Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

REading thru as i go.

Ellibereth's plan is good.
Orto wrote:that benefit sounds completely negligible compared to the risk of finding a scummy player "really really pro-town" to begin with, coupled with the WIFOM of not knowing whether the people who died died because they were randomly selected, or because they are the only (or one of the few) townies in there.
Nope. Overthinking. Protecting a player you think is town at the expense of possibly losing scummy-looking townies, or lurkers, is good.
Parama wrote:The safe zone just seems like a way for mafia to keep other scum from getting dayvigged. If we vote scum as the Gatekeeper then they'll likely move all their scumbuddies into the safe zone.
Yeah, because there is no chance of them getting lynched doing that.

Tbh, I think the point of the gate is to avoid protown looking players being subject to the Fritzler Effect (TM).

We should also bear in mind that having a gatekeeper at LyLo is a huge problem.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Oops. That was an old draft. When I think about it, it's actually a semi-open setup, since you have SOME info about the roles.
We need to clarify this: A semi-open game is one where all possible roles are known, but not whether they are actually in the game, or who has them. If this is genuinely semiopen, there are no roles beyond the two on the front page. If it isn't, there may be PRs.

SOG: Going out on a limb- protown sign.
yabbaguy wrote:Wait: easy fix. Majority members who know themselves to be bulletless are basically miller equivalents and should claim straightaway.
:BADPOSTING:

If there are unarmed town and armed scum, then being unarmed doesn't make you a miller equivalent.

There's also the fact that consistently being in the safe zone and not dying makes someone scummier.

Lurkerhunting is good (ELL).

Anon's 160 is a BAD POST. TRying to figure out how to make the setup work for town is a very protown early game thing to do.

Actual scumhunting from Orto.

Though, Orto 165: rolefishing?

173 = MEGA rolefishing. Clearly, anyone who thought it open isn't going to have a power role.

SOG spotting this is a very protown sign.

HATE Ortolan's response here.

I don't like 201 either. You don't have to think it was, or that it wasn't. You can hold open the possibility of it without thinking it's definitely the case. I struggle to see a protown reason for calling for that poll though, and i can definitely think of a pro-scum one, so it's scummy.

Who killed Parama? 205 stinks of town.
charter wrote:
unvote, vote Ellibereth

I think Cobalt and Ellibereth and HH are scum.
I think bird and SOG are town.
1-3 on the scum picks.
Right on bird, and I think likely right on SOG.
ortolan wrote:hey you do realise that power roles can simply lie? hey, who'da thunk it
TOWN SHOULD NOT LIE
Nachomamma8 wrote: However, power roles are often paranoid about outing themselves like that; it's far simpler just to lie and let someone else point out the problems with the poll. After all, how important is it to answer a poll truthfully that you feel might out your role?
You're assuming they answer the question in the first place, which is a bad idea. If they lie then claim power, they are less likely to be believed. If they tell the truth, they're marking themselves down as likely power (some VT could have thought it closed). Either answer is bad, which is why asking was ridiculously scummy.

Me, a bit further up wrote:
Who killed Parama? 205 stinks of town.
It WOULD be 'me,' wouldn't it?
chamber wrote:Someone that still has a bullet should shoot orto.
Yes, and i'm a little surprised it hasn't happened.
ortolan wrote:I saw something that made me think Bogre town, .
Taking my tunnelvision goggles off for a moment, i'd be interested in hearing more on this line.
ortolan wrote:You should always be trying to find the most likely to be scum, not arbitrarily dividing the game into different phases e.g. "I don't think it's appropriate for a lurker hunt now". If they are scum then they will be scum at all phases of the game. They aren't suddenly more likely to be scum just because it's day 3.
Except, that, y'know, later on they will either be dead or posting. Both are easier to read than nonposters.
Would it help if I told you I am fantastic at playing scum, never blatantly rolefish, and have never been caught for something so menial as what you describe? It would be nice if you put in the effort to do some meta research if you're so confident I am scum out of the currently active players.
A big pile of WIFOM? Awesome.
charter wrote: Ortolan is town as well.
Explain.
Anon wrote:Wy do you think I am scum, charter?
charter wrote:Lack of protownness.
Awesome.
semioldguy wrote: @Anon
Why did you shoot HackerHuck? You hadn't mentioned him at all prior to shooting him.
Blatantly genuine scumhunting here.
semioldguy wrote:if it doesn't end the day, let's just elect a Gatekeeper, put someone in the safe zone and have all of us shoot at him (or two of us shoot him and the one of the last two shoot the other). Accomplishes the same as charter's plan but we would be much less likely to be cut down to a four player game.
Wasting shots is only worth it if you commit to lynching those who don't shoot.

If there are two scum left, Semiold MUST be scum. Ranged against that is the very protown read i have on him.

Also, we're nolynching. Thanks.

Vote: No lynch
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by The Fonz »

SOG: Not that i don't utterly agree that town roles should not breadcrumb, but if you're going to use the meta crutch, prove it.

I'm still conflicted by read vs game state. This kinda feels like the smalltown 'if he's scum, we're fucked' argument.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Post by The Fonz »

semioldguy wrote: If there were any other town power roles, I would have been counterclaimed immediately, and if they were sincere, town would have lost as one of our mislynches would have almost certainly led to the other (due to conflicting information of town power roles having/not having shots). This didn't and would not have happened.
This makes not one iota of sense. Also, there's a bit of a fundamental contradiction of thought here- if there are town without shots and scum with, knowing who has one doesn't help.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:39 am

Post by The Fonz »

If I didn't already think charter town, that last post would be very revealing.

@Anon, I care, but... I don't really see anything but a SOG lynch happening. I'm still conflicted because he looked so very town, but... i guess i'll get round to voting in the next couple days. Do want to see how the Dragons scenario shakes down.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 am

Post by The Fonz »

Meh, I had it down to Orto and Anon. Orto's blatant scumminess, followed by megawifom defence, weren't helping.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

I think my opinions were perfectly clear, and your pissy tone is uncalled for. Posting my notes taken as I read along upon entry gives people a better chance to evaluate my thought process, and is also useful to me if i need to refer back to something. I can't see any valid reasons not to do it.

Your play for most of this game just seems like a stream of (what appeared at the time feigned) opprobrium at the very notion that anyone could possibly see you as scummy, regardless of how reasonable the argument.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh yeah, you even argued that bad scumdar is a towntell on your part. Can't see the scum benefit of that one, either.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”