Post by Light-kun »

/confirm.

I'll be reading up as I can.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3181 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:We're down to one kill, excellent.

We still have the dam doll to deal with.

Light-Kun do you have the doll?
No, I do not.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:Good point. I'm glad you looked it up. Xtoxm definitely wasn't the evil boy and the blade that killed Hohum was not specified.
Hm.. hacked to death...makes me think of a long broad knife...like a machete or an axe.

Okay, I read about 10 pages, and I still felt like I was in the RVS, so someone explain to me a summary of what major events happened and why the "confirmed" are confirmed. (I'll read those sections, but my read in the first 10 pages that some people felt town 'came useless due to who's died.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:The way I see it is there is one scum faction the same one that's been killing but we don't have the SK anymore because he's dead.
Missed Deadline? Or is the Body of John Defoe practically guaranteed to be SK?

Stephoscope wrote:Setael is a fine upstanding member of our community. There is absolutely no reason to lynch her or disbelieve what she's said about the matches.

Also,
9c82cb4916a46ab35a3f9fa5e17b0da0
random sequence means what?
ZazieR wrote:According to Amished, the possessed idol took control over the character who touched it. I think that this is going on.
I would have never thought of that. But can we read that much into flavor?
ZazieR wrote:I think that the doll is indeed the idol.
I agree with the above conclusion.
dramonic wrote:I propose we lynch either Sironigous or L-K (with more support on Siro, he's lurking hard). Neither of them have claimed not having the doll and they're both possible scum for me.

dramonic
I know I'm with the innocents/town/whatever you wanna call it

Stephoscope
Cleared by Naomi

Devestation
Cleared by Naomi

Amished
Cleared by Hohum/Elmo if I'm not mistaken

Setael
Cleared by Steph

Lamont_Cranston
gut feeling + giving the bullet to Nyx is town to me

zwetschenwasser
Not gonna take the risk, I naturally fail at getting reads on him -_-

ZazieR
Overzealous, but has been searching every little nook and cranny for slips.

Pyromaniac
populartajo
Sironigous
Light-kun

If we have 4 scum, which sounds like a plausible amount to me for a 19 player game, then in my mind we have good chance to hit scum if we lynch one of them + if we lynch Siro we get rid of a lurker and a non-doll claimed.

For now,
Vote: Sironigous
Your list is interesting because Pyromaniac and sironigous are actually two people I got slight scum vibes from during my D1 read. Still, I am holding my vote for a death summary, and maybe a little background on the events.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:Well I can agree with a Sironi lurker vote just on principle.

Vote Sironi

Also, I disagree with Zwet's opinion of Zazier's analysis. I think scum would disagree in the same way in fact...

@Zwet:
Can you explain more of what you meant by that statement?
Give your opinion on pyromaniac.
Stephoscope wrote:I still believe dramonic is our best lynch. I hate it when people post scumlists that conveniently clear themselves, and his proposition to use the matches on the doll is beyond fishy.
Hm... how would you suggest eliminating the doll?

FYI, I agree about saving the matches. From the flavor people have suggested, we can't use the matches in order to win, but as to the doll, how should it be destroyed.
Pyromaniac wrote:Siro needs to be replaced, not lynched. I agree with zazie about the doll.
Why?

@Dram's above:
Why can we not simply ask the Mod now? Have you? What did he say?
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3236 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Light-kun »

ZazieR wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Flavour of N3 shows that we have a new SK.
Based upon the games, it''s very likely the player who posesses the idol with the soul, which is very likely the doll that dropped D3.

