ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:13 am

Post by ooba »

Join the Wreak Star wagon .. It's the superior wagon cause it has double the chance of scum crumbling under the pressure!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:50 am

Post by ooba »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Wreck Star wrote:@Wreck Star: I think you are stretching things when you say that "he [bv] is trying to get better at lurking".
Actually, that's exactly what he said

It's debatable either way.
CryMeARiver wrote:
Wreck Star wrote:Our wagon seems entirely like a RVS wagon with no basis behind it, which is fine
Did your initial vote on bv310 not have basis or purpose? It seemed like it did:
Wreck Star wrote: Vote: bv310

Pre-emptive lurking vote.
So what exactly is your point here?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:35 am

Post by ooba »

Kast wrote:@ooba/BV promising to stop lurking-
It's not ambiguous or debatable. Reck is completely in the right on this point. He called out BV for his lurking meta, BV promised to try to lurk less. BV is not succeeding in that attempt.

BV and Reck both clearly understood each other; there is absolutely ZERO reason for townies to twist either of BV or Reck's posts to excuse lurking from BV. It sounds like people are pushing a terrible case to discredit Reck.
By debatable, I was not talking about whether BV lurking or not lurking is debatable. It was about what BV meant when he said
BV wrote:I'm trying to get better.
Two ways to take it:
a) I'm trying to get better at the game and lurk less
b) <sarcastic> I'm trying to get better at lurking

Reck, CryMeARiver say its "b" while Konowa says its "a".
Konowa wrote:@Wreck Star: I think you are stretching things when you say that "he [bv] is trying to get better at lurking".
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:15 am

Post by ooba »

Wreck Star wrote:[Starbuck]
On ooba
ooba wrote:Two ways to take it:
a) I'm trying to get better at the game and lurk less
b) <sarcastic> I'm trying to get better at lurking

Reck, CryMeARiver say its "b" while Konowa says its "a".
What game are you reading? Because that's not what was meant at all.

Reck clearly understood what bv said as "a".

Why do you keep reaching with this?

Kast completely sums this up in Post 131
"It's clearly a RVS wagon in the fact that it's not a serious wagon, but bv's OMGUS and
promise to not lurk this game
is something worth talking about."
I missed this the first time around. I was neither trying to discredit Reck nor trying to imply that bv was right if he lurked. I thought it was debatable what Reck\Bv exchange meant - I was wrong.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:49 am

Post by ooba »

totallynotmafia wrote:I did the same kind of thing as scum in my newbie game where I voted for someone and then qualified it by saying it was just a vote for pressure (I was pulled up on in too). I think scum are likely to over-explain and over-qualify everything they do, such as this from FC.
1) Did you play Mafia on any other site - or was MS your first online experience?
2) You don't think playstyle matters - Do you think all newbie scum are prone to over-explaining themselves?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:05 am

Post by ooba »

farside22 wrote:bv and k-7 need to stop lurking/posting crap and contribute.
Why leave out d3x, Scott Brosius and DragonsofSummer?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by ooba »

VRK wrote:@ ooba, 129: given the context of the post, do you find option b to be likely? Did you mean to say wreck/CMAR = b, or did you mean to reverse those?
No CMAR's quote clearly indicates he thought it was "b". I missed Reck's "promise to not lurk this game"; he clearly meant "a" when I made that post. Honestly there wasn't anything in bv's post to hint whether it was genuine ("Take a look at my last few games") or sarcastic ("I think I can get away without posting entirely on D1 here"). I thought "b" was as equally likely as "a" from the wording of his post, which is why I said it was debatable.
d3x wrote:I'd also like a rehash from those Voting the Wreck Star {ooba and bv}. What makes that wagon worth riding? Why should I join up?
Mine was a random vote.
d3x wrote:What makes AGM special? As far as I can tell, he's the only lurker you left out in your redacted Lurker List.
Missed him.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:25 am

Post by ooba »

Scott Brosius wrote:Here, will catch up.
Scott Brosius wrote:Why is everyone claiming? Why did you claim Kast? Why are you revealing who you want to kill?
It took you one day to catch up and post this?
hp [leaves] wrote:THC doesn't look like scum at all.
Did you read the last page?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:58 am

Post by ooba »

hp [leaves] wrote:He claimed mason. That's easily verifiable. For scum, it is not a good idea to fakeclaim mason when your partner is about to get dayvigged. One scum flip and we've found another scum.

It is a good idea to let them live.
You've got me wrong - An early mason claim is confirmed town until proved otherwise. The statement "THC doesn't look like scum at all." implies some amount of doubt ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Post by ooba »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Toon Fighter wrote:Can you claim more than your rolename only, plz, C-3PO?
This. Please. ^^^
Don't answer this THC.
ReaperCharlie wrote:- hp [leaves] & ooba have both danced around whether the mason claim verifyable, but have really only posted fluff... please post something more substantial.
What you mean fluff - I've already posted my thoughts on this - As far as I am concerned they are confirmed town unless one of them flips scum. If THC was scum and wolf was scum with him, I think its a suboptimal play for wolf to reveal himself like that - maybe in a mini, but not in a large game.

The amount of fishing w.r.t THC abilities, wolf's role name, Kast's abilities and role name is scummy as hell.

Unvote. Vote: ReaperCharlie
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:17 am

Post by ooba »

Kast wrote:Pressing Wolf for more info isn't anti-town or harmful rolefishing because Wolf's post is an extremely clear indirect claim already.
This is w.r.t Wolf's role name. Do you agree with the claim for info on additional abilities of THC, Wolf?
Kast wrote:If people want some input in who I shoot, then speak up with your reasons.
* Neutral on hp, only part of his play I didn't like was the "asking people too many questions leads them to contradict themselves".
* Tnm would be a good shot IMO
- Was not thrilled with his reasons for getting onto the FC wagon
- Don't like "it's not like I'm pushing for you to be lynched or anything" - just a vibe
- "Well I think you were right when you said it may be premature, I don't see the point in outing yourself as vig when he's up for the lynch anyway and you hadn't even voted for him yourself. Unless you're trying to take the heat away from FC." - either he hasn't thought about it properly or its POV problem (why vigging gets us an extra lynch)
I'f rather you let him have a chance to reply to this first before shooting though
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by ooba »

wolframnhart wrote:
ooba wrote:This is w.r.t Wolf's role name. Do you agree with the claim for info on additional abilities of THC, Wolf?
I'm sorry i must have missed something/my head not on straight. What are you asking?
Was addressed to Kast. He said fishing for your role name was not scummy as you had made an indirect claim already. So I asked him what he thought about RC asking for more info on other abilities you might have.
Dragon Phoenix wrote:So is this just a bluff and is the mod playing the game along?
No - I do not think Kdub would do that. Will wait for hp's explanations on this.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:37 am

Post by ooba »

Disagree with your vote on Kast.
- I think he's played the Dayvig just as I would have played it. Do you think a vig should always need town approval?

Disagree with your strategy of lynching a person who you might think is SK and posing as a town vig.
- Let's say I can confirm on jD2 that Kast is a SK with day vig abilities. Do you think the best play for the town is to lynch Kast immediately?

