/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:28 am

Post by iamausername »

Nearly done with my full-on catch up post, just Vas and Troll/Adumbro left to scrutinise, but I've got to leave for work. I'll finish up when I get back and share the fruits of my labour with you, but for now, have some pretty colours.
Patrick wrote:
Hoopla
(11) --
Papa Zito, Amished
, mith, Plumegranate,
Elmo
, Seraphim, DrippingGoofball, Rhinox,
Kmd4390
, SpyreX,
Hoopla

VasudeVa (1) --
populartajo

zoraster
(2) -- ooba, VasudeVa
Papa Zito
(1) -- Zorblag
Kmd4390
(2) --
Herodotus
, ekiM
DrippingGoofball (1) --
zoraster

Not Voting: SaintKerrigan, Ellibereth
Patrick wrote:VasudeVa (2) -- ooba, AdumbroDeus
ooba (1) --
iamausername

DrippingGoofball (1) --
zoraster

Seraphim (1) -- My Milked Eek
zoraster
(9) -- ekiM, Plumegranate, Rhinox, SpyreX, DrippingGoofball,
Kmd4390
Elmo
, mith,
Herodotus

mith (1) -- VasudeVa

Not voting: Ellibereth, Seraphim
Ellibereth ended both days with no vote out there. This is Not Good.

Also,
D1:
mith
Palumporom
, Seraph,
DGB
Rhinox
Spyrex

D2: ekiM,
Palumporom
Rhinox
Spyrex
DGB
mith

Bound to be at least one scum in the bolded, probably two. SPOILER ALERT: It's DGB and Rhinox.

VOTE: Ellibereth
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by iamausername »

I sympathise with my predecessor's lack of interest in the D0 discussion, because it is pretty impenetrable, and if I were scum here, I'd probably just argue my real opinions about which scum roles were best for town, so I think trying to figure out alignments based on those arguments is pretty futile. So forgive me if I overlook something significant in that phase.

(Zito did some really dumb stuff later on that made me facepalm, however)

DrippingGoofball

Post #286 - DGB's infamous gambit. Her explanation of what exactly she was looking for reaction-wise makes sense to me, and I don't particularly see what she'd get out of doing this as scum. I know most people, even those who think DGB is town, have decried this gambit as anti-town, but I'm not sure I agree. In the long run, I think the decision of which power roles we gave to scum will have an absolutely miniscule effect on the outcome of the game, considering that in all possible scenarios, we would know what we were dealing with, so I'm wildly indifferent to the fact that DGB unintentionally caused the janitor selection, and I think there is genuinely useful information to be gleaned from the reactions she generated.

Post #346: Concerned about this. Not because there's anything wrong with the post itself - she's right that zor's attitude here is anti-town at best - but because it doesn't stack up at all with Post #296, where Rhinox makes essentially the same post as zor, and DGB has no such negative reaction.

Post #526 & #527: Huge cognitive dissonance in DGB suggesting that zor is a tunneling townie being exploited while continuing to vote zor, and apparently never wavering in her insistence that he is scum.

Post #695: I don't like this vote, because there was still an equal chance of a zor wagon taking off at this point, which according to Post #606 would be a dream come true for DGB. (This post, note, comes AFTER the above "exploited townie" posts). There is nothing natural about this shift in opinion on zor.

Post #761: Wait what? This is the same tajo and Amished who were exploiting a tunneling townie (who was actually obvscum, until he wasn't). Like, I know DGB has a reputation for being incomprehensible, but seriously... what?

Besides continuing the impressive lack of natural progression in her reads, there is no reason I can think of for town to make this post.

Post #879: But of course, if Vas is town, he would still an irresistable target for scum votes, no? This post bothers me, because it seems like it is designed to subtly implant the idea in everyone's minds that not voting Vas is a town tell, without having to sully herself with actually defending him. That seems like a much better position for a partner of Vas to be in than either bussing OR defending her buddy.

Post #904: Compare and contrast with Post #826. There's a world of difference between "Elmo is town" and "Lynching Elmo is a bad play regardless of his alignment", which would be my respective interpretations of "I got my Elmo love back" and "mith is right" here.

Post #962: Seraph's scenario is absurd, no doubt. I'm not seeing how that equates to Seraphscum though. I mean, it's clearly born of frustration more than anything else - it's so obviously implausible that I can't see Seraph cooking it up and expecting it to convince anyone without being blinded by his frustration at the resistance to Vas being lynch. And in my experience it's far more likely that that frustration would stem from town who thinks they've caught scum than from scum who just can't get that mislynch going. Because there's always plenty of other mislynches around, but there's rarely an overabundance of obvscum.

Post #1161: Compare and contrast with Post #1060. If the ignorance is clearly not fake, then what makes it so scummy that votes need no further explanation?

Post #1180: Yeah, so, this and her inexplicable hop on the Hoopla wagon remind me powerfully of roflcopter's scum play in the last /in-vitational I played - pick a scummy-looking townie, push against them whenever the opportunity arises, but always find a convenient excuse to lynch someone else by the end of the day so you still have that scummy-looking townie to fall back on. rofl did it with Kmd there, and I'm pretty sure DGB tried to do it with zor here.

ekiM

Post #602: OK, his unvote on Hoopla gives me good vibes. I think scum-ekiM would have had no trouble coasting on that one at the time, and his reasoning feels genuine.

Post #603: This would be a much more worthwhile question if tajo had been town in that game, I think, but I like where he's coming from nonetheless.

Post #850: Yes yes yes. This is righteous :goodposting:.

Post #1110: Huh. I would definitely like to see further elaboration on what exactly DGB said that made sense and changed your mind, ekiM.

I would also like further elaboration of ekiM opinions in general, actually, because he's looking pretty under the radar so far. Decidedly lacking in commentary on players who haven't been major wagons.

Ellibereth

Post #33: Heh, me too. Though they couldn't give more than two of the same role, so it couldn't happen.

Post #458: This is both true and not something scumElli would have a lot of motivation to point out.

Post #702: Hmm. At first this struck me as obviously town, because I figured that since scum used the Janitor, they obviously hadn't picked up on Hoopla's intentions, so when Elli recognises that Hoopla is delberately drawing the lynch, logically, this must come from town. But then I wonder if this might actually be a pretty likely post from scum who DID pick up on Hoopla's breadcrumb, but didn't realise that the town would find it so convincing. He is, after all, espousing the idea that scum would want to sacrifice a member just to cause a little confusion here, which means it must not have occured to him how ridiculous that is. Also noting that he's been eerily silent on the matter since Hoopla made her big reveal.

Post #752: Does anybody know why Elli was voting ekiM for most of D2? Does anyone remember him making any attempt to actually get this lynch to happen?

Post #912: Really, with how frequently Elli keeps on bringing up tajo's suspicions, I am finding it hard not to suspect that he made that kill so that he could pursue this line of thought. It's like the only thing he talks about on D2.

Post #956: Oh, besides randomly declaring Vas to be town, even though he was on tajo's shortlist. Whut.

Post #1227: Strongly dislike this "I bet zor is town" after doing shit all to prevent his lynch. It's just tacky.

Basically, everyone who is getting on Vas's case for being worthless should take the time to read Elli in iso and see if you like what you find there. His D2 play was appalling.

Kmd4390

Confirmed tracker, not going to waste my time analysing his posts.

mith

Post #430: The fact that he argues against the popular case against one of his top suspects is a point in mith's favour, I think. If we was looking for a mislynch here, that would be a pretty counterintuitive move.

Post #690: I thoroughly enjoy the browbeating here. I don't think it's particularly indicative of alignment, but I do enjoy it.

Post #754: This super town read on Hero, and particularly the fact that it contradicts #744 where mith agrees with Hoopla's suspicion on Hero, definitely seems more likely to come from town mith to me.

Yeah, there's nothing scummy here. mith is a damn good player, I know, but I think if he was scum there'd be something somewhere that felt off, even something I could put my finger on, and there just isn't.

My Milked Eek/Saint Kerrigan/My Milked Eek

Post #451: I really don't see scum making this post. If this is feigned ignorance, then I have to say that MME is an impressive actor.

Post #861: The thoughts on Seraphim here just strike me as genuine.

Post #941: And the further elaboration here, too. I'm not sure I find the case convincing, but I sure as hell believe that Kerrigan does.

That's all. I hope MME gets his head in the game soon (or out of entirely to be replaced by someone else who can get their head in the game), because he's clearly town, but he's really not doing a lot to help as of yet.

ooba

Post #866: I like his point about Vas not following up on his questions a lot.

Post #1236: This is odd, because I really don't see mith/DGB as bussing. DGB is scum, sure. mith is scum, well, if you're having the same failure of comprehension as Kmd I can see how you might think this. But the two of them together? Not seeing it.

I... really don't have a lot to say about ooba. There's nothing much that sticks out either way to me. I think he's likely town, because there's enough genuinely scummy players out there to make a full scum team and then some, but it would be nice to have something that really cemented that read.

Plumegranate

Post #668: Lotta good stuff in here. Denying the zor 'slip' is good times, the rambling second paragraph looks like a genuine thought process to me, this sentence here: "Not sure yet how to tell when shameless self-declared sheeping is a scumtell, though." also strikes me as powerfully town.

Post #734: Liking her point on ekiM here.

Post #834: The particular wording of "Vig shoots Elmo tonight is obv the best plan." seems highly unlikely to come from scum, who would know that Elmo was vig.

Post #922: First paragraph here is another bit that reads as highly genuine to me.

So yeah, on the whole, I would be very very surprised if Palumporom here turned out to be scum. Strongest town read (besides Kmd, obv).

