DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

/confirmandwhatnot
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Looking at the player list it appears only Screaming Death Clan (who may not be activated yet) or one of its heads haven’t checked in.
Considering the members of said Hydra, this surprises me a bit.

In DEFCON 2.0, all my reads were near spot on (despite being lynched Day 1) due to the first 3 DEFCON phases. I wouldn't give them up just so we can see bodies hit the floor faster and cull out some of the playerbase.

It's not needed, but I would be voting against Total War as well.

I went a stretch of frustrating games, which led to me wanting to take a break from Mafia for a while. Intentionally modkilling myself in WoW was done both from a strategic standpoint but also to remove myself from ignorance of the town that was left. It was a poor decision, yes, but I think I had just reached a breaking point in dealing with my perception of ignorance. I hope we don't have a problem Faraday.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Toogeloo »

They could claim to have Silo in Defense as well, just fyi.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Or hell... Scum sub could just declare themselves a Silo. It says they "may" declare in silence. Nothing really stopping them from declaring openly as a Sub "Nuke: Target," and then claiming to be in defense the next day or something.

Seriously, if you don't want a power, pick Sub regardless.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Just my two cents on those of you still trying to pick your deployments.

I would argue that Counter-Intelligence isn't going to be as high on the scum lists as anyone may think. A good scum team will have already established crypto and the framing is a crap shoot each night in most cases. It's useful, but not a required to get power for them in any way, and without the super cracker (Percy) in this game, Eavesdrop may not be as scary to them.

Coming from someone who put every role in the game on his list in the last game and still got a Silo, I will also push that you make sure that the one you absolutely think you have the best shot at, or the one you absolutely want to contest the most, is in the number one position. Make the decision as to whether you are going to contest a role or try and pick one you don't think others are going to pick. Because after that first pick, your odds of getting your second pick are abysmally low, and you will likely end up with a Silo.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Fate, you should know that no one likes to be bullied by your demands. You also know that I am impervious to your charm since I know of your separate persona from B8 that has a tad less bite ^_^. Do you honestly believe that not a single town is going to put Air Base on their list? We ARE supposed to be WIFOMing it up on our roles after all. What if another town, say, me, takes Air Base but we all pretend you have Air Base. Now we got two Bulletproof!

Hez sounds like he has Fail Safe already, he makes me laugh.

Getting some scumvibes from AV. AV, are you unamerican again... cuz that would just suck to be you for being on the wrong side of the war all the time.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I never understood the Fatefear or whatever you guys call it here. I have history with Fate, and he definitely plays to a slightly more dismissive personality elsewhere.

My scumgut on AV hasn't changed. Likening Magua and RC very much. Not sure about ooba as my read on him has been null, but if RC likes him, then I can roll with that.

Seems like I am seeing a lot of the same voices over and over in a 20-something game, may need to do a post-count/content analysis before I consider my vote for DEFCON 3.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Going with my scumgut read.

Vote: AVox

In other news, I got exactly what I wanted. I am Vanilla for all intents and purposes in the game. Celebrations ahoy my fellow Americans, I am the mole in the Euro contingent. I am...

AMERICAN COUNTER-INTELLIGENCE.

Bask in your Eavesdropping if you got it American buddy; fear not your scanning power Espionagist. Denial of documents has been done. I don't give a shit if Katsuki thinks that CI is a scum claim, it was my WIFOM that drew me to take it in the first place.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Mina wrote:Toogeloo, why didn't you wait until D3 to claim Counterintelligence? You might have been able to eat a NK before then. That said, Toog's claim looks townish, both because the execution is townish, and because it's too bold a move for scum after Katsuki's auto-nuke dictate--particularly since Eavesdrop could out them if it doesn't get results one night.

I considered holding the information, but reflected that CI may as well be a Miller equivalent claim in this game given the way Kat eschewed the role for town players. I knew I was going to put it in my top spot when the game began, because I prefer denial over giving myself a PR. I had a similar list in DC2. Claiming it earlier was to show I wasn't worried about claiming it, and to let the Scanners and Eavesdropper know that they can trust their results (so long as they can trust me).

