Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (Tar's subgame): Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia

Time Spiral Subgame

How... unsurprising. Dominaria is such a battered plane already... the Brother's War, the Invasion, the overlay of Rath, the Mirari, Karona, and now the rifts... so what's all that new about another apocalypse?

But the threat to Dominaria this time is... different. This time, it's a person. Or persons. Or even... things.

But then, it doesn't really matter to you what exactly the threat is. If you don't stop it, you die... so you might as well at least try to stop this new threat... before it stops you.

Primary Moderator:
Tarhalindur
Secondary Moderators:
Lord Gurgi, forbiddanlight, MafiaSSK

Subgame Stage:
Day 5

On the Battlefield
In Play:

2) veerus, Jhoira of the Ghitu, Townie Communicator, Survived
10) animorpherv1 (rep. Mastin), Mistform Ultimus, Townie Shapeshifter (post restricted), Survived
23) Boxman, Ertai, Wizard Adept, Townie FBI Agent, Survived

In the Graveyard:

1) Kinetic, Nicol Bolas, Nicol Bolas (modified Serial Killer), Destroyed Night 1

11) Vino, Saffi Eriksdotter, Townie Slider Doctor, Lynched Day 2
27) Looker (rep. ZazieR), Sakashima the Impostor, Townie Limited Doctor (originally Townie Copycat), Destroyed Night 3

6) malthusis, Telekinetic Sliver, Time Spiral Mafia Sliver Redirector, lynched Day 4

7) Pyromaniac, Jasmine Boreal, Weak-Minded Townie, Destroyed Night 5

16) chenhsi,
Metallic Sliver
Acidic Sliver, Tempest Mafia B Sliver Shredder, Lynched Day 5

Exiled:

8) Seraphim, Jaya Ballard, Task Mage, Neutral Survivor
(
formerly Townie Ass-Whupper
)
, Modkilled/Autolossed Day 1 for a Violation of Rule 1

3) Benmage, Baru, Fist of Krosa, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1
30) Debonair Danny DePietro, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1

31) Mufasa, Yuki-Onna, Neutral Survivor
(
formerly Vanilla Townie
)
, Lynched Day 3, Modkilled/Autolossed Postgame for a Violation of Rule 1.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 16 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Rules:

<0> I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it.
<0a> Refusal to accept the moderators decision once the moderator has made it clear that the decision is final will be punished by modkill (if applicable) and blacklisting. (Added 8/14/2009 for clarity.)
<0b> I may, at my discretion, opt to use a greater punishment than usual on one or more players, provided that there is a clear pattern of more than one player violating the same rule and that the player(s) to be punished more severely broke that rule more severely or frequently than other players. (Added 8/14/2009 for clarity.)
<1> This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game (in other words, don't be a jackass). Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in replacement or modkill.
<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!
<1b> If there is any question about whether something might break the rules, don't do it. Hint: If I've modkilled for it before, it's not acceptable. (Added 8/14/2009; apparently this is not common sense.)
<1c> Rule 1 is a catchall rule; it is intended to preemptively outlaw any action I consider clearly unacceptable that I have not explicitly outlawed elsewhere, or for assigning a lesser punishment when I feel that the usual punishment for a rule violation would be too harsh. I will do my best not to use the first aspect of this rule, but if I decide that something qualifies as a Rule 1 violation then it is a Rule 1 violation. (See also Rule 0.) (Added 8/14/2009 for added clarity.)
<2> If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
<3> Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill. I have zero tolerance for scumbuddy claims.
<4> Quoting private communications (role PM, mason conversations, etc.) or pretending to do the same will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing, however, is acceptable, provided that the paraphrase is short and does not use the same formatting that the original message used. (Updated 8/14/2009 for increased clarity)
<4a> Do not discuss role PM structure under any circumstances. This includes win conditions, ability formatting, or any other aspect of the role PM other than full role name and a brief summary of that. You may mention what an ability does, but don't mention how I template it (substitute your own templating). This includes any information about role PMs posted publicly in the thread. Violation will lead to Official Warning, forced replacement, or modkill, at my discretion. I have zero tolerance for using the structure of ANY role PM for advantage (regardless of alignment, regardless of whose role PM it is). (Rule added 8/13/2009 due to Rule 1a and Rule 4 apparently not being specific enough for players to recognize that using Role PM structure was already verboten under those rules).
<4b> Attempting to use any aspect of role PM format to confirm a player's alignment constitutes a violation of either Rule 1 or Rule 4 (at my discretion). This even applies if you accidentally make it clear that you have or do not have a specific win condition. (Added 8/14/2009 to prevent any possible arguments about this subject.)
<5> You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
<6> This game will have a vote count but no FoS count. Each player will begin with 1 vote (but see Rule 2).
<6a> In a Normal game, the FoS count will have no effect on the game other than breaking voting ties at deadline. Theme games make no such guarantee. (Especially not this one!)

