Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Upon first read, I am getting the vibe of a bunch of townies all accusing one another. I think the way this game started, gameplay getting off to a quick start with lots of pages while some players hadn't even posted yet, is probably being taken advantage of by the scum. I'm not used to games with this many players though, so I don't have a good feel for how they typically start.

I think Lamont is town. I think he is playing aggressively, and alerted the mod when he saw what he thought was a violation, but that doesn't mean he's scum. And his OMGUS's don't concern me. I OMGUS all the time as town, because I always think I'm acting so townie that anyone who would want me dead must be scum.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:What/Which posts are given you these vibes?
Also, the last sentence of the first paragraph seems like a newbie defence for large games. Not liking that. Especially as you've played a large theme game before in which you didn't feel the need to point this out. So why's that?
And last, why did you only give a detailed version of your opinion for Lamont, and not for other players who already had posted?
I carefully reviewed the posts of the players who were most frequently accused of being scum (Lamont, Mastin, and magnus) and didn't find anything that caused alarm. I already explained Lamont. I wasn't exactly a fan of Mastin's style, but it seemed like he had pro-town motives and I'm not surprised he flipped town (although I need to read again, as I'm not exactly sure why he was apparently modkilled at the time I'm typing this). And I can't blame magnus for getting into it with Mastin, given the latter's playstyle, and didn't really see any cause for suspicion there.

I am absolutely not the type to go through a game and post thoughts on every single player--I have never done that, and you can go back through all my games and check if you feel like it. (I think informing all other players what you think about them can help the scum modify their behavior to stick around, but when bandwagons pop up, it's often time to speak up.) I only commented on the bandwagons that were going on, although perhaps it would have been more clear if I mentioned the specific players by name.

And, as for the one large theme game I was in before, that was my first game here, so I didn't have much to compare it to, and I don't remember it moving nearly this fast. This game is tough to keep up with on a busy weekend. I was killed off early in that large theme game, and hadn't played any since then until now, so hopefully it's clear why I made that comment.

Anyways, I need to do more reading, and will have more to share later--just wanted to respond as quickly as possible to the post that was addressed to me.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Stephoscope »

mykonian wrote:
Kise wrote:
mykonian wrote:So, if I want to claim scum, mod can't force me not to do that: as it would break the game. You are absolutely out of your mind if you think a claim would make a modkill necessary.
Rules are there for a reason. The rules in this game state that you are not permitted to make any kind of RC, NC, or hints that would blatantly confirm your position. But I guess it's not too blatant if only Kai(?) and myself picked up on it. Either way, I'm not changing the reason why I believed Mastin to be pro-town, because it's the only reason.

Just because you claimed cop in another game and got away with it does not mean that the same prohibitions applied in that game. It's common to be allowed to RC in most games, but HERE, in Death Note Mafia, the rules say not to do anything that will break the game.

Yes, I do find it reasonable that any form of a claim in THIS game SHOULD warrant some kind of punishment.
I think I know what rule you are talking about, but wasn't that about communication inside the thread that couldn't be understood by people who wouldn't know how to read it?
That's the impression I got. In between the time Kise posted and the time you did, I re-read the rules three times to try and figure out what he was talking about. The rules as I interpret them are a lot different than "no roleclaiming".
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Stephoscope »

But I admit I don't think I understand what a "hypoclaim" is.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:30 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:But I admit I don't think I understand what a "hypoclaim" is.
Everybody says "If I am a cop, I investigated X and Y on Nights 1 and 2 and will investigate Z on Night 3. Here are my results." Then when a cop dies, we have their results. This works with other roles too, not just cop. I've seen it used for a hider. Maybe in a future game, you'll see it executed successfully. :wink:
Got it, thanks.

I also hope the mod will be very clear about the rules...and are we certain that Mastin's name appeared in green on the votecounts because he was on probation or something? Or was the green only added after he flipped town?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:My point was that you thought Mastin, Magnus and Lamont were all town. Yet, you only explained why you thought this about Lamont, not about the other two. So why didn't you felt the need to point out why you thought Mastin and Magnus were town?

And actually, I didn't know you had played Prisoner's Dilemma II. I was talking about Nasubi large theme. Now that I know you've played 2 large theme games before this one, I really don't like the 'newbie defence'.
I didn't "feel the need" to do anything in particular, I just caught up with the game and posted my thoughts. I got the strongest townvibes from Lamont, therefore I felt obliged to explain my thoughts on him in particular.

I don't have any specific posts to mention. If I found a scumtell somewhere, I would of course point it out. But what I'm saying is that I looked at the entire bodies of work to date, and found nothing of concern.

Nasubi was nothing like this. There were probably only half as many players. If you review my play here to date and compare this game to my others, it should be obvious why I said what I did.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Stephoscope »

What is your reason for coming out with this roleclaim?
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Thank you magnus_orion and populartajo for posting the quiestions I immediately thought of, but hadn't yet asked because I felt like I HAD to be missing something
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Kmd and ZEEnon: If zwet is lying, what do you think his alignment is?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kise wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:Kmd and ZEEnon: If zwet is lying, what do you think his alignment is?
May I ask what do you think his alignment is? Myself, I would believe that he's either scum trying to find a way to appear pro-town, or he's a Shinigami that is baiting everyone into lynching him so his Death Note can be made useful IF Kira were to obtain it from him.
I think he's telling the truth, but I still don't understand why he claimed.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Stephoscope »

What is "IIOA"? I can't find any explanation of it in the wiki or with a Google search.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Stephoscope »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
vote: Gorrad
Who are you?

And, does anyone know what the Activity Constant listed on page one is?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Oh OK, he replaced Budja, just page one hasn't been updated yet.

Votecount
mykonian - 5 (LlamaFluff,
cateraction
, Spolium, ortolan, Kise)
zwetschenwasser - 3 (populartajo, Albert B. Rampage, Benmage)
ZEEnon - 2 (WeyounsLastClone, PhilyEc)
Gorrad - 2 (Kmd4390, MrBuddyLee)
magnus_orion - 1 (
ZazieR
)
Kairyuu - 1 (Lamont_Cranston)
Lamont_Cranston - 1 (magnus_orion)
Not voting: zwetschenwasser, Kairyuu, Jebus, Gorrad,
semioldguy
, Seraphim, Stephoscope, ZEEnon, Starbuck, mykonian

Goodbye, Raye Penber.

With 25 alive, it's 13 to lynch.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:That, and I think that everyone currently not voting should place the vote at their main suspect (preferably ZEEnon, but Lamont or ABR would be fine too).
I'm placing my vote for ZEEnon, because I have townreads on WeyounsLastClone and PhilyEc, and like their cases.

Vote: ZEEnon

And no, PhilyEc, I wasn't implying a townread on ZEE in 662. Just scumhunting.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Kmd4390 wrote:On a serious note, Lamont, ABR, and Zwet are all town.
I think you're town and I think Lamont and Zwet are town, but how do you figure ABR?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I would just like to mention that I find the people in ZEEnon's wagon to seem more trustworthy than the people in mykonian's wagon.

