IronTurkey
IronTurkey
Townie
IronTurkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by IronTurkey »

I'm AnimorperV1's replacement and Slicey's other head. I'm reading the thread right now so I should be up to speed soon.
[Support Music]
IronTurkey
IronTurkey
Townie
IronTurkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by IronTurkey »

Kay, I just finished my first read.

First off:
Unvote: Ort/Emp
because the vote is residual from Ani's OMGUS.

Now:

@ No Lynch: I think the general consensus is that No Lynch is (still) a bad idea. I agree wholeheartedly.

@URoE: I see the case against him however I feel that while his actions were slightly scummy they weren't necessarily unjustified. I also feel that bringing up the idea of a No Lynch was good even if the idea itself was bad. It certainly gave us (or you rather) a starting point for serious discussion.

@ort: The whole self vote discussion was really quite unnecessary, sure it's good to be wary but that argument bordered on inanity.

Well that should cover the major discussion that's already occurred.

Also: I agree with Ort's assessment of Slicey. I really shouldn't since he and I are linked however I'm playing to win and winning is not staying alive. Winning is taking out scum. That being said not only do I find this accurate:
Ok, the way he's expressed it isn't particularly scummy but it's still a bad argument- depending on how many scumteams there are, the scum certainly won't hit a pair featuring someone from their own faction tonight. So there's no chance of scum miskilling their own faction (crosskills may occur, depending on the setup). Thus I still think we revert to the obvious argument that no-lynch is bad because it deprives us of the only town-directed kill.

Vote: Slicey because I've seen nothing pro-town from him all game.
but I believe that Slicey's choice of words here (in post 145):
I'm kind of torn between No Lynch idea. D1 NL's are almost always bad because then we have very little to go on D2. However, if we lynch, we have to possibility of losing 4 townies (two on the lynch and two at night.)

I'm more in favor of a lynch, but I'm not throwing the NL idea out the window.
is slightly (but not wholly) damning. Notice that he says that we will lose two players at night due to a scum hit. But I understand that it may be possible that the game could shift towards another mode (or to the format of a different game if you will) during night. After all the voice that came through in the beginning did not necessarily say that it would take until the next day to shift to the next mode. This may be weak but it is Day One and should Emp's recent actions truly be scum saving a partner then it's at least worth considering.

Actually speaking of Emp's actions I'd like him to explain what drove him to change Ort's vote to a (IMO) less scummy player.

Oh and before anyone asks: I'm not going to vote Slicey because: A) he can change the vote at any time anyway and B) though playing to win means finding scum, I'd very much like to be in this game longer than one day.
[Support Music]
IronTurkey
IronTurkey
Townie
IronTurkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:15 am

Post by IronTurkey »

@BSG: You asked my opinion on Santos, correct? Upon reviewing his posts he has indeed contributed little however he has contributed and has not done anything scummy enough to warrant a vote.
[Support Music]
IronTurkey
IronTurkey
Townie
IronTurkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:26 am

Post by IronTurkey »

BSG wrote:@IronTurkey
I didn't ask for your opinion of Santos. I wanted to hear why Santos is less scummy than Slicey to you. In your last post, you said that Santos has contributed little, but he hasn't done anything scummy that warrants a vote. So what has Slicey done that normally would warrant a vote?

Also:
BSG wrote:It seems that you don't want Slicey to be lynched only to be longer in the game, so who would you like to lynch instead?
Could you answer this IronTurkey?
Ah I see. Well, aside from wasting posting space, Santos hasn't done anything (town or scum). Slicey's posts, however, don't sit well with me for reasons I've stated before albeit weak reasons. It is day one and not much has really happened and so I feel that Slicey is the most scummy.

I'd rather lynch scum that isn't attached to me. I have no real reads at this point so I'm not going to come out and say Empking should die when I feel that he is decidedly neutral.

@Kmd and Lawrencelot: I'm Ani's replacement... Either vote for Slicey based on Slicey, vote for me based on me, or vote the both of us for the both of us. Please do not vote me based on Ani's ineptitude.
[Support Music]
IronTurkey
IronTurkey
Townie
IronTurkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by IronTurkey »

Santos wrote:Oh, nice catch ;)

I agree with BSG. Slicey followed my lead by claiming he has a partner and not another head. Partner = scum buddy = guilty. I am satisfied.
Freud was an idiot. So we're clear let me rephrase that: your reasoning is shoddy. Two people who are conjoined at the neck and yet who are both individuals (possibly with differing agendas) are quite liable to be labeled partners. You are, of course allowed to justify your vote (or simply your suspicion, I really don't know) with such a small twist of language, however it is reaching rather far to call the two of us scum without more evidence to back you up.

Also: sorry about the inactivity guys. A new semester just started up and I didn't expect to get swamped with work. I've read everything I've missed however this post is my final one until Tuesday (as I have to go without internet access for the duration of the extended weekend). I'll make sure to comment on Tuesday over the goings on during the weekend and my contribution should become more regular Thursday (after my paper is done...sigh). Just a heads-up.
[Support Music]
IronTurkey
IronTurkey
Townie
IronTurkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by IronTurkey »

Budja wrote:I agree with URoE with the vote.

However I don't see how Slicey needs a vote for pressure. That part makes little sense to me.
I'd like to hear more from Ironturkey.
Really? You read my posts enough that you'd like to hear more from me without realizing I said I'd be gone?

I find the whole Ort / BSG thing to be interesting but am not sure which side I agree with. This is mainly because I (again) agree with Ortlan's analysis of Slicey and yet I find myself identifying with BSG's attack on Ort. Perhaps this is a mere function of my desire to not be taken down with Slicey (as it appears will happen, what with Friday being the deadline and all). Either way I now believe (due to both of their respective scum-hunting enterprises) that both BSG and Ort are town (or at least not blatant scum) and are simply blasting each other without thought (as evidenced by the introduction of another game's play and the tom-foolery of he said/she said).

I should probably do a reread and take notes. I neglected to do so and now seem to forget what happened and blend games together.
[Support Music]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”