Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hey guys. I heard noise despite not warding. Catching up now.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hitogoroshi (post 9): I played in Stars Alligned II. I didn't participate much, but I read a large portion of the game and am pretty familiar with the rules.

I got to page 15. I'll finish later. Here are my thoughts and questions:

Questions:

Andrius:
Can you link me to a few of your scum games?
AurorusVox:
What do you think of Benmage and Fate from their exchange?
Fate:
What do you think Benmage's allignment is?
Feysal:
What was the purpose of your post 300?
Furcolow:
Is VP Baltar telling the truth about you wishing you could've gone murderer last game? What do you think of Bowser's response to his bandwagon?
Lost Butterfly:
(Concerning post 10) - First of all, why should we be discussing who is going murderer? You don't think we should be focusing on cult? Second of all, if you
do
believe that VasudeVa is going murderer and also believe that it is worth mentioning, then why not vote for him?
Triglav:
How serious was your vote for xvart?
Trilobite:
Why did you vote for MoI?

Thoughts:

Regarding the insanities that should be forbidden, I agree with all the ones that hitogoroshi mentioned. However, if sadism is going to be on that list, then paranoid should also be on that list for the same reason. I think that the best insanities to take would probably be taboo, twitchy, marked, and solist. They seem to be the least restricting imo. I also agree that grave robbers should probably take Necrophilia.

I've gotten quite a few reads from the first 15 pages of the game. I think Andrius, Fate, MagnaofIllusion, ReaperCharlie, and SpyreX look like town and I think AurorusVox, Baby Spice, Benmage, Feysal, and rewq455 look suspicious, but I would love to hear more from El Goosuki, Furpants_Tom (I noticed he posted, but I haven't read any of his posts yet), Plum, Seacore, SSBF, totallynotmafia, and Triglav in particular.

I got a strong town read from Fate's reaction to Benmage in that exchange, but don't like Benmage at all. It is obvious Fate is annoyed with Benmage which I think looks townish (there is one thing I find odd about Fate, but I can't mention it right now). I think Benmage looks like he is trying to start a long distracting argument with Fate and make him react in a way that would make him look bad. Why do I get this impression? Well, he continuously pushes his theory that Fate is scum, yet makes post 171:
Benmage wrote:
sottyrulez wrote:
Furcolow wrote:can you all please stop?
^ This

The argument is petty and is ruining the game.
QFT.
Which looks like trying to have his cake and eat it too. If he agrees that the argument is ruining the game, then why would he feel the need to continue pushing it other than in order to distract the town and or cause Fate to react?

I suspect AurorusVox because in addition to SpyreX's point regarding his wishy washy read on Furcolow, he has also ignored the Fate and Benmage exchange, not given any reads, and seems too afraid to vote for somebody. I suspect Baby Spice for both thinking Benmage is honest and thinking that he is going murderer in addition to him giving me a bad gutfeeling. rewq455 seems timid and I think Feysal has contributed hardly anything despite posting four times. For now, I'll
Vote: AurorusVox
because he's the only person I suspect that somebody is already voting for.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I like Ojanen's points against xvart and kunkstar7 in addition to Mina's points on page 16.
Furpants_Tom wrote:Wait, why is BenMage now not killing Fate?
Are we seriously going to let him claim a free insanity and not prove his townie-ness by following through on his threat? And we won't know if AV's scum until at least D3; so that's a fair while for all of us to live in doubt... I have no idea why scum would act like BenMage in the first place, but I can't help but think SpyreX is giving him an out. Maybe there is a fetish of Fate already out there, one not created by Benmage, who was actually stalking him. Maybe the cult is now concerned that more than one investigator with res kits will now be watching Fate's back; and would prefer this protective field dissipate. In that case, maybe you'd ask Benmage to commit publicly to NOT kill Fate, and then lead the charge to string him from the nearest tree at the start of Day 2, when Fate's body is found, scattered like sticky red confetti. Playing peacekeeper in this case is kinda suss, if you ask me.

Sorry, Seacore, I just don't see how Benmage's actions make for any sort of rational scum play. Even of the double/triple/quintuple bluff variety.

I'll Vote: SpyreX because I'm still not really sure why he's so sure both Benmage and Fate are town.
How strong is this suspicion? I think this vote is reaching.
Baby Spice wrote:You claimed a ward on someone who wasn't in the game (technically) but didn't end up cowering like the mod says should have happened.
(I remember Elibereth in the signup thread claiming a spot as Drippereth but stopped paying attention to it not long after.)
Mod. Was Drippereth ever listed as in the game in post 0 of the game thread?

You claim that the mod changed the rules because of a pm from you, but I think the rules for ward were already that way. It was the section under hearing noise that was changed. 30 minutes or so after MoI brought it up by quoting the hearing noise section. (post #7)

FOS Furcolow

I can't think of a pro-town reason to explain this, but
I can't think of a culty reason either
Two problems with this...

1. You give him an FoS for something that happened way back at page 1. Why did you wait until now to do that?
2. You find this FoS worthy, but don't see a culty reason for it. That seems contradictory.

Hmm... I am really confused about Furcolow and the warding. It seems like it all comes down to whether or not Percy considered Drippereth instead of El Goosuki as a technical error. I'm going to need to think about it some more. More thoughts later.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

totallynotmafia wrote:Ugh, we're doomed. Anyone who hasn't already set themselves up to go on a murderous rampage is most likely strongly thinking about it now. I know I am.
Why do you say this?
totallynotmafia wrote:Anyway...Vote: Wickedestjr. Just a hunch at the moment from his first post. He asks for more posting from various people but at the same time admits he hasn't even read the posts of someone he listed. To me this is something scum do (I did it when I was scum), calling on people to post more in order to try and look town, and it particularly sticks out like a sore thumb in this game. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet, we have 18 pages already and it's not like the people he listed haven't posted at all, the last thing I can imagine town doing right now is saying they want people to post more.
When I said I would love to hear more from them, that was my way of saying that they were the players I didn't have good reads on. That's why I said I wanted to hear more from Furpants_Tom despite him already posting. I find it kind of hard to believe that this is the most voteworthy thing you have against anybody.
VP Baltar wrote:AusVox feels like he's sucking up to Lost Butterfly in 219. Basically agrees with anything and everything they say. Meh.
First of all, what was the point of mentioning this if you have nothing to say about it?
Secondly, couldn't the same thing be said of you? You pretty much did the same thing to Furcolow:
VP Baltar wrote:Also, despite his noise last time, he was on the right track at points and had he followed through on his stalk of SOG, town would have won the game. He was largely talked out of it by the rest of the town, which isn't really his fault.
&
VP Baltar wrote:@kunkstar7 - why do you feel Furc doesn't understand the game? He played a good majority of the last game and technically could have won the game for town there. I think he has a well enough grasp on the mechanics even if he is misguided at times.

Furcolow wrote:I was fucking surprised to see my ward action PM say El Goosuki, lets just say that.
So you
didn't
get a pm from Percy asking you to clarify your night action? I think it is obvious that you didn't actually ward last night. I'm convinced you are lying.
I think this may actually be proof that Furcolow didn't use ward last night.
Whether or not he is cult is a different matter. Personally, I think he is an investigator going murderer based on his reaction to the pressure which looks townish. Thoughts?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

SSBF wrote:Wickedestjr played in Star Aligned II and he did not hear noise for Night 0, Night 1, or Night 2. He was night-killed Night 3. So yes, you can be Night Killed without having to hear noise.
Not true. I heard noise night 0. However, I also warded night 0, so I assumed that was the cause of hearing noise. In general, the only ways to die are by being murdered or killed in the ritual. In order to be murdered, you must be stalked, and in order to be killed in the ritual, the cultists have to craft a fetish of you. Both being stalked and the cult crafting a fetish of you result in you hearing noise.

SSBF wrote:Even thought I do agree that Furcolow is scummy (Although one thing is preventing me from voting Furcolow at the moment, that reason is below)

With all that said,
Vote: Furcolow
???

I don't like AurorusVox's vote for MagnaofIllusion. Magna's comment you quoted was not reaching at all imo.
AurorusVox wrote:I've already stated my views on this; I'm leaning town on Fate due to his reactions; Benmage was the scummiest player on my initial read of the thread.
You didn't give those reads until SpyreX started questioning you.

..but you've given me reads and explained the other points, so,
Unvote

I may be finished reading this thread for today. If so, I'll see you guys tomorrow. Please don't post 10 pages for me to read tomorrow.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:44 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Okay, the noise/ward list is almost complete. We just need to know if Triglav used ward and if Andrius heard noise or warded.

*sigh* Everytime I think I've figured out the Furcolow situation, a better argument gets brought up. Specifically, AurorusVox and Ojanen both bring up a good argument pointing towards Furcolow is town, but I also need to consider Baby Spice's argument. *thinking*

Is it just me, or has Benmage disagreed and or tried to prevent every plan that would confirm that he is town? The plan to have him kill Fate he was against. He's been trying to get Fate lynched instead. Benmage also tried to persuade Fate to not use commune on him here. I don't know why he would have a problem with being confirmed as town if he actually was town. But he has a large motivation for trying to prevent it if he is scum. To be fair, I don't think Fate's plan would work, because Benmage could easily get himself an insanity tonight before Fate uses commune, but Benmage isn't even using this reason to persuade Fate. It could be a coincidence that he didn't like either plan, but I am going to keep my eye on Benmage. I currently think that having Benmage attempt to kill Fate while somebody protects him would be the best plan.

