Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:55 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

blah blah blah, i'm new, let's go.

@chkflip:

chkflip wrote:They have a purpose; please answer them.

why should i answer your questions? how do i know this isn't a
mafia
purpose?

moving on,
initially, i wanted to vote for beck because of this

Beck wrote:
3] What will you be known for in this game? - probably for posting something stupid and I will probably end up tunneling too hard on somebody like I have done in every game I play in.

it's unsettling to me that he's already providing an excuse for "tunneling" a member, which is often indicative of an eager mafia. i don't like this,

but

what i like even less is a bandwagon, which is why i won't vote beck at this time.

Beck (5)- diddin, bobsnox, glowball, chkflip, NanookTheWolf,

beck bandwagoners, explain yourselves, please.

next

Beefster wrote:VOTE: jmurph because you caught me as scum in a newbie game once.

only a mafia would be afraid of being caught as scum.

Vote: jmurph

explain yourself.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:58 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

bobsnox wrote: I'm on it because I want him to die <_<

explain why you want a possible townie dead so early in day one
that's not pro-town behavior in any way; i'm tempted to switch my vote to you already.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:01 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

oh yeah? well, it's also mafia playstyle

your excuses annoy, rather than placate me. stop making them.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Unvote

Vote: Beefster

i read the quote wrong and obviously can't edit.

beefster, explain yourself.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:05 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

i don't metagame anyone, if you are suspicious i'm going to note it.

i don't give a damn if you weren't mafia in those games; you could be a mafia now.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:11 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Flavour Analysis wrote:

Kendall
: I think you mixed up Jmurph with Beefster. (This means Kendall and Jmurph aren't the same alignment) What is your read on Beck?

i did. i corrected that earlier.
i've pretty much already stated my read on beck.

i don't like that he has already provided an excuse for his potential scummy behavior. to me, that is scummy in itself.

like i said, though, the bandwagon on beck is more unsettling to me than his behavior at this time.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:15 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

can someone define "RVS" for me? i'm not familiar with this term.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:31 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Kendall
: What did you think of Beck's #114? Why do you think he's using it as an excuse?

he's obviously providing an excuse for potential scummy behavior. even going as far as offering to link past games as proof.

there could be several reasons why he stated that, but the one that stands out to me is pre-informing players of his scummy tendencies before he slips up. therefore, allowing players to say "
dawww well, it's just silly ol' beck. ignore him.
"

that doesn't fly with me.
metagaming is bullshit; simply because while you may have been town in a previous game, you could very well be mafia in this one.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:33 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

flavour,

you ask a lot of questions.
a lot of salt, no grain.

what do you think?
who is scummy to you, and why?
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:45 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@beck

she*
how can tunneling be skewed as pro-town? i fail to see how ignoring other, potentially mafia, players in lieu of a single, potentially town, player can stand to benefit the town.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:48 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

i would also like to note that i'm not okay with "i'll be known for my scummy behavior" as an answer to that question.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:49 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@ everyone who answered chkflp's questions

why did you immediately answer them? did you consider that they could serve to help the mafia agenda?
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:58 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

i'm a very straight forward player. the game is fun for me, but i don't hesitate to make my opinions known, nor should i have to.

yes, i always play this way.
no, i won't change.

also, that still doesn't explain to me how tunneling can be considered pro-town.
even if you are "convinced" that person is a mafia member, there is still a chance that you are wrong. if you only tunnel that player and they flip innocent, you wasted a whole day where you could have been looking at other suspiscious members.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:48 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
I'm more or less in agreeance with you on this point

i'm quoting this to point out that i'm bothered by it. you're specifically pointing that you agree with me, and in the event you are mafia, i don't need any mafia cuddling up to me.

why did you feel it necessary to announce in thread that you agree with me?

moving on

so, you're the last vote on Beck.
why did you hop on the bandwagon?

@beck
Beck wrote:

Where I played before, it was the same 20 people every game so it is easier to pick out people's tells

why do you keep talking about other games? we are in this game right now. a new game. you're encouraging metagaming; this doesn't surprise me, since you seem to want a scapegoat for your scummy behavior.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:07 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@Umbrage

we have established that i'm agressive. that's my playstyle.
i have yet to be "called out." your vote is a logical fallacy. i do play by making my opinions known. i like to make it known who i think is scummy, and what they did to make me think that. why? because it's in the best interest of the town to call people out on their suspicious behavior. how can you skew this into anti-town behavior? and why?

bobsnox

hmm, where to start in this analysis.

first,

Beck (5)- diddin,
bobsnox
, glowball, chkflip, NanookTheWolf,

first, you bandwagon onto Beck.
now, you jump bandwagons to me because i am

bobsnox wrote:

trying too hard

so, let me get this straight:

you are voting for me because i am trying too hard to be pro-town. how is someone exemplifying extreme pro-town behavior your first suspect to be mafia? that, in itself, is a logical fallacy.

you also failed to answer my earlier question:

k e n d a l l wrote:
bobsnox wrote: I'm on it because I want him to die <_<

explain why you want a possible townie dead so early in day one
that's not pro-town behavior in any way; i'm tempted to switch my vote to you already.

i would like for the town to pay close attention to these recent, and future bandwagons on me. mafia obviously do not like my playstyle, because i
am
aggressive and will notice their slip ups. i am vocal, and, yes, i will try too hard to meet my win condition. but that definitely does not make me anti-town.

Unvote

Vote:bosnox

he doesn't like people trying hard to be pro-town, and wanted to kill beck for the sake of him dying; not exactly the most pro-town behavior. not to mention that he is on the first bandwagon, and now hopped on the second.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:13 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@nanook

what specifically do you find scummy about his vote? i'm confused because you contradict yourself. if you think he is just voting for him because he doesn't like him, rather than actually having a reason, what make you believe he has a mafia agenda behind it?
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:44 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@flavour

while i appreciate a good analysis, i don't like that you pinpointed that you think i am town. for all i know, you could be mafia, and i do not want a mafia to buddy up to me.
not to mention other players could interpret it as us being scum-buddies.

i think that bobsnox is likely mafia.
why are you voting for umbrage, rather than bobsnox? it seems that you have ample suspicion for bobsnox, but instead voted for umbrage just because he voted me with stupid/no reasoning.

that doesn't sit well with me; you think that bobsnox is mafia, yet voted for umbrage.

this is strange too:

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Umbrage
:
Scum
. Just saw his recent post. I didn’t like his suspicion of alpha dogs being a reason for voting Kendall. (Bad reasoning and Scummy). Bob gets scummier for voting along without expressing thoughts on Kendall before.

you basically stated that you found umbrage suspicious because of his lousy reason, but then you go back to bob being "scummier."

yet, you vote for umbrage. logically, i would assume you'd vote bobsnox, since you had more suspicion of him.

you could easily be distancing yourself from bobsnox. this is exemplified when you pit yourself against him, yet vote for someone else.

this makes me more uncomfortable of your outward association with me in thread.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:56 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Flavour Analysis wrote:
About Chkflip's questions
: I answered those questions because the info can be useful to town. Mafia already have info (They know who is town) so withholding info because the person asking may be mafia is a bad idea and hurts the town. If you think the person asking is mafia, you push a case and try to get them lynched.

