iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

Benmage wrote:I'm an advocate of the lynch Millers strategy...D1 seems ideal, especially if no target leaps out at us. But you definitely shouldn't last till endgame.
I was going to say that viging claimed millers is >> lynching them, but when we get as many lynches per day as we want, I guess that doesn't apply.

But either way, determining his alignment by evaluating his play and lynching or not lynching him based on that is > any kind of policy killing.
Pyotr C. Romanof wrote:
unvote
vote: kyle99

Excuse fails. Your last post was made something like an hour and forty-five minutes after his suggestion.
What exactly is the scum motivation for temporarily pretending not to have seen tubby's suggestion?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by iamausername »

5 seems high to me. Remember that there'll most likely be other kills at the end of the day on top of the lynches. If we're looking at 5 total kills being ideal, then 3 lynches would probably suffice.
crypto wrote:Laziness.
Could also result in not reading posts, and therefore missing tubby's suggestion initially. Why assume that isn't the case?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:31 am

Post by iamausername »

tatetothetot wrote:@Kyle- Just one question... why not vote for Tubby the first time around instead of waiting to see others opinions about him? I know your first answer was that you didn't see it... perhaps you have a better answer that might actually convince me to not vote for you?
This is nice and devious.
Sopianae wrote: Adel post 100: hunting for neighbors? I don't like this.
Please explain any and all advantages that scum could gain from hunting for neighbours.
ortolan wrote:The vibe I get is that Bogre is usually deemed very scummy.
Where does this vibe come from?
TheButtonmen wrote: Seems to me claiming miller in a game with free lynchs is hell of dangerous if your scum, but might save a cop an out if your town. Thus WIFOM issues asside I'd say it actually help me think he is town.
I agree with this. Although it's possible that Bogre didn't realise there were multiple lynches per day; for some reason, a lot of people don't seem to bother reading whatever setup information they're given very thoroughly.
Neopi wrote:Ok.

Here is what i think.
That's 5 lines used up saying literally nothing. Please to be getting a better posting style, thanks.
ortolan wrote:shouldn't DeathNote be sitebanned by now?
Wait, what for? Alts aren't forbidden.
populartajo wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
populartajo wrote:i think his scumlist is pretty much above the average on scumhuting. Do you disagree?
I mean, it's all he has. every other post is pact-related.
lol, 8 of your 11 posts are pact-related also.
The Best Post.
Sanhora wrote: Gotta love the directing of a possible vig. Scummy from Adel.
Pretty sure Adel was not the only person, or even the first, to direct a vig in this game. Why are you pinning it on him?

And some less one-liner comments:

Completely agree with Adel and Ecto on ortolan, that was extremely underhanded and easily the scummiest thing to have happened in the game so far. And his defence of "it can't be low risk because I'm being attacked for it" is some terrible Nostradamus shit. Obviously, if you knew people were going to actually notice your scummy mud-slinging, you wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Of the three easy targets (by which I mean tubby, kyle, tate), I'm getting gut town feel from tubby, and a weaker one from kyle. Not tate, though, that is definitely a lynch I would support at this point.

nhammen is sticking out as scummy as well. Lots of substanceless posts, and his vague "lots of people jumped on the kyle wagon after me, one of them is probably scum" comment is some pretty bad mudslinging too.

I am definitely going to have trouble keeping up with the pace of this game over the next week with my work schedule, but I'll do the best I can.

Unvote, Vote: ortolan
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by iamausername »

lurkers:

Socrates
Benmage
Annachie
Plum

Looking through the player list, I don't remember anything of these guys' posts. I guess I'll give myself the 5th spot.
charter wrote:Good call on username. As scum, he seems to lurk a bit, then come in with insightful sounding posts every once in a while.
does that differ significantly from my town meta in your eyes?

Gonna post something more substantial after I sleep. (Yes, Adel, it's like 5:30 am here. I work in a nightclub, it shifts me a few timezones. And, this being the busiest time of the year, it's also keeping me from having much mafia time this week.

Really, though? MeMe? I'm flattered.)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:17 am

Post by iamausername »

I find it odd that people are boiling the tate/DeathNote thing down to "tate is DeathNote, and DeathNote must die for being DeathNote". I thought the policy lynch was more along the lines of "tate made a post as DeathNote, and is now denying that he made that post, even though he obviously did", which actually makes some sense, because I can't see why a town player would have any reason to want to hide the fact that they'd made a post. I certainly don't support a policy lynch solely on the basis of him being DeathNote.

This post makes me think charter is right about Annachie.
charter wrote:Username, who is scum?
ortolan, nhammen and Annachie top my list at the moment, I would be very happy to lynch all three of them today. I could also get behind death to Neopi and tate today, although as I said above, I'm concerned about the reasons people are using to back the latter.

Anyway, an nhammen wagon would be lovely right about now. Make it happen, people.

Unvote, Vote: nhammen
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:57 am

Post by iamausername »

ortolan wrote:also iamausername's scumlist of me nhammen and annachie is completely nonsensical considering annachie was one of the dudes I opposed at the start of the game, and nhammen voted me earlier. Please explain that alpha centauri man.
Bussing
is the act of distancing yourself from your partners, usually by helping to lynch them. The term comes from the phrase "
to throw under a bus
", i.e. sacrificing them to gain credibility. It is almost always done by Mafia, and is a common suspicion when someone is suddenly lynched for what seem like minor or spurious reasons, and yet turns out to be Scum.

Frequently in games larger than 12 players (and sometimes in smaller ones, too!), there will be more than one Scum group working against the Town. These 'mafia families' are almost always working against each other, and Moderators should take special care to factor the possibility of scum-on-scum Night Kills into their Game Balance.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:20 am

Post by iamausername »

Still want to see an nhammen wagon happen today, but I guess we can lynch Annachie first.

Unvote, Vote: Annachie
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by iamausername »

/prodded.

Christmas busy-ness is mostly out of the way now, so I should be able to get caught up in the next day or two.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by iamausername »

No, OK, this game just got another 7 pages in one day, this is really beyond my ability to keep up right now. I'm really sorry for having to do this, and especially for taking so much time to realise I need to do this, but I just can't commit the time that this game needs.

Mod: I'm afraid I'm going to have to request replacement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”