Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #4) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Just caught up. Sorry for being away, folks.

The discussion on percentage in the decanter is worthless speculation. Any time numbers are brought into mafia I cringe and immediately hate those who try and use them.

I find it odd that hohum says he's waiting to use it on someone "who he doesn't like".

Sajin is trying way too hard for something that isn't there around pg 10-11 when he's prodding like hell at hohum. Those votes on him are warranted.

I'm up for drinking it if a volunteer is needed. Even though it's a bleedin' Chzo game (*gulp*), I'm in the "What the hell, right? Tally ho!" camp. I'm also for volunteers, since I think randomzing is pretty anti-town, because if we hit a power role, it could mean bad things for us.

I've played the X-Days Series, and remember the theme of the manor's killings passing out/being possessed and killing people. Great fun. As for any liquid, there was cola in Trilby's notes (game #3) that when you drank sent you to the shadow realm (didn't kill you, but things got dangerous/freaky). Hrm, despite all that, I'm still damned curious.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #5) » Fri May 15, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

As one who played the games I can see the thought process behind the Chzo theme analysis, but if we operate by that mindset, we'll end up using nothing the entire game! That's no fun. I still think that mafia would be wary to use it, and randomness is skewed towards mafia simply because there are more townies in the game, logically. If we have a vanilla townie volunteer, if it messes with PRs then it won't be that big of a deal.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #6) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Good god people, I wasn't rolefishing. Look at my earlier post about the drink and then my next post pertaining to who should drink it. Put 2 and 2 together. If you think I'm scum, and you think it's a negative effect, guess what? I'm still volunteering.
agreed Lamont makes a good point...
Lamont does indeed make a good point.
Naomi's and pyro's quick flip to me when they were arguing shows me that they're eager to avoid confrontation and go after an easy point to jump on with little to no elaboration. At the risk of seeming OMGUSy: it's mildly scummy.

Also, Amished, in the first X-Days game, wasn't it just touching ordinary household objects (the welder gear) that got you possessed by DeFoe? I'm not even sure if "normal" items are safe.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #7) » Fri May 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Your idea helps the mafia lynch power roles more easily. If you know who the regular townies than you know who isn't a power role. Also, if power roles claim that they are townies then that contradicts the point of you proposal. Thank you for pointing out that you volunteered, for this is evidence against you. Your proposal contradicts the volunteering system, this leads me to believe that the only reason why you volunteered is not look suspicious.
Hah, yeah, because speculation in my motivation is real accurate. Sorry, fellas, there is no underlying sinister motivation here, chalk it up to plain curiosity. There's an easy way to check this after all: call my "bluff". I'm wondering why Lamont is so adamant about the idea of it changing people's alignment. That's only one of many, many possibilities.

However, I do see your point in exposing the volunteering townies making it easier for mafia to pick off PRs, so it's obvious that we shouldn't have a whole lot of people raising their hands and saying "pick me!" A few have done it already, no need for any more.

Good call on the Brotherhood, Amished. I completely disregarded them since I'm more thinking this game in the 5 Days a Stranger sense (since it's in the mansion). We have to respect that possibility, though.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #8) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Oi, currently being killed by school. Will surface tomorrow.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (isolation #9) » Wed May 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Honestly, at this point I'm almost willing to just say let hohum do whatever the hell he wants with it (I mean, he can, technically, anyways). I'm worried this is making a mountain out of a molehill. We've established that some people think the item will be good to us, some think it'll be bad, and subsequently advocating use of items will be good or bad. The town's split and the difference of opinion is driving a wedge.

But I still think we need a point of reference and anything that's even potentially helpful for the town, I think we should take the risk. Sooner than later, too, so we can go back to the game at hand. For the sake of getting this over with:

ITEM VOTE: Shadow
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #10) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Yeah, I'm cool with lynching someone that has misrep-ed people all over the place, been quite scattershot with his suspicion, and misunderstanding the nature of "rolefishing" to a laughable degree as a basis for vote.

