Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3025 (isolation #200) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Pyromaniac wrote:Naomi could be scum and amished be town.
This is not possible, as Naomi is Trilby. There is a chance the vice-versa is true, but I think it's a very small chance.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3028 (isolation #201) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Setting aside the fact that I am 100% sure that I am Janine and Naomi is Trilby, I must point out that it's ridiculous to think there'd be no Trilby counterclaim, given that Naomi's roleclaim was so bad and that Amished can apparently protect, and it's ridiculous to think that there'd be a Chzo game without Trilby. Naomi is Trilby, and if we need to lynch her to avoid a Setael lynch then so be it, but it should really be clear that she is absolutely Trilby.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3036 (isolation #202) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:42 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:
@Everyone

Please state if you agree or not that the following rules show that there are only Innocents:
3. Innocents win if they destroy all Evil characters. The Evil characters win when they have a majority, and are deemed powerful enough to over-power any and all remaining factions.
The win cons are stated here. The mod has chosen to word it that Innocents win if they destroy all Evil characters. If there are town powerroles, then why would he have used Innocents and not Town or something like that?
13. There will be crazy shit, descriptions of unpleasant actions, and things you may well not understand at all in this game. It is not intended to be particularly fair, nice, or easy for the town/innocents. You may be required to actually think, instead of playing follow the *insert role/s here* Get used to it.
This rule says 'town/innocents'. To me, this seems that the town=innocents.

So if you disagree, say no. If you agree, say yes.
Only the claimed powerroles must state their reasons for their answers. After that, I want to hear it from the other players.
Obviously, my main reason for disagreeing is because I have a named town power role.

But I also think there's some inconsistency, whether intentional or unintentional, in the way that the rules and the roles have been set up, and I think it should be nearly impossible for everyone to believe that there are no named town power roles, as that would take away so much opportunity for flavor in this themed game.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3055 (isolation #203) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Oh well. She's Trilby, I tell ya, but this should allow us to be more productive and save having to get a replacement.

Unvote
Vote: Naomi
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3097 (isolation #204) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I'll investigate Setael tonight. My initial report will be encoded, no matter whether she's vanilla, a town power role, or scum.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3126 (isolation #205) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Setael is a fine upstanding member of our community. There is absolutely no reason to lynch her or disbelieve what she's said about the matches.

Also,
9c82cb4916a46ab35a3f9fa5e17b0da0
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3163 (isolation #206) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I still believe dramonic is our best lynch. I hate it when people post scumlists that conveniently clear themselves, and his proposition to use the matches on the doll is beyond fishy.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3182 (isolation #207) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Light-kun wrote:random sequence means what?
I'd give you a hard time, except that you were kind enough to replace in. That is Setael's exact role, in MD5 hash.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3223 (isolation #208) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote: dramonic

Sironigous' discussion of the town PM (Zazie quoted it a while ago) seems legitimate to me. I don't like his bandwagon at all.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3238 (isolation #209) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Light-kun wrote:Ebwop: I could see Lamont_Cranston scum... is he confirmed of semi confirmed, I've forgotten...

Oh yeah, the bullet thing. Nah, it is possible he knew the bullet would backfire, or something to that effect. Hm...

Still, I'm not a hundred percent on this Dram lynch and I know I am against my lynch.
If you had your way, who would we lynch?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3240 (isolation #210) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I'm not even sure who dramonic is talking to, nor what he is talking about, here. I'm confident calling for his lynch.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3311 (isolation #211) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I hereby state, categorically and unequivocally, that I made no attempt to pick up the doll, and do not have it.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3350 (isolation #212) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:But anyway, my reasons for voting you: PoE.
I can see 6 players as scum if we take the claimed powerroles as confirmed together with their results:
-Pyro
-Zwet
-Sir
-L-K
-Dramonic
-Lamont

Tajo is the only one of those who hasn't been confirmed of whom I get a town read. Lamont used to be on my neutral list of the remaining 6. Not anymore.
The way the Sironigous wagon started just screams scum. Leaving that one out. A new bandwagon formed on you (Dramonic) and I saw that one as much better. The same now goes for the L-K wagon. I'm not comfortable with it at all.
Leaving four wagons. My two main favorites of them are you and Zwet. And I'd be happy to lynch either of you as you two will give more information than a Pyro lynch and Lamont looks a bit better than the remaining 3.
I sure hope you are town, as I agree with you on basically all of this.