During N2, Xtoxm died, who was the body of John DeFoe. Due to this, the bridge went open for 1/3. The other two are the spirit (contained in the idol) and the mind (contained in the manor) of John DeFoe.
When all three are destroyed, the bridge fully opens and some God can enter this world then (if I remember it correctly)

I think that I have covered everything in this summary.
Don't we want the god to come here so he can take the evil people back into his dimension and torture them for eternity?
If the scum are the Order, they want the God to come.
It''s an EVIL God.
Then why do we have any talk about destroying the doll. We should protect it, right?
zwetschenwasser wrote:L-K is a better lynch than sir, because sir has a history of lurking.
So?
dramonic wrote:Go go gadget quick-wagon <_<

Siro's claim
seems
legitimate, but it's not something scum couldn't pull-off. But yeah, I suppose there is a chance he is town, as such I'll change my vote back to Light-Kun.

Unvote
Vote: Light-Kun

Also, interesting how 3 of my top five scum are trying to get me lynched. Did I hit the nail on the head?
This looks like flailing scum.

Vote dramonic

Also Dram, Zwet hasn't hammered all game cause there hasn't been any lynches.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3237 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Ebwop: I could see Lamont_Cranston scum... is he confirmed of semi confirmed, I've forgotten...

Oh yeah, the bullet thing. Nah, it is possible he knew the bullet would backfire, or something to that effect. Hm...

Still, I'm not a hundred percent on this Dram lynch and I know I am against my lynch.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3275 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Stephoscope wrote:
Light-kun wrote:Ebwop: I could see Lamont_Cranston scum... is he confirmed of semi confirmed, I've forgotten...

Oh yeah, the bullet thing. Nah, it is possible he knew the bullet would backfire, or something to that effect. Hm...

Still, I'm not a hundred percent on this Dram lynch and I know I am against my lynch.
If you had your way, who would we lynch?
Not sure. I think that scum wouldn't hide the fact they had the doll...unless...well, I think that the serial killer is given a chance to win by a serial killer win condition, (possible) or he knows destroying the doll helps town...or...I don't know...

In terms of who to lynch...grr.... tough question... of all the players, Dram sends me mixed signals, but looking at his history, I see that quite often. Could be giving too much to the manner in which he speaks, but he could be innocent... I would personally advocate a Lamont lynch or a Sir lynch at the moment, but I am lacking any strong reads. I will look at a few of the bandwagons and be back to this point.
dramonic wrote:you being for your lynch would be a problem.

Also, yes, Lamont is the bullet case. However, it's the shotgun that backfired, therefore I don't think he could have known (Though loading an 8-bore Shotgun with a 12 bore-bullet wasn,t the best thing, not that I know anything about guns)

Also, you are voting, what for? I'm not flailing, I simply admit the possibility of myself being wrong based on a previous claim, therefore I vote a player I have considered scummier throughout the game so far, even though you claimed not having the doll.

Also, saying you want the doll to survive is plain bad. It's like saying "hey guys, let's make sure the mind of John DeFoe machetes us all to death!"
However, flavor dictates that opening the bridge is bad. Destroying the doll opens the bridge. Therefore, destroying the doll is bad. Why do we want the evil God here? where' innocents, correct?

Someone, how does the friggin game end?
ZazieR wrote:
L-K wrote:Then why do we have any talk about destroying the doll. We should protect it, right?
It depends. We win if we destroy all Evil characters. So if John DeFoe's spirit counts as Evil character, we need to destroy it.
Hm.. I understand your point, but think about the evil characters, is it really so simple as to equal or outnumber the innocents? Maybe they are trying to obtain a particular goal, like summoning this beast. So, they would try to get town to bring the God out, which is for their win condition in my mind. On the other hand, we're to destroy evil characters. If we destroy the idol, house, person (xtoxm), then the god comes out and what of the other evil characters? They win, right?
ZazieR wrote:
L-K wrote:Also Dram, Zwet hasn't hammered all game cause there hasn't been any lynches.
Day 3, Naomi.
Ah, right then.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:Except I wouldn't be surprised here if the doll holder's NK could be controlled by the scum even.
I can see this.

I also think Dram could still be scum. I am choosing to maintain my vote.
(God, I wish I started this game with you guys cause it is so easy to keep up, but my skim read is just ...sad...>.>
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3304 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Light-kun »

@zazier:

Oh, in that case... hm...