Vote: Lamont
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #11) » Tue May 26, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Oh god, no.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (isolation #12) » Wed May 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

If I didn't know you were town (even before it was revealed by the Mod)
You 'knew'. As in, definitively. As in, we're on Day 1, so no cop results happened yet. As in, scum knows definitively who is town. Lynch plz.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (isolation #13) » Fri May 29, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Wrong:

Pablo, post #4, and first substantial game-post
I'm up for drinking it if a volunteer is needed.
I like how you just make shit up and try and pass it off as fact. +1 Misrep.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (isolation #14) » Fri May 29, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

FOREVER.

I believe I gave a "sorry for being away" at the beginning of that post, implying that I was unable to participate with any substance due to RL issues. I'm in the final weeks of school/starting a job. Believe me or not, but that's the truth behind basically all my absences.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Summary of the latter part of the day from those of us that were busy, plz?

Also, looks like we're up against both the Tall Man and DeFoe. Lovely. Hopefully they're rival factions, but I doubt they're NK-able. And Lamont, for the number of items you're getting, I hope you're on the town's side.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Lamont, do you think going after someone that has claimed to be a power role (the freakin' hero of the Chzo games) to be a
good
idea? I do admit, the "NK-immune" thing gets me worried that it could just be her explaining her NK-immunity if she is indeed scum, but it could also be a complete and total mistake to throw a way one of our advantages (in a game the mod openly said is stacked against us).

Also, if you're so adamant about this: you have a gun and a bullet. Why not use it?
This statement is BEYOND THE PALE. Trilby is THE NUMBER ONE character. She must die today.
Really? I can respect that the mod wants to make the town balanced, so Naomi's statement isn't OUTRAGEOUS enough to elicit RANDOM CAPS, imo.
There is NO WAY she asks this question if her PM said 1-shot Cop. She must die today.
You're going to have to explain this one, because I ain't getting where you're going with this at all.

Question: who started the rolefishing on Naomi? Can I get a post # for a starting point?

Amished: Good call on the factions. Tall-man could easily be the Brotherhood, while DeFoe/Wielder could be another group of people with the Wielder items. I guess it was just wishful thinking that they would be just one person each.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Whaaat?? Do you not understand how theme games work?? Trilby is the CENTRAL character of the ENTIRE GAME.
Basically, no. This is my first one.
There is NO WAY Trilby is just UNK
Even in a game stacked against us? I don't like your ABSOLUTE certainty here (and RANDOM CAPS).
(UNK is a very common scum roleclaim) and that's it
Proof? Examples? Or are you making things up again? (Genuine question, btw, someone not-Lamont plz answer)
oh ya whoops let's throw in the 1-shot Cop (which someone else mentioned first).
Really? Point against Naomi, then. You know the post number/area where it was first mentioned?
Your defense here is so very suspicious and backs up my initial opinion of your role-fishing.
Oh, cute, you're throwing around buzzwords again. How many times are you going to say that before you give it up. Was. Not. Rolefishing. (And yet, here we are, grilling Naomi about power roles. Irony.) Also, caution =/= defense. You have a decent set of incriminating quotes; Naomi is gonna have to answer for herself.

I need to reread when I have time.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Thanks for that, Pyro. Yeah, it really, really smacks of a patched-together claim. Amished brings up the cop thing and suddenly it goes into the claim. Damned obvious there, just needed to see it with my own two eyes.

Satael said it best right afterwards:
So then Naomi says to Amished "So you're saying you expected a cop like role as well?" and then POOF! magically she has a cop like role as well and says she's Bulletproof/1-shot cop.
Are we using the shot on her or what? If not:

Vote: Naomi
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Money on her "result" being a guilty on Lamont.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

1) *Some rubbish STILL about rolefishing: tedious and stupid*

2) He mentions the "Tall Man" out of the blue being the first one to do so; this could be because he knows the role as scum.