I will re-read Rock/Light-Kun ASAP, in case a dramonic lynch proves to be impossible.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3423 (isolation #213) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:Are you paying attention?
You are directing the cop. Thanks for stating your opinions, but if everybody just says that I should be investigated, it will only result in a giant arrow appearing above my head, pointing at me so that the scum can see who will be investigated. When they know, they can take measurements against it. How is that helpful?
So to make this more of a problem for the scum, you add some WIFOM. If you disagree, state why.
There is no need to worry about my being "directed"...I investigated last time per town consensus for obvious reasons, but make no guarantees I would do the same thing this time around, and I don't yet even know who I will investigate.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3477 (isolation #214) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Give doll to Light-kun

/I don't have it
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3544 (isolation #215) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Light-kun, please summarize in a sentence or two why someone like Pyro should be lynched and not you. You can go on and on about your investigation plans, but why do you feel you are the right candidate to investigate? Also, do you have a roleclaim? Sorry if I've missed something...
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3546 (isolation #216) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Well, I'm on the record as wanting a dramonic list, and I also appreciate and mostly agree with Percy's list, but I hope Light-kun has some good answers to those questions. And: WHY do you refuse to roleclaim?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3547 (isolation #217) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

list = lynch
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3555 (isolation #218) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:06 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Unvote
Vote: Light-kun
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3579 (isolation #219) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

FYI: Amished has been back elsewhere.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3599 (isolation #220) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Stephoscope »

dramonic is a good guy. I take back everything I said about him.

b92011ca9a7158a67b5f2179383de3ac
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3600 (isolation #221) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Stephoscope wrote:Setael is a fine upstanding member of our community. There is absolutely no reason to lynch her or disbelieve what she's said about the matches.

Also,
9c82cb4916a46ab35a3f9fa5e17b0da0
For the record, this was

You put your right leg in, you put your right leg out, you put your right leg in, and Setael is an Innocent.

and can be verified at http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php or any md5 hash site.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3602 (isolation #222) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Pyromaniac wrote:Sajin died AGAIN. Ugh. I can't tell anjything from this NK. My guess is that lamont is right and it does become aligned with the mafia, not an SK. Due to only one NK
Sajin had the matches and was confirmed, and I guess Amished wasn't around to protect him. We need to try and figure out if the game is even winnable at this point.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3707 (isolation #223) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Things that bother me:

Lamont's claiming vanilla

Percy's statement "As the latest result, this means one of two things: Either Stephoscope received the doll and is now on a scumteam with dramonic, or dramonic is innocent" ignores the obvious fact that dramonic could have picked up the doll, and would therefore be an anti-town Innocent (assuming that's what the doll does)

The absurdity of four? people discussing the innocent role PM and every one supposedly "cleared" from it. The only one I considered clear was Devestation, who as previously mentioned pretty much told us what the damned thing was.

I have reading to do before I figure out whether zwet is a good lynch.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3708 (isolation #224) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I find the case against Zwet weak, and want to wait for his claim.

I would also like Pyro to tell us more about the reality shifts, and see if it jives with what Amished knows. I still believe Amished to be town, despite recent protection failures. It makes sense to test the validity of Pyro's claim now.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3711 (isolation #225) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Percy wrote:
Stephoscope 3707 wrote:Percy's statement "As the latest result, this means one of two things: Either Stephoscope received the doll and is now on a scumteam with dramonic, or dramonic is innocent" ignores the obvious fact that dramonic could have picked up the doll, and would therefore be an anti-town Innocent (assuming that's what the doll does)
If you think this is a valid possibility, and a valid line of investigation, how do you explain your first post of the day?
Stephoscope 3599 wrote:
dramonic is a good guy.
I take back everything I said about him.
WTF? All I can comment on is his role. I'm tempted to vote you right now.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3749 (isolation #226) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:
Stepho wrote:Lamont's claiming vanilla
Where?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3797 (isolation #227) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I'm sorta in disbelief that Pyro flipped town. He claimed a scumrole. I didn't even think he'd be worth a peek.

