mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:11 am

Post by mothrax »

Hi guys. Will begin reading now. Fair warning, I suck at catch-ups.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 am

Post by mothrax »

Oh dear. you can tell I'm scum from one post with no content? How do you do it? Where did you get your psychic abilities from?

(note to self (page 11))
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by mothrax »

Sorry guys, it is taking me longer to get around to my reread than I thought. I am on page 11 now and am sitting down with 2 litres of Mtn DEW and my iPod. Expect content in roughly 1.34 hours, possibly sooner.

<3
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by mothrax »

Taking a break, but here are a few things that have stood out so far.

- Why the hell is PI/PI's Replacement still alive? Scumsliped on like page three... "I wouldn't mind being investigated" just reeks of a godfather or investi-immune scum bragging.

Other people I dislike so far (as of page 19)

-His comments on the ThAd wagon early are rediculous. he vocally supports it though he isn't really sure why. This reeks of someone who is paving his way onto a possible misslynch. "I support it and may vote later, but why is he scum?"
In his 318 He says lowell should flip before GW. Lowell flip at this point will give us no info what so ever. If you are looking for an associative tell, why seek one from lowell, who hasn't really pushed or pulled any players. How would Lowell give us insight into GW.
his 356: discredits llama's argument against him. His response to the post is flimsy and made up of mostly "lolwhatever"s.

I don't like the fact that there was a lot of verbal support for this wagon but little to no voting done. I would like to see gonnano flip above any of the top lynch candidates at this point but in the interest of deadlines (though I think we still have a week or so?) I am going to be voting PI/Amrun unless there is something in the next 8 pages to convince me otherwise.

Also: @my wagoners: What part of lurking the way jmj was reads as scum? Shit happens irl, people have to put mafiascum aside for a while and tend to that. Read Nobody Special's Large Normal (121?) for an example (I have done the same) (yes my slot flipped scum, but I did the same in all of my games I was playing at the time, and that was the one I remembered off the top of my head)

In otherwords: If someone is voting jmj (me) for some reason other than OMG lurking, cool, what-evs, but if not, get off your high horse, cause I'm here, I'm active, Get used to it.

Anyone got any suggestions of particulars to pay attention to when I get back to reading after my cigbreak?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by mothrax »

ugh, I just realized how tired that reread made me... even dew isn't enough... bed now, but I have time tomorrow afternoon. I plan on finishing then and being back to the mothrax that some (like 4) of you know and love.

if I don't, may I be lynched.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:18 am

Post by mothrax »

Ok, so I am caught up now. (though tbh I skimmed the last few pages)

I keep seeing people state that Amrun's recent play gives of town vibes... I don't get it.

His first post this game was full of noncomittal null-reads, fence sitting and then keeping the options open for jumping on wagons ("scummy untill proven innocent")
Yeah, he explained these things but explanations =/=belief.

And then comes his claim...
lolfail...

Two issues:
1: why claim now? Your reasons don't make sense at all...
2: the role (icluding the name) don't make sense as town at all... especially with the example wincon
3: (I lied there are three, so sue me) the backpeddling is lulzy. I can litteraly see your thought process... "This guy is going to be scummy, but he is town I promise" ~Oh shit they aren't buying it... "O EM GEE I meant McCarthy... "~maybe now they will buy it?

Guess what, not buying it.

Vote Amrun

p-edit: DP, McCarthy was far from Pro-Peace. McCarthyism relates to the communist witch hunt and red scare of the 1950s where he sent the U.S. into panic mode. For serious, he is a huge reason that Reagan gained political popularity (he was a known McCarthyist and the republicans wanted a VP who would get the conservative vote)
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:43 am

Post by mothrax »

@DP what voice did I really have? I'm not joining my wagon, and I'm not sold on the ThAd wagon. My vote anywhere else is uselss. I would support a gonnano wagon happily at this point, but with less than a week to deadline it would be stupid to deviate from the three wagons we have.

Also, general Douglas macArthur was a proponent of peace during vietnam (he was an advisor to both Kennedy and Johnson) but you are right, he was fairly uninvolved and out of the public eye for the majority of the cold war. (he supported the nuclear threat inKorea in the 50's but then jumped to support Taft in the 54 primary, who was a peacefullish candidate)

P.s. I have a degree in Political Science with an emphasis on foreign relations, and tool several classes pertaining to this time period. :)
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 am

Post by mothrax »

How am I waffling? That would imply I had doubts about you being scum and was carving a way off your wagon? I am a staunch supporter of your lynch actually.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:06 am

Post by mothrax »

mothrax wrote:Taking a break, but here are a few things that have stood out so far.

