Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:22 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Hey guys.
I see some familiar faces and it's good to be playing with you all again :).
I'm going to be pretty busy over the next few days, but I'll try to read over the thread by sunday and get posting.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:02 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Yay, just finished reading.

[quote= "Coron"]
Vote: MoS

FoS: Ibby, Mathcam

Bagged 3 scum for the price of 1.
[/quote]

First Reaction: Coron's in this game????

Second Reaction: This is a post of substance? This is "Hey who killed the pro-town yesterday? They must be scum." That's pretty much as simple as it gets. It doesen't even acknowledge the fact that there was a very good reason for lynching BJ. Hell. . .it doesen't even say anything at all. It's completely noncomittal.

Looking back over his posts it's clear that they are lacking not only in quantity, but also in quality. He has yet to make a post longer than a few sentences. For someone who's been in the game since the beginning this is rather significant.

Coron's basically been invisible this whole time. And invisible is bad.

Vote: Coron

As far as the office switching goes. . .I'm really reluctatnt to read too far into it simply because we haven't established whether our little phantom of the office is pro-town or not.

Hell. . .we can't even say for sure that it's all been the work of one person. It's quite possible, though I believe it would be an odd play, that the swapper swapped out of their own office into somebody else's, giving the swapping power to someone else.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:17 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Yes, Yosarian, two people had their offices moved, but in each case they were moved into the office that the other person previously occupied, meaning it was certainly the work of one action.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:44 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: I almost forgot about this. Combined with Cesspit's vote on Coron not making ANY sense (you say he's trying to set up the lynch with no support from anyone, and think he's scum because school kept him too busy to post? wtf?), I believe a vote: TheCesspit is in order.
Could you please elaborate as to what "this" is. Not only am I having trouble deciphering the quote, I'm having trouble understanding your argument in relationship to it.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:45 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

First off
Unvote Coron

He's talking now which is basically what I wanted.

Vote ibaesha
. Here's why.

The last few posts just feel really wrong.
Kinda like he might be avoiding the fact that InHim is dead now, which fit in with my other suspicion as described earlier. *shrug* I know anyone could've looked it up, but why not just name the players? A lot of people are lazy and/or lurking and might not notice it.
This theory is getting way too convoluted for my tastes. Zoning in on such a minor choice of words that ultimitely were perfectly reasonable, especially given the fact that players have changed and offices have not.
Yesterday I was in a damned whatever I do situation because of EXACTLY what has happened today. MoS pushed me about BJ and I had NO CHOICE but to take a stance when I DIDN'T WANT TO. When I looked him over he WAS SCUMMY and there was NO WAY I could say he wasn't. Then, I attempted to give him a chance because of 'his play' (AND I AM SICK TO DEATH OF PLAYSTYLE EXCUSES) so that in case he was town we could WORK TOGETHER. But he didn't fucking help with that either. I didn't know if he was scum or not. If I didn't lynch him and he did . . .
Ibby puts up a vehement defense here to. . .nothing? The town has had an inquisitive nature to it today since there's so much confusion, and the only reason I can think of that ibby would make respond so loudly now is that she's been looking at these questions as guided missles. She has, as of yet, not come under that much pressure. Zero votes, and MrBuddyLee is the only one who's directly pointed her out on a suspicuous list in a while.

What's more, the "If I do this, people think this" part is not the way town is supposed to think. It's the way scum thinks.

Finally
Here's who I think they are:

Fuldu - BAD FEELING and #1 suspect of 'nabbing bluemonick'.
MoS - Because I think if anyone is guilty of pushing a bullshit case on BJ it's him.
Yosarian - Because InHim probably was onto something even if I don't get it.
LML (Based on Max and the fact that mr scumhunter is lurking and not helping at all here)
mathcam - Because of what I've already said and I have this weird feeling that he may have given info to MoS to help with MoS's push on me yesterday in regards to BJ.

