FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

VOTE: Scope

For having the best avatar ever. Jealousy is a great motivator.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

gandalf5166 wrote:Survivor is the BEST role! It's all the fun of being an SK, without the extreme likelihood of losing!
Really? I thought Survivors tended to get screwed over IIRC.

I must need to check my brain ...
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Espeonage wrote: VOTE: Rule 1

I encourage everyone else to do the same as doing such can break the game for town.
As amusing as that is, it would cost us a lynch, and then not really help town as much as you think. Granted, a dead cop could pretty much say whatever. Interestingly enough, I just noted that there isn't any rule against dead players speaking. There is a rule saying that dead players are allowed 1 contentless "bah" post after dying, I wonder if lynching that rule would only disallow us from the one bah post. Without that rule, I don't see anything indicating we aren't allowed to speak while dead.

That would certainly break the game for town, especially considering how this game will probably be very power role driven.

Silliness aside, I have every intention of lynching nothing but scum.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Mod who allows anyone and anything to be lynched with random crazy weird results? Awesome!! Since I’m all for randomness I should really look at the rules and see what we should get rid of. One has to have fun playing these games. Note to self – read the rules.

Where is this Chesskid character getting the impression that he’s the mod?

Entirely too many people aren’t posting. So get with the program people – a Randomtastic fun game like this isn’t anything if you don’t contribute. Put your butts in gear and start having fun!
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:17 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Weapons wrote: Yeah, Helghast is probably scum. Textbook call to action play.

But, unvote, vote: Night
I don't really like this at all. Weapons feels like he has a decent target to scum hunt and pressure, but he actively chooses not to. In lynching night, we lose a lynch and give scum a free night kill. Then we don't really have much of any advantage to us. Deciding against attacking a scummy looking player and instead trying to "break the game" seems much more motivated by scum mindsets than town. This is comparable to saying "Helghast is probably scum. Vote no lynch."

I also find how chess just jumped on a wagon for no apparent reason scummy. This prolonged RVS hasn't helped town at all, and voting without a case, or just completely piggybacking doesn't get us anywhere except putting suspicion on you.

The problem isn't that you put someone to L-8, the problem is that you haven't actually contributed anything to this game.
Tasky wrote: more than one wagon is always good.
You nervous that the one on Feysal is going to go somewhere?

Unvote, vote WeaponsOfMassConstruction
for ignoring a scum suspect to do something pointless.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:58 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Tasky wrote: I only think bandwagoning creates information, and two competing wagons usually do this even more, because you don't have only the options {get on bandwagon, not get on bandwagon} but you have {get on bandwagon one, get on bandwagon two, get on no bandwagon} and therefore there is more to analyze later.
While I agree to an extent, the amount of information early bandwagons gives us later is pretty minimal. Personally I prefer to find scum now, instead of hunt for information that might be marginally helpful down the line. That being said, more info is pro-town.
Kitoari wrote: That being said, chesskid is a good alternative lynch. I'd consider it if suddenly feysal became WORST LYNCH EVER for some reason.
You're already throwing around the word lynch? We're barely out of the RVS. I don't like this mindset at all.
Tasky wrote: stop talking about lynching already. we are wagoning more or less at random trying to see something that can be analyzed later.
Ninja'd.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Weapons wrote: That's balls. You know I did not know about that by the time of posting, simply by post order, so +scumpoints. Nightless would certainly have been interesting.
It doesn't matter that night actions work at twilight as opposed to day, it doesn't really give town much of an advantage either way. It doesn't make much of a difference what effect you believe voting night will have, because you still opted to not vote for who you think scum is. Then you add a bit of OMGUS as well, for good measure? Duly noted.
Prokhor wrote: @Nero Cain: How come you're not voting anyone yet?
Why are you asking someone this in the same post you're unvoting without putting your vote somewhere useful?
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Kalei wrote: I've yet to see anything to post anything about.
Kalei wrote: I'm not a follower, so don't expect me to jump on other people's cases.
So what do you do then? Do you sit back and wait for someone to do something you don't like? You do realize that town has to scum hunt in order to find scum, scum doesn't just slip up on their own. Also, these 2 statements don't really track. You're sitting there asking other people to do your scum hunting for you, but you're saying you aren't going to follow other people's cases after doing your scum hunting for you. What, then, is it going to take for you to actually contribute to the game? Seems like you've set yourself up a nice catch-22 of non-activity.
Sleepless wrote: Weapons wagon is garbage.
Care to say why?
chess wrote: Weapons is town, Frozen gets scumpoints for voting for someone who has a scum suspect while most of the game is solidly in the RVS. Wheeee.
Weapons had a scum suspect, never gave reasons for the suspect, and didn't act upon suspicion until prodded to do so. That looks like scum distancing to me, not a townie having a genuine scum read.
chess wrote: #91 more tasky badposting. Nobody is talking about lynching anyone yet. The fuck?
You obviously didn't read this post very carefully. Tasky didn't say anything about lynching in post 91, that came AFTER Kito posted this awful post.
chess wrote: FrozenMirror points out how Kito talked about lynching, but ignores how Tasky did it. Distancing much?
Kito/FrozenMirror connection noted.
Except Tasky didn't bring it up. Tasky jumped on Kito around the same time I did for the same reasons. Why would I call Tasky out for agreeing with me? You seriously have a weird perspective of what actually happened. I highly recommend you go back and read page 4 again.

