Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1428 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Vi »

LynchMePls wrote:
Saint wrote:I skipped ahead just for you, and I'm willing to buy some temporary leave due to other games, but from December 22 all the way to January 6 (two weeks)? And you were literally incapable of posting anything convincing until then?
There was a couple of little holidays that fell in here, you might have heard of them. They're called Christmas and New Years. Some of us weren't available for mafia during that time.

For instance, you point out that "Only shows up around Page 20", as though there is a scummy reason for this, when the simple truth is that I was V/LA over that time, and had announced it clearly to the mod and in the thread.
And you'll notice that's not the excuse IAI gave, but thanks for stepping up to bat for him.
Cut.

"Only shows up around Page 20" more referred to a lack of content to go on up to that point.
Now that I have more, rest assured I don't think differently.

I Am Innocent wrote:My gut tells me
people
would love to have Saint (or should I say Vi) out of this game.
That's not the word I saw before. I'm sorry v.v
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1592 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Vi »

I Am Innocent wrote:
[etc.]
Guess what, the Doctor role is now completely useless as DBE and Parama, the two holders of it are both dead, and the power is now gone from the game. If that is not scum motivation, then I don't know what is!
You missed a little. You showed that there would most certainly be scum motivation for TMH to act as he did. I don't think he was motivated by being scum, because bluntly for him to be scum he would have to be more cunning than I would give him credit for, not to mention abjectly shameless.

With that said, I didn't understand your contradiction the first time I looked at it so I went back--
implosion 67 wrote:Hm... a thought occurs. Could we perhaps use bad abilities (like the treestump) to test possible mafia partners? Mafia can't pass to mafia of the same faction. So if suspicion arises that X and Y are mafia together, we could test the theory by passing the treestump to X and telling them to pass it to Y. If random person Z gets the treestump ability, then X and Y are mafia together (or Z is lying, which in the treestump's case, can be tested by having them vote someone). Notes: fails epically if mafia happen to have a bus driving ability.

Acutually, come to think of it, if there is an ability that affects the way abilities are passed (i.e. bus driving) it could be bad early and late on, and something like that is decently likely to be present considering how well it would fit with the mechanic.
Prophetic enough, but I have a Town read on implosion, so anyway.

tmh directly acknowledges this in his 125.

The contradiction takes on an interesting flavor when you see it in context:
tmh 230 wrote:
implosion wrote:
themanhimself wrote:In fact, why don't we vote on who it should go to tomorrow and then if it doesn't go to that person then we have a good scumlink, if it does go to that person then we have it in the hands of someone that most people don't believe is scum.
Good idea, especially when the scum kill that person and the dayvig winds up in the void.
This is actually your strategy from post #67, I just applied it to the dayvig role. It's a lot less reckless than pushing a scum to use his killing ability. Besides, this way it almost certainly ends up in town hands tomorrow. If diddin is scum as a lot of people believe then he can't pass it to a scumbuddy so it has to go to town. If diddin is town then it ends up in the hands of someone the town largely believes to be innocent.
I think at this point I should stop talking and let the man himself answer this one.
1) What were you trying to do with this?
2) Why didn't you claim your ability during any of this?

----

IAI wrote:1) If TMH survives to D3, and assuming the day vig makes it to D3, should TMH be killed D3 (either voluntarily by holding the virus, or forced through the day vig)?

2) If TMH survives D2, should CKD pass the tree stump to TMH N2?
1) I would rather kill scum, so theoretically no. In practice, my voice will probably be overruled and I really wouldn't want to have anything to do with the Virus and dayvig anyway, so I honestly don't care.
2) The tree stump should only be passed to whoever will get daykilled D3. If you're going to kill TMH anyway, you may as well give him the stump.

-----

quadz - Absolutely. You said you had a scum read on Saint since before I posted. Yet you've acknowledged almost nothing of what I've said, even after I pretty much directly called you out for being scum multiple times. I'm led to believe you either haven't read it all, already had your mind made up about this slot with artificial tunnel vision, or both.

So pops - LMP might be scum, but I'm willing to bet much more that quadz is scum. YOU join ME.
Furcolow - RedCoyote can be next.

Unvote: RedCoyote
Vote: quadz08 (L-7)

q21 - The chance of you lynching me Today without pulling your entire scum team with you is nil. You may as well not bother.

-----

themanhimself
- There are two questions up there for you. Answer them.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2375 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Vi »

popsofctown wrote:Has that neighbor QT become public?

I would certainly agree that DGBtown is more aggressive than DGBscum. I've played with both DGB alignments.

Goofball wrote:I'm going to go after a single scummy player, and so should you, and it should be the same one, and that player we're after should be the one to die.

Why? We don't want to threaten anyone that will make it to night, and kill us to shut us up.
Goofball wrote:OH yes, and don't jump on the first wagon. I won't. The first wagon is almost never the lynch. We should concentrate our efforts on the second wagon of the day, and seriously narrow down our suspicions.

If anyone else seems scummy, we can defend them weakly if possible, we don't want to irritate the scum.
Goofball wrote:Then try to diffuse some of your suspicions, keeping in mind that scumbags are real touchy when their names are brought up.

We should go all in on wagon #2, whoever the victim is. We have to make a good case, though, sorta in the middle of the wagon, each of us with different arguments.
G00fball wrote:I fyou see yesterday, I totally tunneled on a single player. I do that as town when I think a player is scum, but here my reason was that whoever I'd been making nervous all day long, had to die, because if he didn't, I'd be dead the next morning.
Vi wrote:...I need to be scum more often. The longer this goes on, the more I realize I actually have no idea how to play this game.