<7> To help the game run smoothly, votes and FoS'es should be made in bold text, and use the format Vote: XXXX and FoS: XXXX, respectively. An unvote and/or unFoS is required to remove a vote or FoS; to unvote or unFoS, please use the format Unvote: XXXX or UnFoS: XXXX.
<8> If a player or No Lynch has a majority of votes, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted. You may talk during twilight unless I state otherwise.
<9> Each game day will begin with a negotiable deadline of 2 weeks in place. At the end of each week, if I find the activity level in the game acceptable and the week does not end with the deadline, then I will extend the deadline by one week, to a maximum of twice the original deadline (a maximum of 4 weeks); the maximum deadlines are not retractable.
<10> If no one has reached majority by deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, each player in the tie will send me a haiku. Whichever one is more amusing will be spared the rope.
<11> You may vote to No Lynch any number of times during the game. When at least 50% of voting players are voting No Lynch, No Lynch will occur. (To vote No Lynch, please use the format Vote: No Lynch. FoS'es for No Lynch will not be counted.)
<12> Don't drink and post, lest ye receive Public Humilitation. (This rule is an injoke and doesn't actually do anything.)
<13> This is an Open Night setup. As usual, lynching occurs during the day, actions are submitted at night and resolve at end of night (unless indicated otherwise). However, players are PERMITTED to talk in the thread during "night".
<14> When you die, stop posting. You may make a single "Bah!"/"Frak you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content in this post. In addition, once you are dead, please do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over, as this makes the mod's life easier.
<15> All players need to post at least once every 72 hours, or inform me if this is not possible. If you do not post for 72 hours, you will be prodded. If you are prodded, then you will need to post something (a simple "/prodded" will suffice if you're short on time) within 72 hours or you will be replaced. You will receive an Official Warning the second time you fail to post for more than 72 hours. The third time you fail to post for 72 hours, you will be replaced.
<15a> If you have limited access, you need to post to this effect, either in V/LA or in the thread. If I prod you despite you declaring V/LA status, call me on it and I will be duly embarrassed.
<15b> If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod.
<16> Players may only use one special ability per day (but see Rule 2). Passive abilities and factional abilities are not counted as special abilities for purposes of this rule.
<17> This game will start on Day 1 after all players have confirmed (by the method specified in their role PM).
<18> Any player who is modkilled loses the game unless I specify otherwise. I will modkill in either the fashion that I deem least damaging to the game state or the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction, at my discretion.
<19> I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).
<20> Okay, that's enough formal-sounding stuff. Good luck, have fun!

Game-Specific Rules:

<21> The larger MtG: Parallel Universe game consists of three subgames. A player with the factional win condition ("you win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same") wins when all other factions in his or her subgame have left that subgame, or nothing can prevent the same; when this occurs, all members of other factions that were in that subgame (whether dead, alive, or otherwise) at the time of that faction winning lose the game. A faction winning in one subgame does NOT cause members of any faction in other subgames to win or lose the game unless explicitly told otherwise.
<22> Whenever a player wins or loses the game, that player will be removed from the game.
<23> Players may only target other players in the same subgame with abilities (but see Rule 2; abilities that can or must target players in a different subgame will use the formatting "in {any/another} game you can see from your seat").
<23a> If a faction has factional abilities (i.e, Mafia kill) that does not use the aforementioned formatting, that faction may use that ability to target a player in any subgame which contains a member of that faction.
<24> Effects that last "until end of turn" expire at the beginning of the day after they are used. Abilities that cause a permanent change will remind the player that "this effect lasts indefinitely".
<25> Abilities can be played only any time you could cast a sorcery; that is to say, they may be used only at night and resolve at end of night (but see Rule 2; abilities that can be played at any time will use the formatting "you may play this ability any time you could play an instant").
<26> An ability has its effect instantaneously upon resolution, regardless of which subgame it effects (i.e, if a normal ability in one game causes two players to swap subgames, that ability will take effect at the end of the night in the subgame in which it is used, even if the other game is in the middle of day).
<27> In order to keep this game relatively in synch with (pre-M10) Magic: the Gathering wording, some abilities are being referred to by the closest equivalent M:tG keyword action. Killing abilities will use the format "Destroy XXXX"; kills that remove a player from the game will use the formating "Exile XXXX", but other abilities that involve removing a player from the game will use the older formatting "remove XXXX from the game". Protective abilities will use the format "Regenerate XXXX" or the replacement effect formatting "If XXXX would happen, instead YYYY"; abilities that bypass normal doctor protection will use the formatting "It can't be regenerated", but this does not prevent that ability from being stopped by a replacement effect.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

It is now Confirmation Stage. Role PMs are going out. Please confirm in the thread.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Notes:

1) malthusis has somewhat longer to confirm than normal, as he declared V/LA before game start.

2) A sample town role PM:

Welcome to MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia,
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Stonebrow, Krosan Hero

Legendary Creature - Vanilla Townie, Mythic Rare, 3RG

Moments after a fickle rift dropped Stonebrow in the waste of his beloved Krosa, he took up his axe in rage-blind vengeance.

4/4
Townie

Enchantment-Win Condition, G, Rare
Win Condition
— When all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same, you win the game and every player who is a member of another faction loses the game. This doesn't affect players in other subgames.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

malthusis wrote:EBWOP:
<26> An ability has its effect instantaneously upon resolution, regardless of which subgame it effects (i.e, if a normal ability in one game causes two players to swap subgames, that ability will take effect at the end of the night in the subgame in which it is used, even if the other game is in the middle of day).
Tar, I'm correct in assuming that alignments won't be revealed upon switiching games, right?
Correct; a player who switches subgames is treated as though they never were in the original subgame (they will be removed from the player list in that subgame and added onto the player list in the second subgame). Alignments will only be revealed either via death or via any abilities that publicly reveal alignment (should such abilities exist). - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Each reality is but the dream of another, and each sleeper a god unknowing.' - flavor text, Venser's Diffusion"

With only Mastin unconfirmed and both other games in confirmation, I'll start this subgame; you may only submit day actions that target players in other subgames after those subgames begin.

Mastin has 72 hours to confirm or be replaced. - Tar

The Zeroth Vote Count (aka the "Return Target Spell Or Permanent" Vote Count)

1) Kinetic (0) -
2) veerus (0) -
3) Benmage (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
5) Budja (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
8) Seraphim (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (0) -
12) Kairyuu (0) -

Not Voting (12): Kinetic, veerus, Benmage, ChaosOmega, Budja, malthusis, Pyromaniac, Seraphim, Sajin, Mastin, Vino, Kairyuu

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
August 20, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
First Mod Deadline Review:
August 13, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)

Begin Game!
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #213 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'To probe the wonders of the multiverse, to gaze upon worlds unspoiled by blade or spell . . . it's enough to make one weep for the possibilities denied.' - flavor text, Wistful Thinking"

Sajin receives an Official Warning for Rule 0 violation (Jackassery including Attempting to Use Structure of Role PM for Advantage) for a combination of posts 60, 76, and 176. He'd be modkilled if not for the fact that the structure he's asking for is supposed to be reasonably public (creature types are the proper role name, all character rarities are Mythic).

