AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

10 pages already?

And all RVS?

VOTE: mehplusrawr

Cause I wanna vote for a cute fuzzy kitty.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:13 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Toogeloo wrote:

Interestingly enough, the most vocal person on Nobody Special is Dripping Goofball, and yet he didn't get a vote on him until later. It's almost as if he was goading people to get onto Nobody Special but didn't want to commit his own vote right away until a train had gotten started.
So, why the passivity? Why don't you ask some sort of question about it?

DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't know about the flavor here, could we have two scum groups? I could see NS and Toogeloo in opposing scum factions.
Tall claim, care to explain your reasoning on this?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Toogeloo wrote:Hey, DrippingGoofball, are you scum?
Vote: Toogeloo

I thought a useful question was obvious, you know like "why did you withold your vote until so late even though you opened the case?"

No real scumhunting drive and another filler moment, I'm fine with your lynch unless you convince me otherwise.

Tell me, who do you think is scum?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:12 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Toogeloo wrote:
SharkFinn wrote:Additionally, he's confused at all of the NS, CSL, BM, etc. acronyms when all he needs to do is check the player list. atm, he's the scummiest imo.
Ya'know. When I haven't played with 80% of the player list and everyone is using acronyms over the course of 11 pages, try and understand how frustrating that is for me, especially considering I have 4 games under my belt, 3 being Road to Rome, and this site uses a ton of acronyms beyond names.
AdumbroDeus wrote:I thought a useful question was obvious, you know like "why did you withold your vote until so late even though you opened the case?"

No real scumhunting drive and another filler moment, I'm fine with your lynch unless you convince me otherwise.

Tell me, who do you think is scum?
Well, did you really expect me to ask a question you led me to? And what's this about no scum hunting drive? I am fairly certain I said at least twice now that I believe 1 or more people on the Nobody Special train was scum, and didn't I give two names earlier I suspected? Hmmm... oh yeah? TheLonging and Chronopie... No wonder my vote is on one of them!

You certainly have a lot of nerve to talk at me as if I haven't done any scum hunting considering the play that has happened thus far. At least half the players are content to just sit back and watch a handful of people sling mud at each other and casually toss down a vote with no reasoning.
Ok, so you have your suspicions, so now what are you planning on doing with them?

Of course I have nerve, because you went for an obstructionist reply and reacted with hostility as soon as you got challenged on it.

Perhaps you're missing my point, so let me just say it. Merely stating who you find suspicious does very little for town, you need to apply pressure and attempt to gain information that can subsequently be used to town's advantage.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:30 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Toogeloo wrote:
TheLonging wrote:Oh, I'm sorry, let me go find Chronopie and force him to post in the topic. He hasn't given me any reason to remove my vote, nor has shown himself to face his accuser. I suppose I could sit here and rehash over and over various ways I don't like him, but what would be the point?

You accused other people who are active on the topic, and I gave a perfectly good question in regards to dripping goofball.

Pro-tip, it's more useful to town to ask for clarification, and then build a case based around clarification.

Adrian C, AdumbroDeus, SharkFinn, Rena: I can't find too many of your previous games, so how would you describe your play style?
Since this is only my 4th game, I'll also answer my own question. I'd say my playstyle is probably overly cautious; I don't normally place non-RVS votes unless they do something that is overtly scummy or after a fair amount of discussion.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Not doing all the work for you, same username. Feel free to meta, that goes for everyone.

Question, why are you fishing for people's estimations of their own meta?

What do you expect that summarizing your meta will do for you?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

EBWOP: Bad formating, here's what I meant.

Toogeloo wrote:]Oh, I'm sorry, let me go find Chronopie and force him to post in the topic. He hasn't given me any reason to remove my vote, nor has shown himself to face his accuser. I suppose I could sit here and rehash over and over various ways I don't like him, but what would be the point?

You accused other people who are active on the topic, and I gave a perfectly good question in regards to dripping goofball.