Vote: hp [leaves]

I actually think that there's good chance you might be a SK ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:09 am

Post by ooba »

Slicey wrote:I want everyone who voted hp to explain to me why they did so.
Post 367
Wookpedia wrote:Vibro-bladed weaponry was more common on isolated, less civilized worlds such as Tatooine. Jabba Desilijic Tiure's personal Gamorrean guards were known to use vibro-axes, and his skiff crew also used pikes with vibro-bladed cutting edges.
This lends some credence to the Jabba scum faction (looking at the kill signature)
CMAR wrote:Something is telling me that this is a ploy to get us to kill a townie.
Think its stupid to classify anyone as townie just because they have a bounty on them. If its a faction thing, I can easily see scum putting a bounty on one of their own to make people think like this.
CMAR wrote:I also wonder the power of a stun grenade.
Sounds like a one-shot Roleblock ..
Wolf wrote:Let's also not forget that IF there is more then one person in jabba's group (like bobba fet) then they can hammer and get said item and use it, so extra incentive for them.
CMAR wrote:Boba is dead. Greedo is the last one I'd assume since there is likely 3 vs. 3 vs. town in my opinion.
Boba was a neutral - if there is a Jabba faction, he was not part of it
Addn: I guess you got this, looking at your later posts ..
CMAR wrote:Farside is town. I have that info.

Just from the bounty placed on her or are you referring to something else here?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 am

Post by ooba »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
Vote DragonsofSummer

If lurking is an art, you are a grandmaster.
What do you think about the bv and scott wagons?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:17 am

Post by ooba »

WS wrote:ooba- what do YOU think about the bv and scott wagons?
Neutral. Scott seems useless with no original scumhunting until now; bv seems to fixated upon you for some reason. Both haven’t posted much – but neither is scummy.
DoS wrote:Ooba jumps in asking dragon phoenix questions about the wagons that he hasn't commented on himself. Seems like someone trying to look like they are contributing while not putting any ideas forward.
I do not feel the need to comment on everything. If I spot something scummy, I’ll post my thoughts on it. I took up DP’s case there since it was a post\vote which basically did nothing. It sort of reduced the pressure from the other two wagons at that time. Hence my question to him about his thoughts on bv and Scott.

Me claiming information without pressure is good.
I only claimed to have that info so as not to tempt town to lynch farside just for the stun grenade, I wouldn't have if it hadn't been for the bounty, I don't consider myself a noob, and I would never pull that idiotic gambit as scum.
Please do not think your play was good. Your play would have been good if you had done this if Farside had been at L-1. Now, all you've done is out a power role. (I think you've realized this yourself when you post about the Doc\Watcher on you and farside - you just reduced the probability to 50% for scum).
Actually, the purpose of that post was I wanted to know what other people thought of vigs. It genuinely had nothing to do with this game. But I still used the info I got from it.

This is a lie. Although you have worded your first post as though you are asking about a one-shot vig; it is pretty clear that you want info about a one-shot investigate. (and this was created close to the end of this game's D1). Case of clear backtracking after people calling you out for posting out of game thread since you admitted to it before that:
I had no idea what I should do with a one shot investigation. Whether I should keep it for later in the game or use it N1 and try to clear/catch a person. I posted in that forum and TheFonz answer really stuck.
P.S: The purpose of the above was to tell you to stop attacking players by calling them stupid or moronic since your play hasn’t been stellar either. And don't start threads out of game in the future either.
"Force Sensitive (Investigate)"

And lastly, while I believe your claim - I think you've got the entire thing wrong. The wording implies that you can investigate if a person is Force sensitive i.e Luke, Vader etc. and is not a confirmation of alignment. Is there any further explanation of this power in your PM or did you just go with the "Investigate" wording = Cop here?

DP wrote:FC's reason for voting is much better, especially since he had suspcion yesterday, and this just compounded it.
If its much better, how does it compound the suspicion you have on him?

Semi: Do not like your post where you try and say R2 might be scum. He’s a claimed mason with his partner dead. Trying to muddy the waters?

Farside: why aren’t you voting Semi – you sound pretty convinced that he's scum..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by ooba »

bv310 wrote:Posting in response to prod. And since you brought it up Farside, the "read" on Wreck is more of the "Guilty investigation" variety. Not sure why I didn't say it before.
Are we in a dethy variant by any chance? :P .. Have a tough time believing this claim..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by ooba »

bv310 wrote:I am able to sense a player's alliance to the force. I determined wreckstar to be evil.
Your result used the word "evil"? And what does alliance to the force mean? I think "Dark side", "Light side" make more sense as a result .. Need a bit more clarity on this ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by ooba »

Slicey wrote:
danakillsu wrote:
Second, this doesn't make me scummy. It was a mistake. Mistake doesn't equal scummy, at least not in this case.
LRN2RD!!!!!!! I specifically said in that post that I didn't find you scummy!
Oops, my bad. For the record, I don't find you scummy either. Especially with bv being a (likely) investigative role.
Given that bv's claimed target is Wreck, how does bv's role have any bearing on dana's alignment?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by ooba »

V\LA for the next 2 days
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (isolation #21) » Sat May 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by ooba »

My thoughts:

* bv is town. There was no reason why he should claim at that point and I do not see scum fakeclaiming cop so early in the game.

* Pretty sure Wreck is scum.
- Failure to not vote bv as soon as he claimed a guilty on Wreck. The only case where I can see someone waiting for the claim from bv is if they are a miller.
- The flavor is rotten. It does not fit Chewwy at all. I also do not see Chewwy using a "Homing Beacon". As pointed out by WS..
WS wrote:I've played Kdub games before this. He's about the flavor.
My thoughts on this - the empire used a "Homing Beacon" in episode four to track Millenium falcon to Yavin. I think Wreck or one of his scum buddies has a tracker skill; fits flavor wise that way.

* Hence, I think the two scum group theory is right. SoG is also scum from another scum group who was tracked successfully by Wreck or his team. (This is more from experience in previous games like Pirates vs Ninjas and NoXKill; if there are multiple scum groups, they always turn on each other)

I think the plan should be
- Kast shooting WS
- Us moving ahead with a claim from SoG\lynching him
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (isolation #22) » Sun May 02, 2010 1:40 am

Post by ooba »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Here, see for yourself. (This is assuming there are two scum groups and that at least one IF NOT BOTH of Wreck and SoG are scum)

Scenario 1:
Vig Wreck first, with a possible lynch of SoG.
Option 1: Wreck flips town
- We won't know anything about SoG, but we'll know that bv310's investigation results were wrong.
Option 2: Wreck flips scum
- We won't know anything about SoG, but we'll know that bv310's investigation results were right.

Scenario 2:
Vig SoG first, with a possible lynch of Wreck.
Option 1: SoG flips town - We'll know Wreck is lying scum, and bv310's investigation results were right. Lynch Wreck.

Option 2: SoG flips scum - We'll know Wreck is telling the truth, and bv310's investigation results could EITHER be right, OR have been interfered with.

Either way, I feel that Kast killing SoG first will reveal more information. Cuz if Wreck is vigged and flips scum, it won't tell us
anything
about SoG. But if SoG flips scum, due to Wreck's claim we'll have to at least believe that part.

My vote is still for SoG to get vigged
first
, and
that's
why. Not because I have any special feelings for Wreck, but because
we will learn nothing
by vigging Wreck first.

I would rather lose someone who is scum/VT (SoG) than someone who is scum/PR (Wreck) first. If Wreck is a town PR like he claims, then we would be boning ourselves by killing him first.