Rhinox

Post #293: Pretty damn horrible. Both the idea in itself and the wording of this post are super scummy to me. "I'm just going to tunnel on you until one of us is dead
based on the idea
that this was a scum gambit designed to influence which roles the town gave to scum." That's not the way that someone who actually believed in what he was saying would word that post, I don't think.

Post #649: Yeesh, to all of this. Yeah, you didn't say tajo's list was random, you said it was no better than random. Spyrex points out exactly why this is scummy and just gets a meaningless buzzword in response.

"I'm not seeing why zoraster is earning votes, but maybe I've missed that part of the thread." - Wouldn't your first instinct as a townie, faced with someone receiving a significant number of votes that you don't understand, be to maybe try to find out a reason for those votes? Maybe read the part of the thread that you somehow missed, maybe ask the voters for their reasons? Not so Rhinox, he seems to be content to just let it be.

Post #682: "The misrep is that you are arguing that I'm trying to discredit tajo's list by comparing it to a list of 6 random names."

Yeah, I mean that's totally not wh-

"I don't know if you meant this as a joke or serious, but you realize that mathematically, if you pick any random 6 people in a 20 player game in which there are 4 scum, there is an 80% chance that at least 1 of those 6 players are scum.
Unless you feel being prodded is a scum tell, you might as well have picked 6 names at random.
"

OK, but maybe-

"ok Spy, humor me then. Why is Tajo's list better than a list of 6 random names?"

Yeah, no. I got nothing.

Post #842: Wooow, this reaction to Hero's "I saw Hoop's breadcrumb" post is just awful. Like seriously, "I think you're town for now, but thats what scum you wants me to think, right?" Why would you ever say this as town?

Post #880: Imagine for a moment that you are Rhinox, and you are scum with DGB and Vas. Would you be able to resist making this post?

Post #929: Given that the answer to "what changed?" is both obvious, and stated clearly in the post where ooba voted Vas, this is a pretty horrible excuse for a wagon.

Post #1000: Is that an "ooba is scum no matter what Vas flips" post? I think it is. Oh boy.

Post #1046: This 'circumstantial evidence' business gives me the shivers. It's real "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" stuff, he's downplaying the importance of the argument a lot, trying to put it beyond scrutiny by saying that it's just a curiosity that he'll be "interested to see if it's valid in the postgame", but he never actually gets to the point of saying that it's not valid.

Slicey/Seraphim

Post #568: That's not what an appeal to emotion is, Seraphim.

Post #692: This post gives me a bad feeling. Overexplaining yourself in this way is a symptom of scum being overly concerned about appearing consistent.

Post #730: This also does not feel like a town reaction to Hoopla's revelation. He doesn't seem surprised to learn that Hoopla had some kind of cunning plan going on so much as he seems relieved to have an answer to the puzzle of what Hoopla's cunning plan is.

Post #938: Seraph finally stops tunneling on Vas for a second to discuss other scum. What exactly makes the idea of a DGB/Vas/Rhinox team ridiculous? The fact that they're being too obvious about it? I invite you to take a look at the scum play in /in-vitational 4.

Post #950: I was liking this post a lot until I get to the end. "I don't see how you've proven that I'm scum."?? Well, no shit. You don't make cases to empirically
prove
that someone is scum, and you also don't make cases expecting to convince the person you are making the case against. This just seems like an incredibly weird thing for a townie to say.

Post #953: No, what? "You have done X, Y and Z scummy actions, therefore I think you're scum" "But you haven't connected those actions!!" The connection is that they are all scummy, ergo you are scum. I mean, this is really basic stuff, isn't it? It's not just me?

Post #963: Oh hey, Seraphim can actually react to things in a way that seems genuine. Good to know.

Post #967: This is really lame dirt-flinging. If you wanted to pursue that as a point against DGB, you'd have done it D1.

Post #1196: I do believe that Seraph is having the same failure of comprehension as Kmd on this one. Unlike with DGB, I think that by the he made this vote, it was clear that the supposed slip from mith wasn't going to draw in enough townies to be worth exploiting for scum, so I don't think Seraphscum would have any reason to feign this misunderstanding.

SpyreX

Post #545: Liking any and all parts of this post. Well, the parts that I understand, anyway. I've got no idea what the color coded vote counts are about or how they make Zito town. I don't have a problem with that conclusion, obviously, I just have no idea where it came from.

Post #562: Oh, OK. That makes sense.

Yeah, Spy's town. I'm not going to bother pointing out every individual post that makes me think this, but basically anyone who pursues Rhinox with this much vigour despite a whole lot of indifference gets in my good books. He loses track of this when Vas earns his ire, but that's totally understandable, because Vas is playing like he has been mechanically engineered to earn SpyreX's ire.

VasudeVa

Post #81: For once I'm not going to skip past the D0 stuff, because I want everyone to take a look at the well reasoned and articulate posts he made in that phase and see how well it fits in with the LOL VI behaviour he's been displaying since... well, since people started calling him a VI. This is strong evidence to suggest that mith is totally on the money on this one, I think.

Post #414: And again, even in the early parts of D1, Vas was really not playing to the meta that he'd later be excused with.

Post #553: I'm impressed with the incredible vagueness of this accusation.

Post #576: I'm also impressed with the ridiculous hair splitting here. "I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about
your case
!" WTF is the difference?

Post #579: This post I actually like. I think that would be a very reasonable theory for someone who was convinced that Hoopla was scum to come out with.

Post #626: This I agree with too. Even if Vas is scum, I don't think it's likely that his behaviour stems from scumbuddy coaching. It seems pretty clear to me that this is a concious choice that Vas has made by himself, while his hypothetical scumbuddies shrugged and let him get on with it since it seems to be working for him. I think the whole coaching thing is a pretty big red herring.

Post #676: And then Vas pisses the goodwill away by coming out with an even more ridiculous theory about coaching. Short of literally writing your posts for you, which I can't imagine anyone being willing to do or have done for them, there's really a pretty negligible amount that coaching could actually do to help you avoid being wagoned.

Post #801: So here are all those questions that Vas never bothers to follow up on, thus indicating that he doesn't actually care about the answers. Well spotted, ooba.

Post #836: This post contains a tacit admission that Vas was not trying to be useful before, which belies his repeated cries of "But I AM scumhunting!"

Post #927: This post throws me off. I do believe that Vas is telling the truth when he says that he'd thought of Palumporom's point about the potential for viging before, but didn't want to bring it up himself because it would get shot down with WIFOM bullshit. That reads as genuine for sure. In itself, that's not alignment indicative, because Vas would have just as much interest in seeing that point raised taken seriously regardless of his alignment. BUT: if scumVas wanted someone else to present that thought, he has an obvious avenue to affect that, and given all the 'coaching' and 'daytalking' posts he made earlier, I struggle to believe that he wouldn't think of that avenue. And I really don't think Palumporom is his scumbuddy. Hmm.

Zorblag/AdumbroDeus

Post #440: iam finds it bothersome that Troll concludes that he no would have problem with a DGB lynch and indeed votes for DGB at the end of this post even though Troll clearly states the he no has problem seeing DGB pulling her gambit as town, and he no has any other points against her that aren't related to her gambit.

Post #482: iam also finds it bothersome that Troll seems to no be against any of the wagons that were going on on D1. It look like Troll be hedging his bets to iam.

A SPECTRUM

Kmd

Palumporom
MME

SpyreX
mith
ooba

ekiM
Adumbro
Vas
Seraphim

Elli

DGB
Rhinox

But also; DGB/Rhinox pairing is so strong that a town flip on one would probably cause a drastic change of opinion on the other. And a scum flip from both would move Vas right to the bottom of the list. Seraphscum is mutually exclusive with both Vas and DGB scum (and so pretty much Rhinox scum too, by extension).

VOTE: Rhinox
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by iamausername »

Rhinox wrote:3) Throwing out a thought - KMD not blocked equals second vig? No need to discuss in detail as even though scum already know the answer, the discussion could provide clues to identify. Just thought it was worth mentioning to keep in consideration.
mith wrote:Agree with Rhinox's point 3 that a second Vig remains a possibility, and that Kmd unblocked lends weight to that possibility, and that we shouldn't discuss this in detail - if we have a second Vig, we will likely know it for certain tonight.
I have thoughts about this, but I think it's better to keep them to myself right now. As should everyone else.
Rhinox wrote:elli section:
Post #458: This is both true and not something scumElli would have a lot of motivation to point out.
Zorblag actually pointed out the MME lack of reading first, in this post, so I don't think this is really a point in favor for elli, and in fact should be listed as a point in favor for troll.
No, because Troll made no mention of what this said for MME's alignment. Pointing out that MME was paying no attention is a null tell, because that was both blindingly obvious and not particularly against scum's interest to point out anyhow. Pointing out that MME's cluelessness was a pretty big town tell in that situation is less obvious, and something that scum would have considerably less inclination to say.
Rhinox wrote:This is not just about plume, but with the possibility of a second vig in play, this is not necessarily something scum would avoid suggesting.
True, I hadn't thought of that.
Rhinox wrote:This accusation is pretty damn horrible. A) this was just me expressing a bit of rage at the turn of events that led to the hammer of a role I felt was not optimal based on bad information, and B) that's not how I acted at all in the game, so...? and C) which is an extension of B), if it sounded like I didn't believe what I was saing in that post, it would be because
I didn't actually intend to act on what I was saying in that post
, as evidenced by completely ignoring it happened ever since, and not actually acting how I said I was going to.
Right, I meant to complete that thought later on; the fact that you never actually followed through on this, in addition to the highly artificial tone I picked up from the wording, makes me think the whole thing was just staged as a little piece of distancing between you and DGB.

