Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #400 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:09 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

/posts in thread.

/kills alko for taking forever just to find the thread

Ok ya, I just got back from vacation and need to read up, see what's going on, catch up on stuff, and just... ya. But I'm here now. Yay!
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #405 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:09 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Masterchief wrote:I wonder if she's lyncher and she's supposed to lynch herself. Stupid I know but with teh backwards restriction thing for CES, then I don't rule out anything.
I actually think a Jester type role is possible (which I see Glork mentioned a little while ago). A Jester needs to get lynched to win. Of course maybe there are other things that will happen when lynched, whether it benefits her, or is detrimental to the people lynching her, or something along those lines.
VisMaior wrote:
do you reveal half of his role?
I sure do!

Here:
vipers rolePM wrote:You are [...]. You win if [...]. Confirm by [...]
So we can confirm that he has a role, as well as a win condition, and has to confirm by some means... So we can rule out the loser role, now if only I knew how viper had to confirm... I think I can find out alignment.
PBuG wrote:Y'know, screw it. I don't care if my sanity changes or not, I caught scum and I can figure out my sanity over the next two days.

I may investigate at any time, but there are two weird limits (well, investigating at any time is weird on its own). One, I have to wait at least 24 hours for the result, and at most a week. Two, I must wait at least 72 hours to investigate again, and if I don't investigate within 48 hours of that, I lose the investigation. If I lose the investigation, I must wait 96 hours to investigate again.

Again, I don't particularly like this role. For my next investigation, I'm going to investigate myself. I find out under what condition my sanity changes next when I get my next result.
This role is very interesting, and Mariyta's results make it questionable (also, I'm not sure what you're PM says, but the mod might have a different interpretation of a 'full claim' or whatever it is that constitutes a sanity change.). Also, when you became sane, why did you claim and thusly cause your sanity to change again? We'll waste most of our time trying to figure out what you are.

But now that we're at it, let's prolong day for approximately a year and get results on every single player in the game, as well as that "scum" player :P.
Glork wrote:I don’t think that we should lynch DGB YET. She likely wants to be killed for a reason; she could be Jester or Kamikaze. DGB may not have lost yet, but lynching her could be bad. Remember she supposedly wants the Mafia to hit her. Something’s up, but we can’t know what. Let us wait for a reply to CDB before acting.
I don't think we should lynch her at all. I think her mention of the mafia thing is to scare off the mafia. My best guess is something happens when we try to lynch her, and so she later started saying "don't vig me, let mafia kill me" to make it sound like something bad would happen to her killer. Meaning viges wouldn't want to kill her and she'd want a mafiate to kill her, but she's making this seem obvious so that mafia wouldn't want to kill her, and I doubt that it's true (as in I'm doubtful that anything would happen to the killer, but I'm not sure.)

I'm also interested in how Channel knows that for 100% sure, but i'm not going to prod for answers right now.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #423 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:06 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

PBuG wrote:I'm shocked that nobody's called bullshit yet, I'm considering voting
myself
exactly why are you considering voting yourself. I can see how we would possibly be distrustful of you or something, but you should know your own role much better than us, and I'm wondering why you would even mention this.

And if your win condition did change, are you able to share anything about what it used to be? Anything at all?

The CD/DG case is interesting. I would like to see how it plays out later. CD, it doesn't sound like you're going to get much from DG because she is sticking with her claim that she's already 'lost' and can't win, so I'm wondering, are you still trying to find out more from her before sharing your information? Are you eventually going to share the information?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #465 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:19 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I'm pretty sure that the lyncher wins whether he's dead or alive in the end, as long as while he was alive, he got his target lynched.

I can see it actually fitting in. Being a lyncher justifies what you did yesterday, and this being Bastard Mod Mafia one could expect some of the weird things you're claiming, however some of it does seem a bit farfetched.

Your PM information is supposed to be true, such as your win condition and stuff. I'm not sure that the Mod (but I'm not going to try to outguess him :P) would simply change your alignment and win condition just because you were successful. Unless if maybe succeeding in your win condition caused you to simply win, and now you're just sitting around as extra baggage for the town to deal with. I'm not sure I trust you yet.

DGB is apparently hiding more than he has previously shown, making her a liar. I'm not sure how to act upon this information yet though because either it's related to his scum finding thing she's mentioning, she's scum and has been lying to us, or she has something really good happen when she gets lynched (points back to the jester role).

I think for now I'm going to place my
Vote: PBuG
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #474 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:25 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

PBuG, did that have to happen yesterday, or could it have happened today instead, and your condition to have a chance to win would still be fulfilled? From what I understand, it had to happen yesterday no matter what, but if you could clarify please...
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #487 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:15 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I think kohT si not voting rof llabfooggnippirD. Hey, I ma thgir. This is a melborp.
Why is it a melborp?

