StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├®j├á Bastard (Game over!)

Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Malcolm »

~Jordan` wrote:Wow. 3 players dead b4 a single post.

This mafia is jacked up! I love it.

So hello people. Everyone's already confirmed, so how do we start this thing?
You are obviously scum. One of my favorite tells is the trying to seem overly townie tell. See, we all notice the three dead players, and we all notice the scum player that is dead. And we all love it. however, we don't say that we love it, because it's a given that townies love it, so we really don't think about doing it. You however, look at the list and think "oh man, my partner is dead", and then you think "hmmm, what should I post to fit in, oh I'll try and sound excited about jim bob dying", and then you do. This tell is especially effective when the guilty party does this with their first post of the day.

Vote: Jordan
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Malcolm »

SocioPath wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
~Jordan` wrote:Wow. 3 players dead b4 a single post.

This mafia is jacked up! I love it.

So hello people. Everyone's already confirmed, so how do we start this thing?
You are obviously scum. One of my favorite tells is the trying to seem overly townie tell. See, we all notice the three dead players, and we all notice the scum player that is dead. And we all love it. however, we don't say that we love it, because it's a given that townies love it, so we really don't think about doing it. You however, look at the list and think "oh man, my partner is dead", and then you think "hmmm, what should I post to fit in, oh I'll try and sound excited about jim bob dying", and then you do. This tell is especially effective when the guilty party does this with their first post of the day.

Vote: Jordan
Or, conversely, YOU as scum, had to think, 'oh man, my partner is dead', 'well to appear townie I'll say nothing of it and then call out any players that did'.
Oh man, you've totally got me caught in your clever trap :roll:
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Malcolm »

Bogre wrote:Saying 'whooo dead scum' like Jordan did is indeed one of the pretty good scum-tells.

Data: WTF speculating about a jester ? This is a bastard mod setup- any speculation day 1 about jesters will likely result in headaches and wasted time at the best. Plus....why is he 'obv a jester?'

Gotta go do a project will be back in a couple hours to finish thoughts.
If you consider it a strong tell, why aren't you voting him?
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Malcolm »

SocioPath wrote:
Bogre wrote:Saying 'whooo dead scum' like Jordan did is indeed one of the pretty good scum-tells.
I see it used more often as 'hey its scumtell, so obviously you are scum' from scum themselves.

Basing a case off of that is ridiculously flimsy.
Basing a case off of people who recognize that as a scumtell being scum would therefore be equally flimsy.

Now it is I who have trapped you!
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Malcolm »

SocioPath wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
I see it used more often as 'hey its scumtell, so obviously you are scum' from scum themselves.

Basing a case off of that is ridiculously flimsy.
Basing a case off of people who recognize that as a scumtell being scum would therefore be equally flimsy.

Now it is I who have trapped you!
AW CRAP.

...but I've actually SEEN scum pull the 'reaction to a night scene' on townies before. :P
Yeah, but I've actually caught scum with that tell before. I guess we are doomed to be caught in a circle :P
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Malcolm »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Datadanne wrote:Llamafluff is obv a jester.
lol what? Thats a wierd reaction to me asking for a wagon on you.
X_~ wrote:You want me to start a bandwagon against Datadann, and I have no idea why?
Your reason, "this is a good vote"
But you never stated WHY this is a good vote. When you have more knowledge than the rest of us, I suggest you somehow let us know; otherwise, I don't think people are going listen, well not me at least.
Its just a good spot to start a wagon. Dont role fish for information on why I think its a good wagon. If I do have information, it will show itself soon enough.
Well to be fair you can't really rub info in someones face, and then tell them not to fish for it.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Malcolm »

That's really not WIFOM. That is a scum tell. I'm going to assume you have not played too much. Am I assuming correct?

Furthermore, if it was WIFOM, please explain to me how that WIFOM would be indicitive of a scum mindset. tia
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Malcolm »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Well to be fair you can't really rub info in someones face, and then tell them not to fish for it.
Sure I can. Im not even saying I have information, I can just be VT and seeing what type of reactions I can get from acting like I have something incriminating. I could be a cop with a guilty or a tracker that says that he is scum. This way if he is scum, they are going to be trying to figure out if they should bus him or not. Lots of information to work with.

So lets wagon up Data and see what happens.

I still find it funny that people are calling Jason scum for being surprised with three deaths, one being lover suicide. I was actually expecting three or four kills since scum, vig, SK are cornerstones of large setups. Also X is probably town.
What if I said I have reason to believe Jordan as a good wagon.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Malcolm »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Well to be fair you can't really rub info in someones face, and then tell them not to fish for it.
Sure I can. Im not even saying I have information, I can just be VT and seeing what type of reactions I can get from acting like I have something incriminating. I could be a cop with a guilty or a tracker that says that he is scum. This way if he is scum, they are going to be trying to figure out if they should bus him or not. Lots of information to work with.

