California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 am

Post by MafiaJin »

/confirm
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Carrie Fisher/Talilan
Death/ThebladethatkiledMufasa
Julie Newmar/Mafiajin
Mr.Green/Sottyrulez
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Those people will be participating in the next scene in addition to the other roles already present. All people with jobs that could do something off camera were left off camera.

Lets get to work people! And someone bring me some coffee! I have a cameo to shoot.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

I did not say all jobs. You left off an important clause. All jobs that have a use off camera(audio/picture) or are most practical there (stuntman, if I read it correctly) were left off camera. The other jobs function just as well anywhere as I read it.

Did someone bring me that coffee yet? I get irritable without that morning wake-up.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:42 am

Post by MafiaJin »

Bagel Eating Cowfrog wrote:
elmosaurian wrote:Don't really mind it now, but ftr, I'm not going to be singing posts in the on-camera thread.
That's fair enough, seeing as we should stay in-character there. I just like making sure that these misunderstandings of identity don't happen too often.

-Cow
Yeah, I'm going to do the same thing.

-SSK
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:44 am

Post by MafiaJin »

Talilan wrote:
MafiaJin: why did you choose the players you did?

Also, and I preface this with
I do not want you to reveal who the assistant producer is if you know
, but do you, as the director, know who all the players with roles are, including the assistant producer?
I do not wish to comment on these topics.
-SSK
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Gaspar wrote:MafaiJin: The only question I demand you answer ASAP is why you chose to put
yourself
on-camera. This indicates to me that you're more interested in choosing the On-Camera choices than on participating in Day One, which concerns me.
So that at least one town player will be in the Scene. Or at least that's my reason.

-SSK
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

MafiaJin wrote:
Gaspar wrote:MafaiJin: The only question I demand you answer ASAP is why you chose to put
yourself
on-camera. This indicates to me that you're more interested in choosing the On-Camera choices than on participating in Day One, which concerns me.
So that at least one town player will be in the Scene. Or at least that's my reason.

-SSK
EBWOP:And also how does being on camera =/= participating in D1?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Gaspar wrote:
MafaiJin: The only question I demand you answer ASAP is why you chose to put yourself on-camera. This indicates to me that you're more interested in choosing the On-Camera choices than on participating in Day One, which concerns me.

Why do you feel that on camera is not participating? I would love to see your logic on that. Also, are you assuming the day 1 lynch is more important than the decision?

You can still read my posts I will be posting. And you can read my vote in the decision as well as anyone else that will be on camera. I assumed a decision is more important or at least equally important to a lynch reading the rules (if we win decisions we can no lynch to day 7 to get to endgame under best circumstances; if we are lynching badly we can no lynch to salvage endgame still).

Also the assistant director was forced into the first scene. Its important for him to be able to read me. As long as he thinks I am innocent ( and is innocent himself) he should let me stay as director. If this job gets put in scum hands in later scenes they can force 4 innocents into a scene to shorten the majority needed etc etc.

@Orblots- I will assume if you play someones public role theme/name in title of music(some role themes are evident others would be a little harder to define a theme) that will be in support in favor of their idea/post/current other person/thing they are voting- as a general rule of thumb. Feel free to change that before the camera rolls. And no offense Orblots, but the on camera people will probably be taking 9-10 days anyways. If for instance scum is about to be lynched and they are the sound crew for instance, they may try to end the day early by giving us a false signal.

-Sajin

PS: The unmarked posts were mine.

PSS: I guess I can save the RP stuff for on camera. Here I was just acting the part of director anyways.

PSS: I think you can lynch someone on camera, correct me if I am wrong.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Also orbots, realize we cannot see this thread while we are on camera. We are also unable to quote. So...I copied the signals you set into notepad and I suggest others to do the same.

-Sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

@Gaspar answer my previous reason, since you originally asked the question of me anyways. I agree that SSK's reason is weak by itself. Doesn't hurt though.

Your ignoring a win condition. If the advocate decision is as random as you feel, then you must also feel lynching is random. Both are based on an informed minority and a majority deciding on a path.

