Verbose Mafia 2 - Post or Perish (Game Over)

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Pooky had a look of impassive amusement upon his face as he calmly observed the guests with him. As he watched the smoke dance across the room from half a dozen pipes, his gaze fell upon a ravishing young beauty in a crimson gown. Her eyes spoke of an evanescent joy, soft as down and swift as the wind. As Pooky stalked across the room towards this delectable vision, he wondered what her face looked like underneath that mask. Pooky thought he saw the faintest hint of a smile as he took his seat next to her. Pulling out a bottle of Montrachet '78 from his carrying case, he poured her a modest glass.

"The flavour of the '78 is said to be absolutely exquisite, experts say that no other wine is more reflective of the Terroir in which its grown. In my opinion it's texture is superb and it's flavor is delightful. At 24,000 dollars a bottle one can expect nothing less."

Pooky leaned back in his armchair and studied her expression as she reached for the glass. Her eyes were mesmerizing and he could not help but noticing the graceful movement of her hands, so efficient and effortless. This is going to be an interesting party he thought to himself as he took a sip out of his own cup. The fragrance of the wine mixed with Adele's perfume and danced a seductive melody within Pooky's head.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:03 pm

Watching Fritzler stumbling around the room in a very dazed fashion after drinking far too much Tequila, Pooky quickly grabbed his friend before he could fall over a table and dragged him to the bar. Clasping a big hand around his shoulder, he waved the bartender over and ordered a club soda and 2 shots of tequila with accesories

"Now my dear old bud Fritzler, you've been going about drinking Tequila the wrong way again enh? I myself have just been on a business trip in Cancun to complete my takeover of several hotels down there and learned quite a bit about the proper way to drink this alcoholic beverage. See first you take this slice of lime and dip it in some salt, not too much, just get a nice line of it on the edge. Then you lick some of the salt off, take a shot and bite quickly into the slice of lime. The lime juice and salt will make the tequila go down much easier and enhance your enjoyment of this tasty beverage"

Pooky pushed the shotglass of tequila with its slice of lime and salt towards Fritzler and carefully dipped his own slice in the salt

"Do you want to make the toast buddy?"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:31 pm

Calmly wonders if Kelly is trying to get his good friend Fritzler into trouble by mentiong the smiley. Takes out his palm pilot and jots it down under his notes section.

"It'd be hardly fair of you to criticize a man for his actions when he's in such a drunken state. Though I do wonder what you mean by leaking your moral goodness into us by osmosis. Surely you know that refers to the movements of water? If you have a large bottle of holy water blessed by a dying Pope somewhere hidden under your skirts I'd hope you'd keep it to yourself, this is after all a 60,000 dollar Armani suit and I'd hate to get it wet. Even if it is with holy water blessed by the last words of a dying Pope."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:35 pm

Pooky raises his glass to his friend's toast and quickly downs the shot of tequila. Then his mind does a quick double take and he almost coughs up the drink. Married!? Pooky!? Quickly Pooky's mind does a quick review of activities so far as he had no idea he was married. Woke up at 7, brushed teeth, flossed, used mouthwash, read the newspaper while jogging outside with the dog, ate breakfast, got into mysterious limousine, showed up at room, looked over the guests, pour a drink for Adele, did some shots with Fritzler... nope no marriage. Hmm, could Pooky have accidentally gotten himself into a marriage in some drunken stupor that he'd forgotten about? Pooky decides that Fritzler's probably had too much to drink and that he probably hasn't done anything too silly yet, married before Day 1 started? Surely not!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:27 am

Pooky's ears immediately perk up at the sound of bridge, how jolly good fun that would be!

"Anyone willing to be my partner for a set of bridges games? If we can get enough chaps I reckon we could get a good game of duplicate going though I'm willing to settle for just rubber if we don't. I play a slight variation on the New York Strong Pass bidding system although I'm fine with Standard American as well."

Pooky watched Adele's expression change from one of surprise and shock to a calm demeanor that hid everything and nothing at the same time. How innocent and dangerous she looked in that gown which accentuated her curves with a combination of grace and deadliness only enhanced her natural beauty. Could such fruit possibly not bear the slightest trace of poison? Did she intend to lull Pooky's senses with her charm and beauty for the right to strike? Pooky's mind would normally be puzzling over these questions but it was too enthralled by the resplendent features before him. He calmly laid back into his chair and let his eyes drink in the radiant figure before him
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:22 am

Pooky is quite dismayed to see his best friend Lee in such a state! He wonders if he could've done something so silly as to forget to give Lee the customary welcoming huggle. So many friends here, but how could Pooky have forgotten to give his very best one a welcome? Prying his eyes away from the bewitching lady that he's starting to swoon for, Pooky solemnly makes his way to the bar and plomps down beside his best buddy Lee

"Ah cmon mate! You know Pooky would never forget his best friend, Pooky just distracted a little bit by all these nice people!"

Pooky pulls out a bottle of 18 year single malt Scotch and pours a healthy portion for his best buddy and himself.

"I still have this bottle from that last time we went barhopping in Europe, dontcha remember those good old days?"

Pulls out his laptop and opens the Adventures with Lee file.

"Here's when we went sailing through the Pacific, how could you expect me to forget that time you saved me from that school of tiger sharks with nothing but a wooden spear? Pooky's butt would've been shark food if you hadn't shown up to help me fend off those sharks! And how about that time your plane crashed in the Serengeti and Pooky searched for you for over a month fighting off lions, crocodiles and all sorts of nasty stuff? Do you honestly think Pooky would forget that month we spent climbing up the 7 tallest peaks in the Himalayas together? They told us we were crazy and that it couldn't be done in a month but you and I both knew that we could do it, climbing up with 70 pounds of equipment on our backs and skiing on the way down. Don't you remember how you broke your leg on our last mountain, Everest and Pooky put you on his back and carried you the last 5,000 feet to the summit and all the way back? Our friendship runs deep Lee, runs all the world over and there's no way Pooky would ever forget that, not over a woman, not over anything! We've saved each other necks so many times all over the world and been through all sorts of adventures! Surely no woman could possibly come between good old buddies like us? Now where are those wedding photos you've been hiding from me enh?"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #93 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:07 am

Well my dear, we can always unnominate so I hardly think that it would be a waste to nominate early.

It would certainly help us get a bearing on where things stand in the game so we can expect to figure things out from a different angle.

We are on a fairly tight clock so laying back from actually nominating could be disasterous if we don't have enough time to properly observe interactions during our nomination phase.