What good posting has Weapons even done? His first 3 posts are all RVS, his 4th post is calling out a scum suspect but
not
acting upon it, his 5th post is a one liner saying my case is "balls" then voting for his scum suspect after having been called out for it. His 6th post is the only one that could be even mildly be construed as good, saying that he voted night so scum couldn't coordinate their night actions, but it isn't it obvious that if there is no night phase and everyone uses their night actions during the day, that scum will get to TALK during the day, thus making the situation even worse? His most recent post, which was several days ago, consists of *yawn*.

This consists of zero scum hunting.

Please point out the good posting and he has done, and where you could possibly get a gut town read off him.

Also you said the wagon on him was too large for too small a thing, but I was, I believe, the first to call him out on this. I didn't know a wagon was going to form. Why am I scummy because other people have agreed with me?

If Weapons flips scum, I'm going to take a good hard look at everyone defending him.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:11 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Helgast’s 64 where he states the obvious (we should be lynching scum) while not having a vote on a suspect is doubleplusScum.

Helgast’s 110 is further stupid as it isn’t scum-hunting but more mindless Game Mechanic talk.

Helgast’s 130 and further 144 are active lurking material gone Wild.

Helgast @147 – Didn’t you just do the same thing you accuse WMC of by voting after Vezok questions you about not having any game thoughts?

WMC’s 77 is also bad for identifying scum and then voting for a rule.

WMC’s followup at 101 is furtherly obv-scum material. The vote in reaction to criticism coupled with the bad attempt to explain away a purposeful attempt to not lynch scum (lynching Night) as ‘Nightless would be interesting’ means WMC is obv-scum.

I absolutely love (this is sarcasm for the unititiated) how IH’s 94 sets up multiple relational tells that really have little to do with reality. Multiple people made an easy vote on Chess … why is Tasky the one you point out?

IH @ 119 – Scumpoints for attempting to say Vezo’s making a soft-claim when EVERYONE IN THE GAME HAS A ROLE. Further scum-points for not jumping on ToonFighter’s statement at 121 for doing what Vezo did.

SleeplessAss @ 138 – Town has no clue. Why not tell us which of your partners you are distancing from here?

Chesskid @139 – Further proof that his ability to make solid gut reads is as compromised as ever.

Chesskid @ 151 – Townpoints for WMC posting fluff? Boggle …

So far I’d be happy to see Helgast, WMC or IH swing. Sleepless is active lurking. Chesskid has reverted to VI status.

Catch-up [/over]
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Ah, poor WMC.

Town-tells don't exist. Please don't tell me you believe they do. Like the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny or Bill Clinton they are all figments of you imagination fed to you by your parents seeking to control your behavior. Anything you claim is a Town tell is easily replicable by scum.

Indifference as a wagon disarming tactic is barely a tactic, much less a tell.

You can argue with my other half about the quote. Quote WOTing is for squares.

I love your complete misrep that I'm tunneling. Here's a hint ... my post where I point out your partners IH and Helgast who also can take the rope shows I'm doing anything but. And I'd love to see what else you'd try to say is wrong since you didn't bother to back up your assertion.