And thank you VM, I almost thought our mod had abandoned us and we weren't gonna have anybody count the votes for us. :P
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #491 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:25 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Glork wrote:Ack, I just noticed what could be conceived as a contradiction in my last 2 posts. Allow me to clarify: From what I have seen of PBuG’s posts, it seems apparent right now that he is scum (the last part from Post 488). But he can still prove himself worthwhile – the end of Post 489.

I’m getting good at this PR thing.
My first thought when you mentioned the post restriction was merely that you were joing, then later when you seemed serious about it, I realized you were serious, and I was honestly thinking you were lying, but right now I don't see why you would go along with such a big lie like that, it'd be too much work. But you do seem to be getting pretty good at it, I'd never have known you had a restricition w/o you mentioning it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #509 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:33 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

DGB, if there's no way that scum is going to kill you now, and that is the only way your ability will work, I see no harm in you giving away the information.

What I do see, however, is that it could help prove DB and his role, whatever it may be.

@Thok and MoS,
There are others, yes, but everything with these two have piled up so much higher than the rest, we've gotten distracted, if you think you have a lead on somebody and are willing to share, I'll try to help look into them, if I find somebody suspicious myself (which won't be for a while, I don't have much time) then I'll share it so we can get some discussion on them.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #516 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:03 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Primate wrote:DGB, in addition to the other things, if you are telling the truth why are you even bothering to defend yourself? If it was me, I would have got pissed off with a town that was attacking me so harshly a long while ago and try to screw them. I certainly wouldn't defend myself as vehemently as you have. Your behaviour suggests that you don't want to die. Simple as. Fortify is right that you are as far removed from Day 1, in which you wanted us to lynch you, as you could be.

Way I see it, we're gonna have to lynch the goofball sometime, may as well do it now. Let's assume she's telling the truth, what do we have? The loss of a neutral that has absolutely no incentive to play the game now her tell is removed.
I'm actually with PBuG here. I don't know how I'd explain why she sounded like she wanted to be lynched D1. But I don't see her now trying to simply live, but to simply reveal the truth. I feel safe believing her for now, I dunno if it'd be necessary to remove her from the game later, I'm doubtful though, which is why I don't plan on supporting her lynch today if the town leads in that direction.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #554 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:28 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I'm thinking DGB might have been a miller type role, making her appear SK on death. We still have just as many deaths last night as we did the first night, so her kill hasn't gone anywhere, which means that that specific killer is still out there. I think DGB might have actually been telling the truth for most of her role.

But right now I want to hear more from coron, and look at CD later.

Vote: coron

And finally, Fritz was a mafia traitor, and pro-town. This means he knew the mafia, and may have leaked some information to us. I tried looking over his posts last night, but didn't find anything, it might be worth it to look over his previous posts to see if his hints hint towards any players in this game. Most of his posts had no content though, simply votes.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #556 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:35 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

unvote

I don't want to give him that many votes that quickly. I want to hear from him before he's quicklynched.

I didn't realize how many he had.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #557 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:55 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I just looked over the mod's first post, and happened to see the first post by a player in this game was by coron, who randomly voted for MoS. only he didn't say random, or anything else, just "Vote: MoS" And now MoS has turned up as a mafia mason, and Coron has turned up as the cop commisioner's killer, I'm not going to use this as solid information for anything, because at best it's a very very loose connection, but I just found the coincidence, if it is one, very interesting.

But anyways, back to what I was going to say...

Actually, I'm still thinking about the CD situation right now.

I'm thinking of reasons for him, and against him. Against him, I was wondering why he would have targetted DGB to kill N1, and then nobody N2. Later I remembered we had day first, and DGB claimed all that stuff she claimed, and so it sounded more reasonable that CD would target her at night, however it still doesn't leave any room for him to target her as an SK or a Vig or whatever. I then started thinking that maybe he did in fact kill N1, and also N2, and he's just saying he didn't so that we think the kill is somebody else. Of course I realized I was just stupid because if this was true, he couldn't have gotten all of that information om DGB. This proves that none of the night kills are his, so he seems to be telling the truth so far.

It sounds reasonable that he would have done what he did if he is a vig, so I'm more inclined to believe him there.
However we have no kills from DGB, and she was supposedly an SK as claimed by the lynch post. I am doubtful that she was the SK, and was more closely to what she claimed. What I'm not sure about though, is if what the mod told her about her role was true, meaning CD must be mafia, or if the mod lied to her merely to implicate CD.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #559 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:04 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I think about 9 to lynch. I think we have around 16 alive.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #576 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:39 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Glork wrote:Hmm, then maybe DGB just didn't claim to be a Death Miller as well?

