Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

/confirmatory
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Kairyuu »

vote: Kinetic

OMGUS
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Kairyuu »

I'm confused. This is a Tar game. You lynch neutrals immediately in Tar games as a general rule. Apparently we're not doing that though. Need more data before trying to guess why.

Also, we're talking between subgames? That's . . . annoying. I guess I'm gonna have to read those now.

Finally, in all likelyhood we won't be able do anything with Benmage until Night hits in one of the subgames, since we have to wait for actions to be usable.

@Benmage: I don't care what your win condition is. It is in your best interest to work with the town so that a switcher (who is probably town) has a reason to help you out. You work with us, we work with you. You act useless, we don't help you fulfill your win condition.

unvote
vote: Pyro

I have nothing to add. Easy mislynch, cult speculation, etc. etc.

@Pyro: Why would we have to No Lynch to get rid of Benmage? We can lynch scum (you) and then if it's the town's will, we can switch Benmage to fl's subgame tonight.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Kinetic wrote:As far as I'm concerned we can completely ignore Benmage or lynch him, those are the best "townie" options. There is 0 benefit to the town from helping him out and there is 0 penalty if we do nothing, save how he votes. Thus, if he wants to stay alive and maybe someone will fell nice, he needs to act in the best interests of the town, otherwise, its the noose for him.

Thus, if someone with a swapping power wants to be nice and let Benmage win, go ahead, but I don't feel we need to worry about it.
QFT
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Pyro is totally scum. Tar's SK's and Mafia are the typical non recruitable roles if Mind Screw 3 is any guide. I'm happy with my vote for now.

Sidenote: Expect me to be less than fully active in this game for a few more days. Another game I'm in is coming down to deadline in under 24 hours and requires my attention.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Mmk. Well, my number of games dropped from 4 to 2 rather swiftly, so after I go V/LA for today and tomorrow I should be back and posting with full regularity.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Cool. Figures Kinetic would be the SK. Given that he was the only death, it stands to reason that he was the scum kill, which is odd given that he managed to get himself a fair bit of suspicion before Night ended.

I'm thinking that exactly one of the DDD pull, the Zito pull, and the Budja push was caused by scum. The Zito pull does not make sense if done by scum unless Zito himself is scum. On the same note, both the Budja push and the DDD pull could have been perpetrated by the scum, given that both provided an easy way to remove a player from the game, shrinking the gap in the ratio of scum to town. Even though it doesn't function exactly like one, a removal of a player can hurt us just as badly as a kill, without the benefit of an alignment reveal. We need to be wary of this.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Oh. Also, I've had a rather hectic few days and I'm a bit behind. I'll ge to catching up soon, but going off to college in 3 more days will probably knock me back into catch-up mode again. Apologies in advance.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Perhaps the entire scumteam as a whole (I remember reading that they could all communicate with each other without being limited to their respective subgame) only gets a single kill each Night and must choose which subgame to use it in? I can see this being the case, but I'm not sure exactly how likely it would be given the lack of synchonization between games.

Alternately, we could be dealing with a kill-less Mafia loaded with game switchers. Tar does like to give the scum faction a nice selection (sometimes even powered up versions) of the town's abilities if Majora's Mask is anything to go on. Even in this scenerio I would expect them to have at least one factional kill to use between the subgames.

Also, on Kinetic, I don't think he got killed based on one of his own actions. Tar usually makes his SKs HARDER to kill than usual, not easier.

See Rule 23a. - Tar
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Pyromaniac wrote:By dead, I mean it needs a good bandwagon. Kairyuu is lurking.
Kairyuu is busy. Note my sig. Getting ready to leave for college is annoying.
Kairyuu, who is scum?
The ones who are trying to kill us. I dunno. I'm at a loss for reads right now. On an iso reread Pyro looks more like a townie getting backed into a corner than scum, but that's pretty much it. I could see a Chaos or Vino wagon, but only for lurking, which I too am guilty of, so I'm not going there.

Gut says you could very well be scum though. Your play thus far is somewhat reminiscent of the WoT large, and it's bothering me, because I can't tell if the change is because of alignment, or because you're becoming a better player.

@Papa Zito: Any clue as to why you might have been pulled into this game?

@Vino: Please summarize what you feel the case against you is, and then please summarize why it is wrong.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

vote: Vino

Good enough for me.

See sig. I moved in yesterday, and orientation runs from 8am-11pm for the next 3 days, and then Welcome Days does practically the same thing for the rest of the week. Then classes start. So yeah. Minimal access if any for a week or two. Just a heads up.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

vote: Vino
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

And I've been BUSY, and am now V/LA. What about that is so difficult for people to understand? It is ever so slightly difficult to be my usual active self when my college has me running around on stupid tours from 8 in the morning until 11 at night. I've been nothing but open about my schedule to you guys. It's even in my sig.

Also, my card flavor and my role do not match either, so I wouldn't be so quick to judge based on flavor. We are talking about a trading card game here as flavor. Not all roles can really fit well with cards, especially when limited to a single block. Keep that in mind.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Pyromaniac wrote:Yes. Yes it is. Or it is something equally scummy.
. . .

Player A pushes Player B to claim
Player B claims town power role
Player A removes vote

This is not scummy at all. A considerable number of people would rather not lynch claimed power roles, even if they were suspicious of said person before the claim.

Of course, I am not one of those people. Unless a claim is confirmable I treat it as a minor point. Doc is not confirmable, and the lynch is a solid one. No reason for me to move my vote.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Methinks Vino is deliberately trying to stall us out by disappearing like this and refusing to answer questions. I am happy with a Vino lynch.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Pyro: Hammer away. Vino has been given plenty of time.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”