We cannot win this game with lynches alone as the endgame will be played on camera with impact made by decisions. By the same token we are unlikely to win with decisions alone as we will be put into endgame at disadvantage. We need both.

-Sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Well this is interesting. Is there anybody who wants to stay here? KY Krew was trying to get me replaced but I am still the director as of now. I don't care if I personally am the director or not but this needs to stay in innocent hands.

And we need someone to fill the picture role. I will try and list the scene choices so that it can be filled with someone off stage. I welcome input on the choices. Feel free to post about that.

Anything to say about this now, KY?

@Mod- How much time between scenes?

Still catching up.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #569 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Dweezil Zappa, played by Mighty Orbots

Kobe Bryant, played by Rawr Hydra

Julie Newmar, played by MafiaJin

Lance Ito, played by Seraphim

Carrie Fisher, played by Talilan (except KY Krew permanently replaced, yes?)

These are the people that have to go in. So, we will not have any sound engineer and the picture engineer is unreplaced according to the opening post.

-Sajin (last one was too, I forgot to sign the post)
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

I suggest you read the opening post sir. I have not sent any decision in. All I did was copy the roles that were forced into the next scene to the player names of those roles. Can you read what the director actually does please?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #633 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Read the thread now.

Alright so the main reason you find me scummy was because I choose to put myself on camera. Yet I thought people on camera were lynchable by the people off camera before I made that decision. So I fail to see how anyone can view me as scum because of this (the mod clarified this fact after I made my choices, I cannot quote the mod so you will have to look it up). I posted my choices as soon as possible to let everyone know and to prove that I would of had no time for scum input. If there is something more on this point that I missed let me know.

Also I fail to see why questioning any information anyone provides as possible. In particular I found it hilarious that I am considered scummy my various people for both wanting to follow valentine quickly as well as questioning both advocates about it. Someone wants me lynched or seen as scummy so that scum have a shot at getting the director job.

I love how the discussion today was not over whether I was scum but rather who my scum partners are when I could not even defend myself. I feel a little bit like that is akin to lurker hunting (voting for scum on people who are V/LA from the thread is incredibly scummy in my eyes). This being said I like the list of scum, KY Krew seems very scummy based on the actions he did.

Feel free to swap me out tomorrow and lynch me if you must but for the record I have an excellent endgame LY/LO record. Yet a few want to bring up vague meta on me throughout the day. Citation please if your going to throw mud around.

For the record the people we choose to take with us are the people that either myself or SSK have read well in the past. That made the most sense to both of us. We both gave a list to each other of readable people to us. I vetoed SSKs choice of zwet as he was the picture guy and we decided to take ourselves so that we could interact with the people we read well. We figured we could stop any persuasion by those people on the decision that we figured was more (correctly or incorrectly) important. And thats why we did not post reason before the on camera begun as that would have been counter productive imo.

@Locke/curiouscarmadog- If you personally think I am scum then you should become the director. I do not think your scum. The other reason I put myself on camera is so that you could read me. (I was the one questioning both paths and the possibility of the given info while SSK was the one that wanted to auto vote Valentine for the record). If you think I am scum you should swap me. If you do not think I am scum you should not do so. Simple as that. The rest of the people here think I was scummy because I joined you in the on camera thread. Carma- you will have to ask SSK about the mid day comments and he had not conferred with me. I did not post those. If you do decide to fire me, I would like to know why before, and I would like to respond to you. Know that I am considering bringing you onto the camera so that we can talk if need be.

@assistant producer- If you do not think I am scum and carmadog decides to swap me (which is fine), then you should consider promoting me or talian to assistant director. The reason being is that the more people who hold jobs the less people that is left possible to be your job (as it is impossible to hold 2 at once, suppossedly). And your job is the only one that may be more important than the director job. No need to narrow choices down early. Also- no one should respond to this paragraph as it will likely out you as non assistant producer. Thank you.

Regardless I have the director decision to make for tomorrow. And I will post the decision just as before. Know this though: I am supposed to prioritize out of 5 for 4 slots. This is likely because the scum can select anyone as advocate and in case the advocate is one of my 4, the 5th goes in? Otherwise it does not make much sense. The mod has not gotten back to me for deadline on my submissions.

