Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:41 am

Post by VitaminR »

VitaminR strolls in nonchalanty, deeply disturbed by the lack of spectacle surrounding his entrance. Where are the smoke machines? Or the flames?WHERE'S MY INTRO MUSIC?

Someone bring me music and a drink. Also, get these harrowing lights dimmed.

I'm offering 150 pounds, no... make that 500, for a good piece of intro music.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:18 pm

Post by VitaminR »

VitaminR sulks in the corner. He is used to being the centre of attention. Turbo getting intro music was the last straw. It was good tacky and annoying rock too!

YEAH! LET'S PARTY!

Largely ignored, VitaminR turns to a bottle of something cheap and strong. Musing about the connection between lemons and lemmings, he totters about shakily. He winks suggestively at the wall and collapses onto the floor.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 am

Post by VitaminR »

VitaminR snores loudly in his seat. The bottle of something cheap proved too much for him. His brightly-coloured suit was creased and faded.

As if haunted by something, his snores became sporadic bursts. His breathing sped up alarmingly. Suddenly, he seemed to explode awake.
MAGGIE! NO!
He screamed, as if occupied by some unholy terror from his past.

Panting and sweating, he was wide awake and frighteningly sober.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:42 am

Post by VitaminR »

I feel wronged. Why this just now I'm sober?
These masks are freaking me out. Everything here is freaking me out.
For instance, what do we do with this dead Russian guy?

Anyway, NOMINATIONS!

I can deal with those! I hope no-one skips me, though.

Nominate: Cogito Ergo Sum
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:23 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I concur that one nomination for every person would be useful. I should think that would be enough to nominate the most suspicious people. Sure, we can use all of them, but in all probability that means either a large group of players is disregarded in the lynch phase or we have so many candidates that is hard to get anything going.

Anyway, why has everyone skipped me? I just need a little attention. Just one nomination, please.

PLEASE!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:10 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Well, dear lady, it is a mere quirk I would like to be indulged in. It is vital to me, although that may seem strange at this point. That is all there is to it.

JUST INDULGE ME!

You make a good point about DGB. I think I will follow on you that.

Unnominate: Cogito Ergo Sum
Nominate: DrippingGoofball
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:57 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Of course I'll answer your question, DrippingGoofball. It is just a character quirk and nothing to worry about.

I've started to notice a lot of people are using their nominations in a useless way. After three or four nominations any following nominations do not matter at all. Seems an easy way not to commit while appearing to do so. I can see the need for more than the required two, but is six really necessary?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am

Post by VitaminR »

Spamwise and the silent speaker, it is my understanding that nominees only need two nominations to be available for lynching. Why then are nomination leaders important? Do we need them to keep our suspicions sorted?

RELY ON MEMORY, your trusted friend. How accurate a reflection can the nomination table be for individual players?

I'm not sure nominating players for nomination-bandwagoning makes that much sense. It is not really beneficial to scum to pile on nominations, other than the fact that they do not have to make their own decisions. I think we just need to ensure there isn't a very limited group of players eligible for lynching, because then scum can bandwagon to ensure only pro-town players are in that group.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:59 am

Post by VitaminR »

I read the rules, yet somehow forgot. I don't really see how that can be a subtle attempt, but I will watch your dogged hounding with interest. I hope this mistake not epitomise my play in the rest of the game, though.

Anyway, RE-EVALUATION!

As it stands now we have DrippingGoofball, Kelly Chen, Fritzler and mikeburnfire up for lynch.

I don't really see what Kelly Chen has done to warrant that place, but I find it interesting that Kelly has nominated both Fritzler and Mikeburnfire to take the heat off.

I shall join in the piling on of nominations.

Nominate: Kelly Chen
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:48 am

Post by VitaminR »

Fiasco, I'm used to that kind of behaviour from Fritzler. It doesn't stand out as remarkable. I don't particularly appreciate his style, but I have to admit it says very little about his scumminess.

Also, I don't need any more nominations today.

THE DEMAND HAS BEEN SATISFIED!

PJ, Kelly's nomination of Fritzler may not have been early on that wagon, but the post in which he was nominated fits the later MBF nomination very well. Essentially three OMGUS-nominations on players that make good potential bandwagons. CES and Fritzler often find themselves under fire Day 1. CA was mentioned a lot pre-game.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:19 pm

Post by VitaminR »

It is very interesting to see both Mathcam and Tamuz nominate me for "what has been said" about me without commenting on my response at all.

NICE!
I hope you guys have read my posts before nominating me.

Also, I don't understand why Tamuz has singled me out of the three people on 3 at that point. Or why mathcam has decided to break the 4-nomination ceiling to reduce the number of candidates from 5 to 3.

I'd like to see a response from both before the deadline. I hope I get it.

Unnominate: Kelly Chen, Nominate: mathcam, Tamuz
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:53 am

Post by VitaminR »

COULD SOMEONE GIVE ME A RESPONSE WITH ACTUAL CONTENT?

So far, about four of five people have dismissed my response to accusations and my nominations without giving me a reason why. Should it be evident to me that my nominations are not serious or that I have no evidence against mathcam or Tamuz? Because as far as Day 1 suspicions go, I find them pretty valid.

Maybe someone could find the time to enlighten me.

