Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:41 pm

Post by Thok »

random vote Otaku376
in order to find out what happened to the other 375 Otaku.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:04 am

Post by Thok »

Looking over the wiki entries for Firefly (there are entries for each episode!), it seems like possible scum groups are the Blue Hand operatives, the Alliance, and the Reavers.

Book was a Sheperd=preacher in the show, but it's also repeatedly suggested that he was a former operative with the Alliance who got fed up with working for them. I could see him being coppish (using his skills as an operative to investigate people).

No vote change for now.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:28 pm

Post by Thok »

Iammars wrote:
[s]armlx[/s]Iammars wrote:<--- Sits back and watches speculation as he has no clue about the show having never seen it or the movie.
Has never seen the show or the movie, but points out that Wikipedia has articles for the show, including reasonably in-depth articles for each of the 13 episodes.

Alternative punchline: I'm not a Firefly expert, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:55 am

Post by Thok »

unvote otaku376, vote Nanook
just to stir the pot a little.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #97 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:11 pm

Post by Thok »

I'd second a Nanook replacement. I'm almost tempted to suggest mass-prods or a deadline just to get people moving.

EmpTyger-given that Nanook isn't posting, why don't you explain why you wanted everybody to claim whether they had seen the show before?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:10 pm

Post by Thok »

Feh,
unvote Nanook
, assuming he continues to contribute to the game (and I haven't been much better either for the last week in this game).

vote Oatku376
mainly because I'm surprised he's not participating more, given that he admits to being a big fan of the show.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #123 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:15 pm

Post by Thok »

EmpTyger wrote:By the way, why would you [“be tempted to”] suggest a deadline in [97]? Because a deadline certainly would not help the town.
I'd want a retractible deadline obviously, but we need to get more people participating in the game.

As for the speculation, remember that not every role has the same information as you do, and that different people may reasons to suspect different factions.

Incidentally, for now my speculation on specific roles and game mechanics should be considered fairly sketchy; I have not yet read all of the episode pages on wiki.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:11 am

Post by Thok »

This day needs to end. Sorry, but
vote Nanook
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #148 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:12 am

Post by Thok »

By which I mean,
unvote Otaku376, vote Nanook
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #166 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:43 pm

Post by Thok »

I thought Nanook was just being metaphorical and that he was saying that he wasn't expecting to survive the day. Hopefully that means he's scum.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #174 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:18 am

Post by Thok »

vote tss
for feeling the need to distance himself from Nanook early on. However, I'm not particularly attached to this vote.

I also agree that an
FOS D8P
is in order.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #187 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:12 pm

Post by Thok »

EmpTyger wrote:
Thok [174] wrote:<quote>I also agree that an
FOS D8P
is in order.
Freudian slip? Because armlx was suspecting “D_P” = Dragon Phoenix.
No, just me misreading armlx's comment-I actually don't find D_P particularly suspicious and find D8P somewhat suspicious.

As for your other comment-that's me not doing enough research; I didn't realize that there were any particularly significant criminal orginizations.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #197 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:26 pm

Post by Thok »

EmpTyger wrote:Thok:
Well then, replacing D_P with d8P, this is what you thought you read:
armlx [171] [u]edited[/u] wrote:<snip>Looking back at Vis_Maiors posts, I find his interaction with
D_P
d8P
the most interesting thing.....
So, what about his interaction were you thinking interesting?
You're assuming my reasons for giving D8P an FOS are because of some interaction with VisMaior, when in fact they are actually the reasons you articulated at the top of the thread. (It's also suspicious that he thinks there's only one Niska goon left also, unless there is some extremely obvious show related reason to think so that somebody wants to mention).
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #220 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:09 pm

Post by Thok »

Fritzler, I don't see deathsquiggle doing anything yesterday that I didn't do (in terms of voting). So I'm going to ignore your FOS unless you have a better reason to vote deathsquiggle.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #225 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:13 pm

Post by Thok »

BabyJesus wrote:running around willynilly is a scum tell.

unvote, vote deathsquiggle
Hello Pot, can I introduce you to my friend Kettle?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #232 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:00 am

Post by Thok »

EmpTyger wrote:Fuldu, Yosarian, and I have voted Iammars.
Thok has FOSed him.
Bold for emphasis. I haven't made any comment towards Iammars today.

unvote tss, vote EmpTyger
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #237 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:59 pm

Post by Thok »

I'll
unvote EmpTyger
for the moment.