Cool story though, bro.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:33 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

WMC wrote: Some of his assertions are hilariously wrong, for example:
Argument: You are wrong.
WMC wrote: I'm sorry to say, but I don't think you've done any scumhunting, FrozenMirror. At all.

Yeah, I could be more active, but no, I'm not. Deal with it.
Reasoning: You're doing it too? Thats the closest thing you come to actually giving a reason as to why I am wrong.

I don't like how spare Sleepless's posts have been. He has only poasted 3 times, and all of them almost empty. His first post contains one word, and is more worthless than a random vote. His second post is simply a vote for me, without explanation, without indication of random vote, without anything. His third and most recent post indicates, once again without reason, that the wagon on WMC is bad. He then attempts to call out a 4 man scum team without any reasoning at all.

I'd like to see actual content from Sleepless. He definitely looks like someone trying to slide by.

Kalei still hasn't moved forward from where I last pointed out that he's done nothing.

We haven't heard from gandalf for a very long time.
Has he been prodded?
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:30 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Guys, I already told you, chess is VI not scum.

Gandalf, If you're unwilling to read walls of text, you're probably playing the wrong game. That being said, your reason for voting WMC earlier was absolutely awful. He wasn't even a player that made walls of text, he just sometimes quotes more than he needed to.
gandalf wrote: Being concise is pro-town.
It is only pro-town if you have people in the game too lazy to read anything longer than 100 words. Transparency in your thought process and your logic is absolutely pro-town, so being overly concise undermines that.
dana wrote: Unvote Vote: FrozenMirror
Not just for the towntells thing, but also because his attack on chesskid in his latest post seemed very opportunistic in light of Tasky's back-and-forth with chesskid.
Town hunting during day 1 is foolish. Anything as simple as being nonchalant under pressure can easily be feigned by scum. Also, can you please point out where I attack chess? I pointed out things he said as foolish and incorrect, and called him a VI, but I don't believe I've ever called him scummy or actually attacked him.
WMC wrote: Point comprehension fail.
You still haven't told me why I'm wrong.

To everyone who thinks the WMC wagon is bad, please go read him in ISO and count on your fingers how many good points he's made. Don't worry, you aren't going to be running out of fingers.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

WMC
– 167 perfectly shows that you are more interested in looking like an authority on Mafia then actually, you know, finding scum. You aren’t scum-hunting and instead are making the equivalent of a theory argument about your fluff posting being a Town-tell.

WMC @ 183
– You make me chuckle. Way to try to move the goalposts. No-one said you shouldn’t defend yourself. Fact is you didn’t and instead tried to attack your accuser. Scumtastic.

Question
– Have any Town reasoning at all for why you would identify someone as scum but then make a vote for a rule – which is GUARENTEED NOT TO HIT SCUM? I’d love to see you actually answer that. Especially since you had just before that post made a 3rd ‘Random’ vote for Rain after voting for a rule and then generic Mafia.

Chesskid’s
184 reinforces my VI read. Note that he says ‘I called him scum’ when I never said anything of the sort. It's the sort of behavior I'd expect from a VI. Especially since he continues to call me his top suspect yet not actually vote for me.

Dana
– Let’s look at your reasons for saying I’m scum.

1. ‘The towntells thing’ as you put it. Please explain again how that is scummy? Because if you think my saying that I don’t believe in behavioral town-tells is a scum-tell I’d love to see why.
2. ‘My attack on Chess is opportunisitc’. Funny. You do know that I’m asserting he’s just a bad Town player, not scum right. And that I listed THREE separate players who need to hang. Hard for me to be making an opportunistic attack on a player who we’ve never said was scum or intended to vote for. Solid Jackson!

If you’ve got something of substance let me know.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:53 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Nero wrote: +wraith=active lurking
Yes, and Espeonage is regular lurking.
Can we have a prod on him?
WMC wrote: So, FM is still not making sense about the me not scumhunting thing. Giving up.
Alright, I'll try to be clear and concise.

You aren't scum hunting. ISO 7 is the only time you've done it all game.

There. Still confused?

I'm still not down for a chess lynch, but any vig who night kills him gets town points.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:03 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Hey look it’s me again, only moreso me than me …

Dana @238
– Let’s address your ‘scum-tells’.

