Suicide Bomber Mafia - GAME OVER - Fastest Large Theme Ever?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #0) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Pariah »

Tempted to suicide Xylthixlm for posting too much.

A clear sign of scum is such interest in the game!
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Pariah »

It's also his birthday, so I'm further tempted to kill him as a present.

Besides, he makes TWO people who have x names.

Although the wisest choice might be Fritzler - simply because he'll kill with his first post.

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Pariah »

Empking; Post or die

Vote: Empking

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Tue May 19, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Pariah »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Pariah wrote:Tempted to suicide Xylthixlm for posting too much.

A clear sign of scum is such interest in the game!
You obviously haven't played with me before. :D
Well now I'm not playing with you anymore at all.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #4) » Tue May 19, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Pariah »

Empking wrote:
Pariah wrote:Empking; Post or die

Vote: Empking
This post has satisfied my overwhelmingly strong demands.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Thu May 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Pariah »

crywolf20084 wrote:I request we at least get to page ten before someone acts childish.
Hypocrite.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Fri May 22, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Pariah »

My opinion is that we're not going to probably ever see a lynch. No one is going to choose to die without taking out someone else. That's just how it is. I don't like 2 lists because it'll bog down the game unnecessarily.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Fri May 22, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Pariah »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Yay, I'm glad we took such a reasoned approach to Day One and allowed everyone to make a meaningful contribution.
Vote: DizzyIzzyB13

Reminds me of the classic "oh crap, the doctor died" scum tell."oh crap, the doctor died" scum tell.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Fri May 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Pariah »

This game needs more posts.

If we don't hit page 6 by this time tomorrow, DizzyIzzyB13 dies.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Sat May 23, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Pariah »

I'm happy with my vote on DizzyIzzy after his response.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Sat May 23, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Pariah »

Anyone else want to vote for me and/or defend DizzyIzzy's Oh My Word You Suck vote before I do or do not blow Dizzy Izzy to death?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Pariah »

crywolf20084 wrote:Page 10 I plan on bombing this person unless he has another reason from then and now.
Are you referring to me?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Pariah »

In all seriousness, although my initial move on Dizzy was to generate some reactions based on minimal evidence to hopefully create posts, I genuinely am now interested in the lynch of DizzyIzzy based off of his odd reaction and now the apparent threat on my life by CryWolf. (Who else would she blow up when she's voting me?)

It doesn't make any sense to blow up someone who's threatening to blow up someone else here. They die anyway and you would
KNOW
you're pro town if you were. So the smarter pro town move is to just let me kill the other guy. It's not like you know for sure Dizzy is town.

That's really a bizarre move.

This feels like scum trying to threaten me to go away from his buddy to me.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #13) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Pariah »

This whole page 10 thing is totally arbitrary as well.

It's almost like you're encouraging me to go off and blow up DizzyIzzy.

You can have your wish early.

Before anyone else deprives me of the opportunity,
Suicide: CryWolf20084

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #14) » Sun May 24, 2009 2:19 am

Post by Pariah »

:roll:

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Pariah »

:roll:

"Oh peoples played like immature babies."

All the complaining and whining over D2 was stupid.

Threatening to kill someone is in itself not immature. Blowing away someone who threatened to blow you up that threat is fine as their action is illogical.

If you are going to make a game where people can sacrifice themselves at will to kill, and you let Fritzler join without saying anything? Then you get what you get. I found the game fun and lighthearted in concept and joined it thinking it would be like this, not filled with players who feel like it's necessary to make personal attacks for
utilizing the game's mechanic

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Pariah »

Seriously, if you give the people an ability to kill and end day you should expect out of 18 or so people one of them is going to do it - whether you like the reason or not, you put a ton of control in the player's hand. If you don't want it to end day, you need to rework the mechanic. If you don't like that, you shouldn't have been so naive to join this kind of a game.

I'm not complaining toward the mod - moreso the people harassing me.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by Pariah »

Honestly, the game is designed around a mechanic. The mechanic is open to all players. To design a game and expect them to not use the mechanic is stupid - MoD knew what he was up to. It's bad design otherwise.

The players who expect a mechanic to exist and not be utilized are being naive, and being excessive for going off the deep end for it. You should have realized what you signed up for.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:45 am

Post by Pariah »

SensFan wrote:
Pariah wrote:Honestly, the game is designed around a mechanic. The mechanic is open to all players. To design a game and expect them to not use the mechanic is stupid - MoD knew what he was up to. It's bad design otherwise.