I think it's very interesting that you freely admit that you had no intention of acting on what you were saying there, rather than claiming to have changed your mind later. What made you think it was a good idea to make a completely insincere post like that?
Rhinox wrote:This issue has really been moot for a while now, and tajo is dead and town, but if this is going to be held against me, these are the points that need to be proven true:

1) All the players on tajo's list were lurkers.
2) There were no other lurkers outside of tajo's list.
3) At least 1 scum is/was likely to be lurking.

The core of the issue is/was that I did not believe any of those 3 points were accurate.
Really, not even #3?
Rhinox wrote:I would think a townie who suspected me of not reading parts of the thread to ask me a question like "Hey Rhinox, why are there parts of the thread you're missing", or "Why didn't you read back and try to figure that out" before automatically assuming the answer, where as scum looking to attack a townie would assume an answer to twist an innoculous statement into something scummy.
Haha, nicely done.

So, when nobody did seem to pick up on your subtle attempt at requesting an explanation for the zor votes, why did you not make the request more bluntly?
Rhinox wrote:I never used that to actually try to build a case on hero or get him mislynched - in fact, pretty consistent all of D2 that I felt hero was town - so I'm not too sure what I'm actually being attacked for here. So now its my turn to ask you - what about my reaction was awful? Why was it not something I should say as town?
Yeah, no, because you knew you had no case there. The whole thing smacks of scum being irritated that a townie has confirmed themselves, basically.
Rhinox wrote:
Post #1000: Is that an "ooba is scum no matter what Vas flips" post? I think it is. Oh boy.
Sure was. What's your point?
Brainfart. My point is totally invalid. "X is scum no matter what Y flips" is a phrase that always sets off alarm bells, because I've seen it in the past coming from scum
who are voting for Player Y
. But since you weren't in any way pushing a Vas lynch while saying this, the tell doesn't apply here.
Rhinox wrote: Summary of thoughts of iam's list of points against me: It feels as if iam created this list by starting with a goal of proving I was scum and manipulating some of my quotes into supporting that conclusion, rather than reading me and coming to the conclusion that I am scum afterwards.
Some of this would stem from the way I went about getting caught up on the thread; I read through the whole thing first, to get some initial reads and to make sure I'd have an idea of the context before I went about reading each player in iso and commenting on them. So I did have a scum read on you before writing any of that post (Elli, on the other hand, totally passed me by on my initial readthrough, it wasn't until I read all his posts in one block that I saw how terribly he has been coasting).
Rhinox wrote:I find it odd that you bring up overexplaining here, but don't mention anything of mith's responses to the accusations against him at the end of the day yesterday. Specifically, the abcd... logic train list, as well as the extended football metaphor fall well in the realm of "way overexplaining", although in a different context, I admit.
The context is important. The thing that makes Seraph's overexplaining scummy where mith's is not is that Seraph's explanations were totally unsolicited, wheras mith has only been overexplaining in response to Kmd being boneheaded and completely impervious to logic.
Rhinox wrote:Now this is interesting... using a game in which none of us are even involved in as meta-evidence to support your idea of a scum group? Thats pretty scummy.
HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION:

Bob says "Sally said the word "pie", which scum would never do!"
Zoe links him to a previous game of hers, which neither Bob nor Sally were involved in, where scum player George said the word "pie".

Please explain in 500 words or fewer why Zoe is scum in this situation.

(p.s. If any of you
had
been involved, you'd know that it failed pretty epicly for them, so I'd imagine you'd be less inclined to do it. :D)
Rhinox wrote:I've said before that hoopla and VV are not the type of targets I generally see town-spyrex go after.
I think RayFrost's play D2 in Flash Mafia is definitely comparable to Vas here, right up to having legions of fools convinced that he was town for no good reason. I know, because I was one of those fools. :oops: And I recall Spyrex gunning pretty hard for him.

Oh hey, and this time it's a game you
were
involved in, too!
Rhinox wrote: Do you think any of troll's D0 play is indicative of his allignment?
I hope not! (I haven't read much of it. Image)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:18 am

Post by iamausername »

Kmd4390 wrote:
THIS IS EXACTLY IT
. I don't agree that it makes any sense at all for zoraster to play dumb on that issue. Therefore, I don't see it as a strong enough possibility for you to dismiss your town point on zoraster. This makes the fact that you voted him scummy.
But it's not the reason why mith dismissed his town point on zoraster. The town point was "surely scum would know what was going on", this was dismissed because "surely town would also know what was going on", not because "but scum might lie!"

mith has already said this over and over, I don't understand why you can't get this.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:09 am

Post by iamausername »

Kmd4390 wrote:Therefore, either alignment
should
know what is going on.
This is the key point. If either alignment would definitely know what is going on, but zoraster claims not to know, zoraster must be lying. And if zoraster is lying, he's scum.

Now, obviously, it's not totally definite. But nonetheless, while zoraster being scum pretending not to know is a fairly remote possibility,
so is zoraster being scum or town who genuinely doesn't know
. And given that zoraster claims not to know, one of these unlikely possibilities must be true. You can't just say that "zoraster lying is so unlikely that it should be dismissed". You have to say that "zoraster lying is so much less likely than zoraster somehow not noticing Kmd's claim that it should be dismissed". And I just don't see that that's so self-evident that mith can't possibly believe the opposite.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:34 am

Post by iamausername »

Alright, we can do it this way around.

VOTE: DrippingGoofball
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by iamausername »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
I'm calling the scum team right now.

PlumPom

SpyreX

I know I'm town
I have a town-boner for Rhinox
Mike
/mith/
PZ
(out of these three, PZ and Mike are the sketchiest, mith &I are different animals but I think he's the towniest of the three).
DrippingGoofball wrote:
TOTALS:

14 PlumPom 2 3 3 3 3
13.5 Spy 2 3 3 2.5 3
11 DGB 2.5 3 2.5 3
9 Rhinox 3 3 3
8.5 Mike 2.5 3 3
8 mith 2 3 3
8 Seraph 3 2.5 2.5

8 PZ 2 3 3
7 KMD 2 2.5 2.5
5.5 VV 3 2.5
5 oo 2.5 2.5
2.5 Troll/Adumbro 2.5 (anomalous, Troll lurking)
?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:50 am

Post by iamausername »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Oh I see... that's a clerical error.

Mike/mith/PZ

should indeed read:

Mike/mith/PZ/Seraphim
That's all you have to say about it? A "clerical error"? I mean, you spent a fairly significant period of D2 trying to lynch Seraphim. Even if you changed your mind later, I'd think that if you'd actually had legitimate suspicion of him previously, his name would stand out to you when he showed up with a high score on your votecount analysis.
VasudeVa wrote:I'm consistently wondering why mith is still alive and not scum-NK'd. Why would scum kill tajo and Herodotus over mith? Tajo, I'd understand as a PR read-NK(due to the lurking). But obv-VTHerod over obv-VT(if Town) mith?
Yeah, scum didn't kill Hero. Nice try.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:59 am

Post by iamausername »

VasudeVa wrote:I do not comprehend.
I find that difficult to believe.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:08 am

Post by iamausername »

EXACTLY.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

Fate wrote:
DGB
I R HIDER
I'm... going to need a bit more than that, I'm afraid.
ooba wrote:1256: @iam
Why did you vote elli over one of "Palumporom, Rhinox, Spyrex, DGB, mith"?
Because I thought it would help draw attention to Elli, which is something he was (and still is) sorely in need of. I knew my vote was going to be moving with my next post, to either Rhinox or DGB, but I wanted to park my vote somewhere nice and provocative in the interim to see if anything interesting happened. (yes, Spy, lol reactions. DEAL WITH IT.)
ooba wrote:- Why did you miss 1041 of DGB? (mith's case about a possible slip on tajo)
I don't think that's a valid point against her. I think it would be very easy for a townie in the D2 situation of "assume Elmo is the vig, because if he's scum, he'll be taken care of tonight" to mentally reduce that to "assume Elmo is the vig".
ooba wrote:"DGB/Rhinox pairing is so strong that a town flip on one would probably cause a drastic change of opinion on the other." - ??
I think it's pretty clear?
ooba wrote: -- Also 1273 looks like iam cheerleading mith-KMD town-town argument
Please explain how scum me would benefit in any way from fighting townmith's corner against a
confirmed townie
ooba wrote:- If iam actually believes DGB is scum and DGB left out Sera on purpose, the explanation is that DGB is trying to paint a townie as her scumbuddy before getting lynched
I don't believe that DGB left out Seraph on purpose. That would be a bloody stupid thing to believe, because if she was doing that, she obviously wouldn't have done it so conspicuously. It would have been far less noticeable if she'd fudged the numbers to put him somewhere at the bottom of the list instead of giving him enough points to reach the scum playoffs, then making him mysteriously vanish halfway through the post.

I believe DGB genuinely did forget Seraphim, I'm saying that her doing so is scummy, because I think the name of someone she'd been suspicious of previously would stick out to townDGB, wheras scumDGB I can easily see forgetting about someone she'd been "suspicious" of.

Do you have any intention of elaborating on how you think a DGB/mith pairing is remotely plausible?