DGB's recent behaviour hasn't set off any alarm bells and as my nomination was based on a minor thing:

Unnominate: DrippingGoofball
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:15 am

Post by VitaminR »

Yes, I missed that. To be honest, I was more concerned with getting a response out of other players, because I don't really feel the suspicions on me are warranted. I also note that this point has somehow stopped you responding to my request.

THANK YOU!

Also, I haven't really focused on forcing ties. More on the people who I find it suspicious. Having said that, I do recognise its importance. So, PJ, why don't you unnomination me to bring about a new tie at 4 nominations? Or anyone else for that matter. Or unnominating MBF.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:21 am

Post by VitaminR »

VOTING! So many fond memories.

I'm mildly annoyed by the lack of response I've gotten, but I suppose it is not really relevant now that we're in the voting phase. It's a quick phase and in order to avoid the no-lynch danger I think we shouldn't muddle the discussion.

With that in mind, DrippingGoofball, why are you pushing this Hitler thing? Also, I think speculation on set-up may not be the most productive thing to do right now.

I'm still suspicious of mathcam and Tamuz for nominating me without taking my response into account, especially at a time where this may have taken the heat off them and their possible positions as lynch candidates.

I'm leaning towards mathcam because of the non-commital nature of his post today.

I think Turbovolver's actions on the Adele wagon were suspicious, but I'd like to see what his ability does before I consider voting him.

So, for now:

Vote: mathcam
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:01 am

Post by VitaminR »

I voted mathcam when I thought Turbo was scummier, because I was waiting to see what his ability would do. NOTHING, apparently.

I'm inclined to believe DrippingGoofball's claim at this point. I'm not sure why she is the vote leader. In my eyes, Turbo's actions earlier this phase stand out in scumminess. I don't see why lying about a possible ability gets him off the hook.

Unvote: mathcam, Vote: Turbovolver
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:25 am

Post by VitaminR »

I really don't like that self-vote. If Turbo is town, accepting a lynch is never a good idea. I don't think it gives THAT much information. Not enough to justify giving up, anyway.

After all, your suspicions from a confirmed point of view do not bring us much. In practical terms, they are not worth more than an individual player's suspicions as anyone can analyse the thread from the certainty of at least one player's alignment.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:12 am

Post by VitaminR »

Poor monkey.

Okay, here is the DEAL:

I need to be on the lynching block today. Also, I need one vote in the lynching phase.

As for suspicions, I am still annoyed by the lack of justification given by mathcam and Tamuz for their quick deadline votes. I thought they were dangerously close to just taking the heat off themselves. I see no reason not to return to those nominations.

Nominate: mathcam, Tamuz
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:36 am

Post by VitaminR »

I assure you there is nothing wrong. This is just vital to me. I NEED to be on the lynching block. It doesn't even seem like a particularly good idea to me, but it cannot be avoided. I need the town to do this.

Are you yourself okay? You didn't sound like yourself for a moment.

CES, while I applaud your fervour, I don't like your response to DGB at all. It seems completely exaggerated. Why is DGB's skepticism suspicious? Should she follow strange requests immediately? Your re-phrasing of her earlier comment seems over the top, also.

I don't want to pile on nominations and Tamuz didn't set off any alarm bells in Day 1's lynching phase so I'll unnominate Tamuz to nominate CES.

Unnominate: Tamuz, Nominate: Cogito Ergo Sum
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:15 am

Post by VitaminR »

Sorry Fritz, I mixed that up. It was the fact that mathcam and Tamuz voted me based on accusations I had responded to, without acknowledging my response. Their continued silence on the subject has not helped either.

DGB, yes, the important word here is VITAL. If my request is not followed, I won't be able to stop my life will slipping out of my grasp.

Fiasco, I'm not sure where your reluctance comes from. I do not need to replace a candidate if my nominations are just kept level with the third-place nominee. It doesn't have to be a trade-off at all.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:52 pm

Post by VitaminR »

"I am gone forever." Exit, pursued by Commodore Amazing.
"Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Commodore Amazing!"
"More Commodore Amazing, with less art."

Do I get the PART?

DGB, there aren't any forbidden words. I'm sorry if I gave that impression, I was trying to stay in character a bit. Although that is hard to do under such a request, "I'll die" didn't seem an attractive way of phrasing it. Pure aesthetic concerns there, I'm afraid.

As for nominating myself, it's just not something I've focused on. I thought getting the request across was more important.

Nominate: VitaminR
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:29 am

Post by VitaminR »

I really don't like how mathcam and Tamuz are again slipping under the radar without responding. I have asked for a response with content at least three times now and have yet to see an attempt. Doesn't this strike ANYONE ELSE as odd?

Tamuz, why did I put you and mathcam together? Because you both did and keep doing the same thing.

I really don't like your latest post. Have you missed why I am being nominated? What stupid things have I been spouting?

That post sounds awfully close to scum trying to distance himself from the leading nomination wagons. You agree with them, yet don't commit strongly. Also, your comments betray that you haven't really read the reasons for the wagons.

Unnominate: CES, nominate: Tamuz
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:50 am

Post by VitaminR »

It is suspicious that it was based accusations that I had responded to, and in my opinion adequately, but ignored my response to said accusations.

Call it BIZARRE if you want.