Questions to Kendall
:

What is your read on Chkflip? Nanook? Umbrage?
Did you think the answers benefited the town, or hurt it?

i don't like that chkflip asked the town to answer questions. while it did stimulate discussion, those questions potentially serve many anti-town purposes. a good example is when beck used the question "
What will you be known for in this game?
" to open the door to essentially say "
expect me to be scummy on accident, it's my playstyle.
" basically, giving the mafia an early chance to manipulate town subconscious.

now, whether or not beck's intention was mafia agenda is to be determined, but it's an example of one scenario.

not to mention it clogged up several pages with long, pointless answers for the most part. i'm curious as to why people blindly followed, rather than stopping to ask themselves what chk's "
purpose
" was in the first place.

i'm still waiting on nanook's answer about his vote on beck. i pointed out a contradiction, and it's unsettling.

umbrage's vote on me was scummy, for the aforementioned reasons i pointed out. whether that is because he is mafia, or a noob player/retarded is yet to be determined.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:59 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

do you believe umbrage to be mafia?
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:04 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

do you believe umbrage is more likely mafia than bobsnox?
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:15 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@flavour

why aren't you voting for who you think is
most likely
to be mafia?

@nanook

no, if someone is outwardly buddying up to me, i'm going to make it known in thread that they are doing it. if i "
let it slide
" and that person flips mafia, people could refer back to the mafia member's post history and see that they sided with me specifically. my stance that they were "buddying up to me" would be much less credible after the mafia died without it documented that i did not like how chummy the mafia member was.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:05 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@bobsnox
, the only "
evidence
" that you have "against me" is that my actions are too pro-town. that evidence certainly does not incriminate me; in fact, it does the opposite.

@flavour

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Because no one is pressuring my second suspect.

that sentence is a reasonable explanation. i was asking you those questions to test your reaction. you passed for now, but i'm still wary of your relationship to bobsnox.

What was your thoughts on tunneling again?

i think tunneling is anti-town, because you focus on only one player and avoid the scummy behavior of others.

@ray

everyone in this game has something to worry about: your win condition. so yes, based on my win condition i am worried that mafia will deceive the town. i consider every aspect of strategy, considering this is,afterall, a
strategic
game. if you play with "no worries," you fail to think, you fail to plan, and you don't meet your win condition. i like to cover all of my bases.

@umbrage

care to comment on any of your scummy behavior i pointed out? or are you going to continue tunneling me?also, it's naive to let someone "buddy up" and share your ideas without commenting on it. you run the risk of seeming allied with them.

@silver

jester is the most idiotic role in all of mafia, and i would be very disappointed if he were.

he's likely mafia, though.

@mikehard

quit talking about my offsite play; nothing annoys me more than metagame. we've all been over this
several
times. i am an admittedly aggressive player. it is my playstyle. if you can pinpoint something that makes me scummy then be my guest, but so far all that you have going is that i'm trying too hard to be pro-town.

i also find it interesting that you seem to mirror bobsnox and umbrage. again, town, notice these bandwagons and pay very close attention to them.
town reminder: mafia members are threatened by players with a voice. i guarantee that the mafia want me dead right now.

also, yes, i am distancing myself from nanook and flavour, as well as everyone else in this game; i don't trust anyone. it is day one, the only person i trust is myself.

@nanook

my mistake. i thought you believed beck to be mafia.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:13 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Ray Montano wrote:
mikehart wrote:It could be her off site experience has soured her to perceived buddying

Excuse. If we start allowing things like that to slip by the game gets way too muddled.

Flavour Analysis wrote:Ray Montano. What are your thoughts on Kendall, Bob, Umbrage, and Nanook?

I think kendall's biggest draw isn't that she's trying to hard, I think she's just throwing so much shit up there on the wall and hoping something will stick. Right from her very first post:

k e n d a l l wrote:
chkflip wrote:They have a purpose; please answer them.

why should i answer your questions? how do i know this isn't a
mafia
purpose?

k e n d a l l wrote:
Beck wrote:
3] What will you be known for in this game? - probably for posting something stupid and I will probably end up tunneling too hard on somebody like I have done in every game I play in.

it's unsettling to me that he's already providing an excuse for "tunneling" a member, which is often indicative of an eager mafia. i don't like this

k e n d a l l wrote:
Beefster wrote:VOTE: jmurph because you caught me as scum in a newbie game once.

only a mafia would be afraid of being caught as scum.

Things like this all just seem very unnecessary.

are you saying that pointing out suspicious behavior is unnecessary? that's not very pro-town of you.

Its too early in the game to be making statements like that with value. Because there's no value in it right now. In my opinion, its shit throwing.

the way i play is when i see scummy behavior, i note
1. that it has the potential to be scummy and
2. why it has the potential to be scummy.
hence the scenarios. it doesn't mean i think that particular person is mafia, it just means that i'm noting what i thought was suspicious and explaining why. yes, i am very suspicious in this game. i dissect posts, but my gameplay has yet to fail me. however, i vote for the person i believe to be mafia. at the moment that person is bobsnox.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:27 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Kendall
:

Mhmm. Btw, you didn't answer why one should vote for the most likely mafia, instead of the second or third likely mafia. Could you get to that?
Thank you for clarifying your stance on tunneling. I feel it helps get your scumpick lynched. I generally spread pressure around.

a push vote is understandable, if it's retracted once the player has responded to satisfaction. however, i believe that it is anti-town to not vote for who you believe to be mafia. it serves the best interest of the town to be voting for who you think is most likely to be mafia. if you think someone is mafia, but vote for someone who you think is less suspicious, that could hurt the town. it makes no sense to vote for one person, when you believe someone else is more likely to be mafia.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

i would like to point out that my aggressive playstyle has a purpose - to upset the mafia.

pay close attention to those who bandwagon onto my lynch, town.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:38 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Ray Montano wrote:

If your win condition is to player for yourself then great! You're probably doing an amazing job. But if your win condition is to play on a team with players who do not know anyone's alignment and can only gain information from logical assessment points (of which you should be helping to provide) then booooo. You are failing. It seems to me that you are only concerned with numero uno and that is not a pro-town attitude.

explain to me which of my arguments is not
"logical
" also, explain how i have neglected to provide any logical assessment points. are you trying to say that none of the scenarios make any sense?

if so, then that's excellent. be my guest, dissect each of my arguments and point out my logical fallacies. i encourage it.

No. I'm saying that pointing out "suspicious behavior" (in quotes because none of that really was) and then explaining why that would make them scum is unnecessary.

tell me how explaining what is suspicious about someone's behavior is unnecessary. would you prefer we all just say "
kendall is suspicious
" and leave it at that? no. you have to state who is suspicious, and what they did to make them seem that way.
it doesn't make them mafia
but it keeps a record of suspicious things that they did.
all that we have to go off of in this game is words, and you better believe i will pay close attention to each post and try and figure out why someone posted it.

k e n d a l l wrote:the way i play is when i see scummy behavior, i note
1. that it has the potential to be scummy and
2. why it has the potential to be scummy.

Then we're going to have some issues. Because #2 is fine when you're attempting to lynch a player. But if you're providing #2 with every single #1 you give then you're already killing discussion because you've eliminated the need to discuss the validity of #1. And discussing out #1 is where you find players slipping up. You only have to throw out #1 and #2 if you're attempting to lynch a player or you're desperate for any suspicion on any player.

you can't have number 1 without number 2. if someone does something suspicious, there has to be a reason why you think it's suspicious. case and point. you are all spending too much time talking about how aggressive i am, and have neglected to even look at my arguments and do the "
discussing
" you talk so much about. i have done what i'm supposed to and note suspicious material, now you should all look into them.

see what i had to say.
by all means, refute it.

but don't sit there and call my arguments/scenarios illogical without explaining where i am wrong.

i'm still waiting for that explanation, by the way.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:38 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

that goes for all of you,
whether you are suspicious of me or not: read my arguments.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:40 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Ray Montano wrote:
k e n d a l l wrote:i would like to point out that my aggressive playstyle has a purpose - to upset the mafia.

pay close attention to those who bandwagon onto my lynch, town.