EDIT: After appeal and review, 76 is not Jackassery. Sajin's Official Warning downgraded to unofficial warning. Further assessment is currently in progress.

I think there may be a vote for Pyromaniac I missed somewhere. Also, it's a Tar vote count. If I missed something, let me know where. - Tar

The First Vote Count (aka the "Judge!" Vote Count)

1) Kinetic (1) - Mastin
2) veerus (0) -
3) Benmage (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
5) Budja (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (4) - Seraphim, Kairyuu, ChaosOmega, Sajin
8) Seraphim (1) - Vino
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (2) - malthusis, Kinetic
12) Kairyuu (1) - Budja
forbiddanlight (1) - Pyromaniac

Not Voting (2): veerus, Benmage

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:

Begin Game!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #232 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Benmage has received an Official Warning for Rule 0 violation for post 74 (Jackassery - Attempting to Use Structure of Role PM for Advantage) for mentioning a possible Artifact in his role PM. I neither confirm nor deny that role PMs could include Artifact cards. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #243 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Yes, I think 'toast' is an appropriate description
-Jaya Ballard, Task Mage' - flavor text, Incinerate"

I've had quite enough of this. - Tar

The Second Vote Count (aka the "Penalty - Game Loss" Vote Count)

1) Kinetic (1) - Mastin
2) veerus (0) -
3) Benmage (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
5) Budja (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (4) - Seraphim, Kairyuu, ChaosOmega, Sajin
8) Seraphim (1) - Vino
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (2) - malthusis, Kinetic
12) Kairyuu (1) - Budja
forbiddanlight (1) - Pyromaniac

Not Voting (2): veerus, Benmage

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:

Modkill forthcoming
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #244 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Seraphim wrote:
Sajin wrote:Actually Seraphim, I am not sure how familiar with magic cards you are but several cards have a comma in the title.
For instance: http://magiccards.info/ts/en/83.html
http://magiccards.info/fut/en/46.html

Notice how the actual card name has a surtitle?
Yeah, I did notice that and realized that looking at my own role PM.

I was trying to trap Pyro...I'm not afraid to admit.
I wanted to see if he would try to fill something in to make his role PM more like the sample.
But he didn't. Oh well.
The Rules - READ THEM wrote:<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts,
trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage
, etc. Please, use your common sense!
In an ideal world, this would be self-explanatory, but since it apparently isn't: If you are explicitly told in the rules not to do something, DON'T DO IT.

Since Seraphim wasn't paying attention to the rules, he gets modkilled. I'll take Seraphim's record of good behavior in Tar games into account and not blacklist him, however. - Tar

Now, please die!

Seraphim, Jaya Ballard, Task Mage, Neutral Survivor
(formerly Townie Ass-Whupper)
, Modkilled/Autolossed Day 1

It is now Night 1. You have 72 hours to send in normal actions. You may talk in the thread for the duration of the night. Roles that may talk outside the thread at night only may now begin talking.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #309 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Beginning of Day 2

After a restful? night on the weary plane that is Time Spiral Dominaria, you wake up to see if you can actually find scum without running afoul of state-based effects.

Or, at least, most of you do. Kinetic seems to have gone missing overnight. Where could he be? Time to send out search parties (a couple of Raven Familiars, donated by a friendly blue mage).

After a bit of time and fruitless searching, you manage to find Kinetic. It's not safe or easy - he's wound up right by one of the time rifts. Why would a dragon have come over here?

Then, some of you begin to realize that Kinetic wasn't an ordinary dragon...

Who was Kinetic?

Well, Timmy just peed his pants, because Kinetic was .

But wait! There's no way that Nicol Bolas would ever help anyone out, much less you! And there's no way he would ever limit his desire for domination to just one plane! So he must be scum!

But if he was not group scum... what happened to his kill? And, perhaps more importantly, who killed him?

You have barely had time to contemplate these mysteries when another time rift opens by your camp. Most of you are able to dodge its strange effects. Budja, however, cannot. He is pulled into the rift, perhaps never to return to this plane.

But Budja apparently wasn't the only person pulled into the rift, as something... someone... emerges from it.

She is a young woman, wearing the clothes of a vastly different world - a headdress, a robe. One of her languages is difficult to understand, but luckily for you she can also speak in yours. (Those among you still knowledgeable about other planes recognize that these signs make it likely that this woman hails from Kamigawa.)

She calls herself Azusa, or else Debonair Danny DePietro. She claims to have been beset by images of a handsome nature mage, who she has never met but cannot stop dreaming of. She had searched her home seeking this man (among other things), but could not find him.

Or can she? She looks up to see Benmage, who calls himself Baru... and sees the man she has been looking for. And he, apparently, reciprocates; he claims his dreams have been beset by her image for some time.

You decide shortly thereafter that there's no point in asking the happy couple to continue to participate in current events - even if they were a threat, they're now too busy to threaten anyone for a while. For once, it seems the tale of Star-Crossed Lovers has a happy ending.

However, the tale of the rifts is not open. A second rift opens at the edge of camp and pulls Benmage and Debonair Danny DePietro out of Dominaria. In exchange, it leaves a new visitor.

He calls himself Papa Zito. Maybe he can be your ally?

1) Kinetic, Nicol Bolas, Nicol Bolas (modified Serial Killer), Destroyed N1

3) Benmage, Baru, Fist of Krosa, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1
30) Debonair Danny DePietro, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1

5) Budja is now in forbiddanlight's subgame (Kamigawa)
26) Papa Zito is now in Tarhalindur's subgame (Time Spiral).

