The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #801 (isolation #0) » Wed May 27, 2009 8:51 am

Post by The Replacement »

Hello everyone.

I expect to get a good portion of the reading done by tomorrow night, but it could be likely that I won't get to all of it until sometime Saturday morning.

If there are any questions people would like to ask me before I start reading the thread for any reason, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer those questions before I begin my reading tonight when I get off work.
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #818 (isolation #1) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Lamont_Cranston wrote:Yes. What is your alt?
I'd rather not give the answer to that question.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #820 (isolation #2) » Wed May 27, 2009 6:57 pm

I got sucked into reading and finished my first read of the game.
Stephoscope wrote:For the record, the small paper box I picked up doesn't seem to be doing anything.
The Mod never posted the box having disappeared or any indication that you successfully picked it up. Did you get a PM that says you have the box in your possession? Also several times thoughout the game you mention withholding your vote until X happens. Why did you feel you needed to hold your vote?
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #842 (isolation #3) » Thu May 28, 2009 8:03 am

Stephoscope wrote:I was really just kidding about the box. I didn't expect it to be a "real" item, just figured it was worth a try.
Why did you think it was okay to lead people on that you had the box?
Stephoscope wrote:As for withholding my vote...we have plenty of time, why vote until we have all the information (i.e. what the drink did and who was affected by it)? Although I think eventually I gave in once Lamont wouldn't answer the question about the devil smiley.
Voting is one of the best ways to hold people accountable for their suspcions. If you aren't going to vote at all during the entire beginning of the day we can't be sure of your suspicions and it's a good way for a scum player to sit back and wait until there's a wagon vote that they like and put their vote there or make a vote based on the general opinions of the town, making you appear less accountable overall for your vote when you do put it somewhere and making it so other players can build a case so that you do need to.

Vote: Stephoscope
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #843 (isolation #4) » Thu May 28, 2009 8:07 am

Lamont_Cranston wrote:Ok I was going to remain silent about this but I just got another PM which confirmed my suspicions.

The initial PM said that the shell was slightly warm to the touch.

This latest PM says that the shell is now much warmer and there is a faint odor of something burning.

I think I made a big mistake in picking it up... :(
Why were you going to remain silent about it? Do you know anything else about the shell or has anything else happened since this post? Are you able to pass it to other players or use it in some way?
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #845 (isolation #5) » Thu May 28, 2009 8:24 am

Stephoscope wrote:While you make some good points here about voting and why scum would be reluctant to do it, I have already placed my vote and explained exactly why...so don't accuse me of wanting to sit back and wait for a wagon, because that's not what I did.
It's exactly what you did. There were already five votes on Lamont_Craston when yours finally came around to land on him and the reason you gave wasn't even your own reason, you took what someone else found and used that as the basis for your vote.
Stephoscope wrote:I just wanted to make sure we figured out what was going on with the drink before we complicated things with voting...and I wanted to make sure our eventual lynch would be an informed one, with the knowledge of what (if anything) the drink had done.
Voting and lynching are the primary functions of the town. Delaying that function is bad because it can lead to a rushed and less than optimal decisions as deadlines approach.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #848 (isolation #6) » Thu May 28, 2009 8:57 am

Stephoscope wrote:Well, whether or not you agreed with my thinking (and you do make some good points), you might try being suspicious of people who withheld their votes or were wishy-washy about them
without clearly explaining themselves every step of the way
like I did, but whatever.
On the contrary, I find you more suspicious because of your explanations and reasons that you give. The fact that you stated on more than one occasion that it was your intention not to vote until something specific had passed is what I find scummy. Unless you thought it would be impossible to form suspicions until after, I see no reason why you would declare that you wouldn't be voting. No one else claimed that they wouldn't be voting like you did.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #850 (isolation #7) » Thu May 28, 2009 11:21 am

Stephoscope wrote:Do you actually have any problem with my rationale for voting Lamont?
I don't have a problem with that reason.

Can we get prods on: NuevaVida, Sironigous, Shadow Knight, and Pyromaniac? None of them have posted in the past 72 hours.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #908 (isolation #8) » Fri May 29, 2009 7:39 am

Just because you weren't around doesn't mean you didn't do something late. Arguing that it couldn't have been a late offer because you weren't around is a lame excuse. I haven't been around because I just replaced in. So I just got here, but if I made the offer to drink it (assuming it hadn't already happened) there is no way in hell I would make the statement that it wasn't a late offer. Not only that, but if memory serves correctly from my readthrough the other day, you also offered to drink after it had been mentioned and backed up that it would no longer have been a pro-town stance to offer drinking it.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #909 (isolation #9) » Fri May 29, 2009 7:49 am

Xtoxm wrote:I approve of the

Craplogic => Female

Thought process.
I don't disagree, though there are always exceptions, but who does this refer to?
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #922 (isolation #10) » Fri May 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Out of curiosity, if Lamont_Cranston is unable to give away the shell, would anyone want to try taking it from him and see if that does anything? (like taking any other item that would drop).