Let's start at the top.
"I'm suspicious of cam"
"I'm suspicious of cam"
"I'm suspicious of cam"
*Fuldu speaks*
"Vote Fuldu"

After all this, mathcam is at the
bottom
of your list? If it's such a minor suspicion, then why do you keep talking about it? Once again it just doesen't make sense to me.

And
FOS: MrBuddyLee
. You seem to be pulling this word "indifferent" out of your ass, because it certainly doesen't describe any of the three people you mentioned. And if you think this fire and brimstone act of yours is helping anything you're quite wrong.

Finally, I'd really like to hear from LML and Pooky soon.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:29 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

. . .your logic is a complete failure armlx. The role an office played cannot possibly have anything to do with alignment. . .
because they were assigned randomly with no regard to allignemnt

unvote ibaesha

I'm curious about recent events and I don't want a lynch pushed while I don't have time to think about stuff.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:13 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

What a headache. . .

I don't like pooky's actions at all. . .confessing to active lurking does not get you any points in my book. Considering how frequently you were called for, I should think you should actually post if you were reading the thread. Regardless of motivation, this feels very anti-town to me.There is one thing I have to agree with ibby on, and that's that I'm pretty tired of playstyle defenses.
FOS: Pooky

I don't want to lynch pooky right now though. ..mainly because MBL does.

The more I hear MBL talk, the more convinced I am that his posts are of no value to the town and that he's spouting utter BS.

Vote MrBuddyLee

There's a lot I don't like in the town today. . .I suppose part of that comes from there being a fair amount of scum left. . .but there's more than that. People are being hard to read because they aren't saying anything really. . .hell, come to think of it.

Uvote Vote Spectrumvoid

<3 Yaw

I'm just not happy with him. . .he really hasn't said much today that wasn't obvious. . .
I could say a similar thing of MMOD. Fuldu and armlx haven't talked much. . .but their posts at least had some meaning, wheras specturm seems to be futzing around.

Yes, I'm throwing my vote around every which way today. . .mainly because my opinions are fluctuating so much.

I do know that I'm not liking MBL though. . .and I'm especially not liking the lurkerish types.
:x
*is deadly tired*
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:16 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Harry Potter is still alive too isn't he? Goddamn.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:20 am

Post by Uraj45 »

[quote = "MrBudyLee"]
Are "posts are of no value" and "spouting BS" what you'd consider to be good reasons for a vote?
[/quote]

Yes, actually.

I love answering rhetorical questions.

In a game where the scum's number one tool is craplogic, it hardly seems unreasonable to vote someone who's shoveling loads of just that.

The vast majority of your posts recently have consisted of poorly constructed attacks. Such actions can, under certain circumstances, be forgiven due to newbishness, but you look like a newbie to me. You look like someone who should know better than to believe the things that you have said.

Unvote Spectrumvoid
And my apologies for mistaking your gender.

I've been torn. Despite my observations I've been hesitant to vote for MBL. Mostly, I haven't been aware of the source of my hesitation, but I've come to realize that the primary reason has been Cam's reluctance to vote for him. While it's true that I have generally agreed with a lot of what Cam has said this game, I can attribute the fact that I've allowed his reluctance to hold my vote more to my unfortunate tendancy to give too much trust to those whom I know and respect.

Vote: MBL

I believe you're scum. I'm going withthat.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:40 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

STD, a "tool" certainly seems to imply items of some sort. Reasoning that items are a source for your role is not a stretch at all.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:21 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Right person wrong reason spectrum.
Stating a suspcion and not putting your vote there is not inherently scummy. Ibby's persistence on that particular point is getting tiresome.