I'm not at all sticking up for mykonian, as I kind of see the case against him too. I'm just saying...take a look and see if you agree.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I would just like to mention that I find the people in ZEEnon's wagon to seem more trustworthy than the people in mykonian's wagon.

I'm not at all sticking up for mykonian, as I kind of see the case against him too. I'm just saying...take a look and see if you agree.
Can you explain in detail why you see Myko and ZEE as scummy?
Well, with mykonian, let me be clear: I am not at all convinced he's scum. But comments from others about how he seemed like he was coasting through the game, and providing information not analysis, were not without merit.

But as for ZEEnon, he had that "What. The Hell." post, he hasn't followed through on at least two promises to post, and he's seemed overly defensive in his responses to you. And, as I said before, I have townreads on several others on the ZEEnon wagon.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote: mykonian
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Lamont, Wey, Stepho, and Starbuck:

What made you switch from ZEEnon to Myko?
I said way back in one of my walls o text that I find them both suspicious and I don't care which one is lynched. The votes are going for Myko so I switched over.
Yep. Saw that when I read you in isolation. Stepho is the one I'm concerned with.
The wagon has been on mykonian, and I am suspicious enough of him (I mentioned reasons why before) that I think he is a worthy lynch. I would rather lynch him than risk a player I think is town being lynched. However, I will absolutely shift my vote to ZEEnon if his lynch looks like a possibility.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I would just like to mention that I find the people in ZEEnon's wagon to seem more trustworthy than the people in mykonian's wagon.

Can you explain in detail why you see Myko and ZEE as scummy?
Well, with mykonian, let me be clear: I am not at all convinced he's scum. But comments from others about how he seemed like he was coasting through the game, and providing information not analysis, were not without merit.

But as for ZEEnon, he had that "What. The Hell." post, he hasn't followed through on at least two promises to post, and he's seemed overly defensive in his responses to you. And, as I said before, I have townreads on several others on the ZEEnon wagon.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
ZazieR wrote:But she never addressed the Myko case and I don't think she has ever explained why she's suspicious of Myko.
Don't you think it's at least more than what Stepho said?
Steph has addressed the case. See my quote in post 1755.
My problem with him is that he's voting somebody for something he's doing.
I'm a bit overwhelmed by a game with so many players and that moves so fast.

If I know I'm innocent, it's not hypocritical to suspect others who show signs of potentially being guilty. A professional player who bulks up naturally has valid reasons to suspect other large professional baseball players of using steroids.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kise wrote:Actually, not just coasting, but also IIOA & other [minor] posts have been made by you, Steph.

And about the steroid comparison: What if the other players also think you're using the juice?
I'd advise them to lynch ZEEnon, who I still think is most likely to be scum, then thank me for my help (assuming he's scum) and wonder if I really would have bussed him (somewhat WIFOM, but whatever)
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
ZazieR wrote:But she never addressed the Myko case and I don't think she has ever explained why she's suspicious of Myko.
Don't you think it's at least more than what Stepho said?
Steph has addressed the case. See my quote in post 1755.
My problem with him is that he's voting somebody for something he's doing.
I'm a bit overwhelmed by a game with so many players and that moves so fast.

If
I know I'm innocent, it's not hypocritical to suspect others who show signs of potentially being guilty. A professional player who bulks up naturally has valid reasons to suspect other large professional baseball players of using steroids.
However, the same applies for professional players using steroids as they can also accuse professional players of using steroids.
I agree. I am not using my example to prove I'm innocent, only saying that I'm not hypocritical.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1865 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:So please explain why you pointed out what you said in the first quote.
I pointed it because it was the truth. The only other game I've been in with this many players was the one I was talking about, and you are welcome to go back and see how completely overwhelmed I was in it. I have been in other games that may technically be considered "large" here, but there were less players than in this one and they were far easier for me to keep up with.

I think you are trying a little too hard here. Your picking apart my steroids example just completely misses the point of it.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

ZazieR wrote:But weren''t we talking about Myko :?
And what if the player who you accused turns up town instead of scum? Or Shinigami?
Yes, we were talking about mykonian...and I have been clear that I switched from ZEEnon because he had no momentum anymore and mykonian is still a promising lynch.

It will suck if I accuse someone and he or she isn't scum. Exactly what are you looking for here?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Benmage wrote:Really still... that’s odd could you highlight exactly what about Zee makes him more scummy at this point in the game… I felt early suspicions were effectively answered.
Actually, I think I will really prefer a mykonian lynch now, as I don't think I buy his claim, but I'm waiting to hear more from him.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Stephoscope »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Sorry, I kinda forgot, but there isn't much to say at the moment because I think myk is a good choice and this game needs to move to day 2. I think he claimed vig so he wanted to out the person who really shot Mastin.
QFT
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2135 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote: Kmd4390
with the understanding that if he's scum, ZEEnon probably isn't.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2182 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:48 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kmd4390 jumped his vote to me somewhat oddly, so I figured I would do the same to him. Although there was certainly an element of OMGUS in that move, I also thought it could be useful to see how he and everyone reacted (given that I intentionally put absolutely no reason for it). Since I had originally been advocating a ZEEnon lynch, but then mykonian's was more or less successful, I owe a re-read to see if I still think ZEEnon is scummy. I'm not going anywhere this weekend and will have time to do so.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:48 am

Post by Stephoscope »

And I'm just not sure if I see Kmd4390 and ZEEnon as potential scumbuddies, but again, I'll reread.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2201 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Unvote

Vote: Kise

I will still be doing more re-reading as promised, but Kise sure seems busted.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2299 (isolation #31) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote: MrBuddyLee

I will respond to Llama's case once she's all done with it.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (isolation #32) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Llama...I know I haven't been the most active player so far, and I apologize for that. But how exactly would I be defending a Shinigami if I were scum like you claim?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2385 (isolation #33) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Why would scum know who the Shinigami are??
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2388 (isolation #34) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

magnus_orion wrote:Ah, stephoscope, do you mind explaining your suspicions on MBL for us?
I think Lamont is town, and I don't like MrBuddyLee's attacks on him, nor do i like his beligerence. MBL should go.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2402 (isolation #35) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:Why would scum know who the Shinigami are??
Why would you think shinigami have no contact with kiras?
I honestly hadn't really thought about it.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2453 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff wrote:Anyone else realize how Steph shrugged off my entire case on him by arguing some random point instead, and now that that is done, still isnt responding?
Your case didn't look to be done. And what "random point" do you claim I was arguing? I asked why scum would know who the Shinigami are, which is necessarily an assumption in your case.