Day 2 will begin momentarily.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #310 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"''Do the innocent pay for the crimes of the guilty? Of course they do. That's the fate of the weak.'
—Nicol Bolas' - flavor text, Imp's Mischief"

The Third Vote Count (aka the "ELDER DRAGON HIGHLANDER!" Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (0) -
12) Kairyuu (0) -
26) Papa Zito (0) -

Not Voting (9): veerus, ChaosOmega, malthusis, Pyromaniac, Sajin, Mastin, Vino, Kairyuu, Papa Zito

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
August 26, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
August 19, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)

Begin Day 2
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #317 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

If we're going by my interpretation of the rules: Mods are allowed to post in other subgames. Players are not. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #374 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Hidden within the clicking, chittering swarm is a unique mind, still young, but growing more aware as time passes.' - flavor text, Sliver Legion"

Posting this since the moderating team's inboxes have been flooded with questions/concerns:

I do not believe Yosarian2 intentionally broke the rules, and I would ordinarily recommend an Official Warning in this situation. However, I instead recommended a modkill in this situation for two reasons:
1) multiple players were breaking Rule 1a in a way that I thought posed an IMMINENT threat to game integrity and
2) given how players reacted to Official Warnings in my game I thought there was a severe risk that players would continue to break Rule 1a if the moderating team only handed out Official Warnings.

As for the prodding situation:
- Mastin will not be prodded due to extenuating circumstances, though I will remind him that this game exists if he does not post in a day or two.
- malthusis is being prodded
- Pyromaniac's V/LA (until Saturday) is noted.

That should be all. - Tar

The Fourth Vote Count (aka the "Grandeur" Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (1) - Sajin
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (3) - Papa Zito, ChaosOmega, Kairyuu
12) Kairyuu (0) -
26) Papa Zito (0) -

Not Voting (5): veerus, malthusis, Pyromaniac, Mastin, Vino

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #383 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

New Challenger Detected!

Another day, another rift. This one opens up and deposits somebody into your timeline.

He calls himself qwints, and claims he is a refugee from disaster in another world. Shall you welcome him? Or destroy him?

14) qwints has entered the game.

Vote Count reset. Day continues.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #386 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"''Great books are meant to be read, then read again backwards or upside down'
—Ettovard, Tolarian archivist' - flavor text,[http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=108823]Think Twice[/url]"

The Fifth Vote Count (aka the "Ten Little Indians" Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (1) - Papa Zito
12) Kairyuu (0) -
14) qwints (0) -
26) Papa Zito (0) -

Not Voting (10): veerus, ChaosOmega, malthusis, Pyromaniac, Sajin, Mastin, Vino, Kairyuu, qwints
Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #419 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'A thousand years removed from her home, her news of war had lost its context, but not its relevance.' - flavor text, Icatian Crier"

I'm going to pass you on the First Mod Deadline Review. Barely. If it weren't for so much V/LA, I would be failing you instead. Get posting. - Tar

The Sixth Vote Count (aka the "Elfball" Vote Count)

2) veerus (1) - Sajin
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (4) - Papa Zito, Kairyuu, ChaosOmega, malthusis
12) Kairyuu (1) - Pyromaniac
14) qwints (0) -
26) Papa Zito (0) -

Not Voting (3): veerus, Mastin, Vino, qwints
Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
September 2, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
Second Mod Deadline Review:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #435 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'You wish for me to cow your enemies? I can do better than that . . . .' —Teferi, second-level student" - flavor text, Ovinize"

Mastin has been reminded that the game exists. I will not prod him. I may replace him in due time, if I feel he's completely flaked the game.

Also note that if Mastin was V/LA, I would have noted as such. If you thought Mastin was not being prodded due to being V/LA, think again. - Tar

The Seventh Vote Count (aka the "Bolas Hates That Which Was Taken?" Vote Count)

2) veerus (1) - Sajin
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (4) - Papa Zito, Kairyuu, ChaosOmega, malthusis
14) qwints (0) -
26) Papa Zito (1) - veerus

Not Voting (3): Mastin, Vino, qwints

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #473 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"They wait in darkened depths, laughing eagerly." - flavor text, Coral Trickster

Unvotes are required (Rule 7). Since Pyromaniac was already voting a player (Kairyuu) when he tried to vote Vino, his vote does not count, and therefore Vino is NOT lynched. - Tar

The Eighth Vote Count (aka the "Bolas's Meditation Plane" Vote Count)

2) veerus (1) - Sajin
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (5) - Papa Zito, Kairyuu, ChaosOmega, malthusis, qwints
14) qwints (0) -

Not Voting (2): Mastin, Vino

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #479 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Ach Hans, run It's the Tarmogoyf!'
—Saffi Eriksdotter, last words" - adapted from the flavor text of Lhurgoyf

Unvotes are required (Rule 7). Since Pyromaniac was already voting a player (Kairyuu) when he tried to vote Vino, his vote does not count, and therefore Vino is NOT lynched. - Tar

The Ninth Vote Count (aka the "That's Broken" Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
11) Vino (6) - Papa Zito, Kairyuu, ChaosOmega, malthusis, qwints, Sajin
14) qwints (0) -

Not Voting (2): Mastin, Vino

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:

Lynch count has been reached. Lynch scene forthcoming.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #480 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 2

Another day, and the threat to you still survives. You decide that Vino - an outlander, who you would describe as "Scandinavian" if such a word existed in Dominaria - is a part of it.

As you move to force Vino into the rifts, however, somebody in your group does the job for you first - a sharp spear (quill, perhaps?), accurately aimed, assassinates Vino just as he... she?... was taking his... her?... last steps towards the rift.

You quickly realize that this assassination is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you find a planewalking device in Vino's pocket, capable of sending Vino to other planes for at least a brief period of time. A rather interesting and dangerous thing, that; feeding Vino into the rifts probably wouldn't have killed Vino anyways.

The bad news is that some of you with an eye for legends recognize Saffi Eriksdotter, guide and protector of the legendary explorer Hans in the time of the Ice Age so long ago. Apparently, the rifts had brought her forward several thousand years in time.