1. So you are stating that since I don’t believe in behavioral Town-tells (which I don’t and I’m not alone … vollkan comes to mind personally) that my opinion on Mafia theory means I’m scum. Funny.
2. Chesskid is a VI. Look at his games. As with dealing with all VIs you have to know how to filter out the inherent VI-ness and get to the behavior that transcends VI status and can indicate Town versus Scum play. Just like dealing with other VIs like Vezok or Furcolow here on site.

ToonFighter
continues to play the role of useless lurker to a tee.

WMC @ 261
– Yet again the lulz. So anyone who dismisses an early game case against them by posting fluff is Town? I’d love to see a complete MD thread started by you in which you explain your full Mafia philosophy. It would be an interesting read to say the least.

Helghast @ 265
continues to be an active-lurking scum.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:05 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Helghast
– Do you actually understand what Active Lurking is? It is posting in the thread on a regular enough basis that you aren’t labeled a lurker but providing no content regarding who is Scum or who is Town.

Your excuse about ‘not having a lot to say’ is crap. You have not committed to a read this game.

Feysal’s 275
is hopefully the precursor of actual content, like soon. Otherwise he goes into the box of players lurking and being useless.

Dana
– You standard for what is a Scum-tell really is interesting.

Can you ‘prove’ that my personal stance (and not necessarily that of the other me) is more likely to come from scum than Town? If not than it’s not a scum-tell.

You can’t ascribe any logical scum-motivation for my belief that any Town-tell can be replicated by scum. Thus it’s not a scum tell. I prefer to look for actual scummy behavior.

If I was reactionary and short-sighted (like Chesskid, for example) I’d claim your attack on me is scummy. But I’m not. Your attack is a Null tell since it can easily come from misguided Town as well as from foolish scum.

You keep blathering on about how I’m trying to discredit Chesskid because of his read on me. That’s incorrect. I call him a VI because he quite frankly is. He’s reactionary to the slightest criticism and has a documented history of poor reads. I’ll judge him by his votes and other relational factors – not the ‘information’ he presents in thread. Note despite his 'read' that I am scum he's yet to actually commit to a vote for me.

If you can ‘prove’ (since you are so fond of the word) that my stance on him is driven by anything other than personal experience do so. Your assertion that I am somehow worried about his ‘read’ is incorrect.

90% of this game needs to stop being crappy non-contributors and actually do something.

In the meantime
– WMC, Helghast and IH still look to be very good lynches. I’m trying to decide home many potential scum are hiding in the mass of active / normal lurkers we have.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:57 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

vezok wrote: Let's vote WMC and all be happy,
You are being fairly hypocritical right now, considering your vote is elsewhere.
WMC wrote: I'm pretty sure none of you who are saying I'm scum actually think I'm scum.
I think you're scum. I also think this is a pretty terrible defense.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Dana, if tells were cut and dry then this game would be extremely easy. If town always dropped town tells, and scum always dropped scum tells, then how could scum ever win the game? The entire basis of scum play for day 1 is to avoid scum tells, give town tells, and convince other people that players who aren't giving true scum tells are. After day 1 there are more things to consider like voting patterns and such, but the concept remains the same the entire game. Don't do things that scum does, and do things that town does. So if every scum is trying to do things that town does, then how can you possibly assign a particular action to something town is going to do?

You need to analyze the motives behind a player's action, not the action. Showing disinterest is simply an action that could either be genuine or faked. I doubt it would be terribly difficult to fake 6 characters of disinterest when at L-8. If you instead look at the motives behind WMC's play, you'll find exactly one post with scum hunting, and it isn't the best scum hunting. Everything else definitely could be coming from a survival motivated player instead of a scum hunting motivated player.

Town's motivations come from killing scum. Scum's motivations come from staying alive. Look at which motivations fuel each player. That is what real town tells are. Not this *yawn* OMG THAT WAS TOWN garbage.

That being said, there is some internal debate going on about how deeply we're committed to this ideal. I am the part of me that believes there are actions that benefit town more than scum that are difficult to fake, such as good scum hunting. Not impossible, but difficult. WMC hasn't done much of any of that.