To put it simply, in my eyes it's better to kill off a VT
and
find a scum (score one for the good guys), then kill off a town PR and have inconclusive evidence about the
other
possible scum (score one for the bad guys).
- In my eyes, there's high probability that both are of opposing scum groups. However, in case this assumption of two groups is wrong - I think lying wreck scum is more probable than a mafia framer. (The flavor not fitting points to that)

- Given that there are two scum groups,
Scenario 1:
Vig Wreck first, with a possible lynch of SoG.
Option 1: Wreck flips town
- We won't know anything about SoG, but we'll know that bv310's investigation results were wrong.
If Wreck flips town, we know SoG is scum. Why would a town Wreck lie about his result?
Option 2: Wreck flips scum
- We won't know anything about SoG, but we'll know that bv310's investigation results were right.
What about the case where Wreck flips tracker scum? You know that SoG is opposite scum for sure.
Scenario 2:
Vig SoG first, with a possible lynch of Wreck.
Option 1: SoG flips town - We'll know Wreck is lying scum, and bv310's investigation results were right. Lynch Wreck.
No problems with this one.
Option 2: SoG flips scum - We'll know Wreck is telling the truth, and bv310's investigation results could EITHER be right, OR have been interfered with.
How is this indicative of Wreck's alignment?

So both option 1's of Scenario 1 and 2 give the same amount of information. I think option 2 of scenario 1 gives more info due to the possibility of Wreck turning up tracker scum.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (isolation #23) » Sun May 02, 2010 8:14 am

Post by ooba »

Scott Brosius wrote:@ooba- What Star Wars character would be tracker scum?
The two people I remember using them in the movies are Boba Fett and Darth Vader. But the former is already dead and the latter should be something much cooler than a tracker IMO. I can see a Vader JoAT with one of the abilities as tracking.

It could also be this guy since he talks with Vader about the homing beacon
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wilhuff_Tarkin
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (isolation #24) » Mon May 03, 2010 4:19 am

Post by ooba »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Kast was V/LA until May 2. It's now May 3.

Just throwing that out there.
Well, he has not made any other posts on the site. He'll be here soon enough I guess.

There's a good third of the player list not posting:
Toon Fighter
Vel-Rahn Koon
AlmasterGM
danakillsu
FC Groningen
DragonsofSummer
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (isolation #25) » Mon May 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by ooba »

Vote: Wreck Star
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (isolation #26) » Sun May 09, 2010 4:32 am

Post by ooba »

Some thoughts on the setup..

WS turned up Greedo (scum tracker). I think this confirms that we are looking at 2 scum groups - Jabba/Tatooine and the Empire. The kill signatures on N1 seem to match this theory. Of course, "sliced in half" could point to a sole Vader SK. While that would be cool, I do not think it is true because of two reasons:
- That would mean the Emperor isn't the game
- And Jabba/Tatooine would become the main villains. Don't see that happening.

Here's the game I was referring to yesterday. Check out Guardian's claim (1056). Both he and erg0 were scum. Two scum groups always fight each other and sort of help the town that way.

Now Kast brings up a good point when he says "WS tracker" = "SoG obv scum" is false. This is correct since the correct play for WS at that point in time (if he did not have a guilty result) is to latch himself onto the next most scummy candidate and claim a result on him.
1) If the town did lynch SoG yesterday and he turns up scum, then WS earns some town cred.
2) If the town did lynch SoG yesterday and he turned up town, hey at least WS got a mislynch of town
3) If WS himself gets lynched, he at least sets up a lynch of SoG today saving his scum partners from suspicion and the noose.

However, that said, given two scummy candidates (Also my read is still neutral on scott - Toon Fighter seems like a much better candidate for scum - esp. with the distancing from WS's results), we should choose SoG over the other given WS's claim.

Vote: SoG

Also off to check out reactions to WS\SoG battle yesterday. I was sure RC would turn out to be scum but guess not ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (isolation #27) » Mon May 10, 2010 7:51 am

Post by ooba »

FS, my views on the 2 scum group are on the previous page.

Unvote

Claim
- Fits flavor wise
- Sounds possible in terms of ability
b) Wreck's lying (he had NO incentive to, he was already dead)
Nope. You are a scum tracker. You know you're going to die.
a) Assuming you have a successful track on somebody, you obviously claim it
b) Assuming you don't your best move is to still claim a successful result. Maybe the town will lynch the other guy over you. If he's scum, you might even live. If town, you at least got one person mislynched. If town lynches you over him, there's a good chance your tracker flip will still get town to lynch the other guy. It's a sub-optimal play to pass it up.

SoG is not our lynch today. Apart from the WS claim, all I had on him was the muddying of waters with him doubting wolf who was a claimed mason. With the Obi-wan claim sounding true, I do think there are better candidates available for today's lynch. Unless
FS wrote:I figure I will be dead with the bounty and I used my OPG on SOG so I'm on the belief he is a SK at this point.
means something. Whats an OPG?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (isolation #28) » Mon May 10, 2010 8:47 am

Post by ooba »

Sorry posting problems .. The fact that there was one less kill adds onto SoG's case - doesn't necessary mean scum but with two charges (well, one confirmed charge anyway), its good enough for a lynch ..

Plus if SoG is town, the downside is limited due to the enabling and generator.

I'll vote once bv unvotes ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (isolation #29) » Mon May 10, 2010 8:54 am

Post by ooba »

^ ebwop: deflector not generator

Also bv never voted SoG, so I'll (or somebody else not voting SoG) wait until we know bv is online..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (isolation #30) » Thu May 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by ooba »

Time for a re-read ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (isolation #31) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:23 am

Post by ooba »

Hey I'm sorry I haven't posted much..

Started on a re-read yest. Got to page 10. No time after that. Expect a big post in about 12 hours time.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (isolation #32) » Sat May 22, 2010 7:01 am

Post by ooba »

Sorry - I've missed most of this day .. RL issues over the last few days .. I'll post again in three hours ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (isolation #33) » Sat May 22, 2010 10:05 am

Post by ooba »

D1 Vote movement

Read as person: Voted for(nth vote at time of voting). I’ve switched the colors around a bit. (Town=Green, Empire=Blue, Jabba=Red)

d3x
:
THC(1)
-> NoVote ->
hp(12)

farside22
: Slicey(1) ->
THC(2)
-> NoVote ->
hp(1)

wolframnhart
:
farside (1)
->
WS(5)
-> FCG(3) ->
hp(11)

ooba
:
WS(1)
->
RC(1)
->
hp(6)

Kast
:
hp(10)

Toon Fighter(millar13)
:
THC(5)
-> NoVote
RC (Konowa)
: Slicey(4) -> FCG(1) -> NoVote -> Scott(4) ->
hp(9)

hp [leaves]
: Slicey (3) ->
WS(4)
->
Kast(1)

CryMeARiver
: DP(1) ->
hp(4)

Dragon Phoenix
: FCG(1) -> Slicey(4) -> FCG(4) ->
hp(5)

Wreck Star
:
bv(1)
->
THC(3)
-> NoVote -> Scott(1) ->
wolf(1)
-> NoVote
Slicey (killa seven)
:
LynchMePls (Vel-Rahn Koon)
: DP(1) -> Slicey(4)
AlmasterGM
: d3x(1)
Scott Brosius
:
hp(1)
->
RC(2)
->
hp(2)

danakillsu
: Scott(1) -> Slicey(5) -> NoVote ->
hp(7)

totallynotmafia
:
SoG(1)
-> FCG(5)
FC Groningen
: dana(1) ->
THC(4)
-> DP(2) ->
hp(3)

semioldguy
: d3x(2) -> FCG(2) ->
RC(1)

TwoHeadedCyclops
: Slicey(2) ->
WS(3)
-> Slicey(6) ->
Kast(1)
->
WS(3)
-> Scott(3)
Kthxbye (DragonsofSummer)
: ooba(1)
bv310
:
WS(2)
-> Scott(2) -> hp(8)

Posts that caught my eye

This is under the assumption we are looking at at least 3 member scum teams. If the Jabba team only had two members, we will know tonight with number of kills. Explanations where I think it is necessary.
A ~ B means I can spot connections between A and B.
A != B means I do not think they are scum together.