Stating that purpose and then telling what to pay attention to negates any purpose you had.

it doesn't negate anything. i knew what would happen, and i was right.

i came in strong, and the mafia don't like that. i wanted them to pit themselves against me, and i guarantee you some have done that.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:47 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

mikehart wrote:

One: its hart with a t. mikehard sounds like a pornstars name.

lol

Two: You don't seem to read very well. Bobs point was it
seems
like like you are
trying
too hard to
seem
town. Not that your actions are too protown.

what is the difference? everything i have done is pro-town. he says i'm trying "too hard to seem town" because i have been playing an aggressive pro-town game. what have i done that is anti-town?

i encourage you to point out anything that didn't serve to benefit the town.

Four: In my opinion your attempts to seem pro town are over the top and I do find that scummy so there is your pinpoint.

okay, okay, okay
so i have acted way too pro-town, therefore i'm scummy, yadayada. i've heard that all before (by the other people, namely the ones i think are mafia. why am i not surprised that your opinions mirror them?)

what have i done that is
anti-town
? point out one instance where i have hurt the town.

Five: I'm not on any bandwagon. I FoSed you, not voted. Also, I'm not mirroring Umbrage or bob but pointing out that I feel you are scummy. It just happens to be the same reasoning as bob so I said so.

"i'm not mirroring bob, but i think the same thing as him."
mmhmm

neither of you have pointed out anything anti-town that i have done. you both share the same illogical argument: that i'm too pro-town. lllloooollll

Seven: I understand about not trusting anyone but your distancing was just over the top.

why?
you have a pattern. you answer questions without providing why you answered the question.
why do you think it is over the top?
what is over the top?
where am i wrong?
what have i said that makes me suspicious?

i want answers.
real answers.
full answers.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:34 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@nintendo

it doesn't imply anything. i just asked why nanook felt it was necessary to specifically post agreeance with me in thread, rather than noting it to himself, and moving on.

maybe it could be considered WIFOM, but regardless it worked. i posted aggressively and have immediately been targetted by members under the assertion that i am "too pro town" i assure you at least one of them is mafia. i think bobsnox is mafia.

also, you either missed this post:

mikehart wrote:
It could be her off site experience has soured her to perceived buddying but her rather extreme(in my opinion anyway) distancing of herself from
Nanook and Flavor
doesn't seem genuine and an over the top attempt to seem protown.

that's why i mentioned those two, because it was mentioned previously.

which leads me to believe either you missed that, or you're grasping for straws to be "suspicious" of me.

Long story short, kendall(not putting in all the spaces) has spent too much time looking active and not enough time reading his own posts to see himself telling us that he is scum.

are you implying i haven't posted any content? if you think i "told you i am scum" then point it out.

by all means, as i keep challenging all of you to do: refute my arguments.
if you think i'm mafia - provide instances where i have been anti-town.

no one has touched them yet. the only thing people dislike is my aggressive way of going about things, but hey, that's how i play.

if you don't like it, you're probably mafia.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:48 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Ray Montano wrote:Okay kendall.

1. Asking why you should answer the question before answering is...somewhat reasonable, if not just being difficult. But then asking if its for a mafia purpose? That's just ridiculous. Do you expect him to answer yes? Not logical.

you are misquoting me, whether purposefully or accidentally i actually said "
how do i know this isn't a mafia purpose"

i was making a point; that point being that no one should answer questions that serve a "purpose" because that "purpose" could be mafia agenda. the question was obviously rhetorical.

i never asked if it was for a mafia purpose, i asked players how they know it doesn't serve a mafia purpose. there is a distinct difference that you are either missing, or deliberately skewing.

2. Stating that you're unsettled by a player making an excuse for tunneling is...somewhat reasonable. But then following it up with its because its indicative of "eager mafia"? Why didn't you ask why he would provide an excuse for tunneling and call him out on it instead of giving a copout reasoning behind your suspicion? If your suspicion is valid then you wouldn't have to over-explain yourself and you can nail him with the "its indicative of eager mafia" if he reacts poorly. The focus is taken off what you're suspicious of, and instead puts it on this "eager mafia" claim. Not logical.

tunneling
is
indicative of eager mafia; that's why it's scummy in the first place. describe what my "copout opinion" is, please. i beg you to find flaws in my suspicions. go tear them apart, or at least, try.

i just noted that it was "unsettling" that he used that question to set himself up to make mistakes and it be considered okay due to metagaming.

3. Just ridiculousness.

Considering that's all I brought up of you would you like me to go find other examples? I think you can get the point. But if you don't it'd be my pleasure.

you didn't find anything incriminating, just a lot of misquotes and skewed logic.
try again.

Don't ask me questions I've already answered.

you haven't answered anything logically, in fact you've misquoted me, so your credibility is shit as far as i'm concerned.

If you provide case and point hand in hand then the argument becomes about the point instead of the case, which is really the important thing to be discussed. Providing the case AND THEN providing a line of questioning which can juice information out of other players brings focus to the case and can bring up other points.

aha!
the flaw?
no one has tried to DISCUSS MY SUSPICIONS, but rather attacked me for being "too agressive" or "too pro-town"
which is clever,
distracting the attention away from my well placed arguments to suspicion of me.

yet no one,
no one
has looked at my arguments, and pointed out logical fallacies.

why are you all choosing to ignore them?
why are you deflecting?

Get over yourself.

prove me wrong.

I don't see how you're providing anything useful to the town, I don't think you're attempting to generate discussion that can provide information on other players' alignment, and I think you're in this game all about yourself...which is a significantly anti-town attitude.

okay, so i'm not providing anything
you deem
useful, but what have i done that is anti-town?

please, point out instances.

i find it ironic that these votes are stacking, and these members all have the same, illogical stance, and they all refuse to point out what i have done that serves to hurt the town.

nothing.

everything i have posted so far is pro-town
which is why i'm being bandwagoned

which is lol

come on, town.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:50 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Umbrage wrote:You sound really paranoid and worried that it'll look like someone's buddying you.

this early in the game i am paranoid. it's day one and there is nothing to go off of; this is where it begins. i don't trust anyone, nor am i okay with people openly siding with me early on. anyone could be mafia, so yes, i'm paranoid.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (isolation #32) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:55 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

mikehart wrote:Just because you aren't necessarily being anti town doesn't mean you aren't scummy or can't be scum trying to seem protown. Also, I haven't found all that much of your posting to be particularly good for the town either so your argument is null to me.

if i haven't done anything anti-town, i don't see how you can logically think i am mafia. if you haven't found my posting to be good for the town, explain why. don't just post things, back up what you say. provide specific examples of what i've posted that is not good for the town and why.

if you fail to do that, your argument is null because there is not one.

arguments need supporting evidence. you have failed to provide that.