If I'm NKed, then lol@scum for killing more or less a Vanilla role at this point, which still serves it's purpose of protecting American PRs.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Magua wrote:Toog, Counterintelligence was your #1 choice, yes?

yes
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I am willing to slack up a bit on the rope. Just going through some ISOs and I really think someone needs a little more attention than they have been getting.

Unvote;
Vote: SocioPath

His ISO reads of nothing but little quips and posting for banter, and he hasn't made so much as a peep since roles have been dispersed. Getting quite the lurker feel from him, as if he is chill with allowing current suspicions to run their course and not rock the boat. His only real content seems to be either nod in agreement with a few assessments or laugh at the content of others. He has yet to take a stance on anything. At this point, I read that as a scum mentality.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Not a single person has even commented on my opinion of SocioPath since I voted him? Is he not worth people's time, and my opinion mean very little, to at least comment on the case I posted?

His content is still fluffy. There is nothing there, and I imagine we won't see him again with anything remarkable for some time.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Is that a rhetorical question?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Oh... sorry Pooky. I am in the Intelligence Division. I tell you when to push the button, you just need the fine motor cortex to have that push ready when I say.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Gammagooey wrote:@Toog- I really don't see why You think Socio is a better lynch than IS or Pooky. Asplain please?
Socio stuck out to me more when I iso'd him, but from a useless (anti-town or scummy?) factor, they probably could all be interchangable.

If the Socio Wagon is pointless, no sense in pushing a lost cause though.

Unvote
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Toogeloo »

AurorusVox wrote:Toog: Opinions on the RC wagon?

I liked RC before DEFCON 3, I really should go back and see how his wagon started, and why it's raging at this point. I can see a lot of names on the Wagon that I just don't like though.

The lack of effort from RC to combat his wagon, make some defenses, and be more proactive to swing players in a different direction makes me less comfortable with my original read on him however. Maybe he's not around, maybe he has no fire... maybe he's scum and just going down. RC wouldn't have been my first choice for lynching today. I recall RC being pretty decent in DC2, and something seems to be missing here that was in that game.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:The only way this is acceptable is if you feel Vi is a stronger scum read for you than AV is. If so, I would expect a reason for this, as I do not think you have yet specified any real reason why you suspect Vi? If I am wrong, feel free to quote and correct me on this.
And this feels like a rolefish attempt...

We looking at a possible AV, Vi, LLD scumteam? I would not be surprised.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Rolefish attempt? Are you seeing things, Toog?

I was asking for a case on Vi from Swift Justice. They had barely mentioned him before hand, and I simply wanted to know why they were voting someone they hadn't expressed a strong scum read on, over someone who they just called out for "scum posting".

But you worded it so eloquently thus...

Oh, and forgot...

Vote: AVox
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Screaming Death Clan wrote:Sociopath is killing off people who can read him and are threats

We're next

I r sad

what a drama queen... I've seen the song and dance before :roll: .
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Everyone else is just going to ignore it?

Unvote;
Vote: Gorilla

He wants to die so bad, let him. That post reeked of AoE and Martyrdom.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

gorilla wrote:As it turns out, the scum learned their lesson from DEFCON 2 and have basically gone on a near-total communications blackout, making me effectively vanilla town.
I had already gotten that impression given we haven't gotten a single leak yet, though I attributed part of that to the fact that D3 was pretty quick.

Magua thinks I am both town and scum. I still like Magua at the moment, so I won't hold his lack of read on me against him, but it does point to the fact that he has no read at all on me and is likely "probtowning" me for my claim only.

I had no idea Equinox was even playing until his last post, which was completely full of fluff posting. He jumps up the list significantly for attempting to look productive in such a manner. Not really gonna press Gorilla anymore. Seems like noob-play the way he is going about the game at this point, and I recall he doesn't have that much experience, so likely he just doesn't handle pressure well.

Unvote;
Vote: Equinox
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Ah... now I see exactly why I didn't know Equinox was playing... he is part of the SJ Hydra.

Hmm... need to re-evaluate the Hydra as a whole.

Unvote
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I figured the (Equinox) was some weird response thing at first, but I don't pay attention to Hydra make up in that way, as I rarely care about the people behind the Hydra, and just the Hydra name itself. I just always saw you as Swift Justice.