Does anyone more familiar with the anime than I am have any thoughts on whether or not scum would know who the Shinigami are? We can't let Llama get away with it if she just blew her cover.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (isolation #37) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:Does anyone more familiar with the anime than I am have any thoughts on whether or not scum would know who the Shinigami are? We can't let Llama get away with it if she just blew her cover.
mykonian wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:Why would scum know who the Shinigami are??
they know now. But they knew me under my rolename.
So shin-kira have contact according to shin, when flavor suggests this is true as well, I dont think he is lying.

Also im not a she. Why do people always think im a she? Its a dude lion people.

I may not be entirely done with my case on you, but you can still respond to what is up now instead of trying to hide from it.
I'm not trying to hide from anything. I said I would respond when you're all done, and that is still what I intend to do. But it should already be clear where your existing case falls apart. If I had been scum, and knew mykonian's "role" only, I would not have known to "defend" him as you claim I did.

You have twisted what mykonian said (re: knowing role not player) and also what I said ("random point"?!). And it's very possible you gave away scum knowledge. IGMEOY.

As for why people think you're a she, it's probably the pink baby carriage.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2457 (isolation #38) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Stephoscope »

mykonian wrote:seriously, if you don't get Llama is town by now, something is wrong. There are not a lot people who look more town then he does.
Scum often try really hard to very town. At least, you know, that's what I heard.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2458 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Stephoscope »

EBWOP: look very town.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2470 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

magnus_orion wrote: Appealling to the majority with your scumtells as opposed to asking questions? Scummy. Your primary motivation is very clearly the justification of calling someone scummy, not to find out if someone is actually scum or not.
HOS: Stephoscope.

I'll Iso him now, size up my opinion of him.
Actually, you'll notice that I appealed to everyone else to give their opinions on whether it should have been assumed that the scum and the Shinigami would have been in contact. No one has answered me yet. If LlamaFluff is scum, I don't expect any of his scum buddies to step forward and call him scummy, so if no other players do at all, my suspicions will be lessened.

I cannot answer the question of who's scummier, MBL or Llama, until I have more information re: the above, but you'll notice my vote has stayed on MBL for now.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (isolation #41) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

magnus_orion wrote:Why would your suspicions be lessened if that happens? It sounds like they should be increased.
Why not use the information from the 99 page thread? Is it not enough?
No, if Llama's coming out of nowhere with the idea that scum and Shinigami have been in constant contact is scummy, I expect other townies to come forward and agree with that. If none do, then my suspicions will be lessened.

This is a very important thing to cover, and no, it can't be answered from the 99 page thread.

I will come back with answers to the other questions.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2478 (isolation #42) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

EBWOP: 100 page thread. :)
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (isolation #43) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

MrBuddyLee is scum. Kill!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2489 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff wrote:@Steph - one thing you need to realize is that im always town. I think ive been lynched twice in about 25 games.
I have no idea how you thought this statement would help your cause. If you were town in your 25 first games here, that would not change your chances of being scum now. And I'd say anyone who's been lynched only twice in 25 games must be excellent at playing as scum.
LlamaFluff wrote:You also are applying something along the lines of "too townie" here. I am scum since no one is calling me scum, it must means my partners are calling me town. See the logic fail there? Should I just call you scum some more since you wagon isnt growing, it means that your buddies are still trying to get someone else lynched instead.
That is an absurd misrepresentation of what I said. It's not even close. I saw a possible scumtell, and I appealed to others for their opinions. I'd be more confident in your scumminess if others agreed with me. That is NOTHING like what you just said.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:@Steph - one thing you need to realize is that im always town. I think ive been lynched twice in about 25 games.
I have no idea how you thought this statement would help your cause. If you were town in your 25 first games here, that would not change your chances of being scum now. And I'd say anyone who's been lynched only twice in 25 games must be excellent at playing as scum.
Im getting a little flustered that you are calling me scum and seem to be using things that really arent scum tells based on me looking town and not being ever called scum. I have had to defend against too townie before, and defend against "yeah he looks town, but always looks town so neutral read". Its really annoying to play with.
Perhaps you'd be less flustered if you managed to stop misinterpreting and/or misrepresenting what I've said. I am not doing what you claim I'm doing.
LlamaFluff wrote:You also are applying something along the lines of "too townie" here. I am scum since no one is calling me scum, it must means my partners are calling me town. See the logic fail there? Should I just call you scum some more since you wagon isnt growing, it means that your buddies are still trying to get someone else lynched instead.
That is an absurd misrepresentation of what I said. It's not even close. I saw a possible scumtell, and I appealed to others for their opinions. I'd be more confident in your scumminess if others agreed with me. That is NOTHING like what you just said.
Awesome, now its even scummier. You left it to OTHERS to decide if im scummy or not. It would be like after I made that post on you I never voted and asked if anyone agreed.
"Awesome", maybe you can help lynch a townie! Is that what you want? There is absolutely nothing wrong with listening to others. And there is no way I will quickly become the expert on Death Note flavor like some here are, and I will not avoid asking others for their opinions just for the sake of "not looking scummy".
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2498 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Unvote
Vote: LlamaFluff
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (isolation #47) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Vi wrote:Waiting on Stephoscope...
Hmm? I can't even tell what people have been talking about lately, since the quotes have been getting all messed up. I don't like how LlamaFluff has completely changed his tone once someone suggested he might be scum, I don't like how he has misrepresented what I've been saying, and I sure don't like his "oh I'm always town" statement.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2516 (isolation #48) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:52 am

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff wrote: just be wierd. You say if im scum you dont think that I will be bussed, but if no one says im scummy your suspicions will go down. This may be where I get confused a bit, but you are saying "he wont be bussed" meaning if I am scum I wont get wagoned, and then you are saying "he is town if people agree he looks town", which satisfies the condition for your first scenario.
Bussing would mean that your scumbuddies would speak up against you. Now that this has become such a huge deal, it's very possible another scum would speak up against you to "clear" themselves, so I don't think that statement even stands anymore.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2521 (isolation #49) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Vi wrote:@Stephoscope: You answered my question, kinda, so I'll ask a similar one. What do you think of the people who are jumping on your wagon? Are they opportunistic, or just misled?
Very possibly misled. I am well aware I haven't played a good game so far. I think Magnus and Karyuu are town; unsure about Kmd.

And I don't know how I could have answered your earlier question any better.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2550 (isolation #50) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Vi wrote:Which reminds me, Stepho needs to start using the avatar I gave him.
Done. I missed it the first time around, because all photosharing sites like photobucket are blocked at my workplace.

Of course, my avatar doesn't seem as clever anymore, since the point was that I had no avatar when the iPod fever hit a while back...but whatever :) Thanks!