It wasn't something that required distancing in my eyes. Nanook agreed with a single point you made and you jumped to distance yourself. That's weird to me. Flavor shared current reads and again you jumped. That's really
REALLY
weird to me. Sharing that you read someone as town is not buddying, nor is it something that needs to be distanced from.

i did it twice in a row, because that's how i play. as i said before, i note everything suspicious to keep records of my thoughts to refer back to. it would be scummy if i pointed out nanook, but not flavour. it's the way i play; i'm consistent in my approach. i'm not afraid to note something, either.

PEdit part deux: damnit umbridge now she will say I'm mirroring you again cause you explained the not needing to distance thing.

because you are
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #33) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:03 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:

You spend a lot of time saying "mafia wants me dead, and im trying too hard to be protown so i cant be scum." So, no, I don't think you have posted as much content as others. And I read between the lines.

would you like me to link you to all of this "content?" i have said mafia wants me dead as the last sentence in maybe 3 posts. that's not even a percentage of the content i have posted.

the mafia is trying to distract attention to me, exactly like i planned.

the most awesome part is that they don't have anything against me other than me "trying too hard" or being "too pro-town."

not one person has posted an instance where i have been anti-town, because there is not one.

they are also deflecting when i ask for these instances, and brushing my arguments off as basically a lot of nothing, which is bullshit.

why?
why?
why?

what lacked content?
why did it lack content?
what arguments are flawed?
why are they flawed?

why?
why?
why?
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:06 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

bobsnox wrote: It's not that you're
too protown
but that you're
trying too hard
. You are trying to seem protown. Big difference. Minimizing the distinction is scummy.

point out instances where i'm trying too hard
explain why i'm trying too hard
find the flaw in what i've said
your argument is the only thing that is flawed right now.

I'm even more satisfied with my vote. Especially when your response is to tout yourself as being super helpful and super protown etc etc when it's day one and very little has happened yet.
You certainly haven't caught scum since your vote is still on me.

WIFOM

Basically all you've done is intentionally prop yourself up as the epitome of townieness. The keyword is intentionally. You shouldn't have to do that or
even worry about that if you're really town.
Your play should speak for itself. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who reads that as a huge scumtell.

my play does speak for itself.
not one person can find an anti-town thing that i've done, and that's because all of my actions have been thought out and acted in the best interest of the town.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:07 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

and the votes stack

hey town! check out this bandwagon!
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:

The votes are stacking because you are doing NOTHING to HELP the town. Not helping us is in fact hurting us.

Calling yourself pro-town? talk about flawed logic. No, you're being bandwagoned for
trying
to look town, when town shouldn't have to
try
to be what it already is.

explain how i'm doing nothing to help the town. what am i doing to hurt the town? how can you prove i'm only trying to look town? how can you prove i'm mafia?

what have i done that is scummy?
why?
why won't anyone answer my questions?
hmmm.
lightbulb!

If you are now saying that it was your plan all along, it becomes less effective, if even effective at all as you just TOLD mafia what you are up to. That either tells me you are badtown you are yourself a mafioso.

it is my plan, in every game. i'm aggressive, therefore i get targeted early on. my purpose isn't negated, and the bandwagon votes prove that.

Actually, there have been plenty, but YOU have been brushing them off as nothing and bullshit.

like what?
link me, please. hahaha
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:26 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

then you either haven't read it, or you're a member of the mafia and are choosing to ignore it, while hoping others follow suit.

if you had read it, you would have either
a. refuted it
b. remained neutral
c. agreed with it

if you don't agree with it there has to be a reason
why
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:30 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

okay

i'm moving this weekend, so i'll have limited access. i definitely won't be on for the rest of the afternoon because i'm doing the heavy-lifting.

i hope while i'm gone some people start to question those who accuse me. the bandwagon speaks for itself, and not one of them has explained what i've done that can be deemed "anti-town." they have either deflected, or said that i just seem to "try too hard."

yeah, i do try to be pro-town.
that's what i'm supposed to do.
serve the best interest of the town.

g'night folks.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #39) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:35 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

i have scumhunted, i pointed out suspicious behavior of members. those members have subsequently targeted me, without providing evidence to incriminate me. read my earlier posts, and you'll see my suspicions and scenarios. or, ignore it with the rest of the mafia.

i don't get why you linked what you did?
all of those are valid points.

care to explain how those statements "hurt the town?"

i don't play aggressively solely to get targeted; it's just how i play. it always gains the same reaction, though. this reaction is pro-town. it's the best mafia bait, and has worked for me every time.
whether i survive the day or not, the town definitely will have a grasp on who is mafia after day one.
that's a big accomplishment.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:36 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

anyway, i really have to go
if i get to L1, someone back out until i'm on.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (isolation #41) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:37 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
Actually, many of us have explained EXACTLY what you've done that is anti-town. Who's deflecting? You are refusing to acknowledge any of our arguments as valid.

hahahaha
i dare you to link these "explanations"

you can't

mafia mad
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #42) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

just got back and read up,

i'm wiped from moving shit, and i'll post my thoughts tomorrow.

also, fuck capital letters
also, goodnight
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:46 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Also, wrt our choice in voting: that's our choice, if we find more than one person null/scummy I assure you we have a reason for our vote.

Bobsnox's vote is gross and should have been accompanied with more of an explanation.

nice way to contradict yourself in the same post. i stated my reason for voting clearly in that post; i have no need for more of an explanation. if you don't think my explanation was enough, explain what it lacked.

also, why are you pointing out that my vote, of all of them, has the
least
explanation?

because that is lol. how about bobsnox? you're quick to defend him, but what about his "
you're trying too hard
" vote? i'm very wary of you. you post several times indicating i'm town, even jumping to my defense, and now you are casting suspicion on me.

similar to how you admitted bobsnox is scummier than umbrage, yet cast a vote for umbrage. now, in a beautiful turn of events, you think that i have a misplaced vote on him? if that's so, explain why.

i still think bobsnox is most likely mafia, so my vote will remain with him.
if/when he flips mafia, my suspicion will turn to you.

moving on:

I think that Kendall is at least being anti-town with the way she is providing some kind of scum read/tell/inkling on every player. That's not going to help, it's going to make it easier for scum to push mislynches, to build easy cases and to sit back and let other people push her buttons and avoid the brunt of her accusations.

this is a forum game, in case you haven't noticed. all that we have to go on is what people post. if i see something unsettling/suspicious i will post it, because that's the point of the game. i also do not provide a scumtell on
every
player, only the players that i find suspicious. i'm not blindly throwing suspicion around; i have a reason to back up everything i'm suspicious of. (if you don't believe i provide sufficient reasoning, please, i encourage you to find a suspicion you do not agree with and challenge it. find the flaws, and point them out.)

first you say it's okay that i'm paranoid, because that's the way the game works.

now, you say it's anti-town that i am paranoid, therefore suspicious?

you are not consistent.

suspicion is how you play the game. it is important to share information and thoughts with the rest of the town. i have no need to be careful with what i say if i have a reason i find something suspicious, as long as i state why i'm suspicious and what the reason is. this allows the perpetrator to explain themselves to me, while also bringing the potential "slip up" to the eyes of the town. several times, this explanation will suffice me. you were an example of that, when you explained your vote was a "push vote."

regardless, it's my playstyle to be aggressive and say what i think about who, when i think it. it's been a successful tool for me thus far and continues to be successful. whether i survive this day/night or am lynched/nk'd, there are mafia on my vote.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:49 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

okay, i'm up dark and early to do more moving/packing/hating my life today so that's as much as i can give for now.

by the way, if you would all quit writing me off as a noob and read my content i would greatly appreciate it.
i may be new to this website, but i am in no way new to the game of mafia.

my playstyle being agressive doesn't make me a noob.
if i were aggressive with no reasoning/flaws that would be different. no one has yet to challenge the content of my posts.

some of you just don't like me.
dislike me all that you want, but i am certainly not a noob
i'm a perceptive player, and if you write me off as a noob, you are hurting the town.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (isolation #45) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:46 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Umbrage wrote:Kendall is still scum. In my experience those who try to be aggressive town leaders, particularly early in the game, are scum.

you fail to answer the question "
why
?"
other than saying that i am aggressive, you have no reason to suspect that i'm mafia.
another question you fail to answer is
how
me being aggressive is a scumtell.
this is another example of voting me out of dislike, rather than actually having a reason.