If there isn't going to be a WMC lynch, I'd be fine going with any of the players who don't seem to be willing to scum hunt. Helgast is definitely a good example of this. IH and Kaleid are both guilty as well. I'd choose lynching chess over a no-lynch, but he definitely isn't the preferred choice.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:41 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Dana wrote: You must believe there are scumtells that can help the town figure out who is scum. Why do scum players every commit these actions?
I'm sorry, are you confused? I didn't realize that saying there's no such thing as a town tell because scum fake them means the same thing as saying there's no such thing as scum tells. Why in God's name would town try to fake a scum tell? Scum commit tells such as active lurking and fence sitting because if they do them cleverly enough to not get called out for it, they stay alive longer. This plays to their win condition. Scum give scum tells like making bad cases on town because of cognitive dissonance, they know their target is town and therefore have a more difficult time really believing in the case.

Some bad town players put effort in to staying alive when they should instead be finding scum. Sure, town doesn't
want
to die, but their win condition doesn't have a lot to do with staying alive whereas scum's does. The only benefit to staying alive as town is that town is getting another shot at lynching scum, and that should be town's mentality.

Therefore chesskid is either displaying town mentality, knowing that his death better serves the town than a no lynch, or he's doing a scum gambit to try to look as town as possible in the face of probable lynch. We really can't tell which one it is, so therefore it isn't really any indication of alignment.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:07 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

@Dana
– You can continue to put forth theoretical reasons why scum may call someone a VI. You continue to not show how someone calling another player a VI (rightfully so, BTW) is MORE likely to come from scum than not. It’s easy to conjecture a scenario where any particular action possibly could come from scum. Showing that any action is more likely to come from scum than Town is far different than that.

My other me already addressed this but I’ll just say – scum make scum-tells because no-one is perfect. Scum have inherent inside knowledge that to some degree handicaps their ability to perfectly emulate Town play. Good player are able to effectively disguise their scum play as Town but aren’t able to long term replicate it completely. The psychological conflict of trying to present as truth facts they know to by lies is a powerful thing.

Helgahst @283
– You gave a weak reason for voting for WMC and pretty much stopped scum-hunting. The rest of your comments have been along the lines of ‘Wow, this day is long’ and ‘Who is under suspicion again?’.

Sleepless Ass @291
– You continued attempts to characterize WMC’s FOURTH vote of the day as a joke vote is noted. I’ll explain it one more time for you. WMC went out of his way to say someone was scum in a post but chose to vote for Rule, a vote guaranteed to not lynch scum. That’s not a Pro-Town mindset.

Chess at 302 and 308
is a prime example of why he’s a VI. Rather than to continue to push for his ‘reads’ to show how they are scum he just states that they are good. Chess – rather than continue to cry that your reads are ‘Gold’ and should be followed how about demonstrating why.

A quick look through Tasky’s ISO makes me believe he well could be a Chesskid lyncher.

This game is a prime example of why Power-role rich games are so stagnant. Everyone is too busy lurking trying to not draw attention thanks to their Awesome Role ™ thinking they are a precious and unique snowflake. When most likely most everyone has a role the importance of your individual role is that much greatly diminished.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:28 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

I'd like everyone who thinks chess is scum to quickly glance through his ISO in this game:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15478
He is scum, and fights to the bloody end to stay alive. Look at him now. Probably not scum.

Hel, I'm also voting WMC because of a severe lack of scum hunting. Look at the past 10 (literally 10, I counted them) posts he's made.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Dana wrote: They can't perfectly emulate town play. And in EXACTLY the same way, town players, no matter how bad they are, make town-tells because they are town and can't help it. They can't perfectly emulate scum play, even if they're horrible. Therefore, if there are scum-tells, there are town-tells.
For the record,
I
agree with this. The motivations that drive one's alignment shape their actions, even if they're trying to hide it.
Prokhor wrote: Theory disagreement: This is only a null indicator if there's a 50-50 case of town mentality vs scum gambit.
True, there's usually about 3 town for every scum in a given game, but by that theory almost everything is invalid because everyone you target is more likely to be town.

Granted, I agree with you on account of the meta read of chess fighting for his life as scum, but attempting to be a sacrificial lamb here.

I would, however, like to point out that chess literally went a good way to suggesting that the "town-tell theory" this player slot has been pushing is true. Chess actively did something that he considers a town tell for the purpose of looking town. Scum is trying to do this.

I won't argue the point further, though. It isn't productive in the least.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Mod, MafiaSSK needs a prod. He hasn't posted in a while. Cough. Can we have a vote count please?

And a replacement for Espeonage?