Since we're dealing with 3 nominations a person, we've got a total of 60 nominations floating around currently with the maximum number being distributed to any one person being 19 without selfnominations. I'd suspect the bad guys have enough numbers to tilt the nominated people mainly towards innocents, if all 3 lynching block candidates are innocents then the bad guys obviously will be winning out during that lynch phase. I think it's no surprise that we have 3 different nominations to make just as there will be 3 people going to the lynching block for the second phase of the day. That means every scum is going to be able to push 3 innocents into the blocks.

IMO this means that we should either come up with a system to restrict every1's nominations or we should all use all of our nominations.

If the scum use 3 noms each and the town does not utilize its noms, then that means the scum will be controlling a larger portion of the nominations power than they should be. Thus it should be beneficial for all players to use 3 noms each in order to decrease the effect the scumvoters will have in tilting the lynching block towards the innocents or if we determine that that would be too difficult to analyze or it would be easier if we all used 2 or 1 noms each we could go with that system as well.

Basically it's important IMO that we are all using the same number of nominations at the end of the day so that the town:scum ratio is as good as we can get it to be. Now obviously as we progress and we have more information we can change that ratio around, but for now I think it's important that we keep ourselves on an even keel around here.

What do you guys think about this unique day structure we're dealing with here?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:38 pm

Yes Adele, it's possible for us to just nominate 3 people each and designate a system so that every player receives the same number of nominations and is thus placed on the lynching block. For example we could go with the player list and make a system so that every player nominates the 3 people before him on the list.

However if we were going to place everyone at risk for a lynch, we might as well just nominate the one person we're planning to vote for and then proceed to vote for them later given no new developments. It would give us more time during the day to figure out where people are going to be voting and what not.

I think we'll be fine if we just play by the rules hun if we get an accurate idea of where everyone is leaning and we make sure that people are using the same amount of nominations each.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:06 pm

By follow your example do you mean nominate random people for undisclosed reasoning, nominating Lee/Mike for the behaviour displayed or just basically coming out with their suspicions and nominating whoever we find suspicious?
Turbovolver please make it clear what you are refering to.

I believe that there are restrictions in place to generate this sort of discussion on religion, possibly some that force players to speak of it and some that force players to criticize those who speak of it. If we allow ourselves to be guided by such restrictions in our day, we could easily find that this will end in a situation not of our liking. I don't like where this path of designed discussion is leading us and I agree with Adele on the idea that we shouldn't allow these pregenerated post restrictions create all of the conflict that's going to happen in the game. There's no reason to totally ignore such speech impediments, but to allow them to dominate our day's proceedings could leave us chasing our own tail so to speak for quite a long time.

I suspect the game's set up to with restrictions to throw us off and it'd be easier for us if we could see through that smoke.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #163 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:34 pm

I apologize for my lack of contribution to the discussion or nomination of anyone, I've been quite distracted recently due to some concerns of mine, primarily the securing of adequate food supplies for our stay on this island. In fact I flew around for a while to get a better idea of our surroundings and I've procured an adequate amount of coconuts and bananas for our stay to be amenable.

Pooky munches on a coconut and pats his contented belly

If I could find some pineapples maybe I could whip up a few Pina Coladas for everyone.

To TSS, yes I meant in the sense that the ultimate number of people up for lynch will be the same as the number of nominations we have to use each. I share your opinion in the sense that it's probably beneficial for the nominees to share too many nominators, however we are currently in the first stage of the nominations process where people are nominating based on suspicion, the secondary stage when those who find themselves heading for the lynching block might choose to nominate not according to suspicion but to get some other player close to them up in order to get themselves off the lynching block could easily confuse the issue.

For example, right before the people who go to the block head to the block, let's say 2 players are tied for nominations at 5 and they are basically tied for third most nominations and would both head to the lynching block as a result. If one of them has not nominated the other due to suspicion, he may easily find himself tempted to nominate the other player in order to get himself off the lynching block.

Now if we project this situation backwards in time, we can see how nominations for suspicions could get confused with nominations to stay off the lynching block. I think it'd be beneficial for us to agree to just not defensively nominate in order to get off the lynching block because it's misrepresentative of our suspicions and could throw a real monkey wrench into the works when we're analyzing the nominations later.

In rereading, I'm finding CES slightly suspicious for being on both secondary nomtrains, remember, it's the secondary trains that are the most susceptible to manipulation due to their distance from the rest of the noms as compared to the leading train. What I'm saying is that the leading train doesn't need the nom of a scum to stay the leading train, it's ahead of the pack in a way that unnoming would not change whether that player is heading to the lynching block, thus the scum could unnominate and switch their nominations to secondary trains to influence who the 2nd and third nominees for the lynching block are without changing the person in the first slot for the lynching block. Also I don't like the commendation of TSS for his efforts, it smells a little like a scum trying to buddy up to some1.

Not that Pooky would do anything like buddy up to people to make them not vote him....

Swooning hard for people though, that's entirely different!

Pooky hands Adele a beautifully carved coconut heart

Nominate CES
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #194 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:31 pm

A slow dramatic theme begins to play as Pooky munches on a pineapple while watching his fellow townsmen debate who to put on the lynching block. As the melodrama unfolds before him, Pooky contemplates what he should do while rubbing his contented belly. After a quick flick of the emptied coconut husk into the rainforest behind him, Pooky approaches the crowd at a leisurely hop

So have we decided on making four the ceiling for the third nomination in order to get as many people on the lynching block as possible? I agree with Mathcam about how it is probably beneficial to weed out those who might drop the ball later but if they are liable to drop the ball later, wouldn't they be just as liable to drop it sooner and be culled out before we reach such later stages anyway?

Pooky takes some time to look for Adele and sees her alone by the edge of the beach, crimson dress and hair billowing in the wind as she gazed out towards where the sea caressed the sky. Her visage was a lovely hue of red as the light from the setting sun cloaked her body in its last breaths. The chilly brine brushed across her feet and paused to savor the moment before returning to the ocean. As the sunset silhouetted her beauty, Pooky wondered if he would ever see anything half as lovely.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #215 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:17 am

The thing is Goofball, if you're geniunely suspicious of MBF, why would you decide to nominate him? The point of nominating people is to place them on the lynching block, MBF is already on the lynching block and thus a nomination on him does not in any way further your cause if you are a geniune innocent. What is the point of nominating a player who is already heading to the lynching block as it is and so close to the deadline?

Your nomination of MBF does not in any way further your cause of getting MBF lynched, such a cause would be helped by you voting for him in the voting stage but a further nomination on MBF does not do anything but REMOVE people from the lynching block. Surely you trust us to make a reasonable decision on who to lynch in the 2nd stage of the day? Why would you want to remove these people from our options?

You've said that I've been seemingly going out of my way to not step on anyone's toes due to my lack of nominations, I've only used one.