And I completely agree on the door puzzle. A piece at random has a 2/3 percent chance of being wrong. When one wrong piece is removed, since your picked door has a 2/3 chance of being wrong(1/3 chance of being right), the non original pick has a 2/3 chance of being right.

@The people posting who have not commented on it: who should go on camera and why?

-Sajin

Preview edit- You guessed right Talian, I have played with both parts of your hydra.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #645 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:19 am

Post by MafiaJin »

curiouskarmadog wrote:@mafiajin...well, it is easy to say my other half said that, you have to ask him....you are responsible for your other half BECAUSE you are one player...I am asking you what you meant about me playing a mindgame...and WHY BOTH of you refused to answer the question when I asked on stage. WHAT was the mind game? Your last post was stating "how can we trust locke" but you kept your vote on me.
I never said I/we were not responsible for it. I just could not answer for it as he posted it without talking to me (we do confer, just not for every post- I ask him what he thinks about this or that and I get 1 line responses). Although, this will probably help: The mod said we were told the results of every scene. I theorized that what you claimed would be impossible because we would not be told about someone joining the scum faction and therefore felt at some point you may be lying to push the other way and this is something we were talking to each other about. So the mind game was probably if you were telling the truth or not. And for the last part, we were not voting at the end of the day as I recall.

@Rawr Hydra- Yes I think that scum are trying to eventually get into the director chair. No I do not think it implies anything, I think he is town. Carma can take the director seat forcefully away from me but if he does so, someone must fill the slot of assistant director. By shuffling the players a lot not only does it increase the chances of scum getting into either job but it lowers the number of people possible to be the Assistant Producer.

-Sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #647 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:42 am

Post by MafiaJin »

MafiaJin wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:@mafiajin...well, it is easy to say my other half said that, you have to ask him....you are responsible for your other half BECAUSE you are one player...I am asking you what you meant about me playing a mindgame...and WHY BOTH of you refused to answer the question when I asked on stage. WHAT was the mind game? Your last post was stating "how can we trust locke" but you kept your vote on me.
I never said I/we were not responsible for it. I just could not answer for it as he posted it without talking to me (we do confer, just not for every post- I ask him what he thinks about this or that and I get 1 line responses). Although, this will probably help: The mod said we were told the results of every scene. I theorized that what you claimed would be impossible because we would not be told about someone joining the scum faction and therefore felt at some point you may be lying to push the other way and this is something we were talking to each other about. So the mind game was probably if you were telling the truth or not. And for the last part, we were not voting at the end of the day as I recall.
This.
-One-liner SSK
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #705 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Mighty Orbots wrote:
sottyrulez wrote:People have been asking for scum lists, here is mine so far. I expect some players will change once both heads have read the whole thread.
This is goodposting. I highly encourage everyone else to post one of these.

-PZ
Zito- I never post full scum->town lists early in a game. You should know this by now. I find scum just manipulates the hell out of them.

@all-Figures that hardly anyone posted about who should go on stage. Watch me get criticized for whatever choices I make by people who had the whole weekend to input yet ignored the issue. You had your chance to make input all weekend.

I have 4 hours to submit or so before the choices are randomized.

Current line of thinking: leave gaspar off stage. Leave talian off stage. I will take carmadog on camera because I think its important that we can communicate. Leave orblots as he is the sound guy.

List coming up in a moment. Feel free to post about it before I finalize it. I agreed to a town consensus and there has been anything but that.

-Sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #706 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Dweezil Zappa, played by Mighty Orbots

Kobe Bryant, played by Rawr Hydra

Julie Newmar, played by MafiaJin

Lance Ito, played by Seraphim

Carrie Fisher, played by Talilan (except KY Krew permanently replaced, yes?)

These are the people that have to go in. So, we will not have any sound engineer and the picture engineer is unreplaced according to the opening post.

Thok

Curiouskarmadog

ShadowLurker

Elmosaurian

Bagel Eating Cowfrog

Well I am submitting this list. Failure for very little feedback. I tried to take a mix of some scummy and some townie people to me, leaving the ones that a majority seem to think are scum/have not contributed.

-Sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1072 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:40 am

Post by MafiaJin »

Ok the whole cult discussion is stupid. Lets all read the rules again: (I cannot quote the mod so I am summarizing)

During endgame 7 actors are chosen: 2 something else, 5 innocent.

Therefore, how the hell can there be another alignment? There could I suppose be 3rd party players who win or lose before endgame (whom the neutral options during on-camera favor? /WIFOM)- but that is it. By the way, with the evidence of no night kills, I would venture to say that it is even MORE imperative to get on screen decisions correct rather than off screen lynches. 7 Scenes with 7 deaths means we will have 13 or so people left assuming just the one lynch death per day. I find it unlikely we can remove all but 2 of the mafia before then because of the mass of people they have to hide behind.

I would further venture to guess this is the reason why it was stated that modkills will not hurt the setup that much. If 2 people were modkilled for instance, all that would happen is we would reach endgame with 11 instead of 13. Endgame would still be played with 7 of the 20. Perhaps bad decisions will lead to someone dying but I doubt it.

Therefore, I would hazard a guess to say that lynches are not nearly as important as on camera decisions are. This is not your standard mafia game- stop proving conclusions based on that as a foundation.

Furthermore if the Assistant producer can maintain anonymity and be put into endgame that is a huge advantage for us as we have a person that needs to be CCed or be cleared.

@PJ- I said that in response to Gaspar who was saying that on screen is unimportant. I accused him of ignoring a win condition- that condition being "best conditions for winning" by way of getting good on camera decisions. He was indeed ignoring that as he was solely concerned with lynches at the time. In fact I think that is by far the best path to winning we can take.

I need to head back to work, will post more later. I know I have more stuff to respond to. I will elaborate on my working theory about this game then.

PS: All the on camera posts were by me.

PSS: CKD- Picking those people is not that easy, eh? Expect to be criticized for whoever you picked. The rational for my choices coming up later today.

-Sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1102 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

So can you state for me why you suspected me CKD? I don't think I have ever heard a argument from you yourself other than I agree with the crowd. This was incredibly frustrating to me as you did not let me defend myself at all. I brought you on camera to discuss it and I get fired first post. There was zero reason to fire me from the first post.

And its not as easy as it looks eh CKD? I am sure you will be criticized for whatever choices you pick.(note that the bottom 2 people on your list may not make it depending on advocate picks from the scum) I still think your not mafia. I just think that is an important job to protect for the later scenes. Hold it well.

Nice lists. But I think they are completely bad to post and particularily bad for this game. If my theory is correct and we reach endgame with 13 people alive or so, then scum will be allowed to pick of half the group the people they think they can manipulate the best to vote off each other. Lists just help scum at this point. I would advocate to not have anyone post more lists.

So...does anyone want to comment on my previous large post? I think by far our best path to victory is on camera. I particularly want Gaspar's opinion of it.

-Sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1106 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Oh I know we have lots of time, now is better then later- everyone can read.

Well, scene 1 was our hydra having 2 different opinions. I think I have explained all I can about it. Lately its been just me posting because SSK has been busy. He is much more spontaneous then I am. I admit it looks weird when I questioned the tenability of you receiving that PM( as I think the outcome of that scene would of not been fully disclosed, but now I suppose that rules post just means good bad or neutral not the list of good or bad things) with SSK voting to follow the other way at about the same time. Shrug.

CKD- What do you think about Scientology? What do you think about my theory on the last page?

Bottom line- Would you not be upset if you posted that you were bringing someone to another thread to talk to them and then they daykill you without talking? That is exactly what it felt like.

Why do you fully expect Talian to fire you? Do you want her too?

-Sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1115 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Your just repeating your opinion, Gaspar. I want your opinion of my theories, NOT your opinion of YOUR theories. I posted more than just about optimal path to victory there too.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1188 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:00 am

Post by MafiaJin »

There were 2 kills. There goes part of my theory. I would still like to hear from you about the rest.

Interesting, we know the alignments but on stage does not. And DGB/baloons said this:
GoofballsAndBaloons wrote:Sorry Mr Locke McSlop, but perhaps it will be a consolation for you to learn that I do not trust your counterpart, whose criminal mind is well known outside the confines of this play.