So lets wagon up Data and see what happens.

I still find it funny that people are calling Jason scum for being surprised with three deaths, one being lover suicide. I was actually expecting three or four kills since scum, vig, SK are cornerstones of large setups. Also X is probably town.
What if I said I have reason to believe Jordan as a good wagon.
Then I put it in my notes.

Its your call if you want to follow me or not, I just think this is a great spot for a beginning of the game wagon. Too few people understand the inherint benifits of the early game wagon now adays.
Muffin wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:Also X is probably town.
Why is X probably town?
Strong early game read. He isnt backing down from a stance I challenged and even is presenting reasoning as to why he isnt backing down. I do not agree with his current stance, but I do think that he is town.
Trust me when I say I am well aware of the benefits to the early game wagon, however I am much more confidant in my abilities than I am trustworthy in your info. You'll understand of course.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Malcolm »

Having an alternate possibility does not make something WIFOM.

WIFOM example: Malcolm wouldn't do that as scum, cause he always does it as town. Unless he wants us to think that!

Not WIFOM example: Malcolm is fishing. Scum usually fish. I think he is scum. Wait, maybe he just doesn't realize he's fishing.

If you do not see the difference I can try and explain it more thoroughly.

You are right that it is based on an assumption. However, it is frequently a good scum tell and I do not feel as if Jordan's subsequent posts show a townie reaction. FTR most every play in mafia is somewhat based on assumption. Right now you are assuming that I as scum, would try and make this attack. Oh noez, you are now scum for making an assumption.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Malcolm »

Why is everyone blindly following Llama. As far as I can tell his posts are terrible, he is either fishing for data's role, or is planning to catch him in some foolish overreaction to this junk and then push for a mislynch.

I am far from convinced.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Malcolm »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Why is everyone blindly following Llama. As far as I can tell his posts are terrible, he is either fishing for data's role, or is planning to catch him in some foolish overreaction to this junk and then push for a mislynch.
Its a good thing to follow me though, you have to realize im never scum if I dont replace in (I seriously have some ungodly porportion of being town in something like 18 of 20 games with one of the others being neutral). Apart from that... whats wrong with an early wagon? People now adays really underestimate what can be learned from them. I am not asking to lynch data this page, I just want pressure on him.
Did you miss the part where I said I understand the usefulness of a wagon.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by Malcolm »

inorite
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by Malcolm »

Datadanne wrote:Why is everyone following llama?
Are you f**king stupid?!
I believe I said this same thing.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by Malcolm »

I realize I'm a bit behind. I will post as I go, so if anything I say is already covered, you'll at least know what I was thinking as I first read it. My stances may change if something groundbreaking happens two pages later.

LlamaFluff wrote: I dont want him quick lynched, but getting a few more votes right now could only do more good then harm. Excuse me for being intentionally vauge, but its best if your opponents dont know if you have a monster hand or if you are bluffing.

If you want to add more against Data then just being a great wagon, you can always say something like...

Data is more interested in defending himself against something that he doesnt know the backing to instead of scumhunting. Data is not sure if he should be trying to get me lynched in hopes that I dont have anything on him, or is afraid to do so given that running me up would cause me to show why I want a wagon on him. Even something like... the entirety of his contribution to the game is "llama; scum or jester".

Go go gadget wagon.
I have 2 problems with this post.

1: In the first paragraph you make it clear you are being intentionally vague on purpose. This sort of statement hurts the town much more than it helps. The scums biggest advantage on the town is information, so it really does not hurt them at all if you are being vague. It actually helps direct them toward a possible power role in the event that you alluding to a claim. It would appear you are trying to use an experience edge you have over other members of the town to leverage yourself into a nice position of being able to make vague comments while controlling lynches. You are not going to fool me so easily. I am extremely wary of you atm.

2: The second paragraph appears to be you attacking data on false premises. You know good and damn well that your original wagon had no validation (outside of role related info), and you are here trying to validate it by responses after the wagon. There is nothing pro-town about that. You are trying to bend the after-effects to the crime.

I'm not ready to move off of Jordan yet, but like I said, this sort of posting makes me wary.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Malcolm »

Raivann wrote:
Vote:Datadanne
I like wagons. Llama seems pretty confident in this being a good wagon so what the hell.
That's extremely lazy, and just as terrible.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Malcolm »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Drench wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:@data - Are you a miller, gravedigger, etc? Anything that if I am an investigative role could of given me a bad result.
Are you softclaiming here? Don't answer with 'FIIIIIIIIISHING' or 'OMG[insertclaimhere]', please, but is it really necessary to embark upon that type of speculation? Also, why are you dodging my earlier question?
Of course im not softclaiming. I want to know if I am softclaiming here, if he is going to just claim something like that where stuff gets fairly uncomfortable. Also I just missed your early question.
Drench wrote:Llama, what do you mean by 'this is so entertaining'? If I'm right about your answer, why did you feel the need to post just that when there was more?
Because its very entertaining. Last time I was in a night start game, I really dont feel I played that great (even though I totally had one scum nailed before I got killed and no one followed it up), so I want to switch it up in this game.