I don't like El Goosuki's reads either. There are really only 1 or 2 people in his list of Ba-a-A-a-d pipl that I think are actually scum.
totallynotmafia wrote:For me, because town are genuinely trying to find the scum, and scum are trying to look like they're genuinely trying to find the scum, the only real "scumtells" I look for or rely on are the unecessary bits people include or the bits that on the surface look innocent or pro-town or even just a throwaway line but an actual town member would be unlikely to say it in that situation - kind of like you can tell someone is lying when they overcompensate by providing too much information. So yes, you stating you would like to hear more from certain people that early in the game with already a wealth of posts (I mean, you could have just said "I don't have a read on these players yet"), was the most voteworthy thing at that stage.
So, do you have any reads on anybody other than me? Also, what do you think of xvart posting the noise and ward lists?
totallynotmafia wrote:Your explanation is plausible, just not sure if I believe it yet.
Think of it this way. I mentioned my town reads. Then I mentioned my scum reads. Then I mentioned the players I needed to hear more from all in the same paragraph. Why would I ask for more posting from players I already have reads on? I wouldn't. Obviously, I asked for more posts because I couldn't read them, and I think it makes sense that those were my neutral reads because they followed immediately after my town reads and scumreads.
totallynotmafia wrote:Fate, if BM is town and genuinely believes you're scum he's probably gonna go ahead and murder you anyway, and if you flip town then we're probably gonna lynch BM tomorrow, so the whole thing would be disastrous in the end.
Umm... If BM murders Fate that means he isn't cult because cult can't murder. So... why would we lynch him in that case?

I'm not sure if totallynotmafia actually is totally not mafia. Nearly everything he's said has been regarding content aside from his suspicion of me. Apart from that, I don't think he has given us any reads, and again, I'm not believing that his suspicion of me is the best he's got.

However, I think I'd rather
Vote: Baby Spice
for the point AurorusVox brought up combined with the points I brought up in my catchup post. I also get the impression that he is deliberately misinterprating the main point against him. More later. I am two pages behind and it seems like I always will be. D:
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Furpants_Tom wrote:I have a strong suspicion that we're running down the same blind alleys into the same brick walls over and over. I'd quite like to discuss some other posters, and why they're acting the way they are.
This doesn't answer my question. How strong is the vote? Also, does this mean SpyreX isn't your top suspect at the moment?
SSBF wrote:Complusion: It removes blood off you anyway so you can use the actions that you have. Somewhat beneficial IMO
Bad idea. Having to launder every night that you are bloody means prevents you from performing more beneficial night actions. It's not the worst insanity to take, but there are much better ones. Did you see my list of insanities that would be good to take?
SSBF wrote:Only positive thing we got from the hydra with the first thirteen posts was that they heard noise, which supposedly makes Furcolow likely town.
Do you think it means he is town?

Confirming BenmageI don't really see the problem with Benmage trying to kill Fate tonight and Fate getting protected. It confirms Benmage and the insanities don't cause too much of a problem, because we can just have him grave rob. In SA II there was a way to make sure that a player actually cooperated and grave robbed when they were supposed to. Is there something preventing that plan from working here?... because otherwise I don't see the harm in having Benmage become a grave robber after confirming him.

...okay. One page left.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

totallymafia wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:So, do you have any reads on anybody other than me? Also, what do you think of xvart posting the noise and ward lists?
No, not yet, well not scummy reads anyway, certain things people have done/said lead me to believe they are more likely to be town, but I'm not big on stating these in the thread, not unless they are in danger of being lynched anyway. The noise list is obviously good because it shows the people who are possibly in danger and thus narrows the list of potential protects for those with rez kits. As I said in my first post I wasn't too keen on everyone claiming wards/no wards as it basically shows scum who the "PRs" are...although I guess some of the investigator no wards could be stalks. I guess also if everybody claims their target for their wards that should narrow the list of potential protects as well.
So, we are 26 pages into the game and you have one scumread. WOW!

Concerning xvart, I don't believe that you wouldn't have any problem with him. You suspect players that try to act pro-town. xvart gives a noise and ward list and you don't suspect it at all. I'm starting to get the impression that there are very few things a player could say to raise your suspicions.
totallymafia wrote:The fact is saying you would like to hear more from people that early in the game from people who had already posted (some multiple times) is unecessary to say the least, did you think we weren't gonna post any more without you asking?
Of course not. This is why I think it is obvious that I meant they were the players I was having trouble getting reads on.
totallymafia wrote:And why do you have to have a read on everyone and sort out everyone into scum and town so early in the game?
Why not? I think I made that post after reading at least 15 pages. That's enough to have plenty of reads.
totallymafia wrote:Why on Earth would I be keeping better suspicions to myself if I had them?
This is not what I mean. I don't believe you are withholding your reads. I just don't believe that I would be your top suspect for the reason you have given when it is page 26 or 27 if you were town.
totallymafia wrote:And like I said, I'm thinking now that the whole rezzing Fate plan is a bad idea, it's not worth risking all the town rez kits being wasted on Fate just to clear BM.
I may be missing something, but why can't we just have one person rez Fate?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

kunkstar7 wrote:As far as I know, graverobbing as a roleblock is still possible, and something that should be put to use to deal with murderers.
Exactly. Having Benmage grave rob would be for that exact reason. If we confirm he is not cult, it doesn't matter if he gets an insanity, because we can prevent him from winning as a murderer as well by making him grave rob.
kunkstar7 wrote:xvart in Post #627 brings up a good idea, the Commune should go to Furcolow to clear him up further.

Hito's ISO #17 makes sense to me, no point in pushing that point further.
Unvote: Furcolow.
Why do you want Fate to use commune on Furcolow if you no longer find him voteworthy?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:09 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Andrius, I asked for your scum games because there's reasons why I think your town here and I want to make sure these reasons don't apply to your behavior in your scum games.
Benmage wrote:Wicked, wtf are you smoking?
Post 377 (iso 65):
Benmage wrote:Hito, there is too much wine for me to not kill fate. Plus I don't have a town read on her. And it still confirms me.....
Post 496 (iso 66):
Benmage wrote:From PG 16 I am killing fate because there's too much wine not too and apparently to many idiots who can honestly believe this some sort of scum ploy..gg fail town.
Post 508(iso 69):
Benmage wrote:All that said. I am still killing fate.
I could ask you the same question. You weren't always supportive of the plan that involved you killing Fate. Several examples:
Benmage wrote:
Seacore wrote:Could people please read the rules before they post. Wingless and Fate, I'm looking in your directions.
Why are you not
voting
Fate?
Benmage wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
unvote
lets let benmage confirm himself imo
Why waste a confirmed town kill, on a confirmed cult.

This is where you need to stop being a constant VI and so people will stop advocating your policy lynch. Now revote.
Benmage wrote:I am confirming myself town. You know if you weren't scum(cult) this game you would've done the same. But I will enjoy the flailing until I either, kill you tonight...or moreover
hopefully lynch you.
The bolded parts are the important bits.
Plum wrote:Also two people claimed to have Warded the same person. Guess what this could mean?
If you are saying what I think you are saying, then this is a very good point. xvart claimed to have warded MagnaofIllusion after Baby Spice did (if I remember correctly). In addition, despite having quite a few posts, it wasn't until page 25 or 26 that he actually claimed his ward target. Could be an indicator that he was waiting to see who other people had warded.
Benmage wrote:
The whatcya talkin about willis...was me claiming
...not not understanding him..i than spelt it out. and Yeah Pg 3 like I said.
Explain how that was a claim.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:27 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Feysal wrote:We don't know if the reason Fate heard noise was because of stalk, fetish or both. If there is a fetish and the cult decides to use it, one res kit won't be enough. It might even be good play for the cult to do so, to mess with the whole plan of confirming Benmage.

However, if we do decide to resuscitate Fate, I don't see a problem in one or more players claiming to have res kits and declaring their intent to do it, so that other players with res kits can pick different targets. There is nothing that could stop their actions from having the desired effect.