3) I also noticed how he very quickly reversed himself on the Naomi vote.
1) yep

2) I know the Chzo games / have played them all so I know all the likely roles, as Amish has said.

3) Explain? You've lost me here. If you mean how quickly I came around to vote for her, it was because I missed the last 5 pages or so where she did her little flip-flop so that was the first itme I had read it first-hand.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Lamont
This sounded so like an informed scum trying to gain "I'm hip on this game & I'm townie" points.
So I'm not allowed to use my prior knowledge of the theme of the game we're playing? This is laughably bad, and you know it.
Below is "I wuv Naomi"
More like: questioning Lamont's conviction, determination, and thought process. I wasn't quite up to speed, but the quotes from Naomi where you made that certain attack were not that conclusive IMO. Caution should not fall by the wayside.
Now I het Naomi
Damn right, after I read her in more detail and saw some of her other posts, her story did look awfully sketch.

However, in light of recent developments, Sironigous does bring up a valid point about the investigation result. Naomi MUST use it tonight so we can move forwards.
FoS Sironi
Confirm Vig Sironi
Confirm vote Naomi
Nice overreaction, too, Lamont. You're great at that. Whether we believe her or not, if she is a one-shot cop, her result will be confirmed in some way by her death/roleflip. More information, yeah?

Unvote

Also, it isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility for a PR to forget their PR. I've seen it happen before (ongoing game, all I can say).
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Catch scum, for sure. If we *try* to clear a townie as confirmed, they'll likely end up dead within the next day or two.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Yeah, having about 1/3 of the total being lurkers is kinda hurting the game. Prods plz.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Question: In your experience, is a lurker lynch viable or silly for those who need to be replaced/prodded?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:17 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Especially without a scum roleblocker?
Um, and how the hell do you know what the scum do/don't have? Slip much?

Heavy FoS: Setael
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1326 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

To hell with it. We can always benefit from Naomi through her result, which will give us info one way or another, even if we lynch her later.

Aside from the awful, awful way Setael "answered" devistation's question, that was one helluva gaffe about the RB, she's gonna have to explain this one...

Unvote, Vote: Setael
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Away for the weekend. But: lol Setael.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Vig: Setael

Vote: Setael

I'm about to kill someone irl, so I'll be back later when I'm more sane.

Big thing for people suspecting me from my reaction to Setael's RB comment, was because that WAS the first I had seen/heard anything pertaining to that line of thinking. It came out of left field and was quite jarring and very presumptuous. I ain't gonna let it go easy. I moved on from Naomi because we can still hold her accountable/lynch her tomorrow/gain information based on her investigation. Amished... it seems like his 'overpowered' role is circumstantial (and, as one who played the Chzo games, a "reality flip" seems very likely) and if it doesn't happen ever, late in the game we know Amished was talking out of his ass.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:54 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

^^^Explain, plz.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:04 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

I was also wondering why you used the word "
was
lurker scum."
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Amished 1174:
I do want to point out that since hohum's life was extended for a day (and I lived), they don't have a roleblocker (either faction/player in the case of an SK).
And that kids, is that. I also reread your exchange starting off my suspicions with Amished and get what you're getting at now. You did say that Amished was blessed with such a 'shoddy' town because he has not been lynched yet, however, when dealing with such a potentially powerful role, don't you think the town as a whole would err on the side of caution?

My pressure on you has also yielded a few interesting things, including showing the minimalist/opportunistic/non-reading (*cough*...heh...*cough*) nature of some people. Pyro went ahead and voted Setael even after he realized that she was not SKnight's replacement. There's no questioning, reasoning, or probing there and a great deal of what he's done is fly around from person to person to person with his vote. Paired with the way I remember he followed Lamont to me early in Day 1 (along with Naomi), I'm comfortable with:

unvote, vote Pyro

unvote, vote Zwet
(well, come on, he's just useless and you know the scum ain't gonna NK him)
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:13 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Zwet-tajo connection?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:44 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:
Devestation wrote:they could both be scum Lamont.