About the self-nomination, I do not see a reason to push for a maximum of nominations. I merely wish to be tied for third place so not to limit our choices. That's why the exact number of nominations did not matter to me. I put on my own nomination eventually, because I think it is a bit unfair to ask other to limit their nomination choices without doing so myself and to not give an unfair image of to what extent my request is governed by external stipulations.

Glad to get that vote in, though.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:19 am

Post by VitaminR »

Mathcam, eh? First off, I am MALE. Secondly, where is my sketchy role claim? Thirdly, where have my explanations been dodgy?

I'm not sure why people are going on about this self-nomination thing. There is nothing behind it, it was just something I overlooked initially. Not sure what's so scummy about it.

Tamuz, I have given you an explanation why I put you and mathcam together in that aspect. Maybe you missed it or maybe I wasn't clear so I'll reiterate my statement: I put you two together because you did the same scummy thing.

Commodore Amazing, I just need one vote in the lynching phase and mathcam has already graciously volunteered to take the honours. No worries there.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:20 am

Post by VitaminR »

I don't understand Mikeburnfire's reluctance to repeat these lines and it strikes me as odd. Too blatant to be scummy, but odd NONETHELESS. Strange public requests are not often motivated by evil intentions in a mafia game. It would be too obvious. In any case, it would be prudent not to judge players on such requests and acquiesce unless given a good reason not to.

Seeing as I can't nominate myself, just in case it's necessary:

Unnominate: VitaminR
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:55 am

Post by VitaminR »

I'm glad to be on the lynching block. Finally I get some attention.

I will stick to my suspicions for the moment and vote mathcam. His response to my accusations feels off and he still hasn't do so adequately, addressing all the points.

I am REALLY not that comfortable with a DrippingGoofball lynch and although her last post was very entertaining to read, I hope she doesn't give up on us. I don't think the quick pile-up on her in terms of nominations was justified and I have to agree with CA that in my experience people who claim early are rarely scum.

If it really comes down to it though, I'll at least make sure to find DGB a nice plump Goliath beetle larva.

Vote: mathcam
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:20 am

Post by VitaminR »

I THINK there might be a misunderstanding. After double-checking, I think the vote does not need to be permanently kept on. So CES should feel free to unvote and vote someone else.

Adele has struck me as suspicious, but I will refrain from voting her until I've thoroughly read through the case against her. I don't have the time for that right now I'm afraid, so both that and mathcam's request will have to wait.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:17 am

Post by VitaminR »

Mathcam, it was the fact that you nominated me agreeing with what had been said about me, but without seeming to acknowledge my response.

Upon re-reading the case against Adele, I came to the following conclusions.

A lot of suspicion seems to have accumulated around her 11th hour nominations Day 1. I personally thought her reasoning for that was valid.

There are, HOWEVER, a few things that did struck me as odd. The first was her nominations in clumps of three Day 1. Seen separately these two instances had good reasoning behind them, but viewed together it is awfully convenient. It casts suspicion on a maximum of people, yet fails to make a strong statement (an accusation alongside two others has less effect than a direct accusation).

The second was her votes for DrippingGoofball. Firstly because I believe DGB to be innocent and secondly because she seemed willing to trust Turbo on his Malcolm X claim, but not DGB on her Ingersoll claim. Now I understand Malcolm X is a well-known figure, but in terms of verbosity and eloquence I don't think a radical distinction should be made.

The third and last thing I found odd was her vote on Turbo. It seems purely based on his self-vote and does not adequately address her earlier concerns.

I feel this wagon has enough merit. In view of the deadline I will place my vote accordingly.

Unvote: mathcam, Vote: Adele
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:54 am

Post by VitaminR »

I am UNSURE what to think of Pooky's defence of Adele. If he is basing this off more than a hunch, I'd like to hear it instead of having to try to interpret vague hints.

I am annoyed by Pooky's continuous bitter referencing to the word "merit." As far as I can tell, only Fritzler and me used the word. I think I gave adequate reasoning for my decision. Are you then referring to Fritzler? If so, please just say so. That allows us to actually address it.

Pooky has a valid point when it comes to Adele's Turbo vote, but there are still enough unaddressed (or unexplained) points for me to stick to my vote for now. Especially with the relatively slow pace at the moment and the looming deadline.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:18 am

Post by VitaminR »

I believe Adele's claim in that I believe she is Cyrano de Bergerac and possesses the ability to put words into people's mouths. I do not, HOWEVER, see how she expects this to clear her. How is this ability useful to the town? How has the town been helped by DGB's strange statements?

If you are pro-town, why even use it like this?

I'd like to see Adele answer these questions and others that have already been put forward, if still possible in the short amount of time we have left 'till the deadline rolls around.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:21 am

Post by VitaminR »

LML's posts read as a bit STRANGE to me today. I don't, however, see a reason not to believe his claim.

I think the fact that CES's posts reveal three SATANs is a bit too obvious. This does not sit well with me. I do think, however, that he should at least be on the lynching block for it.

I'm not sure what to do with CA's claim as it does not bring us a lot of information at this point. The "good hanging"-bit will come in very useful later, though.

In other news, I would like a NOMINATION. It would make my day. Just the one.