But of course, the whole idea of wasting res kits to curb what is likely town-on-town violence is insane, as other players have said. We really should come up with a better plan.
This reasoning can apply to any player. I think we should have one person rez Fate because we know that Benmage is going to attack him if he isn't cult. Once we have Benmage's murder taken care of, Fate is just as likely to die from the ritual as anybody else that heard noise so it doesn't matter what the other players with rez kits choose to do.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

SSBF and Feysal, are you guys saying that we need to have multiple people protecting Fate so that he can tell us if Benmage tried to murder him? If that is the case, then keep in mind that the person rezzing Fate also becomes bloody, so the person rezzing Fate would also know that Fate was attacked. Am I still missing/forgetting something?
SSBF wrote:Night 1, while Benmage is trying to kill Fate and Fate is rezz'd (Protected), who is going to serve as the grave robber Night 1 to rob the grave of the lynched player today?
Benmage can grave rob whoever we lynch in addition to his attempted murder. Grave rob is a night action you can use in addition to one other.
SSBF wrote:Reading the rules again, I can't really find any good counterargument for this except that we wouldn't be able to use the Resuscitation Kit. Based off what I've seen from your list, I obviously agree with twitchy. I also think that solist and marked are good insanities to take. I don't think Taboo is a great insanity to take, thought. He/she is choosing to give up an action to take which is likely to be beneficial to town if we have equipment for them (I can only find this good for grave robbing). Should be pushed on for later when the better insanities have already been take {Twitchy, solist, marked are my personal choices}.
I don't think taboo is all that bad. Preventing you from using a type of equipment that you have searched for only wastes one of your night actions (equiping that piece of equipment), so, I think it isn't so bad compared to the others. Secondly, I think taboo can be used to prevent you from laundering which doesn't waste any night actions because it's a night action you don't need equipment for.
Mod: Can a player choose Cower, Launder, Ward, or Rob Grave for the taboo insanity?

hitogoroshi wrote:Bad: Scummy player selected to rob grave, scum get corpse dust and equipment if we're right for the cheap cost of one insanity.
Good: Two townies players rob grave, no one gets anything as long as we're right on one of the two, two insanities.
Great: Townie we're sure of robs grave. Cultists not only get nothing, they have to take an insanity on the chin or else we get equipment, one insanity.

The problem with "Great" is that it's terrible if we're wrong on the townie. Furcolow doesn't want to do it, so I guess the question is, is there anyone besides him we feel safe calling "town" and making our graverobber? If not, it's not a huge deal, we can just have two people bounce the grave.

---

I still don't want Benmage to go through with the murder. If he and Fate were both under intense suspicion, it might be worth it. But they're both pretty likely town. Risking the death of one pretty likely town (with losing a Rez kit being our BEST case scenario) just to make another pretty likely town a confirmed town? I don't buy it. It's not worth either losing a townie or blowing a protect just to get the equivalent of a single investigation on a likely town slot.
Think about this: We have Benmage try and murder Fate while somebody protects him. Benmage becomes confirmed town if he actually does try and murder Fate. If he is also robbing the grave of the person we lynch, then if he is confirmed town, we know cult didn't get corpse dust and we can have Benmage rob graves in the future. If he ends up to be lying cult, then cult gets corpse dust, but Benmage is outted as cult which I think outweighs the corpse dust.

I am not thinking that Benmage is necessarily town right now. Can somebody please explain why it is so likely that he is town?
VP Baltar wrote:First of all, I pointed out his sucking up...how is that having nothing to say? You think I approve of his sucking up and I wanted to give him kudos for it?
You acted like it was a null tell but you never actually said your thoughts on it, so I don't know. It looked a bit like IIoA.
VP Baltar wrote:Second(ly), no. Just because I think Furcolow can play well at times does not mean I am sucking up to him by agreeing with him, which is what AV did. In fact, I think he's said some pretty dumb things in this game (shocker). I don't even see how you are equating my assessment of Furc's general skill level to AV following Lost Butterfly around.
Hold on. What do you mean by sucking up and why is it scummy?

Totallymafia
Totallymafia wrote:Yeah, 26 pages in like 2 days, and 2 weekdays at that, i don't know about everyone else but so far I've been forced to mainly skim to stay on top of things, the main reason I picked up on your thing was that you mentioned my name.
Why didn't you mention this until now? I'm still finding this all hard to believe.
Totallymafia wrote:There's a difference, that list will actually benefit town, so while it's possible that xvart may be cult trying to look town by doing it, it's just as likely he is town genuinely trying to help out, so basically it's a null tell. However, if it was the only thing he was posting...

Let me highlight the difference:
- Person A berates the town for poor activity, saying it will hurt their chances
- Person B berates the town for poor activity, saying it will hurt their chances, while not actually contributing anything themself

While both could be opportunistic scum, it can be seen that Person B is more likely to not be genuine about helping the town.
So, are you saying that I wasn't contributing anything?
totallymafia wrote:And he wants to hear more from somebody who he hasn't even read their posts yet? That doesn't make sense!
Oh... my... gosh... You don't pay attention, do you? I agree that that doesn't make sense... but I'm saying that I made the comment because they were players I didn't have any read on yet. Tell me, why would I said I wanted to hear more from you if I hadn't even read your posts? What exactly is the scum motivation for saying that? I think it is obvious that I made the comment because I didn't have reads on the players I listed.
totallymafia wrote:Yet you're clearly not happy with those plenty of reads, because you then go on to ask for more from those you don't yet have a read on...why do you need to have a read on everyone in your first post? And why bother stating everybody you don't have a read on? Seems kind of redundant.
Fifteen/Sixteen pages is enough for me to have a lot of reads. It doesn't matter if it was my first post or not, because of this. There was plenty of information, so I gave plenty of reads. In addition, it was my first post of content after 15 pages had been written, so I gave as much reads as I could. At the rate that it seemed the thread was going, I didn't want to give three or four reads and then disappear and not give many thoughts for another day or two. I don't see the problem with this.
Fate wrote:^a good example of an ACTUAL townie struggling to keep up
Explain. I see no reason to believe he is town. Is this read based on his username? :P

I am starting to reconsider my town reads on SpyreX and Fate, plus my scumread of AurorusVox.

I still want Benmage to try and kill Fate while somebody protects him. This way we can have a confirmed town robbing graves and robbing graves will confirm that they aren't going murderer.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

ReaperCharlie, I don't understand what you are saying about hitogoroshi. Can you explain it some more?

Also, why should
you
grave rob?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:51 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I agree with the town reads on SSBF. I am perfectly happy with him protecting Fate because of this.
SpyreX wrote:Follow me here because I have to be missing something:

Pick 6-7 people to stalk within groups of 2-3 (to prevent wards). Everyone else gets rez kits.

The next night they all take their shots on rez'd targets.

Assuming no one goes murderer, which would be a BAD idea if it went that way, the next day we should have 5-6 at minimum town.
I would prefer not to do this. This seems similar to Adel's plan last game.
ReaperCharlie wrote:I should grave rob because I am awesome and town, and (as I already said) I'm a shining beacon of hope and sanity.
I do believe that you are town, but I would prefer if we had a confirmed town doing it.
totallymafia wrote:Calm down and read the whole paragraph with that sentence again, the sentence is a part of my thought process which I put in quotation marks, it was my thought process when I first read that part in your first post.
I did read the whole paragraph. You don't say anywhere that your thought process changed.

Feysal
Feysal wrote:The blood on the resuscitator unfortunately tells us nothing. Suppose Fate is dead tomorrow, having been killed in the Ritual. If only one player claimed to have used a res kit, this would be meaningless. Benmage might as well have been one of the cultists participating in the Ritual, and got himself bloody that way, or the cult might be trying to frame him. The one player claiming to have used a res kit could be cult or a murderer-in-training, using the chance to earn some pro-town points (not intended as suspicion of SSBF, I'm speaking hypothetically). Even if the one resuscitator was trustworthy, he would not know what type of attack he protected Fate from - was it a Murder, or half of the Greater Ritual?
The way I interprated the rules, if somebody protected Fate from the greater ritual and Benmage didn't try to kill him, Fate and the resuscitator wouldn't get bloody because Fate wasn't actually successfully protected from any of the kills.
Mod: If Player A was chosen to be killed in the Greater Ritual and Player B tried to resuscitate Player A, would Player A and Player B become bloody from Player B protecting Player A from half of the Greater Ritual?
If I am right, then Players A and B being bloody despite Player A being killed by the ritual (in this case, Fate) would indicate that somebody tried to murder him as well.
Feysal wrote:If two players claimed to have protected Fate and he still died, that would still not confirm Benmage. It would appear as though Benmage had to have used Murder, otherwise the Ritual could not have overcome the protections, but either of the two protectors could still be fellow cult, trying to give Benmage an alibi.
Well assuming both the players resuscitating Fate were town, and he died from the ritual, we would know somebody had to have tried to murder him. I am pretty sure SSBF is town, but if he is mafia he is connecting himself to Benmage by lying about his result. I can't see cult going to all the trouble of having 2/3 of their members get an insanity in the greater ritual and having one of their members (who many thought to be town) connecting themself to Benmage such that they would be confirmed cult if Benmage flipped cult. Keep in mind, the only reason they would be going to all this trouble would be to confirm that one of their members is town so they can spend every night robbing graves and providing zero help to their scumteam during the night. I just don't see it happening.
Mod: Can a cultist use corpse dust on the same night that they get it?
If they can, I may need to rethink this, but I still like the plan of one person rezzing Fate.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi wrote:Fate
hitogoroshi
kunkstar7
Lost Butterfly
rewq455
Seacore
VP Baltar
Wickedestjr
xvart
That list looks right.
hitogoroshi wrote:Hallucination
Suicidal
Sadism
Denial
Mutilation
Distraction
Necrophilia
Alright. But, I think that if we go with the Benmage trying to kill Fate plan, Benmage should take the Necrophilia insanity. I also don't think distraction is so bad, but there
are
better ones to take. In addition, I think players that gain insanities
should
look at this list:
Wickedestjr wrote:I think that the best insanities to take would probably be taboo, twitchy, marked, and solist.
hitogoroshi wrote:Whether or not you heard noise
Whether or not you warded, and if so, who?
If you successfully Resuscitated (as in, the target died and you brought them back), and if so, who
Whether or not you gained insanities, and if so, what you chose
Yeah, that seems about right. I think that's how it worked out last game.