When you posted out of Hydra, I immediately thought you were someone I had no idea was actually playing because I hadn't seen you post. After I had posted that, I went to ISO Equinox and got an interesting surprise, so I looked at the Player List and saw your name on Swift Justice Hydra... at which point it all came together.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Gorilla is reading as very likely frustrated noob town, didn't I already say this. The wagon growing on him is getting out of control.

Where is Reckoner/Fate Hydra at? Don't those two usually have so much to say that they like to just bump threads with their own ego boosts? Far too many passive voices that I am not accustomed to going on up in here.

Vote: SDC
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Toogeloo »

gorilla wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:
AurorusVox wrote:Toog: Opinions on the RC wagon?

I liked RC before DEFCON 3, I really should go back and see how his wagon started, and why it's raging at this point. I can see a lot of names on the Wagon that I just don't like though.

did you ever do this just wondering

Nope. The wagon sucked, and the votes came quick. My first assumption was that the votes came quickly, and scum were on it to be preservationalists about their precious QT leaks, but considering we haven't had a QT leak yet, and Gorilla's claim about them being tight lipped, it's hard to read too far into whether scum would actually rush wagon someone if they weren't going to be day talking much anyways. My gut tells me people just want to get to DEFCON 1 to launch nukes, which is why the RC wagon happened quickly, and now people are trying to just wagon again to end the day.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Screaming Death Clan wrote:you'd see that we were V/LA until yesterday.
You guys go on vacation together? Silly hydra. So you only come in after your name is dropped though, why not earlier?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Screaming Death Clan wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:
Screaming Death Clan wrote:you'd see that we were V/LA until yesterday.
You guys go on vacation together? Silly hydra. So you only come in after your name is dropped though, why not earlier?

How about pulling your head out of your ass and reading the rest of the post that says I've been without a working computer for a couple of days. Originally I had taken the week off of work to go to Goofbash (where Fate was the whole time), then ended up not going, but not being at work still meant I didn't have access to my work computer.

I like how you're trying to throw shit at us for this though when you're clearly wrong.

Clearly I incite an emotional response. Too bad, you can only fling insults at me instead of comment on the game at hand though. If you want insults though, lick me where I pee... how's that?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Where I am going with this is that you DO seem to be following along. I mean, c'mon. You've popped in twice now solely to respond to my trolling of your activity. Clearly this is an indicator that you are at least logging in, reading some amount of the game, and commenting thus.

However, your comments are solely directed at calling me "retarded" and continued insults. I fail to see how in two times you have logged in in less than a page of activity, you haven't made comment on any wagon, the eavesdroper claim, or even a thought on who you would nuke if you could.

I love that when you post you are going on V/LA, I am supposed to assume that means your partner as well, and then when I ask why you just so happen to pop in after I vote you, it has nothing to do with the fact that you haven't read the thread, you just feel the need to come in and defend that your computer isn't working, yet you still post anyways... twice. I fail to understand the issue here. Post some content, or you shouldn't have come in at all. It makes you look worse that you keep popping in, but aren't doing anything but making excuses and insulting me.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Magister Ludi wrote:Lets just cut the crap and nuke down to the following three players: Myself, Mina, and Toastytoast. That should be a win for town.

Does anyone:

a.not have a town read on these players and
b.oppose this plan.

Lets go.

a. yes ... I still haven't figured out where the town read on Mina came from with so few posts, and why it is almost universally accepted. Haven't really gotten much of a town read on you either for that matter.

b. yes ... it involves me dying, and I don't like dying. Plus, see above.

I disagree entirely with Magister's approach to today. He wants a Gorilla lynch, who I am fully reading as town now. Gorilla looks like a very easy mislynch/misnuke target, and it looks opportunistic from Magister's play for pushing in the manner that he is. There doesn't appear to be anything disingenuous about the things Gorilla has posted since his claim. Combine that with Magister's egging on of nukage without launching himself (as he has promised), and using the popular "these people are town, everyone agree" thing, I just don't get a very town motivated feel from his postings.