Nominate: Cogito Ergo Sum
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:48 am

Post by VitaminR »

I am PUZZLED by Pooky's insistence that CES is lying. I am personally very much inclined to believe CES's claim, also because the post restriction is too obvious for scum. With his odd behaviour towards Adele in mind this deserves a nomination.

I wonder what kind of significance LML's role has. Did Adele pick up on this? Or is it some automated form of "premonition" coming from our strange Auditor-like hosts?

I have no idea, but its unreliable nature worries me.

Unnominate: CES, Nominate: Pooky
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:42 am

Post by VitaminR »

Pooky, I did not mean OBVIOUS in the sense that the posting restriction was easy to find. I meant that I thought the connection to evil was too obvious.

I agree with Seol's point about mason claiming. Consequently, I do not think it prudent to pursue CES further at this point.

I thought Pooky's point about Napoleon as Antichrist a bit strange. Surely such unsupported speculation would not be used as a basis for a role in this game.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #32) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:44 am

Post by VitaminR »

I don't think that would be a good idea, DGB. The CHANCES of picking right are very small. Also, lynching wrong off that list doesn't bring us anywhere. I think this information is potentially very useful in the endgame, but not really right now.

The LML bandwagon surprises me to be honest. The way he claimed his ability didn't strike me as scummy at all. His attack on CES was also fairly logical I thought, though perhaps pursued with too much fervour.

I still see more likely scum in Pooky.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:01 am

Post by VitaminR »

Pooky, I nominated you in the reasons I stated in my POST. I didn't like how you buddied up to Adele throughout the game, yet in the end had no factual evidence for this action. Since you seemed thoroughly convinced of her innocence, this struck me as very strange. I also thought your attack on CES did not make sense.

My comment on CA was meant to indicate that I do not believe we can derive much from his results now, but that lynching someone off the list to catch the scum on the list and clear the rest, as was suggested, is a bad idea.

Vote: PookytheMagicalBear
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (isolation #34) » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:52 am

Post by VitaminR »

All this THROWING around of accusations isn't getting us anywhere. I don't believe DGB, CES or LML are scum. DGB, why do you think LML claimed his ability without pressure? That bit really bothers me about all this.

CES's plan does not seem that trustworthy. How do we verify if the encrypted message is the right one? Surely if we can decipher it, scum can too.

Werebear's attack on CES strikes me as odd. I don't really understand the persistent streak in this town to pursue a claimed mason. Werebear hasn't really contributed much on other subjects. Seems off.

Fritzler following this vote makes me suspicious too. It seems backed by little reasoning (also the case for his earlier vote on Pooky). I don't like he sees CES as the play earlier today, fails to mention him at all among his suspects after the mason claim yet returns to him now on speculation.

Reconsidering my Pooky vote.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:40 am

Post by VitaminR »

I think I MISUNDERSTOOD CES's suggestion. It actually seems like a pretty good idea. I don't see why we shouldn't test LML's ability, although I don't think it guarantees that he's pro-town.

With the deadline in view I think I'll be keeping my vote on Pooky. Switching to Fritzler would not have much use. Also, I'd prefer a Pooky lynch to a Seol one.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #36) » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:22 am

Post by VitaminR »

I'm not that sure about this lynch. I have a bad feeling we may be lynching our third pro-town player. Mostly gut feeling. Having said that, I do think an LML lynch is better than a no-lynch. As such I'll share in the RESPONSIBILITY for whatever may come. I really hope you're right about this, DGB.

Unvote: PookytheMagicalBear, Vote: LoudmouthLee
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:06 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Petroleumjelly, I am UNSURE what to think of your nomination. I have not withdrawn my requests anywhere. I asked for a nomination Day 3 and I ask for one today. Fortunately, I have already received the necessary nominations today.

I'm inclined to believe Pooky's statement that he can verify himself easily, so I will not follow up on my suspicions there for the time being. With the field narrowed down significantly, I will follow my gut and nominate Thok and Fiasco.

Nominate: Thok, Fiasco
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:45 am

Post by VitaminR »

I will try to ADDRESS the points against me, because it seems a distinct lack of clarity surrounds them.

I have only asked to be on the lynching block once. This was because I forgot about my restriction in one post the day before. Other than that, I have always asked for just one nomination.

My voting and nominating record is poor, I admit that. My judgement has been off this game. I'm having trouble finding concrete evidence. Looking at the evidence against the two nomination leaders, I can't be the only one with that problem.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (isolation #39) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:22 am

Post by VitaminR »

I AGREE with DGB's interpretation of CA's list. It seems the one of the only clear pieces of evidence to follow among a couple of strange observations. I'm not sure what to think of Thok's lie, for example. Thok admits that he was faking a restriction and lists quite clearly what he was intentionally including, yet fails to provide reasoning for it. As far as I can tell, most posting restrictions reveal little about the players. Even what is gleaned from our satanists seems to contradict the obvious conclusion the reader would make. What purpose does it serve a pro-town player?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (isolation #40) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:43 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I will ATTEMPT to defend myself, although I do not have much confidence in the matter. There isn't much substantial evidence against me, yet it has come to this already. The silent speaker, I have stated a couple of times that I believed LML to be pro-town for his early claim. Possibly an error of judgement on my part, but not "lukewarm" in my opinion. I'm not sure what this "on top of everything else" you refer to is supposed to mean. Is this my voting record? Exaggeration does not justify a vote.