The final piece in the puzzle is a journal you find on her (his?) body, which describes how Vino tried to use the planeswalking device to protect people (by moving them between planes, so that they couldn't be found by assassins) but couldn't get it to work. A couple of the more knowledgable among you recognize what the problem was: Saffi's device required an equivalent exchange to work. She could have been a strong ally had she figured out her device...

11) Vino, Saffi Eriksdotter, Townie Slider Doctor, Lynched Day 2

It is now Night 2. Night deadline is Thursday, August 24, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6).
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #493 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Beginning of Day 3

Another day breaks after a night that threatened malice and murder.

Time for a head count.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine... wait a minute, you're all here!

Or are you? A couple of familiar faces seem to be missing. First, you search Kairyuu's tent, looking to see if his stuff is there, but it's... gone. No, not just Kairyuu, but rather the entire tent has gone missing overnight.

Sajin, who preferred packing less for his travels, also seems to be missing. You find a spare pair of shoes where his knapsack used to be.

But then... if there are nine of you here but two of your original number are missing... then you should have... newcomers?

No sooner do you realize this than Papa Zito points out two among your number, claiming them to be acquaintances from his time back in Kamigawa.

The first calls himself Mufasa, the second ZazieR. You're not sure if these newcomers are a blessing or a curse... but you're going to have to work with them either way.

No kills occurred Night 2.

9) Sajin has left the subgame (he is now in Kamigawa subgame)
12) Kairyuu has left the subgame (he is now in Kamigawa subgame)

27) ZazieR has entered the subgame (originally from Kamigawa subgame)
31) Mufasa has entered the subgame (originally from Kamigawa subgame)

Day 2 will begin shortly.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #494 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'What wears down my people most, I think, is not the danger, but the endless screeching outside our camp.'
—Merrik Aidar, Benalish patrol" - flavor text, Screeching Sliver

Mastin has not picked up his reminder PM and is being replaced.

Also, I'm keeping a close eye on something, though I will not elaborate at this time. - Tar

The Tenth Vote Count (aka the "Everybody Lives! Just This Once,..." Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
14) qwints (0) -
26) Papa Zito (0) -
27) ZazieR (0) -
31) Mufasa (0) -

Not Voting (9): veerus, ChaosOmega, malthusis, Pyromaniac, Sajin, Mastin, qwints, Papa Zito, ZazieR, Mufasa

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
September 10, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
September 3, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)

Begin Day 3!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #531 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Vote count, prods, etc. will come tomorrow. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #534 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'A gargoyle's meat can be carved with an ordinary cleaver, but for its petrous hide . . .'
—Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar,
The Underworld Cookbook" - flavor text, Lightning Axe

Still mulling over a Mastin replacement; I've refrained from doing so thus far due to a current issue brought up amongst the Mods.

ZazieR is being force-replaced for Rule 15 (activity) violation after previously receiving an Official Warning for Rule 15 (activity) violation. ChaosOmega narrowly avoids prod.

Again, I remind players that unvoting is required as per Rule 8.

Finally, I am suspending the deadline count at 1 second before the first deadline review, due to the aforementioned current issue being discussed by the moderating team. It will be reinstated immediately after that issue is resolved. - Tar

The Eleventh Vote Count (aka the "Appeal to Head Judge" Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
14) qwints (0) -
26) Papa Zito (0) -
27) ZazieR (3) - Papa Zito, Mufasa, qwints
31) Mufasa (2) - malthusis, Pyromaniac

Not Voting (4): veerus, ChaosOmega, Sajin, Mastin, ZazieR

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
SUSPENDED (was September 10, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6) )
SUSPENDED (was September 3, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6) )
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #548 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'A gargoyle's meat can be carved with an ordinary cleaver, but for its petrous hide . . .'
—Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar,
The Underworld Cookbook" - flavor text, Lightning Axe

Decision made: qwints is moving back to MafiaSSK's game. (Mod team still isn't 100% on how to resolve his role; I think there was a mod error N1 in SSK's game, SSK thought that the error was in him not leaving last night, but either way he should currently be in MafiaSSK's game so that's where he winds up. (Think of this as being like a Judge action in MTG; we reset the gamestate to the way it should be.)

Searching for Mastin/ZazieR replacements starting Wednesday.

Oh yeah, and you fail the Mod Deadline Review. I'll be generous and give you 9 days. - Tar

The Twelfth Vote Count (aka the "Decisions Decisions" Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
4) ChaosOmega (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
9) Sajin (0) -
10) Mastin (0) -
26) Papa Zito (0) -
27) ZazieR (0)
31) Mufasa (0)

Not Voting (9): veerus, ChaosOmega, malthusis, Pyromaniac, Sajin, Mastin, Papa Zito, ZazieR, Mufasa

Votes required to lynch:

Current and Final Deadline:
September 18, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6) )
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #586 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Yeah, my search for replacements has not gone well so far.

I can end the day now, if you want (resulting in a deadline Mufasa lynch). - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #589 (isolation #27) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 3

After an extended discussion and resounding silence from several players, you decide that Mufasa (from the plane of Kamigawa, the source of a recent disaster) needs to die.

So, you string him up... and search through his belongings...

Hmm. He was town after all.

31) Mufasa, Yuki-Onna, Vanilla Townie, Deadline Lynched Day 3

In other news, animorpherv1 replaces Mastin. Night deadline will be extended slightly to allow him to catch up overnight and make a night action should he have one.

Still searching for replacements for ZazieR and ChaosOmega (the latter just abandoned a game he was modding, so I'm assuming he's flaked the site). - Tar

Night ends on Sunday, September 21 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6).
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #593 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

No it can't, I'm sending out the other two replacements' roles now.

Looker replaces ZazieR.
StrangerCoug replaces ChaosOmega.