I don't like the vote for Lost Butterfly. I think they're town. However, I
do
think that VP Baltar looks townish for trying to start a bandwagon on a player that hasn't been getting much attention.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

10 more pages... :O
rewq455 wrote:Couldn't this be scum trying to get attention away from scum?
It could, but this reasoning could apply to any vote and I currently have no reason to think that is the case here.
VP Baltar wrote:That's what I was thinking too. I was planning to read back over that whole exchange in SAII at some point because I don't remember specifically why it was fail, but I remember it was. Do you recall why? (might save me the trouble of reading even more SA pages)
Adel's plan was for all but three players to stalk each other such that everybody was stalking another player and every player was being stalked. Then, the following night everybody murders the person they stalked, and the cult that were still alive would be revealed for not successfully murdering their targets. I don't know if the plan would've worked or not, but I believe the plan was a bad one, because if it worked it would require no scumhunting or playing whatsoever and pretty much ruining this awesome game that Percy had gone to so much work to prepare. I think this plan seems no different.
VP Baltar wrote:Also, can you spell out the Benmage killing Fate plan for me? I think I missed the particulars of it in trying to read so fast last night. I get that an attempted murder proves him not-cult, but I think I'm missing how SSBF ties in to everything.
The plan is basically Benmage tries to kill Fate and SSBF protects Fate. We are still discussing if it is worth it or if it would work, but I think it should work.
SSBF wrote:No, it would only confirm that Benmage is non-cult. That doesn't mean he can't go murderer later on.
That's why we have him grave rob. A confirmed non-cult grave robbing is very helpful. If he robs two graves, that means he can't do anything else.

I'm not going to finish catching up tonight, but should hopefully post more later.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1226 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I still think Lost Butterfly is town. Not so sure about Seacore.

I
do
think that rewq455 and kunkstar7 in particular could be scum.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

...in fact...
Unvote. Vote: rewq455
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1480 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Still catching up. There are other choices for bandwagons that I would prefer over ReaperCharlie, but I do like the point about the contradiction and this lynch will tell us a lot, plus I want the day to end.

Have we decided that Benmage is robbing the grave of the player that we lynch today?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1545 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:02 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

...actually. Forget what I said about Benmage robbing the grave. I now feel that Furcolow should do it. He is practically confirmed town and he has offered to do it. I see no reason for him not to rob graves.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1546 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:42 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Vote: Seacore
Between him, ReaperCharlie, and xvart, I want to lynch Seacore the most. After thinking about the case some more and reading his defenses, ReaperCharlie is a very bad lynch. Seacore should die instead.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Benmage, yes Furcolow is more confirmed than you in my eyes. Speaking of which, I've been thinking about the Benmage stalking Fate plan, and I don't see why it can't work. We don't need Fate to live to confirm that he was murdered, because if he dies, then the flavor will tell us that he was murdered. If he lives, then he should also be able to tell us that somebody tried to murder him. Correct?
Wicked's latest rubs me the wrong way, get the impression he's just skimming for stuff to agree with on the reaper thing, also seacore's pretty fucking town.
My latest was me defending ReaperCharlie. I don't want him lynched right now. I completely regret making that post I made last night. I was in a bad mood and being so behind in this thread wasn't helping. I just wanted the day to end at the time. However, now, being in a better mood and remembering why I felt so strongly why ReaperCharlie was town, I would rather we lynch somebody else. Seacore isn't my top suspect, but between him, ReaperCharlie, and xvart, he is the one I suspect the most.
What about his defenses makes him more town? The flailing? The resignation? The misrepping? The uncontextualized analysis?
Pretty much. I honestly can't see him acting so stupid as scum. I know it looks like WIFOM, but I believe he wouldn't be acting this way as scum.
Am I rob graving who we lynch tonight?
No.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1745 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

*twitch*

CD2
Username:
Wickedestjr
Did you Hear Noise?
Yes
Did you Ward? If so, who?
Didn't ward
Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions?
I got twitchy, because I almost died but got protected (from nopoint it seems. thanks btw :D ).
List all of the insanities you currently have:
Twitchy
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No
Were you murdered?
Somebody tried to kill me, yes. Was it a murderer? I don't know.
Did you Commune or Investigate? If so, who, and what result? (Note that these are both poor N1 choices.)
Didn't do either of these.
Twitch?
*twitches*

I'm still very far behind. Didn't realize how long we had been at night. I don't understand the soul rip mechanic. What is the disadvantage of dispatching them? We can still lynch a player despite dispatching another, right? If so, then I don't see why we shouldn't dispatch them.

Regarding the Lost Butterfly death, I thought they were town, but I guess we'll find out in the next day.

Regarding me almost dying, I think that means I'm confirmed not-cult unless somebody else claims to have been protected from a kill.

*Catching up*
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1768 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

AurorusVox, why does dispatching them necessarily mean we have to rob their graves?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1769 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hey guys, please don't post more than 5/6 pages today. I'm only ten pages behind now.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1790 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

AurorusVox, if scum really wanted to rob graves, couldn't they just do that to the other players that are dead? :? I don't get it.

Also, would claiming if we are bloody or not be a good idea? I don't see any disadvantages and only advantages (players with forensic kits can catch players that claimed they weren't bloody but actually were).
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2031 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Here is a table of the night's results. Please note that it isn't necessarily a good idea to claim your night actions unless you have a good reason to, because we don't need to completely fill in the table. I just included everything that the whole town already knows.

[/row][/cell]
PlayerNight 0Night 1
AndriusNoise: Yes
Ward: No
Warded: No
Insanity Count: 0
Bloody: No
Night Action:
Noise: Yes
Ward: Benmage
Insanity Count: 1 [Twitchy]
Night Action: Warded Benmage
Reason for Insanity: Recieved fetish.
AurorusVoxNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
Baby SpiceNoise: No
Ward: MagnaofIllusion
Night Action: Warded MagnaofIllusion
Night Action:
BenmageNoise: No
Insanity Count: 1 [Suicidal]
Night Action: Stalked Fate
Reason for Insanity: Stalked Fate
Warded: Yes (Andrius)
Insanity Count: 2 [Suicidal, Obsession]
Night Action: Stalked somebody
Reason for Insanity: Stalked somebody
Nicodemus/BowserNoise: No
Night Action:
Noise: No
Night Action:
El GoosukiNoise: Yes
Warded: Yes (Furcolow)
Night Action:
Warded: Yes (xvart)
Night Action: Investigated xvart
FateNoise: Yes
Night Action: Equipped Occult Books
Dead
FeysalNoise: No
Night Action: Equipped Resuscitation Kit
Bloody: Yes
Night Action: Protected Wickedestjr
FurcolowNoise: No
Ward: El Goosuki
Night Action: Warded El Goosuki.
Night Action: Searched for Rez Kit.
Furpants_TomNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
hitogoroshiNoise: Yes
Night Action:
Ward: Trilobite
Night Action: Warded Trilobite
kunkstar7Noise: Yes
Night Action:
Night Action:
Lost ButterflyNoise: Yes
Night Action:
Dead
MagnaofIllusionNoise: Yes
Warded: Yes (Baby Spice & xvart)
Night Action:
Night Action:
PlumNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
ReaperCharlieNoise: Yes
Warded: Yes (rewq455)
Dead
Wraith/rewq455Noise: Yes
Ward: ReaperCharlie
Night Action: Ward ReaperCharlie
Night Action:
Reason for Insanity: Recieved fetish
SeacoreNoise: Yes
Night Action:
Ward: Yes (Triglav)
Night Action: Warded Triglav
SpyreXNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
Nopoint/SSBFNoise: No
totallynotmafiaNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
TriglavNoise: No
Night Action:
Warded: Yes (Seacore)
Night Action:
TrilobiteNoise: No
Night Action:
Warded: Yes (hitogoroshi)
Night Action:
VasudeVaNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
VP BaltarNoise: Yes
Night Action:
Night Action:
WickedestjrNoise: Yes
Bloody:
Night Action:
Night Action:
Reason for Insanity: Protected from kill
manho/winglessNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
xvartNoise: Yes
Ward: Yes (MagnaofIllusion)
Night Action:
Ward: Yes (El Goosuki)
Night Action:

If somebody sees any mistakes, let me know. Somebody can color code it if they want. :P I hope nobody else made one of these tables. :? More later.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I looked at the OP and I think that everyday we should be claiming if we are bloody or not. Here's why: The only ways you can get bloody are by being resuscitated from a kill successfully, trying to murder a player, or trying to kill a player in the ritual. The only way that a townie can get bloody is if somebody tried to kill them, and that's something we should be claiming. If we claim this everyday, and an investigator with a forensic kit discovers that somebody is bloody that wasn't supposed to be actually was, then that means they are either a cultist or a murderer. This is very important information. So, we should be claiming if we are bloody, but that is basically just claiming that you had been successfully resuscitated. Learning who was successfully resuscitated from a kill is information that doesn't help scum that much, because it is information that they already know (if cult's target was protected they'd know about it, and I believe cult should know who is getting murdered based on who heard noise).
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2034 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Regarding dispatches, I understand what VP Baltar and AurorusVox are saying, but I still feel that we should dispatch both the soulless players. From what I understand, we only need two grave robbers to rob four graves tonight to confirm that cult don't acquire any corpse dust as long as we think Furcolow and I are confirmed town (neither of us are 100% confirmed, but we are both pretty close to confirmed town). With each of us robbing two graves, it works out perfectly: all four graves are robbed, we know cult aren't getting corpse dust, and we know the two nearly confirmed townies aren't going murderer. The only problem insanities bring up is that they can be very restricting if we are kept in the game for a long time, but the advantage is that town knows why we got our insanities, so they don't make us look bad. Keep in mind, the two of us can tackle four graves a night, which greatly lowers the number of insanities other players have to earn. If me and Furcolow rob graves every night, we can always have players with unusually high insanity counts rob graves while we are so that they don't get corpse dust, but we are controlling their night actions. Are there any flaws in this plan? Furcolow, what do you think of this? Thoughts? I am fine with robbing graves. I'm not exactly performing one of the other more interesting night actions, but I am one of the best people for this job and I think it would be selfish of me not to rob graves unless somebody has a better idea or can explain a flaw in this plan.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2035 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

P.S. I am aware that I haven't given my suspicions recently. I'm working on it. I'm hoping to try and catch up first, but if that doesn't happen in the next 2/3 days, then I'm just going to vote.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2037 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Three more things...

1. If we go with my grave rob plan, Benmage should rob graves too so that he doesn't murder somebody.

2. The two people rezzing me
is
noteworthy. Nopoint being the first person to claim the rez before I even claimed that I had been rezzed means he is probably another confirmed town (he might be a good grave robber too and possibly a better choice than Furcolow. nopoint, what do you think of grave robbing?). Feysal claiming to have rezzed me could be him covering up for his blood if he is a cultist or murderer. There's nothing to confirm that, but I'm keeping an eye on him.

3. Regarding Lost Butterfly, what we do know is that either they are cult or cult passed a fetish of them. They weren't going the murder route, which means, unless multiple people tried to kill Lost Butterfly, there is only one murderer to worry about. That is both good and bad: While there is only one extra kill every other night, and only one extra player to worry about getting rid of, this murderer has a very good chance of winning if we don't catch them in time. I came to this conclusion by thinking about the murderer win condition. They have to:
a.) Be the last murderer.
b.) Have killed more people than any of the other murderers.
c.) Have killed three people.

With only one murderer they have automatically fulfilled a.) and don't have to worry about b.) either, so the only thing they have to do is murder two more times. I think it was stated last SA game that we should focus on cult during the day and murderers at night. Does that strategy apply here too? Thoughts on this?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2039 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Dispatch: ReaperCharlie
Dispatch: Fate

Until somebody explains why I shouldn't.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2040 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hm... Regarding grave robbing, it may be a good idea to have me, nopoint, and Furcolow all be grave robbers, but taking turns. This way the amount of insanities is lower for each of us. (And we won't each have to grave rob every night meaning we can do something else productive). For example:

Night 2: Wickedestjr and Furcolow grave rob
Night 3: Wickedestjr and nopoint grave rob
Night 4: Furcolow and nopoint grave rob

Or some kind of patter similar to that. Thoughts?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2057 (isolation #32) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Still not caught up yet, but I can't see my reads drastically changing over the course of the last five pages, so here they are (in order from most suspicious to least suspicious):

Top 7 suspects:

kunkstar7
SpyreX
Triglav
manho
El Goosuki
totallynotmafia
Baby Spice

Possible scum:

Feysal
xvart
Nicodemus

Neutral:

nopoint (as AV pointed out, he isn't actually confirmed town)
Furpants_Tom
Wraith
VP Baltar

Might be town:

Benmage
MagnaofOIllusion
Seacore
Andrius
hitogoroshi
VasudeVa
Trilobite

Probably town:

AurorusVox
Plum
nopoint
Lost Butterfly
Furcolow
Fate
ReaperCharlie
Wickedestjr

Vote: kunkstar7
He is such obvious scum. Just read him in isolation. The points against him:

1. He has completely flown under the radar.
2. He tunneled on Furcolow for a large portion of the game and didn't change his vote until page 51.
3. Prior to switching his vote to ReaperCharlie, kunkstar gave no scumreads apart from Furcolow. The rest of his posting had consisted of town reads and theory posting. He has avoided taking stances.
4. All of his votes have been opportunistic. The vote for Furcolow was when the spotlight was on him. The vote for ReaperCharlie was after 8 players had already voted him. His reason for voting RC was very weak. It looked like he was trying to jump on the bandwagon using his own reasons. Then, there was the vote for El Goosuki today which was the third vote on the bandwagon. Considering the sizes of the other bandwagons, this vote does look opportunistic as well.
5. He doesn't give too many reads, but even some of the ones he has given have been bad:
kunkstar7 wrote:Scum:
nopointinactingup: His point about Magna doesn't sit with me.
El Goosuki, the blatant following of RC's "consipracy theory", as "proof" is crazy.
These are the only scumreads he gave in the whole post aside from RC. These reasons are also incredibly weak, minor, and that is really bad if they are two of his top suspects. His stances in this post are also weak: Nopoint's point about Magna doesn't "sit well with him" and El Goosuki's following of RC's theory as proof was "crazy".

If he's not scum, I'll eat hitogoroshi and VP's hats. And I really don't want to eat their hats.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2065 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Benmage is a bad lynch today. The reason for lynching him is to protect a townie, but if he actually is town, we are wasting our LYNCH on a townie, just to save a player that COULD die tonight. Keep in mind the player we are trying to protect could be scum. There should be nobody voting him.

...However, kunkstar7 is a good person to vote. I would like to hear what people think of my points, or alternatively you could just vote him. :D
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2067 (isolation #34) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

I would like Benmage to follow through with his murder. I think an extra player dying tonight (who could be scum, a player that is actually suspicious, or a player that has at least been a distraction) is worth the advantage of having another confirmed town.

Trilobite, read the table again: warded is if a player was warded during the night, not if that player used ward. Wraith, I don't know why you gave me your night action, but I've added it:
Spoiler: Noise, Insanities, Blood, etc.
[/row][/cell]
PlayerNight 0Night 1
AndriusNoise: Yes
Night Action:
Ward: Benmage
Night Action: Warded Benmage
Reason for Insanity: Recieved fetish.
AurorusVoxNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
Baby SpiceNoise: No
Ward: MagnaofIllusion
Night Action: Warded MagnaofIllusion
Night Action:
BenmageNoise: No
Insanity Count: 1 [Suicidal]
Night Action: Stalked Fate
Reason for Insanity: Stalked Fate
Warded: Yes (Andrius)
Insanity Count: 2 [Suicidal, Obsession]
Night Action: Stalked somebody
Reason for Insanity: Stalked somebody
Nicodemus/BowserNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
El GoosukiNoise: Yes
Warded: Yes (Furcolow)
Night Action:
Warded: Yes (xvart)
Night Action: Investigated xvart
FateNoise: Yes
Night Action: Equipped Occult Books
Dead
FeysalNoise: No
FurcolowNoise: No
Ward: El Goosuki
Night Action: Warded El Goosuki.
Night Action: Searched for Rez Kit.
Furpants_TomNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
hitogoroshiNoise: Yes
Night Action:
Ward: Trilobite
Night Action: Warded Trilobite
kunkstar7Noise: Yes
Night Action:
Night Action:
Lost ButterflyNoise: Yes
Night Action:
Dead
MagnaofIllusionNoise: Yes
Warded: Yes (Baby Spice & xvart)
Night Action:
Night Action:
PlumNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
ReaperCharlieNoise: Yes
Warded: Yes (rewq455)
Dead
Wraith/rewq455Noise: Yes
Ward: ReaperCharlie
Night Action: Ward ReaperCharlie
Reason for Insanity: Recieved fetish
SeacoreNoise: Yes
Night Action:
Ward: Yes (Triglav)
Night Action: Warded Triglav
SpyreXNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
Nopoint/SSBFNoise: No
totallynotmafiaNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
TriglavNoise: No
Night Action:
Warded: Yes (Seacore)
Night Action:
TrilobiteNoise: No
Night Action:
Warded: Yes (hitogoroshi)
Night Action:
VasudeVaNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
VP BaltarNoise: Yes
Night Action:
Night Action:
WickedestjrNoise: Yes
Bloody:
Night Action:
Night Action:
Reason for Insanity: Protected from kill
manho/winglessNoise: No
Night Action:
Night Action:
xvartNoise: Yes
Ward: Yes (MagnaofIllusion)
Night Action:
Ward: Yes (El Goosuki)
Night Action:

Hmm... I may need to rethink MoI after reading VP Baltar's post, but I still suspect kunkstar7 more.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I don't like MoI's defense on page 85. Another thing making me reconsider my read of him.

I'll respond to kunkstar later.