Also, this:
iamausername wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Throwing out a thought - KMD not blocked equals second vig? No need to discuss in detail as even though scum already know the answer, the discussion could provide clues to identify. Just thought it was worth mentioning to keep in consideration.
mith wrote:Agree with Rhinox's point 3 that a second Vig remains a possibility, and that Kmd unblocked lends weight to that possibility, and that we shouldn't discuss this in detail - if we have a second Vig, we will likely know it for certain tonight.
I have thoughts about this, but I think it's better to keep them to myself right now.
As should everyone else.
Let's please stop helping scum find the two remaining power roles, shall we?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by iamausername »

PokerFace, if you don't have time to read the whole game, skip D0, anything relevant that happened then you can pick up from the D1 discussion.

If you still don't have time, skip D1 too (well, you should probably read from the D1 hammer vote). You'll certainly miss some stuff from that, but you should still be able to make a reasonably informed vote. I guess you could make a slightly informed vote by skipping straight to the start of this day, but 28 pages in 5 days doesn't seem like a particularly tall order to me.

Whatever you do, don't blindly follow Kmd just because he's confirmed, because while he is town, he's also pretty much wrong about everything.
Fate wrote: ALL THE WHILE, scum lurk, don't provide content that CAN be scumhunted,
AND ARE GIVEN A FREAKIN PASS FOR IT.

SOLUTION:
-Trim the fat
-If scum still aren't dead THEN start suspecting contributors
-ONE OF OOBA/ADUMBRO/SERA/PLUMPOM/HHVV DIES TODAY. NO EXCEPTIONS. MY VOTES NOT GOING ANYWHERE ELSE
I'm noticing an Ellibereth sized hole in this list.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:Do you have any intention of elaborating on how you think a DGB/mith pairing is remotely plausible?
ooba, this question was for you.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by iamausername »

Oh wait, he actually did answer it (well, acknowledged it, at least), I just got confused because he attributed the question to mith.
ooba wrote: Believed that yesterday based on my end of day skim .. But do not think that is the case now .. Why mention this now?
OK, do you have any intention of elaborating on why you
used to
think a DGB/mith pairing was remotely plausible?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:53 am

Post by iamausername »

Has anyone even tried to present a case on the p-fruits besides DGB's paint-by-numbers votecount analysis? This is such a terrible wagon, how how how does it have 6 votes?

Or should I say

HEY EVERYBODY DGB IS SCUM, PALUMPOROM IS TOWN
IT'S IN CAPITAL LETTERS SO IT MUST BE TRUE

I feel dirty.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1542 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:31 am

Post by iamausername »

mith wrote:I find your lack of DGB votes disturbing.

(Will be checking frequently as deadline approaches, and will move my vote if the town continues to lack the good sense to vote for obvscum DGB. Strong preference for an ooba lynch over Plumegranate.)
Second. Wish I had more time to push this right now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:59 am

Post by iamausername »

Patrick wrote:ooba (2) -- Ellibereth, DrippingGoofball
Plumegranate (5) -- HackerHuck, AdumbroDeus, PokerFace, Fate, Kmd4390
Town players in this group; read DGB's posts on page 53, ask yourself if they make any sense coming from powered town. Drop that hammer.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by iamausername »

I'll probably do something a little more in depth at a later date, but for now...

Absolutely not going to lynch, no way no how: KMD, mith, Palumporom, Seraphim
Have no particular interest in lynching: SpyreX, PokerFace, ooba
Could certainly be persuaded to lynch: Fate, AdumbroDeus
Need to die immediately: Ellibereth, HackerHuck

VOTE: HackerHuck
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by iamausername »

mith wrote:As always: Speculating on the night events and possible roles in this game is a bad idea. Scum know what our remaining power role is, and such speculation is going to help them narrow down who it might be. Don't talk about it, unless it is a key element in your case against someone - and even then, you probably should just make the case without reference to night actions.
This is not rocket science, people.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by iamausername »

Either I am a (Vanilla) Townsperson, or I am the Vig and think there is enough of a chance that I can get two shots off to warrant my staying hidden.

Nothing else to say while we're running through this.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by iamausername »

Going to reread and put in the effort that I really ought to have done yesterday, but I think it's deeply unlikely that I'll vote anyone but HackerHuck today.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by iamausername »

HackerHuck wrote:If one assumes me to be scum, then Spyrex's switch looks pretty scummy.

Pokerface switch looks really scummy if I'm scum, slightly less scummy with me as town.
Hi, I'm HackerHuck, and I know my goose is cooked, so I'm just leaving you guys a bottle of WIFOM to remember me by when you're trying to find my partners.

Really, give me one reason why you would ever say these things as town.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:56 am

Post by iamausername »

I'm already working on one effortpost trying to figure out everyone and everything, but I guess I'm going to have to make another one to remind everyone that HackerHuck is obvious scum and cannot be allowed to sneak through a fifth freaking day. FINE.

I guess there's no danger of a premature hammer at this point, so:

VOTE: HackerHuck
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:39 am

Post by iamausername »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:I'm starting to agree with ooba. I could see vas/rhinox as scumbuddies
Because Rhinox is defending VV???

Ah, no. VV is the perfect bus accident victim. Can you imagine a scumbag wasting town cred to save VV-buddy? If VV is scum, and I am far from being convinced this is the case, Rhinox would be the last player I'd peg as his buddy.
Still finding this post very telling. I think it's an attempt to plant a seed in everyone's mind that regardless of Vas's alignment, scum would be voting him, and therefore that not voting for Vas is a town tell.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
mith wrote:Two: If you're innocent, how do you think you would have played this game to this point as scum?
Sounds like you're begging for WIFOM-sauce, so here it is. First of all, you'd be dead, not tajo. Also, if I were scum, and VV was my buddy, he'd be lynched already.
This one's pretty interesting too. mith just asked DGB how she'd play differently as scum, DGB turns it into an opportunity to talk about how she'd play differently as scum
with Vas

Now onto the man himself (well, mans):

Post #147: This post in particular, but really most of his D0 stuff, is just completely at odds with the Vas we saw later on in the game. I think this makes it pretty clear that he was deliberately playing up the VI-ness.

Post #414 is one of the only places where he actually presents a case with his vote. It's dropped in the next post in favour of a totally reasonless vote, of course, though he claims to be "still interested in what ooba has to say to my point against him", but... no follow-up whatsoever on that. So... obviously he wasn't
that
interested.

Really love this, from Post #553:
VasudeVa wrote:I very much like the fact that Hoopla is voting for Hero, FYI. That looks a bit like something I saw before from a scumbag somewhere.
Just might be the vaguest accusation I've ever seen.

Post #594: awesome hypocrisy itp

From Post #836:
VasudeVa wrote:Greaat, now that I'm actually trying to be useful, people attack me for trying to be useful. Geez, you people are hard to please.
Tacit admission that VasudeVa was not trying to be useful before, which would make posts such as this one abject lies, would it not?

Post #1195: "I don't really think that DGB is scum, but I don't mind her lynch." - obviously not as strong a tell as it would if DGB had been town, but I still feel like this is something he wouldn't say as town. He's really hesitant about defending DGB in a way that I don't think he would be if he actually thought DGB was town.

Post #1328:
VasudeVa wrote:I'm consistently wondering why mith is still alive and not scum-NK'd. Why would scum kill tajo and Herodotus over mith? Tajo, I'd understand as a PR read-NK(due to the lurking). But obv-VTHerod over obv-VT(if Town) mith?
In addition to the possible slip that mith mentioned here, and the general awfulness of the "why is mith still alive??" accusation, you've also got Vas speculating about mith being "obv-VT", for a trifecta of scummitude!

Post #1463: "Any town claims besides KMD's tracker claim?"

Hi, scum slip. Why is HackerHuck specifically asking about
town
claims?

Post #1474: Two lists in this same post:
"some people made almost no impression on me (ooba, pokerface/eek, Adumbrodeus, pz/iamausername)"
"My scummier players are in this list: Mith, Plum/Pom, ellibereth, ooba, spyrex."

I'd have though these two would be mututally exclusive, but somehow ooba ends up in both.

Post #1505:
HackerHuck wrote:Fruitsisters are still a good wagon. Don't worry about Ooba soiling the wagon. I know Fate understands what bussing is. Take a look at them in iso. The activity has seemed to really drop off after Day 1. From the most recent posts, I don't like their entry onto the DGB wagon. It seems to be based on Mith's assessment of DGB's alignment, which isn't too bad, but I don't like how they ignored the large case that IamAUserName put forward on his entry into the game. Considering they think he's town, I would have expected them to use it to support a case, but they instead look to ride Mith's coattails. Someone who really suspected DGB, would have picked that up, so I get the feeling that they were just looking for a reason to jump on the wagon and tied themselves to Mith.
This is seriously such an awful reason to call Palumporom scum. If they were "just looking for a reason to jump onto the wagon", why wouldn't they back my case as well as mith's? This accusation makes no sense whatsoever.

HackerHuck is providing a fine demonstration of what it actually looks like when someone is just looking for a reason to jump onto a wagon, though.

Post #1553: Huck gripes about the Palumporom wagon starting to dissolve when they claimed vanilla.

Post #1611: "I'm having some doubts, but I'm not sure if I want to throw out my town read on DGB just yet."

Another one where I feel like it's worded in a way that town wouldn't say. 'want' is the sticking point. "Not sure if I'm ready", or "not sure if I'm willing", something like that, I could see town saying. But "not sure if I want to" seems to imply that the read is not genuine, because it implies that HackerHuck is the one who controls his opinion on DGB, rather than DGB. Does that make sense?

Post #1786: Once again, HACKERHUCK OPENLY DISCUSSING WHO IS SCUM IF HACKERHUCK IS SCUM. THIS MAKES NO SENSE AS A TOWN MOVE.

Post #1787: General fearmongering to stall his lynch, ignores the obvious possibility that the vig could just not shoot.

