Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Mon May 03, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Ojanen wrote:So, which alignment do you guys personally prefer and why did you choose town?
I felt I had no chance of playing scum successfully against this player list.

##Vote: Jack
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Mon May 03, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Nicodemus »

VP Baltar wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:
Ojanen wrote:So, which alignment do you guys personally prefer and why did you choose town?
I felt I had no chance of playing scum successfully against this player list.

##Vote: Jack
Really? You saw the player list before picking alignment?
It was included in the Pick Your Side pm I received.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #2) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Re: Parama. Parama is town. His posting, tone, and voting style are all consistent with my experience of TownParama.

xvart looks quite scummy right now. The continued, willful ignorance concerning the QT quote that Elli posted is pretty damning. "I highly doubt they share the town win condition" is probably the worst result to come out of this. His case on Parama is fairly weak as others have pointed out and his posting looks more self-preserving than others as well.

Others hitting my scumdar right now are:

Llama, for his over-the-top defense of Parama, like when he was defending Parama's guesses at anti-town factions. I'm willing to accept that Parama was joking because Parama does stuff like this, but Llama takes it to a whole different level by saying "anyone can make guesses! Guesses aren't scummy! I'm really on Parama's side here!"

UK, more gut than anything, but some of her early interactions with VP seemed off.

@ Llama: What do you think of UK and Zorblag?

@UK: What do you think of xvart and Llama?

##vote: xvart
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #3) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

UncertainKitten wrote:@Nico: Llama is pretty obvtown. Xvart is pretty obvscum, but VP is as well, and someone needs to keep on VP if he's ever to be lynched.

Also lol "feels off"

Plan on at least ATTEMPTING to justify that?
Not really, no. Like I said, it was just a feeling I got, nothing concrete. I'll let you know if the feeling keeps coming back though.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #4) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Nicodemus »

LlamaFluff wrote:Yeah im going to defend my town reads hardcore. Especially against really bad points. Lets try you. Why is guessing scummy?
Guessing isn't scummy when it's just guessing, but when someone asks you how many scum are in the game and you come back with a very confident, exact number, it
is
suspicious. No townie role, at least in my experience, could possibly give you any clue as to the exact number of scum in a game. If it was a guess, fine, but the way Parama presented the number it sure didn't sound like a guess.

I am however, willing to accept that Parama was joking, because I've seen him do things like this in the past (OMG META Parama), but you defending his, on the surface, non-guess as a guess made me question your motives. We're on the same page with Parama and xvart, though, so I'm willing to drop this for now.

But I'm curious: what is the number of scum that you guess are in this game?

-------------------------------------------

DGB's case looks good, although I admit it seems to be drifting into "too townie to be town" land. I'm going to let Zorblag post a bit more before I come to any conclusions on that front.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #5) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:He displays utter oblivousness to a possible information role and only uses the "joking" assumption to try and back away from a bad situation when both possibilities should have been a consideration in the beginning.
Nicodemus wrote:No townie role, at least in my experience, could possibly give you any clue as to the exact number of scum in a game.
I stand by this. I've never heard of an information role of that type before, one where the exact number of the scum team is revealed to a town-aligned player.

Also, I'm not exactly sure which bad situation I'm supposed to be "backing away from" when I'm offering you my explicit thoughts on the situation. I am of the opinion that Parama was not given explicit role-based information on the number of scum in the game, but I am willing to accept his explanation of his post as a joke. I am not, however, willing to accept his post as a "guess" as Llama is, because there is no way that a townie could make such a guess with the information available to him.
And then he ends the post by mischaracterizing IIoA as "too townie to be town" which is really just a dreadful opinion. Nico needs more votes.
Does dreadful opinion = scummy?
UncertainKitten wrote:@VP: Thanks for proving you're just a dick ^-^.

I reserve the right to ignore every post you make from now on until you get an attitude adjustment and also learn how to post in a readable format.

And also don't spend half a post on completely irrelevant shit.

Oh, right, and you've still never explained how I violated my own tell and decided to woohoo ignore the evidence I had against your fucking idiotic accusation.

Die.

I'll find a way to make sure you die. You most certainly deserve it.

Not much else to respond to,
Do you normally curse this much in-game UK?
popsofctown wrote:I used Mafia 89 Revenge. Generated a random number from 1 to 22. 1 to 3 were mafia, 4 was other, all other numbers were town. I got town.
This explanation. Man it stinks. It stinks even more when you look at the game in question and see that there were actually 5 scum, not 3. A fact that I would assume you were acquainted with since you were a part of the game. To me it looks like you fixed the numbers so that there was a higher perceived probability of you rolling town than there should have been, just to get us to trust your townness that much more.
FoS pops
for this entirely unbelievable explanation.

Phate wagon is good, although I'm wondering why DGB chose to follow Zorblag's lead on starting that wagon when she has a scum read on him.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #6) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Nicodemus »

bleh, this game moves fast.

I feel better about xvart, and worse about pops.

##unvote
## vote: pops
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (isolation #7) » Mon May 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

I need clarification from chronopie before I put my vote on fishy as to what he is implying with the "fishy isn't town" comment, so for now

##vote: RedCoyote
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (isolation #8) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Ellibereth wrote:xvart ( 8 ) Ellibereth LLamaFluff ojanen Nicodemus fishythefish charter UncertainKitten VP Baltar

^^^There's probably more scum/other on this. Guessing Nico.
Ellibereth wrote:Vig can shoot Nico.
When did this happen? Until now I remember you having a town read on me, but now you think I'm scum? I realize that I've done nothing today and not much yesterday to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling about my alignment, but to just switch your read like this with no preface at all makes me wonder.

Also, the xvart wagon is different from the fishy wagon because we didn't know xvart's alignment at the time we were wagoning him. So there's really no reason to think that I would be scum/other just because I was on a wagon that eventually flipped other.

I must admit that I feel completely out of my depth in this game. I just got done reading through the thread, and I still have precious few suspicions. I have a history of reading attacks on me as scummy when that's not necessarily the case, but I still feel like DDD has been tunneling on me for the majority of this game, and I think it's because he feels that I'm an easy lynch target. RC is still troublesome in my opinion, and Elli looks worse with his turnaround on my alignment. However, Shotty to the Body's recent posting does nothing for me, and that added to his lurking (yes, pot and kettle, etc.) leads me to

##Vote: Shotty to the Body
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (isolation #9) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Nicodemus »

OK, I'm here, I haven't read the last ten pages.

Apparently a big part of the case against me is my "role-fishing". What about this is exactly scummy? All I saw was him saying that Fishy was not town, AFTER he had voted for Llama. It looked to me like he was just trying to get out of the limelight for his suspect Llama vote, and shift the attention on to someone else. I wasn't willing to lynch Fishy just because someone makes a comment like that, with no explanation. I know many players who make pronouncements in exactly the same way (DGB, Elli for example). I couldn't tell if chronopie was doing the same thing, or if he had role-based info. So I asked for clarification. Obviously everyone else saw the statement as role-based rather than a simple read, but tell me, how does this make me more likely scum than anyone else? The fact that I'm slower at recognizing a PR than other players? If everyone was able to instantly recognize chronopie as a PR, wouldn't it be kind of meaningless for me to clarify if he was in fact a PR or not, from a scum point of view? We would be killing him regardless, yes? So why does me asking him where his information come from = scum? I wanted to make sure I was following a PR, not a gutread, before I piled on the wagon.

Also, sorry for the lurking, I started a new job and have much less internet access time since I moved back home for the summer. I'll try to stick it out in this game but I might need to be replaced anyway.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”