Who thinks that destroying all three things is a good thing? a bad thing? Why?
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3332 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Light-kun »

I know I am the wrong person, and were it an earlier day, I would be relatively okay with being given the doll and flipping innocent.

However, that would be stupid now since we already lost 7 and only one scum flipped among them.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3411 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Pyromaniac wrote:
Light-kun wrote:I know I am the wrong person, and were it an earlier day, I would be relatively okay with being given the doll and flipping innocent.

However, that would be stupid now since we already lost 7 and only one scum flipped among them.
That is not a claim
No, it's not.
Setael wrote:
vote: light-kun
My favorite thing about your post Setael is how brilliantly well reasoned it is.
Pyromaniac wrote:L-1 now. Claim.
Acknowledged and currently ignored.
Pyromaniac wrote:I will vote after the claim. Depending on what the claim is, of course.
Laying the floor for an unreasoned and sudden hammer...
Setael wrote:It's semantics then. The sentence can be read as Can't we have another no lynch? (sarcasm)

Can't we = can we not

see how it could be confusing?

Either way, it's not scummy and it's time to talk about something else. Like why light-kun has disappeared when he should be claiming.
I don't claim to baseless attacks. All I've seen is shit thrown at a wall to see if it will stick. The lone person (for "meh" reasons) who has reasoned there vote is Dramonic.

Likely scum:

Pyromaniac
zwetchenwasser
Setael

Likely doll holders:
Lamont
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3494 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Light-kun »

Devestation wrote:Setael is confirmed town...
True, but his play looks like doll holder since he isn't matching what I recall of Setael's play in the past. Could be because he's confirmed he's skirting?
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Light-kun wrote:Likely doll holders:
Lamont
This is a blatant attempt to confuse things. I need to see a better defense to overcome the terrible performance of your predecessor.
Terrible performance=anti-town
Terrible performance=not giving a shit about a game
Terrible performance+actively hurting town chances at a game +knowledge of a majority of the game=scum
ZazieR wrote:
Devestation wrote:
ZazieR wrote: I agree with Deves, however add Dramonic and Zwet in that list.
No ZazieR. You and/or Lamont, point blank. You know perfectly well that neither of those players have been running the general direction of questioning in this game. For trying to add in the extra factor that would decrease the chances of you being investigated,
FoS ZazieR

The same could apply for Lamont, but it would assume that you two are scumbuddies, and there is nothing else that would suggest that yet (apart from not particularly probing each other, which now that I think of it, is a giveaway).
Are you paying attention?
You are directing the cop. Thanks for stating your opinions, but if everybody just says that I should be investigated, it will only result in a giant arrow appearing above my head, pointing at me so that the scum can see who will be investigated. When they know, they can take measurements against it. How is that helpful?
So to make this more of a problem for the scum, you add some WIFOM. If you disagree, state why.
Hm... how about a giant cup of wifom? I am the favorite for today's lynch. I cannot disprove this fact. However, what if we had the cop investigate me, so that the night kill is controlled to kill an innocent person with very little draw back. The cop may lose the investigation still, but the mafia will also somewhat waste a kill. If they decide not to waste the kill on me, I am proven innocent, and that is one step closer to finding scum AND we have whoever else they kill for information. My death supplies less as a lynch than it does control as the night kill. Even if the cop's investigation is wasted, I theorize this control (or attempted if th mafia are currently being controlled by the doll) would be extremely advantageous to us.