I, for instance, happen to be quite suspicious of you, spectrum (I'm very suspicious of a lot of people for that matter), but I'm not voting for you at this time.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:00 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Ibaesha, surely you're not blind to the fact that you yourself are also guilty of fueling this fixation between you and MBL? Just as the majority of his posts have focused on you, the majority of your posts have focused on him. The most common form of defense is an attack, and in this manner when you attack MBL, he finds it neccessary to respond, and in defense talks about you some more. You aren't exactly making it easy for him to ignore you.
There's a very good case for spectrum being town. The fact that you don't recognize it is suspect.
By all means, elaborate. I very well may have missed it.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:49 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Pardon me, but I didn't find that argument to be a very good one. Spectrum's statment was ia little bit of nonsense in response to what was obviously a joke on BJ's part. It doesen't clear her by any stretch of the imagination.
Obviously I'm not blind to it since that's the primary basis of my last post. What's your point?
Hardly. The part that you fail to recognize is that your argument against MBL is based around a flawed motivation. If your reason for voting him was that he kept talking about you. . .and you were forcing him to talk about you. . .where does that leave you?

No time to talk more now. I'll be back later.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

I'm not trying to drag it out ibby. It wasn't even originally aimed at you. It was a point directed to spectrumvoid whcih you latched onto, which i then responded to and blah blah it goes on from there.

I'm going to go back and read through some of the more recent stuff soon and compare it to your assertion. ..once again I don't have the time to do that right now.

As far as spectrumvoid goes. . .here's the deal.
a. BJs posts were positively dripping with sarcasm. "I just checked my pm, it says I'm protown." is hardly the kind of thing anyone says for real. I'm really astonished that anyone could interpret that literaly given the context.

b. Allowing spectrumvoid to be cleared based on knowledge of pm syntax is terrible strategy. It's a sin of mafia. That is, the concept of "outguessing the mod".

In order to draw the conlcusion that spectrumvoid is cleared town, you must assume that Yaw made a poor choice of syntax that allowed players to use pm as evidence. The "no quoting pms" rule was made to prevent precisely this kind of thing from happening. "My pm sounds like everyone else's pm except for Y's pm. Y must be scum." This is not in the spirit of the game.

So, the question might be asked, how would spectrum know this about protown pms if she's scum? There are tons of possiblities. The most plausible one is that scum pms included a sample town pm. This is not at all uncommon and often used in games in order to make sure the town doesen't get an unintended advantage.

In some games the scum is even given a fake role that they can use for claiming. Obviously not useful for a game like this, but it's just an example.

So, relying on spectrum's "pm post" is putting stock in unstable evidence. As a matter of fact, if scum does have an inkling of what a protown pm is like, then scum would be the most likely people to pick up on it, and would be the first ones to want to point it out, as it gives them some leverage.

Let me make it clear at this point that I'm not putting stock in either possibility. To do so either way would be an attempt to outguess the mod. My suspicions of spectrum lie elsewhere.

The point i'm trying to make here is this: If you're going to say that anyone is cleared, you'd better have a
pretty damn strong
reason for doing so or else you are potentially screwing the town over badly. The evidence that "clears" spectrum is far from guaranteed, and indeed, should not be trusted. Therefore, suspecting spectrum is perfectly legitimite.

QED

Regardless of what you may THINK is the case, allowing that single moment to trump any current suspicions is a huge mistake.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:29 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Oy vay.

I'll be completely honest, I skimmed all of the info since my last post. I don't have nearly enough energy to fully read every gigantic post.

I'll also state, out of honesty, that my vote is going to stay on MBL mostly for reasons of inertia. At the moment, the best I can come up with are people who are high on my hit list, and people who are low on the list. MBL is high on the list, and therefore my vote stands. That's not to say that he's higher than other people, just that he's one that I'd be satisfied lynching, and lacking a good reason to change my vote to someone else, I won't.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:52 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Actually what you're looking at is someone who's sick and tired of the way this game has had a tendency to degenerate into back and forth arguments between two people that go around in circles and get nowhere, complete with huge posts consisting of "I'll give you a point by point analysis of why everything you said is wrong." "I'll give you a point by point analysis of why every point of your point by point analysis is wrong."