Deadline remains extended while they get a chance to read and send actions, if any. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #605 (isolation #29) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Beginning of Day 4

Another night, another fear. Who will disappear this night?

You wake up to a headcount... one fewer than yesterday, and two new faces. Hmm. What gives?

The first new face is that of one calling himself Boxman. He claims to be from an earlier part of Dominaria's history... the rifts at work?

The second new face calls himself chenshi. Again, he claims to be a relic of older times. What is going on here?

Well, what's definitely going on here is that three players are missing: StrangerCoug, Papa Zito, and Looker. Time for a body hunt.

You manage to find Looker's body. He's been badly mauled... perhaps mistrust of an outsider? It was misguided mistrust, then, or else outright malice. He was the legendary entity calling itself Sakashima the Impostor... a master of disguise, most recently in the guise of a legendary nezumi ninja.

He's also the only body you find. Papa Zito and StrangerCoug are nowhere to be found. Where did they go?

Hmm. Time to set the mystery aside and get on with the lynching, I suppose?

27) Looker, Sakashima the Impostor, Townie Limited Doctor (originally Townie Copycat), Destroyed Night 3

4) StrangerCoug is now in MafiaSSK's subgame
26) Papa Zito is now in MafiaSSK's subgame

16) chenhsi is now in this subgame
23) Boxman is now in this subgame
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #606 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'The clashing warriors turned to face O-Kagachi, the greatest kami, and their sigh of awe was their last breath.'
—Great Battles of Kamigawa" - flavor text of Final Judgment

The Tenth Vote Count (aka the "Slivers?" Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
6) malthusis (0) -
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
10) animorpherv1 (rep. Mastin) (0) -
16) chenhsi (0) -
23) Boxman (0) -

Not Voting (6): veerus, malthusis, Pyromaniac, animorpherv1, chenhsi, Boxman

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
October 4, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
September 27, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)

Begin Day 4!
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #624 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Death is only the beginning of the end." - flavor text of Slaughter Pact

The Eleventh Vote Count (aka the "Slivers!" Vote Count)

2) veerus (1) - Boxman
6) malthusis (1) - Pyromaniac
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
16) chenhsi (0) -
23) Boxman (0) -

Not Voting (4): veerus, malthusis, animorpherv1, chenhsi

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #643 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Slivers are guided only by simple instinct. Advance the hive, and you will be welcomed. Impede the hive, and you will face unrelenting opposition.'
—Freyalise" - flavor text of Telekinetic Sliver

The Twelfth Vote Count (aka the "What MafiaSSK Should Have Told You About Earlier: The Sliver Mafia" Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
6) malthusis (4) - Pyromaniac, veerus, animorpherv1, Boxman
7) Pyromaniac (0) -
16) chenhsi (0) -
23) Boxman (0) -

Not Voting (2): malthusis, chenhsi

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:

Lynch count has been reached. Lynch scene forthcoming.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #644 (isolation #33) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 4

After a short time of discussion, you decide that malthusis cannot be allowed to live. He's been clicking and chattering the whole day, imitating voice through magical means. He seems... hive-minded, somehow.

He must be a Sliver.

And slivers are evil, aren't they?

6) malthusis, Telekinetic Sliver, Time Spiral Mafia Sliver Redirector, lynched Day 4

It is now Night 4. Actions due in 72 hours.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #656 (isolation #34) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Beginning of Day 5

Another day, another murder. Today it is Pyromaniac who stands slaughtered in the town square.

Er, lies slaughtered. Whatever.

After reviewing his belongings, you find that Pyromaniac was, in fact, town. However, his weak mind might have led to disaster had he ever been brought into contact with subversive movements...

7) Pyromaniac, Jasmine Boreal, Weak-Minded Townie, Destroyed Night 4

Day 5 begins momentarily.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #657 (isolation #35) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Peace must prevail, even if the wicked must die.'" - flavor text of Jasmine Boreal

The Thirteenth Vote Count (aka the "Lynch or Lose?" Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
16) chenhsi (0) -
23) Boxman (0) -

Not Voting (2): veerus, animorpherv1, chenhsi, Boxman

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:

Begin Day 5!
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #679 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Protip: If you want to end the subgame, you need to VOTE.

EDIT: ... Oh. You already did.

Never mind then. End of game scene forthcoming. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #680 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"The first sliver burst against the cave wall, and others piled in behind to deepen the new tunnel." - flavor text of Acidic Sliver

The Fourteenth and Final Vote Count (aka the "Game Over, Man! Game Over!" Vote Count)

2) veerus (0) -
16) chenhsi (3) - animorpherv1, veerus, Boxman
23) Boxman (0) -

Not Voting (1): chenhsi

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:

Lynch Count has been reached. The Town faction has fulfilled its win condition. End of Game Scene forthcoming.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #681 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

The End of the Time Spiral Subgame

One final day of fear. One final choice of life or death. Either you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

You bring the otherplanar chenhsi into the circle of doom.

There's nothing inherently wrong about being from another plane. Sure, you have to adapt to a new way of life. Sure, maybe your native plane was designed to overlay onto Dominaria and bring about a Phyrexian invasion. But that's not your fault. It's not inherently wrong.

Being a member of a hive-minded collective devoted to wiping you out to the last, however? Yeah, that would be inherently wrong.

And as the hissing, chittering form of chenhsi dissolves before you, you are relieved to see that he was, in fact, the latter.

With chenhsi down, the three of you eye each other warily. If one of you is an enemy, it would be trivial to stab the second and overpower the third...

But none of you do.

Ertai (the uncorrupted legend of the past), Jhoira (survivor of so many disasters), and the Mistform Ultimus (bane of Magic trivia questions everywhere); all are town.

And that means... this nightmare is over, isn't it?