I think Iammars is being stupid by making vague comments about his role, but that doesn't make him scummy. There's no need to press him for a full role claim right now.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #266 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:20 pm

Post by Thok »

EmpTyger, I haven't been posting much in this game because, frankly it's been slow. Also, none of the popular bandwagons seem that interesting to me.

Also, how are the comments Iammars made about his role all that different from the comments you made about your role day 1? (I'm thinking about the "I'm seriously considering a full roleclaim" comment you made).
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #271 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:18 pm

Post by Thok »

the silent speaker wrote:
Iammars, post subject 189, wrote:I agree that Nanook was just a random bandwagon whose fate was sealed by refusing to claim. No suspicion on the on [o]r off voters in that case.
Nothing is ever a guarantee, but
no
suspicion? You think it's a completely ignorable datum? Because I don't and I'm one of those off voters.
OK, that's actually a good reason to pressure Iammars.

unvote (if voting), vote Iammars
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #279 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:25 am

Post by Thok »

d8P wrote:I stand by my prediction - I don't think there can be any two-person mafia group left. Unless BJ is setting up a role claim for himself for later, I think it's safe to leave Iammars alone. They're not working together.
Huh? Why couldn't there be two or more Niska remaining? Unless you are a Niska goon, that seems like a silly comment to make.

unvote Iammars, vote D8P
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #294 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:49 am

Post by Thok »

unvote
since that a ridiculously easy role to confirm and it essentially has to be in the game.

D8P-does your role specifically say that the kidnapper is in a different group from the Blue Sin group? The front page suggests that the Blue Sun mafia group=2 hands of blue + Jubal Early. It would fit the theme if the Blue Sun group didn't have a god-father, and Jubal was given bonus powers to compensate.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #311 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:42 am

Post by Thok »

Agree with ^

There is possibly a thematic arguement for having a doctor protect d8P tonight (Blue Sun sucessfully targetting River is possibly not a good thing). I'm not going to press this arguement, however and it's moot if we manage to catch the last hand of Blue today.

I sort of want to vote one of the deathsquiggle voters, and looking over the thread there are lots of other reasons to be suspicious of armlx (not on the Nanook bandwagon until the very end, misleading comment about Nanook's votes, just tried to direct cops and wanted to lynch a claimed mason), so
vote armlx
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #312 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:43 am

Post by Thok »

Edit by way of post: I agree with DP, not armlx, obviously.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #333 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by Thok »

So, is nobody worried about the possibility of scum being given safe names to claim?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #339 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:29 am

Post by Thok »

I guess my worry is that I'm suspicious of how armlx handled his role claim, and I already had reasons to vote him before his claim. Now granted, armlx has a ridiculous ability to make me suspicious of him but I just find his handling of the situation weird.

That said, Fuldu has a somewhat valid point about Nanook not faking a claim. So I'll
unvote armlx

Any thoughts on where to go from here?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #368 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Thok »

Bah. Unfortunately Iammars isn't likely to post with his midterm issues. However,
vote Iammars
. I sort of feel we've already had too many claims today, and I'd be half tempted to let Iammars be lynched without a claim. (The previous statement may sound scummy, but I want this day to end, and I'd be just as happy to let you guys lynch me without a claim if the winds flow that way.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #372 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:37 pm

Post by Thok »

EmpTyger wrote:I was reluctant to mention this earlier, but with armlx and me claimed it is no longer a problem. Please explain how this isn’t an attempt by you to coordinate the mafias’ nightkills. And please do so tomorrow, so that you don’t think you have an excuse to try to recoordinate based on these latest revelations.
I could safely give the explanation now if necessary. But I will wait until tomorrow at your request.