Post 16: AlGm ~ d3x – appears forced
Post 44: Very strong DP ~ Slicey here. Apparent contradiction – joins the wagon but calls it “mindless”. Take – Just wants to jump in the BW of his scumbuddy but subtly putting it down at the same time.
54+71+116+131+148: SoG on Slicey. Starts off with strong defense. Slowly backtracks from it as D1 progresses. Could be because of two reasons – a) Scum who’s realized Slicey town could be a valid candidate for a mislynch (or) b) Scum who’s protecting his not so good partner.
Post 107: FCG ~ Slicey
Post 109: Konowa != FCG, based on previous experience with scumpartner Konowa
Post 114: Weak Bus?. SoG voting FCG - “It has a small amount of foul odor.” Sounds very odd.
Post 126:@TF – Subtle defense of WS and putting pressure on now-confirmed town THC
Post 141: @WS – inclination seen to vote someone and FOS his partners. Note: This specifically applies to only Reck part of hydra.
Post 197: @d3x – Three (or Four if scott is not palpatine) confirmed town on scumdar which had four people. Subtle defense of WS. Also unvotes and votes for same person but intial vote was RVS.
Post 203: d3x ~ k7
Post 269: @RC – Shows a tendency to comment about his scum partner i.e refering to the first two lines here. I think possible partner(s) can be found in other mentioned names in the post{hp, AlGm, TF, Scott, DoS and FC}.
Post 276: @FC - FC agrees with me here on RC’s fishing but votes DP for a very weak reason. Now that’s fishy..
Post 289: @WS - Peg Reck as someone who has a high degree of loyalty. He defends RC in this post. Combined with him only FOSing Konowa in 141, I would go as far to say that Reck would have never voted for scum buddies in the game. Note: This again specifically applies to only Reck part of hydra.
Post 341: @DP - Do not like the subtle tar on Kast by implying mod might be playing along

I’m doing D2, will post if I finish now – otherwise tomorrow. Scum list after I read the entire thread.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (isolation #34) » Sun May 23, 2010 9:16 am

Post by ooba »

D2 Vote Movement

d3x
: Scott(1) ->
WS(2)
-> Scott(3)
farside22
: dana(1) ->
WS(4)
->
SoG(3)
->
WS(4)

wolframnhart
:
bv(3)
->
WS(7)

ooba
:
WS(10)

Kast
:
WS(6)

Toon Fighter:

ReaperCharlie
: Scott(3) ->
WS(3)
->
SoG(4)
->
WS(8)

CryMeARiver
: dana(2) ->
WS(2)
->
SoG(2)
->
WS(3)

Dragon Phoenix
: kthxbye(1) -> NoVote ->
WS(9)

Wreck Star
:
bv(3)
-> dana(4) ->
SoG(1)
-> NoVote ->
SoG(3)

Slicey
: dana(2) ->
CMAR(2)
-> NoVote
LynchMePls (Vel-Rahn Koon)
:
AlmasterGM
:
bv(2)

Scott Brosius
:
bv(1)
->
WS( 5)

danakillsu
:
CMAR(1)
-> NoVote
FC Groningen
: Scott(2)
semioldguy
:
WS(5)

Kthxbye (DragonsofSummer)
: TF(1) -> dana(3)
bv310
:
WS(1)

Posts that caught my eye

Post 462: @Slicey - Contradiction – In Post 439, he says – “First off: Not reading any of Day 1. Ask farside, this is how I play now when replacing in. “
Here he says - “Also checking back at mod scene it's very strange that hp leaves wasn't killed. Nowhere in his role name does it say he's bulletproof.“. The day lynch post of the mod never said hp was shot by kast or that he survived. This was not mentioned by any of the previous posters on Day 2 too. Point being – if he’s really telling the truth about not reading day 1, then perhaps he was told of the event by scum partners.

Post 471: @d3x – the last part of the post gives me the vibe that if he’s scum – he is empire scum.
Post 478: @Slicey - mentions “Stormtroopers”. Relevant because if he’s empire scum, then either he is a generic stormtrooper role or that role exists in the empire scum team. Also calls CMAR town right after he reveals an investigation result – possible buddying up to town cop.
Post 491: @AlGm ~ WS – Does not wait for a reply from CMAR, starts a wagon on bv. This is in addition to Post 479 where he says he does not see WS as scummy.
Post 494: @FCG – Contradiction within the post – accepts CMAR’s claim but think its premature to label farside as town
Post 496: @DP – Something I had mentioned at that time – totally ignores the bv and scott wagons to vote DoS. Also totally ignores FCG’s challenge in 494. Therefore DP != FCG
Post 502: @WS – The last line seems tacked on. From the first line you can see WS is suspicious of bv. Therefore, the last is a weak bus on either AlGm or DoS.
Post 507: @d3x – Still don’t get how this is a scumslip. Could you explin this please?
Post 510 - @RC – Tendency to FOS partners and be over defensive about his attitude to them too
Post 518 - @d3x – Do not understand the switch back to scott.
Post 523 - @Slicey – Backtracks on CMAR town opinion. Amazingly spots the weak Fos of RC on wreck which nobody else did at that time.
Post 525 - @Slicey – “scum cop”. Why not just assume scum who’s declared a innocent on a townie? (Reinforced in Post 616)
Post 543 - @TF – Is either VI or is going for the too scummy for scum play
Post 594 - @RC – Defends dana. Calls CMAR vs dana = town vs town
Post 609 – d3x ~ Scott – Based on him saying “Thank you scum” but not following up with any vote or pressure
Post 610 – @FCG “I see a lot of meta and appeals to probability coming from SoG.”. Hmm – SoG never made any appeals to probability
Post 611 – WS ~ TF. Do not like the weak Fos on TF followed by “Can we lynch this guy?”. Seems to believe TF is more scummy than dana but votes dana.
Post 620 – @d3x – Fos’s AGM for what I percieve to be lurking. Why ignore TF who had not posted for an even greater duration. Links to either TF or AlGm
Post 638 – @Slicey – An earlier post indicated he wasn’t sure Kast was obv town. Here he still wants to keep an eye on CMAR.
Post 717 - @Slicey – Pretty strong Slicey ~ SoG. Supports my idea to shoot WS which is cool since it is the rational choice. Talks about how scum WS flip will mean scum SoG. But somehow wants a Reaper Charlie lynch?

Just 7 more pages and I'll have finally caught up to the game.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (isolation #35) » Mon May 24, 2010 7:03 am

Post by ooba »

D3

Scott wagon
: LMP(1) -> bv(2) -> d3x(3) -> bv unvote(2) -> d3x unvote(1)
Slicey wagon
: TF(1)
TF wagon
: Scott(1)
SoG wagon
: Slicey(1) -> wolf(2) -> ooba(3) -> DP(4) -> AlGm(5) -> FS(6) -> RC(7) -> ooba unvote(6) -> Kast(7) -> d3x(8) -> bv(9)

Post 776: @LMP – Cannot determine from his post why he feels both Scott and dana are scum.
Post 778: @LMP - “You thought RC was scummy? Care to share why? I had the opposite read.”. Could be scum partner gloating about RC getting investigated
Post 780: Very strong d3x ~ SoG. Wants to lynch Scott over SoG. I find the fact that he does not mention SoG at all to be most suspicious.
Post 781: @Slicey – This post confuses me. Had a very strong empire read on him so far.
Post 788: @DP – SoG as likely town?
Post 799: @d3x - “I'd be down for sog or Scott, but I'm not really for a QuickLynch here.“. Just think its relevant because of a little theory I have about Day three.