Vote: Magister
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1238 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Swift Justice wrote:(Equinox)

So Toogeloo hounds Magister Ludi for voting gorilla and not providing a case but doesn't address the player who threw questions at gorilla left and right and is now pondering whether or not he is scum based on his answers to said questions when Toogeloo himself believes gorilla to be an easy lynch/nuke.

Cool.
Not hounding him, it's a disagreement in approach. I don't like the vote, and I don't like the plan. It was enough to warrant my voting him because I find it suspect. Is there any indication to believe that Gorilla is scum? If you read his posts, they aren't scummy, they read very much like town that has become frustrated in play. Gorilla has become a target the Scum will attempt to mislynch/misnuke and the WIFOM of whether he is alive because of any reason will be a basis for that. But if you read the context into how his posts are portrayed, I just don't get that scumvibe in the slightest.

Magister Ludi wrote:Too, who would you choose as three "chosen survivors"? You must have a town read on three people right?

How is gorilla a 'easy mislynch target'? I think I was the first vote on him yesterday, so it is not opportunistic at all. I think his whole body of work indicate scum, not just after some arbitary time you choose.
If we are excluding myself, I would say Magua, Swift Justice, and Gorilla are my three biggest town reads atm. And if you are looking at body of work, then are you focused more on the scummy/anti-town things, or do you not believe any part of Gorilla is townie? Are you trying to get rid of a distraction, or do you really read Gorilla as Scum?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm agreeing with the school of thought that Kats didn't aircraft Sociopath. Leaving only Gamma to possibly do that.

Which means Toog's been working his counter-intelligence.

Nuke: Toogeloo

There are no words.

Somehow we have people thinking I am lying about being Counter Intelligence? If that were true, then there would easily be a counter claim since there is zero town motivation to claim counter intelligence and dick over the scanners and eavesdropper. And since there have been zero counter claims, then I am obviously the Counter Intelligence.

Now since I claimed Counter Intelligence in my first post. I must have done so with the intent to never use it because why would I bring the attention to myself?

So we have Gamma who claims that he has been roleblocking me in the hopes that if I were scum, my team would think it to be safe to communicate openly after I activate said ability. However, if I am roleblocked and scum, my team would know that I was roleblocked, and there would be very little reason to feel safe to post anything. Bad logic on Gamma's part.

What I REALLY don't get is how Gamma claiming to Roleblock me in any way ties him to me as scum buddies, and even if he flips scum automatically makes me scum. Both Socio and LLD make this leap, and I fail to understand how. Katsuki was a Roleblocker as well, but it's completely dismissed that there is zero chance in hell that Kat would roleblock Socio. Apparently Kat is so easy to read and all, especially since everyone had Kat pegged as town :roll: .

LLD, if you don't recall the nuke, like now, then I guess I will have little recourse to commit suicide, because I am not wasting 72 hours of my life beating my head against a wall... the sheer stupidity in the last 3 pages is astounding.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1503 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Panda's deployment:
1. Counter-Intelligence
2. Fail Safe
3. Fallout Shelter
4. Radar
5. Eavesdrop
6. Air Base
7. Battleship
8. Fighter
9. Aircraft Carrier
10. Submarine
11. Silo

I think lines are clearly being drawn in the sand here, and to be honest, I don't know which side of the camp I am on. On one hand, I hadn't had a problem with Gamma prior to today, and I did have problems with both SDC and Socio from previous DEFCON phases. On the other hand, Gamma suiciding and giving people time to re-evaluate nukesand could save a lot of unnecessary death. And betwixt all of this, I still have the worst feeling about Ludi and would much rather see him dead than anyone. LLDs nuke recall seemed almost as bad as the nuking itself and I wouldn't mind seeing her disappear as well.

Certain players have become camouflaged since the launch party, and that worries me a bit. Specifically dana, Pooky, Ludi, Hez, and Regfan all come to mind as people who need to stand out more. Some are seen as town, others as scum. I have a null on most (except Ludi) just because I forget of their existence.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Are we going with scorched earth theory then at this point?