16) chenhsi,
Metallic Sliver
Acidic Sliver, Tempest Mafia B Sliver Shredder, Lynched Day 5

2) veerus, Jhoira of the Ghitu, Townie Communicator, Survived
10) animorpherv1 (rep. Mastin), Mistform Ultimus, Townie Shapeshifter (post restricted), Survived
23) Boxman, Ertai, Wizard Adept, Townie FBI Agent, Survived

The
Town
(consisting of
11) Vino
27) Looker
7) Pyromaniac
2) veerus
10) animorpherv1
, and
23) Boxman
) and the
Star-Crossed Lovers
(
3) Benmage
and
30) Debonair Danny DePietro
) have won the Time Spiral Subgame of Magic the Gathering: Parallel Universe Mafia! (But not
31) Mufasa
, who was retroactively modkilled postgame for a violation of Rule 1.)

Note: There was an error in the role PM sent to chenhsi; it said he was Metallic Sliver when he was, in fact, Acidic Sliver. The death post here reflects this error.

Role PMs et. al. will be posted when the last subgame (Weatherlight Saga) finishes.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #682 (isolation #39) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Since all three MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia subgames are now over:

Subgame 1 Setup:

PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Telekinetic Sliver

Legendary Creature - Time Spiral Mafia Sliver Redirector, Mythic Rare, 2UU

All Sliver players have “{T}: The next time target player puts an ability on the stack this turn, if that ability could target another target player but doesn’t, that player changes one of its targets to that player.”
(Both targets are declared when you play this ability. Yes, this is a redirect.)

"Slivers are guided only by simple instinct. Advance the hive, and you will be welcomed. Impede the hive, and you will face unrelenting opposition."
—Freyalise

2/2
Current Abilities

{T}: The next time target player puts an ability on the stack this turn, if that ability could target another target player but doesn’t, that player changes one of its targets to that player.
(Both targets are declared when you play this ability. Yes, this is a redirect.)

{T}: Target a player in this game and a player in another game you can see from your seat. Those players exchange games at end of turn.
(Only other MTG: Parallel Universe subgames are visible from your seat.)
Time Spiral Mafia

Enchantment - Win Condition, R, Rare
Win Condition
— When all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same, you win the game and every player who is a member of another faction loses the game. This doesn't affect players in other subgames
Time Spiral Mafia

Artifact - Factional Abilities, 0, Rare
Time Spiral Mafia is red and blue.
Each Time Spiral Mafia player has “As long as it is night, you may talk with all other Time Spiral Mafia players outside the thread.”
(The Time Spiral Mafia consists of XXXX and XXXX. You may talk with Time Spiral Mafia members in different subgames.)

{T}, Tap an untapped Time Spiral Mafia player: Target Time Spiral Mafia player destroys another target player.
(You may only target players in any subgame which contains a Time Spiral Mafia player.)
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Mesmeric Sliver

Legendary Creature - Time Spiral Mafia Sliver Swapper, Mythic Rare, 3U

All Sliver players have “{T}: Target a player in this game and a player in another game you can see from your seat. Those players exchange games at end of turn.”

Slivers are evil and Slivers are sly, and if you get eaten then no-one will cry.

2/2
Current Abilities

{T}: The next time target player puts an ability on the stack this turn, if that ability could target another target player but doesn’t, that player changes one of its targets to that player.

{T}: Target a player in this game and a player in another game you can see from your seat. Those players exchange games at end of turn.
Time Spiral Mafia

Enchantment - Win Condition, R, Rare
Win Condition
— When all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same, you win the game and every player who is a member of another faction loses the game. This doesn't affect players in other subgames
Time Spiral Mafia

Time Spiral Mafia is red and blue.
Each Time Spiral Mafia player has “As long as it is night, you may talk with all other Time Spiral Mafia players outside the thread.”
(The Time Spiral Mafia consists of XXXX and XXXX. You may talk with Time Spiral Mafia members in different subgames.)

{T}, Tap an untapped Time Spiral Mafia player: Target Time Spiral Mafia player destroys another target player.
(You may only target players in any subgame which contains a Time Spiral Mafia player.)
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Nicol Bolas

Legendary Creature - Nicol Bolas, Mythic Rare, 2UUBBRR

{T}: Destroy target player in any game visible from your seat. When that player is put into a graveyard from play this turn, put a grave counter on Nicol Bolas.

If Nicol Bolas would be destroyed, you may instead remove a grave counter from Nicol Bolas. If you do, regenerate Nicol Bolas.

"Do the innocent pay for the crimes of the guilty? Of course they do. That's the fate of the weak."
—Nicol Bolas

7/7
Nicol Bolas

Enchantment - Win Condition, UBR, Rare
Win Condition
— When all other factions in all three MTG: Parallel Universe games have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same, you win all three MTG: Parallel Universe subgames and every other player in all three MTG: Parallel Universe subgames who is a member of another faction loses the game.
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Venser, Shaper Savant

Legendary Creature - Neutral Planeswalker Survivor, Mythic Rare, 2UU

When Venser, Shaper Savant comes into play, put a Planeship artifact token with “{T}: Exchange games with target player in another game you can see from your seat. If you do, that player gains control of Planeship” into play under the control of target player in another game visible from your seat.
(Only other MTG: Parallel Universe subgames are visible from your seat. Venser, Shaper Savant comes into play at the beginning of the game. Exchanging games does not cause a player to come into play.)

His marvels of artifice pale in comparison to the developing machinery of his mind.

2/2
Planeship

Artifact-Planeship, token

{T}: Exchange games with target player in another game you can see from your seat. If you do, that player gains control of Planeship.
(Only other MTG: Parallel Universe aubgames are visible from your seat.)
Survivor

You are not a member of a faction.
(You do not count towards any factional win condition and do not lose the game when a faction fulfills its win condition.)