What's worse, though, is that these attacks can't even manage to stay in-game. Too many of the attacks have been personal in nature, slinging the f-bomb around left and right like it's a nuclear war.

Thi is not the mafia I remember. The mafia I remember was civil. You didn't criticize other people, you criticized their actions with the only intent being to find out if they were scummy or unscummy. People didn't take anything personally, and at the end they congratulated the winners, complimented those who they thought did a particularly good job, and that was that.

In short, they knew it was a game and were able to keep it that way.

But I digress. A month has gone by and I have nothing new to offer. True. Why? Because after reading through what I missed, I couldn't find any new information. (With the exception of the office claim.) I'm not saying it's not there(though it very well might not be), I'm just saying it's too hard for me right now to sort through all the mud to get to it.

So, with a lack of new information I see no reason to change my vote. And, MBL, as the lead slinger of mud and overall negative force, you wouldn't be missed by me if you were gone.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:00 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Mudslinging is not scum hunting. It's a personal attack for the sake of a personal attack.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:55 am

Post by Uraj45 »

You want evidence? You need look no further than your last two posts.
mmod, if you're town, you're pretty much the worst town ever
All it takes is one townie to destroy our chances at this point. Oberon, looks like you're up to the challenge
I can dig further if you like but I think you know that there's plenty of it in your post history.
You've been sprinkling your posts with disparaging comments like these all game. They're completely unneccessary and are exactly the kind of negative force I'm talking about that's souring this game.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:00 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Also note, I did not say your posts are
primarily
personal attacks. Just that you've been doing plenty of it.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:17 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Did I say anything in regards to the truth of the statements?

I think you've missed my point entirely. This is not an in-game attack. This is a general objection to the act of insulting other players as you play. I'm not equating it to scuminess.

Now please stop overanalyzing it. It has nothing to do with the game itself. By all means, however, I would greatly appreciate it if you stopped such behaivuour.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (isolation #20) » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:40 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

I'm here, and I'm running out of things to say. I'll try to get a post of more substance in the near future.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:00 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

you can't see me.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:03 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Request: Unretractable Deadline

:?
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:56 am

Post by Uraj45 »

That's sound logic. With 2 kills missing that night in fact, it's rather likely that cam is scum. Certainly the best lead we have.
Unvote Vote: mathcam
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (isolation #24) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:58 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Hold on a second. . .something not right here.
Unvote
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (isolation #25) » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:04 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Nevermind. It works.
Vote mathcam
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:16 am

Post by Uraj45 »

unvote for now
in light of recent information.

I won't say anything other than that at the moment. Expect a future post.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (isolation #27) » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:26 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

I am not a role switcher, nor have I ever been a role switcher. As a matter of fact, I've never even changed offices.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1377 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:50 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Coron. . .when you're right, you're right. I'm just reluctant for some reason. . .can't really explain why.

vote mathcam
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:26 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Wait, asking for an unretractable deadline? what was that for. I retract my trust of Uraj now. How is that ever a pro-town move?
It's not so much a pro-town move as a pro-game move. You may not understand how
excruciatingly long
this game has lasted, but at the point of this post the game was lingering on death with postings coming rarely. The retractible deadline proposal was in the interest of this day actually finishing at some point so this game didn't collapse.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (isolation #30) » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:18 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Actually it's been at least 4 months.
There was a retractable deadline at one point. Things picked up a bit, the deadline was lifted, and then then everyone died again.
The way I see it it's like this

Retractable = Come on, you're slacking. Pick up the pace or you'll lose your choice.
Unretractable= Allright, you've had more than enough time and the game isn't going anywhere. Make your decision now.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Well this isn't good. . .obviously. Finding cam pro town was a pretty big hit and now we've got another two deaths. . .if we don't lynch scum today we're pretty screwed.
I'll look back and post more soon.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1430 (isolation #32) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Truthfully. . .it does. I'm really not sure what to do with it though.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:45 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Thok, please point to a single post in which I suggested that there was more than one office mover. Otherwise I'm calling BS.
FOS to ya sir
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Oops? You pull a lightning flip-flop like that and say oops? That was tremendously scummy.
vote spectrumvoid