D4

d3x
: dana(2)
wolframnhart
: TF(3) -> dana(4)
ooba
:
Kast
: dana(1)
Toon Fighter
: d3x(4) -> dana(6)
Dragon Phoenix
: d3x(6)
Slicey
: TF(4)
LynchMePls
: TF(2) -> AlGm(1) -> dana(5) -> NoVote
AlmasterGM
: d3x(3)
Scott Brosius
: TF(1)
danakillsu
: d3x(5)
BlazeRB (FC Groningen)
: d3x(6)
Kthxbye
: d3x(1) -> dana(7)
bv310
: d3x(2) -> dana(3)

Post 871 – @DP - “Read: townish/scummish”?
Post 874 – @Kthxbye - excellent post. Mirrors my thoughts on d3x. Although he is reaching with the later points like “If everyone is gunning for the shield, why would you then put the L-1 down?”,
Post 896 – @Kast\LMP - Just because I cannot stop myself – Agree with Kast here – torturing seems to be a emperor kill sign.
Post 897 – @d3x
1) Why the need to comment on Kast’s one line?. Further pointing to the fact that if d3x is scum, he is empire scum.
2) DP ~ d3x. Comments on DP’s ISOs but asks him why he choose that particular order instead of the more pertinent point – Town on dana, scott, toon, FCG, dana. Null on kthx. Scummy on nobody?
3) “It should look like 'I don't want us to QuickLynch a potentially Town aligned PR considering he's been tracked performing a Night Action that he doesn't want to be outted'. “ – Hmm SoG just said he did not track anyone – could also point to VI (at that point before the claim).
4) Mentions AGM at the end without any previous mention
Post 925: Slicey != TF
Post 957 + earlier post 909: One or both of Strong Slicey ~ d3x. Strong Slicey ~ dana.

My scum list in next post. Gimme about half an hour to collate my thoughts
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (isolation #36) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:59 am

Post by ooba »

@Mod
: Please remove the duplicate post above

Imperial scum possibles:

Slicey

- SoG’s initial defense of k7
- The contradiction about knowing hp was bulletproof when he said he does not re-read earlier days leads me to believe he got a synopsis from his scum buddies
- Backtracking of CMAR town opinion was scummy
- Plus I have a theory due to 523, 525 and 717: These posts indicate that Slicey was sure that RC was scum on D2. In fact he spotted RC’s weak Fos of WS which no-one else did because he was so focused on RC. Plus his slip that CMAR might be a “scum cop” who was trying to get a innocent on a townie. Why not just say CMAR is scum goon trying to claim innocent on somebody else for townie points? Since the jabba group had a tracker, we can safely say that the empire group would have an investigative role.

In short, I believe Slicey is a scum role cop who caught RC jabba.

Also there’s the fact of the N3 night kill choice by the empire – if torturing is palpatine’s kill sig, why did they pick RC? Why not pick wolf or kast? Someone might bring up the argument that they might have thought RC might be a GF, but logic dictates that if you are trying for a cross kill, you try and kill one of the other uncofirmeds since you might hit other scum member(s)+GF giving you better chances. Only point where that does not hold true is if you know RC was scum.

d3x

- Initial scumdar of four had all confirmed town (if you count scott as town)
- My scum read is based on links with Slicey and day three play
- I think Kthx has already mentioned it but I’ll give you the on-the-go version. First post of the day basically ignores SoG and aims to see if one can get an alternate lynch going on scott. Second post wants SoG to be able to claim. The subsequent voting of SoG can be ignored as a contradiction since it was very clear that SoG was the lynch that day after farside’s claim.
- Plus another point which no one has brought up – SoG’s claim was the most plausible of all scum claims. (it convinced me and Kast). I am sure the empire team put in some effort into that since SoG was on the town suspect list. My point being – it was very good flavor wise – d*x had already claimed to be a star wars nerd earlier in the thread and his post of avoiding a quicklynch give me a vibe that he had a role to play In preparing that FC.

Links between Slicey and d3x
- Slicey has never voted for d3x and vice versa
- Post 203 where d3x defends the k7 lynch as a policy lynch
- Post 967 where Slicey comes to the aid of d3x. Plus 957,909.

DP
has a strong chance of imperial scum
- If there are four members, DP has a good chance of being the last scum.
- Tag him as someone who just wants to survive and be in the background. His most recent analysis is an example of this.
- I think post 341 on day one was scummy.
- The “mindless” bandwagon vote on Slicey is a strong link.

Dark horse candidate:
FCG
. I spotted links SoG and FCG and k7 and FCG. However not as strong as d3x. Plus DP totally ignoring FCG’s challenge posts already lead me to think only one of DP, FCG can be scum i.e they cannot be partners.

Jabba Scum possibles:

AlGm

- Defense of WS: 491
- Starting wagon on bv without hearing an opinion from his previous suspect: 497
- WS’s weak bus in the last line of 502
- Active lurking for the most part so the fact that I found such strong links in so little posts is telling

Dana

Two major points brought out by Kast
- The strongest point - The entire torture=GMT jump seems odd. Plus add the fact that she brought out GMT might be an investigative role - Probably points to inside info
- The last few posts where dana thinks bv might be GMT and trying to tar him points to panicked scum OR paranoid town.
- RC calling dana vs CMAR = town vs town
- However I cannot see any links from dana’s side to RC or WS

Another point about the Jabba scum. The “swallowed” kill sig either points to Jabba or one of his monsters. Now the fact that FS had already claimed that she had used up the one shot roleblock power she had meant that she was as powerless as wolf or Kast? So why not kill them – after all wolf is the partner of a claimed mason and kast had demonstrated his day vig ability. You could have always argued about FS being GF later and saying something like “I do not see anybody in the SW universe having a one-shot protect”. Point being, with superior kill options – I think farside was killed because she was suspicious of the Jabba team.
farside22 wrote:WS notes in iso:

Town: bv310, wolf, Kast, Charlie

leaning town:
ooba, Scott, danakillsu

leaning scum

Dragon Phoenix, Konowa, FC, Alamaster, d3x, Slicey

Scum: SOG, ToonFighter

WS orginal vote on Scott here
Slight scum read from WS here on Scott post 541

Note this leads me to believe dana not scum with WS post 611 but increases my belief that TF is scum.

Anyone not on the list put under neutral.
I think the fact that FS suspected Almaster to be scum and dana to be town makes me think that AlGm has more chances of being the last Jabba scum than dana.

So I’ll
Vote:AlGm
. Also I’d like people respond to any posts of theirs I’ve highlighted and asked questions of.

P.S: Regarding claim, I think we’ve had most of the prominient characters claiming save some. Most of the people left are going to be minor. Clearing anybody because they claimed a minor character is funny.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (isolation #37) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:27 am

Post by ooba »

LynchMePls wrote:@ooba: The reason you vote AGM over dana is farside's opinion? If so, then why doesn't Toon Fighter make a much better lynch? Toon Fighter has been on pretty much EVERYONE's scum list, including CMAR and farside (in fact, farside's scum, not just leaning scum), but he doesn't appear to even make your list. Why do you think TF isn't scum?
Two reasons for AGM over dana:
1) While I can see RC defending dana, I cannot see dana linking from his side to either WS or RC. AlGm's bv wagon vote without waiting for a CMAR reply is a strong defense.
2) The farside kill - I think Jabba group killed her because she caught all of em. If dana was in the team, I think they would have let her live.