Pro-tip, it's more useful to town to ask for clarification, and then build a case based around clarification.

diginova wrote:Adrian C, AdumbroDeus, SharkFinn, Rena: I can't find too many of your previous games, so how would you describe your play style?

Since this is only my 4th game, I'll also answer my own question. I'd say my playstyle is probably overly cautious; I don't normally place non-RVS votes unless they do something that is overtly scummy or after a fair amount of discussion.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Not doing all the work for you, same username. Feel free to meta, that goes for everyone.

Question, why are you fishing for people's estimations of their own meta?

What do you expect that summarizing your meta will do for you?[/quote]
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:08 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

diginova wrote:I wasn't expecting it to be for you to estimate your own meta. I actually do not like meta as a tell either way; the way people post changes, especially with experience and I have seen too many false meta lynches. I just wanted to know an overall view of your playstyle as a whole, regardless of alignment. Thus my reply to my own question. If you're someone who is cautious and only places votes after careful consideration, you being on someone's wagon lends more weight to your case than if you are impulsive and vote on the slightest tell.
That's still a type of meta, meta isn't just alignment, it's somebody's overall approach to the game.

You also have yet to answer my other question, "what do you think that telling others your meta will do for you"?

You implied an answer, but I'd like a solid one.

TheLonging wrote:Because he thinks that with meta we're going to be able to see who's scum?
Why are you answering the question for him?

Questions are powerful, I asked this question because I saw a couple of possible scummy reasons for it, and other people answering doesn't help me get a read on him.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

diginova wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:You also have yet to answer my other question, "what do you think that telling others your meta will do for you"?

You implied an answer, but I'd like a solid one.
Telling people how I play mafia will allow others to know how I operate in-game, since I have only played in a few games on site, and helps explain how my logic works since there are no other sources for it.
But what are you expecting to gain from people knowing how you operate?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:52 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Rena wrote:AdumbroDues is scum. I don't like how he lurked for such a long period of time, and then when he finally did decide to post, he posted about a neutral subject (his meta). A question for you: what would two scummy responses for your question asked at the bottom of post 339/340? Also, if questions are powerful, then why aren't you asking more of them?
IRL issues, I haven't posted in any games during this time period, this site or any others, I haven't posted in this game, another one on this site, or two other publicly viewable smashboards games (also haven't posted in one which isn't publically viewable, but besides the point). Are you saying that I'm scum in all of them?

But catching up.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:25 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

You know, here's the thing about closed games I've always disliked, you never know when it's that 2% chance and the sk is actually a Secret Poisoner Death Miller.

Point being that he's admitted being in a non-town faction and he wants us to lynch him d1. That alone tells me that (sorry if you're telling the truth) it's best to avoid his actual demands and figure out another way to deal with him, preferably after role-copping him to figure out what his abilities actually are because the fact that he's asking to be lynched means that we could be dealing with some horribly anti-town fall-out.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:30 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Adrien C wrote:I'm uncomfortable with Nobody Special's post.
Care to explain?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

@Toogeloo:
Should've brought this up earlier. You can't not ask questions, town needs information to win, and if you're not attempting to gain that information you'll just get lynched every time for lack of scumhunting drive. TBH this is more advice then anything else.

regardless, NS is obvious-scum, reminds me of chronopie's villianous breakdown in square-enix mafia, minus the cute fuzzy kitten claim.

unvote
vote: Nobody Special
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

This convo's so anti-town.

Let me ask you guys this, if NS flips town, who do you guys think is scum? If he flips scum, who do you think is scum? What about if he flips indy?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Two things nikanor:

1. Why do you think nobody special is town?

2. There's a very good reason why he'd lie in twilight, one of the major mechanics of the game is voting for the most pro-town, which occurs in twilight. This results in a ranking system of the two and the person with the highest overall average gets lynched. So, it's still possible for NS to not get lynched.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:05 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

animorpherv1 wrote:anyone who votes DGB for msot townie needs to get better pro-town senses.
Most pro-town is to choose a different lynch.