Regarding the grave robbing. If we dispatch Fate, we'll have four graves to rob: Fate, ReaperCharlie, Lost Butterfly, and the Day 2 Lynch. I think I should rob the graves of Lost Butterfly and the Day 2 Lynch and Furcolow should rob the graves of Fate and ReaperCharlie. In addition, we should also have two other players robbing graves that we suspect to be cult or murderer. I think finding murderers will be hard considering we don't have any night actions results to help us out (if somebody does have information suggesting that somebody isn't an investigator, then I think they should claim it now), but finding/stopping the murderer is very important in this game specifically. This is true based on the reason I gave earlier: with one murderer in the game, two of the three conditions they have to fulfill to win they basically don't have to worry about. The only thing the murderer has to do to win is murder three times, so we only have four nights at minimum to stop them. My plan:

Fate - Robbed by Furcolow and Player A
ReaperCharlie - Robbed by Furcolow and Player B
Lost Butterfly - Robbed by Wickedestjr and Player A
Day 2 Lynch - Robbed by Wickedestjr and Player B

where Player A and Player B are the players we choose to rob graves. Me and Furcolow will know if those players didn't actually rob graves like they were supposed to, because we'll get equipment.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2162 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Posting from iPod:

1. Sotty7 mentioned the exact same problem I have with MoI's defense: he attacks his attacker. Looks to me like he's exhibiting the same type of defense techniques that he was attacking Furcolow.

2. # graves = # of grave robbers = # of potential murderers stopped, so more graves means more potential murderers stopped... So we should dispatch Fate.

3. I looked at kunkstar7's defense and he's still scum! I'll explain later.

I'll respond to Vas next.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2164 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

VasudeVa wrote:Also, Wickedest please comment on MoI/Kunk connections I have brought up. Thx.
I think you may have a good point about them being connected.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2187 (isolation #38) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

kunkstar7 wrote:Chalk it up to playstyle, game speed, whatever, I can't really provide a response to this.
I guess my point is you haven't really gotten into a battle/argument with somebody yet.
kunkstar7 wrote:I'll say that I wasn't particularly thrilled to go into this game again with Furcolow. I'll admit that I let my emotions rule my judgement towards Furcolow and I felt his mess of a N0 claim was a manifestation of his murderous intent.
1. When did you finally decide that Furcolow was town?
2. So, at the time you were voting him, you thought he was going murderer?
kunkstar7 wrote:How have I explicitly avoided taking stances? Or is it merely a lack of mention of stances?
You have avoided taking stances simply by not taking many...? Not sure what you meant by that question.
kunkstar7 wrote:Yes, I'll admit that I do have a lot of theory posting, but that's what I enjoy about Stars Aligned.
It's not that you are doing too much theory posting. My problem is that you are doing mostly only that. The ultimate goal of the game is to catch scum, so you should be doing that as well during the day. I mean, in a normal game without these complex mechanics to discuss, you are still able to scumhunt, right? What makes this game any different?
kunkstar7 wrote:My vote on Furcolow goes along with the previous point, not sure how it was opportunistic when Furcolow was playing horribly scummy and Percy's final clarification wasn't given to end the matter. Several players even voted Furcolow after myself, are they not opportunistic as well? Considering the lynch threshold I would argue against the opportunitistic claim of the El Goosuki vote, a third vote hardly constitutes a wagon. In any case El Goosuki has continued to display the issues that made me vote for them in the first place.
The vote for Furcolow was opportunistic, because he was the one getting all the attention at the time. Yes, some of the votes afterwards might've been opportunistic, but there are two reasons why I'm attacking you and not them:
1. All of your votes imo have been opportunistic.
2. There are multiple scum in this game. Just because several people may be opportunistic voting, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to attack any of them, because the point can be applied to others. Nice deflection attempt.
Regarding El Goosuki, the bandwagon may have only been three votes, but it was one of the biggest at the time of your vote.
kunkstar7 wrote:My D1 scumreads weren't strong, but fairly confident in townreads though. Most of its gut D1 for me. El Goosuki has continued to flounder and doesn't provide any input of their own, point in case - MoI vote.
50 pages into the game and you are resorting to gut? First of all, gut reads are better than no reads. Secondly, the points you brought up against those players which I called bad weren't gut based, and they were very weak reasoned. I find it hard to believe you didn't see any better material.

kunkstar7 could use some more votes.

Furpants_Tom wrote:Wicked; I'd prefer you to launder tonight as one of your actions. Remaining bloody means there's no way to check you for murderous tendencies on future nights, especially since you'll be building a stock of insanities anyway
No.
1. I think Launder is a useless night action this early in the game.
2. There are other potential murderers in this game.
3. I've upgraded my grave robbing plan:

Night 2: We go with the grave rob plan I brought up yesterday.
Night 3: We have three players who have yet to rob graves rob graves this night. (This is assuming there are three graves.)
Night 4: We have three players who have yet to rob graves rob graves this night. (This is assuming there are three graves.)

..and doing the same thing, following this pattern for nights 5 and 6. I realize this means that lots of people will have higher insanity counts and allows cult to get corpse dust, but preventing a large group of players from grave robbing can be very beneficial for two reasons:
1. It is likely that it will stop the murderer from murdering and delays their win condition.
2. It will give us information regarding who the murderer is: If we follow this plan and somebody is murdered night 3, then that means none of the SEVEN players that robbed graves nights 2 or 3 are murderers. Similarly, no murder night 3 and nobody claiming to have been protected from a kill is a strong indicator that somebody that was robbing graves is the murderer.

Regarding the two problems that also arise from this situation, I think they are easily avoidable.

Higher insanity counts shouldn't be too much of a problem in this case for two reasons:
1. We will be able to keep track of how many insanities each player should have, so there is still no place for cultists or murderers to hide.
2. A world in which everybody has at least two insanities is nearly the equivalent of a world in which we are all at square one. With lots of people having higher insanity counts,
they
can use commune to verify if a player has been doing things they shouldn't be.

Corpse dust isn't too problematic, but is more difficult to prevent. There are a few things to keep in mind though:
1. We choose who grave robs. We can have players that are unlikely scumpartners or very townish looking robbing graves to prevent scum from acquiring corpse dust.
2. If we have several players that we know are using forensic kits, we can force cultists to launder thus making killing without being caught a bit more difficult.

I know that this isn't something we really have to worry about now, but I think it is a good plan. Thoughts? The only problems are that it results in more focus on the murderer instead of cult (but we can be lynching cult during the day, like kunkstar7 and manho) and it could result in corpse dust a night or two. However, I think the importance of the benefits outweight these detriments.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2216 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

A couple comments:

1. About a week ago I realized something which I have kept forgetting to mention. Since if a murderer was trying to murder me they would've done it last night and because the cult wasted their fetish of me in their attempt to kill me, this means that even though I'm confirmed town,
it is almost impossible for me to die tonight. People with rez kits need to keep this in mind tonight. However, it would be a good idea for people to ward me to prevent me from dying the night after as well.

2. I skimmed the thread and noticed that nobody commented on my upgraded grave rob plan. I know that it isn't a topic that needs to be discussed right now, but I would still appreciate if it was commented on.

3. Glad to see the bandwagon on kunkstar7 is growing, but still not satisfied. He needs more votes! I would like to see what people think about him.

Manho and Triglav, what do you think of kunkstar7 so far?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2279 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

VP Baltar wrote:Um, I generally agree with your robbing plan wicked, though I still prefer my own incarnation of having town looking players cycling in and out of grave robbing while keeping the scummiest of the scum shut down permanently with robbing duties. I think my version is better at limiting the cult and yours is more geared toward shutting down murderers, so it's really a priority issue. If there were more apparent murderers on the table right now, I'd probably opt for yours. Right now, I'd rather deal with the cult though.
Normally I would put more focus on cult, but there is only one murderer in this game (unless one tried to kill me, in which case, we'll probably find out before my plan has done too much damage). This means that they only have one objective in this game as opposed to three: kill three times successfully. We could focus more on cult for grave robbing, but regardless of how well it turns out, we would lose if the murderer murdered three times. I remember the strategy last time being try to get rid of cult during the day and try to stop murderers during the night. Of course resuscitators will help with this, but we can't count on it and it won't be nearly as effective as my plan.
manho wrote:Wraith is scum, with kunkstar, for his IGMEOY but not vote in the last post.
What do you think of kunkstar individually?

Mod: Nicodemus switched their vote to kunkstar7.

The following players still need to give their opinions on kunkstar7:

Andrius
AurorusVox
Baby Spice
Benmage
El Goosuki
Feysal
hitorogoshi
MagnaofIllusion
Plum
Seacore
SpyreX
VP Baltar

Furcolow
, wanna vote kunkstar?

Triglav
, I do suspect Baby Spice, but kunkstar is currently distracting me. However, if we were to lynch him, I'd be more likely to have my vote there in the future. Baby Spice isn't attracting enough attention to be lynched. Kunkstar is. You'll either have to switch your vote to kunkstar or explain why we should switch our votes to Baby Spice. :P

Trilobite
, MoI has acted suspiciously, but at least he has made some attempt throughout the game to scumhunt. The same can't be said of kunkstar7.