I'd like to see Thok answer some of the questions asked before I cast my vote today.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (isolation #41) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:33 am

Post by VitaminR »

Well, the direction this is heading in seems obvious and I don't want to end up explaining stuff when it is too late, so I will CLAIM.

I am SCREAMING LORD SUTCH. Unfortunately, I am not one of the most well-known figures and I don't have any special powers. I've left hints in my earliest comments, though.

I need a nomination every day because I require attention to fight off the suicidal side of my bipolar disorder. That is pretty much it. My posting restriction should be obvious.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:59 am

Post by VitaminR »

Commodore Amazing: Yes, I die if I do not get a nomination. If I am placed on the lynching block automatically, I require a vote. This happened Day 2, because I forgot about my restriction once Day 1.

This BASICALLY means I'm always at the mercy of the town. I'm not sure what to think of CA's confirmation by death proposal, though. Yeah, it'll confirm me, but I'll be dead as well. The confirmation part then seems a tad superfluous.

Not sure what to think of Seol's claim. I believe him, but the lack of solid evidence in matters such as these always bothers me. Seol has not struck me as particularly suspicious so far, though. I see no reason not to grant him the benefit of the doubt.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (isolation #43) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:09 am

Post by VitaminR »

The Silent Speaker, you point out a discrepancy in my statement: "If I am placed on the lynching block automatically, I require a vote. This happened Day 2, because I forgot about my restriction once Day 1."

The second sentence only alludes to the second part of the first sentence. It was an explanatory comment. Players are not automatically placed on the lynching block for breaking their restriction once.

I do not see how this leads you to the conclusion that my claim is SHAKY.

I also do not understand Pooky's insistence to lynch me. As CA points out, although I do not like his plan I do agree with him on this, I can be taken out of the way without effort on the town's part in any following Day Phase. Why vote me?

I still see some reluctance among players to believe meWould it help if I pointed out some very specific clues I left?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (isolation #44) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:28 am

Post by VitaminR »

the silent speaker, what is it you find so TERRIBLY, TERRIBLY suspect about my role? I think I've adequately explained the first thing you brought up. What else are you basing this on? I find your disbelief very frustrating, especially since you've ignored my offer of pointing out hints I left.

Btw, in the interest of honesty I'd like to note that I had heard of Lord Sutch. As Cogito Ergo Sum pointed out, nationality does not say everything. I recognised the name.

Pooky, why do you want to kill me so much?

I've had no more than a bad gut feeling as far as Fiasco is concerned, but with the deadline in view and the list in mind this does make him the best choice at the moment in my opinion.

Vote: Fiasco
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (isolation #45) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:32 am

Post by VitaminR »

I don't feel COMFORTABLE following through with this lynch. We've had too many rush deadline explanations so far. I believe Fiasco's claim. I don't want a no-lynch, but this does not seem a better alternative. This does not feel like the way to play this game.

Unvote: Fiasco
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:58 am

Post by VitaminR »

Looking at how Pooky's role SHOWS up, it seems pretty obvious LML was scum.

Werebear, I don't think we should ever take a claim at face value, but I don't think your scepticism is warranted. There isn't really much evidence beyond their satanism to suspect them at this point. I also don't like how you're pushing for a cop claim. The timing of that should rely on the player. The player has more information.

In other news, I need another NOMINATION today.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (isolation #47) » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:32 am

Post by VitaminR »

The silent speaker, why are you so ADAMANT I'm scum? I've not seen you answer this question, nor have you backed up your claim that my role is "terribly, terribly suspect."

Still inclined to believe the masons, although I find it interesting to note the possibility of a Pope and Satanic Nuns mafia group. There's no substantial evidence against them, though.

I'm not opposed to a Seol lynch, but I am starting to doubt the accuracy of CA's list. There do not seem to be a lot of people left not on the list and I'm increasingly unsure our scum can be found in the people not on the list. Having said that, Fiasco's claim does not look particularly solid and neither does Seol's so I suppose there is no reason not to follow the list. I'm not inclined to pursue a restricted Fiasco. That leaves Seol.

Nominate: Seol
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:58 am

Post by VitaminR »

The silent speaker, you still haven't answered my question. Why am I so SCUMMY?

Tamuz, what do you find weak? My role or my role name?

I don't agree with Werebear's persistence in pursuing the masons, but it casts him in a distinctly pro-town light. Although this provides nothing concrete, it is enough for me to greatly prefer a Seol lynch.

I'm not at all sure about Tamuz's reasoning concerning his restriction. You messed up your restriction to see if anyone would notice? Why not use a useless ability? No harm in it. In the case of a tracker, using it can even potentially confirm you.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (isolation #49) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:18 am

Post by VitaminR »

Tamuz and the silent speaker, there does not seem to be much I can do about the reasons for suspecting me. I've offered to outline the rather specific hints I've left, but I doubt that will change anyone's mind. The offer is still out there, though.

I still like a Seol lynch. There does not seem to be much else to add at this point.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:22 am

Post by VitaminR »

Great, I FORGOT to SCREAM. That means I need a vote tomorrow, because I suppose I can't COMPENSATE like this right away. Absent-mindedness is a blessing.