Glowball oozes town btw.

why?

Bobsnox is also scum, but I doubt he's on the same team as kendall. Everyone else is null and posting too much. Chill.

let me get this straight:
you think bobsnox is scum, yet he's not on the same team as me.
you're voting for me, because you think i am scum.

are you implying there is a third party?
or are you also throwing "suspicion" on bobsnox without encouraging others to put a vote on him.
it seems to me like you're distancing yourself from bobsnox. "bobsnox is scum, but he's not really a mafia member, kendall is"
that's essentially what you said.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (isolation #46) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:47 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

back to moving
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (isolation #47) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:51 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

k e n d a l l (6)- SodaSpirit17, Umbrage, bobsnox, Ray Montano, nintendoaddict1, DonJosh,

take a good look at this, folks.
bbl.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (isolation #48) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

@Ray

Ray Montano wrote:

I disagree with part of this. I don't think kendall is in any position to be handing mafia easy mislynches, because I don't really think anybody's going to pick up anything she's said and run with it. That, however, is one of my problems with kendall. Because there's so much shit being thrown at the wall you can't trust that any of it has any weight because
two pages from now she's probably not even going to remember who she's been throwing shit at.

the problem with the bolded sentence is that it's pure speculation, not to mention completely wrong. when i see suspicious behavior, i note it in thread every time. as i've stated before, the purpose of this is so that i can keep a record of my thoughts. it's much easier to forget who i am suspicious of and why if i don't make note of it. as i've said before, it also provides the perpetrator to provide an explanation, while alerting town of the potential mafia slip up.

She's not handing herself a newbcard...so why are there people making excuses for her... She knows exactly what she's doing.

thank you so much, oh my god

@bobsnox

bobsnox wrote:
I want to see this lynch all the way through unless someone else practically claims scum.

why?
your vote was never explained, so why are you eager to see it through?
what makes me most likely to be mafia in your eyes?

@hiraki

Hiraki wrote:
Hey idiots. I don't do this very often. And when I do, I'm annoyed to do so because it's on the major point of WIFOM.

If K e n d a l l flips scum, you can lynch me tomorrow.

(lol he's protecting his scumbud so hard)

the thing that bothers me about this is that, as we all know, mafia members are aware of who is in the town. you seem to know 100 percent that i am town on day one, enough to stake your life in D2 for it.

it would be very easy for a mafia to say:
"
hey guys, if this player flips mafia, you can lynch me!"
because they know the player will absolutely not flip scum.

in retrospect, a townie does not know for certain what a player will flip, so making such a dramatic defense for a player in day one is confusing.

why are you so sure that i am town that you will stick your neck out for me?

@nintendo

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
bobsnox wrote:Kendall is not playing the newbcard and not really behaving like a newb either.

Really? Look at kendall's first sentence in the thread:

k e n d a l l wrote:blah blah blah, i'm new, let's go.

Looks like playing the newbcard to me.

that was a sarcastic remark to my drama in the sign-up thread. at first, scott wouldn't let me join the game because i'm new to the website.

i
am
new to this website
just not the game of mafia as a whole.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (isolation #49) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:23 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@bobsnox

bobsnox wrote:
kendall - I did explain my vote. denying that basic truth is just bad.

yea yea yea
we all know,
you think i'm "trying too hard to seem town" which is basically the same thing as saying "you're too town, it makes me suspicions."

i want to know why you think i'm most likely to be mafia.
how am i trying too hard?
how does this make me suspicious?
why am i your highest suspect at the moment?

what do you think of umbrage?

@beefster

I don't like kendall's interaction with Flavour. kendall: Scum++

what don't you like about the interaction and why does it make me scum?

I feel like kendall is too up in arms about everything and is afraid of getting lynched. Newbtown++, Scum++
But is also unusually aggressive... Scum++

well of course i'm afraid of getting lynched; i want to play the game to the end and meet my win condition. don't we all?

also, how many times do i have to remind you all that i'm not
unusually
aggressive. this is how i always play. in fact, this is just my personality; i'm a bitch. can you all accept this ever?

how can you call it
unusual
if you've never played with me before?

Good point, but doesn't really count since it's a stock phrase... Newbtown++, Scum++

"stock phrase?" care to elaborate?

I have a TF2 analogy for you.

why don't you quit with the analogies and start explaining?

Some allied sentries are under slight fire, so you see an Engineer approach a sentry from a really weird location. It looks helpful, but then a few seconds later, after momentarily looking away, you see a sapper on the sentry. Why didn't you shoot the obvious spy?

what in the fuck?
rephrase this entire thing in a less retarded language

kendall appears to be the leader for scum points

do you really think a scum leader would be so blatantly aggressive and stick their neck out with each thought and opinion on day one?

if so, why do you think this?
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (isolation #50) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:01 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@umbrage
Umbrage wrote:

You don't scumhunt.

how have i not scumhunted? the entire reason mafioso are pushing to lynch me is because i am "too aggressive" in my scumhunt.

You spend most of your time explaining why you are not mafia.

this is also not true. i've stated several suspicions throughout this entire day. as i stated before, that's why people are pushing for my lynch.
find me a single post where i
only
said i'm not mafia. the majority of anything i've posted that can be considered WIFOM is "the mafia want me dead, because i've voiced so much content." the content is separate and has, for the most part,
still
yet to be discussed.

You seem either too arrogant or too afraid to change your style of play.

i am arrogant. i'm not afraid to change my play, i just don't want to. my play is effective.

You're paranoid that someone will buddy you and make you look bad.

well no shit, shirlock.

The motivation is for her to look like she's scumhunting while she does nothing. She's so paranoid, she can't stand the slightest hint of suspicion on her.

provide examples of how i have done nothing. you won't find any. in fact, i have my vote on bobsnox right now, that's certainly not nothing. earlier you said i was not scumhunting. pick one, umbrage; either i look like i'm scumhunting, or i'm not scumhunting.

you completely contradict yourself in that sentence. how can one person
look
like they are scumhunting, but actually be doing
nothing

try to explain that; i guarantee you can't.

i want to see that bobsnox is lynched. if/when he flips mafia, you're my next target. you either hinted to a third party, or distanced yourself from bobsnox. you essentially said "
kendall is mafia, bobsnox is scummy but not on the same team as kendall
"

i think you and bobsnox are allies.
i think you and bobsnox are mafia.

And by the way, saying you refuse to play the newbie card is playing the newbie card.

how?