The reason I haven't used my other two nominations on people whom I find suspicious is because those people are already on the lynching block and have no need of any more nominations, nominating them will not get them closer to getting lynched as they already are, it will only let others off the hook, others who I'm not certain I want to rule out as options at this point.

However you are correct in that it's somewhat suspicious of me to not fully express my suspicions, currently they are CES, Turbovolver, and MBF.

According to my sundial, it should be about 44 minutes before Ms. Blue arrives.

Can we agree on a ceiling for these nominations or not?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #239 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:31 pm

A dismayed look comes over our hero's face as he sees some of the town clamor for the death of his beloved. Could he just stand by and let them drag her away to a horrible death? Surely not! He took another look at her impassive face, oh how he wished he could know all her thoughts, how he wished they could share everything with each other, how he wished he could take her into his arms and protect her forever!

Lee, Adele has been consistently pushing for us to have as large a pool of candidates to choose from as possible. Her earliest posts were about how she thought it would be a possible strategy to put everybody on the lynching block so as to avoid limiting our options. She's consistently pushed for this and I believe her point about not limiting our choices early is a valid one. By enlarging the lynch block, she believes she's basically giving us more options, basically more power.

Now we have to tread a careful line between not giving ourselves enough options and giving ourselves so many options as to be unable to make up our minds in the short time that we actually have.

However I believe her choice to increase the lynching block size isn't all that bad considering that we're as likely to get a lynch done with 7 on the block as we are with 9. I haven't done the numbers but I believe the numbers that will gather for the wagon is certainly enough that there isn't that much difference for finding a majority in terms of players sent to the lynching block if the lynching block is of size 5 or greater(this is just my instincts on the matter).

I'd expect Adele to face some form of backlash from those she's promoted onto the lynching platform and this could easily be the focal point of the primary bandwagon today. I wouldn't expect her to call that much attention down on herself as scum already on the lynching platform.

However I'd like to remind people that at this point it's very important that we get moving as we have a set deadline coming in very soon, don't be afraid to cast votes and wagon someone! There won't be a lynch when some1 reaches majority! There's no danger of bandwagons being hijacked to an early lynch! There is however a very big danger that if we don't get some participation that we won't be able to make up our minds.

Which brings me to another important question, should we ask the vigilante if one exists to shoot at night at a player who has a clear plurality but was unable to be lynched due to time constraints?

I believe we should because it would avoid missed lynches due to timing issues that may come up due to the relatively fast deadline we are on.

My vote however is on Turbovolver for his post which I vehemently disagree with. We've had plenty of time to mingle and I think he can do much better than just tagging along with Tamuz based on Tamuz's explanation. It's like sticking your foot in the pool while keeping one foot firmly back in case you find the water too cold. By attacking Adele when she's got one vote already based on another person's explanation which he claims he
trusts
he is basically drawing blood while skirting all responsbility! Also he's claimed that TSS's comment is fluff when it gives us information that I believe is quite interesting, it basically connects people who seem to share the same views, these connections could come in quite useful later. I honestly can't see how such information can be dismissed as just "fluff"

vote Turbovolver
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #244 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:01 pm

First off Turbovolver, please review the rules and make sure you understand how this game actually works. Since I'm not on the lynching block, voting for me would be an incredibly pointless waste of your vote. Again why is it that Pooky is so much more likely to be evil? Is it because he believes that TSS's idea about looking for patterns in the nominations made yesterday holds some water? TSS mentioned that it was an interesting datum, your quick move to dismiss that as obviously fluff is in my opinion absolutely ludicrious. What information should we use if not the nominations made during the day and the posts that we make?

I have never accused you of not contributing to this game, in fact your active participation makes it difficult for you to have missed Adele's earlier comments and that's one of the big reasons why my vote is on you. I believe your quickness to join Tamuz while unwilling to voice your suspicions earlier in the thread when you chose to instead post about how crazy we are and informed us that you were
reviewing
the thread before deciding on a choice. A few posts later you jump on Adele's wagon claiming to
trust
Tamuz's reasoning while mentioning you've yet to do that review. Why did you change your mind about actually reviewing the thread and coming up with your own reasoning and choose to instead follow Tamuz? We're not in any rush here, day ends same time no matter what happens. It seems to me that what you're trying to do is build up an Adele-wagon while nimbly dodging any criticism or blame for it later by passing the buck to Tamuz.

Pooky looked up at the cloud, an eery sensation raised the hairs along his neck as he felt as if he was being watched. The wind howled through the hills and carried with it the briny scent of an angry sea crashing against the cliffs not so far away. Pooky watched the waves slam against the cliff like a persistent lover trying to drag its partner into the depths, to consume it in its entirety, to shelter it forever. The tide took but the smallest grains of sand every time they embraced the cliff, but the tide would never stop wrapping the cliff in its embrace. Even under such harrowing conditions she looked resplendent, a mountain of calm and reason in a sea of doubts and uncertainty. As Pooky lazily started to doze off beneath the palm tree he thought to himself, "Even the smallest grain of sand can be worth more than all the gold in the world"
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #273 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:54 pm

Faced by a flurry of accusations from Goofball, our hero could only sigh, was she right? Were Pooky's dreams and hopes but foolish and feverish fantasies? Was our hero doomed to a life of unreciprocated love? No surely the gods would not forsake him to such a cruel fate! Pooky took another look at her face, her breath floating gaily though the night sky. No, Goofball was wrong about this, for but one smile, one laugh, one gaze of her eyes would be enough reciprocation for any amount of love Pooky could give. There would be no ocean deep enough for all the love that Pooky could give

Turbovolver, are you saying I haven't committed myself in my suspicion of you? Do you think I am uncertain about my choice to vote you? Yes the majority of my posts in the beginning of the game have been related towards overall strategy and not my suspicions. The simple explanation for this is that at that point in the game I did not have any suspicions, I do not begin my games with a preordained suspicions floating in my head. These suspicions take time to develop as I interact with others, they are based on what has been said and neat little patterns that might develop. Why would I commit myself to definite suspicions early in the game without any chance to really look at how people are behaving? Currently I am commited in my suspicions, they are at you for a number of points that you've failed to address and have misinterpreted.

When I accused you of failing to do what you promised in terms of reviewing the thread before making your vote and instead making a vote based on "trusting Tamuz" You fired back at me for "accusing you of not contributing in the game" When I told you that you had missed Adele's earlier comments about lynch block maximization and that being the reason behind her nominations, you turned that around and told me that you were voting her for her nominations and not her comments and told me to pay attention.

My point was that she's consistently followed what she's argued for in terms of lynch block maximization and not limiting our options early, if you think that such behaviour is suspicious enough to warrant lynching her, then
why did you not object earlier when she first raised the point?!??!

