Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Hi all.

Vote: ortolan
. He confuses me.

Too bad I don't know my second head. I'm Dutch and male, what about you?
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

@whoever asked me why ortolan confused me: I did not know whether he was joking or not. Now he said that he was, and also because my vote was semi-random:
Unvote

No lynch is bad. Why? For the same reasons as in a normal game. Assuming the second heads are chosen randomly, lynching someone randomly would give us a certain percentage of hitting scum, times two because the other head gets lynched as well. On the other hand, the night gives us a 100% chance to lose 2 townies (if there were no powerroles, and 1 scumgroup). It's just as if we perform two day-night cycles in a normal game, but only if both our lynch target and his head are considered scummy. That's why I think the answer to the question "lynch a superscummy player with a protown head or two players who are a bit scummy?" is the latter.

And
FoS: UROE
for the no lynch (not just the suggestion of it).
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Vote: Empking
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I keep forgetting this, so I'll do this first:

Mod
: were the second heads assigned randomly? Everyone assumed so, so maybe it's already been asked and answered, but in that case I missed it.
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:Lawrencelot: Is that vote just because he is an ass, or for some kind of concrete evidence? (If it's just 'cuz he's an ass, remember, he is attached to someone else today, and we have mostly agreed that we need to lynch the scummiest PAIR...)
He did something of which I think it warrants a vote. And I don't think ortolan is acting that protown either, but also not that scummy.
Empking wrote:Why am I scummy for moving his vote but not him for moving my vote?
Your last vote was on Brandi since page 2 for no reason other than to move it off of you, which is a good reason, but of course not good enough to let it stay on Brandi. Now ortolan made a small case and votes someone, and what do you do? Switch it right away. Like someone suggested, you defending a scumbuddy was also my first thought.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Santos wrote:Lawrencelot, why do you need
Mod
assurance about how the game was setup? Obviously this whole thing has been random, unless you know something we don't?
Roles are assigned randomly. I assumed second heads are assigned randomly as well, but just to be sure I asked for a confirmation of that. The mod could also decide not to answer the question, and in that case it would be possible (though unlikely) that the second heads were not decided randomly, which isn't possible anymore.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I like KMD's last post here, it's a good case on Slicey/ani. However, in my experience fence-sitting as you call it does not necessarily mean scum. They are scumtells, and in this case even a small example of antitown behaviour, but the question remains
why
Slicey does not take a stance and vote someone. I can see scum behaving like he did about the no lynch, but the third quote above looks less like scum behaviour to me, and more like bad town play. That 'waiting for his other head' makes me want to vote him, though.

FOS: Slicey
. Not sure if I want to change my vote (yet).

And BSG, most of us are only familiar with Tar as a mod or player, not with IIOA (whatever it is).
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

@Kmd and Lawrencelot: I'm Ani's replacement... Either vote for Slicey based on Slicey, vote for me based on me, or vote the both of us for the both of us. Please do not vote me based on Ani's ineptitude.
@Lawrence and KMD
How come you missed that Ani was replaced by IT?
I did indeed miss that Ani was replaced, but that doesn't follow from my post. I only fossed slicey, I didn't even vote, and the only time I mentioned ani's name was in regard to KMD's case. Just read my post again.
pop wrote:
me wrote:That 'waiting for his other head' makes me want to vote him, though.
I was agreeing with you when I started reading your post but then I read the bold part. Why?
Because waiting for your other head is just antitown behaviour that fits right into the category "active lurking" (although not in the subtile part of it). Why wait for anyone except people who you made a case on or asked a question to?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Less than a week till deadline, so we should aim towards a lynch now. I think one of <ort+empking, santos+bsg, IT+slicey> is the most likely / best option. Although I agree about santos's scumminess, I think that we should leave him for a day where he's not attached to someone else. I don't know what to think of Ortolan's play, but Empking looks scummy to me, and so does Slicey. I slightly prefer ort+empking because IT says he's going to be busy, maybe that's not fair but IT didn't give me any scum vibes anyway while Ortolan did so Slicey might also be an option for later. Anyway, for now my vote stays.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I've become less sure that ort or empking is scum (I do want to hear from ort why empking is obvtown), and this also counts for slicey.
Unvote
. I don't like populartajo's play in this game, but I'm not sure if it's scummy. Santos is the only of the 'big wagons' that i like, but he's attached to BSG so I'd rather wait with Santos till later.