Any WIFOM of alignment should just be craterized? I think you said you had some crazy theory of bussing between gamma and socio, but I'm not sure they would go about that in such a manner in less than a dozen posts, would they? Should MoI be recalling and let gamma drop dead, or since we have a 75% advantage over scum, and them having a single night kill a night, opt for total destruction of all questionables?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1506 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I would much rather keep the field as large as possible for as long as possible, simply because mass nukage is going to cull a lot of town in the process, and which of those town were radiated by opportunistic scum, and which were casualties of bad decisions? Meanwhile, scum continue to only get 1 shot per night, while town's reads get stronger the longer the game goes on.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1742 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

@Magua
-No I haven't used any night actions. I consider myself vanilla to the very extent, and it's funny because I haven't told AGM that I don't intend to use the power, I think he just assume I never will (which I won't).

@Socio
-If I had a nuke, I would probably have taken care of SDC long ago because of the distraction that they are and the apparent charismatic representation they possess. I knew Fate was Scum Day 1 of D2, but he made me start to doubt myself by the end of it, and I won't want that to happen again, especially since no one gave him a second glance til the nukes started flying that game. Sadly, most people are too fond of stroking the reckfate junk to let them die early in most games.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2051 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I think the point of him claiming was the fact that people were demanding a nuke which he couldn't provide. Stack this with the fact that about 90% of the playerbase is now claimed in some fashion, deductible reasoning should start kicking in on the remaining player slot roles.

Honestly, if we have any more nukes today, weeding out questionables is more than fine at this point. We are gonna be at 2 scum dead soon enough with a sizable town advantage. As I like to say, cull the risks at this point. SDC can be nuked if we have an extra, make it a Socio nukeday present or something, and eliminate his WIFOM. ML can get the rope. If SDC flips scum, I'm fine with taking a nuke tomorrow if you guys want to eliminate another WIFOM, and I would almost guess that we should have the game practically in the bag based on the flips over the next phase.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2368 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I wonder if the scum team is just rolling over at this point. Most the people deemed nukeworthy haven't posted relevant material in ages.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2370 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Vi wrote:
Fate 158 wrote:AV is scum again.
Probably

Ooba is town.
Disagree

SpyreX is town.
Agree

Pooky is town.
what

Hinduragi is town.
what no

Master Luigi is town.
Master Luigi is my hydra partner. Magister Ludi is Town

Magua is SCUMZ and for the nuke furnace.
what no

Vi
lolFate

and RC too.
abstain

FOR THE BLOOD GOD, throw Regfan in there too for lying straight up in thread.
Not seeing this but scum for a different reason

InHim is town.
what
eh

Toogeloo is maybe
more or less

Gamma is town.
Yes
ooba has done even less than usual ITT, plus he tried to swing it so that Total War was mathematically better :?
I have no idea what you're reading in Pooky.
Hinduragi reads as straight-up insincere in all of his posts.
Magua is ridiculously Town.
You're just jealous you can't be me.
RedCoyote has made one post but he didn't post last weekend either. Swap him out for Mina.
Regfan is scum for saying "we should organize our claims" and then not a thing to help it.
Recent events put inHim up to maybe Town.

HezLucky, LLD, Moai, and Zhero all need to stand next to a big red X too.
I don't know what Magua is trying to do but his early posts screamed Town so etc.

inHim - Well excuse me for being pragmatic. The first six pages were boring.

Vi wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta 217 wrote:People who need to hang from the highest tree:

(...)
Gamma
wat

Regfan 220 wrote:
Vi wrote:Regfan is scum for saying "we should organize our claims" and then not a thing to help it.
I'm still attempting to fully grasp the benefits and negatives of each role, I don't think that puts me in any position to lead an organisation.
Magister Ludi wrote: Just allocate four players to first pick each of the roles. According to how this 'works', there is probably only one of the four players scum and so town picks up every power role.
There are a few issues with this, mafia will be able to still organise themselves to recieve a decent amount of powers and they'll know which power is within which group of players.
The issue you're pointing out to Ludi doesn't exist (other players can put the various powers at #1 as well) and it's probably too late to be talking about this anyway.
Less talking, more reads.

---

ooba:
Fair enough on Total War being quantitatively better. Without it, Town gets two kills and scum get three kills.