I honestly don't see which discussions you accuse me of skipping out on. If you'd simply tell me what you want my opinion on instead of making vastly general attacks on me for "avoiding our discussions" it would be far more helpful.

I just get very upset when someone who monologues about finding himself on the lynching block goes after someone else for "fluffing" his posts when the connections presented in that post are far more useful to us than how you feel upon finding yourself on the lynching platform.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #295 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:47 pm

Is anyone else finding Turbovolver's arguments incredibly difficult to follow?
Turbo wrote:As for me "accusing you of not being solid with your suspicions of me", you'll see that the comments I made were based on the nomination phase, and not recent events. So, I wasn't talking about your suspicions of me.

So you expected me to begin the game with solid suspicions in the nominations phase before we've yet had a chance to converse much? Perhaps you expect me to be a psychic? Starting games with solid suspicions before a chance to really get information or see what people say, that's a
bias

Turbo wrote:As for the actual details behind my early vote on Adele, I took Tamuz's word for it when he made his case. I don't think scum would gain anything by outright lying about events, so taking his words at face value seemed fair enough. If there was a problem with the argument, go bark up Tamuz's tree. I don't care if that sounds scummy... I've already given my own suspicions and I'm not even voting for Adele anymore so it's not like I'm trying to lynch Adele but blame Tamuz.
Why would you take Tamuz's word for it instead of actually looking it up yourself? Voting doesn't even count for anything until Friday, so what do YOU have to gain by voting before you've had a chance to actually evaluate his argument? As soon as you made your vote you were preemptively passing the buck on to Tamuz.

Turbo wrote:And yes Pooky, I've done a bit of roleplaying. That does not make me a hypocrite when I call you out for being a nonentity, because I've also contributed heavily to the real discussions this group has had. As for what I want comments on... it doesn't matter anymore. The fact remains that, at least during the nomination phase, you were a cipher.
Well if you're going to accuse me of skipping out on these real discussions that you've participated in, please share with me what they are so that I can address your concerns. Making such general attacks upon me are incredibly pointless and quite suspicious.
Turbo wrote:Pooky, if there are points of yours I've misrepresented or failed to address, please bring them up again. I'll do my best to answer your concerns. Vague references like this are very suspicious if you cant back them up.
I did bring them up, I was very specific in post 273 about why I found you suspicious, your response to my specific allegations has been nonexistent and your retaliatory remark about me making vague references is part of a trend of attack based commentary from you that do little to address the points raised against you.
Turbo wrote:As for the race card shenanigans... they were meaningless. I just wanted to see how The Silent Speaker would respond. Perhaps I've signed my death warrant with such admissions, but it's the truth. Sorry if I got a bit extreme there. The four of spades thing was an in-joke that nobody here would understand.
.... We have three days to find a player to lynch, and you've decided to waste our time with meaningless shenaningans? TSS is voting based on a "tell" is "rubbish", what exactly are you calling me and mathcam scum based upon?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #309 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:35 pm

Actually Turbovolver, I had made those points before and had decided to collect them and present them again because you had avoided them earlier. I specifically collected them so that it would be easier for you to find them and address them. Yet you have continued to avoid addressing my points against you!

I have stated this all before but am restating it yet again because you seem to have a hearing problem.

When I accused you of failing to do what you promised in terms of reviewing the thread before making your vote and instead making a vote based on "trusting Tamuz" You fired back at me for "accusing you of not contributing in the game"

This means that you took my accusation of failing to do as you've promised in terms of reviewing the thread, and misinterpreted that as me accusing you of not contributing in the game. I have NEVER accused you of not contributing in this game and for you to fire back at me along those lines signifies that you are twisting my argument against you.

When I told you that you had missed Adele's earlier comments about lynch block maximization and that being the reason behind her nominations, you turned that around and told me that you were voting her for her nominations and not her comments and told me to pay attention.

Her nominations follow
exactly what she's commented that she would be doing
. If you had a problem with those nominations of hers you should've countered her points earlier when she first raised them!
When you were confronted with this, you quickly turned tail and started passing the buck as fast as you could to Tamuz. I've yet to get a satisfactory answer to my earlier query which I will repeat to you yet again sir.

Why would you take Tamuz's word for it instead of actually looking it up yourself? Voting doesn't even count for anything until Friday, so what do YOU have to gain by voting before you've had a chance to actually evaluate his argument?

Your answer so far to this question seems to be entirely based upon an assumption that Tamuz(or anybody else) would NOT lie. Why would you assume this? Why would you basically proxy your vote off to another player without actually figuring out where your suspicions lay if you were just going to move your vote to whomever you found suspicious later? The only votecount that will decide the lynch is the one on Friday! It seems very much so that you were trying to drum up support for a bandwagon while passing the buck onto Tamuz!

I find your postings full of rampant paranoia and hysteria, coupled with a very sharp willingness to attack the quality of my arguments. What is the point of saying that my arguments are "probably terrible"? Attacks like that don't convince anyone who's read my arguments already, why make broad general attacks on me such as that?

Pooky sighs, exhausted with arguing with such a crazed fellow, he falls back upon the palm tree and rests his head under the cool shade. Gazing longly at the her soft hair gliding along the wind, he falls asleep knowing that it's all worth it.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #359 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:53 pm

Pooky leans back under the shade of the palm tree and warily eyes the newly arrived pirates and the awakening companions. Which of them had been up to more than just sleeping last night? Carefully glancing across his companions, looking for signs of fatigue or weariness that might indicate an eventful night, Pooky's eyes fell across a particularly picturesque beauty as she rose. As dawn's bright rays danced across her hair, a Patsy Cline tune danced through Pooky's head,

See the pyramids along the Nile
Watch the sunrise on a tropic isle
Just remember darlin' all the while
You belong to me

See the market place in Old Algiers
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember when a dream appears
You belong to me

I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too, and blue

Fly the ocean in a silver plane
See the jungle when it's wet with rain
Just remember 'til you're home again
You belong to me

I'm gonna be so alone without you
And I'm hopin' maybe you'll be lonesome, too, and blue

Fly that ocean in a silver plane
See the jungle when it's wet with rain
Just remember til you're home again
You belong to me

Auditions enh CA? Sure!

"Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Commodore Amazing!"
"More Commodore Amazing, with less art."

I do hope you get the casting done soon, I sure can't wait to be in a play of some kind!

The comments about Turbovolver's innocence prior to his lynch really scratched me the wrong way, what is the point of commenting that you think a player is innocent before he's going to get lynched?(at that point we don't have the time to find another candidate and get him to the necesary number of votes for lynch) It's got a feel of mafia trying to look smart for tommorrow to it.