Aggressiveness, particularly early aggressiveness, is a scumtell. Going RARA LET'S GET SCUM is a good way to hide that you're not actually scumhunting.

why do you think mafia would be so eager to draw attention to themselves on day one? that doesn't make any sense. also, yes, the point of this game is to catch mafia, so my motive is to catch mafia and i came in the game eager to do so. are you not eager to find mafia?

Unvote

Vote: Umbrage

he's voting for me, admittedly, because i am eager to find mafia.
Going RARA LET'S GET SCUM

Going RaRa LET'S GET SCUM

k e n d a l l wrote:
town reminder: mafia members are threatened by players with a voice. i guarantee that the mafia want me dead right now.

like i said, the mafia don't like a player with a voice. players with a voice catch scum.

kendall freaked out when it was still way too early to be concerned about buddying. That's paranoia, and that's scummy.

how is it too early to be concerned about buddying?
this is where potential alliances are established: day one.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (isolation #51) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:36 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@mikehart

mikehart wrote:

Why fret about a town read on you when your town?

why fret about a town read on you when you are mafia? mafia want to blend into the town, so it would be poor play for a mafia to decline a town read. it's important to fret about a blatant town read on day one if you are town, because alliances are established in this day. mafia are known to buddy up to a town player; oftentimes, they choose a town player that is vocal, therefore a target. while some mafia join the vote against that player, it's common for a mafia member to do the opposite to ensure different, seemingly pro-town voting patterns.

Fretting about a town read is extremely weird to me
no matter what your alignment is.

so you agree that it is a null tell, then?

O haven't found her play to be particularly protown.

why? what about it is not pro-town?

I don't find her play to be antitown either though which is why I never voted her but FoSed her.

this is very scummy. casting suspicion on a member, while keeping your name clear of the vote. also, you say that i'm not pro-town, but i'm not anti-town either, again this equals to a null tell.

I found and still find her play strange which is why i find her suspicious. Weird/strange play is suspicious to me.

what is suspicious about my play?

So because I removed my RVS vote and shared my suspicions of a player I'm scummy?

yes. FoSing a player without a vote, as aforementioned, directs negative attention to that player, without putting your name on the vote.

Ok. I didn't vote kendall and continue to not vote her because I don't think she is a good lynch yet but I do think she is suspicious.

again, i ask you, what have i done that is suspcious?
and why?

Her reactions still don't sit well with me

what reaction did you not like, and why did you not like it?

I will keep an eye on her but I don't feel she is a good lynch for Day 1.

who do you feel is a good lynch for day one, and why?

I find her scummy, not scum. There is a key distinction and that's why I am not voting her.

why am i scummy? why do i not have your vote if you think i am scummy? who does have your vote?
why?

@Ray

Ray Montano wrote:
Hiraki wrote:Answer the question now.

No. When I think I've found scum you'll get my push on them. Also, get over yourself.

it's very odd that you refuse to answer questions. are you hiding something?

Beefster wrote:
bobsnox wrote:
k e n d a l l wrote:
@bobsnox
, the only "
evidence
" that you have "against me" is that my actions are too pro-town. that evidence certainly does not incriminate me; in fact, it does the opposite.
Nice strawman. It's not that you're
too protown
but that you're
trying too hard
. You are trying to seem protown. Big difference. Minimizing the distinction is scummy.

I'm even more satisfied with my vote. Especially when your response is to tout yourself as being super helpful and super protown etc etc when it's day one and very little has happened yet. You certainly haven't caught scum since your vote is still on me.

Basically all you've done is intentionally prop yourself up as the epitome of townieness. The keyword is intentionally. You shouldn't have to do that or even worry about that if you're really town. Your play should speak for itself. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who reads that as a huge scumtell.
Excellent point. You just explained exactly what I have been seeing.

scum buddies.
umbrage
bobsnox
beefster.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (isolation #52) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:03 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

@umbrage

Umbrage wrote:
No. You're pretending to be eager.

how am i
pretending
to be eager? what proof do you have to back this up? why do you think this?

You're really just OMGUSing.

i don't think you know what OMGUS means. i certainly have ample reason to be voting you. after all, you admittedly voted for me because i am trying to find mafia.

this is much different than me saying

"oh you're voting for me? fuck you ## vote umbrage"

if you can find flaws in my reason for voting you, by all means, challenge it rather than write it off as OMGUS.

You ask a few questions, but the fact that your vote is on me because I'm voting you proves you don't have any good leads.

again, stupid logic. my vote is not on you because you're voting me. a lot more members than you are voting for me. i'm voting for you because you're scum. (for the aforementioned reasons i have stated.)

The whole "hint a third party" thing is bullshit, and you know it. If you truly believed I was scum with bobsnox, your vote would still be on bobsnox.

i switched my vote to you when you said you were voting me because i want to catch mafia. that, to me, is a huge slip up. i still think bobsnox is mafia with you, but your statement skyrocketted you to the top of the list.

After all, he's been on your radar the whole game, right?

so have you. i can link you to the proof, if you'd like.

I'm only scum if he's scum, and you've had more time to put together a case on him. So why is your vote on me?

my vote is on you because not only have you and him mirrored each other, but you explicitly stated you were voting for me because i am eager to find mafia. not to mention the fact that earlier you said that i was scum, and bobsnox was scummy, but not on the same team as i am.

that makes no sense.
it either hints to you knowing there is a third party,
or is deliberate distancing from bobsnox.
aka "i think he's scum, but he's not mafia like kendall so i won't vote for him."

kendall wrote:why do you think mafia would be so eager to draw attention to themselves on day one? that doesn't make any sense.

WIFOM.

it's true, though. refute it if you don't believe it's true.

Not newbie town. There's absolutely no reason for Kendall to try and take control of a game this size unless she absolutely has to do so in order to survive.

whoever said i was "
taking control
?" i never asked anyone to vote alongside me. i've only stated my own votes and suspicions, as well as my own votes and reasons for those votes. that is in no way me "
taking control

That's why I'm thinking SK over mafia.

which is it, umbrage?

either you think i'm mafia, or i'm third party.
you are so inconsistent.

I've never seen someone react like that when a player agrees with them once.

well, you've never played with me before. it's my playstyle.

Also, paranoia is not a town tell, and has never been a town tell. Suspicion, yes. Paranoia, no.

how is it not a town tell? what makes it a scum tell?
you need to explain yourself.

@Ray

Ray Montano wrote:

My vote on kendall right now is sort of a placeholder.

why would you pick the player with the most votes as a
placeholder
? either you think i'm scum, or you don't.
pick one.

I certainly don’t mind her being lynched because I don’t think she’s going to be helpful at all and I don’t find anything she says to be noteworthy, trustworthy, or influential.

okay, if that's so, explain what i have said that is not helpful, and explain why it is not helpful.

Umbrage
I just think his reasoning for everything is crap and shallow. Nothing he says carries any weight with me because I don’t believe he’s being sincere. His wording is off to me, and the overemphasis on kendall actually being scum is...troublesome.

why is your vote with me rather than umbrage if you don't believe he's being sincere?

what makes me a better "placeholder" vote than him?

If I had to rank them on highest likelihood of being scum I’d go diddin, Umbrage, glowball, DonJosh

why am i your "placeholder vote" when i'm not even on your scumlist?

you're mafia too, and i'm coming after you.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (isolation #53) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

Ray Montano wrote:I've definitely explained why a. I voted for you

link me to your explanation if it "
exists
"

b. why I would like to see you lynched.

yeayeayea, you said you felt i was being
unhelpful
blah blah blah,
but when i asked how / why you felt that way, you have still yet to answer me.
i fail to see why you want me lynched if i'm not even on your scum list.
that's anti-town.