Unvote Vote: Coron
. It's time we began testing the integrity of flavor and info in Death Posts. I'd rather lynch a likely scumbag than a likely good guy in PBuG. The CDB case will likely be revisited later. Too bad DGB is not alive to talk with us.
An interesting thing to note in the DP's is that K-Scope was said to be town, he is now dead and is town. We now are told that PBuG is town. One death isn't enough to go on, but we'll see what happens later with this...
Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:Coron why wait to defend yourself when you seem to have the time to read other's posts and comment on them? Is it because you're scum that need time to come up with a clever claim?
At first he said he was going to be gone for a while, I believed him, but with him posting short responses to everybody, this is what I'm starting to think.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #594 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:18 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Well, seeing as we're having 3 deaths/night, and there's only 16 players left, having you and two others confirmed might not be that bad of an idea. However it would leave some players vulnerable. I think it could possibly be beneficial to the town mostly because right now you've claimed a cop, so you're a target for the scum at night, and if you die your information is lost, but I'd like to hear from other people on this subject as well.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #605 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:27 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Glork wrote:Marc: The point was to test the integrity of that alleged message.
That's actually a good point, this is Bastard mafia, He could be trying to trick us again :shifty:.

/awaits info. from cop.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #643 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:07 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Primate wrote:Ok.

Scenario 1) Coron gets lynched as townie or mafia. 3 get nightkilled We pursue someone else tomorrow. We lynch them. 3 get nightkilled. we are at x with
dead.

Scenario 2) We pusue someone else today. We vig Coron. 3 get nightkilled. We are at x with
dead.

Scenario 3) We lynch Coron as an SK. 2 get nightkilled. We go after someone else tomorrow. 2 get nightkilled. We are at x with
dead.

So unless you believe Coron to be SK, lynching him is totally the wrong play.
This might make more sense if you defined 'x'. If I'm not mistaken, x = Coron dying + us lynching somebody other than Coron + total deaths in night until the following day.

So looking this over, vigging Coron is much better than lynching him, however, do we know if we have a vig in this game?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #645 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:30 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Ah yes that's right. In that case I think we should have CD vig Corong, that'll help confirm CD a little more, and in your scenario, give us fewer deaths.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #659 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:31 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

VisMaior wrote:Ill have been V/LA-d from friday for a week. No cheating while Im gone (UYRAI).
Just because we can't cheat doesn't mean we can't post... Well, unless if we're all cheating in every post. :shifty:

But seriously, we need to bring back discussion to the thread, and umm.... do something.

Coron, I'm starting to think we should not vig because he is a claimed cop, and the only thing we have against him is the fact that the cop commisioner said he was probably the one who killed him. Like Coron said, it doesn't necessarily point at him being scum.

And I'll

vote: Fortify

Because we need more discussion, and he's done the scummiest thing I can remember (which is currently the only thing I remember). He said we can't trust vigges simply because "we don't know how they work." This isn't a good reason to not trust a vig, and we can figure out how they work through some simple tests.

Actually, Fortify, if you can, could you explain more of why you said we can't trust the vig and all that?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #673 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:55 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Primate wrote:
Der Hammer wrote:Why are you trying to start a wagon on Viper? If this is a lurker thing thenfine.
Kinda. Click on the 'show all posts' thing for viper and you'll see what I'm talking about.
You have a point.

11 posts total I counted... and none of them say
anything

How about instead of voting him, we have the mod replace him? Just skip a mod prod, he'll just post another "Oh, I forgot about this game" and continue to never show up again. I think we should just have him replaced.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #675 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:31 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I forgot to ask in my last post, but is there a way to look at all of a player's posts from a specific thread? Or do you have to go through every single post they've made on these boards?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #681 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:40 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Coron wrote:... How is taking time and being active and actually trying to find scum going to hurt the game? How about we don't run up a cop of unknown abilities on something silly like that ok?
I think what he means is taking weeks to come to a solution, due to the fact that we only get about 2 or 3 posts/day, i.e. moving very s l o w l y.....

If we don't start acting, then we're going to kill the game due to everybody just... not playing anymore. What we've been doing is bandwagonning somebody, hearing a little bit from them, everybody jumps off, we slowly bandwagon another player... etc. And as we've been doing this, people seem to be getting less and less active.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #683 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:38 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Coron wrote:The reason people are getting less active is because the scum know they're wrong and don't want to discuss how horribly wrong they are, and are hoping people will just lynch me if the game slows down.

We should start looking into bandwagoning people that AREN'T me to liven up the game amiright?
Then that also means we have mostly scum posting.

Hmm.... I seem to be voting Fortify, maybe I'll try to make a case against him in a day or two, to try to liven up discussion.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #932 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:40 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Bah! Go masons!
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1014 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:59 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

No M4yhem, I'm
dead
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1042 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

January

If Vis needs any help with the game, I'm willing to help if it'll get the game over sooner.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1204 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Dang, we losted. :(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”