- Why the hell is PI/PI's Replacement still alive? Scumsliped on like page three... "I wouldn't mind being investigated" just reeks of a godfather or investi-immune scum bragging.

Other people I dislike so far (as of page 19)

-His comments on the ThAd wagon early are rediculous. he vocally supports it though he isn't really sure why. This reeks of someone who is paving his way onto a possible misslynch. "I support it and may vote later, but why is he scum?"
In his 318 He says lowell should flip before GW. Lowell flip at this point will give us no info what so ever. If you are looking for an associative tell, why seek one from lowell, who hasn't really pushed or pulled any players. How would Lowell give us insight into GW.
his 356: discredits llama's argument against him. His response to the post is flimsy and made up of mostly "lolwhatever"s.

I don't like the fact that there was a lot of verbal support for this wagon but little to no voting done. I would like to see gonnano flip above any of the top lynch candidates at this point but in the interest of deadlines (though I think we still have a week or so?)
I am going to be voting PI/Amrun unless there is something in the next 8 pages to convince me otherwise.

Also: @my wagoners: What part of lurking the way jmj was reads as scum? Shit happens irl, people have to put mafiascum aside for a while and tend to that. Read Nobody Special's Large Normal (121?) for an example (I have done the same) (yes my slot flipped scum, but I did the same in all of my games I was playing at the time, and that was the one I remembered off the top of my head)

In otherwords: If someone is voting jmj (me) for some reason other than OMG lurking, cool, what-evs, but if not, get off your high horse, cause I'm here, I'm active, Get used to it.

Anyone got any suggestions of particulars to pay attention to when I get back to reading after my cigbreak?

I guess you missed these then? (here is a hint, this was before your claim)
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:48 am

Post by mothrax »

I did consider your claim, read the end of my second catch-up. Considering it does not make it believable automagically. You claimed an anti-town role, with a warmongering flavorname. What reason do I have to make me believe your claim makes you look town.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:02 am

Post by mothrax »

@LMP: look at my claim on D2 in Mafia on Holy Orders, look at several of the claims in Reckamonics Ocarina of Time Mafia.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by mothrax »

The problem with "I would have made up another name" is this. We are in a Large game, about a relatively obscure subject. How many people do you know off the top of your head? Most of the publicly known people are bound to be in the set-up which means there is little room to slip up in a claim.

I believe you are indeed McCarthy, and the ability makes sense with the flavor, but the role is scummy. Even before your claim you were scummy, and I still believe that point, post claim.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:47 am

Post by mothrax »

Responding to a prod, gimme a few hours to get through school.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:52 am

Post by mothrax »

Feysal wrote:At this point I'd actually favor another lynch. I checked mothrax's activity, and noticed that he has been posting in another game this week, but not here. He even signed up for another game, so having time does not seem to be the issue with his activity. I know we're running out of time, and I have no real arguments to defend Bunnylover with, but I can't shake the feeling that this lynch is wrong.

Vote: mothrax
It is called priorities. The game I posted in was my newbie game in which I am the IC and my modded game. I did sign up because I always check the queu as soon as I log in (plus I did that from my phone)

That said I have been reading along, just not posting.
Bunny is not the lynch for today. This is the most schizoid game I have ever seen. So many wagons have come and gone that it is redic.
I amend the above to "Bunny is not the correct lynch for today."
I am sad I missed the gonanno wagon but I will not be voting for Bunny.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:49 am

Post by mothrax »

<3 Sotty for vague answers.
Furc, you slipped and I'm even more convinced of it now that you are backpedaling so poorly.

Amrun has notentirely escaped my attention either. It's too convenient that she was roleblocked.

Inb4omgyou didn'tvote
I be on mah phone!
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 am

Post by mothrax »

Then the liar shouldnt have reniged on his lie.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by mothrax »

L/A due to computer issues. I will be able to follow along on my phone, but no large posts or anything
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by mothrax »

Thad, ghostwriter was replaced by hokum who is now dead.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by mothrax »

Nacho, your basic case against me is for lurking. It's funny cause it's hypocritical.

I still don't have a computer. Hopefully tomorrow I will be back to full strength mothrax.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by mothrax »

I never promised content and didn't deliver. I have been upfront and frank about my computer issues. I just got a call today saying that my comp is fixed so I get it back tomorrow.

Jmj is another story, but it has been shown that that was sitewide beavior, therefore not really a scumtell and a nulltell at best.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:57 am

Post by mothrax »

Prodded. Will catch up when I get off work. (I finally got my comp back)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”