I investigated populartajo. He looks to me like good people.

fbbaddd52bd10ee1201f809156694377
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3807 (isolation #228) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:Btw Stepho, if you turn out to be scum here I mean you deserve some kind of award, I mean something by your name for awhile I mean dang if you're scum you just totally won this for the scum faction. I mean you have done so well I won't vote you under any circumstances and I think anyone trying to weaken your role here is anti-town; I'll defend you to the death.
Well, I'm not scum, and I am completely disappointed in my performance. I really have been trying my best to locate the scum at night. Naomi was a no-brainer night one, Pablo was a hunch and at least his unfortunate modkill backed up my claim, I had been clear about my suspicions of dramonic, and then last night I passed up Pyromaniac (who I thought was obvscum and would be today's lynch for sure) and took a shot at populartajo, who I thought might be lurking scum.
Devestation wrote:I have half an idea I want to lynch Lamont now, and stepho with him, because he hasnt bothered to clear or convict either Zazier OR Lamont.
*shrug* I only get to pick one person per night, and I've been clear about why I made the choices I made. But through process of elimination, there are only a few candidates for scum left.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3844 (isolation #229) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I'd like to hear from Zazier ASAP.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3861 (isolation #230) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Percy wrote:Flavour analysis:

Night 1 death scene wrote:As night fell in the halls of the Manor, a dark force awoke, and cast off the skin of the poor unfortunate he had possessed prior to entering.
Standing fully 8 feet tall, the pale, faceless being raised his arms, and summoned a spear with a cruel, hooked blade
, before stalking down the corridor, towards the room of the one who called himself "The Replacement".

The creature knocked on the door softly. "W-w-who is it?" called The Replacement.
The next knock burst the door wide open, splinters flying. The spear flew through the gap, impaling The Replacement through the heart. As the world went dark, he saw the creature walk up to him, felt it tear him in half...and then peace.

On the other side of the manor, the oldest resident cast off the mantle of youth under which he had disguised himself during the day, and dragged his rotting bones to find the one he thought threatened his home.
Sajin stood no chance, as the wraith hacked him apart with a massive machete
, he head cleaved in two, his chest torn apart by the vicious steel.
So we had 2 NKs on the first night. One perpetrated by a thing with a spear, another by a wraith with a massive machete.
Night 2 death scene wrote:the second night had fallen upon the Manor, and
the creature that slew The Replacement once again took to the corridors, hunting a very specific prey
. As it arrived at Xtoxm's room, it found the door wide open, and a trail of bone-dust leading away into the east wing of the building.

Stalking down the corridor,
clawed spear in hand
, the creature followed the trail all the way to the room where Sajin's corpse had been found. Hearing a scuttling behind, it span to face the grinning wraith who had mutilated Sajin, parrying the machete it wielded with ease.

If the Body of John DeFoe had had any emotion but rage left in it, it might have screamed as the spear impaled it through
the tattered blacksmith's apron
that held it's decomposing body together. With no more effort than a father lifting a new-born baby, the pale servant of Chzo carried the second son of Roderick DeFoe to the fire in the meeting hall, and forced it in,
destroying the wraith's body

When the remnants of the Manor's population awoke, they found the burning bones under a message painted in blood:

"And I saw the Body of the Bridge cast into flame, and the way was
one third open
."
The thing that killed the Replacement, also a wraith, kills Xtomx with a spear. Xtomx was wearing an apron. The bridge becomes a third open.
Night 3 death scene wrote:As night fell, the corridors were oddly silent. Only one lone figure trod the ancient floorboards,
their mind no longer their own for this night
. Reaching into the fire, feeling no pain, they took up
the blackened apron and welding mask
, wiped the soot away to reveal the killing edge of the blade, and shambled to Elmo's room. The poor fellow... he was already sickly, he never stood a chance.
Apron and mask again - seems like a different kill from the group that killed Xtomx. However, now that XtomX has died, there is mention of their "mind no longer their own" - recruitment?
Night 4 death scene wrote:Sajin, Innocent, impaled with a claw spear and guts torn out by hand, Day 5

Apologies for the lateness and lack of flavour. Flavour will be added tomorrow...
Spear again, same as what killed Xtomx.
Night 5 death scene wrote:Stood in the door was
his target, and another of the housemates - now that he thought about it, they had been a little friendly
"Hello Lenkmann." said one. "It's been a while."
Pyromaniac swallowed as he realised why this particular one had seemed so familiar: all this time, under the false beard and prosthetics, it had been Canning. Canning, here, in the house. His eyes flicked to the other man.
"Hired muscle, Canning? Bit below Order standards, isn't it?"
Canning smiled, and his mute partner stepped forwards.
"Actually, my dear sir, we have granted you a very special honor."
The Prince shrugged off his skin, and stood fully revealed. His weapon appeared in his hand, and stabbed down once, twice, three times.
Pyromaniac lay, coughing up blood, for a good three hours before his life finally ebbed away.
Two people, one of whom seems to correlate strongly with the person who killed on nights 1, 2 and 4.