And
FOS: Pablito
Primarily for craplogic. His argument against me is that MBL challenged his opinion of me, something that MBL did to every single person about every single opinion. Hardly valid. He also has seemed to be hedging his bets a lot for the sake of remaining within popular opinion. With armlx as a predecessor, I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Uraj45 »

unvote vote pablito

Shameless bandwaggoning is another strike against and I'm suddenly feeling uncomfortable with the specturm wagon once pooky hopped on.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:57 am

Post by Uraj45 »

It's retractable. If nothing happens Fuldu will be lynched. Fine, I have no control over that and I'm semi-ok with it. If deadline gets extended then it's relevant.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (isolation #37) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

The office switcher, otherwise known as Jack Davis, is now currently an occupied roll, which means that barring another strange event, we won't be getting it back. or any of the currently unoccupied offices for that matter. This is truly unfortunate.

vote pablito
because I'm no less convinced today that he's scum than I was yesterday.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Uraj45 »

The mod wrote: mystery meat of doom -- Jack Zimmerman, formerly Jack Davis
spectrumvoid (replacing Shamrock) -- Jack Kay, formerly Jack Irving
Open Office: Jack Davis
Excuse me?
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Primarily, pablito, because the office of jack kay is listed twice and only found the first instance of it. Under the current setup it's a nightmare to tell who's currently occupying an office of a deceased player.

Regardless, I don't know when people decided they were too good for the LAL law, but I'm just as interested in upholding it now as I was last time.
unvote vote spectrumvoid
in the interest of the metagame.

For those who don't know what LAL is: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/LynchAllLiars .

Thok- As I said yesterday, the Fuldu lynch was ok by me, though not my first choice. You might of also I noticed that I was on the spectrumvoid wagon for a time, though pooky's sudden appearance vote made me uncomfortable with it. I basically stand by my thoughts yesterday and don't have much new to add.

It doesen't matter though. My vote won't be changing for the rest of the day. LAL is absolute.

I'll also note that the last time I called someone out in this matter he did, in fact, turn out to be scum. Look it up if you're interested.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (isolation #40) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

I'm sorry, but does anyone besides me notice the glaring holes in Pablito's logic?

Point 2 is a values judgement and completely fails. I can uphold a principal without taking it personally.
You're too rational about sticking to LAL and further more it's overkill to link to the wiki.
There's no such thing as being too rational. Do remember that this is a game ruled by logic and that becoming emotional is a trap that is best avoided.

The wiki is far from overkill. In my last game, half of the players didn't know what LAL was since they had joined more recently.
You wanted to prove your point. And only scum would do such a thing.
Yes, because a pro town player never ever rationalizes their actions with something so out there as *GASP* Proof! As is the norm for pablito, this statement defies all logic.

Point 3 describes inattentiveness. At no point did I see I was inatentive. That was your word, not mine. Did I miss something? Sure. Does that mean I'm not paying attention? No. This an extremist approach and does not show the sign of someone approaching from a rational angle but rather someone who's only goal is to lynch the person he wants to lynch.

Furthermore, declaring my vote as "thrown away" on the day before is another absurdity. Fuldu was going to be lynched if nothing else happened. This seemed ok, but I was still more suspicious of pablito. Putting my vote on pablito did two things
a. Set up a plan for the retracted deadline.
b. Make it less likely for my supsicions to go unoticed should I be killed during the night.