If you're having trouble understanding then you can go dissect my posts until you've figured it out.

your posts contain no actual how/why content. i want those answers/explanations. i can't dissect
why
you find something unhelpful if you don't explain what i did that was unhelpful and why it was unhelpful.

As for why I'm not voting any of my reads yet its because I'm 100% into any of their cases yet

why are you voting for someone not even on your scumlist, though?
that doesn't make any sense.

but if
you'd just shut up and let me forget you exist and how much of a deterrence I think you're going to be

you're mafia.
as i've stated before; the mafia want to shut me up, and my perceptive voice is a "
deterrance
" to them (you)

scum:
umbrage
bobsnox
beefster
ray montano
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (isolation #54) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

@umbrage

Umbrage wrote:

Read my posts if you still don't understand. I don't have to convince you you're scum so I'm not wasting my time playing your games.

i have read your posts, and you have yet to explain why you think i have scum.
if you disagree and think you have, please, link me to them.
i guarantee you won't be able to do that, though. you haven't posted any explanation for your actions, despite my best efforts to get an explanation from you.

also, that's how you play this game. it's not playing
my
game, it's playing
this
game: the game of mafia.

part of this game entails you explaining your actions. i'm not playing games with you other than the one you signed up for; now start answering.

Strawman. You're acting like aggressiveness is my only tell on Kendall.

why are you voting for me? what was the scumtell? explain.

True. But how many town players have you seen get this paranoid DAY ONE?

how many mafia players have you seen get this paranoid day one?
it seems like everyone is not used to seeing someone with my playstyle, which is fine. it's my own playstyle, i don't expect anyone to have seen it before.

And as a matter of fact, I do have past experience that applies to this situation, so you fail there as well.

metagame is a bunch of bullshit. it proves nothing. anyone can say "
for your inforation, i'm so experienced with this. herp derp.
" but it doesn't mean you really are.

^ does not equal 'lynch bob plz'. Nice try though.

exactly. that's what is so scummy about it. you're saying "bob is suspicious, but not scum so don't lynch him."

distancing yourself without placing a vote.

She flipped out because someone agreed with her

i didn't flip out about anything; i simply stated that it bothered me. as i've said countless times: keeping record of my thoughts.

yet she's voting me because I think she's scum. There's just no pleasing her.

i have more than explained my vote on you. i am not voting you because you think i am scum. i'm voting for you for all of the reasons i have stated again and again.

learn to read.
if you'd like me to link you to my multiple explanations, be my guest, but the most notable reason is that you voted for me because i am eager to kill mafia.

hm
lightbulb!

I don't want a lynch on Beck/his replacement. He's basically what Kendall
should be acting like.

i play this game my own way. i don't have to act like anyone.

@flavour analysis

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Kendall
:
Again, you haven’t responded to my question, Kendall. Do you know what a hydra is
? (This is important, please answer)

no. what is a hydra, and what is the point of a hydra?

Your second point, doesn’t bother me, my other head will address this. Again, neither I nor her find you suspicious.

this hydra bullshit is already pissing me off.

We know know the cases against you are doo doo, but she just ain’t a fan of your style of play.

okay, well tell your other personality to fuck off and quit telling me she doesn't like it; i don't care. i'm getting sick of explaining to people that i'm not going to change my personality.

Just your play might help scum condemn other townies without you noticing. Just try to keep a clear head.

noted. it's important for people to understand that just because i state a suspicion doesn't mean i think that person is mafia. i provide them with a chance to explain the potential slip up. if i think someone is mafia, i make it known.

you should all be well aware of that by now.

Btw, I’m sorry for calling you newb. As Glow has said, I say newb as in new to the site. You are one of the better players that are ‘new’, and I’m sure you are good enough to adjust.

i'm not going to adjust to any form of playstyle; i like my play.

You are making a stretch there. People are saying you are trying to fake being town, so your rebuttals are invalid.

how are my rebuttals bad? which ones are bad, and why?

Yet, their reasons are bad, and you are being pro-town. Don’t let it all get to your head. It’s more that,
there is no evidence of you faking being town.
Got it? Good.

have you missed the times that i said this?

Another thing, please don’t address people’s responses to others. I haven’t had the chance to reply to Mike Hard yet, and yet you answered. Now you can’t tell if my content is original or not. Please keep that in mind in the future.

quit telling me how to play this game. you just apologized for calling me a noob, and now you are treating me like one. i have no intention of adjusting to the norm on this website; i don't have to. i like my playstyle, and it is very effective. if i respond to something that is not addressed to me, i don't speak for the person who the question it's addressed to.

(Basically, if someone asks a question, wait for the person addressed to answer first before giving your own input) This annoys me greatly, but I'll give you a warning. If you do it again, I'll yell at you, and any others that do the same.

fuck off
yell at me all you want, but your warnings are not going to work on me; i don't care.

@Ray

Ray Montano wrote:

Post #193

okay, let's look at my response to post 193: (that you must have ignored.)

k e n d a l l wrote:
Ray Montano wrote:Okay kendall.

1. Asking why you should answer the question before answering is...somewhat reasonable, if not just being difficult. But then asking if its for a mafia purpose? That's just ridiculous. Do you expect him to answer yes? Not logical.

you are misquoting me, whether purposefully or accidentally i actually said "
how do i know this isn't a mafia purpose"

i was making a point; that point being that no one should answer questions that serve a "purpose" because that "purpose" could be mafia agenda. the question was obviously rhetorical.

i never asked if it was for a mafia purpose, i asked players how they know it doesn't serve a mafia purpose. there is a distinct difference that you are either missing, or deliberately skewing.

2. Stating that you're unsettled by a player making an excuse for tunneling is...somewhat reasonable. But then following it up with its because its indicative of "eager mafia"? Why didn't you ask why he would provide an excuse for tunneling and call him out on it instead of giving a copout reasoning behind your suspicion? If your suspicion is valid then you wouldn't have to over-explain yourself and you can nail him with the "its indicative of eager mafia" if he reacts poorly. The focus is taken off what you're suspicious of, and instead puts it on this "eager mafia" claim. Not logical.

tunneling
is
indicative of eager mafia; that's why it's scummy in the first place. describe what my "copout opinion" is, please. i beg you to find flaws in my suspicions. go tear them apart, or at least, try.

i just noted that it was "unsettling" that he used that question to set himself up to make mistakes and it be considered okay due to metagaming.

3. Just ridiculousness.

Considering that's all I brought up of you would you like me to go find other examples? I think you can get the point. But if you don't it'd be my pleasure.

you didn't find anything incriminating, just a lot of misquotes and skewed logic.
try again.

Don't ask me questions I've already answered.

you haven't answered anything logically, in fact you've misquoted me, so your credibility is shit as far as i'm concerned.

If you provide case and point hand in hand then the argument becomes about the point instead of the case, which is really the important thing to be discussed. Providing the case AND THEN providing a line of questioning which can juice information out of other players brings focus to the case and can bring up other points.

aha!
the flaw?
no one has tried to DISCUSS MY SUSPICIONS, but rather attacked me for being "too agressive" or "too pro-town"
which is clever,
distracting the attention away from my well placed arguments to suspicion of me.

yet no one,
no one
has looked at my arguments, and pointed out logical fallacies.

why are you all choosing to ignore them?
why are you deflecting?