Votecount
Lamont - 4 (MrBuddyLee, Starbuck, Gorrad, populartajo)
Stephoscope - 4 (Llamafluff, magnus_orion, Kairyuu, Kmd4390)
MrBuddyLee - 3 (Benmage, Lamont_Cranston, mykonian)
LlamaFluff - 2 (Zwetchenwasser, Stephoscope)
Starbuck - 1 (Vi)
Skruffs - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
Not voting: ortolan, Skruffs, Seraphim, ZEEnon, ThAdmiral

You'll probably get the Death Penalty

With 20 alive, it's 11 to lynch.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2613 (isolation #51) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Stephoscope »

MafiaSSK wrote:Do you honestly think I would gambit? I suck at gambiting and never do so. When I have tried to do so in previous games, I get lynched immeadiately.
You sure lasted a while in Lynch All Lurkers.

Vote: MafiaSSK
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2627 (isolation #52) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Stephoscope »

populartajo wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:Do you honestly think I would gambit? I suck at gambiting and never do so. When I have tried to do so in previous games, I get lynched immeadiately.
You sure lasted a while in Lynch All Lurkers.

How is this a reason to vote for SSK?

Specially you, since you were also in that game and you know that SSK was town and faked a PR?
I'm disagreeing with what he claimed. I thought what he was doing in that game was quite risky, and yet he certainly wasn't lynched immediately.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2636 (isolation #53) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Stephoscope »

populartajo wrote:Do you remember his alignment?
Of course, he was a pro-town mason like me. But I'm not sure I see any reason for his being duplicitous here unless he's scum.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2747 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Benmage wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote: Also I forgot to add zwet to my "would not be happy to lynch list" earlier.
This
And, anyone else notice how MBL has fallen off the map?
I believe both he and MafiaSSK to be scum. MBL's last post did nothing to make me disbelieve that.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2767 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff wrote:We also have about five days to deadline. If for some reason we are not lynching SSK, Steph needs to be the one to get lynched here. During this whole move away from discussing him/LC/MBL, he has just gone and lurked away. I have no clue about where he stands on all these things, which really is starting to concern me.
Where I stand on what things? I believe MafiaSSK is lying scum and should be lynched now. I also believe MrBuddyLee is scum. I'm not lurking; I've seen no reason to chime in when MafiaSSK looks like he's going to be lynched and his own posts haven't been doing him any favors.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2771 (isolation #56) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:We also have about five days to deadline. If for some reason we are not lynching SSK, Steph needs to be the one to get lynched here. During this whole move away from discussing him/LC/MBL, he has just gone and lurked away. I have no clue about where he stands on all these things, which really is starting to concern me.
Where I stand on what things? I believe MafiaSSK is lying scum and should be lynched now. I also believe MrBuddyLee is scum. I'm not lurking; I've seen no reason to chime in when MafiaSSK looks like he's going to be lynched and his own posts haven't been doing him any favors.
How have my own posts been amkign me look scummier?
I'm not familiar enough with Death Note to have an informed opinion, but there seems to be a lot of doubt that your roleclaim makes any sense. How knowledgeable are you about Death Note?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2772 (isolation #57) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

magnus_orion wrote:Stephoscope should be lynched because stephoscope is scum.
No, I am most definitely not.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2798 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff wrote:Steph needs to claim too. He is at L-3 I think.
I will not claim until L-1. If someone hammers me before I have the chance to claim, you can lynch them after I flip.

SSK is lying scum, and this recent swing in my direction is silly.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2802 (isolation #59) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I am L.

I have a Kira Task Force discussion behind the scenes. Each night, I can invite one player to the Kira Task Force, and I can also investigate any existing member of the Task Force and receive his or her complete role PM.

I will not provide any details as to who is or was in the Task Force with me, as doing so would be anti-town and is over and above a roleclaim.

While I have had to hold my tongue for obvious reasons, MafiaSSK's roleclaim does not seem to match at all the information I have regarding the game and players. While I can't say for sure what might happen after I die, I know with 100% certainty that I am not in a discussion with the specific players he mentions. I also know with 100% certainty that no such group already exists that's waiting for him if I die.

I think SSK was rolefishing in desperation with his claim, to uncover roles he figured would be in the game.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2809 (isolation #60) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff wrote:Regardless he basically just said that by his role he knows SSK is lying.
That was the second time you have introduced this false dilemma. On the off chance MafiaSSK's roleclaim is legitimate, it does not mean I am scum. I have roleclaimed honestly, and explained everything relevant that I know. I think it's very unlikely MafiaSSK is telling the truth, but I cannot say with 100% certainty that he is lying, nor did I imply that I could.

I expect that MafiaSSK will flip scum, so this will likely be a non-issue...but do understand that your play is consistent with opportunistic scum who knows both SSK and I are town, so if he DOES flip town, we'll revisit.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2811 (isolation #61) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Kmd4390 wrote:What information doesn't match up?
My Kira Task Force does not match up at all with the role combination he mentions, nor have I ever seen any indication that his claim is legitimate in the multiple role PMs I have viewed.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2812 (isolation #62) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

EBWOP: Before anyone points out that I have only had one night to investigate...I have only seen my own role PM and one other player's. Might as well be clear.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2815 (isolation #63) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I cannot invite and investigate at the same time. However, everything I said DOES add up. I left out some information which I would prefer not to discuss.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2822 (isolation #64) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Vi wrote:@Fluffy: If that's the case, then my vote is misplaced.

The problem here is that I also don't like the SSK wagon.

Unvote: Stephoscope
Vote: Starbuck
(L-10)

I'll switch over at deadline if I have to, but I don't want to.

(43)
I have absolutely no idea why you are apparently putting word counts at the end of your posts, but that one seems incorrect.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2834 (isolation #65) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:20 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Gorrad wrote:Steph, I want to make sure I understand your role.

1) Every night you choose one person to join a masonry.
2) At any time you choose, you may see the full role PM of any member of the masonry.

Is this correct?
Every night I CAN pick someone to join the discussion if I want to. Also at night, I can choose an existing member of the discussion to investigate, and yes, I will see his or her full role PM.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2835 (isolation #66) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:24 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ThAdmiral wrote:@ stephoscope: can you try to breadcrumb the person (obviously make this very discreet/cryptic so the scum can't figure it out) who is in your task force and then tell that person how you breadcrumbed them during this upcoming night so they can reveal themselves at a later day if they need to?
This would seem to be strictly prohibited by the rules.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2840 (isolation #67) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Gorrad wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Steph, I want to make sure I understand your role.

1) Every night you choose one person to join a masonry.
2) At any time you choose, you may see the full role PM of any member of the masonry.