On a side note, the only player not to vote yesterday was also the only player not to nominate, our very own Werebear. He does mention that he
will
vote for Turbovolver at least twice but never does put the vote on. He also mentions that one of his favorite things to do as mafia was "to stand back and watch the townsfolk vote each other"

I'm wary of this because it's almost like he's trying to get attacked for flying under the radar....

I don't like the Goofball fishing but I think she's safely going to make the lynching block so my nominations will be going to several neglected candidates.

nominate: Seol, LML, Werebear
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #380 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:14 am

The bright lights of the morning seemed to dance across her hair in a fit of whimsical delight. Her eyes twinkled like precious gems, putting the most dazzling diamonds to shame. As Pooky slumped under his favorite palm tree and gazed contently across the beach at her, their eyes locked for a moment and she gave Pooky a smile that stole his breath away. Pooky was so entranced that he almost cut his thumb off with the knife he was using to prepare his pineapple. Sheepishly suckling his cut thumb, Pooky couldn't help but notice that she chuckled a little at the silly Bear's mishap. Her laughter was something quite unique, gentle as the first dew drops of the morning, sweet as moonlight and as beautiful as the wind.

Lee, I'm suspicious of you for more than just that comment, your participation was quite lacking in the voting phase and it seemed kind of silly for you to pop in at the end and lament on us playing sloppily when you've been doing so little to actually contribute to any other options. Maybe you were just preoccupied by other things at the time, I'd be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

I see several kinks in TSS's plan, it's not implausible that scum might've nominated each other in the interests of having something to fall back on later, something kind of like how scumbags random-vote each other early to look like they are on separate sides?

In fact what's interesting is that while MBF's nomwagon was relatively fast, MBF received very little attention during the actual voting phase, in fact the votecounts show only one vote on MBF from TSS.

unnominate LML
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #403 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:45 am

Pooky looked concerned for DGB's health as he carefully mixed cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and black peppers in his hollowed out coconut shell with fresh rainwater. He lit a blaze beneath some sticks and carefully set the shell over it, carefully rotating it so that it did not burn. After some careful brewing, Pooky poured Goofball and himself cups of hot steaming tea and left the rest for anyone else who might want some.

I'm really worried about you Goofball, you seem to be so absolutely disallusioned with our performance, your defeatist attitude is really scaring me. My dear, what has caused you to despair so? Surely you realize that if you're innocent that we would all be better off if you could convince us of this? I can understand your fustration with what in your opinion is unfair treatment but you need to understand that we are not your enemies here! Your attacks and sarcastic nastiness aren't helping your position at all! I know you're a reasonable person and I know if we work together we can get through this difficult time together, hopefully both alive, but if you insist on being negative and noncontributory, you're not giving us many choices. Please don't give up on us Goofball, I'll never give up on you.

Pooky took a sip of his tea, it burned his lips a little but helped to warm him up from the chilly winds. He thought some more on what Goofball had said, about how Pooky would react from her death, despite the hot tea Pooky shivered. He couldn't bear to think of losing her, it would be as terrible as waking up to discover the sun didn't shine anymore. Surely the fates could not be so cruel!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #441 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:53 am

Wait Goofball, let me get this straight, you consistently poke my record and attack me for avoiding "suspicion"? For being "crafty" ? What the bloody hell do you want me to do? Rolefish, do scummy stuff, claim to be mafia, threaten to kill everyone!? Would you be satsified then!? I've done more than my fair share of work around here and I've made it very clear who I've suspected and carefully laid out why I've suspected them. Compare that to Werebear who's said pretty much nothing through both days and I'm the one CRAFTILY DODGING SUSPICION? Shoot I guess what he's doing is blatantly lurking and what I'm doing is sleeptalking carefully through the minefield right?!

I've gone out of my bloody way to try to snap you out of your ludicriously silly depressive streak where all you do is mention baseless accusations while mumbling about how doomed you are to be lynched. I get more baseless accusations thrown my way and a continual refusal to actually defend yourself coupled with the same bloody "I'm doomed!" crap that you've been spewing since Day 1.

What the heck is this strategic lynching of you mean? How does lynching you help the overall strategy of the town? It's not like you're coming out with cop results that need to be verified by your lynch...

I want a clarification of this strategic stuff.

vote DGB
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #455 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:13 pm

Pooky felt faint and slightly sick as he watched the raucous lynch mob clamor for the death of his beloved. He looked at her face, the gentle waves of her hair fluttering in the wind, the graceful arch of her nose, the soft emerald eyes. Could his heart be so carelessly dropped into sea, to be lost to the cold tides of the Atlantic to sate the bloodlust of a town gone mad? Pooky never felt so lost before, so helpless and he watched the life of his love slowly fall away

Are you guys serious? This wagon has "merit"? Instead of stating the reasons for why you are voting for Adele you instead just say it has merit? The reasoning presented against her is so ridiculously poor that I honestly wonder how you could follow it so blindly!?

The initial bandwagon start was by PJ who stated that Adele's 13th vote on Turbovolver was suspicious because it seemed like she was looking for an easy target. Adele voted turbovolver AFTER he was effectively lynched!!! How can that be termed as scumbag looking for an easy target? She unvoted and voted turbovolver to GURANTEE THE RESULT, that the MAJORITY of the town had ALREADY CONSENTED TO!!!. How can you possibly be so ludicriously blind as to see that as scummy??! More importantly, instead of going after one of these bandwagon jumpers who actually made a difference(like voting for turbovolver BEFORE he was effectively lynched maybe?) Where was your argument when we were deciding to nominate? Why didn't you bring this up during the nomination phase and try to use this to get the people who actually voted when it MATTERED on the lynching block?

This bandwagon on Adele is absolutely ludicrious!! It's based on a vote that didn't matter and nominations patterns that are not explained very well at all! What's even more alarming is the mindless following of several people who have given no reasoning other than some obscure comment about merit, I challenge them to explain what the merit of this bandwagon is.

Glad to see you've decided to contribute more to our daily conversation than your regular "checking in" and "oh no im doomed" comments goofball.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #458 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:16 pm

I apologize if I did not make it clearer why I believed the nominations prior to give a very accurate picture of what is going on. I allowed my feelings for Adele and emotional weakness when confronted with the increasing probability of her death to detract from the coherency of my response.

I will address your points more clearly this time around, Adele's nominations prior to the day one nomination period ending were designed to maximize the town's options, something that she has been arguing for and something which has not been shown to be contrary to the interests of the town. I do not believe a scum would decide to add options to the town because by adding those players to the lynching block, they are not only attracting attention to themselves but drawing upon themselves the ire of those who have been put on the block by their moves. The last thing the scum want at that stage of the game is attention and I doubt that Adele/Seol if they were scum would decide to make the connection that clear.

