Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #161 (isolation #0) » Wed May 16, 2012 7:35 am

Post by imaginality »

First up, I second SpyreX's "fluff is especially scummy in this game" policy.

I actually liked Rhinox's plan. Being part of the 10-man group under suspicion would be like taking part in a 10-man wrestling match knowing the audience are allowed to throw knives at you. There'd be heightened pressure on scum knowing everyone is watching out for slips, and the scum not part of the 10-player group would have to weigh up whether to lurk or to help or hinder their teammate(s).

But, I'm not sure what the minimum number of players who agree with the idea would need to be for us to run with it, and it looks like there's not much buy-in happening. (Possibly an idea worth resurrecting D2 though?)

In the meantime,

VOTE: The Mini-Librarian

Pretty sure he's not a mime because mimes probably wouldn't have worried about asking for the policy lynch reason before making their leap onto the Chesskid wagon. That seemed more like scum who have already decided to jump on the wagon but don't want to look opportunistic.

Post 45 is bad - pre-emptively disvowing any responsibility for his part in the upcoming mislynch with "if I didn't help with this mislynch someone else would":

In post 45, The Mini-Librarian wrote:@soad: yep. If people as a whole don't like him I will bow down to the judgment of the masses.
Especially
in this game. Taking my one vote off isn't going to stop chess from getting lynched.

And something about the way he asked if mimes can be NKed sounded slightly scummy to me:

In post 116, The Mini-Librarian wrote:FFS. Mimes? Is it possible for these guys to be nked?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #1) » Wed May 16, 2012 7:37 am

Post by imaginality »

If I counted correctly, that's L-1.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #641 (isolation #2) » Thu May 17, 2012 12:47 am

Post by imaginality »

So, even though we're not going with the blocks of 10 plan, I'm still going to do reads 10 at a time, rather than drown under a sea of posts.

But first a quick comment on current wagons: of the people with 2+ votes, I wouldn't miss elmo or redFF, but so far they don't reek of scum, just of useless. T-Bone, BBmolla and Rhinox are all okay (although I hope BB doesn't post 60 posts every day or I might have to lynch him just for sanity's sake). So yep, no wagons obv-right enough for me to jump onto at the moment.

As for my reads:

+ T-bone - 15 posts - engaging, giving reads and content, I see no reason for his wagon other than anti-voting-block-policy-lynchers. People concerned he's giving town reads too early, meh. Depends if they become self-confirming or if he reconsiders them as required. And in a game this big I can see voting blocks having a part to play, if not quite yet.
+ Nobody Special - 3 posts - good scumhunting in them...
= zajnet - 0 posts...
= staeg - 0 posts...
= lupo - 0 posts...
=- theamateur - 10 posts - nothing but policy votes so far; then apparently breadcrumbing something in his final post? which seems too attention-drawing to be helpful if town, but equally too overtly attention-drawing for scum, so I'll say null tell on that for now...
=- Amrun - 1 post - her first post makes me a little wary. Mainly cos finding lurkers in this game seems like an easy way to avoid scumhunting...
- funkybike1 - 1 post - no contribution...
- sykedoc - 1 post - no content yet; hopefully we're not going to hear 'gotta catch up' too much this game because that's too easy an excuse in this game. You've gotta contribute whether you're caught up or not. Just read the last few pages or something...
-- Moneybags - 8 posts - sheeping and pushing a Milk wagon for no (stated) reason, and fluff posts...