The players who expect a mechanic to exist and not be utilized are being naive, and being excessive for going off the deep end for it. You should have realized what you signed up for.
Sorry, but I disagree as well.

The mechanic is a lot deeper, and has a ton more usage than "random suicides ftw!"
Don't mean to offend, but it's human nature to want to do things especially if someone tells you shouldn't. Design needs to "balanced" for this. And honestly, if you intend a super serious game? Don't let Fritzler join. (Not that I dislike him - it's just that he plays like that with vigilante roles.) Not a good tone setter. I mean really, two sacrifices and then the game's over? Kind of quick. Basically Day two was lynch or lose if a townie was sacrificed and a town took out.

What else did you expect when that happened, though? Mechanic is only as deep as the execution by the players. As executed, these are going to be the way the games play out - and that may be a good or a bad thing in your opinion. There's a reason Texas Justice was only 6 pages. Unless you pick or choose your player base of the most serious and bestest people ever who have all convened and decided to never use the mechanic, games will be like this.

But by then why did you bother to make the mechanic? To function that every player is "Vengeful" and sometimes not?

The game's advertised with the ability to blow people up. People sign up because of that ability. I have no problem with what MoD made - you just have to know what you're signing up for. I might have tweaked numbers but I've no complaints.

Personally my death was not totally "random" but I've not read the rest of the thread- seeing as it's 8 pages. My decision was essentially someone claimed they were going to kill me by page 10 for claiming to kill someone else. That's very odd - A lot of people were "mad" at me for my threat - the original was to see what'd he say - so I thought before a random person took me out I took out myself. I was wrong, but the original action was just silly - if someone is threatening to kill someone else, your reaction should not be "I am going to vig you" because you at least know you are "town" or projecting it to the scum.

Better to lose me and an unknown.

@Flay: If a mechanic continually destroys games and blows lots of people up who are town after multiple appearances, perhaps as executed the mechanic has been fully explored? If someone really loves it, there needs to be another way to do it and communication by the GO without mixed messages about the intent - given one idea or another of what you want. Is it a "blow yourself up first" or "possible but never use me much" ability?

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Pariah »

@Knits: "2)Adel made everyone agree to nominate an enforcer, whose job was to dynamite any player who struck a light without town consensus. This kept people honest. "

So the mechanic basically was turned from being able to kill people to just functioning as two lynches . That's...rather boring and could just be reworked that way and functioned almost identically. Not that it wasn't the right play, but it sounds rather defeating.

This execution seems like an interesting more casual kind of idea that could be play seriously but with expected silly results and that's about all with the intrepretation. I didn't joke kill though.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Pariah »

Sir Tornado wrote:This game was a farce. The town was filled with too many dimwits who didn't have the maturity/aptitude to play this game.
S'not really necessary to personally attack people. I'm sorry if you were heart broken over the results, but if you look at this (which agrees with a lot of what I just said)...
PokerFace wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Fuzzy lightning was scum and never posted once during the game. There should be award for getting away with something like that. heh heh
The "His computer broke after he signed up and therefore didn't have a way to post for the entirety of the game" award?

Note: I'm not him, I just know him IRL, and this was what happened.
oh, ouch! I guess it was unintentional then. Computer failure sucks but at least it didn't cause him to loose. Lurking generally aids scum in the Heavy day kill games.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:To be fair, I think both Bad Idea mafias were won by scum (I was Godfather in the second one :twisted:), so I think there is a track record for town failing in these kinds of setups.
Pretty Much

Scum Wins:
Expolosiva
Bad Idea Mafia
Bad Idea Mafia 2
Russian Roulette 2
Yosarians Nuke Game
Unreal Tournament Mafia
Worse Idea Mafia - Guardian fails
Marathon Bad Idea Mafias 1 and 2
The Battle of Heaven Series (Did town win any of those?)

Town Wins:
Dynamite Mafia
Really Bad Idea
Russian Roulette 1 & 3
UT Prototype (Wors
t
Idea)
I play the game seriously elsewhere but I don't take it so easily that people who do dumb or bad players are suddenly dimwits.

I can't answer for the other suicides, but I don't feel bad for my own.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Pariah »

Arrgh, sorry for quadposting but I took it here seriously too. But I don't feel bad for anyone who joined this game and felt let down - thinking about the set up and theme and the track record told you what you were in for.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”