Post #1793: HackerHuck is possessed by the ghost of Vas and responds to a case against him with "people attacking me are scum for attacking me". Fantastic.

Seriously now. ooba's not exactly a shining beacon of townliness, but he has got nothing on this guy.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:10 am

Post by iamausername »

VasudeVa wrote:Sooo the major difference is: "
Let's
If
we massclaim, we can stick scum with a completely useless Daycop, Hurrah!"

Not exactly sure why the 'if' part is important nor why it makes the argument more convincing.

The Janitor makes it all moot. Remember:
Scum have daytalk
and if we do go with this plan, it'll be easy to coordinate fake claims and janitorization which would benefit scum
alot
. (I'm actually more scared of teh daytalk than I am of the scumPRchoices.)

Also, with five claims and a janitorization = Our real PRs are now unreliable and thus effectively neutralizing our PRs until we find the fakeclaiming scum(which we might not, because of the Janitor.). 5 claims in the DC/Jan plan absolutely needs a scumflip to be effective and it will only help us for 5 days or so if we play it perfectly and lynch correctly knowing that there will be a ???? flip.

4 claims in the DC/Jan plan is next to impossible. The Janitor is a fake-claim WIFOM machine, I don't see why scum won't take advantage of that. In fact, it will practically force them to claim otherwise they'll have 4 confirmed townies to deal with. The scum countermeasure here will be one goon fakeclaims, scum team kills off ALL 4 PRs which is obviously bad considering only get to catch 1 scum.

What's the Town advantage here anyway? I don't see it. All I see are PRs dying early with little to no benefit other than a temporary voting block.
Yeah, Vas is a moron. Totally incapable of effort, or rational thought or any of that good stuff.

And I guess HackerHuck is a moron too? Because I posted a pretty hefty chunk that showed how he has continued to be scum in Vas's stead.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by iamausername »

/prodded.

Had life stuff going on this weekend, also super busy today. I'll try to make a more worthwhile post tomorrow.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by iamausername »

So here's the shit I was working on yesterday. Obviously partially irrelevant now, with HackerHuck and CTD (Seraph) flipping town, and I've yet to look at D5, but it's seems stupid to go to all that effort and then not post it.

DISCLAIMER: In this analysis I will be reading each players posts, assuming them to be scum, and asking the question "Does this post say anything about this player's scum partners?". So don't freak out about confirmation bias or anything. Confirmation bias is the whole point here. (Ironically, one of the main reasons I've started doing this is because I think it helps me break out of whatever confirmation bias I may be operating under.)

Post #381: Woof, where to start. OK, DGB's listed as town, likely that at least one of his other scum partners would be in the scum section. But probably one of those without any actual reason given.
Fate/ooba +
ooba/Palumporom +
ooba/Spyrex +

Post #406: Plum makes a fairly substantial attempt to get something going on ooba early on.
ooba/Palumporom -

Post #409: Vas adds his vote to the above.
Hacker/ooba -

Post #432: ekiM really nitpicks ooba's scumlist here, unlikely behaviour from a scum partner, I think.
Fate/ooba -

Post #441: Oh, right, ooba didsn't list mith as town even though mith fits the criteria he presented for putting people in his town list.
mith/ooba -

Post #446: mith calls out MME for lurking.
mith/PokerFace -

Post #545: SpyreX thinks MME's display of ignorance is a reason to write him off as town.
PokerFace/SpyreX +

Post #551: "Why is there a wagon on VV? I missed something here. Uh, ooba? Someone? I need more than 'I want to see where this goes. Also law of averages" to understand what VV's done/why wagoning him might be a good idea. Tajo? I guess I sympathize with question dodging BUT." - essentially serves to draw attention, and potentially votes, to Vas.
HackerHuck/Palumporom -

Post #563: Seraph starts pushing a Vas lynch.
HackerHuck/Seraph -

Post #573: SpyreX joins him.
HackerHuck/SpyreX -

Post #602: ekiM waffles a bit about Vas, but ultimately falls on the "Vas is an easy target" side.
Fate/HackerHuck +

Post #612: Kerrigan does the same, but also specifically singles out Seraphim as being the scum targeting the 'easy target'.
HackerHuck/PokerFace +
PokerFace/Seraph -

Post #613: mith talks about why he is
not
suspicious of zor, while making no mention at all of Vas, but then says at the end of the post that he'd support a zor wagon more than a Vas one.
HackerHuck/mith +

Post #668: Everything about Vas in this post is basically "let's save him for later".
HackerHuck/Palumporom -

Post #759: Seraph kicks off D2 by continuing to gun for Vas, thus demonstrating that it wasn't a case of "I'll vote my buddy now because it's obvious that someone else is getting lynched today"
HackerHuck/Seraph -

Post #787: Ditto SpyreX.
HackerHuck/SpyreX -

Post #801: Vas directs four @s at four different players. Three of them ask the question "why?", one says "I don't understand your last post."
HackerHuck/ooba +

Post #836: Vas votes ooba, the latest person to join his wagon. He doesn't address ooba at all, just continues with trying to convince Seraph that he is totally town yo.
HackerHuck/ooba +
HackerHuck/Seraph -

Post #861: They call this the 'Chainsaw Defence'.
HackerHuck/PokerFace +
PokerFace/Seraph -

Post #883: Seraph makes sure attention is drawn to ekiM.
Fate/Seraph -

Posts #921+922: Trying to weigh up whether staging this disagreement about Vas would be more beneficial to the fruit sisters if Vas was town or scum, but I'm all WIFOMed out about it. The end result of this is definitely
ooba/Palumporom -
, though.

Post #927: Vas thinks he can defend himself by pointing out that he is making himself a vig target, but wanted someone else to say it so people would actually listen, this I believe. Scum have daytalk, so scumVas could ask his scumbuddies to say it for him. Having done so, would Vas then say "thanks, buddy, I was waiting for someone to say that"? I really doubt it.
HackerHuck/Palumporom -

Post #947: ekiM takes Plum's "Vas is drawing too much attention to himself to be scum who knows there's a vig" point and runs with it, also gleefully hops onto the ooba wagon.
Fate/HackerHuck +
Fate/ooba -

Post #1039: mith suggests that ooba's vote on Vas has "bus-like properties", but that he doesn't think Vas is scum. That's either a
mith/ooba -
or a
mith/ooba +
depending on HackerHuck's flip.

Post #1078: SpyreX is very willing to clear others as town based off a scum flip on Vas.
HackerHuck/SpyreX -

Post #1092: Seraph calls for everyone to rank the popular wagons, but totally ignores the fact that ooba has a bigger wagon at this point than two of the wagons he does name.
ooba/Seraphim ++

Post #1145: Even if Seraphim thought scumbuddy mith had genuinely slipped up and and outed himself at this point, he could certainly go for the "no time before deadline" to avoid lynching him on that day, given that Kmd was.
mith/Seraph --

Post #1147: See above.
HackerHuck/mith -

Post #1163: Pom tries to redirect the growing mith suspicion onto Spyrex.
mith/Palumporom +
Palumporom/SpyreX -

Post #1236: ooba randomly ties mith to DGB.
mith/ooba -

Post #1257: MME adds a really afwul vote to the mith wagon.
mith/Pokerface -

Post #1328: Vas comes out with a shitty "if mith is town, why isn't he dead yet?" argument, which I assume would later be used to justify a later hop onto the mith wagon.
HackerHuck/mith -

(Also potential slip here, as mith pointed out.)

Post #1351: Lotta WIFOM in here. If Huck is scum,
PokerFace/SpyreX -
, If Huck is town,
PokerFace/SpyreX+

I'm not drawing any other solid conclusions.

Post #1372: Fate makes identical cases against Seraph and Kerrigan, except for how Seraph was
attacking
Vas, while Kerrigan was
defending
Vas. Through some leap of logic that I can't fathom, he decides that only voting Seraph will tell us the alignments of all three.
Fate/Seraph --
Fate/HackerHuck +
Fate/PokerFace +

Post #1379: PRAISE ALL THAT IS FAIR AND JUST VV'S SLOT IS GETTIN AN INJECTION OF COMPETENCE
Fate/HackerHuck +

Post #1380: The whole post, but particularly this: "Scum are letting him live with a pass,
letting his haters live (you)
, and then later on he'll be ripe for the LyLo." seems deep unlikely to be a conversation between two scums to me.
Fate/SpyreX -

Post #1387: Fate gets a real hate on for ooba.
Fate/ooba -

Post #1474: Huck joining the Palumporom wagon for super arbitrary reasons here.
HackerHuck/Palumporom -

Post #1485: ooba doing the same.
ooba/Palumporom -

Post #1496: Fate successfully creates a DGB/ooba tie despite apparently not thinking DGB is scum.
Fate/ooba -

Post #1505: HackerHuck throws some more dirt at Palumporom, and also talks about them tying themselves to mith that sounds awfully "I know mith is town".
HackerHuck/Palumporom -
HackerHuck/mith -

Post #1507: ooba returns the serve and does the same thing to Fate as Fate just did to him.
Fate/ooba -

Post #1514: PokerFace offers meta defence of ooba, and tries to persuade Fate with it.
ooba/PokerFace +
Fate/PokerFace -

Post #1547: Makes no sense for Fate to vote DGB here unless ooba is also scum.
Fate/ooba +

Mostly I want to draw attention to this one to make sure I remember it later, because I actually think it is a super-strong town tell for Fate either way.