Win Condition
— If you are alive when a faction in the subgame you are in fulfills its win condition, you win the game. This does not cause other players to lose the game.
Planeswalker

Enchantment - Alternate Win Condition, {2/U}, R
Alternate Win Condition
— When you have been in all three MTG: Parallel Universe subgames, you win the game and remove yourself from the game. This does not cause other players to lose the game.
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Baru, Fist of Krosa

Legendary Creature - Star-Crossed Lover, Mythic Rare, 3GG

"My mind has changed. My strength has not."
—Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

4/4
Star-Crossed Lover

Enchantment - Win Condition, 1, Rare
(Star-Crossed Lover is colorless.)

You are not a member of a faction.
(You do not count towards any factional win condition and do not lose the game when a faction fulfills its win condition.)

Win Condition
— When you are in the same universe as your lover, you win the game and remove yourself from the game. This does not cause other players to lose the game.
Star-Crossed Lover

(Star-Crossed Lover is colorless)

Each Star-Crossed Lover player has “You may talk with all other Star-Crossed Lovers in all MTG: Parallel Universe subgames at any time.”
(The Star-Crossed Lovers are XXXX and XXXX.)
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

Legendary Creature - Townie Cop, Mythic Rare, 2UUU

{T}: Investigate target player.
(Whenever you investigate a player, you learn that player’s alignment.)

When Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir is put into a graveyard from play, you may target a player in another game visible from your seat. That player will learn the results of every investigation made by Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir.

To save this world, he must forsake all others.

3/4
Townie

Win Condition
— When all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same, you win the game and every player who is a member of another faction loses the game. This doesn't affect players in other subgames.
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Legendary Creature - Townie Ass-Whupper, Mythic Rare, 1RR

Jaya Ballard, Task Mage comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it.
(Jaya Ballard, Task Mage comes into play at the beginning of the game. Exchanging games does not cause Jaya Ballard to come into play.)

Remove a +1/+1 counter from Jaya Ballard, Task Mage: Destroy target player in any game you can see from your seat. You may play this ability any time you could play an instant.

"Yes, I think toast is an appropriate description."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

2/2
Townie

Win Condition
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Saffi Eriksdotter

Legendary Creature - Townie Slider Doctor, Mythic Rare, GW

{T}: Regenerate target player other than Saffi Eriksdotter in the same game and target player in another game you can see from your seat. Those players exchange games at end of turn if either player regenerates this way this turn.

Ach, Hans, run! It's the Tarmogoyf!
—Saffi Eriksdotter, last words

2/2
Townie

Win Condition
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Radha, Heir to Keld

Legendary Creature - Sparked Townie, Mythic Rare, RG

Radha, Heir to Keld comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it.
(Radha, Heir to Keld comes into play at the beginning of the game. Exchanging games does not cause Radha to come into play.)

If Radha, Heir to Keld would be put into a graveyard from play, you may instead remove a +1/+1 counter from Radha, Heir to Keld. If you do, exchange games with target player in another game you can see from your seat. (Only other MTG: Parallel Universe subgames are visible from your seat.)

"Run home, cur. I've already taken your master's head. Don't make me thrash you with it."
—Radha, Heir to Keld

2/2
Townie

Win Condition
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Jhoira of the Ghitu

Legendary Creature - Townie Communicator, Mythic Rare, 1UR

Jhoira of the Ghitu comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it.
(Jhoira of the Ghitu comes into play at the beginning of the game. Exchanging games does not cause Jhoira to come into play.)

Remove a +1/+1 counter from Jhoira of the Ghitu: Target player in another game visible from your seat gains the ability to talk with you outside the thread at any time.

"I wonder how it feels to be bored."
—Jhoira, artificer

2/2
Townie

Win Condition
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Mistform Ultimus

Legendary Creature - Townie Shapeshifter, Mythic Rare, 3U

Changeling
(This card is every creature type at all times.)

Mistform Ultimus comes into play with a -1/-1 counter on it.
(A player with 0 or less toughness dies as a state-based effect.)

It may wear your face, but its mind is its own.

3/3
Current Abilities

Townie

Win Condition
PLAYERNAME
. You are:
Jasmine Boreal

Legendary Creature - Weak-Minded Townie, Mythic Rare, 3GW

As long as Jasmine Boreal is in a MTG: Parallel Universe subgame other than the game it starts out in, Jasmine Boreal is Cult-aligned instead of any previous alignment.

"Peace must prevail, even if the wicked must die."
—Jasmine Boreal

4/5
Townie

Win Condition
Cult

Win Condition
You will learn the Cult's factional abilities when you become a member of the Cult.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #684 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Useful Links:

The Parallel Planning Grid - This is where the mod team built the setup. Certain major issues (including my preference for a SpyreX modkill in FL's subgame and my disapproval of MafiaSSK's modding late in his subgame) can be found there, along with the setup. (Note that most of the discussion for the most important decision - approving the Yos2 modkill in FL's subgame - was done over AIM, and I didn't record the chat logs.) Night actions should be in the Planning Grid as well.
The Green Zone - Where dead players could talk.

Preliminary Notes:

This setup wasn't really completed, and it showed. Several issues were never really worked out among the mod team prior to the game:
- Ruleset (the really nasty one - I didn't add the falseclaim abilty because I expected to work out a ruleset with Lord Gurgi and Natirasha before both flaked, and then forgot to add it at the end when we decided to just use my standard ruleset with additions; in addition, we never really discussed potential problems with templating discussion, and we probably should have required players to be up-to-date in all three subgames to prevent issues where a bunch of people in one subgame start doing something that was warned in another subgame - which is, of course, what happened)
- Templating (we SHOULD have caught the "Kamigawa Vanilla Townie" problem and the misnamed Slivers (Clot and Acidic Sliver in the SSK subgame), but we didn't)
- Several poorly thought-out roles (especially Nicol Bolas, added early on due to awesome factor and never revisited - the role really doesn't work well in my ruleset; also the Star-Crossed Lovers, the lack of swapping roles in SSK's game, and some I'm forgetting).

I know I'm forgetting some problems.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #691 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Late update: Mufasa has been retroactively modkilled (autolossing him) for a violation of Rule 1. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”