night you may send me the name of a person to investigate. You win if all threat to the town is eliminated.
Note: innocent child gets an innocent read, miller gets a guilty read, whatever the sanity.

Arimnaes: Cop commissioner, knows when an innocent is found guilty and vice versa.
You are the chief of the local law enforcement forces. You read the reports of any investigations committed by your men, and decide for yourself if they were right, or wrong. Unfortunately you are a boozer too, and don’t remember who your men have investigated.
Each night you get a PM from me telling you whether a cop has mis-investigated someone that night or not. . You win if all who wishes the town harm is dead.
Note: gets results in the following format: One of your men has investigated a scummy person, but failed to realize it! (or similar) Gets 1 result per night.

KaleiÐoscøpe: normal mason
ubertimmy - normal mason

You are mason with X. Once all scum is out of town, you win.
Note: no modconfirmed innocence. Don't try to outguess the mod.

Bethelmark/Dur-Galad/draygn_mage: Glue gun person: stickies the vote of someone else.
You are the glue gun person. Each day you may use your ability top glue someones vote. That person may not change his vote for the remainder of the day.
To use your ability you have to tell the target to to stop moving in some form. (like: XY! Freeze! or You really should stick to your vote! or similar)
You win by getting rid of the antitown people.
Note: basically just messes up other persons.

PBuG: Grudgeholder, has to lynch an innocent
You are the grudgeholder. You have a grudge against X. You must get him lynched! You may not claim your role or that you are required to do this. Other than that, you win if all scum is eliminated.
Note: just to make himself look scummy.

ChannelDelibird: miller vig
You are a vig. You happen to be a miller too. You win with the town.
Everyone has a guilty read on him, even the commissioner.

Fortify/Primate (2nd time): split personality, scum side and town side, lynched or vigged->scumside dies,nightkilled->townside dies and does not know his own alignment
You are a split personality. One of your personalities is scum. The other one is a plain townie. You are like half-a-scum. Heh.
Notes: If he gets Nkd-mafia recruits him instead (town personality is killed), If he gets lynched-town recruits him (scum personality is killed)
Town has to recruit him to win. Mafia automatically recruits him in endgame. He receives his wincondition when half of him dies.

Pariah: nightposter - can post only at night.
You are the night watchman. As such, you sleep during the day. You may only post votes while day is going, and post your toughts during the night. You win if all scum has been taken care of.
Note: self-explanatory . Ill leave the thread unlocked for him to post.

Shamrock/Maryita: townie
You are Heathcliff Bornoire. You are a townie.
Townie Trivia: Did you know that townies in this game never utter the word “butterfly”?
Note: plain vanilla. Has trivia to confirm himself with other townies(which don't exist)

Primate: Cassandra
Note: Cassandra knows about the townie traitor (see later)
You are Cassandra, the seer. Unfortunately, your seering abilities are not working very well. All you know is that a member of the town is helping the scum from the inside. You win when all scum has been eliminated.
viper0933/dahen: innocent child - mafia helper
You are an innocent child. You always have been a good child, and are utterly bored with it. Unfortunately, your mother is very strict, so you cannot raise your voice. But you can do something else: help the scum to get rid of the boring people. You win if all townies have been eliminated.
Note: viewed innocent by all. Has a win condition that he wins if all townspersons are eliminated. Wins with the Sk too!

bertrand: Reverse hider
You are a reverse hider. Each night you may hide with someone: if they are evil, you survive the night. Otherwise you die. Have fun getting rid of all scum!
Note: I had to throw in this one so the number matches.

Scum roles:

Fritzler: mafia traitor
You , w,x, y and z are the mafia. At night you are free to talk to each other. You may send me a name each night to kill. You win if only people dedicated to your cause are alive.

You happen to know that one of you is a rotten apple: he tries to help the town to survive, instead of killing everybody off! You have to get rid of him! During the game everyone of you may PM me a vote. If a member of your group reaches majority, you kill him off. This kill is independent of day/night cycle. If the killed off person was not the traitor, you may try again.
If you fail to kill off the traitor before the game is over, the traitor will kill off your group, and town wins!