Coron brings up a valid point, though. Spectrumvoid didn't lie per se, she just said that she did. "I lied" is simply a phrase that sets off alarm bells for me and perhaps I got a little overzealous. I still hold to LAL, but coron's right.

unvote

And coron, if you don't believe in absolute LAL, that's your perogative, but I do. And you'll see this persist throughout my games, get caught in a lie and you'll have my vote. I also highly respect Jeep's opinion as he is one of the best players to ever be in the game.

vote pablito
I hope you're having fun on your high horse there, bud.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (isolation #41) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:48 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

LAL is absolute, I am not. I changed my mind. I acknowledged this. You don't get any points for that.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (isolation #42) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Uraj45 »

If you think LAL is emotional or illogical then you clearly don't understand LAL in the slightest. The point of LAL is not to win this game, it's to improve the metagame.

That is, if you lie and get lynched, you'll be less likely to lie next time. The reason for this is that 9 times out of 10, liars are scum. Why? Scum has to lie to win. Town doesen't. Simple.

So, if you lie, then you give scum an out. When they get caught in a lie they can turn it around and say it was a "ploy to catch scum". In short you're giving scum the ability to slip away once they've been caught in a lie.

There's nothing emotional about it. It's game theory and it's sound.

And you have no right to be insulted over a link. Again, I will remind you that the last time I mentioned LAL there were people who did not know what it was. The link is there for them. If you're not one of those people then the link isn't for oyu.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (isolation #43) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Uraj45 »

think the LAL thing applies to people who lie about their role. I withheld info, I didn't lie
This point has already been brought up and adressed multiple times. I'm well aware of this and it's the only reason I unvoted you. I said as much.

As far as metagaming goes. . .whether you like it or not, the metagame is there, and if you turn a blind eye to it then you're only depriving yourself of useful strategies. Metagaming has been used on many occasions already in this game. A few examples.
"Coron" wrote: Uraj, you should know better, I ain't PJ or glork or Yaw or anything like that.
You've played with me before.
This is metagaming.

[quote = "Spectrum void"]
I'm lying. I'm the new office switcher. I did this in a mini, where I outed scum who tried to claim the role.
[/quote]

Also metagaming.
Anyone who remembers IS will know that it was
impossible
to play with him if you didn't metagame.

I browsed the metagame thread to which you refered and you can't possibly compare it to LAL. The decisions in that thread fall upon far more arbitrary decisions.

Perhaps it's unpopular now, and it saddens me to hear that. Mafiascum was a much different place two years ago, I suppose. But I still subscribe to the traditional mafia theory that was standard then and it still works.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (isolation #44) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Except I didn't lie. I changed my mind based on a valid point. Calling that a lie is pure BS.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (isolation #45) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Why so anxious pablito?
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1575 (isolation #46) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

You're not trying to point out a hyprocisy as much as you're trying to add a bit of dramatic flare to the situation by tossing in some manufactured irony in order to further your cause. That much is clear.

Why isn't it a lie? Because it doesen't fall into the definition of one. A statement that turns out to be untrue is not neccessarily a lie.

"A false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. "

Note the key word there: intent. If an untrue statement is made unintentionally, it is not a lie. So even though my following post invalidated the statement, there was no intent to do so, and therefore it is not a lie.

Thok, yes, it was a metagame call. I've made this call before and I always will. This is because LAL is a stickling point for me and I believe that playing that particular little game is about as horrendous and destructive a tactic as it gets. Plus I'm far from convinced that spectrum is pro-town, which is a plus.

I challenge your call of OMGUS though. How can you support this when, my vote prior to spectrumvoid was pablito, my vote the prior day was pablito, and I've been making comments about my suspicions of him almost since he joined the game? This is hardly an OMGUS whim.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (isolation #47) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

If you really want to push the point you could use the oxford english dictionary definition, which again includes the word intent.

1. a. An act or instance of lying; a false statement made with intent to deceive; a criminal falsehood. Phrase, to tell (formerly to make) a lie. Also, without lie, no lie, truly (often as an expletive in ME. poetry; cf. without fable).