He gave information that was completely useless, which you had an opportunity to fill in with the manipulative rubbish of your invention. Now that your main blackmailer is laying still in a coffin, oh so conveniently, perhaps you feel that you can bulldoze us with your confident attorney persona. Well, the Angel of Evangelion or whaterver the heck I am, has vowed to continue where your murdered pursuer has left off.

Tabris crosses his arms defiantly, lets out a very loud fart, and pretends it was only a burp.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1190 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:09 am

Post by MafiaJin »

I see the information that both advocates has as logical when combined. Provided that neither is lying about the actual fact of the information, we should have zero chance of picking the wrong choice on stage. In fact, if I was on camera I would be advocating the mother pick as that has zero chance of being the wrong info. And, if it is wrong, we have a guaranteed liar.

I would like everyone to comment on the on camera decision as well as that post I quoted.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1201 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

@Talian- When I was director I had to pick of 5 as well in case some became unavailable. The picks go in order.

How is his not posting a list make sense with him being wisked on stage as an advocate? Only scum could make him an advocate, not the director.

Also pulling elmosaurian and lynching him makes zero sense if they are to go with the mother choice. If he is trying to mislead us and we end up picking the mother choice, then we will have him 100 percent tomorrow. Why put both our birds (the decision and the lynch) in one basket?

Scum must be feeling the pressure to make us falter on camera though.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1203 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

@Talian- They are picked randomly. I was threatened with that when I waited till the last minute to make my picks. I could of submitted less than 5 if I wanted.

Talian can you respond to my theories about the setup?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1209 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:32 am

Post by MafiaJin »

So Talian do you plan on firing CKD?

To clarify my stance- If we are going to lynch elmo, then picking the one he steered us away from makes very very little sense. If we are not going to lynch elmo today but still think he is scummy and thus leading us astray, we SHOULD pick the one he said was not bad to be able to better determine his alignment.

Anyone disagree with this?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1210 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:42 am

Post by MafiaJin »

How would VP Baltar know we were planning on showing the dead's alignments? How would he know we even had their alignments?

That statement sounds very fishy to me.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1212 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:33 am

Post by MafiaJin »

Why NOT single him out? While I was on camera I had no idea what was going on behind the scenes and I think its a stretch to just flat out

1: assume the alignments were told to off camera

2: KNOW that we are talking about possibly communicating it to on camera and

3: that there is a delay because of one person as referenced on camera

Combining all those up and I think VP Baltar knows too much on camera to be mere coincidence. He must be getting fed information.

You really think all of that is coincidence zorblag?

-Sajin (all posts here today have been me, forgetting to sig)
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1220 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:02 am

Post by MafiaJin »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:my bad

i dont have a dual on this account to keep it chippy when i'm awol
Thoughts?

If you were on camera who would you pick?

Who should we swap back here?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1230 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Well according to the usergroup permission page only the 7 of us have access to this thread. Which means that in order for the mafia group to be getting information on stage from off stage they would need a relay, which means at least one person currently off stage is scum. They (or them for that matter) are probably one of the more active ones. Because there seems to be a consensus among the active ones posting here (other than myself) on elmo being the lynch I highly doubt he is mafia (as this implies that mafia is wanting him lynched). I will not be supporting that lynch at all.

Just because someone is universally considered scummy does not make it right.

Now I need to go read who commented on that door choice not being a tell. But I do not have time atm, I will be V/LA for a bit.

-Sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1267 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:59 am

Post by MafiaJin »

Elmo/Yos- Can you provide a list of suspects for off stage? If you truly think the majority here is scum you should.

Orbots- Can you comment on my last theory? You know - the one where I said that someone was relaying information?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1279 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

vote: Elmosaurian pending a response and that the response makes sense.

Talilan- do you trust CKD? Are you going to take the director seat?

Also- I do not think we should intervene much on camera. I would be quite willing to send a "don't pick mother" response if we are going to lynch elmo. But this is more that we should not be putting all our eggs in one basket rather than me having a strong opinion about the correct on stage choice.

