RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2084 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:27 am

Post by RandomActs »

Hi folks! Thanks for the warm welcome! Thanks to Scott and the mafia gods that allowed me to play after spending hours skimming (admittedly, nevertheless hours) the game. Reincarnation happens.

As for the mass claim, I Wheezy. No, wait... Hell, who am I again?

Seriously, I think the mass claim should wait until we have no confirmed scum. No use giving targets to the scum tonight until we run out of options. Let's lynch Bob now and keep the claiming for when we're stuck.

Vote Bobsnox

Juls wrote:I am starting to think this "vig" group might be gambitting mafia.

Agreed. I was thinking the same. Until the hammer comes on Bob, I think we should direct the neighborhood kill for tonight. There seems to be some suspicion about their loyalty. Until their alignment is confirmed I think the town should direct them.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2091 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 am

Post by RandomActs »

If the neighborhood is mostly town they should let the town direct their fire according to whom we feel is scummiest. So far they've hit only town. Bad luck? Or design? It's their actions (and the results) that say more than anyone's gut feel about them. Plus, this pre-condition of theirs allows them to bandwagon without suspicion. Well, I'm sorry, but I'm getting suspicious.

Again, someone please explain why the mass claim today when we already have a lynch lined up? Why give the scum the identity of potential power roles when we don't need to do it now? The only reason to do this now, imo, is if we need a target for the neighborhood tonight.

Flavour Analysis wrote:Random Acts was viewing but didn't even say anything.

Yes, I often read the thread, think offline, and then post later, hopefully more intelligently than if I respond off the cuff.

Yes Ray is AWOL it seems, and Kunkstar has posted only once.
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2099 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:44 am

Post by RandomActs »

Am I missing something?? Why the mass claim when we have a lynch ready to go? It would mostly help the scum tonight. If that sounds scummy to you, SpyreX, I don't get it.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by RandomActs »

In post 2100, SpyreX wrote:Massclaim because its massclaim time.

Then we can play part and parse.

And the scum won't part and parse as well?

Whatever. It's a mistake. And I sincerely hope I dont hafta say "told ya so."
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2105 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Ok then /sigh of resignation

But I feel more comfortable with didin claiming last rather than Spyrex. If we trust him with the mini-game we can trust him with the final claim.

Also, I've done some thinking and concluded there must be some town within the neighborhood. And that should be verified when Bob flips scum.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2112 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by RandomActs »

jmurph3 wrote:Oh, and flavor for my role is the Bullseye gets very lonely without his pals Woody and Jessie and thus is always looking for them.

I want RandomActs to claim next.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2113 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by RandomActs »

jmurph3 wrote:Oh, and flavor for my role is the Bullseye gets very lonely without his pals Woody and Jessie and thus is always looking for them.

I want RandomActs to claim next.

Neighborize with me tonight, jmurph. You can confirm I'm Jessie.

Yes, I think blonde doctor needs to claim.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2116 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by RandomActs »

In post 2114, jmurph3 wrote:@RandomActs: Are you VT?

Definately town. And it won't help the town if I say any more. If we can talk during the night I can tell you more then.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2119 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by RandomActs »

jmurph3 wrote:
@RandomActs: If I neighborize you tonight, we will not be able to talk until N5 (assuming we are both still alive). If you have a pertinent role, it might be best to claim it now before the mystery of it leads to your death.

Ok, but this is nuts.

Jessie is a cop. While under inHim's control, (night 1) there was a guilty result on chkflip, now kunkstar. I don't know why he settled on chkflip. That was his choice. All I know is the result. On night 2 there was an innocent result on mikehart (who ironically turned out to be me in another life)

This is why I was suggesting the vig group should be directed, and of course I was going to try to steer them to kunkstar tonight. It's no longer a suggestion. It NEEDS to be done.

Now that it's out there, I have one thing to add: If we have a doctor/protector in the town, I want no protection. I can't tell you why, but let me emphasize, I want NO PROTECTION from a doctor or protector.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2134 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:35 am

Post by RandomActs »

farside22 wrote:@RandomActs: Did inhim or do you know if there was any results for night 3?

Brian gave me no results for N3, but by then the position was vacant.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2136 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:47 am

Post by RandomActs »

Juls wrote:Brian?

Ugh. Sorry. I mean Scott.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2147 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:50 am

Post by RandomActs »

@ Rainbow and Farside - Do you each confirm a Kinkstar target tonight?
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2157 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by RandomActs »

farside22 wrote:
@ Rainbow and Farside - Do you each confirm a Kunkstar target tonight?