New theory:

Hm... the kills went weird of the potential serial killer, John Defoe (Xtoxm) died. Is it possible that the ability for the mafia to control their kill is linked to either his life and losing it until the doll is destroyed?
Devestation wrote:We already HAVE a WIFOM in there, its name is Lamont Cranston. This extra WIFOM directs the investigation away from the driving forces of scumhunting in this town.
Do you post anything useful outside of obvious statements? (That I admittedly overlooked.)
Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Are you paying attention?
You are directing the cop. Thanks for stating your opinions, but if everybody just says that I should be investigated, it will only result in a giant arrow appearing above my head, pointing at me so that the scum can see who will be investigated. When they know, they can take measurements against it. How is that helpful?
So to make this more of a problem for the scum, you add some WIFOM. If you disagree, state why.
There is no need to worry about my being "directed"...I investigated last time per town consensus for obvious reasons, but make no guarantees I would do the same thing this time around, and I don't yet even know who I will investigate.
I folllow you, but what of my suggestion above?
populartajo wrote:Light kun refusing to claim and omgusing people that are prob town makes me even more happy with my vote.

We can deal with pyro tomorrow. That jester speculation came from nowhere.
1. Hm.. refusing? Um... true...but I thought of a better idea and worked it out. See above. If plan fails, I have no issues claiming.

2. I see Pyro as stupid for that. I can certainly say that if he is scum, it is not with me. As he is not scum with me, I can only take a slightly town read from the statement.
Pyromaniac wrote:First of all, refusing to claim. Look at rock. Rock did nothing. He lurked. And lurked. And made random, unrelated comments. I can by that he is bad at the game. Now, I've never played with light but from his postcount he probably good enough to know that when you are about to get lynched you claim.
Oh... is that so? You're *supposed* to claim at L-1? Who knew? That is such a revolutionary concept. Damn, you're good.
Pyromaniac wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:also, it could be a coincidence but a useless player replaced a useless player.
Why do you call L-K useless?
He lurks. And lurks. But not as much as rock does. I have a feeling he would be lurking more if he wasn't L-1.
Actually, I just moved. Yeah, yeah, lame ass excuse. Still, I usually post once per day. I will, obviously, post once per day now that I have full access to a computer again.

Oh, side note:

Unvote; Vote Populartajo

First, I admit that I have no idea if I was voting.

Second, he's half-assing this, so I see scum.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3526 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Light-kun »

1. Populartajo is being voted by me for mostly omgus reasons.
2. Claiming is not the best play for me.
3. Dramonic, that' cute, but you stil haven't explain how my plan is flawed.
4. Percy, God bless you and your willingness to actually read the game.
5. In case I didn't make this perfectly clear, I'm not reading he entirety of the game. I am simpling entering, using the list of confirmed and cleareds and going from there. However, since the doll enters now, I would think it is obvious that whoever has the doll is potentially a serial killer now. Therefore, all previous reads are pretty much invalid.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3541 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Light-kun »

My plan is confusing? Huh...who knew.

Look: I am the favorite for today's lynch. I cannot disprove this fact. However, what if we had the cop investigate me, so that the night kill is controlled to kill an innocent person with very little draw back. The cop may lose the investigation still, but the mafia will also somewhat waste a kill. If they decide not to waste the kill on me, I am proven innocent, and that is one step closer to finding scum AND we have whoever else they kill for information. My death supplies less as a lynch than it does control as the night kill. Even if the cop's investigation is wasted, I theorize this control (or attempted if th mafia are currently being controlled by the doll) would be extremely advantageous to us.

I would be the favored lynch today. However, what if we were to lynch someone else. Let's say pyro (for the sake of argument.)
d4: Pyro is lynched and flips ???
N4A: Cop investigates me, gets town. Mafia kills me (or tries to) and the kill is controled.
N4B: Cop investigates me, gets town. mafia kills me, but fails due to doll? We learn town, kill couldn't be controled anyway.
N4C: Cop investigates me, gets town. Mafia kills someone else (not cop). We learn town, kill is diverted so information is gained.
N4D: Cop investigates me, gets mafia. Mafia obviously kills someone else. We learn mafia member, and lynch me for the result.

I know D is impossible. C is unlikely, and B would happen anyway if my theory prior to this is correct. A is the most likely if the doll holder doesn't have to make the mafia kill, though we may then lose two people.