Elmosaurrian- is CKD scum in your opinion?

Tags removed. Only votes at the end of the post are counted. - Mod
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1282 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Sorry mod I am not used to that at all.

Which makes sense to me, so that combining the mother is not bad, with CKD's information implies maiden is good or mother is good.

Personally I think there are multiple scum on camera atm. The way that they are all shading chrone is very suspicious to me as given CKD info that seems impossible. At best its neutral, and I doubt that considering the pressure thats put upon it.

Ok I am good with a pro maiden picture. Or soundtrack. Can you use the pro maiden soundtrack?

Vote: Elmosaurian
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1312 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:53 am

Post by MafiaJin »

sottyrulez wrote:
elmosaurian wrote:
Talilan wrote:Yossy do you think the Crone is the right choice?
I'm pretty sure that Mother is the best choice here; I can't really get anything useful out of CKD's claimed clue, and we know mother is at least a safe choice.
Which is interesting because
elmosaurian wrote:Of the three choices, there is apparently one choice that is good, one choice that is bad, and one choice that is neither good nor bad; that choices is merely indifferent.

I can also tell all of you that I know that The Mother is not the bad choice.
Saying you know is a lot stronger certainty than now saying you are only "pretty sure."

-Zachrulez

Tags removed. Use bold only for voting. - Mod
Sotty have you read the on camera thread at all? There is a neutral, a bad and a good. He KNOWS its not the bad choice. It could be neutral or good.

So Zach, what pick would you make if you were on camera? And why?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1506 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

@Elvis- correct me if I am wrong but before I died with that fake claim I moved my lynch onto you as scum which was correct. I just could not sustain the fake claim the next day. I find it interesting that you are trying to shade me as a bad town player. Glad you remember me for it though.

Your last statement is curious as because recently Glork had changed his stance in the thread.

@SL- Several things transpired between my original statement and my vote. One of which was him being promoted stuntman, should we not have lynched him then, it would of been 2 days before we could attempt again.

Also, Elmosaurian did not answer my questions. He made general statements such as I think the majority of off camera people are scum yet never provided any backup when asked about it.

@thesp Why did you not even comment on the wanting to provide other signals and sporadically show up to green light the on camera?

-Sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1532 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

VP- What are your opinions about my day 2 theories? I asked everyone to comment on them yet not everyone did. Also you posted everyone else's reaction to the crone. What was your reaction?

Define your generalities please.

Also- My participation is due to some RL issues, its been down in all my games recently. And my hyrda partner has not been posting. So its just me here. If you have any questions about anything specifically feel free to ask.

SL- Same question. Also, I would like a response to my response to your concerns.

Thesp- Still waiting on your response to my question. I am questioning the timeliness of your appearance and unwillingness to signal earlier yet you green lighted asap when you saw the thread later on. I would like to hear your thought process here.

Best off camera lynch is Thesp for me atm.

-sajin
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1534 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

@VP Baltar-Its a fallacy that scum always lie. What stops a person from saying the truth as scum especially while under scrutiny? Your reaction does not seem like a reaction at all and seems more like an explanation as to why you had opposing logic.

Also Baltar, can you explain your comments about the deaths? I was under the impression that a couple of your on camera posts indicated you knew their alignment. You have yet to respond to those comments of mine.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1565 (isolation #39) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:06 am

Post by MafiaJin »

Thesp are you going to answer my concerns with more than just a question? How is asking for your thought process not clear enough?

@Baltar- Why do you feel singled out by my comments? I pointed this out about more then one person, you are just the only one off stage atm.

Vote: Thesp
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1604 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:34 am

Post by MafiaJin »

Thesp- I simply want your thought process of why you posted what you did when you did. I question the timelyness of your posts and your relative non response to the conversations that we were having yesterday.

Repeating that you do not understand what I am asking for is not helping matters.

And VP- Trying to prove SL towniness is rather pointless. Its far easier to point to the go ahead vote on KY Krew as that is by far the strongest supporting evidence. SL is very town is my eyes and I am surprised that this was not a kill target.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1606 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Sure, the start of that scene was waiting for KY Krew to get switched and to receive the correct advocate info. So I was discussing the only other thing that I thought was relevant. Once we found out no new info was to be added, I ran with what little we had.

