Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3464 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Faraday »

Thanks to Mina/Av/UT for reviewing and Mina for back-up modding.

Well played Benmage and Nost for the scums - although TGAH set up Jason nicely, I think. On the town side of things eh a lot of people had 1/2 of the scum but no one really "nailed" the whole team late game. Still don't think anyone played badly - Ben just played well and looked genuine in his Ben interaction
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3470 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 3466, Oversoul wrote:I like the ingenuity of Deas's role and Ben's role but I don't think the mafia should have been informed of those specific player identities.
Why not? (Also what player specific identities? Just DV's, presumably - I can't work out what else you're talking about)
DV's bodyguard gave him a chance to die without specifically being the kill AND it meant scum would have a dilemma if DV was owning the game, on whether to kill him and hurt themselves.

Not letting them know just kind of makes it pot luck.

If you mean Ben finding the role cop target...well he'd see the red hat, on the player anyway? (Check the way the rolecop worked) so it makes no practical difference.
Explain to me the point of the traitor role?
To weaken the scumteam slightly. But seeing as his recruitable it's only slightly.

19 players. If the lyncher gets a lynch it's basically a free kill for scum so like 16. 12:4 is "conventionally" balanced - but if you look at the big increase in scum/difficulty to lynch 4 scum from 10:3 then it's weird and I don't think it is particularly balanced.

Town had some protective role - but a) they're all weak, the BP is a lynchee, the doctor's weaker than a regular doc and the BG is 1-shot. (Also, DV your pm wording should make it clear the doctor and you couldn't cross protect, I think.)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3471 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Faraday »

(And yes, the red hat flavour would be obviously tied to bubbles for anyone watching the show so by not saying it - it's still obvious)

I really like the setup as a whole and the way it worked, tbh.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3474 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Faraday »

If you look at massclaim you guys have the 1-shot dayblock. Also neighbour and JOAT and bulletproof are 3/7 roles that don't give any indication of alignment, here. The friendly neighbour, and the vig were confirmable and the doc too. But DV's role might have helped get him lynched.

Kuribo made his slot unlynchable, you can't play his role for that. He was very town.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3492 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:06 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 3487, Benmage wrote:@Faraday why did you make it so we couldn't jail ourselves?
I felt the red hat rolecop could be useful enough for gambits without the "detaining" - it was mostly designed to stop a vig/doc claim that you guys could break up + the flavour for detain was fun.

The lyncher is definitely pro scum though, Benmage. It's a player tunnelling on a townie/trying to get them lynched.

There'll be a season 2 eventually, although I'm running an asoiaf upick first.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3493 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 3491, camn wrote:And thank thou, Faraday, for your modding. It was seamless. The flavor on Wallace, though...wtf?
It's quite quirky, admittedly. But you should know better than outguessing the mod!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3494 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 3490, Oversoul wrote:It is more while your intentions are good (to break a trust tell) you knowingly broke the tell in order to further your win condition so it still was cheating.
That's not cheating. It's playing against expectations. Once he commented in MD the trust tell was pretty much broken. There are things I've "never done" as scum. Breaking them isn't cheating. Were you cheating in Chrono Trigger when you've said "I've never breadcrumbed as scum", of course not. + ben didn't bring up his meta so.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #3524 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Faraday »

Oh, yeah. PR use is pretty obvious. I mostly have that kind of thing in my head - it's all obvious apart from the JOAT - follow Benmage night 1 (if he'd done the kill the game was over RIGHT THERE) and voyeur nost night 2.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”