Getting so much attention is great, though. If only I could have had this much support for my campaigns.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:02 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I still SUPPORT a Seol lynch. I will place my vote accordingly. I do not think there is much that will sway me from this position. The claim is not particularly strong and the CA investigation was fairly useless. I will now go play guitar. I realise some of you may not be interested in this information, but I felt the need to share.

Vote: Seol
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (isolation #52) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:50 am

Post by VitaminR »

Commodore Amazing, I AM SCREAMING LORD SUTCH. Look at my very first post. I said: "I'm offering 150 pounds, no... make that 500, for a good piece of intro music."

This refers to the cash deposit asked of candidates running for election which was increased from 150 to 500 as a result of my campaigning. I left more hints. Most of them are pretty obvious once you know my role name. I am not lying, killing me off is really just going to harm the town.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (isolation #53) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:28 am

Post by VitaminR »

I agree that roles might not be completely OBVIOUS from the role names, but it is important to remember there is always a relationship between the two. Derren Brown is an eccentric character that fills the "loner" criterion of the SK. He has also been involved in things that can be viewed as dubious (brainwashing people, Russian roulette). The potential is there. Hypnotism IS manipulation.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (isolation #54) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:10 am

Post by VitaminR »

I am really just CHECKING in with this post. I am satisfied with my vote. I don't think there is much to discuss there.

I'm not sure what to think of Pooky's ability, but with the amount of information he indicated he was in possession of I think there is only one logical conclusion. It was a role-related ability.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:52 am

Post by VitaminR »

This is me CHECKING in again. I am still satisfied with a Seol lynch. He seems to have given up as well. This does not seem all that pro-town to me. Anyway, we shall soon see if this was the right choice.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (isolation #56) » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:10 pm

Post by VitaminR »

The fact that FIASCO's information appears to be lost for the moment worries me. The papal link does give us something, though. It confirms LML as scum. It is convenient, though.

I think we may be forced to abandon CA's list soon. It should be obvious at this point that it does not indicate scum and non-scum. Not clearly at least.

I think the masons are safe and I believe Fiasco.

This means I need to re-evaluate this game. There are some among the NAGH-people who have struck me as suspicious, but I admit to paying them less attention so I think a re-read would be prudent.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (isolation #57) » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:20 am

Post by VitaminR »

I agree with CES. I do not see scum encoding the names of their scumbuddies in their Day 1 posts. Completely unnecessary risk. I don't see Werebear's vehemence as justified.

On re-reading, what struck me was how Tamuz, Thok, the silent speaker and SpamWise have pretty much avoided scrutiny throughout the game.

Mostly on the basis of the list, apparently. I think it's likely a large chunk of our remaining scum is in that group. They have all voted LML, but other than that mostly voted innocents.

The silent speaker, especially, has avoided controversial positions. His votes are relatively sparse. I still think Tamuz messing up his post restriction was also very strange. I also note that he expressed complete trust in The List and said it should guide all our lynches.

I will need a vote in order to survive in the voting phase. I'd like some clarity on what the town intends to do.

Cue superfluous silliness:
These events only serve to further undermine my credibility!
Man! FRIGGIN' events!

Nominate: the silent speaker, Tamuz
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (isolation #58) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:54 am

Post by VitaminR »

I still don't really understand the mason PARANOIA. Also, I think, as a rule, cult speculation should be left for a time when there is solid evidence for it. I don't even see how a cult is a reasonable possibility in this game. There is no reveal of alignment, so the only way for the town ever to be aware of what they're fighting is killing off the cult leader (assuming the moniker would tell the town something). Even then hunting down cult members is impossible, since it is never revealed who they are.

Aww! I'm sorry, imaginary dude!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (isolation #59) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:46 am

Post by VitaminR »

The SILENT speaker, my suspicions of you are based on the fact that you have evaded scrutiny throughout the game. I don't think that was warranted. You seem to have avoided controversial positions. Votes are also sparse.

I am not going to vote anyone just yet. I'd like some clarity on my life first.
It should be noted that I do not want to die.

I have failed to prove my point!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (isolation #60) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:37 am

Post by VitaminR »

Am I going to PERISH or not? I think I deserve to know at this point. I wouldn't like to die purely because I am forgotten.

No use holding my vote at the moment.

I don't agree with a Mason lynch. I prefer a the silent speaker lynch.

Am I now to live in a world where all my future impulses towards spontaneity will be tempered with no small measure of regret?

Vote: the silent speaker
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (isolation #61) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:07 am

Post by VitaminR »

I GLEAN from recent posts that the popular opinion is for me to leave this game. I regret it, but this will cost the town. I think our scum can be found in SpamWise, Tamuz, Thok and the silent speaker.

I will keep my vote on the silent speaker for the moment, but I may switch to Tamuz.

My apocalyptic tenor has not been dispelled!
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (isolation #62) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:39 am

Post by VitaminR »

Fiasco, I think I've seen more people in FAVOUR of my death then against it. At any rate, the lack of focus on it now and the looming deadline make me relatively certain that I will die.

The silliness at the end of my recent posts has no bearing whatsoever on this game. It was just some craziness I liked to add.

I enjoyed this game, although I found it difficult to keep up at times. The format is slightly frustrating to work with, but it was a nice experience. Good luck, guys.