Several posts back VP, you concluded a fairly strong town read on SL. Right after SL had attacked me and you posted attacking me. I find it likely buddying.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1616 (isolation #42) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

ShadowLurker wrote:I think it's curious that no one is willing to put a Condorcet vote down. That vote will only come into play if the 3 week deadline strikes, but will give an early indication of preference (just like we're doing here). Why the heck are they resorting to weird Psuedovotes and noncommittal preferences?
I went over this in the post that I have repeatedly asked people to respond to, but no one does.

It only advantages scum to vote with condorcets.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1618 (isolation #43) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

There was zero point in figuring it out when I thought we had more information coming later. When we found out we had no new information coming then I posted on the topic.

Care to answer my concern about Condorcets?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1621 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

I picked the people to go on stage that scene. I picked people I thought I was reading well some scummy some town. I asked peoples opinions so that I could take the same or opposite opinion. This is always how I would play any sort of informed role (which the director seat is not, but is functionally like, that how I see it anyways). To say I contributed nothing is a fallacy.

I still want you to respond to this post:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 75#1875075

Some of those have been proven untrue but I want your opinions about every point.

How can you not be worried about condorcets? Condorcets simply tell your opinion about everyone currently off stage. This lets scum set up a better endgame and if you are indeed scum, set up a reason to go after some one.

This is NOT a traditional game. Stop thinking about it as such.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1623 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

I was using the alignments I thought they were to determine which door was correct. In the meantime I was posting about being wary of assuming the monty hall problem was the correct way to go. I was asking for the opinion of others that I think I have a read on. In fact, what you quoted supports that, yes? I still think on screen is more important.

Also, yes I currently think CKD is town. Earlier I thought he was scummy as hell. Your using the stance I currently have to claim I contradicted a statement I made earlier when there was no such contradiction. This is not my line of reasoning as to why cult cannot exist though. Cult cannot exist because of endgame rules. The endgame rules very much imply 2 alignments only. The only way I can see a 3rd party existing is if their win condition would occur before endgame. I do not see that as very likely at all.

Have you even read the endgame rules? I do not think you have from reading your posts. Do you see why I have my opinion about condorcets based on endgame rules?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1649 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:01 am

Post by MafiaJin »

This is very frustrating.

No one will respond to my ideas about why we should absolutely not be using condorcets.

No one will respond to my ideas about endgame. (I still have a question VP)

Your playing this game like a regular mafia game and not a theme game.

And CKD, should you not have thought of this before?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1667 (isolation #47) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Sure the condorets help now, SL. They will hurt us end game. Mark my words.

This is not your traditional mafia because the mafia at just before endgame get to setup endgame however they like. This is why I took the stances I took and everyone declares me scum for pointing out the obvious scum strategies. Of course scum like condorcets and of course town should not be using them.

Regardless I find myself at L-1. I have provided reasons for all of my stances and no one wants to even argue with those. I have been correct on all of my views all game.

Thesp I feel has still not answered my questions well at all.

Talian is town btw.

Starkiss is obv scum followed by pooky. If there is scum off stage, Thesp.

There is not even a case on me. All that has been pointed too is my lack of posts at times when I was lacking in every game I was in. How this is indicative of alignment is beyond me. I have been contributing on voting and lynching strategy and no one has been even commenting on that. Ah well. I have never been lynched as scum on this site and this game will not break that streak.
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1670 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

hewitt wrote:MafiaJin regardless of whether you're scum or not I'm voting for you because I find you to be one of two of the least likely players to be helpful to me during Endgame.
So you rlynching me thinking I am not scum? This is poor logic....
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1679 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

Why would Thesp want to send a picture? He wants me lynched, preferably by staying off my lynch.

I have no read on Hewitt at all.

Sure a stuntman should be used.

Care to answer mine CKD? About my theories of endgame?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1685 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by MafiaJin »

curiouskarmadog wrote:wait, are you talking about the Condorcets?
Yes, that among other things.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”