It isn't too late to lynch actual scum like WMC, who people think is town despite the fact that he hasn't made any pro-town posts. Scum not letting their buddy get lynched? I think so!
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

I would like everyone to take a look at Toon Fighter's ISO. Higher post count than some, but zero content. Also, he claimed a "worst role ever" so therefore isn't lurking to protect a pro-town role.

If we weren't so close to the deadline, I would definitely pressure this guy.
Mod, can I add Toon Fighter to the list of people that need a prod?
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:32 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Helghast @ 314
– I say you’ve stopped scum-hunting because you have. Look at your own ISO and show me where you’ve been hunting scum. You gave said ‘explanation’ and have not developed it one iota. You have simply been sitting around complaining about the length of the Day and answering questions.

And for the record – Chesskid has always been (and I expect probably will continue to be in the short term) a VI.

Feysal @ 318
– That’s an excellent catch on Chesskid’s behavior regarding Yawning at a case when scum.

Chesskid @319
– You do know this post completely undermines any belief this me has that your behavior here in the face of your lynch is anything but a Null tell.

Chess @327
– Why wouldn’t you have said that as Mafia in an attempt to look Town?

Gandalf @ 329
– First Jester speculation sighting that I recall – any Vigs or other killing roles should direct their attention Gandalf’s way.

Sleepless Ass @343
– Your argument that the 4th vote is clearly a Joke I disagree with. If you can’t understand how there is a conflict between voting for Night yet directly calling a player scum in the same post I don’t know what I can do to help you.

I also got loads of laughs from your horribad logic that I’m wanting to ‘lynch our strongest power roles’. Funny.

1. Can you provide back-up for your incorrect assertion that I’ve been attacking lurkers all game? Our vote and attention has been on WMC. Are you saying he’s a lurker? Are you sayin asking for Prods on non-posters qualifies as ‘attacking lurkers’? Do you believe active lurkers like Helghast aren’t more likely to be scum than regular lurkers?
2. If we are calling out the MAJORITY of the game for lurking we certainly are attempting to target the strongest PRs :roll:
3. Yes, I understand fully that you are using pointless sarcasm here. Yet it’s a stupid argument so it deserves attention.

@Dana, WMC and anyone else infatuated with Town tells
– Chesskid’s 319 is a perfect example of why I don’t believe behavioral town tells exist. Chess here has articulated that he’s cognizant of what may considered a behavioral Town tell and as Scum has gone out of the way to use them.

I hate quoting as it leads to eye-bleeding Walls of Stripes but in this case I’ll make an exception –
danakillsu wrote:Exactly. Scum make scum-tells because they are scum and can't help it. They can't perfectly emulate town play. And in EXACTLY the same way, town players, no matter how bad they are, make town-tells because they are town and can't help it. They can't perfectly emulate scum play, even if they're horrible. Therefore, if there are scum-tells, there are town-tells. You have the logic to figure this out, and the fact that you are still adamantly saying there are no town-tells, and not proving that you have already believed this prior to this game, I believe that you are scum.
Quite honestly I don't think you are approaching this in a logical manner. Town (aside from gambitting) doen’t try to emulate scum play. Period.

A Town player’s goal is to find and lynch scum. As such they try (with obviously varying degrees of success based on the skill of the player) to play in a Pro-Town manner.

A Scum player’s goal is to kill off enough Town and survive till victory. As such they try to play in a manner that looks as Pro-Town as possible (again, with varying degrees of success).

Both sets of players are aiming to give off Town tells. Thus those are Null. Chesskid proved that even a VI can be aware of this fact and attempt to exploit it. Thus I don’t ascribe any weight to Town tells.

Scum are more likely to give off scum tells as a function of their inherent conflicts I already outlined, all things being equal.

Thus I believe that looking for scum-tells is the most effective way to hunt scum.

But once again we’ve pushed the theoretical on this discussion and you haven’t answered my question – how does my approach to Mafia theory regarding lack of useful Town tells qualify as something more likely to come from scum than from town?
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:55 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

No, you haven't answered it at all other than to give a specific scenario where you believe scum would do so. You've never addressed how it is more likely than not to come from scum.

Still waiting to see that.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Half of me wants to self-congratulate for calling it from Tasky's ISO.