VOTE: Moneybags

Tomorrow my next 10 reads.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #808 (isolation #3) » Thu May 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by imaginality »

@Kairyuu: what's the pro-town motive in refusing to say whether or not you can confirm the alignment of the other angel(s)? It seems to me that, supposing you die tonight and flip town, and another angel uses his/her ability tomorrow, it would be helpful for the town to know if that angel is confirmed town or not.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #878 (isolation #4) » Fri May 18, 2012 12:19 am

Post by imaginality »

@mod: you still have moneybags on the vote count

AAAAh, zombies! I'll fix it.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #879 (isolation #5) » Fri May 18, 2012 1:06 am

Post by imaginality »

Next reads:

++ redff - not a fan of the one-liner posting style but I get the sense from his posts that he's genuinely thinking and questioning, so that gives me a town feel...
+ SleepyKrew - unvoting due to absence gave me a good vibe, I feel like as scum he wouldn't necessarily have bothered to unvote...
+ Rhinox - lots of strategy, and policy votes, but good reasons for both, and I like that the reads he gave in 668 weren't just sheeping other people's suspects...
+ BBMolla - in a game with 50 players and 10 to lynch, I don't think scum would be so bold to throw out the "meh I don't care if I get lynched" line
=+ Zdenek - I agree with his reads particularly elmo, T-bone and Muffin...
= UberNinja - having fun isn't a scum tell; sure Uber could be doing more scumhunting, but since this is a 50-player game, I'm happy to give players who make me laugh leeway at this point, and focus on hunting the non-funny scum instead...
= SpyreX - his playstyle always gives me a baseline pro-town sense. This game he comes off as slightly less engaged than other games I've been in with him but on the other hand the rate of posting this game is crazy so I think that's pretty null right now. Definitely want to wait til the dust settles and see how he plays when we're not posting 25 pages a day
=- Captain Corporal - more please...
- MoS - one post, no content. Dislike the "I'm not going to read anything" approach: @MoS you don't need to read the whole game, just read the last page or so and look for scummy posts there...
- Robotnick2 - first post suggests he is or at least was paying slight attention to the game, so why didn't he give us anything more than that?

Yeah, not keen on this UberNinja wagon.
Of the above players, and yesterday's, I'd be fine with a Robotnick2 wagon if we want to lynch someone low-contributing.

But right now I want to

VOTE: TeChNoWC

for his fence-sitting and buddying. He seems like he's trying to get on everyone's good side, and his posts don't ring sincere to me. I'm interested to hear what others think.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1082 (isolation #6) » Sat May 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by imaginality »

Chevre's case on Elmo is good, the bit about the SpryreX vote particularly.
But, after Captain Corporal's latest post, I like that wagon too.
Either would be okay with me. I'll go for CC since I think Elmo is the more likely to give us more opportunity to refine our reads of him whereas I have no confidence in CC contributing more than the minimum.

Unvote

VOTE: Captain Corporal
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1097 (isolation #7) » Sat May 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1084, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 1082, imaginality wrote:Chevre's case on Elmo is good, the bit about the SpryreX vote particularly.
But, after Captain Corporal's latest post, I like that wagon too.
Either would be okay with me. I'll go for CC since I think Elmo is the more likely to give us more opportunity to refine our reads of him whereas I have no confidence in CC contributing more than the minimum.

Unvote

VOTE: Captain Corporal

And... The possibility that he is town, or even a PR?

And you want to lynch him based on his lack of input?

I understand that you would rather keep someone in this game you can get reads on vs someone you can't who both seem scummy, but lynching people MOSTLY off their non-contribution I think, is a bad move.

You misunderstand. Why I voted CC isn't that he's not contributing because of playstyle. As I commented, it's because of his latest post, which seemed scummy to me:

(a) it shows he's paying a modicum of attention to the game (he noticed a comment about him from the previous page, 10 or so posts back)
(b) he had time to check how many posts other players had made
(c) he defended himself (briefly and sarcastically)
(d) he didn't do anything else

It's the fact he took the time to do (b) and (c) instead of scumhunting which seems suspect to me. Playing purely self-defensively is scummy.

The other comment was related to the fact that he recognised he was being criticised for lurking, but still chose to make just a one-line post. That suggests to me that we won't get much out of him just by pressuring him to contribute more, compared to some posters who do post more when they know they're under focus.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”