Already confirmed I would. Will confirm again that my target tonight will be Kunkstar.

Ok, sorry I missed it.

Rainbow, are you on board?
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2180 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:20 am

Post by RandomActs »

Yes, it matters. I'd like an answer, also.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2186 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:38 am

Post by RandomActs »

kunkstar7 wrote:VT here. I'll eat the vig tonight as the 1v1 is favorable for the town, just make sure you don't let RA get away with it in the morning.

You got it backwards. Chances are I won't be here in the morning, and you'll be the one-for-one scum I ID'ed.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2188 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:02 am

Post by RandomActs »

And how is the "town JOAT" not being killed, yet VTs are dropping like flies?

Noted as well. The JOAT claim is wearing thin. Could be scum or SK laying low.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2195 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 am

Post by RandomActs »

Flavour Analysis wrote:I docced Murph because she's mod confirmed Bullzeye. Pretty town to me.

Did you think she was seriously threatened for a night-kill? Why not investigate someone scummy instead?
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2197 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by RandomActs »

unvote

Only because a possible mod-kill may bring us too close to the lynch threshhold.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2205 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:38 am

Post by RandomActs »

@ Rainbow - THIRD time for this question: Are you committed to a Kunkstar vig tonight?
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2210 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:58 am

Post by RandomActs »

Rainbowdash wrote:
RandomActs wrote:@ Rainbow - THIRD time for this question: Are you committed to a Kunkstar vig tonight?

No cause im really going to vig anypony but whichever of bob/kunk we don't lynch today.

Assuming we lynch bob today, I'm taking that as a "yes." Correct me if I'm wrong.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2212 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:11 am

Post by RandomActs »

What's the matter, little pony? Horn envy? :wink:
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2221 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:57 am

Post by RandomActs »

The percentages don't quite apply because we have a number of players we perceive as solidly town or leaning town. By my count, 7 I don't consider Ray among that number. Even if there are as few as 5 scum left that leaves 3 neutrals/townies who have not distinguished themselves. Take away the 2 scum we've identified, and the odds come down to 3 to 3, or 50% chance. Of course if there are more than 5 scum left, the odds of hitting a scum go up.

I could be wrong and have scum hiding among my town reads. Nothing is for certain, but I thik the odds favor the town if we let the mod-kill go on.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2239 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Bob, don't you understand that the game mechanics dictate that you are mafia? A hider cannot be killed unless he hides behind a scum. Jak hid behind you last night and this morning he's dead. How else can it be explained?
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2244 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:24 am

Post by RandomActs »

bobsnox wrote:I got it, but all I know is I'm town and I'm going to flip town. There's nothing that says Jak for sure hid behind me. Maybe he got roleblocked or something.

Roleblocking a hider. You know, this sounds plausible to me. But I don't know the mechanics well enough to say. If this is true we'd have to account for a third night kill. Help anyone?

Juls wrote:There are three possibilities in my mind (from least to most likely):
1) You are all scum - possible, it would be a big gambit that could pay off massively. The fact that none of you have died and Rainbowdash is banging the drum for your lives makes me very fearful of this.
2) You are all town - possible.
3) One or two of you are town - This is most probable to me. It's based on reads primarily but the mechanic to me makes perfect sense with 2 town and 1 scum. Nanook would definitely be the scum in this scenario. He has done nothing but rest on his laurels since his "vig group" started having his back. Even his own vig group admits he does nothing in the QT.

1) If Bob is indeed town, this becomes more likely. Once again I point out that their precondition allows them to bandwagon without suspicion.
2) Yes, possible
3) Actually I get more reads from Rainbow than from Nanook. To cast aside reason for loyalty is a losing strategy for town. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2276 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:16 am

Post by RandomActs »

In post 2274, Juls wrote:Who does random replace again? If it was the original Kendall slot I can trust the results 100% and I am good with that.

Kendall --> InHim --> Me
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2286 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by RandomActs »

No objections here.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2303 (isolation #26) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:42 am

Post by RandomActs »

Juls wrote:Random, who was your investigation?

I got no result last night.