The other half of me thinks the claim of inside information is bullshit as lynchers are very rarely told the alignment of their target unless they are Town.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:30 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Helghast @ 350

ISO 9 wrote:Wow this day has like been the longest ever!
ISO 10 wrote:PS: This day has been going for years!
This looks like two comments to me.

I’ve accused you of lack of scum-hunting and active lurking. Aside from saying my accusations are ‘wild and unthoughtful’ you actually haven’t shown why I’m wrong.

Rope – you need it but unfortunately that will have to come tomorrow.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:48 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Posting from phone.

Based on last Mod vote count and rolling forward I get the following results.

Both Chess and WOMC currently have 5 votes.

Deadline is tomorrow people!

MORE WOMC VOTES STAT!
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:34 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

For crying out loud chess, I literally don't see anything that WMC could have possibly done to merit a town read from you. Please explain this town read. If you call what he's done good posting, tell us why. I don't see good posting. If you think his *yawn* is a town tell, then why did you do it as scum that other game?

I'm beginning to think you're scum buddies and that he's a godlike mafia role or something.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

So let me get this straight. WMC claims watcher at the last possible minute, and is too "pissed" to defend himself. Where was his defense for the past 3 days? Where was his scum hunting for the past...well...the whole game?

Is a lyncher always a town role? I'm not terribly enlightened about them in-game.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

On second thought, I'm down for an IH lynch. Just a few pages in he's already trying to set up lynches based on almost no info. He hasn't posted in almost 2 weeks, and has given us minimal content. He's just left his vote on Feysal, which has been useless.

I don't think Feysal is scum.
Unvote, vote IH.

Go for it Feysal. And everyone else, too. Just read this guy's ISO really quick (I guarentee it won't take long} and try to find reasons to NOT lynch him. Hint: you probably won't succeed. I didn't.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Mod, or alt mod since SSK doesn't seem to have time, we haven't had a vote count in 9 days. We desperately need one ASAP.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

I'll settle for a Tasky lynch. If lynchers generally aren't targeting scum, and Tasky said he's got inside information that chess is scum, he's likely lying. Also add to that he didn't start on chess all that early also implies that he might be lying. Hard to say, really.

I still want people to read IH before deciding on a Tasky lynch, though.

I can't find any information about exactly when our deadline is. I went through the mod's ISO but nothing popped out at me. When is it, exactly?
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (isolation #34) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:21 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Chess @ 367
– Immediate attempt to disavow any responsibility for being on WMC’s wagon noted. Pro-Tip: You are responsible for your own votes. Period.

Bunnylover @368
– If you aren’t going to read the game please don’t post fluff.

Helghast @370
– You do know that the mythical Tomorrow is the deadline day, right? For someone so worried about how long the day has taken you are very willing to casually put of investigations into players right at deadline.

WMC @373
– Yes, it’s everyone else who is terrible at the game. You play had nothing to do with it :roll:

WMC @375
– So you can prove your role because you are a special kind of watcher who knows what player is going to be targeted 100%?

WMC @382
– That you continue to dismiss our comments about your total lack of scum-hunting doesn’t somehow make them inaccurate. You pop in to either defend yourself or make little comments like you did about Vezok that don’t say ANYTHING about your thoughts on his alignment. That’s fluffing not scum-hunting Tex.

Tasky @ 388
– You make a bad gambit and then wonder why you are getting votes. You admit to lyning about having info about Chess’s alignment. Why exactly is that Pro-Town again?

Here’s a hint – if you are bored get a different hobby. Mafia is only as boring as you yourself make it.

Gandalf @380
– Wow … I’d never have guessed you would turn out to be the Blinding Light of Sanity in this game. Good posting.

Feysal @ 391
– You aren’t grasping the concept of the game. Roles are determined 100% independent of alignment. In SSK’s recently ended Mini Random game Fate was a 3rd Party Survivor Cop role.

And Chesskid isn’t a Jester. Stop the stupid speculation about that. Chess is playing just as he normally does.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Backup mod, could you step in please?
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (isolation #36) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

MafiaSSK is also flaking as the IC role in a newbie game. He confirmed, then on page 8 or so said he'll make a catch up post, and it is page 12 and he still hasn't. I'm a bit worried.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (isolation #37) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

This is our offical notice that we are Requesting Replacement.

The modding of this game makes it not worth the valuable game space for both of us.

Good luck Town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”