From this, I conclude that there is probably more than one scum faction. There is the DeFoe killer, who killed on nights 1 and 3, and this Order faction, who killed on nights 1, 2, 4 and 5. I would not find it outrageous at all to suspect that the DeFoe killer would show up innocent to investigations, given that there seems to be some possession going on.

I would say that, given the drink and the shotgun were almost certainly going to be in the hands of townies and cause them to die, a 17 player game which started with three scum, but would have another recruited later, sounds perfectly reasonable. I think that "POTENTIAL LYLO" may very well be a red herring.

Also this:
Pyromaniac wrote:N1- Protected zwet. (changed at the last minute. didn't like amished assuming that there would be another doc) N2 protected lamont. you will see me saying that lamont should be inspected. N3 Protected Siro. N4 protected Lamont. I hinted that he should be investigated again. My vote for the inspection goes to popultajo or lamont, as one of them is scum.
Pyro's N5 target was a bad guy, just check the flavour. Now who would Pyro have protected last night? Perhaps Lamont, as Pyro wanted him to be investigated, just like on N4? Tastes like WIFOM, but there's something there.

Someone who knows about this game needs to help me out here. I am nowhere near certain enough of the ZazieR case to be voting for it.

I think a massclaim may still be a good idea.

@Steph: Have you received a result other than "Innocent" since Trilby?
No comment at this time.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3862 (isolation #231) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Sorry to quote that whole thing just to respond to the last line.

However, I disagree with Lamont...I appreciate your going over the flavor, regardless of what your intentions are.

I am very strongly leaning toward a ZazieR lynch, but it's only fair to allow her time to speak.

I am not in favor of a massclaim.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3897 (isolation #232) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Devestation, surely you have an opinion on whether Percy's assertion that there's a section of the Innocent PM that Lamont (who has absolutely claimed vanilla) should know but doesn't?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3899 (isolation #233) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Or that he should be able to clear up inconsistencies...whatever it is that Percy's saying.

This would be a hell of a risky gamble for Percy if he's scum.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3900 (isolation #234) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

dramonic wrote:someone remind me where LC claimed vanillager, I think I missed that ^_^;
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3906 (isolation #235) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Unvote
Vote: Lamont_Cranston

seems like a lifetime ago we had the devil-smiley issue...looks like I was right all along :D
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3922 (isolation #236) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Now that it's clear that Lamont just can't answer the role PM issue, I'd like to hear exactly what the inconsistencies/omissions were that he couldn't address.

I am uncomfortable with the idea of a no-lynch if we have caught scum and there's weird stuff that happens as the game progresses. Amished, what do you think about that? As always, I'm not fishing by any means--share whatever you think is appropriate--I just don't have the feeling that time is on our side.

We also can't forget that, because of what that doll might do, no one is truly clear right now.

As such, I think a no-lynch is anti-town if Lamont is definitely scum. So what all couldn't he address?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3930 (isolation #237) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Percy wrote:I will post exactly what L_C has failed to post, if that's what the town wants.
I would really like you to do this, unless anyone can think of anything we have to gain by keeping the specifics under wraps. Lamont's behavior is exactly what I would suspect from a caught scum, and I can think of no pro-town explanation for it.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3953 (isolation #238) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Devestation wrote:Stepho, I want your result on the table right now, and it better have been on one of the bottom three names...
Here's your result for now: c62a7dc2ea448ee6b41c9e5634cfe8e9

You're going to have to be patient...because I don't know how much protection we have left to rely upon (Amished, please feel free to share whatever you feel comfortable sharing), and I want to try and figure everything out *right now* so that we guarantee victory.

Let's talk about what we know for now, and let scum wonder whether or not I've caught him or her.

And, Devestation, I would really like an explanation of 3936.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3965 (isolation #239) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Devestation wrote:Not shifting.
Devestation wrote:not shifting means not shifting my vote after careful analysis of whats been said since I last looked here.
Amished, please go back and look at these Devestation statements in context. Do you believe his explanation for what he posted?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3975 (isolation #240) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR at one time was one of our most prolific posters, and yet she hasn't posted since last month. We need to figure out whether she was muted by the doll.

Devestation, this is your final chance: is there anything more about your "Not shifting" comment that you'd like to share?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3986 (isolation #241) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:15 am

Post by Stephoscope »

populartajo wrote:Stheph, why exactly arent you claiming your result?
Because I already had one scum, and rather than blurt out my delight, I wanted to try and nail down another one.