Is this correct?
Every night I CAN pick someone to join the discussion if I want to. Also at night, I can choose an existing member of the discussion to investigate, and yes, I will see his or her full role PM.
Hold the phone, here. So how could you have seen someone else's role? If you invited someone N1, obviously they wouldn't join until night actions were resolved, and you said you can't investigate at night.
You're making assumptions.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2843 (isolation #68) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kairyuu wrote:@Stepho:
Stepho wrote:I have only seen my own role PM and one other player's. Might as well be clear.
Hmm. So, since this was a Day Start, you've only had one Night to do anything, and you therefore cannot have both recruited and investigated someone by this point in the game. Hence, YOU'RE LYING.
No, I'm not. Everything I have said is true. I have left out details that it would be anti-town to talk about.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2845 (isolation #69) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I refuse to share anything else about what I know, and I ask that no one else speculate in public about it. Surely there are others who understand ways that everything I said might make sense (and reasons that I might not want to go into more detail), even if Kairyuu cannot.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2847 (isolation #70) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I assure you I'm not the one being stupid here. Hopefully others will tell you to knock it off. AGAIN, I ask that no one speculate in public about certain things that Kairyuu's not getting.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2852 (isolation #71) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Starbuck wrote:Despite all the contradictions, L is very strong claim. I think those on Stepho's list need to re-think their vote.

I would think that if someone else was L they would have counterclaimed by now.
There are no contradictions whatsoever in anything I have said, only in what other people have said.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2868 (isolation #72) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I assure you I'm not the one being stupid here. Hopefully others will tell you to knock it off. AGAIN, I ask that no one speculate in public about certain things that Kairyuu's not getting.
So the investigate is day action? And you haven't bothered to tell us this why?
No comment.
magnus_orion wrote:Stephoscope obviously had someone already a member before game start.
Stephoscope, my question is this: Why did you investigate that person?
Did you have reason to doubt their alignment?
No comment.
populartajo wrote:There are inconsitencies in his claim (as pointed out by Gorrad and Kay). The most damning is, IMO, the night actions procedure (How can he have investigated someone who wasnt in the discussion group?). Stephtown must have had a good reason to avoid fully claiming. However, the real way to prove his claim is the core of it: there is someone that knows whether Steph is telling or is not telling the truth. If Steph claim is true, then the number of people that can confirm him should increase tonight.
There are no inconsistencies in what I claimed; only in the things that people are assuming. My roleclaim was full, but I will not discuss any details of what may or may not be going on behind the scenes, unless there is a valid pro-town reason for doing so (such as what I said about MafiaSSK's claim not seeming to match what I know).
MafiaSSK wrote:So once I'm lynched and proven town, then you guys will lynch Stephy right?
Let's assume you're town...why exactly do you want me lynched? My roleclaim is legitimate, so if you're town you should be trying to figure out how what you know and what I know match up (and if you're scum, you should be trying to make up a way).
Gorrad wrote:I think Seph's acting in a very anti-town way, but I must say that the contradiction is so flippin' obvious that the likelihood of the claim being fake is not very high.
It is not "anti-town" to intentionally keep quiet about things that it's better that the scum not know about. I am a powerful pro-town role, and I hate being lynched, so I'll sing like a canary if put at L-1 again and forced to do so...but I caution that the town might be worse off as a result if it comes to that, so don't do so just because you're curious.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2884 (isolation #73) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ThAdmiral wrote:tisn't.

So will you do it now?
Possibly.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2885 (isolation #74) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I've heard that north of the museum, there is a building in which two guys are shaking hands.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2889 (isolation #75) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:Ok so both Gorrd and MO think that somehow both SSK & Stepho can be town here regardless of how they both have claimed vision power roles and 100% contradict each other. Anyone else care to agree with their erroneous opinion?
Sure, I agree with them. I think it's very, very unlikely, but anything's possible.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2945 (isolation #76) » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Stephoscope »

SSK was lying and was the right lynch. I don't understand this shift to Benmage at all, and I doubt I'll be voting for him.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3013 (isolation #77) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:
Why do you conveniently want to believe his statement where he says "Oh ya, SSK MIGHT be town" vs. where when he first claimed and said he was lying for certain??
Because the quote I posted happened AFTER the quote you posted which means its
possible
either
A: We lack certain key information
or
B: Stephocope had figured out a possibility he hadn't before.
Well there is also C where he is retracting scum trying to make himself look better because he is the next lynch candidate... :roll:
I never, ever said SSK was lying for certain.

I'm pretty darned sure that he is, and if he flips town and I get lynched as a result, so be it...but please stop pretending there was some inconsistency in my posts. There was not.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3023 (isolation #78) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:27 am

Post by Stephoscope »

OK, thanks for the clarification. If SSK says I'm lying about that, he's scum, because through means I prefer not to discuss I am 100% certain that group does not currently exist.

Bad move on his part.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3025 (isolation #79) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Agreed, and it ain't me.

MafiaSSK -5 (Starbuck, Llamafluff, populartajo magnus_orion, Stephoscope)
Stephoscope -1 (MafiaSSK)
Not Voting: zwetschenwasser, Kairyuu, mykonian, Kmd4390, Vi, MrBuddyLee, Gorrad, millar13, Seraphim, Sir Tornado, ThAdmiral, LlamaFluff, WeyounsLastClone, Lamont_Cranston

With 19 alive, it's 10 to lynch.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3027 (isolation #80) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff wrote:Basically what I have been saying for the last 15 pages... but at least we are getting it now.
Oh, I always thought our claims were incompatible, but that wasn't 100% certain until MafiaSSK straight up said I am lying.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3029 (isolation #81) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Yep, and it's him. I still don't understand why he said I was lying, as the chance we could both be town was probably his best bet to stay alive. If he flips town, you can feel free to lynch me before I even have a chance to post.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3047 (isolation #82) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Stephoscope »

MrBuddyLee wrote:your first strong push is on a townie.
Says you.
MrBuddyLee wrote: Massive understatement, especially if you really ARE L. Since when does L go after "lurkers"?
I am more interested in catching scum than staying true to the flavor.
MrBuddyLee wrote:It's possible that SSK is lying, but if you're L, why would you expect to be aware of Near and Mello? SSK's flavor fits just about right as far as I'm concerned.
I'm not aware of too many things, but I know what I know if you know what I mean. The group that MafiaSSK describes does not currently exist, and if he says I'm lying about that, he's scum.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3069 (isolation #83) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

MafiaSSK wrote:...So guys. I wasn't lying.
On the (very) off chance you're town, you better speak up about how our roles might match up, because even if you die, you're still supposed to try and win.

Just pretend I'm town (which I absolutely am; I am who I said I am). What evidence do you have that you are telling the truth and I am lying?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3077 (isolation #84) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Hi all.

I'm incredulous that MafiaSSK was apparently telling the truth. I'm most incredulous that he claimed I was lying. I was not.

The group that MafiaSSK talked about does not exist, and you know how I know? I started this game with Watari in my Kira Task Force (which I wouldn't specify, and which Kairyuu, Mr. Call-Me-Stupid, couldn't fathom.) Watari is alive, and is somewhat of a power role, although I shouldn't mention specifics. Anyway, because Watari has always been part of my Task Force, I got to investigate him and see his complete role PM. It said absolutely nothing about the group of characters SSK mentioned. Other than Watari and the deceased players, I have no idea who's who in this game. I invited Zazier to our Task Force the other night, because we thought she was town and we needed to get her off of our back. In anticipation of those who say that's mighty convenient, put yourself in my shoes--who the hell would you have invited?