This will probably be my last post in the game. As such, I'll leave with what I believe to be the right move at this point.

Unvote: the silent speaker

Vote: Tamuz
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (isolation #63) » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:51 am

Post by VitaminR »

I LIVE! As usual, I need a nomination. I am, of course, in favour of me getting that nomination.

I think Tamuz's role can be read either way, really. The deception aspect points at scum, but the harmless nature of the person points at pro-town.

I still agree with the list I made yesterday, although I am starting to grow a bit suspicious of Fiasco. His claimed role does not seem hard to fake and it is all very convenient.

I don't believe in going after our only claimed protection role.

Nominate: SpamWise, the silent speaker, Thok
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (isolation #64) » Mon May 01, 2006 9:06 am

Post by VitaminR »

I AGREE with Werebear on the 3-doc thing. Thok's role seems anti-SK and certainly not near a regular doc. the silent speaker's ability puzzles me as I fail to see its use. It has not proved that efficient at roleblocking. I'm inclined to peg it a scum ability, but something similar did prove unwise before.

Sticking to my nominations for now.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (isolation #65) » Tue May 02, 2006 10:25 am

Post by VitaminR »

As I've INDICATED, I believe Werebear's claim. SpamWise and the silent speaker are the people I consider for today's lynch.

Spamwise should be able to use his one-shot ability. That leaves the silent speaker.

I will place my vote accordingly.

Vote: the silent speaker
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (isolation #66) » Wed May 03, 2006 7:35 am

Post by VitaminR »

I am ALARMED by Cogito Ergo Sum's increasing paranoia. His interpretation of the silent speaker's comment on SpamWise is exaggerated. His insistence all expect for the masons, should be killed is also worrying.

I still believe the mason claim, but this make me uneasy.

I stand by my vote.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (isolation #67) » Thu May 04, 2006 7:51 am

Post by VitaminR »

I am just CHECKING in with this post. Honestly, at this point I'm starting to believe everyone. In terms of flavour, only the masons do not sit particularly well with me. In terms of roles, however, I believe their claims.

I am sticking by my vote.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (isolation #68) » Fri May 05, 2006 4:19 am

Post by VitaminR »

I AGREE that SpamWise should target the masonship. I'm not sure what else to say at this point. There is something very odd going on. The lack of night-kills and the fact that we have no real idea how many scum we have left makes it hard for me to get a grasp on this game.

I find it hard to believe the night-kills have been all stopped by our doctor/doctors. I find it equally hard to believe we have no night-killing anti-town roles left.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (isolation #69) » Mon May 08, 2006 7:51 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I'm not sure what purpose is served by DISCUSSING my fate every day. If I am going to be killed, do it early when it gives us the most information and when the town can recover from the loss.

I see no motivation to lynch, to be honest. There are no night-kills. There is apparently no danger.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (isolation #70) » Tue May 09, 2006 10:01 pm

Post by VitaminR »

There is no harm in NOMINATING, though I'm still not sold on lynching someone. I still want to follow my list. I shall nominate SpamWise and Thok accordingly. I don't see Werebear, Fiasco or CA as scum. The others are cleared masons.

Although I personally think CES' behaviour has been a bit off, I will follow the evidence we have.

Nominate: SpamWise, Thok
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (isolation #71) » Thu May 11, 2006 5:28 am

Post by VitaminR »

Basically CHECKING in with this post. I don't see Fiasco as scum. He makes a good point about pope role names as well. Who would the other popes be?

I think SpamWise and Thok may have papal affiliations. Not convinced about the necessity of lynching, but the majority desires it I think it should be one of those two.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (isolation #72) » Fri May 12, 2006 1:14 am

Post by VitaminR »

SPAMWISE or THOK? This is the decision I'll be making this phase. That's the lynches I support.

SpamWise has proved little with his claim, but Thok has proved nothing. Cop results are easy to fake as scum, but SK-protection roles are also fairly safe.

I'm going with Thok.

Vote: Thok
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (isolation #73) » Sat May 13, 2006 4:54 am

Post by VitaminR »

I am SATISFIED with my vote. I don't support a Werebear lynch.

Eye on the TV. Eye on the TV. Here from the wild dream come true. You believed in me. Rob the grave to snow the cradle. When a flaming stealth banana split the sky like, wide open.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (isolation #74) » Sat May 13, 2006 7:04 am

Post by VitaminR »

PETROLEUMJELLY, I have never supported a Werebear vote? Why is this scummy now?

Eye on the TV. Hear from the king's mountain view.
You believed. Listen to the tales and romanticize.

Who are you to wave your finger?
Excuse me? Alrighty then.
Pure as we begin. Angels on the sideline.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (isolation #75) » Sun May 14, 2006 5:32 am

Post by VitaminR »

I don't need your vote to stay alive TODAY, Mike. Thanks for the gesture, though.

Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity. Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity. Is this a test? Mildewed and smoldering. Right now. Watch the weather change.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (isolation #76) » Mon May 15, 2006 7:25 am

Post by VitaminR »

I SUPPOSE it's clear Werebear is getting lynched. I don't agree with it. That is also clear. Why am I posting? I'm not quite sure. Shall I add some more semi-cryptic lyrics? Probably not a good idea. I do wonder if anyone recognised the band.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (isolation #77) » Mon May 15, 2006 8:02 am

Post by VitaminR »

Commodore AMAZING, I have defended Werebear from the start. His single minded vehemence in pursuing the masons does not rhyme with scum for me. I think I have been clear about this. I do not see why it is suddenly such a big deal today.