I think I understand where this is going. Theoretically, the Mafia have no reason to kill us if we tunnel on Townies... and if we tunnel on Mafia, at least we won't be the ones that started the wagon, so there should be someone less suspicious than us to NK... right?
Dropping hammers where possible is not explicitly mentioned here, although it's a strategy that leads from the above. Shamelessly jumping on the wagons where you can least be held accountable is an idea I had much earlier from Porkens' play in this game.

Goofball's rebuttal is a technicality at best.

I really don't like spilling others' personal strategies like this, but she asked for it.

---

IAI wrote:Pops, I have been consistent, I think we have a scum team of around 5 players, and an SK/Hero which is DGB.
You didn't read where the mod just rebutted the Hero idea, right?
And you do realize that with 12 players alive, we don't necessarily need to attempt to lynch groupscum if we're guaranteed to hit an SK?

If by D5 there is evidence that this is a multifaction game - and there are a couple of ways this can happen - you're going to be the next lynch unless Goofball is still alive.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2389 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:55 am

Post by Vi »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:
Golfball wrote:SK witch-hunts are always scum-driven, they have to coordinate during the day because they can't NK a SK. Every other threat, they can sit back and NK. They have to gang up on SKs.
Friendly reminder: If q21 is Mafia, it's impossible for Saint to be Mafia.
Is that true? Can you explain? I'd love to see you confirmed town after a Q21 scumflip.
Saint passed to q21 N1.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2405 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:10 am

Post by Vi »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Not to mention how you'd be leaving Q21-tree-stump and CKD treestump-fail alive.

This move might cost the town the game.
Indeed we would be leaving q21 and ckd alive... for one Day.

Goofball wrote:Are you afraid that I might NK Q21, and Q21 may be town, and failing to confirm you? Are you worried about this?

CKD is total obv scum. You think there's any chance he's town?

You saying I'm misrepping you is a little rich, after you lied about things I didn't say in some old QT. Get a grip, if you're town.

I'm town, and none of these scenarios you are fearmongering are going to happen.
EPIC FLAIL

If IAI doesn't call Goofball out on any of this I will... not be surprised at all, actually. :?

LMP wrote:Time's up, lets do this, LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JENKINS!

Unvote
Vote: ckd
IAI+GOOFBALL+LMP
-versus-
TMH+REDCOYOTE+???

THE EPIC BATTLE RAGES ON
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2830 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Vi »

WrathChild wrote:I figured Roleblocking any of the non-confirmed town would provide us with equal benefit,
I know I skim threads like crazy and I still saw why you were told to Block Bunny in particular.

implosion wrote:Also, WC, LMP is incredibly protown lol... not sure why you aren't seeing that.
I can't say I agree, but etc.

LMP is only NOT confirmed if WrathChild is scum of some kind, which I wouldn't bank on.

Poisoner is likely not in the question.

Non-confirmed VTs claiming would be a decent idea because if the scum want to kill nonconfirmeds would be a wonderful thing.

nhammen wrote:This is as much policy as TMH and CKD were. Their night actions implicated them as much as the night actions implicate Wrath.
This is correct.

I think our next two lynches at this point are more or less set, namely Coug and WrathChild (in that order). I'm concerned with the change in kill flavor (or extra kill flavor?) that we're dealing with an as-yet-unknown element, which is part of why I entertained the possibility of someone aligned with the Asxtori earlier. It doesn't make sense for the Daevori to have individual kill flavors.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2845 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Vi »

I can't post with Saint right now :dealwithit:

While there are a few possibilities for the new kill flavor - last-Daevori-ultrakill doesn't rank high among the ones I would consider possible - our plan is still the same, to lynch scum and see what happens. Coug > WrathChild > LynchMePls. Bunnylover is not implausible as scum, since he's going under the radar about as much as Coug right now, but I'm not willing to bet so much on it as of this moment.

There is a very good/easy way to allay suspicions of multiple Daevori remaining; namely for the unconfirmeds to pass nonessential abilities to each other. LMP passing to WrathChild or vice versa would be wonderful.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2881 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Vi »

I Am Innocent wrote:And sorry Pops for not believing you the whole game, try not to be so scummy in the future, okay? :P
That might be too much to ask :P

Even when I was on track in this game, IAI made my presence obsolete. As it is, probably the only good thing I did for this game was prevent Saint from getting lynched before D3.

Apologies to all; I'll do myself a favor and not read the dead thread. At least I got a Flareon av out of this.

Also, kunk never did answer my questions about the source of this game's flavor.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2882 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Vi »

Oh right, before I forget.

This was a good mechanic, kunk. I'd play again.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2893 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Vi »

popsofctown wrote:Maybe break scum up into two groups and they don't know all their partners?
How would that affect scum not being able to pass to their partners?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2917 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Vi »

I did something similar with passing Monitor to LMP. As a
persona non grata
, I deliberately passed abilities to (evident) scum, so as to maximize the possibility I could be cleared by someone else's flip. The fact that the Town was holding people responsible for who they passed to helped this a lot, in case I actually DID pass something useful to scum.

So naturally it was the pass I didn't have anything to do with that wound up clearing Saint, but... well, I already said this was a hideous game for me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”