Get over yourself.

prove me wrong.

I don't see how you're providing anything useful to the town, I don't think you're attempting to generate discussion that can provide information on other players' alignment, and I think you're in this game all about yourself...which is a significantly anti-town attitude.

okay, so i'm not providing anything
you deem
useful, but what have i done that is anti-town?

please, point out instances.

i find it ironic that these votes are stacking, and these members all have the same, illogical stance, and they all refuse to point out what i have done that serves to hurt the town.

nothing.

everything i have posted so far is pro-town
which is why i'm being bandwagoned

which is lol

come on, town.

okay, back to you, Ray:

Post #182 #185 #193 all explain how/why I feel your posting is unnecessary and unhelpful. #352 explains why I'm okay with you being lynched.

i'm not going to re-quote my response to each of these, also, but they are there. i pointed out the flaws in everything you have said thus far, yet you continue to be stubborn and ignore them.

you still have not explained why you would rather vote for me than the players who are on your scum list.
it seems like you just don't like me, and that's why you're voting for me. that's not pro-town at all.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

@glowball

there are 22 players in this game (excluding myself) that i am not willing to vote for
today
i will vote for my highest suspect. at this time that is Umbrage.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

well, if those veil thin explanations are what you are sticking to, so be it. i'll refer back to those when i turn my eyes to you tomorrow.
you're anti-town.

the fact that you are voting for someone who isn't even on your list of suspected mafia proves that.
if you don't think i'm mafia, obviously you assume i'm town.

you think i'm
unhelpful
and probably annoying, but you don't think i'm mafia.

you would rather lynch me than someone you specifically listed is most likely to be mafia?
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

that was @ray
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (isolation #59) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

glowball wrote:
ha ha. How funny- now seriously, I shouldn't have to say this but besides yourself. You said there are 22 people, just give me one name of someone that you wouldn't lynch

in case you haven't noticed by my two, subsequent sarcastic responses, i'm not answering that baited question.

i've already answered it in my own way. i won't vote for anyone who is not my
top suspect
, nor will i be swayed to change my vote so the answer to your question is irrelevant.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #396 (isolation #60) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

Ray Montano wrote:

No. Which is why I asked you to shut up so I can forget you exist.

care to accompany that no with an unvote?
you're being stubborn
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (isolation #61) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

mb53 wrote: I thought you thought tunneling was scummy

i'm not tunneling a certain member. note how i said
top suspect
and not umbrage. my umbrage vote is subject to change should i find inconsistencies that bring a different member to the top seat on my scumlist. i am keeping my eyes open for inconsistencies in everyone's play, not just his. i won't be swayed to change my vote by another member, though. the only way i will be swayed is on my own terms, if i find something scummy enough to change my vote.

i was under the impression that
tunneling
was when you stubbornly refuse to look at other member's suspicious behavior in lieu of a single person you suspect to be mafia.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (isolation #62) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

glowball wrote:
hey k e n d a l l, although I see you as town I must warn you that continuing down this path in other games will get you quicklynched. We are here to be helpful- and it isn't a baited question. Why do you think it is?

i don't care about anyone's warnings.

how many times do i have to tell you people i won't change my playstyle? quit with the "friendly advice." i don't care.

those questions are always baited questions, whether intentionally or unintentionally. your motive may have been pure curiosity, but that question can serve other, mafia purposes.
i.e. providing mafia a chance to buddy up to a certain member.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #63) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

Ray Montano wrote:
k e n d a l l wrote:care to accompany that no with an unvote?
you're being stubborn

No kendall because again, I think it would be good for the town for you to be out of the game.

so, for the record
you would rather a townie die than a mafia?

I don't think you're going to someone good to have in the game when it comes to crunch time.

why not?
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (isolation #64) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Kendall
:

A hydra is an account with two players in it, not one.

I don't care. She will still address you.

I don't care, you will listen.

Yes but if you are vague you can later say you were suspicious of that person, thus leaving a door open for 'opportunism'. And I am aware.

Well some of your play is stupid as fuck.

I'll point one quote out in my next post.

Nope.

No I won't. That's because... *clears throat* BECAUSE YOU ARE A NEWB. YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE HERE. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ADJUST, OR DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH THE TOWN, THEN PLEASE, TURN AROUND, AND GET THE FUCK OFF THIS SITE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IT IS NOT EFFECTIVE, AND IT HAS ALREADY GOTTEN YOU A FULL SPEED WAGON. I AM BEING NICE HERE. STOP BEING DUMB FUCK RETARDED. DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS NOT ADDRESSED TO YOU. THAT'S ESSENTIALLY DEFENDING THAT PERSON. GOT IT? GOOD. I DON'T WANT TO SEE PAGES AND PAGES OF ARGUMENTS THAT INVOLVE YOU, AND NOT INVOLVING CATCHING SCUM. YOU ARE A FUCKING DISTRACTION. GOT IT? YOU ARE A DISTRACTION FOR THE TOWN. DEAR GOD PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS. RECONSIDER YOUR PLAY. THINK REALLY HARD. SAY THESE WORDS TO YOURSELF "AM I PLAYING WELL IF I GET WAGONED? DID I REALLY CATCH SCUM? AM I NEW TO THE SITE?"

Then please, go back where you came from. I'm sure it'll do you more favors there.

Let's take it down a notch please =).

fuck your veteran bullshit

i read none of that, just because it was irrelevant and you're not my mafia game mommy
if i want your help i'll ask for it.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (isolation #65) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

spending the remainder of the evening with my boy toy.
i'll get back to this tomorrow.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (isolation #66) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:18 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

plot twist,

i'd like to request a replacement.
not because i have anything to do, but because thus far mafiascum members are pretentious assholes.
i respect a good moderator/game-setup so i won't rage quit. i think a replacement is fair.

my style of play is my own, and this whole game players have been telling me to change it. i've had to repeatedly say no, i'm not interested, and it's frustrating that players will not accept my answer, and instead try to bully me into cooperation.
if you haven't noticed, i don't give into that shit.

my play was only as distracting as the town made it to be, because no one had seen play like mine before. frankly, this veteran mentality is making this game not fun for me, and i play it to have fun.

all of my original points still stand; i suggest you re-read my content/exchanges with scum.
my play may annoy some of you, but it is effective in that it identifies mafia early on. in this case, most likely 4 mafia on day one.

umbrage is mafia.
bobsnox is mafia.
ray montano is mafia.
beefster is mafia.
personally, i think flavour (whichever fucking personality is which) may be mafia too. mainly for suggesting that if there is a serial killer they should target me, yet being against a policy lynch. if flavour is town, i fail to see why s(he) would want a potential SK to go after another townie. what is the difference between policy lynching and policy sk'ing?

shady.

well, i'd like to say it's been fun, but i haven't enjoyed people trying to put a stick up my ass so i can blend in.
i won't do it.
there are other outlets for me to play.

you have my FWIW

hiraki, i like you. you think for yourself; continue to do that.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (isolation #67) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:54 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

glowball wrote:
I do hope however, if there is a vig out there with no other leads- shoot her because her whole attitude is getting old really fast.

my mistake, flavour. i mixed you up with glowball.

replace flavour with glowball in my final post.

bye bye
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (isolation #68) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:55 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

i'm not going to defend my playstyle anymore. i am perfect mafia bait, and the results of my aggressive playstyle speak for themselves.
i.e. mafia identification day one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”