Also, Lamont_Cranston, we don't know for sure that you are unable to give it away unless you actually try to give it away in the thread and we see your action fail.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #936 (isolation #11) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:20 am

Ten votes to lynch.

Lamont_Cranston is not the lynch I support for the day.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #955 (isolation #12) » Sat May 30, 2009 2:15 pm

We have a little less than 44 hours from this post until deadline (June 1, 9pm GMT).

I get a town read off Lamont_Cranston and still believe Stephoscope to be the correct lynch. I'd be unhappy changing my vote and don't find the other lynch condidates as likely of being scum.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #956 (isolation #13) » Sat May 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Nyx, zwetschenwasser, Alabaska J and NueveVida; all four of you are not currently voting. Deadline is approaching, please vote.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #964 (isolation #14) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Mod: Can we get prods on Alabaska J, hohum, Nyx, NueveVida and Amished?

(I know Amished said he would be away, but hopefully he can come in before deadline) The rest is everyone who hasn't posted in over 48 hours, so I'd hope to see them again a time or two before the deadline which they should all know is coming up.

Those of you getting prodded can you please vote if you are not voting and those of you voting I don't think Lamont_Cranston is the best lynch for today in light of current events (as well as I get a town read on him).
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #973 (isolation #15) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:36 pm

:lol:

Were prods sent out?
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #976 (isolation #16) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:06 pm

Nyx wrote:
The Replacement wrote::lol:

Were prods sent out?
Yes.

I don't like how you're pressuring people to just vote. Sounds to much as forcing a quick lynch IMO.

As for the current events. Since Lamont is more likely to be dieing if I may presume that there's no need to lynch him. I find the case on Naomi and Steph very weak.

So for now
vote:The Replacement

For above said argument.
A quick lynch? Do you realize there are less than two days before deadline and anything less than ten votes for one player will result in a No Lynch? If Lamont_Cranston isn't the lynch today then we don't even have half the number of required votes yet to lynch anyone today.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1054 (isolation #17) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:01 am

I believe the claim and really dislike the way Stephoscope is trying to push the lynch on that claim when there isn't a counterclaim. I disagree that it is the easiest role to fakeclaim, because if there there is someone else who is actually Trilby then Naomi_Saotome is figured out. It's probably one of the least safe roles to be fake claiming in my opinion.

Alabaska J is also not voting.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1055 (isolation #18) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:04 am

A question for Lamont_Cranston, if I tried to take the shell from you and succeeded, would you agree to take it back?
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1064 (isolation #19) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:09 am

If at any point Trilby dies and it isn't Naomi_Saotome then we know she was lying and we can lynch her. Her claim has made it easy to catch her if she is lying. Right now there is not evidence to disbelieve her claim, and counter claiming is not the only way evidence against her claim can appear. If something happens in the game to contradict her claim, then her lynch should be reevaluated. As it stands, you are pushing for the lynch of a claimed bulletproof player with no substantial evidence against the claim. I disagree that a bulletproof player should come out and claim right away, because then they lose the opportunity to be targeted at night and waste a night kill of scum.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1065 (isolation #20) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:12 am

I was wrong, Alabaska is voting.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1077 (isolation #21) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:42 am

It looks like he can vote, unvote, but not anything else.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1082 (isolation #22) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:55 am

If this works and I start to have the same problem as Lamont_Cranston, not being able to post and all that, I want someone to take the shell from me. My reasons for asking that is that If I can't speak then I won't be able to confirm anything about the item. If in taking it from me you want me to take it back from you, please say so in your post where you take it from me and I promise to take it back from you after I am able to say what I learned or didn't learn about the item. If I did not feel that Lamont_Cranston is likely town, I would not do this.

Here goes...

Take shell
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1089 (isolation #23) » Sun May 31, 2009 11:55 am

Apparently that didn't work.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1095 (isolation #24) » Sun May 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Amished should not say who he is protecting, in my opinion he should list 2 to 4 likely targets that he will choose one from on his own and protect that person. If he just says he is protecting one person than scum know to avoid, but if he lists a small group of people than scum will likely have to avoid all of them for the night kill unless they want to risk not having one.

Also I didn't read it as his role can't be blocked by town power roles, but the fact that he has claimed would make it so that a pro-town roleblocker/jailer/etc would not target him, thus his claiming is what avoids a pro town blocking rather than his actual role.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1116 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:56 am

I'm at work, and will be until deadline passes, but I'll check here every so often over the next four hours. I still think Stephoscope is the best lynch. Anyone who posts and is not voting for either Stephoscope or Naomi_Saotome should clearly state their reasons why they are either not voting or are putting their vote somewhere else (which is essentially a vote for a No Lynch at this point).
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1118 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:38 am

Is no one here but myself and Amished? Does the town not care about having a no lynch happening on day one?
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1120 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:20 am

Would you suggest that I be pushing people to not vote? It's been a deadline situation, can you explain to me why it is scummy to be asking players to vote when a lynch is still not close?
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4045 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:01 pm

I don't know how you all let Stephoscope live so long. Had him pegged as soon as I replaced in.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”