I'm not any form of equipment, but I am enjoying a multitude of days.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (isolation #78) » Thu May 18, 2006 9:32 am

Post by VitaminR »

I'm SURPRISED that anyone actually expects me to have lied about my ability. Look at the absence of night-kills. The town does not really have to be careful. I can be tested quite safely.

It surprises me to see people pushing for it. I suppose logic dictates I could be lying scum, but anyone who plays this game with any sense of instinct should know this is not a scum claim.

I don't have anything to defend myself against and my life hangs in the balance every day. Fun. I'd appreciate it if you guys could make up your minds.

CES, your blind belligerence is frightening. Everything in your behaviour points to scum, but for the mason claim.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (isolation #79) » Fri May 19, 2006 7:05 am

Post by VitaminR »

It SEEMS I'm going to die. Nice timing, everyone. It was really worth keeping me around until the point where the information you get from it will potentially come too late.

My opinions:

Scummy vibes:
CES
PJ

I believe their mason claim, but I keep coming back to them somehow.

"Logical" scum suspicions:
SpamWise
Thok

Some other things I've noticed:
Halfman basically reiterated CA's ideas. Strange without an ulterior motive.
Fiasco's claim is too convenient.

That's basically it.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (isolation #80) » Mon May 22, 2006 12:48 am

Post by VitaminR »

Thok, that would be an exercise in FUTILITY. I am not being nomination-starved because of my actions, but because of a list and masons. Also, if I do convince some, there is not enough time left to make up the balance of changed opinions.

Petroleumjelly, as I've said, I failed my restriction that day. That meant I needed a vote instead of a nomination. My restrictions haven't changed. I need to be the centre of attention, that's why I need a nomination every day. I like screaming, that's where my post restriction comes from. There is no compensation whatsoever.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (isolation #81) » Mon May 22, 2006 7:01 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I do not PERISH until the black night envelops me. Then the cold, harsh sting of your collective hatred will become too much for me. Now I can pretend to be all right for appearance's sake.

I still do not see why we are doing the scum's killing for them. If I were to use my vote, I think I'd lean towards Thok or Fiasco. The strange thing is that the only insincere vibes about role in this game are coming off the masons for me. I still believe their claim, but I wouldn't greatly mind lynching one just to be safe.

I was also thinking that "The Satanic Nun!" doesn't actually work. If it shows up for all three, how is town ever to decipher the set-up? It seems way too confusing for a game where this little role information is revealed.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (isolation #82) » Tue May 23, 2006 4:07 am

Post by VitaminR »

Petroleumjelly, for clarity, here are my restrictions and their conditions.

- I need to be nominated every day. I need to be the centre of attention. Failure means: I commit suicide at night.

- I need to scream in every post.
1st failure means: I need a nomination instead of a vote.
2nd failure (apparently) means: I am on the lynching block automatically and require a vote.

I do not know why the mason posts seem insincere, but they do. I do not know why I have no compensation for 2 restrictions. I did not ask for it.

It is nice that you are confident I will not die, but I am assuming a "confirmed by death" status. I do not see why Thok would have a role specifically aimed at helping me. Especially when my survival depends on the attitude of the town. It would not be a very well-considered mechanic.

Petroleumjelly, why would I BREAK my restriction? There is no advantage. I prefer staying in the spirit of the game.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (isolation #83) » Wed May 24, 2006 7:04 am

Post by VitaminR »

I am not CONVINCED of Fiasco's guilt. I'd much rather lynch Thok, if lynching is indeed what we were going to do.

I will vote Thok accordingly. Although I must say I'm still not convinced we should lynch. Also, this is the obligatory fifth sentence. I'm inclined to add a sixth. A seventh would completely out of line. Ah well...

Vote: Thok
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (isolation #84) » Thu May 25, 2006 1:41 am

Post by VitaminR »

This will be my LAST post of the game. I do not endorse a Fiasco lynch.

It has been an enjoyable, though frustrating game. The town should be able to bring this home comfortably, unless there is something strange going on with the masons.

I hope I don't see any "surprised he wasn't lying"-comments after this night phase.

Petroleumjelly, I think the compensation for my role was supposed to be that it is a very unlikely scum role. As a result, the town should be hesitant to kill me.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (isolation #85) » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:22 am

Post by VitaminR »

I think I played my role poorly. First time with a restriction. Failed it twice. Also supposed to have a role that would not get that much suspicion, but I somehow succeeded in convincing most of the town of my scumminess. Mike, I don't think you could have saved me.

To be absolutely honest, I let myself be thrown off completely by the lack of night-kills. I did not really believe there was a threat. I was convinced there was just something strange going on. I pretty much knew my eventual death was inevitable the first time not nominating me was discussed (too much vehemence from my opposers) and I kinda let it slip out of my hands at that point. It felt like I was just waiting to die. Also, I had the opportunity to hammer Fiasco twice and didn't.

I'm mostly leaving this game with a lot of regrets.

Credit where credit's due, though: CA and Fiasco played brilliantly.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”