Watari started in my group. His or her identity has been breadcrumbed, and he or she knows exactly how. Additionally, a new member has been invited, and all I have to say is, "is that Jerry Rice hanging out by Texas A&M?" The new member will be aware of the breadcrumbing details through addition to our Task Force, but I will not know for sure whether he or she is town or scum unless I have a chance to investigate that player.

All--If you lynch me, you're lynching L, your cop. I don't blame you for being suspicious of me based on the perceived inconsistency between what I claimed and what SSK claimed, but please don't be hasty, and please promise you won't enter tomorrow saying "oh Stephoscope needed to do this" or "Stephoscope needed to do that". I am L, the cop, and if any L counterclaim arises, that's the mafia. If you know of any way I can further prove I am who I say I am...please, share it.

I am absolutely open to any questions.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3084 (isolation #85) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Gorrad wrote:Did NO ONE stop and think that maybe, just maybe, SSK was the /ONLY/ person whose role mentioned this group?
I sure did, but magnus implied I was scummy for doing so, and SSK was wrong to say I was lying if that were the case. I can state with 100% certainty that the only group Watari is in now, is the one with me and our new Kira Task Force member.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3089 (isolation #86) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

What's the case on Vi?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3098 (isolation #87) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Kmd4390 wrote:I think you are town.
You "put me at L-1". What's changed since then? Lamont's still claiming I'm the lynch.

L
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3101 (isolation #88) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I so hate "meta", which is why I think I'm playing newbie games from now on. Basing reads on "meta" is basically giving in to skilled players who will change their playstyle.

I'm not speculating on whether or not Lamont is town...but I must say I am completely unimpressed with Kairyuu's play in this game. I'm sure that makes me "stupid".
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3104 (isolation #89) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:Aiber is dead because of you. One of you is lying. It wasn't Aiber. All this breadcrumbing razzle-dazzle doesn't cut it. You are saying that Aiber who is now a confirmed townie was lying about the group he mentioned. So we all have to believe that he just lied because he felt like it? He
self-voted
because he was 100% sure of his information. Aiber is dead because of your fake-claim so you need to be lynched.
I'm not responsible for Aiber's death. He called me a liar, and I am not. I assure you that I am who I say I am, and I assure you that what I have recently revealed matches up with how I played earlier.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3105 (isolation #90) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:I think you are town.
You "put me at L-1". What's changed since then? Lamont's still claiming I'm the lynch.

L
Your claim is provable.

Btw I only faked putting you at L-1, remember?
Of course, hence my quotes.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3107 (isolation #91) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I never, ever said SSK was lying for
certain
Stephoscope wrote:I know
with 100% certainty
that I am not in a discussion with the specific players he mentions. I also know
with 100% certainty
that
no such group already exists that's waiting for him if I die
SSK is Stepho lying here? (he answers yes)
QFT.
Everything I said then remains 100% true. I am in a group with Watari and the player I recently invited. The group SSK mentioned did not currently exist, and the reason I know that is because I looked at Watari's role PM both nights (ZazieR was killed so I could not investigate her).
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3109 (isolation #92) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Hey man, nice shot :)
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3112 (isolation #93) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
SSK claim:

MafiaSSK wrote:Fine. I'll reveal the rest of the role. If L dies then I can talk to Near,Mello and Watari.
Stepho Claim:

Stephoscope wrote:I am L.

I have a Kira Task Force discussion behind the scenes. Each night, I can invite one player to the Kira Task Force, and I can also investigate any existing member of the Task Force and receive his or her complete role PM.

I will not provide any details as to who is or was in the Task Force with me, as doing so would be anti-town and is over and above a roleclaim.

While I have had to hold my tongue for obvious reasons, MafiaSSK's roleclaim does not seem to match at all the information I have regarding the game and players. While I can't say for sure what might happen after I die, I know with 100% certainty that I am not in a discussion with the specific players he mentions. I also know with 100% certainty that no such group already exists that's waiting for him if I die.

I think SSK was rolefishing in desperation with his claim, to uncover roles he figured would be in the game.
Let's keep in mind that this fake-claim by Stepho came when he was at L-1 and was going to die, hence his motivation.

It's lynching time.
And it's so typical to roleclaim before you're at L-1. :roll:

If anyone else wants to claim L, I encourage you to do so....cause I've breadcrumbed all kinds of good stuff in this game, which may be shared at some point if and when I flip and my claim is proven legit. Go for it!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3113 (isolation #94) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

To scum: YOU CAN FIGURE OUT MY BREADCRUMBS IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT HARD ENOUGH. YOU CAN DO IT.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3115 (isolation #95) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Going to bed all (it's 2:35 AM). Thanks for letting me live this long; at the very least, there's one more person out there who knows I'm telling the truth, and if I'm lynched, the wagon getting me there can be looked at.

Sorry for the perceived inconsistency between my claim and SSK's, but I've been 100% honest (although I certainly haven't shared anything until I thought it was necessary) and I defy anyone to claim I've been inconsistent.

Any L counter-claims? Come on, mafia! Grow a pair! I have breadcrumbs all over this thread, but if I'm "stupid" like Kairyuu claims, perhaps you can make up some that will be more believable! What do you say?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3160 (isolation #96) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:52 am

Post by Stephoscope »

MrBuddyLee wrote:SSK's claim fit flavor and Steph ignored that.
I didn't ignore it--I had done some research and was indeed concerned he really was Aiber--see my 3069. But at the end of the day, if I've told the truth and he says I was lying, I had to assume he was scum.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3161 (isolation #97) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:54 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I never, ever said SSK was lying for
certain
Stephoscope wrote:I know
with 100% certainty
that I am not in a discussion with the specific players he mentions. I also know
with 100% certainty
that
no such group already exists that's waiting for him if I die
SSK is Stepho lying here? (he answers yes)
QFT.
LOL. Oh btw, this IS inconsistency from yesterday. This is Stepho as retracting scum once his claim started coming under fire.
How is that inconsistent in any way? I was very careful to spell out exactly what I was certain of, and today I've provided more information on how I was certain of it.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3175 (isolation #98) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Stephoscope »

DeathNote wrote:From what I understand, LC is being voted against cause he claimed L at the start of the day. Why would he do that? Kairyuu sorta put him in the clear for the moment but I am still confused as too LC's claim. Is it to draw out L or scums who claim L against you?
Huh?

Lamont_Cranston -4 (Gorrad, populartajo, MrBuddyLee, LlamaFluff)
WeyounsLastClone -1 (Kmd4390)
Stephoscope -1 (Lamont_Cranston)
millar13 -1 (WeyounsLastClone)
mykonian -1 (Kairyuu)
Not voting: zwetschenwasser, mykonian, Kmd4390 Gorrad, millar13, Starbuck, DeathNote, Stephoscope, Lamont_Cranston, xylthixlm

If I die, would you take over for me?