I've already addressed why it is ridiculous to draw any conclusions of Adele being scum from her 13th vote on turbovolver, the vote had no real impact on the day's proceedings, Seol and Adele's votes had the effect of putting the nail in the coffin for Turbovolver, insuring that he would be lynched, an outcome that more than half of the town had
already
consented to! At that point the outcome of the day was clearly either a Turbo lynch or a NoLynch, Adele's vote did not actually push Turbo into a lynch, why would she look for an "easy target" when that "easy target" is going to die anyway? If she was scum, wouldn't she just hide from the bandwagon because in all likelihood Turbo is going to be lynched without her vote anyway and even in the extremely unlikely event that 2 players decide to unvote, a nolynch on day one isn't exactly bad for the mafia?

Today's nominations phase is even more trivial, reading through it shows that clearly a large number of people turned up to put in nominations for DGB and VitaminR, DGB for suspicious rolefishing and VitaminR because of a request. At the time of Adele's nominations, both candidates were already very far ahead and pretty much insured to be heading towards the lynching block. If there is some insidious connection between Adele and Seol, why would she choose to nominate the exact same people
who are already going to the lynching block?

There are just too many things wrong with your reasoning and I am finding the oddly complacent following of such large numbers to such faulty logic quite disturbing!

I am not saying that your logic or evidence is entirely wrong and completely bonkers in any way, I'm saying that this doesn't fit an actual scum MO very well and is far from the ironclad case that one would expect to have such a large following of people who seem convinced by its "merit".

I can not answer your question about why I find it necessary to defend Adele, my heart knows truths that my mind does not.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #479 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:02 pm

Heart aflutter, Pooky knows not what to do, it feels as if all the weights of the world had suddenly been tossed onto his shoulders and he's utterly helpless to watch as the one bright light slips away past the horizon. Is this how a love ends? Would Pooky's beloved disappear into the heavens as the victim of a mob lynching? Pooky wiped bitter tears from his eyes and took another look at her, those enigmatic eyes, the soft locks of auburn hair that flowed past her shoulders gracefully, the face as sweet as the falling leaves of autumn. How could she matter so much to Pooky yet Pooky know so little about who she was behind the mask she wore? Oh how Pooky wished they could've told each other secrets beneath the old chestnut tree, how Pooky wished he could hold her in his arms forever, to guard her from all the evils in the world, to feel her hair gentle graze across his face. Pooky looked towards the sun, it seemed to hang lower on the horizon now, the bright red rays cascading across the gentle seas lit Adele's dress up magnificently. There was only so much time before the morrow would come.

A seductive tune by Juice Newton begins to play

There'll be no strings to bind your hands
Not if my love can't bind your heart.
And there's no need to take a stand
For it was I who chose to start.
I see no need to take me home,
I'm old enough to face the dawn.

Just call me angel of the morning Angel
Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby.
Then slowly turn away from me.

Maybe the sun's light will be dim
And it won't matter anyhow.
If morning's echo says we ve sinned,
Well, it was what I wanted now.
And if we're the victims of the night,
I won't be blinded by light.

Then slowly turn away,
I won't beg you to stay with me
Through the tears of the day,
Of the years, baby baby baby.

And for now they danced
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #533 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:08 am

Pooky gazed listly out towards the sea as the town argued in a frenzy of activity, his eyes looked sore. The sun itself seemed to hang in shame over the horizon as he reminisced about her. He shook as he remembered the frenzied cries of the unruly mob, the way her dress fluttered in the night wind, the sickening sound of her life leaving, he had never had the chance to say good-bye. He buried his face in his paws again and thought of all the times that could have been, all that he could never have again. The fragrant scent of her perfume, brushing his nose across her auburn locks, holding her tightly as they watched the tides wash in from a resplendent sunrise. Nevermore would he feel that way again, nevermore would he hold her in his arms... It was all over now, she was his world and now she was gone... He stared across the open sea again, the sea that had swallowed his love, the sea that seemed to stretch onwards towards the sky. He hoped she was there now, in the skies, dancing with the angels. He hoped he could find her there again someday, oh how he would give everything he had for just another smile.

I find your comments quite disturbing Seol, Adele could've put any number of things in DGB's mouth that would make DGB seem suspicious, but she chose to put words that weren't very offensive. I could think of a number of worse things she could've used instead of what she did and I find it quite suspicious that you seem to believe she was incapable of finding such more incriminating phrases. I agree with Adele's choice of targets, finding one who is obviously not in league with her is a good way to prove her ability to the town.

CES has already got enough nominations to make the lynching block and Seol is already on it. I don't buy his mason claim and find him to be likely to be scum.

I am however alarmed with how quickly Lee seems to have equated a posting restriction with Satan, then again the Devil's greatest trick was convincing man he didn't exist. I wouldn't be too surprised if he was actually Satan.

nominate: DrippingGoofball
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #539 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:08 am

Bollocks Seol, Absolute Bollocks!

Where the heck in my post did I say I wanted to LYNCH CES?

I said I didn't believe him, that doesn't mean I want to lynch him! I fully understand that he'd be caught later if he was lying and I don't oppose waiting on that. Don't put words in my mouth Seol instead of defending yourself from my accusations of you.

You've yet to explain why Adele as scum wouldn't have put more damaging words in DGB's mouth yesterday.

As to why I don't believe him, I'm just stating my opinion of his claim based upon what I've read of his posts, I have not stated that I believe he is the right lynch for today, I definitely do NOT believe that. The person who I want to lynch today is Seol.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #543 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:39 pm

My lynching block comment was designed to explain why I did not use a nomination on someone who I had already made a remark about suspecting heavily.(I did not want to be accused of being two-faced later on suspecting CES yet not nominating him) I felt that my nomination wouldn't be doing anything on CES and it would be ok to just leave him alone at this point.

If it's such a small leap then why don't you nominate me on the grounds of what I actually
say
instead of concocting words and putting them in my mouth? State that your nominating me because I am being suspicious of a mason! State that I've chosen not to nominate him because he's probably making the lynching block anyway. Suddenly your case doesn't sound nearly as powerful as "You would lynch a claimed mason?" anymore does it?

When I first read over some of CES's comments it seemed as if he were setting himself up for a Napoleon Bonaparte claim with his comments about "springs of Saint Helene"(Napoleon was exiled to Saint Helena where he died probably of poisoning), "No mortal can stop me"(I don't know if Napoleon said that but it just kind of seems like the thing he'd say), and "Too bad some English dude shot him"(Napoleon hated the English). Then he backpedaled and claimed to be a satanist(though I wouldn't know why he would've dropped the hints that seem to be pointing towards Napoleon then).