Post #1586: What the fuck is this shit.
Fate/mith -

Post #1656: PokerFace tries to clear ooba based on DGB going after ooba instead of Palumporom, which is really a pretty inaccurate description of DGB's behaviour.
ooba/PokerFace +
Palumporom/PokerFace -

Post #1705: SpyreX tips the balance in favour of Adumbro over HackerHuck with this vote.
HackerHuck/SpyreX +

Post #1745: And now PokerFace jumps ooba down to 'likely scum', buuuut... he seems to be doing say at least partly on the basis of an Adumbro/ooba connection, which would obviously be invalidated when Adumbro was lynched and flipped town, which was pretty much guaranteed at this point.
ooba/PokerFace +

And that's everything to the end of D4.

I'm thinking it's PokerFace with either SpyreX or mith at this point, but I definitely need to re-examine things with the benefit of hindsight. I tried to break my confirmation bias through this, but I didn't necessarily succeed at all times.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by iamausername »

Also, since the game is over now, I can talk about Battousai's Mountainous Mountain Mafia, which ran simulataneously with this one. What I mostly want to talk about is this post from Adel's alt:
tomorrow wendy wrote:
iamausername wrote:No offense to him, but I just don't think there's any basis to believe that he's sharp enough for that.
I thought about this some more. Doesn't this game require the assumption of competence? I am familiar with Hanlon's razor "
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
" but in this asymmetric information game shouldn't giving out passes for incompetence give false reading of "town" when evaluating alignments?
As it turns out, the player we were talking about was town, but at the time I made post #1834 over here, I was becoming convinced that he was scum and that Adel had been right, and I didn't want other people making the same mistake by giving Vas a pass for being an idiot here. I also didn't want to make the same mistake I'd made the previous day myself, not bothering to push for Vas over Adumbro because I found them both scummy, even if I was more convinced about Vas.

Net result: me being wrong about everything in every game. My poor ego.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by iamausername »

Fate wrote:Also a couple of your points were so logically thawed I had myself thinking (is +++ supposed to mean more likely a connection? or more town points?)
More likely connection. There are no town points. (Except the one that was explicitly stated.)

A lot of my decisions on whether a post represented an actual connection or just a bit of WIFOMsauce are super arbitrary, and I frequently miss the bigger picture; votes are often given the same weight regardless of how long they're sustained, for example. It's a method I came up with recently, it definitely needs some refining.
Fate wrote:ALL I SEE IN THAT POST:

You retroactively explaining the case you made on someone who has now flipped town that you voted OVER OOBA because ooba wasn't "a beacon of towniness" but VV was scummy as hell.
Yes, that was the point. I'm giving more insight into my motivations, take it or leave it.
Fate wrote:AND YOU ARENT VOTING YET TODAY. SITTING BACK AND WATCHING THE ACTION?
It's mylo. Not voting immediately is standard procedure.
Fate wrote: that game you linked doesn't include either VV, yourself, or ANYONE of importance
Uh, check again? I was definitely in that game.
Fate wrote:ALSO THE FACT THAT YOU POSTED:

"HERES WHY I MISLYNCHED VV"

INSTEAD OF

"WELL I POSTED MY OUT OF DATE ANALYSIS JUST TO NOT BE WASTEFUL, BUT A TOWN VV+CTD TOWN FLIP TELLS ME THESE NEW SHINY THINGS:"
I just got home from work like half an hour ago, I haven't had time yet to look at what shiny new things the flips tell me. That is what I will be working on next, like I fucking told you at the end of the first post. But right now I'm going to sleep. Try not to give yourself an anuerysm in the meantime, you psycho.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by iamausername »

ooba wrote:Scum
3). ekiM [Fate]
13). Plumegranate
17). SpyreX

Neutral
9). mith

Town
2). DrippingGoofball
10). My Milked Eek [PokerFace]
ooba's list from the start of D1. With 10/19 players listed in the scum section, I think it's pretty unlikely that ooba wouldn't put at least one of his buddies there.

Apart from this post, you can pretty much count the number of times he even mentions any of the remaining players on one hand, which is super helpful.
ooba wrote:
Why isn't mith in town (elli)

- Look above. While mith did a good job of analyzing the various arguments, I did not find anything that made me go "Hey, thats town"
This looks good for mith. ooba gave specific criteria for listing players as town, mith clearly fit these criteria, and yet ooba listed him as just neutral for this really nebulous reason.
ooba wrote:My meta experience with Spy (Scum:Victorian Vampire\"another", Town: LoL comes to mind) points to Spy town.
So, within a few days, SpyreX moves from scum to town because of meta. Not seeing any of the now confirmed townies in ooba's initial scumlist getting this treatment.
ooba wrote: Surprised not many people have acknowledged it .. 545 has mild spyrex-zoraster links because
- His hero-Rhinox case is actually good but
- chooses to vote Hoopla??
But then back to saying SpyreX is possible scum, but this time throwing in a link to zor, who he also votes in this post.
ooba wrote:Mith+DGB are scum if zora flips town ..
Random linking mith to DGB. He does drop this fairly quickly, but I still think it makes mith less likely to be scum. It seems more likely to me that ooba dropped it because too many people were opposed to the idea (and for good reasons, which also make mith not scum) for it to actually go anywhere after a DGB flip, rather than that he had no intention of following through on this in the first place. Witness how, after dropping it, he moves straight on to linking other people (first me, then Fate) to DGB. I think he was looking for one that would strike a chord within the town so he had a mislynch ready prepared before he got down to bussing DGB.
ooba wrote:1260: @SpyreX reactions to iam
- "I'm a little surprised to see ekiM that low, actually."
First I thought spyreX was saying "Why isn't ekim more scummy?" - Did an ISO to see that he never mentions ekim before that - Found it suspicious before I realized that "that low" means he thinks ekim is town
Reactions are fine.
ooba barely bothered to comment on most of what was happening in the game, and yet he takes time to say "I thought SpyreX was suspicious but then I realised I misread". Find this very contrived.
ooba wrote: I would be kicked if the scum team is ..
Patrick wrote:Votecount

mith (1) -- Seraphim
DrippingGoofball (4) --
mith, Plumegranate
, iamausername, ooba
ooba (1) -- SpyreX
Plumegranate (6) -- DrippingGoofball, Kmd4390,
Rhinox
, Ellibereth, Fate, HackerHuck

Not voting: AdumbroDeus, PokerFace
14 alive, 8 to lynch.

Deadline: 28th of September, 9:20 pm, GMT.
Rhinox: KMD -> PZ -> Hoopla - > ekim -> ooba -> zora -> SpyreX -> Plum
mith: Hoopla -> DGB -> zora -> DGB -> zora -> DGB
Plum: ooba -> Hoopla -> VV -> ooba -> zora -> DGB
- Town reads on Sera, MMe
- Rhinox's SpyreX vote unlikely to be a bus .. ("I am not voting anyone?")
- Plum's VV vote an unvote is suspicious esp. since the unvote paragraph is a lot of words with no real stance. I would feel vindicated if HH was the fourth but leaning on unlikely since he had a choice between DGB\Plum and chose Plum..
- iam was scummy since I saw a possible iam\DGB pairing but iam seems genuine in wanting DGB lynched
- So I'd put my money on AD for the fourth

Vote: Plum

L-1..

Preview: "Also, why are so many lynches building force so fast?" .. I feel good about my call ..
So we all already know that Palumporom is obvtown, but here's a helpful reminder.
ooba wrote:As far as connections go, I've noted that you [Fate] have derailed the DGB wagon. If I am wrong about mith\Rhinox\Plum theory and DGB is scum, it's worth looking into but not worth pursuing right now.
And here's where ooba moves onto Fate as the new DGB scumbuddy, and accuses him of being personally responsible for derailing the DGB wagon, when he was the fifth vote on the alternative PalumPorom wagon. Which ooba just voted for himself.
ooba wrote:In hindsight, mme's 1257 is very opportunistic ..
Patrick wrote:Plumegranate (6) -- DrippingGoofball,
Kmd4390, Rhinox
, Ellibereth, Fate, HackerHuck
Patrick wrote:DrippingGoofball (8) --
mith
, iamausername,
Plumegranate
, SpyreX,
Rhinox
, Seraphim,
ooba
, Fate
- I expect 1-2 scum on the DGB wagon as that lynch looked inevitable towards the end of the day
- mith, Plum in town category due to DGB scum flip. The early day Plum wagon is suspect - good chance that one more scum along with DGB on it ..

In hindsight, mme early day vote on mith and PF's plum voting suspicious (same slot)
1594: SpyreX could have probably hammered Plum here with no repercussions here
1614: AD is scum
When did the DGB wagon look inevitable? Pretty sure it was when Rhinox counterclaimed her. Which means the "1-2 scum" here is primarily aimed at Seraphim and Fate. And he finds another reason to clear SpyreX besides.

This post, at the end of D4, is also I think the very first time ooba mentions PokerFace or any of his predecessors AT ALL since his first D1 post where he talked about everyone.

Based on ooba's posts and ooba's posts alone, SpyreX comes off the worst by far. Extremely opportunistic vote on Palumporom wagon, fairly prolonged attempt to link Fate to DGB, brief attempt to link mith to DGB, avoiding comment on PokerFace throughout = ascending order of other likely partner.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2018 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by iamausername »

DrippingGoofball wrote:mith's first post is OK, but his second post smells a little more of informed minority. In post #277, he seems rather cocky about the possibility that I may be lying. Also, the fact that the first post is OK, and the second suspicious, shows that his mental process followed two distinct steps...

ekiM's posts are rather cryptic and worrisome. It's like he's working to keep a cool head in the face of something he doesn't expect... a fakeclaiming townie, perhaps?

