Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #33 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:52 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

Yup I donaugh think I will be random voting either.. seems kinda pointless...
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:51 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Aww Glorkie, You know we love ya!
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #135 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:02 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Vaughn wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:
PJ wrote:It's actually kinda nice knowing the strategies scum will probably try in this game, because I already spent last game trying to think of them. It's pretty interesting being on the other side of the fence this time, I will be curious to see the strategies scum try to use after the game is over.
Good stuff. I 95% believe your sincerity in making that statement. I 5% think you should be strapped to a lightning rod and tasered for trying to subtly brainwash us into thinking you're town.
Glad I'm not the only one who saw that.
My sentiments precisely.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #173 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:02 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

My non-comment on PJ's thoughts was only post-poned til later this evening, when I take a break from writing this darn paper.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #181 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:09 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Okay, my thoughts: which are catching me up from page three.. so don't grump!
Glork wrote:And by "non-comment," Amelia obviously means "placeholder side-comment." It appears as though Amelia plans on elaborating in the near future. Give her the chance to do so.
(Sorry if I stepped on your toes, 'Slay... I just wanted to share my side of the story.)
That was exactly what I was saying... Thankyou for not misinterpreting!
Thok wrote:Um, then why wouldn't she just say comment? It seems like a weird choice of wording, as though she was essentially admitting she was going to make some sort of active lurking comment that didn't say anything.
I thought you'd appreciate the fact that I'm intending to post, and wouldn't be posting just because you called me out or whatever.. but essentially twas a placeholder..

On PJ: Pretty much I'm in the same position as he is, I'm having to think about things from a different angle, because as he said " I spent pretty much an entire day trying to think of a system so that scum could manipulate the voting to some degree, while trying to present such an idea so that it would sound pro-town."
I do however like the idea of having some limits on the king and I honestly like the system he proposes to hold himself to.
I like the LoE
PJ wrote:"I don't need to vote because my vote doesn't matter anyways." I hate this. Hate, hate, hate. Why would you sign up for a game if you aren't going to play? Votes are an essential tool in scum-hunting: refusing to use that tool is not helping the town. I want everybody participating and voting, no questions asked.
Yos2 wrote:it might actually be in our favor if they happen kill off a kingmaker who already looked pro-town, and then if a person who looks less clearly pro-town will become kingmaker, which would hopefully let the town avoid a mislynch and get information in the process about who tried to lynch the kingmaker.
But wouldn't whomever it was that tried to lynch the kingmaker be semi-justified if it wasn't clear that the kingmaker were pro-town?

I whole-heartedly agree with this, but I think I'm going to be a little conservative with my votes regardless. I really don't like MoS's attitude toward the voting process though. I think if you don't vote you can't be nailed down for one opinion or another- even if we take notes on his posts he could always downplay suspicions because of their non-concreteness.

[quote="cbox"It’s possible that both pablito and glork are scum. The idea is that pablito is the over-eager mafia, trying to support his pal. Glork knows how to play, and therefore doesn’t want the obvious attention and association, whether he is scum or not.[/quote]
Something about this, I just really didn't like... something really sounds off in the way he phrased that... especially when followed with this..
cbox wrote:So, overall, I would suggest executing pablito, and if he is confirmed scum (is their role revealed when they are killed?) i guess glork would be next. Obviously I'm not completely sure about any of them.
ooh and then there was this bit of post, voting Glork because he was told to..
cbox wrote:The reason I'm not voting for Glork at this point is that the only situations suggested to me by their actions are that either both of them are townies, pablito is scum and glork is townie, or both are scum. Is it all right if I just kind of FOS Glork at this point? Actually, I'll Vote: Glork for presure, and then take it off .
However, I recognize the attitude behind this post, so that slightly diffuses my sentiment on the other posts, so I'll just
FOS:cbox
cbox wrote:there's really not much else I can say in my defense that i didn't say already, so I'll just be quiet for now.
yos wrote:Now, all of these are mistakes that newbies seem to make all the time no matter what their alignment, so I'm not going to vote for you just yet. But in general, those are all things that you should never do; they don't help, they just hurt the town and make it more likely you'll be lynched, and I think that you just moved up on everyone's list of suspicion, including mine, because of them.
Precisely why I myself didn't add a vote, and Yos puts all the stuff about being a newb and how not to act so nicely..
cbox wrote:if, after you lynch me, i'm a townie, just please, like, examine mrbuddylee. he's kind of obnoxious
*rofl
Thok wrote:I agree with the trying to keep the Kingmaker as hidden as possible; I was making this argument even before the endgame justification in Kingmaker I. I'd prefer that scum doesn't get a chance to kill a kingmaker who's good at his job in hopes of replacing him with a less talented kingmaker. (IMOMNBTK
I didn't really read the endgame of I, so I'd never really thought about it like that... I honestly couldn't ever think of the Kingmaker as a very important confirmable person. I'm glad you brought that out, that makes it a lot clearer in my mind..
MBL wrote:Good stuff. I 95% believe your sincerity in making that statement. I 5% think you should be strapped to a lightning rod and tasered for trying to subtly brainwash us into thinking you're town.
I mainly just thought this funny.. twasn't trying to reinforce the idea.. but it did kinda niggle in the back of my mind, but again I see where PJ's coming from and so I don't really doubt his sincerity.....
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #229 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:49 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