This seems all the more relevant with the Satan in his first posts because some people believe that Napoleon was the 1st Antichrist.

opens up his laptop computer and inserts his bluetooth wireless internet thingy

As you can see, if you search under Antichrist and Napoleon quite a few pages come up that expound on this link.

I am however willing to wait due to his claim.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #560 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:51 am

My My Seol, looking at today's rather than yesterday's? So if you behave incredibly scummily yesterday we should just ignore it and examine today's behaviour instead? A blanket pardon for one's sins enh?

Where would responsbility lie then?

I do agree with PJ's assessment of the Lee ability, it does sound very unlikely. It's somewhat silly that Adele would go back and find such an obscure post restriction after her death.

I'm very concerned about VitaminR's comment about scum not having such a obvious post restriction(I didn't think it was very obvious at all).

I will however agree that Lee's overreaction to the posting restriction and the unlikely nature of his claim makes him our best lead at this moment.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #594 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:44 pm

Currently Seol and VitaminR are my top candidates. VitaminR has stated very little actual support for why he believes I am more likely to be scum and this is very much like his behaviour in the previous 2 days when he made his votes on Adele and Turbovolver.

There are reasons for wanting to put CES on the lynching platform other than wanting to lynch him. I am still annoyed with Seol's leap of logic in equating satisfaction with a player being on the lynching platform to wanting to lynch said player.

For one I would've been very interested in seeing who would choose to vote for CES since preclaim nominations are quite different from postclaim votes. I think it would've been quite beneficial for us to know who might've voted but now that Seol's done a quite excellent job of making sure everyone understands why that's a silly idea and gone on to attack me based on it I doubt we'll get any buyers for that notion. What's even more puzzling to me is the complacency displayed by CA and VitaminR in following Seol's mistaken lead.

And lastly Seol, I don't think I've overreacted at all since 2 people quickly followed you and nominated me, we are playing with very strict deadlines and to defend myself less than necesary and allowing the day to drag is something that is detrimental to our cause. Laying back and not defending myself adequately would be a mistake, it's happened twice already and I certainly have no intention of letting it happen again.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #598 (isolation #29) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:13 am

Having 4 for the ceiling for the secondary nominations seems to be as good as anything. I will put a nomination on VitaminR to follow up with what I had said earlier about his history of voting and nominating with flimsy reasons. He's provided very little reasoning in thread about his nominations, I find his propensity to bandwagon without good reasoning very disturbing. There are flagrant holes in his reasoning, for example he thinks it won't do any good to lynch off CA's list(which I read to mean he thinks we should not lynch those on the list) yet in the very next sentence he states that CA's information is useless now and useful only in the endgame(how can that be so if it provides us with a list of who
not
to lynch?) If I've read your post wrong VitaminR please tell me how so and how you actually meant it. Also I believe he makes erroneous assumptions about the "chances" of lynching the sole scum as we have quite a bit of information from previous days to go on, it's not as if we're starting from an informationless day 1.

nominate VitaminR
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #614 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:55 am

I see Seol, so your logic is that since you've effectively stonewalled Fiasco with you completely BS defense of a ludicrious lynch of a fairly protown player, you should be allowed to get away with it? Is your ability to be fairly verbose in the defense of your scummy actions enough to dissuade the town from arguing with you on them? But yes of course, since it's perfectly clear that you shall bore us to death by repeatedly pontificating on your fallacious arguments that got a protown player lynched and you refuse to admit Adele was the wrong bloody lynch at that point in the game and our reasoning regardless of how good it is will have to be cast aside because we've laid it out already and you can play WIFOM with our logic all day. Instead you wish to deflect our attention to what is happenning today rather than what already has happened.

You and VitaminR have been on both lynchwagons so far, and have jumped on both with less than stellar reasoning, what I would call downright scummy reasoning. Now you're proceeding to make your case against me. I'm also very glad that CA is voting me because he can not get a good read on me, which means he doesn't have a good idea of whether I'm scum or not and he's just following the "logical rampager". Tell me CA, where did you get this idea that Seol has a better idea than you do about whether I am scum? Is it Seol's amazing voting record so far of nailing 2 innocents into the ground? Do you believe that the third time must be the charm? You do seem to be avoiding all responsbility for your vote, do you fear repercussions when it is shown to be wrong?

Btw Seol, I'm glad you're able to cast things in such a light, when you make ludicrious logical leaps and put things in my mouth it is a "small leap" when I state my intentions which are fairly reasonable to trap scum, it is "weaseling out". I do enjoy watching you twist semantics to try to load your arguments. It's quite entertaining, what type of logical fallacy do you call this again?

It's amazing how you can accuse me on grounds of OMGUS when you attacked me
after
I attacked you. I point you clearly to the fact that on the post before you launched you attack on me that I stated very clearly why I suspected you and wanted you on the lynching block, surprising how you can miss that comment but read the one right next to it about CES. In fact I should be the one accusing you of the OMGUS factor here since I'm the one who came after you first.

However I'm sure you'll term this as some sort of minor "logical slip" and find some more colorful terms to slap on me.

vote Seol
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #632 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:43 pm

My gosh, Fritzler's voting me too. I must be innocent now!

Seriously guys, I have a fairly verifiable claim and if it'll help us move through this lynching period in a better pace than the previous 2 then I'm willing to make it.

I don't want everything to be a mad scramble at the end again. I can see the same people who have been fairly silent and who have contributed to the death of my beloved the previous day are now circling me and calling for my blood on the sands to join hers.

Is this the circle in which we shall walk?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #737 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:21 pm

The rumbling in Pooky's tummy was audible over the roar of the tides crashing onto the beach. He hadn't been eating very well after her death, even the sweetest confections turned ashes and shadow in his mouth. In her presence life tasted like strawberries and honeydew, the sweet flavor of papayas and cantelope, the aroma of baked banana and pineapple. All the fruits of life seemed to have left with her, leaving him with but memories of sweet time lost. As the morning wind blew in, he shivered and shook; it felt like he lost too much, as if a gaping hole had been ripped through his chest. He fell onto the sand, he felt so awfully tired, so terribly lost, and so very hopeless; despair ripped through him like a cruel knife. His eyes felt empty, as if he had cried his very soul out into the sands those past few nights. He slowly rolled his head skyward, and watched the great clouds stroll through the sky. Even the skies looked dark and gloomy, the once bright cerulean colors of the ocean replaced by a murky gray. She had taken with her all the colours of the sky, all the succulent fruits of the land, all the sweet aromas of the wind. He wondered if he had any more reason to live, he wondered if he could just close his eyes and play those few precious moments he had spent with her in his head over and over. See her smile flash across her face in his memories, hold her closely and never let go. A thousand doubts scourged his heart, How could he let her go on that platform alone? How could he let them kill her? How could he let her leave his arms? What was he worth if he couldn't defend what he had loved and lived for? What was he living for now that she was gone and taken his world with her? He held on to the memories, the picture of her smile, the way the sun had lit up her face during its slow journey beyond the horizon. They were all he had left in the world.