Ooba... mmm... I'm not sure that a scumbag would come right out and declare my hider claim "unexpected" as this would be rather transparent... but you never know.
The three people DGB indicted based on her fakeclaim gambit. One is known to be scum, and gets the least accusative tone, the other two both happen to still be around. Town points for mith and Fate here.

Everyone else DGB talked about is now dead and confirmed town (except Hoopla, but she might as well be), and I don't think DGB would immediately clear a bunch of townies AND start bussing two of her buddies right away like that.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
mith wrote:Surely if zoraster is scum, he would be aware of the Kmd/Elmo situation (via quicktopic if nothing else).
Right off the bat, this premise is entirely false. As far as I've seen, a scum that flakes in-thread flakes in the QT as well. But. Let's say you're right, he's not paying attention to the game, but he's a devoted fan of the scum QT.
mith wrote:But on the other hand, surely if zoraster were town and thought the Elmo situation were worth discussing, and had been told
why
it wasn't being discussed, he would
go read the relevant portions of the thread
That, is true.
mith wrote:...ignorance is probably about as (un)likely either way, but add the possibility that he's scum playing dumb and it's yet another point against him.
Ignorance is actually quite likely either way. But the possibility that he's scum PLAYING dumb is remote. He may be DUMB SCUM, but PLAYING SCUM??? Nah.

So really, your conclusion ought to be that zoraster's lack of attention is a NULL-TELL at best (I correct my earlier statement that your conclusion should have been the opposite; it should have been DIFFERENT is more accurate).

HOWEVER, comes a demand for a claim, and a vote, at the crucial L-1 moment:
mith wrote:VOTE: zoraster (L-1)
I question your motives for voting zoraster. Here's where I'm at: I believe that zoraster is lazy, scaredy, not-paying-attention scum. But here comes mith, who tunnels on me, but at the end of the day, votes zoraster the leading wagon on reasons that should have him conclude a zoraster null-tell. So now I'm thinking you must be scum, and zoraster town.
There's a whole lot of posts that make DGB/mith look unlikely, but I think this one is definitely the capper. This confused mess makes it clear that DGB is just trying to exploit confirmed town KMD's mith suspicions without actually understanding them.
DrippingGoofball wrote:TOTALS:
14 PlumPom 2 3 3 3 3
13.5 Spy 2 3 3 2.5 3
11 DGB 2.5 3 2.5 3
9 Rhinox 3 3 3
8.5 Mike 2.5 3 3
8 mith 2 3 3
8 Seraph 3 2.5 2.5
8 PZ 2 3 3
7 KMD 2 2.5 2.5
5.5 VV 3 2.5
5 oo 2.5 2.5
DGB notes that Troll's lurking makes his low score anomalous, but no such note of MME who scores zero mainly because he was lurking even harder. In fact, DGB does not mention Pokerface or predecessors. AT ALL. Literally, here is the sum total of DGB posts that even acknowledge their existence in any way:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
DEAD TOWNIES

Hoopla

Amished

populartajo

Elmo

Herodotus

zoraster

Confirmed TOWNIES

Kmd4390

I'll break with tradition and I won't put myself in green, so that you can continue with the analysis after I'm dead, just "quote" cut-and-paste in Notepad and search and replace to change the colors.

[snipped out a bunch of votecounts where MME/SK were the lone vote on Seraphim here]

VasudeVa (2) -- ooba, AdumbroDeus
ooba (1) -- iamausername
DrippingGoofball (1) --
zoraster

Seraphim (1) -- My Milked Eek
zoraster
(9) -- ekiM, Plumegranate, Rhinox, SpyreX, DrippingGoofball,
Kmd4390
Elmo
, mith,
Herodotus

mith (1) -- VasudeVa

2 scums in (33% chance, 3 points)
ekiM, Plumegranate, Rhinox, SpyreX, DrippingGoofball, mith

TOTALS:

14 PlumPom 2 3 3 3 3
13.5 Spy 2 3 3 2.5 3
11 DGB 2.5 3 2.5 3
9 Rhinox 3 3 3
8.5 Mike 2.5 3 3
8 mith 2 3 3
8 Seraph 3 2.5 2.5
8 PZ 2 3 3
7 KMD 2 2.5 2.5
5.5 VV 3 2.5
5 oo 2.5 2.5
DrippingGoofball wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Anything more than town to claim DGB?
Shall I?
DrippingGoofball wrote:
mith wrote:DrippingGoofball, Ellibereth, PokerFace, HackerHuck. Too easy?
Yeah, totally, take your scumdar to the shop, the spinning mechanisml needs to be stabilized.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Patrick wrote:ooba (2) -- Ellibereth, DrippingGoofball
Plumegranate (5) -- HackerHuck, AdumbroDeus, PokerFace, Fate, Kmd4390
Town players in this group; read DGB's posts on page 53, ask yourself if they make any sense coming from powered town. Drop that hammer.
And another scum...
And that's it! Three out of four are purely tangential mentions in quotes from someone else, and not even remotely the focus of the post. Literally the only one that you can really call an acknowledgement is the one where DGB asks if she should claim, which is just a stalling fluffpost that could have been in reply to anyone.

MME was a huge lurker, and neither of his successors have been hugely involved in the game either, and both known scum were completely happy with this situation.
DrippingGoofball wrote:You can kill me now, I've done my work.

I'm calling the scum team right now.

PlumPom

SpyreX

I know I'm town
I have a town-boner for Rhinox
Mike
/mith/
PZ
(out of these three, PZ and Mike are the sketchiest, mith &I are different animals but I think he's the towniest of the three).

I'm not seeing any collective will at all to lynch any of the top contenders in my wagon analysis so I think the scum has us completely snowed.
Fact: there is at least one scum listed in this post. And unless the scumteam is mith/PokerFace, there's at least one scum among the bolded and reddened names here, even.
DGB wrote:Saying that if I were scum I would have killed you already isn't playing to your vanity - people that have been scum with me previously, know that the players I choose to kill are the players that are too much of a threat. When they argue that the town will be suspicious, I always tell them that no one ever examines the reasons why a player has been NK'd on MS, it's a kind of taboo, you get lynched for even bringing it up. So just NK your enemies with impunity. Anyhoo, this large paragraph is a large pill of WIFOM to swallow, so let's leave it at that.
Actually, I believe DGB is being honest here, more or less. Obviously, scum had enemies besides mith, that's the real reason he was left alive, but the ultimate point about scum killing their enemies with impunity, that rings true. Now, nights two through four, the scum kills were all outed power roles, which any scumteam would have obvious motivations for making, but it's worth considering tajo and CTD's posts to see who might have been more inclined to kill them.

DGB also totally opportunistic on Palumporom, and also on mith. Completely ignoring PokerFace at all times makes him look the worst here, SpyreX and Fate are pretty even for both being fairly ignored until the color by numbers votecount stuff, where they suddenly become scum, because DGB was obviously giving up at that point and throwing out some nice WIFOM.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2019 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by iamausername »

populartajo wrote:In other news, Hoopla, Rhinox, Hero, Zorblag and Spyrex are all very likely town. Voting for them now becomes a scumtell. Be advised.
populartajo wrote:Ooba is town, even if his reasons for calling people town and scum are silly (Ill explain why when I come back). No scum will force himself to opinions of all the players in RVS. DGB and zor prob town too. Stop wasting time.
populartajo wrote: Spyrex is town.
populartajo wrote: Thx Flay. At least one of these guys is scum.

DGB, Elmo, KMD, Plum, Rhinox and Zoraster.

Remember to isolate Tajo when you are in endgame and POE gives you a name out of this list.
populartajo wrote: Spyrex is town for multiple posts.
[snip]
Mmmm, I dont like mith's top 4 (DGB, Hoopz, ooba and MME), pretty much for what zoraster said in his next post 413.
[snip]
Im getting a scummy read of Mike. I dont remember posting him a lot of one lines.
[snip]
Scum by now: Vasudeva, Amished and Mike. Confirming my VOTE: VASUDEVA.
tajo called both DGB and ooba town, but then, they were just goons. But tajo calling SpyreX town as well makes his kills super crazy if SpyreX is scum. I mean, not killing your biggest enemies as scum is one thing, but killing someone who thinks pretty much the entire scumteam is town?? Unlikely.
CrashTextDummie wrote:Scum:
HackerHuck
SpyreX

Possible scum:
Fate
mith

Probably not scum:
ooba
PokerFace

Most likely town:
Plumegranate
Iamausername
Given that most of CTD's SpyreX suspicion was based on the assumption that Huck was scum, I actually think Fate and mith would be the ones with the most incentive to kill CTD. Especially since most everyone else has been writing them both off as town. But that's all tempered by the fact that anyone would have motivation to kill CTD as scum, since he was obvtown.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2020 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by iamausername »

ekiM wrote:I still have a problem with DGB going from believing Hoopla wagon was scum driven with 7 votes, to believing Hoopla was scum giving up under pressure with 6 votes. No response. Nobody seems interested though.

I think this Ooba wagon has more legs. Rhinox's 929 is a good point, Zito's point is good. ISOing ooba his scumhunting seems pretty lazy.