It would be hard not to insinuate that... so not so much interesting...
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #242 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:43 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

Phoebus wrote:it's amusing how even lack of doing anything can be filed under "being scummy"
Have you not done something? If adding votes to the largest wagons while claiming to be doing nothing more than skimming is nothing... sure I can't see any "being scummy"
vote: Phoebus
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #258 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:49 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

cardb0ardb0x wrote:Umm... 1 newbie question. How long are days/nights expected to take in an online mafia game? And yeah, FoSes and votes are kinda different, even though the rules of kingmaker don't specifically state so.
Getting antsy for it to be night? :D
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #285 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Glork wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I have a bad feeling about Glork. Just a hunch, but
IGMEOY: Glork
You better be on your best behavior, son.
Best behavior my ass.

YOU HAVE NOTHING ON ME!
I have Amelia on you! Pictures, at least >_>
Orly? :rasieseyebrow:
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #377 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

I'm sorry guys... esp. since I'm in other games w/ some of you and it's bad play across the board... Life is crazy at the moment.
I read posts from the time I last posted up until now, and since I have a little time, I'm trying to do a full re-read-- but I'll comment on what's caught my eye.
Pablito wrote:No, I won't reveal what I was thinking when I said I'll defend Glork to the bone. Ask me some other day.
pablito wrote:No. Because it would bring more discussion and more fun if people can try to speculate why I'm doing it.
I was first bothered by the fact that he refuses to explain on either count, then by the fact that he switches stances almost immediately a post later, and explains his vote on Nightson.
MBL wrote:This rubbed me the wrong way, tiger. If we have an impressionable Kingmaker, they'll likely heed your will. Hypothetically, scum can easily kill the one of those two that's town, leaving us with a scum king tomorrow.
Interesting connotation there…
Thok wrote:I realize that, and there are people I wouldn't vote for needing a replacement. But given the tone of some of the discussions we have (especially the references/interest in Kingmaker 1), vikingfan asking for a replacement in this game is worth keeping an eye on.
Two different situations, interesting that you bring it up… Vikingfan’s request for a replacement came late in the game when he was clearly under pressure, how can you compare them?
Nightson wrote:Okay, first things first,
unvote:all

Upon reading through the game (which took forever), I've got three people to comment on specifically.

cardb0ardb0x is newbie town, classic townie who cracks under pressure, and his later posts haven't been scummy.

pablito: weird and scummy, seems to enjoy buddying up to people, getting general scum vibes from him
vote: pablito

phoebus: This should be obvious, joined the biggest bandwagons and has yet toactually contribute to the game
vote: phoebus

I can't get a read on either bird1111 or Mert as of yet.
NS wrote:Anyway, I unvoted because I don't really care what vikingfan's reasons for voting you were. My vote for you was for the reasons given in the post where I voted for you. I can't comment on what vikingfan did cause I'm not him.
Your voting reasons seem flimsy—you haven’t backed them up at all. And no you can’t comment from his perspective, but you’ve have to keep his actions in mind, just like we do when comparing yours to his…
vote:Nightson

That’s all for the moment… looking….
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #379 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Thok wrote:
Ameliaslay wrote:
Thok wrote:I realize that, and there are people I wouldn't vote for needing a replacement. But given the tone of some of the discussions we have (especially the references/interest in Kingmaker 1), vikingfan asking for a replacement in this game is worth keeping an eye on.
Two different situations, interesting that you bring it up… Vikingfan’s request for a replacement came late in the game when he was clearly under pressure, how can you compare them?
I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. Or rather, I sort of think I know what you are talking about, but wonder why you would try to interpret my comments in that way, since that was clearly not what I meant at all, and I have a hard time believing that my statement could have been read that way.

Vote Ameliaslay
, since I think you're trying way to hard to attack Nightson in your last post. (I personally feel pablito is also trying too hard to attack Nightson, but well, I'm already voting him.) I can't decide if this is an attempt at busing scum or trying to create a bandwagon on an innocent.
1.)I was just looking at the first part... and at your quote again and realized, when I made that comment I was thinking that he was replacing someone else and that you were making a generalization on replacements... I didn't totally think that one through, and I apologize.

2.) Trying way to hard to attack him? I placed a vote because I was expressing my suspicion, and when I clarify my thoughts on a few others, I'll be placing votes on them. Coming into a game, it doesn't seem like his analysis of the people that he commented on was very in depth... yet he was defending his reasons-- that's what caught my eye.

And while I'm thinking of it, though I have an idea why.... Since you're explaining your suspicions of nightson pablito, you might well detail the ones you hold for me.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #605 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:08 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Hi everyone, I was under the misconception that I had been replaced... But here I am, in the need of doing a major read-through, and probably will get a post in around Wed or Thurs.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”