I believe Devestation is scum...I realize he was cleared by Naomi, but it could be that his role makes him flip innocent, or someone else protected him from investigation. I believe he has something to do with the "reality shifts" that both Amished and Pyromaniac mentioned (I really wish we could have gotten more comparison/clarification from the two of them before Pyro's death...I had tried to make that happen). There is no other explanation for his "Not shifting" comment right before nightfall--I think he was giving someone else a heads-up. It's also interesting that Pyro flipped town despite having the Lenkmann role...which clearly becomes a bad guy in the Chzo story. So I think alignments maybe can vary depending on these "shifts", and so it's also possible that Devestation is a good guy turned bad.

Since Amished probably knows the most about the shifting stuff, I am interested to hear what he thinks before making up my mind once and for all about whether Devestation is scum. And should he agree that Devestation is scum, I want to know what he thinks about who should be lynched between Devestation and Percy, who is the Prince. :)

My hashed message at the beginning of today was:

Percy is The Prince, and is Evil aligned. You're very, very welcome!

Percy has almost definitely been controlling the night kill...but I am going to wait to hear from Amished before casting my lynch vote, as Devestation (if my theory is correct) probably takes over the kill if Percy is lynched, and I'm quite concerned about potential effects of this shifting stuff at endgame.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3993 (isolation #242) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Heh--you must have thought you hit the jackpot there, and that I somehow screwed up.

I put two spaces between sentences when I type. There must be a filter on this forum that eliminates multiple spaces. Put another space between the two sentences I hashed, then let everyone know how that turns out for you. ;)

I explained my logic regarding the Naomi vote back then, and nothing has changed.

And why would I translate populartajo's hash for you? He's pro-town, and that's all someone like yourself needs to know. I'm doing exactly what I've said I would...why do you think I've bothered to encode my results?

For anyone unconvinced, please note Percy's (and Devestation's) making a huge deal out of the Innocent PM he clearly has access to somehow, as well as the very minor omission that I guess Lamont (flipped Innocent) didn't pick up on, and note the obsession with knowing my results, even though I've been consistently clear and pro-town about when/why I will and will not share them.

Unvote
Vote: Percy
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3997 (isolation #243) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Devestation wrote:
Because I already had one scum, and rather than blurt out my delight, I wanted to try and nail down another one.
Who is the other scum that you have investigated?
Say what? I investigated Percy, who is the Prince, but I wanted to talk over my suspicions about you before revealing my information or casting my vote. How was this not clear?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3998 (isolation #244) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Percy wrote:Devestation was cleared by a confirmed innocent, yet Steph has spent a lot of time digging dirt on him. He's cleared populartajo. That leaves me and ZazieR, so why is Steph concentrating on Dev?
I've TOLD everyone why I suspect Devestation. You are really grasping at straws. There was no need for me to "concentrate" on you when I have known since daybreak exactly who you are.
Percy wrote:So please, everyone who isn't Amished or Steph, ask yourself this. What is more likely - that there would be two cops, one unNKable, two docs, one multi-targetting and self-protecting, and the scum were given the townie PM, or that Steph is lying scum, I'm innocent, and the remaining claimed PRs are actually the scumteam.
Unfortunately for you, I've already pretty much proven my ability and my town-ness. Good job lasting as long as you did.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4046 (isolation #245) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Stephoscope »

What a great game and a fun role. I figured that, if I got myself into trouble early and then fakeclaimed (the Janine character seemed to fit an "investigator" more than any other character, based on all of the information I found), I could play the rest of the game as a perfect pro-town cop as long as I stayed away from Tajo. We thought for sure there were more scums in the game besides Xtoxm, and I really was trying to find them :)

Mod, how come Lenkmann was town-aligned in this game when he turned out to be evil in the series?

My attack on Devestation toward endgame was not all contrived...I actually investigated Amished towards the end there, not Percy (Percy had been checked when I said I did Tajo)...and once I knew Amished was pro-town (and not neutral...I knew he wasn't scum and had probably been truthful), I thought Devestation might have something to do with the reality shifts, given that Tajo and I didn't know what would trigger them.

ZazieR, did you just disappear, or were you restricted from posting?

Anyways, the end of this game was tough for me in real life, as I really had to work to find Internet access to check in...I am off of mafiascum until I'm in a new house with home Internet once again. See you all around.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”