DGB is not a likely lynch, obviously if we want NS lynched we wanna distribute votes between the people with the highest vote total concentrating on the highest.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Toogeloo wrote:That doesn't make any sense... why would we vote someone else to be lynched by declaring them to be the most pro-town? I would assume enough votes for Nobody Special could negate votes he had already gained, and likely drop him enough to put someone with more votes against him into the lynch position.

Honestly, I don't understand the system at all though. What's the point of voting during the day if Twilight votes are what really matter?

Because that's how the gods decided it.
No, but lynching is decided by a bare majority, therefore if somebody gets all the pro-town votes during twilight, the person with the second-most lynch votes during the day gets lynched when twilight ends.

In practice, people will rarely believe that somebody is the most pro-town if they get the lynch majority. This does make it easier for scum to shift it to a close bandwagon, and to change the target at lylo especially. At the same time, town can prevent quicklynch victories.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (isolation #17) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:24 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Vote: DGB

DGB's big push on Nobody Special is very suspicious now that NS flipped town.
...what? No, it's not. Were you
expecting
a scumlynch D1? You're just trying to bandwagon.
Vote: Starbuck
After he started pulling a you... frankly I was.

Congrats Nobody Special, you have just earned VI status.

TheLonging wrote:OK so CSL and DGB were wrong about NS.

Vote: Toogeloo
Nikanor wrote:Toogeloo is still probably town.
Vote: DrippingGoofball.

Also, there being nobody to vig ani makes me sad. That means we probably will have to lynch him eventually.
Toogeloo wrote: Aaaaand...

Vote: Chronopie
CSL wrote:^Shit. Forgot about that.

unvote; vote: Chronopie

Eh. That's what you get when you were so focused on watching your best friend's performance at a school, and then the aftermath.

Yeah...my mind is busy.
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:VOTE: DGB
All of you, explain your votes, NOW.

GhostWriter wrote:I gave them a while back.
An answer in light of the current situation, please, as opposed to just going off yesterday's intelligence.

How about NK analysis for example, does that change your suspicions about him at all?

At the very least, you should explain why nothing that's happened recently changes your opinion at all.

Starbuck wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Vote: DGB

DGB's big push on Nobody Special is very suspicious now that NS flipped town.
...what? No, it's not. Were you
expecting
a scumlynch D1? You're just trying to bandwagon.
Vote: Starbuck
Are you seriously asking me that question? Did you see how hard DGB was pushing for NS? It's like she knew he'd flip town.

It's cause nobody special's play after he was fingered was incredibly suspicious, almost to obvious-scum level. There's a reason why I referenced to Chrono's play in SE mafia, he basically did exactly what Chrono did. The fact that NS DID puts him/her firmly in the VI category.

There are intelligent ways to break bandwagons and there are bad ways. NS's way was REALLY bad.

Some VI play is impossible to distinguish from scum play until after the flip, and frankly this was one of them.

AlmasterGM wrote:
Vote: Midnight's Sorrow

Oooh look, I'm so cryptic.
So... you complain about people voting without explanations... and then you do the same thing. Why?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:26 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Toogeloo wrote::igmeou:
Toogeloo wrote:
Chronopie wrote:You guys are idiots. I claimed Mere Human, before it was in anyway indicative of Alignment/role.
Ghostwriter wrote:VOTE: Chronopie. You can die now.
Reasons pl0x

Actually, reasons pl0x all.
My reasons are still pretty much the same as before. You are lurkish, attached yourself to NS's lynch so nonchalantly, and you are active when the discussion turns off topic.
Sorry, I intended to include a seperate quote there, similar to ghostwriter.

Basically, same deal, what if anything, does the information we have toDay change about your opinion on Chrono?

If so how so? If not, why not?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”