And what does "less than usual" mean? Compared to MetaMafia where I made 5 big posts on D1? This is pre-game and I've commented on the two issues which are important
- Total War vs Non Total War
- Which troops town should aim for
It's analysis. I'd rather have reads than analysis. (Four out of your six reads are bad, btw.)

Spent some time reviewing just Vi in the ISO, and I am starting to wonder if Regfan is scum. He probably could still use a nuke for just being useless WIFOM, but the more I read of just Vi, the worse Ludi looks and somewhat better Regfan looks.

I had to cut the ISO short, but I will do some more insight later tonight.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2377 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Vi claimed that he would have voted Zhero in the first phase if he had a vote. This might also be relevant to ISs alignment. Far too much fluff posting in regards to Ludi from Vi.

@Ludi: You post as if you don't think it's fair that you should get the noose simply because you don't think you've committed any scum tells, like your caught, but can't for the life of you figure out how you got caught. You're the obvious lynch choice due to being unkillable in any other regard. Think of it this way, you made your bed, now sleep in it.

If we have remaining nukes, my preference would be: LLD > SDC = dana > fuckifiknow > everyone else currently. Ludi dies by rope, and tomorrow I guarantee everything probably falls into place after that.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2486 (isolation #39) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Toogeloo »

After further ISO on Vi specifically,

Vi's first list (for reference)

Town: Katsuki, Magister Ludi, HezLucky, Gammagooey
Maybe Town: SpyreX, inHimshallibe, ooba, Magua
Land of Nulldom: ToastyToast, Toogeloo, AurorusVox, Swift Justice, danakillsu
Maybe Scum: Hinduragi, Regfan, MagnaofIllusion, Mina, RedCoyote
Scum: Lady Lambdadelta, Screaming Death Clan, Internet Stranger
In Limbo: PookyTheMagicalBear, SocioPath

-SDC doesn't need a nuke. Interactions between Vi and SDC do not read scum/scum.
-IS could potentially have been an early bus. Vi put very little pressure towards actually trying to rid the game of IS/Zhero, and when the Coyote Wagon started, jumped over easily.

Current Player List:

danakillsu (nuke)
gorilla (eavedrop)
HezLucky (fail safe)
Hinduragi (battleship)
inHimshallibe (nuke)
Internet Stranger Zhero (nuke)
Lady Lambdadelta (nuke)
Magister Ludi (fallout shelter)
Magua (radar)
Mina (nuke)
PookyTheMagicalBear (nuke)
Regfan (nuke)
Screaming Death Clan (Fate & xRECKONERx hydra) (airbase)
ToastyToast (Fighter)
Toogeloo (CI)

Assuming all current Nukes go through, Ludi is lynched, and Hindu dies tonight:

danakillsu (nuke)
gorilla (eavedrop)
HezLucky (fail safe)
inHimshallibe (nuke)
Internet Stranger Zhero (nuke)
Lady Lambdadelta (nuke)
Mina (nuke)
PookyTheMagicalBear (nuke)
Screaming Death Clan (Fate & xRECKONERx hydra) (airbase)
ToastyToast (Fighter)
Toogeloo (CI)

Is anyone opposed to a Gorilla, SDC, and one of Pooky or Mina Final 3 (before lynching)?

Based on this list, nukes can be controlled, and anyone who nukes one of my proposed final 3 may as well claim scum in my opinion. Final 3, if the game is still going, would probably lynch Mina/Pooky as being the least likely to be town of the three imo, as my reads on Gorilla and SDC are pretty much concreted town at this point. I do not want a nuke in the final 3, just in case it's a scum nuke, and they can instant win, but I felt of the nukes remaining, Pooky and Mina are the least likely to be scum.

We still have one nuke in Mina today, but not sure if we really need to use it or not since the only people I would advocate a nuking on atm are all nukes themselves, and we may want more nukes tomorrow to shape the final town.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2487 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Toogeloo »

@Hindu (or anyone else who wants to answer):
What are the odds that Pooky's nuke against Gamma was a bus nuke? I wanted to put him townie enough for Final 3, but after doing a brief ISO on him, I just can't develope more than a null read, even after the nuke was launched.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2489 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I think it's more likely that he would have his scum buddies higher in his list than lower, though I don't discount the fact that he likely has at least one buddy in the Scum areas.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2491 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Ludi, it's hard to look past you when all you is defend why you shouldn't be lynched. You haven't built a case on any other player and keep using the "woe is me" defense. You haven't built any credit in the game to warrant not lynching you, and your role can only be removed by night kill (not going to happen) and lynching. Consider that...