The Aliens have their own agenda. They cannot be trusted.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2308 (isolation #27) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:02 am

Post by RandomActs »

vote Kunkstar
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2379 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:58 am

Post by RandomActs »

So Rainbow, when all the townies are gone and you are still alive, you win yes? Nor do the scum have to kill your team off to win, yes? How many townies have you killed so far? And you want us to trust you, why? I was LOL when you said you were saving the game for the town. Until last night you were a liability. I suggest you be more sure of your targets or keep your claws to yourself. Nothing says you *have* to take a shot if you’re not sure. Does it?

The only case Rainbow has against Juls is that she doesn’t take any of Rainbow’s crap (excuse me, manure.) I get nothing but town vibes from Juls.

I think the mob has safe claims. We’ll know more when Kunkstar flips, but the two dead scum so far had roles that were definitely evil in the movies. I expect the same from Kunkstar. For this reason, I’m inclined to leave FA (Woody) alone for now. No one has countered the name. I think it's a reach to finger FA. PJ's case is built upon bad play, but bad play does not equal scum.

By the way, I can confirm I've been neighborized by JMurph.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2381 (isolation #29) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:25 am

Post by RandomActs »

In post 2380, Rainbowdash wrote:No I would lose then since there is no town alive to meet town win condition meaning my win condition is not met. We do have to kill all scum because we win with town specifically, not scum.

If you require a town win for your win condition, then you'd be town, period. But you flip pink, not green. I don't believe you. I think you win merely by surviving.

So then who is scum my little pony? If FA, the masons and you are all town, it sounds like your list is the same as mine.

My suspects are PJ, Rhinox, and Peregrine.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2382 (isolation #30) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:45 am

Post by RandomActs »

In post 2376, SpyreX wrote:We need to figure out whats up with the hider being dead and NOT behind bob because the only other person mentioned would be - ntw.

And if he died behind a "survivor neighbor" then I'm calling super teaparty.

I agree we need to figure this out. Any theories?
(And you might want to explain this teaparty thing. Nobody gets it.)
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2409 (isolation #31) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by RandomActs »

I noted the same. My pm mentioned jmurph, not bullseye.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2413 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Mod - What is a strongblocker?

Can either use strongman ability or roleblocker ability in a given night.
Last edited by Scott Brosius on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2421 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by RandomActs »

In post 2419, diddin wrote:With the blocker apparently dead RA should have a result.

No results from me, I'm afraid. Jessie's investigations were limited to 2, and those were used up even before I took on the role. I haven't revealed this because I was hoping the scum would waste a NK on me. It hasn't happened, obviously. But now that we're close to end game, and after consulting with jmurph last night, I thought it would be best that we were all clear about what assets we have on hand. Unfortunately investigations are no longer among those assets.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2425 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by RandomActs »

None of that.
Last edited by Scott Brosius on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2429 (isolation #35) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Well, OK. I saw no rule about quoting myself, but so be it.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2431 (isolation #36) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by RandomActs »

I'm in for today's plan, but let's see how things unfold before we plan tomorrow.

Vote Rhinox
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2452 (isolation #37) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:27 am

Post by RandomActs »

When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful...

I'm not feeling the love, people.

(Sigh) Back into permanent storage...
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2612 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:50 am

Post by RandomActs »

In post 2455, jmurph3 wrote:Goodbye, Jessie. Bullseye will miss you... Image

Really, Jmurph?
REALLY??
Oh the heartbreak!

Seriously, though I joined the game at page 88. I spent days reading through the early game. It was fascinating and painful. (Still shaking my head over Fourseen's "bored vanilla townie" stunt.) Then after all that reading I got NK'ed without ever getting to post. (Thanks Rainbow grrrrr.) Thankfully another slot was open, a better one I think, since most folks thought Kendall was town, and I even had a cop result to share.

I read the early game knowing the result of the Umbrage lynch, and at the risk of inflating her ego even further, I was seriously impressed at glowball's performance. Knowing Umbrage's alignment as I read probably tainted my impressions, but they are what they are. Well done, m'lady.

I thought the neighbor alignment I was in was odd. Why was "Bulleye" the lynchpin? Why coudn't I neighborize with Woody myself? I think it's clear now it was for game balance. Jmurph could hear the private thoughts of two power roles on the town side, and neither FA nor I could confer directly. We had to go through Jmurph or post in the thread. And I swallowed the Bullseye safeclaim hook, line and sinker. It was only when I was dead and Jmurph was making up our conversations that I knew she was scum. If I hadn't specifically flipped as a "2 shot" cop, I'm sure she would have passed on some bogus cop result from me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”