Wraith
, you are voting El Goosuki for trying to fly under the radar, limited reasoning for votes, their first vote being at page 50, and uselessness. Flying under the radar can definitely be applied to kunkstar7. Uselessness can also be, considering most of his posting has consisted of theory. Kunkstar didn't switch his vote off of Furcolow until about page 50, AND the person he switched his vote to was the player with the bandwagon. He has given reasons for votes, but some of his suspicions have had really bad reasons.

xvart
, why not switch to the kunkstar bandwagon now?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2314 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

kunkstar7 wrote:1) It wasn't till Hito finally explained how the mod response was formulated to handle the exception that it made sense why Furcolow was confirmed.
2) His botch of a claim made it so it looked like he was lying, so either Cult or Murderer-in-training. The second was more likely because with daytalk it would be less likely for them to botch that claim.
1) Are you talking about this post?
2) Did you want him lynched.
3) Defense?
El Goosuki wrote:Nicodemus - 5 big fat scummy posts.
nopoint - 24 skinny posts.
Furpants_Tom - Other than verbal diarrhea, the guy seems alright.
Wickedestjr - This guy is goo-o-o-o-d. He's the one who made the case against kunkstar that everyone is riding.

totallynotmafia - Makes good point against kunkstar. He looks clean.
I don't know if you noticed, but I'm nearly confirmed town.

I'm starting to suspect El Goosuki less than before. My favorite bandwagons are probably kunkstar7 and MagnaofIllusion. Kunkstar7 for the reasons I brought up earlier. MagnaofIllusion hasn't really done anything suspicious, but I like everybody on his bandwagon and he's starting to annoy me a lot with the lack of scumhunting, bad defenses, playing to survive, and deflections. It looks too scummy for him actually to be scum, but he needs to start playing to win. Not playing to survive.

More later.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2452 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Still behind. I skimmed the thread and noticed Seacore's grave rob plan. I still think Furcolow should grave rob. The whole point is to have us do it, because we're both nearly confirmed town. Nobody else is confirmed town.

Also, just throwing it out there: Seacore, kunkstar7, and VP Baltar are probably not going murderer, because none of them did last game. Therefore, I don't think any of them should grave rob, because I still think focusing the grave robbing on murderers is the best decision.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2506 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

True, we have called kunk scummy and
he would be the only wagon we'd be willing to switch to
. Kunk pressuring Babyspice to give scum reads is pretty funny considering his play so far. His day one play in particular was horrid.

Right now however, MoI is our number one scum pick and leading the vote count.
We won't be switching.
???
1)He has flown under the radar
Meh, so have a lot of people. I'm not sold on this.
Well.. I wouldn't say a lot, and in addition, out of the five or six players that have, I'm guessing most of them are scum. Specifically these are the only players I had in mind:

Andrius
Feysal
kunkstar7
nopointinactingup
totallynotmafia
Trilobite

3)Avoids taking stances, talks about theory a lot
This was the main point of your case that made me want to read SAII. Looking back at that game, I only find this semi-valid here. He definitely talked about the setup a lot in that game and also spent noticeable portion of his posts talking about night actions/posting the night action table. I do think he's given very few stances in this game, but he wasn't exactly posting crazy amounts of good cases in the previous game either. I also noticed two other things on my iso of him in SAII: 1) the furc hate in this game was present in that game, however to a lesser degree. 2) kunk was more active in that game than this one. He did lurk some there, but I feel like he was at least posting consistently in that game.
Hmm... I guess you're right about that.
5)The reads he gives are weak
True, but this is a repetition of the not giving reads point.
I disagree. I think the two points are different. In fact, you have changed my mind regarding the third point, but not the fifth one. It's one thing to not take hardly any stances when there is a lot of information, but to take weak stances based on really bad points or opportunistic stances when there is a lot of information is even worse.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2552 (isolation #44) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

El Goosuki wrote:OMG Nicodemus made a post WITHOUT A VOTE!!!!

Why so shy, suddenly?
Is there anything he could have done to not have raised your suspicions? Because I'm sure if he had voted you would have still suspected him more.
Andrius wrote:WJR makes a good point about there being only one Murderer left, but when I considered (pre-game) going Murderer I decided that if I did I was to start late; aka, Stalk N1. So I think you're on the right path, but we'll be more certain after another night's reveals.
Two things.
1. I doubt anybody going murderer would actually wait until night 1 to start, because that makes winning about twice as hard, when it is already a difficult role to play. Tbe longer you wait to start murderering, the more people that will be dead when you start murderering which means more attention is on you due to a smaller pool of possible cult/murderers. Anybody that started murdering last night or still hasn't started, is almost definitely not going to win as murderer. There's also no reason for a murderer to wait to begin stalking/killing.
2. There are two grave rob plans which are being discussed right now. One of them is geared towards stopping murderers and the other plan is for focusing on cult. Both plans involve the same arrangement for grave robbing during this night, but not any of the other nights. However, and in conclusion (in case you didn't understand any of that), we will know if anybody is going murderer before we have to choose which factions we are focusing on.
Seacore wrote:Wicked: I think Wicked should grave rob twice, and I don't think Wicked needs to be backed up by anybody else, since he's the least likely to be cult.

@ Wicked, do you agree to this?
No. I agree with me grave robbing two graves tonight, but I don't think I should do it by myself. We need to prevent as many people as possible from performing their night actions if we want to stop the murderer from winning.
Seacore wrote:Benmage Benmage should single grave rob, I'd love him to double rob, but he's not going to agree to that.
What's the point of Benmage robbing one grave?
Seacore wrote:Thoughts?
I don't really like your plan. I really think we need to focus on the murderer with the grave robbing. We can and should try to lynch scum during the day. Murderers are going to be hard to find based on what they say in this thread, because their posting will be almost identical to if they were town. So, we have to stop them during the night, and it is extremely important in this case in particular, because there is only one which means winning is much easier for them.

Here is my idea for the grave robbing plan tonight:

ReaperCharlie - Furcolow & Andrius
Fate - Furcolow & Triglav
Lost Butterfly - Wickedestjr & Andrius
Day 2 Lynch - Wickedestjr & Triglav
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2554 (isolation #45) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I narrowed the playerlist down to five or six people that I thought could be going murderer and chose those two randomly.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2559 (isolation #46) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

There was a lot of POE involved. I doubt Benmage is going murderer because he pretty much ruined his chances by saying he stalked players. I doubt El Goosuki, Iecerint, kunkstar7, Seacore, or VP Baltar would be trying to become murderers because they didn't last game. I took off several players that I thought really looked like they were trying to find scum and didn't have any other agenda or didn't seem to care about their survival more than they should. I also took off some of my stronger suspects because cult can't become murderers. That left:

Andrius
Feysal
Nicodemus
nopointinactingup
Triglav
xvart

I don't see how my plan is silly. There is only one murderer which means they don't have to worry about getting rid of the other murderers or murderering the most players (which are two of the requirements for their win condition). That means all they have to do is murder three times successfully. It's one player out of 25 that we have to find/stop before day 6. We only have three nights to stop them unless we manage to get lucky and lynch them. Keep in mind, it doesn't matter if we have scum grave robbing every night and lynch them every day if the murderer murders three times. Finding murderers based on discussion alone during the day isn't going to be easy at all. Finding cult during the day is much easier. The best way to stop murderers is by using the grave robbing. Forensic kits, occult books, and resuscitation kits are great, but they don't stop kills (resuscitation kits could, but it involves trying to guess who is getting killed instead of preventing players' night actions). I don't even think that this plan is very harmful to us anyway. If we delay the murderer a few nights, then it won't be as big a problem and we can focus more on cult and in the process of trying to stop murderers, we'll probably stop several cult along the way.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2561 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Three more things:
1. I think Baby Spice and xvart both warding the same player is a null tell. The chances of two players warding the same people aren't really that astronomical.
2. I guess Fate was going murderer.
3. I think Nicodemus is town.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2562 (isolation #48) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

There
is
only one murderer. Otherwise there wouldn't be only one murder. If there are multiple murderers then we will find out before this plan causes any possible damage. They can't win until day 6 which seems like a long time from now, but in reality, that is only three nights that we have to stop them unless they die.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2615 (isolation #49) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I just realized a flaw in my previous grave rob plan and a way to make it a lot better. The whole point of the grave robbing from many PoVs are to stop cult. My grave rob plan is geared towards stopping as many potential murderers as possible from winning by night 6. For both these plans Furcolow shouldn't grave rob. We know he is almost confirmed town and we also know he didn't murder last night. The earliest he can win as murderer is night 6 whereas all the other players could win by night 5 if they were the murderer. Therefore we shouldn't have him grave rob and should instead focus on potential cult or players that could win as murderer by the end of night 5. The advantage of Furcolow grave robbing that many people have brought up is because he is confirmed town and we know that we won't let cult get corpse dust, but there is another way to ensure that cult don't get corpse dust. This looks like a better plan:

ReaperCharlie - Feysal and nopointinactingup
Fate - Feysal and nopointinactingup
Lost Butterfly - Wickedestjr and Andrius
Day 2 Lynch - Wickedestjr and Andrius

We know that at least one of Feysal and nopointinactingup protected me last night. So, at least one of them has to be town. This means that if they are robbing the same graves, cult don't get corpse dust. This is because even if one of them was scum, we know that the other would have to be town and would stop them from getting corpse dust. I am aware that I have changed my plan a lot, but I think this one is much better than the previous one. Thoughts?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2618 (isolation #50) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:36 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Seacore wrote:It was never confirmed, but given we asked any other successful Rezzer's to come forward there are three possibilities