I have TF pegged as a VI.

Regarding dana's claim:
- I believe it because I was expecting to see a town redirector in the game. (Primarily based on SoG and WS's comments on redirection). If you look at the exchange closely, you can see SoG was accusing WS of either being a redirector or having a redirector on their team. WS replies seem to indicate that he was just using apparent redirection or framer roles as a reason for bv to get a guilt on him; I do not get the vibe that he had a redirector on his team. Therefore, SoG had acted like he had been redirected and WS was acting like he had no clue - this can only mean a town redirector. (Or bus driver as in this case)
- I don't like the flavor part. Only point in favor here is that if the mod wanted to introduce a busdriver into the game, a fighterpilot makes more sense than other roles.

Point 1 and reasons mentioned at the start of the post make me think AGM is our best bet for Jabba scum.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (isolation #38) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by ooba »

d3x wrote:
Three (or Four if scott is not palpatine) confirmed town on scumdar which had four people.
And? Let's assume that we didn't get investigations on both GFs {if there is a 2nd one} and SB really is Town. What does that mean? Are you telling me that you've never been completely wrong on a Scum List before?
Of course not - however a fully town scum list D1 list will come more from scum than town.
d3x wrote:
the last part of the post gives me the vibe that if he’s scum – he is empire scum.
I'm not following you. Can you be a bit more specific on what I'm supposed to have done?
I believe each faction will be more emphatic when hunting scum of the other faction. When you lend support to my theory about farside being a possible Jabba-ite, (and in a slightly emphatic fashion with "This") it gives a vibe that you're more prob-empire scum.
d3x wrote:
d3x ~ Scott – Based on him saying “Thank you scum” but not following up with any vote or pressure
I was already Voting him. I don't get this point.
My mistake.
d3x wrote:
Fos’s AGM for what I percieve to be lurking. Why ignore TF who had not posted for an even greater duration. Links to either TF or AlGm
I don't really remember specifically what that was about. The prod request was for VRK though, not AGM.
Look below . (Point regarding selecting FoS'ing and calling out)
d3x wrote:
Very strong d3x ~ SoG. Wants to lynch Scott over SoG. I find the fact that he does not mention SoG at all to be most suspicious.
Mmkay. I felt Scott was more suspicious than sog.
I have no problems with you finding Scott more suspicious. My main problem is that you did not add anything about SoG in your post.
d3x wrote:
“I'd be down for sog or Scott, but I'm not really for a QuickLynch here.“. Just think its relevant because of a little theory I have about Day three.
Something you'd like to share with the rest of us Amazing Larry? {Pee-Wee quote, couldn't help myself}
It was in the next post :P
d3x wrote:
1) Why the need to comment on Kast’s one line?. Further pointing to the fact that if d3x is scum, he is empire scum.
Which one liner? The 'nice job' one? I think it was a valid question. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever got a response.
If a particular person chooses to go out of the way and focus on a particular line of another player's line, I attribute two reasons to it
a) The second player is actually scum with the first and just wanted to say something to his scumbuddy. (check out RC's posts - if I remember he address WS once or twice when there was no need for it). Since it was kast, this was not the case here.
b) The second player had something to do with the topic in question i.e if it was about night kills, then it could be a subconscious form of scum gloating (or) a doc commenting on somebody else's theory about lack of night kills etc.
d3x wrote:
2) DP ~ d3x. Comments on DP’s ISOs but asks him why he choose that particular order instead of the more pertinent point – Town on dana, scott, toon, FCG, dana. Null on kthx. Scummy on nobody?
He hadn't done the other 1/2 of the player list.
1/2? The only people he missed out by not giving any kind of comments were AGM, LMP, Slicey and me.
d3x wrote:
3) “It should look like 'I don't want us to QuickLynch a potentially Town aligned PR considering he's been tracked performing a Night Action that he doesn't want to be outted'. “ – Hmm SoG just said he did not track anyone – could also point to VI (at that point before the claim).
I'm not following. sog didn't Claim tracker. Why would he then say that he Tracked someone?
Sorry I used the verb track instead of "visit". But just noticed that you used the modifier "potentially" so this point is irrelevant now.
d3x wrote:
4) Mentions AGM at the end without any previous mention
AGM had been active Lurking this entire game. Aside from the fact that I have mentioned him before, I don't see how stating my suspicion on someone who hasn't been posting is relevant.
Well, its relevant because of not who you called out for lurking, who you choose not to call out to too. Why not call out TF? The only case where I could understand a specific lurker case call out is if you had posted a case or had questions for him; which was lacking in your post.
d3x wrote:
My scum read is based on links with Slicey and day three play
You're building a case against me based on connections of a player that hasn't flipped and isn't even under suspicion? Weird.

I have links between you and SoG, slicey and SoG. So I will think I am on the right lines when there are links between you and Slicey.
d3x wrote:
I think the fact that FS suspected Almaster to be scum and dana to be town makes me think that AlGm has more chances of being the last Jabba scum than dana.
I don't get this at all. farside wasn't an investigative Role. Given we know that her opinion wasn't based on Scum motivations, but that doesn't mean her suspicions are on target. Also, she had RC as Town.
Well she had konowa as scum (RC's predecessor) - that might have given him a bit of a jolt. I was linking this to the fact that she was night killed; I think it was due to her suspicions because there were superior kills.

d3x wrote:You can cry OMGUS if you want, but ooba has built circumstantial/connective cases against a few players {namely me and Slicey/k7} while prefering to Vote a Lurker. This doesn't make sense and doesn't sit well with me.
I've pegged both you and Slicey as empire scum based on links with SoG.
1) Reducing my case on AGM to a mere "lurker" one is laughable
2) It makes more sense to go for possible Jabba scum (assuming 3 vs 3) since that would reduce a night kill in the night
PoV problems noted

Looking back at your ISO, your post 40 highlights the problems you have with both TF and dana - but you choose to vote dana. What changed between then and now for you to think that the TF wagon is the superior one?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (isolation #39) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:05 am

Post by ooba »

vezopiraka wrote:Sorry. I'm vanilla. I read until page 36 and then got bored. 4 hours of reading don't go well. Anyone care to iluminate me?
vezopiraka wrote:I told you that it was 2 am at that moment. Last 3 pages I read someone said that 1 scum was left in jabbas team. I just said that the last cause I didn't thought that saying "the last guy or the last two guys " sounds good.
Which last three pages do you mean?
- Pages 33,34 and 35 have no speculation on the size of scum teams
- If its the last three pages before you replaced in, then you are lying about having stopped at 36
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (isolation #40) » Mon May 31, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by ooba »

danakillsu wrote:Come on, Slicey, you can do it. Just go ahead and hammer the guy. He's given up anyway, so he's no use to the town.
Reminds me of the Emperor saying "Kill him! Kill him now!". Lol.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:48 am

Post by ooba »

Has me thinking d3x is on the dark side of the force.

All in all, I think you just wanted to make sure you were on the wagon of a scum buddy who was going down anyway.
While I agree with d3x = scum, I think you agree that his interactions ala the SoG lynch make it more likely for him to be empire scum. Assuming at least 3-3, our best move is to hunt for the remaining Jabba scum right?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:27 am

Post by ooba »

Unvote. Vote: TF

You should claim as soon you come to the thread TF.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #43) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:43 am

Post by ooba »

vezopiraka wrote:II reread the pages. I said I didn't finished them then
Btw this is the reason why I still endorse the vezo wagon. I get a vibe that he's lying.