Plus I love all the reactions im getting. My mind is just going crazy with what they can mean, I would almost be down for a Data lynch/vig purely for information at this point.

Also I do realize the threats of sanity if I am a cop. If im a watcher/tracker that does not apply though. Thats why I asked if data is a gravedigger, those have shown up at times.
If you are not soft claiming, then why are you trying to get him to send out some role info?
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by Malcolm »

~Jordan` wrote:
FoS Raivann
Why the FOS and no vote?

It is apparent to me that he is trying to give tacit approval to a potential wagon, while still being disconnected in the event Raivann gets mislynched. Strike 2.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by Malcolm »

Raivann wrote:Yeah, his post is about as scummy as it gets
Vote: Tjoe Min Ja
Elaborate if you havn't already.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by Malcolm »

~Jordan` wrote:Well actually i was trying to imply that my vote somehow always ends in bad luck/always wrong. But I see what you mean.

I made my vote b/c Tjoe is a player I find suspicious. Its only the third vote in such a bandwagon, so I did it mostly to increase pressure (isn't that what we're supposed to do?)
And now you are trying to give an excuse for when a lynch you are on turns up wrong. Does anyone else see this?
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Malcolm »

I'm really sorry guys, I caught the H1N1 virus. I'm reading up and hoping to jump right back in.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Malcolm »

Is mufasa always like this?

If no, I will vote him. If yes, then i see no reason why we aren't lynching Jordan/replacement part with plans to pressure Llama tomorrow.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Malcolm »

ZazieR wrote:Post 261 – Why Llama,
Malcolm
? Also, why not check for yourself how Mufasa is like in other games?
Don't understand the first question.

Second Answer: Search function on this site sucks and it was easier to just ask for some meta.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Malcolm »

Raivann wrote:I got an idea- how bout we lynch cateraction?
:hifive:
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Malcolm »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Raivann wrote: Do you still like Fish, Data, and X as town?
Town, probably town, not as sure as the early game, but there are better lynches.

OK, here is where I am a bit wierded out in this game. There have been a few things that are happening that are giving me the willies in regards to how people are treating a Jordan/Cat lynch at this point. More then one person (malcom and muffin iirc) have done all but call me scum with him. Now, this reguarly wouldnt bug me toooo much (well it would actually, I just would have it in notes) but, with Mufasa being town (seriously, he is, actually I can almost guarentee a Cat claim can confirm Mufasa [or prove Cat scum], dont ask, long story, see cards to chest arguement), Jor-cat moves up on the scum list just due to logic of one of the two fitting well, but both not.

Rav was on the Jordan wagon, but never really aided it on in comparison to what I was doing on the Mufasa one, and at this point one or both are on the X wagon... which again adds to a Jor-Cat scum idea since they are now avoiding that wagon. This comes from the premise that the first part of the day scum intention was let me get Mufasa lynched as town, then we lynch jorcat scum leading to my lynch the next day. Two for one.

This may be mostly paranoia though, so im going to make another pass on this game tomorrow
You are so scum that my eyes are bleeding. Thankfully, Jordan is more scum.

Thankfully Raivann is so town my eyes are unbleeding.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Malcolm »

Seraphim wrote:
cateraction wrote:Both Rai and Data appear to be scum to me.
Seeing as rereading is for chumps, I have decided not to.

cateraction, why do both Rai and Data appear to be scum?
How useless.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #479 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Malcolm »

Seraphim wrote:Alright, now here's an interesting idea.

Can someone on the wagon of Raivann outline the case on Raivann?

Can someone on the wagon of Datadanne outline the case on Raivann?

So far, based on what has happened on this page, Bogre is scum. Feel free to ask me why though it don't know if it's important to either warrant a vote or be a point of contention.
And you are probably third scum. Like seriously, we can't do all the work for you. Townies have to scumhunt.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Malcolm »

ZazieR wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Post 261 – Why Llama,
Malcolm
? Also, why not check for yourself how Mufasa is like in other games?
Don't understand the first question.
In Post 261, you state plans to pressure Llama tomorrow. Why Llama?
Because I think he is scum obv.
pffffft
Malcolm
Malcolm
Townie
Malcolm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Malcolm »

@Col Cat: Why did you just shoot that guy? TIA.
pffffft

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”