1) Wicked was the attempted cult-kill
2) Wicked was an attempted murder, and cult tried to kill LB (but the murderer beat them to it)
3) Wicked is a cultist, and cult have done something dodgy.
#2 isn't a possibility. If both cult and a murderer tried to kill LB, then, unless somebody protected them, Percy would have said that they were killed by the ritual and murdered. If somebody had protected them, Percy would have said that they were killed by the ritual and wouldn't have mentioned a murderer. So, either me, Feyal, and nopointinactingup are all buddies who deliberitally didn't kill last night to confirm me as town, or cult tried to kill me and I was protected.
Trilobite wrote:There actually aren't any murderers yet. In order to become a murderer, one has to kill twice successfully.
Not true. A player can't become a murderer until they have gotten another insanity (psychopathy can't be the first insanity you choose). You don't have to wait until you have killed twice successfully to become a murderer, but if you do kill twice successfully you automatically become murderer if you weren't already. Also, what does it matter if a player waits until their second successful murder to take the murderer insanity? Because obviously prior to doing so they have committed theirselves to that win condition.
Trilobite wrote:It's not 3 nights, it's 6. To get to day 6, we'd have to go through 6 nights, and the mod FAQ even says it would take 6 nights.
I'm talking about from this point onwards. We have night 2, night 3, and night 4 to try and stop the murderer using the grave robbing.
VP Baltar wrote:It would actually be night 5, but same difference. I think cult should take priority atm. Right now I think the best way to catch the murderer out is occult books by people with zero insanities atm. If we still don't have a clue tomorrow or the next day, then murderer needs to be number one priority. Just my two cents.
I believe it will be too late by then. We have three nights to stop them with grave robbing. If we don't start until two days from now that gives us one shot to stop murderers with grave robbing, and the maximum number of people we can prevent from potentially winning as murderer by then would be 3 or 4.
Feysal wrote:While I understand your concern about the murderer, I'm not sure what the best method for hunting him down would be. The odds of us being able to delay the murderer even by a single night are quite low, but at least we can clear some players of suspicion that way.
We have three nights to use the grave robbing on murderers. Over the course of those three nights we will probably have about ten players that need grave robbing and that means ten grave robbers. Ten out of 25 players that have been prevented from murderering are pretty good odds. If we choose people that we think will be alive three days from now, then that would be ten out of 15 players. We also have forensic tools, resuscitation kits, and occult books to use to increase those odds. A few nights from now, we will have a very good idea of who the murderer is if we haven't successfully prevented them from killing.
Iecerint wrote:Is there no way to jump to a specific page? Going over manually is extremely tedious.
Two ways. At the top of the screen, beside the page numbers there is blue text that says "Page ___ of 105" Click on it, type in the page number you want to go to, and that'll take you there. Alternatively, if you forgot what page you were on, you could look through somebody's iso find a post that you remember reading recently, click on the small white button beside the post number and that'll also do the job. Hopefully that helps.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2799 (isolation #51) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

CD3
Username:
Wickedestjr
Did you Hear Noise?
No
Did you Ward? If so, who?
No
Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions?
I chose rob grave and gained the Suicidal insanity.
List all of the insanities you currently have:
Twitchy and Suicidal
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No
Were you murdered?
No
Did you Commune or Investigate?
Yes
Twitch?
No
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2801 (isolation #52) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I have some serious catching up to do.

I chose Suicidal, because I'm not expecting to get lynched before end game or survive that long for that insanity to do any harm.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2872 (isolation #53) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:56 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

VP Baltar wrote:Why are you not revealing the results of your investigation?
Percy forgot to tell me, so I had to remind him and wait for him to respond with the result. Andrius isn't bloody.
Benmage wrote:Wicked also had a insanity infraction if what he says is truth.
Why?
VP Baltar wrote:Actually, why did you cut out that part specifically to avoid answering your investigation?
Just ftr, I copied the questions from Feysal's post.
VP Baltar wrote:Furthermore, PEOPLE SHOULD FOLLOW THE PLAN. It's there for a reason. You're now an endgame liability Wicked. Good job.
If cult decide to never kill me, I'll be a confirmed townie that survives to the end.
Benmage wrote:Wickedestjr without naming what. Did you get anything from LB's corpse?
Yes.

Who still needs to claim if they rezzed SpyreX or not? I'm inclined to believe that Benmage actually tried to kill SpyreX and I wouldn't be very surprised if SpyreX was cult.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2878 (isolation #54) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

hitogoroshi wrote:sounds awfully suspect. I could very easily see you mentioning such in your first post (waiting on results from Percy or something like that) or even not posting at all until the results come in (that's what I'd do.) I simply can't imagine posting "yes" without an explanation as to why you have no result.
I would have said something had I realized the "If so, who?" was part of the question.
hitogoroshi wrote:You gained an insanity so you needed to twitch. [kindatinfoil]Unless you never gained that insanity because your cultbuddy ElG got the dust and you didn't graverob at all. That explains your sloppy pick of suicidal; you didn't pick an insanity at night but just rattled one off in the claim post[/kindatinfoil]
I thought twitching was only if I heard noise. My bad. I forgot being bloody or gaining insanities caused that too.
hitogoroshi wrote:Why? If you look at the claim posts, almost everyone had the "(these are poor n1 choices)" because they were copying either directly from the reference or from the player above them. This sounds an awful lot like you just looked backwards for someone else who didn't have the "if so, who and what result?".
I didn't have any reason to read all the claim posts. I had limited time, scrolled through page 111 to find a random player's answers that I could just quote and edit in my own. I can prove that I had limited time. When I gave my answers I said I had some serious catching up to do. If I had had time to do any catching up, I would've posted it in the same day. My next post was a day afterwards. Why are you even bothering me about this? What motivation do I have as cult to remove one of the questions and answer a few days late?
hitogoroshi wrote:You're not a confirmed townie.Scum could have ritualed and rezzed one of their own. Costly and unlikely, sure. But you're getting awfully aggressive with this confirmed status and it's starting to feel to me like the bravado of a scum who "knows" he's surviving to the end.
I thought it was established that I was nearly confirmed town. Sorry. I also don't see how I am being so aggressive with that stance. How often do I say I'm confirmed town for no good reason or to defend myself? Not at all I don't think. I think you are seriously overexaggerating.
hitogoroshi wrote:Also, you're missing the point on suicidal. If you really are a townie, you make LYLO happen a day earlier because the scum can daytalk gang-up and all vote you at once.
I think that having a nearly confirmed townie in the game until the end is a much greater benefit than what could POTENTIALLY bring the town to LyLo a day earlier. Potentially, because if we were in MyLo and not LyLo, this wouldn't be a problem.
hitogoroshi wrote:Why wouldn't you be very surprised if Spyrex was cult?
He's one of the several that I don't have a very good town read on.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2879 (isolation #55) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

VP Baltar wrote:This is starting to be like talking to Furc. You guys really need to get over your 'I'm confirmed town, therefore I know better than everyone else' mentality because you're wrong.
Please show me where I have said something like this.
VP Baltar wrote:I agree with this. I don't see why you'd post without your full results first. The first thing I would have done is talk to Percy.
I read my night 2 result pm, answered the questions and didn't realize I hadn't heard the result from my investigation until I was almost finished with the questions. I wasn't going to keep those answers to myself for another day when there was no reason to.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2957 (isolation #56) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:22 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Nicodemus and AurorusVox still need to claim if they rezzed SpyreX. I like nopoint's point about Feysal and may move my vote there. Also, I don't want to lynch El Goosuki.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3149 (isolation #57) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I forgot the possibility that Furpants rezzed SpyreX. It seems a bit unlikely, but it's not impossible. I also read Feysal's defense, and it makes sense. I don't want to lynch El Goosuki, so...
Vote: kunkstar7
I'll go back to this alternative.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5571 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

VP Baltar wrote:You know what would have been totally awesome...wickedestjr dying. WAY TO NAME 80% OF THE SCUM TEAM YOU JERK. :P
:D
Wickedestjr wrote:Top 7 suspects:

kunkstar7
SpyreX
Triglav

manho
El Goosuki
totallynotmafia

Baby Spice

Possible scum:

Feysal

xvart
Nicodemus

Neutral:

nopoint (as AV pointed out, he isn't actually confirmed town)
Furpants_Tom
Wraith

VP Baltar

Might be town:

Benmage
MagnaofOIllusion
Seacore

Andrius

hitogoroshi
VasudeVa
Trilobite

Probably town:

AurorusVox
Plum
nopoint
Lost Butterfly
Furcolow
Fate
ReaperCharlie
Wickedestjr
Yes! :)

Thoughts:
*Congratulations town!
*Andrius and VP both played very well for scum.
*Thanks Percy and Vi for a very fun game!
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5590 (isolation #59) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

For the record, I may have already said in the Dead Players QT, but I didn't actually take suicidal.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5596 (isolation #60) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Seacore wrote:So you were town that lied?
Or you were planning on heading murderer?
I was town that lied. I had actually gotten an insanity, I just lied about which one I got. In addition to not getting nightkilled, I also thought I might be able to catch scum who try to speed lynch me, and I was nearly confirmed at that stage, so I didn't see any big disadvantages.
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”