PEDIT: It's hardly suicide since reads can be "wrong." He also put Katsuki in Town section since everyone was clamoring that Kat was town too.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2493 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I felt you were opportunistic early on. Gut reaction mostly. You disappeared, or stayed very mildly active at best, for the majority of the events that happened once nukes started flying, and then came back in once your lynch became the topic of discussion. Your role does nothing but add WIFOM to your alignment, and with very little town cred to your benefit, and process of elimination on my town reads, you stick is quite short.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2513 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Since everyone is willing to sacrifice each other...

IS can nuke Mina, Mina can nuke IS, and Pooky can nuke Hez....
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2515 (isolation #45) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I don't see incentive for scum to take Fail Safe personally. They don't want to be nuked, and trade a one for one for a Silo. If I were to guess, Hez is probably town, but needs to be nuked anyways. I think if you are town, you would be willing to do that, right Pooky?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2518 (isolation #46) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Toogeloo »

You have doubts to his alignment though, don't you? So you'd be willing to trade 1 for 1, right?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2520 (isolation #47) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Pooky, I sense your American Faith has been shaken... I want to hear you say you will Nuke Hez tomorrow.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2525 (isolation #48) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Toogeloo »

But you are willing to make someone else trade 1 for 1... lulz.

So me telling you to trade 1 for 1 and you telling mina to trade 1 for 1 are obviously two very different things.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2528 (isolation #49) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Hardly different, your intent is very much the same. You are checking to see if she is willing to trade 1 for 1, I have been doing the same.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2532 (isolation #50) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Toogeloo »

It's a reaction test to see if you have the backbone to nuke, knowing you would be nuked in return. Alignment had nothing to do with it, I even said I thought Hez is probably town. And if you read, you know I have doubts to your alignment already.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2540 (isolation #51) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Toogeloo »

You do realize I have every intention of asking to be nuked tomorrow, right?

You will notice I didn't include myself in a final 3 scenario. I don't think I need to be in it. I am trying to cull out every WIFOMable scenario where only the obvtown exists, and you aren't one of them Pooky. You don't stand out in the least. Your one thing you did that made me think you town at first was nuking Gamma, however, after rereading, you nuked him after he was obvscum, and you have buddied up to IS the entire game. You have nothing that actually merits being to town to be town. I don't want you in play at the end of the game.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2544 (isolation #52) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Toogeloo »

You choose three people, everyone else dies in radioactive fallout... sounds like win/win to me.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2546 (isolation #53) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Toogeloo »

You haven't scum hunted shit, and to say you have is laughable. You sat back and drank beer with IS while toting american propaganda and nuked an obvscum. Don't overplay your game.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2554 (isolation #54) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Hez is probably going to walk away from this game in all honesty. Very similar to Chesskid from D2. I think Hez, SDC, and Gorilla will make a fine final 3. Everyone else can die in nuclear winter.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2559 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Hardly a manipulation. It wasn't meant to be transparent. Between you and Hez, I don't trust you more. The intent is to get you killed, not Hez.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2561 (isolation #56) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Toogeloo »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so wait you're a fucking framer?

Someone is VERY late to the party.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2567 (isolation #57) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Toogeloo »

You do realize I was the first person claimed in the game, and did so in my first post of Defcon 3. Hardly any spam at that stage of the game, in fact, that is where I imagine most people would be paying attention. I can understand skipping through the Youtube vids and party chat.

PEDIT:
From what I gather, you want Mina dead for the same reasons I want you dead. You think she has skated by on obvtown laurels. I got a similar suspicion of you, so when you threaten her with the same logic I feel could be applied to you, I felt the need to state it.