My wagon preference: Vezo > TF > dana. Should be active for most of the time so moving my vote shouldn't be a problem.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (isolation #44) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by ooba »

Toon Fighter wrote:
ooba wrote:
vezopiraka wrote:II reread the pages. I said I didn't finished them then
Btw this is the reason why I still endorse the vezo wagon. I get a vibe that he's lying.

My wagon preference: Vezo > TF > dana. Should be active for most of the time so moving my vote shouldn't be a problem.
Thats just scummy. If you prefer vezo wagon, why put me at L-2? -.-
I didn't see the Vezo lynch happening. But still put that thought out there in case somebody changed their mind.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (isolation #45) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:35 am

Post by ooba »

bv310 wrote:So, I attempted to investigate d3x last night, and got a result of "you are unable to determine his alignment". I gather from this that he is the Emperor, and as such needs to be lynched. I'll elaborate later, when I'm not on an iPod.

vote: d3x
Why do you assume d3x is a GF when you got a false positive on the last GF?
bv wrote:Reaper_Charlie is determined to be good.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (isolation #46) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:43 am

Post by ooba »

Slicey wrote:I'm sorry that you find scumhunting scummy.
It's the surety which I find scummy. We already know one scum team had an investigative role to find the other one - its not a stretch to assume the other one had one too.
Slicey wrote:Your theory holds no water because RC was a GF, and thus I would have gotten an innocent result if I was a scum cop.
I said rolecop would have given you "GF". Or namecop would have given you "Jabba".

Ok. My thoughts:

- I believe my point about the false positive on RC still holds. Consider this: Do you really think the Emperor would be a less powerful role than Jabba? Jabba gets "Good" result but the Emperor gets "Undetermined"?
- The more simpler explanation is a jailkeep on bv. Not only does this explain his result, it also explains the lack of night kills on bv. So if we are looking at two teams active, both of them targeted bv.

What I am saying is that bv's result is not indicative of d3x's alignment. I find the entire wagon which built up suspicious.
Vote 1: bv - town - ignore
Vote 2: dana - "as per bv's result\advice" - distancing from vote - "Hey the only reason I voted d3x was because of bv". But post 1142 redeems this.
Vote 3: Blaze - just hops on
Vote 4: LMP - Probably the most town sounding person out of other five on the wagon. I think the droid alignment = undeterminable speculation is good. In fact the droid theory + torture kill flavor may mean a torture droid role.
Vote 5: Vezo - just hops on
Vote 6: DP - votes based on investigation result

- It could be town responding to a quick suspicious wagon but yet another case of Slicey defending d3x noted.
- DP's play is questionable. I'd expect someone with 3000+ posts to at least consider RBing or JKing to an "undetermined" result. Add to this, the fact that he's one of the people on the wagon

Vote: DP
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (isolation #47) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:50 am

Post by ooba »

danakillsu wrote:
What I am saying is that bv's result is not indicative of d3x's alignment. I find the entire wagon which built up suspicious.
I really don't like it when people do this. Could you please give your read on d3x? You can't always stay off a wagon just because of the other people on it. If he's scum, he's scum, and the other people on his wagon might be scum of an opposing party.
I've given my read of d3x on D4 - I had a strong empire read on him and saw links between him and Slicey.

I am "staying" off the wagon because of the following reasons
- We need d3x to weigh in. If he's scum, he might have very useful information for town. (ala WS on SoG)
- I think the investigation result is null. I want all the people who jumped onto the wagon to tell me if they have other reasons to vote d3x than the result. Even if you assume opposing scum on the wagon, weak reasoning might point to inside information.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (isolation #48) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by ooba »

- Claim sounds familiar to dana's. If Blaze flips "One-shot commuter" like he claims to be, dana is town.
- The entire "Pork" breadcrumb=town is absurd. I mean, we already know scum have been given fake-names (not saying fake claims because of hp and WS's botched up claims). It is null.

"Wait a minute, even if I am town, your going to get rid of me, I promise you are making a big mistake. Try to remember that D3x is the possible scum at the moment."
This statement makes me think this entire game might be similar to Pirates vs Ninjas where scum had a one-shot kill immunity to opposing scum kills. This explains both the RC kill (even when he was confirmed) and the lack of any kills yesterday.

totallynotmafia - Crix Madine (Alliance Townie), stabbed in the back Night 1
TwoHeadedCyclops - C-3PO (Alliance Mason), sliced in half Night 1

CryMeARiver - Yoda (Alliance Jack-of-All-Trades), stabbed in the back Night 2

farside22 - Wes Janson (Alliance One-Shot Roleblocker), swallowed Night 3
ReaperCharlie Konowa - Jabba the Hutt (Scum Godfather), tortured to death Night 3

Note the lack of an empire kill on N2. Farside claimed a OPG on SoG but I wonder if that scum team would have risked SoG making the kill again when WS had claimed on him. This also explains why empire killed RC even though he was confirmed on Day 3. And I think Night 4 might be a cross kill night.

I think this is more probable than my Jailkeep on bv theory because no pro town person has claimed this yet and I do not see scum not using JK on bv all along.

Unvote. Vote: Blaze

So Blaze if you are scum, you should full claim like WS did.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 am

Post by ooba »

IF I was mafia for sure, which group do you think I would be in?
Jabba.

[hr]90p/hr]
- Claim sounds familiar to dana's. If Blaze flips "One-shot commuter" like he claims to be, dana is town.
I will stick by this read for now.
Reasoning: Dana gave the flying flavor before Blaze did. I am quite certain scum only got fake names - you just have to look at hp's and WS's botched claims for that.

1213 seems to set up a dana lynch irrespective of what Blaze flips as?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (isolation #50) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by ooba »

Jan Dodonna. Breadcrumb below.
ooba wrote:Disagree with your vote on Kast.
- I think he's played the Dayvig just as I would have played it. Do you think a vig should always need town approval?

Disagree with your strategy of lynching a person who you might think is SK and posing as a town vig.
- Let's say I can confirm on
jD
2 that Kast is a SK with day vig abilities. Do you think the best play for the town is to lynch Kast immediately?

Vote: hp [leaves]

I actually think that there's good chance you might be a SK ..
I'll need to re-read the last couple of days again.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (isolation #51) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:54 am

Post by ooba »

Couldn't resist. Quick thoughts:
- Kthxbye is confirmed town in my eyes. I was slightly wrong in pegging N4 as a Jailkeep on bv but mass roleblock also fits.

- LMP's attack on Kthxbye gives me scum vibes rather than newbie panic vibes. We are approaching a position where number of confirmed town might outnumber scum soon. In fact, LMP's play seems analogous to Joh's play in my recent game of Greek Mythology where we more or less narrowed down all the scum by elimination - Joh then starts attacking the "confirmed"ness of everyone including the masons.

- DP's claim of NK screams SK\GF - but why would he claim it? I cannot see a scum motivation for it (except probably the WIFOM). I'd rather lynch one of LMP/d3x/Slicey over DP today.