Right now I'm too tired and depressed to care :(
For them both to be scum Stepho and his buddies would have to be saying that she is SO worthless that they just want her dead no matter what. That would be a chilling reality that my mind refuses to believe actually.
Two scum groups?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1542 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Sorry, kids, but I'm going to be away in a few hours til late, late Monday, so plz no prods or replacements.

MOD: Away Til Tuesday

I'm comfortable with my votes right now.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1683 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

I is back and thinking viging Setael is a worse and worse idea. I'm never a fan of Zwet getting lippy and I think my vote on his worthlessness is justified. Someone more well-versed in the subject than I, since I don't want to dig through all of this, could you sum up why Dev is an alternative for the vig?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1715 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

There is a trilby clone?
I completely did not think of this, damn! In the 4th and final Chzo game (which is set about 100 yrs after the first game in the mansion) there are clones of Trilby. They end up getting killed a lot by the Tall-Man (likely one of our scum-kilers), but once one gets killed, another shows up to take it's place (that's a gameplay mechanic, to get Trilby-clones killed over and over as meat-shields so your character can live and they never run out). That could explain why Naomi thinks she is Trilby AND why she has the NK-immune ability. I'm even more against any direct Naomi-vig/lynch now.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1836 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

That said, Dev's self sacrifice looks town.
Really? We're excusing this kind of play?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1843 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Fine.

Unvote, Vote: Dev
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2015 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Amished, Zwet, Dramonic: you gonna stay on Setael til the deadline?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2225 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Jesus fucking christ, why am I not suprised? Fine.

unvote, vote: Dev
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2266 (isolation #41) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Unvote

Let us think, but let's not get caught with ANOTHER no-lynch. That would be pretty damn catistrophic.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2502 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

You have 2 days, 11 hours and 28 minutes to make a lynch.
Shit.

Unvote, Vote: Stepho
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2507 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Omgosh a speedlynch of a town power role...
I'm sorry, what's all this, please?

unvote
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2589 (isolation #44) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

...you want him to admit that he's lynchable?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2682 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

So it shouldn't bother you to post it again. It's be like, one line. Jesus, don't be so pointlessly argumentative.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2708 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:25 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Vote: dramonic

Just one and the matches appear to be decidedly useless so far. Yay.
@Zaz: I have no idea if the order is involved or not. As my win condition is specifically tied to the humans, I'm taking it to mean that I'm against spirits. BTW: The exact wording in my role PM is that I'm a Creature Of Pure Will. Basically a spirit, but not exactly.
DOC: PROTECT ME!

About Dev: He has his own role pm (PR). He investigated another PR (naomi). So all he would see/have knowledge of are PR roles/wording. Even with the deaths being "innocent" it could have been a limited reveal death game (just giving alignments). During D2 when he was questioned most heavily he would not have knowledge of our vanillager's actual role being "innocent". Townie or Pro-town would be analogous for a normal mafia game.
Amished, if you are indeed pro-town, it would be a very good idea for you to protect one of the confirmed townies. We got many of them, so we should keep the killers playing a guessing game if they try and off one of us. Best odds the town got.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2718 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

In the 5 Days a Stranger game, the small idol (perhaps this "doll") basically possesses people with Defoe's soul to go have a funtimes murder spree. It's also likely that if this is the idol I'm thinking of, it is the "Soul" component of the bridge and perhaps the person that grabbed it shouldn't come out (seeing as what happened to the "body") lest they get NKed by the Order? Thinking out loud here. Dram, I'll get to you later.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2724 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

10. Codes and the like are permitted, but using invisible/1pt text is not.
Fuck, really? I didn't even know that was a rule.

Fucking dammit, I enjoy the Chzo games and this theme. I ain't gonna complain about the ruling since it was in the rule set since the beginning, I'm more pissed with myself. Dammit, sorry town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”