As for my feeling about Iammars, they are currently strengthened by knowing his role in DP13. Iammars has developed an extremely annoying habit of always trying to fake some sort of restriction (usually posting) when scum-the best way to deal with this is to just lynch him/nightkill him whenever he hints at having such a restriction until he stops doing it.

[private reference to EmpTyger]I feel vaguely obliged to mention that we are now both confirmed pro-town by death in Civ. Mafia.[/private reference to EmpTyger]
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #382 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:27 am

Post by Thok »

And yet again, PeaceBringer justifies his title.

(EmpTyger investigated Otaku, and claims he's innocent).
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #394 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:10 am

Post by Thok »

Iammars wrote:I was a cop, the captain in fact. DP is innocent. Something happened to my Nanook choice N1.
Name please? Given that you are not a fan of the show, I specifically want you to name the captain.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #395 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:11 am

Post by Thok »

And of course, D8P makes a post that makes the above post irrelevant.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #402 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 am

Post by Thok »

Bump.

Got any info for us EmpTyger?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #410 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:56 pm

Post by Thok »

…I’d like that lingering question about coordination addressed now.
I was worried that there would be thematic consequences if the Blue Sun were to target River, given that their goal on the show was to capture her. Apparently I was wrong. I'll admit the double mason kill doesn't make me look good. I'm a touch surprised you didn't investigate me last night.

I'll point out that given my very early Nanook vote, I'm not likely to be Blue Sun, and it's somewhat better for us to kill Blue Sun than Niska today (since that would probably cut down the number of night kills).

[private message to EmpTyger]]I've only mentioned info that is publicly known[/private message]
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #414 (isolation #32) » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:01 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm not either type of scum, but I'll repeat what I said yesterday; I'm willing to let you guys lynch me without a claim, since I have a fairly weak role that's basically unconfirmable.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #418 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:58 am

Post by Thok »

Look, I've basically volunteered to be today's lynch. Saying that I have a weak role is basically my way of saying its fine, go ahead and lynch me.

Do people really want me to name claim or role claim? I can guarantee it will be of little use, but if say, 2/3 of the town (say 8 people) want me to do so, I will.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #425 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:40 am

Post by Thok »

Fine, I'll claim.

I am Tracey, a former soldier with Mal and Zoe back in the day. I am a vanilla townie.

Look, it's a minor character that could be seen as vaguely antiFirefly and has a weak role.

I'll let those who are experienced with the show and know the one episode where my character appears point out why I might not immediately expect the Niska to be scum, or why I might be worried about the Alliance.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #436 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:29 pm

Post by Thok »

the silent speaker wrote:
Yosarian could have been lying?
There are stupider lies, but not many. This was unforced, probably confirmable, and relies on PB cooperating. I feel fairly sure he's telling the truth; as such I also see no gain in making him tell us what else he's done with his time unless he decides there's gain to the town in hearing it.
Thok, you are one vote away.
If there's anything you want to say, now's the time. I especially encourage you to tell us who you most suspect and why.
??? TSS- either you believe my claim of Tracey and shouldn't be voting me, or you don't believe my claim and shouldn't be willing to believe any speculations I put out today. Given your inconsistent behavior towards me, I'd guess that you are Niska.

I'll
vote TSS
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #530 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:29 am

Post by Thok »

Why oh why didn’t you try to defend yourself Day 3? I was looking for *anything* to delay the day, but you gave me no reason to back off, to the point where I figured you might indeed be the last BlueSun and Fuldu was right about the risk. (Incidentally, your asides to me seemed like you were trying to manipulate me- you seemed to be implying that we were both innocent, and I couldn’t see why you would conclude that of me.)
Honestly, at that point I figured I was the roughly the fourth best lynch; I wasn't as good a lynch as anybody who was scum but I didn't want to be around in a lynch or lose situation to mess people up.

And it's not like there was anything I could actually do to defend myself.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”