The only flaw is, of course, if the cop dies. That isn't impossible I guess, but my I assumed from the attempts at directing the investigation, the cop won't die tonight.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3552 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Stephoscope wrote:Light-kun, please summarize in a sentence or two why someone like Pyro should be lynched and not you. You can go on and on about your investigation plans, but why do you feel you are the right candidate to investigate? Also, do you have a roleclaim? Sorry if I've missed something...
I am refusing to claim. This means that either:

A. My claim isn't believable or wouldn't save me.

OR

B. My role is scum pretending to be "A."

As I know I am aligned towards the town, I noticed that A has worked surprisingly well in slowing down the game. B wouldn't work since if my motivations were B, I would wish to speed up the game and would, therefore, self hammer. Though, pointing this out destroys my own defense by creating wifom as if I realized above, I might slow down the game to look town. All this aside:

I am a decent investigation target because I have no other solid way to clear myself as not being mafia. I am doing my best, but so far, I haven't really seen anything but a town trying desperately to decide its best moves, a series of players who are playing far from there best, and most importantly of all: a series of people who are just active lurking and going with town concensus.

I bet 3000000 imaginary numbers that sajin, zwet, Pyro, and potentially setael, if not cleared by cop/etc, are scum. I would be truly surprised if I were more than 50% wrong.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3582 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Pyromaniac wrote:L-K. In your next post give me one good reason not to hammer. Ideally, this would be a claim.
It is still not in my best interest to claim. Here's a hint, it is never in my best interest to claim.

At Lamont made the amateur remark:
I am probably a second rate, maybe lower, player. I am a first rate moderator* though. One doesn't really help the other.

Oh, and I find it rather amusing, Lamont, that you would say this:
Lamont_Cranston wrote: Also, I notice you joined over a year ago. I actually had to check because from the way you are defending yourself, I expected that you might be new.
when you're in my game. In case your wondering, I am 1/2 Gelus.

This is simply the opinion of LK about LK. This does not make it official in anyway nor does LK support others who may or may not make similar comments. Noting that better moderator exists, LK is able to fall back on a record of no screw up games and with a co-modding a large theme that has had no major errors so far. Repeating anything claimed about LK being a good or bad moderator will be neither supported nor declined by LK without a message noting that LK's opinions do not actually matter in terms of other people, admins (who are people but better), and other sites, which are probably irrelevant unless they are mafia sites, and not the real mafia, but the game mafia, and if they are such, then it is very likely that they suck and thus matter less than the site this disclaimer is on, so suck it other sites, no one cares. I'm rambling? You're reading? What the fuck is wrong with you, get back to the game!
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3583 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Pyromaniac wrote:L-K. In your next post give me one good reason not to hammer. Ideally, this would be a claim.
It is still not in my best interest to claim. Here's a hint, it is never in my best interest to claim.

At Lamont made the amateur remark:
I am probably a second rate, maybe lower, player. I am a first rate moderator* though. One doesn't really help the other.

Oh, and I find it rather amusing, Lamont, that you would say this:
Lamont_Cranston wrote: Also, I notice you joined over a year ago. I actually had to check because from the way you are defending yourself, I expected that you might be new.
when you're in my game. In case your wondering, I am 1/2 Gelus. *checks rules about saying this, my rules allow it as I am speaking of activity, players, and not content. Checking rules of this game: I'm clear.*

This is simply the opinion of LK about LK. This does not make it official in anyway nor does LK support others who may or may not make similar comments. Noting that better moderator exists, LK is able to fall back on a record of no screw up games and with a co-modding a large theme that has had no major errors so far. Repeating anything claimed about LK being a good or bad moderator will be neither supported nor declined by LK without a message noting that LK's opinions do not actually matter in terms of other people, admins (who are people but better), and other sites, which are probably irrelevant unless they are mafia sites, and not the real mafia, but the game mafia, and if they are such, then it is very likely that they suck and thus matter less than the site this disclaimer is on, so suck it other sites, no one cares. I'm rambling? You're reading? What the fuck is wrong with you, get back to the game!
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”