UNVOTE: DGB
VOTE: ooba

I wonder though:
Kmd4390 874 wrote:I'm starting to agree with ooba. I could see vas/rhinox as scumbuddies
Kmd4390 930 wrote:
unvote, vote ooba
What changed?
Interesting, if Fate is scum, it would mean ekiM jumped straight from one bus to another here. That seems unlikely. Though the KMD bit at the end is iffy, possibly he just wanted to remind KMD of his own "ooba is town" thoughts to get the confirmed townie support away from his scumbuddy's wagon while appearing to support it himself.
Fate wrote:I finished D1. Hoopla's still scum, don't be fooled by the mastermind bah post pl0x. 3 left to go.
There is obvious motivation for scum to want town to believe there are less scum remaining than there actually are. And if Fate had just read to the end of D1 at this point, he wouldn't know that everyone had realised how Hoopla was obvtown, so might actually think anyone at all would buy this. This is quickly dropped once Fate reads further on:
Fate wrote:
SpyreX wrote:1.) Hoopla scum? I'm gonna need more because while not thrilled that maneuver oozes town.
1) We know the setup to be 2 VIGS and a tracker. Search your soul and if you don't find it there I'll explain next week with two hands.
For shenanigans purposes I'll play along as if there were 4 though
Although there is some never explained nonsense about how two vigs = Hoopla scum. I would like that explanation now, Fate.

There's also the fact that he assumes two vigs before there was any actual evidence of this in thread, which suggests he may have had extra info. I for one did not see this as the obvious explanation for KMD not being blocked.
Fate wrote:ooba just soiled th hell out of the DGB wagon and YOU GUYS THAT ARE VOTING DGB NEED TO PAY ATTENTION AND UNVOTE.
Bus one scumbuddy to clear the other, it's a good strategy. Fate really, really pushed for this right up until the last minute before voting DGB for deadline issues.
Fate wrote: ALL THE WHILE, scum lurk, don't provide content that CAN be scumhunted, AND ARE GIVEN A FREAKIN PASS FOR IT.

SOLUTION:
-Trim the fat
-If scum still aren't dead THEN start suspecting contributors
-ONE OF OOBA/ADUMBRO/SERA/PLUMPOM/HHVV DIES TODAY. NO EXCEPTIONS. MY VOTES NOT GOING ANYWHERE ELSE
This list has a MME/Kerrigan/PokerFace sized hole.
Fate wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Also, KMD is my leader today. Just sayin' - I get his drift.

VOTE: Elmo
I assume this is your breadcrumb.
Backing up DGB's claim with breadcrumbs for her? Nice.
Fate wrote:I was sold on this wagon by mith, the goods were not as advertised, I'm a dissatisfied customer who wants YOUR MANAGER ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW.
This idea that mith should need to explain himself because his DGB suspicion turned out to be wrong is such bullshit, even putting aside the obvious fact that his suspicion was not actually wrong. He has already explained why he voted DGB, if this explanation was not a problem prior to DGB's claim why would it be one afterwards?
Fate wrote:Fuck it, the yosarian inside me demands I not out any more PRs

VOTE: Plumegranite
Isn't it fun how Fate's vote ultimately ends up on neither scum?
Fate wrote:Why the HELL is Seraphim in your obvtown category. No, fuckin seriously.

Vote: Seraphim

Adumbro could use some rope as well soon.
Fate wrote:
Unvote:
Vote: HackerHuck

Assclowns.
Fate wrote:No.

NO

FUCK IT>

I WON'T BE LAZY THIS GAME.

Unvote:
Vote: Troll
This is a fun sequence of posts. My favourite part is how not one of these votes is a vote for ooba, because I guess after DGB got lynched, which ruined Fate's plan of giving her town cred from ooba's scumflip, he lost heart in that bus, at least for one day.

He does briefly switch over to ooba after Adumbro has been brought to a claim, but quite happily jumps back when KMD tells him to.

...And then starts the next day with another sequence of votes on NOT OOBA:
Fate wrote:LOL LOOK AT US ALL SOFTCLAIMING THE ONLY TWO ROLES LEFT IN THE GAME. HAIIII

VOTE: SERAPHIM

ALSO:

-ELLIE WAS ON THE DO NOT VIG LIST WTF
Fate wrote:
VOTE: HACKERFUCKINGHUCK
Good stuff.
Fate wrote:1. I do in fact think DGB would have mercilessly bussed VV's horrible play. I also don't think she would ever mention any buddies in anyway (such that the only connections she makes are to townies when she flips)
Isn't that something.
Fate wrote:Holy fucking hell HH your vote is on POKERFACE are you seriously doign everything you can to undermine my town read of you?
See above, and "TOWNTELLS+SCUMTELLS <<<<<<<<<<<<< LACK OF ANYTELLS BEING DROPPED." for lulz.

Yeah, I'm not so sold on Fate town any more. Attempts to clear ooba based on a scum flip from DGB, and his behaviour with both ooba and HackerHuck post-DGB lynch was all about delaying their lynches for later. The fact that he argued against the "ooba AND Huck are scum" theory when it looked like ooba was actually likely to get lynched is definitely a point in his favour though. In addition to ooba's attempts to link him to DGB.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2021 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by iamausername »

My Milked Eek wrote:Why I do not like one hider claim:

There's absolutely no certainty that we have a hider. I cannot imagine what benefits one could see that are not in a massclaim. In fact one of the biggest disadvantages imo is the uncertainty of the claim. If we had massclaimed before assigning the scum roles we would have gotten more certainty. And now that there is one hider claim and not two or none, the likelihood of a fakeclaim lies higher. Was the hider against a massclaim?
Yeah. Still think it's more likely that town would miss this than scum, but it has to be weighed up against the likelihood of mith or Palumporom being scum, or of Fate and SpyreX being scum together.

In his brief time in the game, SaintKerrigan basically appoints himself as VasudeVas's knight protector and guns after Seraphim to the exclusion of commenting on anything else that was happning in the game, like for instance DGB being super scummy. There is this though:
SaintKerrigan wrote: Ooba loses a lot of points for using a meta argument on VV. :P Those weren't in vogue since bell-bottom jeans.

FoS: Ooba
I'm just shocked and appalled that people still use FoSes, really.

MME pops back in to vote mith for no tangible reason (his words, not mine) and then departs again.
PokerFace wrote: Hey Fate, I seem to remember ooba flipping on alot of his reads in the "of gods and men game" Dramonic pointed that out there on day 2 or 3 i think and you should remember that as the 3 of us were in that game. Does ooba flipping on reads here bear any resemblance to that game and why?
Looked it up, ooba was town in this game, so this is an attempt to encourage Fate to think ooba is town here. If PF and Fate were both scum, it wouldn't make sense for him to specifically try to make Fate post this meta defence of ooba, he'd just go ahead and post it himself.
PokerFace wrote:I think at this point I'll just vote for whatever is the biggest wagon and catch up at night.
He says this, but only after throwing his vote on Palumporom, which makes that wagon larger, which encourages other fence sitters to pick that one.
PokerFace wrote:
can I get a vote count?

I think spyre rhino and sera should all be on DGB puting her and fruits at same amount though I am not certain

Flay missed spyre earlier i believe
This is all he posts after DGB's claim and Rhinox's counter. Leaves his vote parked on Palumporom, even though DGB's wagon is now bigger.
PokerFace wrote: ooba was nuetral when i saw no case on him, he leans town now as a result of yesterday
PokerFace attempts to do a reverse Fate and clear ooba based on DGB's scum flip, which is even more ridiculous.
PokerFace wrote: I lean Scum on Fate given he wanted rhino to full claim when we already got enough PR's out there. Him encouraging rhino to claim looked like fishing for more
LOL. "Him encouraging rhino to claim looked like fishing for more"? Fate literally outright told Rhinox to claim, and PokerFace says it "looked like fishing for more". If you don't get why that's hilarious, I don't know what to say.
PokerFace wrote:Hacker huck and AB didn't jump on DGB when Rhino and the others voted which is puzzling. Hacker much more likly scum as vas's play sucked before while trolls didn't so much. I'll say more about vas's play and suspicions later. AB said he would be on before deadlin on day 3 so i am uncertain as to whether he would have jumped on DGB later. How much were you guys on during deadline beyond your last posts?
I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.
PokerFace wrote:And I think either The fruits or Fate is the last scum. More so Fate given SpyreX had to point out to him that other option in his plan and
really was the curse word needed in your vote? Its a bit of a weak suspicion though
Well that's an understatement.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2022 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by iamausername »

BOOM BOOM POW.

I'll get on to SpyreX tomorrow, and I guess I might even do mith and Palumporom too. Right now, I'm feeling SpyreX/PokerFace > SpyreX/Fate > PokerFate > anyone/mith > anyone/Palumporom, and so I guess I should vote SpyreX, but the fact that both dead scum completely ignored PokerFace at all times makes me really want to vote him. I think it's highly unlikely I'll vote anyone else, but we'll see how it shakes out after I'm finished, I guess.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2060 (isolation #35) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:32 am

Post by iamausername »

Well, that makes things easier.

For one, there is no way a vanilla townie would propose lynching an uncountered vig claim when it is 100% confirmed that we have a vig, and lynching that vig today would result in an immediate town loss, so mith may as well just go ahead and counterclaim.

VOTE: No Lynch

The roleblocker may be out of shots already, in which case mith and Fate can just shoot each other. That's best case scenario. But even if this isn't the case, we'll just get our options narrowed a little for finding the other scum. So it's the best move either way, I think.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2061 (isolation #36) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:50 am

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:The roleblocker may be out of shots already
Wait, that's stupid. This is obviously not true.

Unvote

mith. Tell us why you made the shots you did, or tell me why you think lynching an uncountered vig when we are 100% confirmed to have a vig and lynching that vig loses the game for town is a good idea.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2095 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by iamausername »

I still need to iso SpyreX and mith, but I'm pretty sure I want to lynch PokerFace today.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by iamausername »

PLUMEGRANATE?!?!?!

Wow. Good job, you two.