Vote: populartajo
for now.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Well UROE did say what I didn't want to say. Since it's out there: I think ortolan is either scum/independent, or town with a good role. That is why I don't want to lynch ortolan/empking, it may cost the town a lot.

I kinda messed up my 'vote without reason to see reactions' with my real thoughts on populartajo. I seriously don't like his play, asking questions without really sharing his thoughts with reasons himself, trying to 'brainwash' others that Brandi (or was it Braeden) is scummy without even mentioning anything about the posts he quoted. However, this is only from a negative point of view, if you look at it differently populartajo doesn't play scummy at all, trying to make the town think for themselves, gather information, etc. That's why I wasn't sure it was scummy.

But because in my memory populartajo gives me protown vibes in other games, while now he doesn't, I thought he was a good place for my vote if I wasn't gonna vote Slicey or Ortolan or Santos. Like I say in other games, gut is the most important thing I got on the first day. I'll keep my vote on pop for vibes, which isn't a case at all so sooner or later I (or julien) will have to switch anyway. But I don't like the ort or slicey or santos wagons that much anymore. Except Santos but then BSG goes down with him.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Now I was the one who didn't realize deadline was so soon...
Santos wrote:
@Lawrencealot
, why are you not voting for me when you keep saying you want to vote for me? My understanding is that if we want to lynch scum, it might as well go along with one townie too because 1 scum is better than lynching two townie (heads), no?
As you wish.
Unvote; Vote: Santos
. I don't believe in Jesters in closed games, so...
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

@Santos: For some reason I have to read your posts multiple times before I understand a thing of it. No, I am not scum. Yes, I have given clarification, although I didn't clearly mention it as it is obvious: you asking for a vote pushed me over. I already said I don't think Slicey is scum (anymore) so that's why I voted you instead of Slicey. I hope I answered all your questions...
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Vote: Santos
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:30 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Good idea, let's just vote like normal and BSG can use that information to form his opinion.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

I voted KMD, mostly by process of elimination. Voting BSG did not really occur to me I think, but I'm fine with it (depending on what she will say as she did not post yet).

Killa seven will just play with minimal effort and the least amount of reading as usual. Unless he's gonna say he'll do otherwise, I'd like to see him replaced as well.

Now the more important discussion: who are we going to lynch?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

I'm still here. I'm trying to look for scum without rereading, and I'm failing. But I don't like or have time to reread :(
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:21 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

The no lynch discussion by him was somewhat scummy, but afterwards I think his intentions were not antitown, therefore my read on him is currently townie.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

raider8169 wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote:The no lynch discussion by him was somewhat scummy, but afterwards I think his intentions were not antitown, therefore my read on him is currently townie.
How was is somewhat scummy? I find to be the opposite, those not willing to discuss it was more scummy. Discussing anything is never a bad thing it only turns bad when someone starts acting on their idea unless it was decided it was a good idea.
Because if this town was not smart town might be convinced that the different mechanics (D1) make it OK for them to no lynch, which is not true. So it could be a plan of the mafia, but I highly doubt that now.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:24 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

raider8169 wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote:Because if this town was not smart town might be convinced that the different mechanics (D1) make it OK for them to no lynch, which is not true. So it could be a plan of the mafia, but I highly doubt that now.
Couple things on this. Discussing it is NEVER scummy. Acting upon it might be depending on the circumstances. In our case it would have been a good thing as we lynched 2 townies. Granted we were hoping one was scum but as it didnt happen we now know what would have been better. Reguardless I was the one that brought it up and I think it would have been a good idea. I wanted other people opinions on this. You say it is not true care, to explain this?
Do you want another no lynch discussion? No, no lynch wouldn't be good even with these different mechanics, for the same reasons as in a normal game, but I say this only because I expected two people to be killed at night, like 2 people were lynched. Since this was not true, no lynch might have been an option, but as always: if you don't lynch scum won't die unless there's a really lucky/smart vig/bus driver/whatever.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Bah! of some sort

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”