I've promised to be able to somewhat verify myself, given the progress we're making and the no deaths last night I feel much more comfortable giving information that will hopefully clear me. I am an information role, I possess information that would not be clear about 2 people in this game and which they can verify, the third piece of information has already been claimed. My options at this point are to either reveal one or two of the unknown pieces of info and have them be verified by the people they are about or to hold on to these 2 pieces of information in hopes of catching one of those said players in a lie later.

I'd like to hear your opinions about which path I should take.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #754 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:21 am

Your defense of your very suspicious nominations and votes is that others have done it too?

I'll give the first piece of information now as it could provide a decent lead later, if you'd look at Thok's records, you'd notice he mentions an animal in every post. However I know that Thok's posting restriction is
not
to include an animal in every post. So it seems to me that Thok is faking a posting restriction, why he would want to do that I don't know.

Pooky collapsed on top of a fallen log and let his eyes finally fall shut. He thought of all the places he'd been, all the adventures he had been, they seemed to be so pointless and such a waste of time now considering what he had just lost... A moment with her had made him happier than he had ever been before. Just watching her eyes light up when she smiled was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. He doubted he would see a sight so beautiful again, it struck again, like a knife in the belly, crueling twisting its way through his gut. The painful agony of facing the fact that she was gone, the fact that he knew she was the one, and she'd slipped through his fingers and into the great blue sky. There was nothing he would not give for one last chance to hold her in his arms.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #811 (isolation #34) » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:40 am

I've had my eye on him for a while now, I would be fairly overjoyed with a lynch of Seol at this juncture.

As regarding the masonship, how would we know if they are masons when one of them dies? If we are to presume that Lee was guilty and we won't be shown alignment upon death and if one of them were to die and be shown as X- the Satanist, how would we know if that person is a scum or a mason?

I'm actually quite surprised that Seol hasn't raised this point at all, this taken together with his overdefense of the Masonry yesterday and his conviction that Lee is indeed scum and we are dealing with a no-reveal game and his very verbose pursuit of nearly every other angle in this game makes me feel as if he is indeed hiding something.

It's often more interesting what a person does not say than what they do.

vote Seol
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #842 (isolation #35) » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:31 am

Seol, I'm not saying that you have to notice
everything
. I'm just saying that it's fairly odd given your rigorious attack yesterday in defense of the masons that you seem to have deliberately looked over the implications such a no-reveal setup as you contend would have on the ability to verify the masons. This is of course in the context of the very long post you wrote that seemed to have looked at every direction other than that one.

This coupled with Seol and VitaminR's fairly buddy-buddy voting relationship and his "defense" of VitaminR's claim's
plausibility
while saying nothing it seems of VR's guilt seems somewhat off to me. I feel that giving Seol a night to "investigate" is probably our best option at this point.

unvote

vote VitaminR
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #865 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:22 am

Considering that the only way to actually verify VitaminR's ability is to get him killed via nominations and we don't really have a candidate to replace him on the lynching platform today, wouldn't it be fairly wise to follow through with his lynch?

I can't see how rushing through on another candidate or nolynching could be better at this point than lynching him.

I'm also very interested to see where this line of inquiry with the masons will go. I can't for the life of me think of a reason why they would withhold name information today yet be ok with giving it tommorrow except to iron out any details that might go wrong overnight. I hope their explanation for their reticence will be quite good.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #868 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:01 am

I meant my contribution comments in the sense that you should contribute more. Not randomly kill yourself....

Socrates was well known for giving eloquent speeches, not for randomly killing himself to "confirm" himself.

Fritzler, could you give more details on what this whole killing yourself thing means?

Sometimes Fritzler you can make me so fustrated.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #873 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:04 am

I still very much believe a VitaminR lynch would make more sense at this point than running someone up so close to the deadline based on so little and without a chance for a proper defense. However seeing as how that's now fairly unlikely to happen, I will aquiesce to the wishes of the plurality and place my vote on Fiasco.

Where shall we lay our picnic blanket tonight my love?
Let us dine beneath the cool shade of the sycamore tree upon the fruits of our love.
Baked bananas, succulent mango, sweet cantaloupe, juicy honeydew, creamy avocado fill our mouths.
None could be as sweet as our love as we dance across the twilight sky.

unvote

vote Fiasco
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1470 (isolation #39) » Mon May 29, 2006 5:27 pm

A slight miscalculation on that last night not using my 1 shot selfprotect.

I had somewhat expected to be protected as an information role if a mafia existed and tried to kill me(by that point I was somewhat skeptical of a mafia existing since I was the only one killing at night)

Much fistshaking towards da werebear for being lousy and not protecting probly the only effective information role in da game.(boo!)

And a really big big fistshake at mith for the game construction, due to my name having the last name Brown and the color names in the last names of the moderator, I thought it was a game full of real people with colors in their last names, thus I assembled a list via wikipedia's last name index of all people who had colors for last names who were still alive that was like 7 pages long and was prepping for the game based on that, I think I was going to claim to be this famous romantic jazz playa or something.

Then the first roleclaim of the game happens to be DGB's Robert Green Ingersoll! A color middle name! Back to the drawing board for pooks as he starts getting all the color middle names together.

Then our first lynch just happens to be Malcolm X, otherwise known as Detroit RED! This pretty much convinces Pooks that he's dealing with a buncha colors as he begins to look up first names/middle names/nicknames to go with his last name color list.

This proceeds over night1 when Pooks uses Kelly's restriction to kill her. When she's revealed as some1 who has nothing to do with a color, Pooks pretty upset at Mith, it's quite annoying when the only other 2 names in the game that have clear links to color happen to get lynched/claimed on day 1 and make Pooks look up his humongous list(what r the chances of the only 2 people out of the whole game with colors getting run up right?)

Much congrats to the scum for winning, it probably would've been pretty devastating to keep me alive. I'm actually quite surprised the Galileo claim carried thru, I didn't think old Gal was very famous for his orating abilities ;).
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1475 (isolation #40) » Mon May 29, 2006 11:49 pm

yea! a huge thanks to the moderators for the excellent game!

I definitely agree with PJ about his points about what made the game hard, especially about that point 5 with Werebear, if he had done his job and kept me alive I totally would've handed you guys those scumbags on a platter. :D
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1493 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:26 pm

virtually copless game?!

why if u'd actually given me some protection like docs r supposed to for outted info roles we would've run those scum over! ;)
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”