They all say that. It's linked to the word itself. There's no such thing as an unintentional lie and you can't twist your way around that.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1579 (isolation #48) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:52 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Coron I didn't say nothing would change my vote. As a matter of fact I never even said nothing so your big emphatic caps and underlining is completely unwarranted. I said my vote wouldn't change.

The realizitation that spectrum wasn't truly lying was something I wasn't anticipating, especially with the words "I lied" being right there.

Not fully thought-out? Perhaps. But not a lie.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1582 (isolation #49) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

pablito wrote:
Childish nearly incomprehensible babbling

So if you're pro-town, Uraj, I don't know, but don't attack me. I'm pro-town.
Forgive me if I don't find this to be a very convincing argument.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1584 (isolation #50) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

I can respect that, though naturally that doesen't change my opinion that you're scum.

Anyway I'm going to claim my current office, because I don't see any harm in it and the information could be margainally useful if this lynch does go through.

I've got a key. I can open offices.

Last post for the night. I wouldn't mind seing some fresh voices.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1598 (isolation #51) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Nothing emotional about that, MoS. It's simply a statement of my assessment of the argument. And I'm not saying you won't find me getting emotional on the very rare occasion (like
the day that never ended
, but I avoid it whenever possible.
Uraj, do you have any opinion on the choices of opening offices that Pooky performed
Not really. He opened one each night, if I recall correctly, which is a reasonable play for both town and scum I would think.

A thought that just occured to me, though, is that I think we can deduce that mmod, at the very least, wasn't on viper's scum team or he would have snatched up that cop office ASAP.

But speaking of MMOD. . .how about a post? That goes for Quagmire and Pooky as well.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1599 (isolation #52) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Uraj45 »

What happened to my old office?
It's on the open office list.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1600 (isolation #53) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:26 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Gah, screwed up again. It's not. Sorry. Hate that list.
That's weird.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1602 (isolation #54) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:38 am

Post by Uraj45 »

We didn't. It was suggested as a possibility.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1625 (isolation #55) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Uraj45 »

StD, you need to read today's post because every single one of those questions has been completely covered within the day.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (isolation #56) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:13 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

It's been a long time and I can't say what my exact thoughts were at the time. . .but it had to do with some exact wording concerns. Spectrumvoid had been claimed to be semi-confirmed pro-town at the time, and there was another statement pinning her as a townie. There was a potential conflict there in her being semi-confirmed townie while claiming role blocker. I had to read back to some of the prior posts to figure out what the deal was and the semi-confirmation wasn't based on townieship nor at any point had she said she was a townie. So the claim was potentially legitimate and I could be comfortable with the vote.

. . .I hope that makes sense.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1646 (isolation #57) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Again I will say to STD that I try to backup any of my arguments with proof whenever I can. A strong argument is backed with evidence and making a strong argument is a good idea no matter what side you're on. Figuring something out is useless if you can't
And he hasn't really tried to defend himself at the moment.
Against what? This?
I'm killing Uraj as fast as I can.
seconded
Who else wants to vote Uraj then?
Those aren't arguments, so there's nothing to defend against. With nothing new having been brought to the table I've had nothing new to say.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (isolation #58) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

The lynch tomorrow is pablito. If there is a lynch that is.

Kindly remember this when I'm gone.

I'd rather not have another game go by where the scum that I had pegged for sure got away.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1666 (isolation #59) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:24 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
lol jk, I'm satisfied with his response unvote

Nice try, Quagmire.
Weakest argument ever, MoS. If you don't get an
FOS
for that I'd consider it a crime.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (isolation #60) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:28 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Oh and, quite frankly, I'd rather not let scum have a chance to gauge people's reactions. Sorry for the triple post but don't worry, it's my last one.

unvote vote Uraj

Good luck town.

Twilight.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1671 (isolation #61) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:12 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Twilight means no talking. Shush
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1675 (isolation #62) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Uraj45 »

A decided lynch isn't a lynch fufilled.
Regardless, no content-relevant posts should be made during twilight.

(This is not a content-relevant post.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”