With 15 alive, it's 8 to lynch.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3207 (isolation #99) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Xylthixlm wrote:Maybe we should ask Steph.
Messages in my quicktopic imply that night 0 chat was allowed, but there wasn't any from Watari and myself.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3208 (isolation #100) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kairyuu wrote:@Stepho: Hold on. I just realized something. Can't believe I missed it. You're totally scum. The role you claimed is completely gamebreaking. If you are telling the truth, you could just end up recruiting scum and then nabbing the entire scumteam when the complete PM is revealed to you. That is FAR from balanced. You're lying.
And how is that any less balanced than a typical cop?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3209 (isolation #101) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Oh, I see what you're saying. I assume the scumteam's names would be censored, but I haven't yet gotten that far.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3210 (isolation #102) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Just so there is no confusion, I went back and checked how I worded my claim, and I used the word "complete" in regards to the role PM. I did so because it's important everyone know I get everything, not just role and alignment--and this was demonstrated when I investigated Watari. However, the word "complete" does not actually appear in my role PM, and I would absolutely not expect a scum report to include the fellow scum's names--but again, I haven't yet seen one.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3227 (isolation #103) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Xylthixlm wrote:Did it occur to you that maybe the Watari/Mello/Near group doesn't exist yet?
When I said no such group currently existed, which it doesn't, SSK said I was lying. He probably just screwed up, though.

I successfully added someone to the Kira Task Force last night, although that player has not yet been able to communicate privately with the group. Is that Jerry Rice hanging out next to Texas A&M?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3247 (isolation #104) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Watari does. He acts as a butler and assistant to L.
@Stepho:
How is it that you came in contact with Watari?
It's in my role that I can talk to that player at night from the beginning.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3308 (isolation #105) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:22 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kmd4390 wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:I was also recruited into the SPK night 1.
SPK? Not the Task Force?
Certainly not the Task Force, as I recruited ZazieR but then she was killed.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3339 (isolation #106) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

populartajo wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:I see no reason to disbelieve the thing about SPK, but it doesn't confirm zwet's alignment at all.

zwet, claim your results.
no result night 1, I forgot to send an action n2, and no result n3
. I didn't get a PM at all in response to either of my actions, so I'm assuming something happened both nights.
There were only two nights
. Also, you forgot to claim your targets.
Hahaha I cant believe I missed that

unvote
vote zwet
Dont like the hahaha and the quick vote.
If Llama is scum, we'll all find out tomorrow.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3345 (isolation #107) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I have no comment at this time.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3347 (isolation #108) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I have no comment at this time.
I interpret this as meaning he's right, because if he was wrong you would have said so and voted him.

unvote
That is a correct assumption, although there are other facets of the situation that I also have no comment on at this time.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3349 (isolation #109) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Anyone who knows of information I may have breadcrumbed, please do not reveal the breadcrumb until if and when I am gone and revealing it is absolutely necessary.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3350 (isolation #110) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Stephoscope »

The golden Stephoscope wraps around the suffix and then stops to the right of the s.

zwetchenwasser -3 (populartajo, Lamont_Cranston, Knight of Cydonia)
mykonian -1 (Kairyuu)
WeyounsLastClone -1 (Kmd4390)

Not voting: zwetschenwasser, mykonian, Kmd4390 Gorrad, Starbuck, DeathNote, Stephoscope, WeyounsLastClone, xylthixlm, Llamafluff

They'll start realizing the right way to live as a human being.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3352 (isolation #111) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Stephoscope »

zwetschenwasser wrote:well, we've got two easily confirmable/confirmed town now.
Exactly who?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3355 (isolation #112) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Kairyuu wrote:@Steph: You do realize how blatently obvious everything is now that zwet has claimed, right? Telling people not to mention the "breadcrumbs" is pointless. I don't even know what breadcrumbs you are talking about, but I still know exactly what's going on, and I'd be surprised if a single player hasn't figured it out yet.

That said, I am considering both you and zwet confirmed town now, so I'll respect your wishes.

(sidenote regarding my last post: Yes, I did just get home from work. Working an unnanounced double shift is annoying.)
No, you know some of what's going on, but not all of it. Trust me.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3420 (isolation #113) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Gorrad wrote:2) Zwet is ALSO an idiot for outing members of the Steph fun Club
Should I be killed tonight, I hereby request that the Kira Task Force be renamed this, in my memory.

Anyways,

Unvote
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3659 (isolation #114) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:46 am

Post by Stephoscope »

A Google search for "death note besotted" turned up this (along with this very game and a bunch of irrelevant stuff):

http://movies.sky.com/review/death-note-the-last-name-2

This is the only other place I see where it says Misa is "besotted" with Light. Maybe it's where the mod got his flavor, maybe it's what inspired Tajo's claim, maybe it's completely irrelevant--dunno.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3675 (isolation #115) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I am relieved--it was looking like it was going to spell GOATSE there for a minute.

populartajo -7 (mykonian, Llamafluff, Kairyuu, Knight of Cydonia, Starbuck, Gorrad, DeathNote)
Kairyuu -1 (xylthixlm, WeyounsLastClone)
DeathNote-1 (MrBuddyLee)
Kmd4390 - 1 (populartajo)
Not voting: Kmd4390, zwetchenwasser, Stephoscope, Lamont_Cranston

No, it's accurate that Higuchi was killing the criminals up to the time he was caught.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3682 (isolation #116) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Is it pro-town to try and figure out a breadcrumb?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3713 (isolation #117) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

LlamaFluff is a Shinigami, Rem to be precise. I don't know whether or not he has a death note right now, but he started the game with one.

He is a daymason with Misa Amane. He wins if Misa Amane survives.

If Misa Amane's death note (I'm guessing she started with one too) winds up in someone else's hands, Llama can instead communicate with that other player.

It's worth noting that Llama spent days one and two knowing his role information was secret, and probably all of yesterday knowing he was going to be investigated. I haven't analyzed him yet, I just wanted to get all this out ASAP in case I'm killed.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3716 (isolation #118) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
@Stepho:
Please show us your breadcrumbed Watari reference.
According to Wikipedia (everything mentioned is as of 7/21/2009), Weyoun was number EIGHT and was the LAST clone.

Clicking on the LAST link in the Wikipedia article section, EIGHT times, takes you on this path:

Weyoun--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine relaunch--Galaxy--X-ray astronomy--Fluorescence--Irradiation--International Atomic Energy Agency--Programme of Action for Cancer Therapy--Yemen

My statement that "I've heard that north of the museum, there is a building in which two guys are shaking hands." is a reference to the last and first pictures in that article.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3718 (isolation #119) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:He is a daymason with Misa Amane.
He wins if Misa Amane survives.