The more people that get nuked, the more likely we wrap up the game. Leaving only obvtown players at the end (since we have several), makes nuke choices easier. My play in every game is always the same. When you have the game at managable town/scum ratio, you cull all risks first. If SDC, Gorilla, and Hez are all alive at the end of the game with the ability to lynch, and the game isn't over yet, then it falls to them to logically deduce the last scum, but to be honest, I don't think it will come to that. I think the last scum will be eliminated in the fall out.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2569 (isolation #58) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Toogeloo »

So this isn't really a game of mafia to you, this is just a "I got unlimited Dayvig Powers and want to shoot someone" game?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2571 (isolation #59) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I don't think we will reach a Final 3 tomorrow. In all likelihood, we will get it down to 5 players before a lynch.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2690 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I am curious where the town read on InHim is from Hindu. I actually haven't even thought of InHim this game, he's been a bit of an afterthought. Just curious where the conclusion of towniness came from.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2709 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

13 players, 2 scum, 11 town.

Let the culling begin in my opinion. Any player who is WIFOMable as possibly scum should probably be removed from the game via nuke/lynch. We have such a huge player advantage, there should be no reason we fail at finishing this off.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2711 (isolation #62) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Also, to add...

Unless scum got massively hosed in the Deployment phase, I would guess at least one more remaining scum has a Troop choice. Though, I think we also discussed via the leaks they may have proposed a plan to remove as many town as possible using nukes.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2737 (isolation #63) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Hinduragi wrote:I want to know what inHim's done that was scummy, though. Maybe I'm not seeing it?

I asked you how you got your town read on him, because I trust your reads to an extent. InHim never stood out to me as obvtown, but you mentioned him as such, so Iwas hoping you could share your basis for it, since I missed it.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2741 (isolation #64) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Just a quick skim of InHim's ISO is 2 votes for town, no votes for scum, calling gamma town, and nuking an American...

...just throwing that out there.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2744 (isolation #65) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Hinduragi wrote:I usually don't put bad reads against a player. It's something to look at, I guess, but why is he scum? Town with bad reads vs. Scum. What's the difference that makes him stick out?

I'm not calling him scum either. I have no read on him at all, which is why I was hoping you could shed light on it. Flying under the radar at this stage of the game is bad, so I was being wary.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2898 (isolation #66) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Doubts mean nothing at this point. In fact, we should be clearing all doubt by just removing it from the game all together.

Ludi goes today, Toast gets nuked/lynched tomorrow.

Don't protect me tonight if you were planning on it Hindu. I want the option for me to be nuked available to any doubters out there, but with LLD trying to nuke me earlier today, if she flips scum, I am fairly certain my alignment will no longer be in question.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2900 (isolation #67) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Toogeloo wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:The only way this is acceptable is if you feel Vi is a stronger scum read for you than AV is. If so, I would expect a reason for this, as I do not think you have yet specified any real reason why you suspect Vi? If I am wrong, feel free to quote and correct me on this.
And this feels like a rolefish attempt...

We looking at a possible AV, Vi, LLD scumteam? I would not be surprised.

By the way...

I was right.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2901 (isolation #68) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Well...not about AV, but about the rolefish.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2961 (isolation #69) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Unvote;
Vote: Toasty

I'm fine with this.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2963 (isolation #70) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

My guess is that I am the night kill for tonight in some desperate attempt to wifom Hindu being alive tomorrow.

Unvote

Willing to wait.

Would be nicer if LLD would just suicide though.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3006 (isolation #71) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I honestly have no clue why Toasty would even insinuate himself as a possible scum buddy to Regfan. Was that just a brain fart? No town would ever put themselves in that position, but maybe scum might just be stupid enough to do so.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3079 (isolation #72) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

dana has been a complete non-factor the entire game, even admitting he wasn't paying attention to it.

I honestly don't care which of dana, ludi, toasty gets rope today. If we are wrong the other 2 die tomorrow anyways. I think the smart play is to lynch Ludi so that we don't have to worry about lynching him tomorrow and can just nuke the remaining suspicions.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3758 (isolation #73) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I believe I did not violate rule 14 as I did not write out a launch command as per rule 14' s example or the game rules. Thanks for the game.

The rule violation is more about your intent to deceive rather than actually posting verbatim the rule's example.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”