- I do think {4 empire-2 jabba-1 neutral-15 town} is more probable now since we have not had a Jabba kill for 2 nights in a row. Based on Day 6 reactions alone, I would say there's a good chance for all three of LMP/d3x/Slicey to be scum together.
* Slicey still thinks d3x is town - attacks DP
* LMP - "Not me" as in "I'm not looking for a speed lynch on d3x" - attacks Kthx
* d3x mild attacks Scott in 1318
None of them attack each other and are trying to paint others as scummy. I need to re-read to spot any similar behavior and mild scum bus's between this group over the last few days.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:51 am

Post by ooba »

Half way through my ISO reads. Something for Slicey:

"I think there is at least one scum between Blaze and dana." - Your thoughts on this now after the Blaze flip?

"BTW, totally forgot to mention this earlier, but I have a pretty good reason to believe that Vezo is fakeclaiming." - you should share this info right now.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1384 (isolation #53) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:26 am

Post by ooba »

d3x wrote:@dan- Why do you think we won't be getting 'much more' evidence for today? Are you assuming that Scum will largely shut up because the Lynches on the table {MisLynch in my case}? What about ooba's information on vezo? What about the players who have not even posting today yet {vezo's V/LA until the 17th, wolf}?

In fact, until we hear from ooba...
UnVote
Umm. It's actually Slicey's info on vezo.
But I'd rather you not lynch anyone until I have my say - I'll be wrapping my ISOs in about a day's time..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by ooba »

Regarding patterns of fake claims.
- Kdub's last game was Chronicles of Narnia Mafia
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=850
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/iNmhe77xA4dnT
None of the scum fake claims were related to each other. There was one major character fake claim (Edmund Pensive) and two minor character claims (Prof. Kirke and Tumnus).

Major:
Han Solo (Kast) ***
R2D2 (Wolf) ***
C-3PO (THC) ***
Luke Skywalker (bv) ***
Yoda (CMAR) ***

Lando - HP fake claim - Boba Fett
Chewwie - WS fake claim - Greedo
Obi wan - SoG fake claim - Darth Vader

Leia Organa (Kthxbye) ***

Pilots:
Wedge Antilles (DP) ***
Derek Kilvian (vezo)
Biggs Darklighter (dana) ***
Vanden Willard (TF)
Wes Janson (farside) ***
Jek Porkins (BlazeRb)

Officers:
Carlist Rieekan (Slicey)
Jan Dodonna (ooba)
Mon Mothma (LMP)
Admiral Akbar (Scott)
Crix Madine (TNM)

Others:
Wicket (d3x)

Unknown:
???? - RC fake claim - Jabba

- All three factions which were not town got a major fakeclaim like in the previous game.
- I would expect other fake claims to follow last game's pattern - not connected. So if one empire scum turns up in Pilots, I would concentrate in Officers for his partner.
- I am guessing symmetry of roles points to RC being an officer. (6 and 6) Therefore in case there is a last jabba scum, they should be in the pilots.

We know two facts:
- Scum have been given fakeclaims
- And based on Kdub's last game, he's taken care to make sure they are not connected and not probably auto-lynch

This is my biggest point for not lynching d3x today. Nearly done with my other post on who we should lynch.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1445 (isolation #55) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by ooba »

I'm sorry. If you read the game I was modding, you would know that my internet at home is broken. Writing this from a friends house - will put my post up soon.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1448 (isolation #56) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:16 am

Post by ooba »

ISOs
(Note ~ means connected to)
d3x
Voting history: THC -> HP -> Scott -> SoG -> dana -> vezo -> TF -> Blaze -> DP
~ Slicey: Defense of K7 - ISO:6
~ LMP: "I'm not feeling LynchScum"
Conclusion: Neutral on the connections with vezo - since he has admitted in thread that he has bussed his partners in previous games - However I would say that vezo would not be the GF since he put him at L-1. Strong slicey and LMP connection; has not attacked Slicey and LMP for the most part.

DP
Voting history: Blaze -> Slicey -> Blaze -> HP -> WS -> SoG -> d3x -> dana -> d3x
~ Slicey: Votes Slicey in ISO:4 but votes for Blaze in next post immediately
~ Vezo: Calls AlGM's lurking "typical scum lurking" but does not vote him?
~ d3x: "regular contributions, nothing particularly standing out, except an error in quoting that I think scum would be more careful about. Read for the time being: neutral."
- His PbPa does not include any of these other four players
- @DP: You agreed with Kthxbye saying "Out of blaze, dana, and DP, precisely 2 are scum." - what are your current thoughts on dana?
Conclusion: DP is not scum with LMP. Mild links with other three. Would probably say that he's not scum with d3x too.

LMP (VRK)
Voting history: DP -> Slicey -> Scott -> TF -> AlGM -> dana -> TF -> Vezo -> TF -> d3x -> BlazeRb -> DP
~ Slicey: VRK’s very first post votes Slicey. The “lulz, joking” is odd; maybe he was afraid k7 might do something stupid”
~d3x: “This should be good if your evidence is really enough to overcome the mountain of a case against dana?” + “This is a fascinating question.”
Conclusion: Very strong d3x connections – esp. Due to the occasional chainsaw of Kthxbye for the d3x case. Votes but then is not “happy” with the d3x wagon. I can also confidently say that LMP and dana are not scum together.

Slicey (k7)
Voting history: dana -> CMAR -> SoG -> TF -> DP -> dana -> DP
- @Slicey: "I think there is at least one scum between Blaze and dana." - Your thoughts on this now after the Blaze flip?
- @Slicey: "BTW, totally forgot to mention this earlier, but I have a pretty good reason to believe that Vezo is fakeclaiming." - you should share this info right now.
Conclusion: I haven't listed em here but numerous occasions where he thinks d3x is town. ISO:47 itself points to strong LMP, d3x connections.

Vezo (AlGM)
Voting history: d3x -> bv -> WS -> SoG -> d3x -> dana -> d3x -> TF -> dana -> d3x -> BlazeRB
Conclusion: Not scum with d3x. Other than that, IDK. (In unrelated news: Vezo in isolation makes me feel that he might be an alt)

Lynch Candidates

- Atleast two scum in the list of unconfireds\uninvestigated {d3x, Dragon Phoenix, Slicey, LynchMePls, vezokpiraka}
- Someone asked me who I would like to lynch out of the officers\pilots. I think lynching one of the pilots is a better choice since we already have three confirmed town flips in the pilots (3/6) vs 1 flip in the officers (1/5).
- However I just cannot see any strong links with either Vezo or DP with respect to the other people in the above list.
- I have already said this but I do not see a scum DP claiming NK-kill immune. Why wouldn't he just claim a VT?
- If it was unclear, very strong d3x-LMP-Slicey. I saw this at the start of this day based on last two days play and ISOs just reaffirmed that.
- Out of the three, I am again uncomfortable with lynching d3x first because of the wicket claim; maybe a classic anti-mass claim role
- Thus I'd be happy with lynching either of Slicey or LMP today.

Unvote. Vote:Slicey
because the d3x links were stronger but will swing for a LMP lynch too.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1645 (isolation #57) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by ooba »

Kudos LMP, very well played!

A very fun game. I've also nom'd the game for best setup since I thought it was well balanced.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1662 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by ooba »

nevermind wrote:http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/hWaKf23S7a687
there you go lol
RC's going to be really pissed ...

Edit: Thought it was the scum QT
Last edited by ooba on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (isolation #59) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:07 am

Post by ooba »

- Yup. I actually thought the bounty prize was random and thats why it was the BP.

- Agree with Kdub:
Redirector > Roleblocker
Alliance cop > Tracker
Bounty is actually much more versatile since it can get your team an advantage if you have a single very pro-town looking player in your team. He\She can hammer and take the item. The secret vote is dependent on the player making it to the endgame.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”