If Misa Amane's death note (I'm guessing she started with one too) winds up in someone else's hands,
Llama can instead communicate with that other player.
If the death note passes does that change his wincon?
No. But I neglected to mention: the first instance of Misa Amane's imminent death leads to Llama dying in sacrifice to rescue her (sorry for the clumsy wording, I'm just making absolutely sure I'm not quoting role PMs)
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3721 (isolation #120) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

One thing is clear: there are a helluva lotta QuickTopics for this game.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3723 (isolation #121) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Lots of WIFOM involved, but it's worth noting that Llama privately recommended the recruitment (which would lead to later investigation) of MrBuddyLee, DeathNote or Lamont.

But he knew he himself was going to be investigated shortly after he said that.

And I certainly wouldn't have expected him to drop Misa Amane's name in any case; and it looks like he didn't.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3724 (isolation #122) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Hmmm, it's Rem (Llama) who kills L (me) in Death Note? How rude.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3726 (isolation #123) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Correct, unless what happened in KoC's quicktopic was elaborate trickery and Starbuck's not Misa Amane. Or, of course, if KoC is lying, but I too believe him. I think.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3736 (isolation #124) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Assuming Llama is a Shinigami (which is fact, and I think I've provided enough for you to know that), and Starbuck is Misa, and both apparently started with a DeathNote, what is the rationale for lynching Starbuck (which will lead to a Llama death) and not Llama? I'm not protesting anything, I just want to make sure we're all thinking things through.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3739 (isolation #125) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

"Llamagami"? Why are you so certain I'm telling the truth?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3742 (isolation #126) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Xylthixlm wrote:Does this strike anyone as overpowered for scum?
Exactly what are you getting at? While I encourage any and all discussion regarding who should be today's lynch, I really do believe it's been established that I am exactly who I say I am.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3807 (isolation #127) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
@Stepho:
Why isn't this making sense? A Shinigami can't die right? Doesn't that make Misa unkillable?
Llama can clearly only "sacrifice himself" (whatever that means) once. Maybe the rules just mean Shinigami can't be lynched or nightkilled normally.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3808 (isolation #128) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:OMY. Could it be that Llama will KILL one of the people on Misa's wagon and then die? That doesn't sound like a fair tradeoff.
There's certainly no indication in his role that that would happen.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3864 (isolation #129) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

so then how do you propose that I fooled Weyoun? And why would Watari have started the game talking to me, if I'm not L?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3870 (isolation #130) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

What I don't like about this, zwet, is that if you thought there was any inconsistency in the claims of Weyoun and myself, you could have brought it up while we were both still alive. Weyoun would have happily confirmed that his role stated he could nighttalk with L.

IGMEOY
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3873 (isolation #131) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote: zwetschenwasser
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3874 (isolation #132) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I'm pretty much thinking out loud at the moment.
Well, you should probably think before you post. Your assertion that Watari died the night after I recruited him is incorrect for several reasons.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3942 (isolation #133) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I invited one player to my team last night and, if that player is still alive, he or she is the only player I can investigate tonight.

VAE, Z? then AAOBAM?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3954 (isolation #134) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
Vote: Llamafluff

and I'm almost 85% sure that Rem DOES NOT HAVE the ability to pass her death note to someone else
I'm exactly 100% sure that Rem can pass the death note along to someone else. It says so in Llama's role.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3956 (isolation #135) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Gorrad wrote:2) Kairyuu's claim makes no sense thanks to QTs. If people give fake names in the topics (Recall, KoC's claim relies on being anonymous) then the mod can't know who talked and who didn't.
Vote: Kairyuu
While I don't yet know whether or not I believe Kairyuu, there is explicitly no requirement to use player names in my group. Weyoun and I started with our role names, but I don't know what would have happened if we didn't.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3957 (isolation #136) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I believe Kairyuu more than I believe Xylthxlm. Can someone quickly summarize why at least one of them is scum?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3961 (isolation #137) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Kairyuu wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I believe Kairyuu more than I believe Xylthxlm. Can someone quickly summarize why at least one of them is scum?
I investigated Xyl. Result was that he was able to Night talk. He flat out denies this. Therefore, either he is lying about not being able to Night talk (and therefore is almost definitely scum) or I am lying about my role (and therefore am almost definitely scum). So yeah. One of us MUST be scum.
Right, right.

Unvote
Vote: Xylthxlm
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3964 (isolation #138) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

In a game in which nighttalk is obviously so prevalent, I think Kairyuu's role makes perfect sense. I also think the N2 start makes sense, so that a successful investigation need not uncover a power role, but could also show a recruit to my group or any others. And it's clear that there are complicated roles in this game, given that SSK was town, it should be pretty obvious that I'm L, and yet we were both convinced one or the other was scum.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3966 (isolation #139) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

And the fact that every player in this game is apparently a named role, and Xylthxlm's claim is a very minor Death Note character, is also relevant. Although I do concede the L-miller bit makes sense based on what I read about Lind L. Taylor.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4008 (isolation #140) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Xylthixlm wrote:Lamont, I don't think I could make this up if I
was
scum.
if you
were

/drunken grammer Nazi
//heil
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4009 (isolation #141) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

grammar, lol
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4104 (isolation #142) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I'm not sure that I have much to say right now. The person I invited the night before stayed very anonymous within the quicktopic last night, since LlamaFluff was in there. My investigation cleared that person. I breadcrumbed the player's name in an earlier post, but since the player chose to stay anonymous, I could not pass along the meaning of the breadcrumb, and no one's gonna know what it means if I die.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4115 (isolation #143) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

How many scums do we expect? Because I could see both Xyl and zwet being scum...perhaps the last two?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4156 (isolation #144) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Stephoscope wrote:How many scums do we expect? Because I could see both Xyl and zwet being scum...perhaps the last two?
I am fine with a lynch of Xyl, zwet or mykonian, as I believe they are all scum.

Unvote
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4274 (isolation #145) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

DeathNote wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:So who do
you
think is Misa?
I don't honestly have a clue. I don't have strong town reads on anyone left in the game except Steph, and pretty much anyone else I could see the argument for them being Misa.
Just looking back on these last few pages and I wondered...

What has Steph done to make him confirmed town? From what I gather, he claimed L correct? If it is true... why is he still alive? If I were scum, I would have killed him right off. I am guessing that I just missed something somewhere so if someone could please enlighten me.
Yeah, I claimed a completely damned obvious Death Note role, and no one counter claimed me...and my Watari flipped town, and my LlamaFluff investigation was proven correct.

I'm still alive for obvious reasons: that a doctor would have hell to pay if he protected anyone but me.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4371 (isolation #146) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Gelus wrote:L lives...Watari doesn't save him, Soichiro did. (WTF, Watari!?)
WTF is right! (But thanks, ThAdmiral.)

I laughed about how my death would have been a huge help to the town :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”