Note: what the others don’t know, is that the traitor are you. You may not claim traitor or name your scummates. You need to be alive to win – if you die, even if the town wins, you lost. You win if all antitown elements are eliminated, and you are alive at the end of the game.
Note: is mafia, but has a win condition that he has to kill off all antitown elements. (SK, all werewolves, all mafia, split personality, innocent child)

Ziliu/Der Hammer: mafia nightscene writer
You , w,x, y and z are the mafia. At night you are free to talk to each other. You may send me a name each night to kill. You win if only people dedicated to your cause are alive.

You happen to know that one of you is a rotten apple: he tries to help the town to survive, instead of killing everybody off! You have to get rid of him! During the game everyone of you may PM me a vote. If a member of your group reaches majority, you kill him off. This kill is independent of day/night cycle. If the killed off person was not the traitor, you may try again.
If you fail to kill off the traitor before the game is over, the traitor will kill off your group, and town wins!

You have a special ability: each night, I send you the name and role of any night victims. Then you may write the nightscene, You may write whatever you wish, except that the name and role, and alignment must be correct. PM me the finished nightscene, and I post it as the nightscene.
Note: may write the nighscene. Ill always put a list of the deceased at the end. like this
XYZ, townie, dead!

Cogito Ergo Sum: mafia restrictionfaker:
You , w,x, y and z are the mafia. At night you are free to talk to each other. You may send me a name each night to kill. You win if only people dedcicated to your cause are alive.

You have a special ability: you may ask me to punish you somehow. PM me the punishment you wish to receive and I shall do it to you. (for example: fake a restriction, and “accidentally” fail it, then you can ask me to punish you for it, thus, making your restriction believable)
Note: may fake a restriction, and get modpunished for not fulfiling it. May chose a punishment for himself too.

Thok: mafia Communicator, scum sends post that the mod copies into thread as message from the scum

You happen to have a special ability: PM me anything you want to say to the town as scum: I will paste it into the thread labeled as coming from the scum. You can do this after your death as well (but you may not talk to the others anymore).
Mastermind of Sin: mafia mason
You , x, y and z are the mafia. At night you are free to talk to each other. You may send me a name each night to kill. You win if only people dedcicated to your cause are alive.

You happen to be a mason with Q. He thinks you are innocent! You two may talk to each other at day.
Armlx/al_kohaulec: werewolf mason
You , X and Y are werewolves. At night you are free to talk to each other. You may send me a name each night to kill. You win if only people dedicated to your cause are alive.

You happen to be a mason with Z. He thinks you are innocent! You two may talk during the day.
You have access to the townie trivia:
Did you know that townies in this game never utter the word “butterfly”?

marc.six/M4yhem, Rhox/Glork, : werewolf (has access to the townie trivia)
werewolf
You , X and Y are werewolves. At night you are free to talk to each other. You may send me a name each night to kill. You win if only people dedicated to your cause are alive.
You have access to the townie trivia:
Did you know that townies in this game never utter the word “butterfly”?
Masterchief/Toaster Strudel's role really was added into the game later. I don't have a role PM, but it had a separate win condition of being killed off (essentially, a Suicidal role).
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1201 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

The nightscene writer was definitely one of the cooler roles to come out of this. Some were just sheer bastardy, like the Reverse Hider and the Nightwatchman (although even that was kind of cool), but I think we screwed up the balance overall, especially when it came to the scum. :?

There were five of them, but one was a traitor. This was supposed to provide a "game within a game" where the mafia voted out their own, but the SK took out the Traitor almost immediately. And all of the "bastardy" in the mafia's roles was bastardy against the town, not the mafia themselves; CES's role made him nearly confirmed, the Nightscene writer made for some confusion, and Thok's ability to throw the Scum account in there added more fog to the war. In retrospect, there probably should have been more hindrances to them, especially with two "town" roles that could help them win (Split Personality and Innocent Child). On the other hand, I thought having a Mafioso and a Werewolf be masons together was inspired. ;)

The cops and Commissioner died way too fast, and were useless to boot. You guys went WAY too easy on the grudgeholder who changed his story to get his target lynched (I loved when he said "hell, even I'd vote for me at this point!"). A few more townie roles to help you guys have more time to sort things out wouldn't have been a bad idea either..hope you enjoyed at least some of it! Sorry it took so long to finish....
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1206 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Oh, I forgot to link to my post count for this game; you all started off strong, but died off with a vengeance in late 2006, which probably led to some of the late-game problems.

See http://pics.livejournal.com/triadruid/pic/00067690/ for more information... I try to expect one post per living player per game day (yellow line) as "normal" activity, which wasn't often met.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”